Filter by:

• Overall

About Atera

Atera is the ultimate all-in-one remote IT management solution for MSPs, IT consultants and IT departments. Try Atera for free today.

Learn more about Atera

Sean M.
IT Security Manager
Utilities, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/17

"Saved us 100,000 a year and revitalized our IT Dept"

Comments: It has been a huge time-saving, money saving, frustration saving, extravaganza of awsomeness.

Pros: The connection to the computers in the field regardless of network (LTE,WIFI,Internal Lan, Guest) so long as you can get internet on the device it will work. (Sometimes when internet is not even available, specific circumstances). The product was found when our company was looking at Connectwise which quoted out 180,000 a year for all of our devices. Atera came in at 1 - 2 a month because of the shift away from how licensing typically destroys your budget. It allowed us to hire a helpdesk person with the savings. Not only that i got rid of my WSUS server and have been using Atera to give realistic reports about the current state of our systems without needing to spend hours going through data. This freed me up to do more of the security work that i have on a day to day basis.

Cons: Some features that could be improved would be the training for how to use it. ITs such an easy product to use you accidentally forget about a lot of the things you can do in mass. I caught our Helpdesk person installing a Symantec update device by device when he should have just rolled it out through MSI deployment to the group. Since it is so easy to connect, push a file, remote in and install, then report on the software/state of the machine after he figured it would be quick.

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise Control

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Reporting, WSUS Push, Established Connections, RMM, we were evaluating connectwise which quoted out to a steep price "but it was worth it because it would save us 2 - 3 hires" according to the salesperson. Atera did the same thing but we were able to hire someone with the direct savings.

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Price, same functionality, ease of use, deployment options.

by Atera on 2021/02/16

Hey Sean, we are so greatful for in-depth the review, and so happy to see the levels of success that Atera helped you reach!
The reporting is something that we put plenty of work into, and luckily, this pays off, for both you as well as your clients.
In regards to the trainings, we did release our Atera Academy program, which has plenty of materials, including text, videos, quizzes, and many more, in order to help you better understand our program and, why not, have a bit of fun with the gamification element. :)
Here's to many more years of successful cooperation!

• Reviewed on 2020/12/17
James D.
COO
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/17

"Quality has gone downhill"

Comments: We have been with Atera since 2015. We have seen a lot of changes, most for the better. But at the start of 2019 everything has gone down hill. The site is slow, remote support (Splashtop) frequently goes down, and the lack of true support. What I mean by lack of true support is that they know they have a problem on their end, yet you get a canned response from them to flush your cookies and history. We are a IT company! We know a problem when we see one, and flushing our browsers is not going to fix the issues they are having. It is quite embarrassing when a customer calls you and you are unable to help them remotely because your systems don't work. Time to move to another RMM!

Pros: The price point for this product is excellent, if it worked properly.

Cons: Constant issues in the past few months. Cannot use remote frequently, it fails consistently since January 2019. Customer support is responsive in a canned response kind of way.

by Atera on 2021/02/18

Hey James, thank you for the honest feedback.
As we continued on growing, and expanding our customers list, our old infrastructure was seriously tested, which could have caused performance issues, especially during peak hours.
However, since 2019, we have added a new method of pinging agents, a back-up method as well, we have revamped the splashtop reliability and integrations, and we added many more features.
In regards to the support experience, since Atera is a browser-based app, browser resets/cleaning the cache can help in several situations. This will obviously not fix performance issues, but it is a common troubleshooting procedure.
We invite you to test Atera out again, and see the improvements made since 2019 for yourself, both in reliability, as well as in features.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/17
Network Engineer
Machinery, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/02

"Chose this solution over alot of others"

Comments: Very good company to deal with! Fast response times as well as great customer support!

Pros: The fact that help desk tickets and monitoring were all in the same package as well as AV

Cons: It does not have Anti Virus reports built in directly with the portal.

Alternatives Considered: SolarWinds Service Desk, Sixth Sense IT Solutions and Monitis

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Cost and issues all the time with TeamViewer and Splashtop integration.

Switched From: NinjaRMM

Reasons for Switching to Atera: We felt that it had all the benefits that we needed as a company!

• Reviewed on 2020/11/02
Brian L.
Lead Tech
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/04

"Great option for small MSP looking for a simple, affordable solution"

Comments: We're a small MSP with 3 techs. Labtech/Connectwise is WAY overkill. We miss a few features but honestly it hasn't been enough of a hindrance to regret our decision. Cost savings is worth whatever bells and whistles we lost. Can it be better? Sure. But that's why it's great knowing the dev team is constantly releasing new features and improvements.

Pros: Great option for small MSP looking for a simple, affordable solution Simplicity. It felt a bit barebones at first coming from Labtech, but it refocused us on the important things and not get scatter brained. We took on the attitude of "if Altaro doesn't have it, you don't need it". It's been two years and we honestly haven't looked back. It's also great having a flat fee per tech instead of per agent fee. It's a relief when deploying agents since It doesn't feel like I'm incurring additional overhead each time I add an agent. I also appreciate their agile feature releases. It gives me the feeling that the team is not sitting still and always earning my dollar.

Cons: The reporting is a bit weak. I'm used to being able to hook into the database and generate custom reports coming from Connectwise. I used to have a Excel pivot table pulling data directly from Connectwise and it was data nerd heaven. While API is available, it doesn't supply the same volume of information that the built-in reports offer. I submitted a feature request to simply expose the reports via API (this is how Connectwise does it) so hopefully that will happen in the future. Also, Splashtop remote control that comes with Atera is just too slow to connect. It's actually pretty good once the connection is established, but there's a ~30 sec delay from the time you click on the button. That might not sound like much, it can feel like eternity when there is a customer on the phone. Plus it takes too long to find out when the connection doesn't work for some reason. We bit the bullet and paid for Screenconnect.

Alternatives Considered: Pulseway

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Cost / complexity

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Cost / simplicity

• Reviewed on 2020/01/04
Kaine C.
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/21

"My experience with Atera has been pretty positive. Atera has become essential in our workplace."

Pros: What I like about Atera is it's user friendly GUI, simplicity and overall performance.
Atera has plenty of features, especially at it's price point. Unlike other RMM's, Atera offers a base price, with an unlimited amount of devices. This is a huge pro, as it allows us to test certain things on specific devices before rolling everything out, without being charged a "per device" fee. It's also nice to have in general, as with the remote support integrations, it can be utilized to remotely access (via integrated Splashtop for FREE) specific machines as well, while still avoiding that "per device" fee.
The integrated ticking system is quite convenient as well. It saves from having to purchase third party software to handle similar tasks (which are required by most RMM's nowadays.)
Overall, my business currently relies on Atera for a multitude of tasks, which it performs very well at.

Cons: The only real con I have for Atera, is that it currently does not support the ability for a customer login account. This is kind of a downer for us, as some of our customers like to login to view their site/network (of course with limited access). To be able to do this currently requires the use of multiple technician licenses, which can get Very costly if multiple techs at multiple clients want to have access. That aside, the only other downside is that there's currently no integration with Bitdefender nor Cloudberry.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/21
Jason Z.
Jason Z.
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/24

"Excellent value all around"

Comments: This is the best value I have been able to find with all the RMMs, with all the features I need and many I dont, that i have been able to find at a good price point for any company size. I dont know that I could ask for more, very satisfied with this service.

Pros: I love the amount of easy organization, the full functionality for device agent software, reporting, alerts, and overall ease of use that sits at the point of not being overblown and too much to work with.

Cons: I have yet to find something I do not like, but I wish there was more granular control per agent on being able to select what is reported on for alerts.

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise Manage

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Connectwise packages are more expensive and offer more then I would use as a small Service Provider.

Reasons for Switching to Atera: overpriced for small business affordability

• Reviewed on 2019/10/24
Piero O.
IT Manager
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/13

"A different view on licensing for MSPs"

Comments: Good

Pros: The licensing model and the possibility to submit needed features to the developers team.

Cons: lacks of some feature if compared to market leaders, but new features are implemented almost on a monthly basis

Alternatives Considered: RMM

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Licensing model

• Reviewed on 2020/07/13
Edwin G.
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/26

"Great Product"

Comments: Excellent

Pros: Easy of use and implementing. multi-platform support

Cons: When I first started to use the product they did not have an SNMP repository. They now have one, so everything is good.

Alternatives Considered: SolidWorks Premium and Kaseya VSA

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Price and included features

• Reviewed on 2020/12/26
Andrew B.
  • Reviewed on 2021/08/10

"Good product, solves the remote access issue so well"

Comments: Great, it solved my remote user support issues completely. I can see when a PC is online and I can take action so easily. Before I was using a combination of free products that worked but was not efficent.

Pros: I like the devices views, I can easily find a specific user's PC and remote into it or run scripts / actions to diagnose or fix problems. I also love the automation for end user PC's so much easier than using Group Policy to control updates and other things like temp files cleanup.

Cons: Difficulty in setting up SNMP devices. The lack of titles / descriptions for OID's being populated "automagically" is a bit of a pain. Maybe the ability to upload vendor MIB files against a SNMP device when creating it? Or maybe a personal repository of MIB files that is scanned when creating a new SNMP device so that you can pick what MIB's apply?

• Reviewed on 2021/08/10
Erwin T.
IT Manager-Owner
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/29

"ATERA is the best RMM software I ever used"

Comments: I install and support POS software and needed a very easy to use software in order to monitor the equipment installed. I have more than 30 customers at this time, and ATERA always let me know what is going on with the systems and allowed me to remote control them if needed for assistance and also for tranining.

Pros: Easy to Use
Easy to Deploy
Very intuitive interface
All the features I needed

Cons: I can not think of any at this point, sincerely if you need a good RMM software that includes everything you could ever need to help and support your customers ATERA is the right one.

by Atera on 2019/04/17

Thanks so much for your great feedback, Erwin! We are happy to hear about your positive experience working with us. As always please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/29
Jim K.
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/01

"So far so good, perfect for a small business, MSP or not!"

Comments: It is allowing me to offer a more worldly service from a single end user set up.

Pros: More and more businesses are heading away from the triage/ break fix model for IT support. There is definitely room for a hybrid between this model and the managed services model in the market. The Atera software offers a very robust solution for smaller companies to offer this hybrid and to work smarter and not harder. The pricing is amazing and it allows the tool to be used for ALL clients to an extent with a more robust management option for the managed service clients.

Cons: I have used a few other agents for similar services. Some have been much more ingrained in the system and offer a bit more control and support of the system. Some of the patching interface seems a bit "clunky", but not unmanageable. To be fair, Atera does have a "suggestions" option, so I will be offering my input regularly on what would make it work better for me and businesses my size.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/01
Parker L.
Parker L.
  • Reviewed on 2016/04/14

"Atera for MSP's."

Comments: As the IT industry evolves, we have to also evolve to meet the needs of our clients. Our IT Company has seen a lot of changes in the industry over the last 20 years. In order to compete in this competitive market, we need to be in constant contact with our clients and to be able to quickly address their issues. Over the last year, our managers have been beta testing Managed Services Software products. They made a decision to buy a RMM package from a reputable company that wanted to break into this market. Their product offered an extensive feature list but it was too difficult to use for our staff and they did not invest the time to training and integration. So, after a year of wasting money, the owners of the company decided to go a different direction. They chose Atera, a full featured RMM and PSA product that is priced different than the rest of the market. This pricing model was what first attracted us to this product. Being a small company with a limited budget, we watch all monthly expenditures. Pricing based on the number of active Technicians just made sense to us and our clients. After the 30 Day trial period, communicating with Atera Sales and Support, we felt like this product was a perfect fit. The interface is easy to understand and Atera Support has been responsive and knowledgeable. We are still in the beginning stages of deployment and so far, we are very pleased with the performance and the Atera staff.

• Reviewed on 2016/04/14
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/25

"Great low cost solution for IT managed services"

Comments: We subscribed to Atera to help keep track and support our managed service clients. It worked very well and was super easy to deploy.

Pros: Atera was simple to use and set up. I liked that it focused in the most common needs and didn't try to do everything but do the things that matter well. I also liked that there wasn't a charge for each and every monitoring license.

Cons: There were a few missing features but nothing we couldn't handle in another manner.

by Atera on 2019/04/17

Thanks so much! We are happy to hear about your positive experience working with us. As always please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/25
Merrell L.
President and CTO
  • Reviewed on 2016/01/13

"Very polished, powerful, turnkey out of the box solution to being an MSP!"

Comments: After running Labtech and other RMM software for years, I discovered Atera through a friend. Right away, the licensing of Atera was appealing after being hit with per-endpoint licensing of Labtech for years. Atera's cost per MSP Technician was a huge relief! When I installed the software and started deploying it, I found that the default features and configuration was good to use right out of the box! Getting 2 major clients setup in Atera was a breeze and everything I wanted to modify along the way was super self-explanitory. The staff at Atera emailed me due to some questions I had with deployment and they were amazingly helpful with great bedside manner. As I've gotten into more and more customization, I'm seeing that the features and functionality is very simple yet it has a couple key features (Automation Rules and Scripts) where you can really go the distance to expand Ateras functionality into doing amazing things! Atera's Helpdesk ticketing system is fantastic, and my customers are really enjoying a much better user interface for their tickets than my previous RMM ticketing system! I'm giving Atera 5 stars except for "Overall" only because it's still being developed and I'm looking forward to what expanded features are on the way! Any bugs I've found have been either cosmetic or minor -- nothing at all with the functionality or features. Good work, guys - Keep it up.

• Reviewed on 2016/01/13
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/28

"Great, cost effective RMM for MSPs"

Comments: I am able to quickly assist customers by remotely logging in and transferring files they may need.

Pros: Atera is inexpensive but has a per user license which allows for an MSP to install on as many devices as they can manage. The automation features make repetitive tasks very simple.

Cons: I would like to see them continue to expand who they partner with. They have a few antimalware / security partners as well as cloud storage partners but I would like them to expand those to encompass most of the industry.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/28
Lannys L.
SysAdmin
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/06

"Works well very useful"

Comments: overall its good

Pros: I really like the feature that allows us to deployment scripts both powershell and CMD also Patch management.

Cons: reports needs work, maybe allow for use to customize

• Reviewed on 2021/05/06
Yannick P.
Computer Networking, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/26

"great software, good value for money, lacks some minute features compared to bigger competetors"

Comments: faster response on customer problems, also being able to solve 9 out of 10 problems before they actually occur / client notices them.

Pros: easy of use, pay per technician not by agent.
online backup and anti virus implementation right out of the box.
Ticketing system

Cons: When agents are not yet installed, remote support is not possible.
Like teamviewer using an ID and pass this is not possible.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/26
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/22

"After trying several different RMM platforms, we're finally happy"

Comments: A+

Pros: Atera is perfect for both small RMM shops & larger ones, also for internal IT departments. Very intuitive Dashboard, low cost, easy rollout, very detailed reporting and excellent support.

Cons: We look forward to some additional integrations with other softwares. Atera comes out with new features quite often which is also a big plus.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/22
Josh W.
Josh W.
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/30

"Great but needs tweaking and more integration with Xero, not via Zapier."

Comments: A great Management platform that my engineers will use

Pros: Integration with Zapier is a huge plus and the API portal is really good to work with.

Cons: Splashtop is a pain. When are you guys getting TeamViewer? App integration would be amazing so Techs on the road can enter hours in easily.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/30
Richard M.
Director of IT Operations
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/23

"Atera is great for smaller MSPs."

Comments: I'm able to to proactively support my remote clients and provide backup options that my customers are familiar with.

Pros: Send system information with Helpdesk Agent support tickets, Network Discovery: Scheduled Scans

Cons: Customer Portal is not really customizable.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/23
Arno D.
Technical Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/23

"Quick and Easy to use"

Comments: Great reporting and patch management.

Pros: Multi factor Authentication is built in and how fast the connection is.

Cons: No option to create a local admin on the remote machines YET.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/23
Jacques H.
Jacques H.
Computer Networking
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2015/12/21

"Atera is practically in a class of its own"

Comments: Atera is a new product and new approach but is practically in a class of its own with their all in one system, simplicity and unique pricing model which is technician based and not server and workstation based that is expensive and not predictable. We have been in the computer business since 1990, and have tried many of the legacy software out there and Atera is the one thing we have been waiting for. We use it for everything from workstation and server monitoring, help desk, ticket management and remote connection and billing.

Pros: The easy of use, streamlined all in one system combined with the transparent, affordable pricing.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2015/12/21
Scott M.
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/27

"Atera has taken me to the next level!"

Comments: Love the pricing by technician! As a growing IT consulting company, I was needing a tool to allow me to service more customers. The RMM offering from Atera fit the bill and has been exactly what I needed to take my business to the next level. It has allowed me to more efficiently meet my customer's needs.

Pros: Pricing is great!
Easy to remotely access customer devices.
Add-ons are very great options (Webroot, Acronis, Bitdefender, etc.)

Cons: Haven't really found any cons with this software yet.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/27
Matt F.
Matt F.
Telecoms Engineer
Telecommunications
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/24

"Excellent! Atera has enabled us to be more pro active in supporting our customers."

Comments: Being able to be more pro active with the support we provide customers.

Pros: Atera is a feature packed RMM platform with exceptional value for money. As there is no cost per device this has allowed us to monitor anything and everything making us far more pro active. The API has also allowed us to integrate other systems into Atera which don't support SNMP.

Cons: SNMP polling timers cannot be changed and are set at 10/15 minutes per check.
MIB's are not supported either, which means OID's have to be added manually.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/24
Robert E.
Network Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/06

"It works very well and with their current price model it's better than anything else out there."

Comments: Helps me support my customers better and more quickly.

Pros: The pricing model is amazing. It makes supporting customers a breeze. The ticketing system is pretty decent. Overall the site is easy to use. The deployment is nice and easy too. The implementation of webroot is a breeze and it deploys super quickly.

Cons: The ticketing software could use some work. Also some of the features are behind the more expensive versions. But if they keep writing in features then it's still worth the price and then some!

• Reviewed on 2018/03/06