15 years helping South African businesses

About Atera

Atera is the ultimate all-in-one RMM, PSA and helpdesk solution for MSPs. Everything you need in one place. Try for Free now!

Learn more about Atera

Pros:

Atera has all the features that we were looking for. Adding another device to monitor is easy and does not increase your costs.

Cons:

Lack of some of the features that are presented in similar prices products.

Atera ratings

4.6
4.5
4.3
4.6

8.9/10

Atera has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 371 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Atera before?

Kelly
Kelly
Owner in Canada
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

A leading per tech licenced RMM

5.0 last month New

Comments: We’ve had a great experience with a terror and a happy that we switched to them. We’ve rolled our ticketing system into theirs as well, so that everything’s in one spot for tracking and reporting back to our clients. It’s been a great for our organization highly recommend it.

Pros:

I like it being all in one place and intuitive to use. The new addition of AI to help with tickets is great built-in support for remote. Makes it easier to connect clients.

Cons:

The inability to add month-to-month Technicians is if you’re on a yearly commit

Benjamin
IT Manager in Canada
Mining & Metals, 11–50 Employees

Perfect All in One Remote Support Solution

5.0 last month New

Comments: Very pleased with the pricing, support and offered features and implementations.

Pros:

Perfect for remotely administrating a variety of different operating systems and systems. We are a fully cloud, remote camps with StarLink and work-from-home-based company and Atera helps our IT team tremendously to keep an overview of all running systems and clients. We use a variety of functionality from patch management, over remote monitoring to the general support help desk. And if something doesn't work as expected Atera's support is just a chat away to investigate and support. Implements well with various 3rd party solutions, from Cyber Security to Backup, etc. including a steep discount on these services compared to the regular pricing.

Cons:

A lot of additional features have been moved from a free tier to a paid tier now including the very helpful new AI features. However, since the base pricing is already pretty low it is not a massive concern to have these packages added to our service.

Alternatives Considered: Datto RMM , ConnectWise ScreenConnect and NinjaOne

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Pricing and features offered. Pricing per technician is a game changer and allows to us better forecast the spending.

Sahil
Sahil
Associate in India
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

Excellent RMM and MSP software

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: During the software deployment is becomes easy to integrate the software in all the systems at once.

Pros:

1. Its a good software for remote access tools 2. It helps in simultaneous deployment of software across systems 3. It also has it very own mobile app which facilitates ease of access

Cons:

1. The cost factor is not good looking at the features it provides 2. The customer service is not satisfied 3. There is no training material provided there should be something like live training sessions.

Taylor
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Number 1 On the Community Page

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, it has been very positive; however, over the last 6-12 months, development has slowed down a lot (this may not be the case; Atera is very secretive about what is being developed). I love the community and Atera, but I don't like how they have handled price increases and features being broken into separate billed items.

Pros:

I love the product and most of its features. The support has been good when I have used it, and the community is rock solid. It is easy to use and easy on the eyes, meaning the UI is well thought out.

Cons:

The Feature Board is filled with Years of requests, some of which are essential features of an RMM or PSA. In my opinion, the Knowledge Base is useless in its current state, especially for saving passwords. No 2FA sharing means it is not helpful at all in IT. The recent Price Hikes and bait and switch on the AI features are a real slap in the face, in my opinion. Atera lacks a good handle on being open with what is happening with development and changes. I might freak out if I hear "it's on the roadmap" one more time. When? Two months from now or three years from now, as other requests have waited?

Alternatives Considered: Kaseya VSA , NinjaOne , SuperOps.ai and Pulseway

Reasons for Switching to Atera: We choose it because of the price per-tech licensing and ease of use. Now the price has gone up, the per-tech licensing is starting to become a lot more expensive than alternative options that do per endpoint.

Al
Owner in US

Atrea - Excellent choice for starting or growing MSP's

5.0 last month New

Comments: Excellent. They have consistenly delivered and support has been wonderful and efficient.

Pros:

For a low entry cost you are getting a ton of features and great support. Atera is very responsive and is constantly release new features suggested by the community. Atera is easy to learn and use. New technicians are up and running in no time.

Cons:

Reports and 3rd party integration is improving but still has more to go.

Alternatives Considered: Syncro , ConnectWise Automate and Autotask PSA

Reasons for Choosing Atera: We switched before the SolarWinds hack. When Covid hit SolarWinds was not responsive...so we switched providers and never looked back.

Switched From: SolarWinds Service Desk

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Had all the features at an increadible price.

Luther
Director of Operations in US
Individual & Family Services, 51–200 Employees

Atera is a Great Fit for our Organization

5.0 last month New

Comments: We have been very pleased with Atera. We utilized Atera to bring our Network Management in house. This reduced our operating costs and increased our efficiency at troubleshooting.

Pros:

The ease of use, the AI implementation for enduser support and script creation. The remote access and monitoring

Cons:

No cons at this moment! Atera has been working just as expected and we continue to explore the functionality.

Alternatives Considered: ManageEngine Endpoint Central

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Cost, functionality, ease of use, integration with other support services.

Switched From: ManageEngine Endpoint Central

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Cost, functionality, ease of use, integration with other support services.

Patrick
Network Administrator in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Looking forward to what the roadmap shows for the future of Atera

5.0 last month New

Comments: My overall experience has been great with Atera. I also enjoy the webinars they throw to show end users roadmaps for new implementations and also current pieces many users do not realize they have access to with the suite.

Pros:

The best feature for us using Ater is the ease of use and the quick response chat feature, those two items have been the best part of using this solution by far compared to other competitors.

Cons:

I would like Atera to have a free remote access software for staff and users it would eliminate another product and would allow us to only use Atera for everything when it comes to troubleshooting.

Cassandra
IT System and Support Specialist in US
Automotive, 501–1,000 Employees

Ease of use and very dependable

5.0 last month New

Comments: So far Atera has been excellent we have had no issues and been able to incorporate Atera everyday for ticketing and remote support server management and general service

Pros:

I like most that Atera handles everything for our company from asset management to remote support.

Cons:

That every time my computer is shut down I have to go thru MFA.

Adam
System Administrator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Atera Review

5.0 last month New

Comments: Atera offers what we need in an all-in-one solution that is now the backbone of our helpdesk and IT service department.

Pros:

The per technician pricing format was the top reason

Cons:

Nothing yet at this point stands out as a con

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise ScreenConnect , Salesforce Sales Cloud , NinjaOne and MSP Manager

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Price was the main factor at that moment, however I assumed we would be getting an inferior product, and I was wrong. Atera has exceeded expectations.

Rohan
Products and Platforms Engineer. in Netherlands
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Atera! A stable and All in one IT solutions management Platform.

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall I am happy with Atera for Immediate remote assistance.
It happens a lot of times where some changes could not be pushed through Windows GPO or Intune, in those cases this is the last stable option to push changes to client machines, in many cases this has been a lifesaver for me specially when existing PAM solution fails!

Pros:

I work in our organization managing Products and Platforms on employees machines. Atera is the platform I use to take remote into the target machines and to push Automation scripts once approved by management. I have never had any issue with Atera till date. The most I like is the UI stable and simple.

Cons:

Sometimes the remote session fails, sometimes, I have to login twice I don't know the reason why and it doesn't hinder me much. Also, sometimes the reporting shows wrong or gets updated late, like If I check the total remote into a machine happened, it shows incorrect info which sometimes get updated later.

Kevin
President in Canada

The best software for an SMB MSP

Comments: Overall this is an outstanding product. It has radical pricing, and integrates so easily with the rest of my business. With it's lightweight tools, I can run everything from a tablet even. New features are being brought out all the time, that I can choose to incorporate or not, and with the branding options, my customers see MY logo and my menu items. There is no better product on the market.

Pros:

I run a small MSP focused on providing IT services to small (<50 employees) businesses. I have tried many software packages over the 15 years I have been in business, and all of them suffered from the same weakness. Ease of use/learning curve. They may have had some great features, but I would never get to use them because they were lost in a sea of confusion. The interface for Atera is clean, simple, and effective. You can do everything you need to without having to dig for it. If I have to search for a feature, I am not going to remember that it is even there to use, and with Atera, it is all laid out so well that it is intuitive. You open your account, setup your clients, and away you go. Nothing else even comes close to comparing

Cons:

The only part that is clumsy in my opinion is the patching. Rather than approving patches, you exclude patches. Back when most of my users had windows 7 this was more of an issue, as I tended towards rolling out ones I knew had no issues, rather than selectively declining. The list of patches you are excluding becomes tediously long and difficult to manage, but with Windows 10, you can only put off patches so long before they are just going to be forced, so in reality patching, where it used to be a major part of our service, is now more of an afterthought.

Alternatives Considered: N-sight and NinjaOne

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Initially the pricing was what lured me in. I wasn't finding I was using the full features of Naverisk, because if I didn't use them all the time, I either forgot about them, or forgot how to use them easily. Having a fixed cost no matter how many clients I use it on was game changing for me.

Switched From: Naverisk

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Ease of use, pricing model.

Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Great startup PSA and RMM for MSPs

Comments: Great, very high uptime and excellent performance

Pros:

It has all the features and most the integrations most the competitors have at a slightly lower price. The software evolves faster than competitors so if the feature you need isn’t there it probably will be soon.

Cons:

Had to purchase the Splashtop unattended access option for $200 per year

Alternatives Considered: Kaseya VSA

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Slow performance across the board and the interface is not intuitive in Automate.

Switched From: ConnectWise ScreenConnect , ConnectWise PSA and ConnectWise Automate

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Lower initial cost and total cost of ownership

Legal Services, 51–200 Employees

Essential tools for onsite and remote IT

Comments: This is the second company I have been onsite IT for while using Atera.
- Good tools
- provides the majority of tools needed for systems monitoring and support.

Pros:

Available via browser, stays logged in until it times out. I can get to any system that the agent is installed on to assist end users and to check performance and status.

Cons:

Wish there as a documentation tool, maybe there is and I don't have access per my access as a customer of an MSP. - Wish there was a way to see disk usage in the Metrics of each system, along with the CPU and Memory usage. - wish there were more useful scrips available.

Internet, 10,000+ Employees

I am fascinated with the management of it thanks to atera

Comments: Particular experience remotely viewing the resources of the software we develop has been very good, it has complete report management, it also has the ease of controlling the software remotely and it has a good quality of compatibility with third-party documents.

Pros:

I like that through its RMM functionality, Atera allows you to monitor and manage computer systems remotely. This can be useful for keeping servers and other infrastructure resources in good working order, which is crucial for software development.

Cons:

I think that its internal antivirus is not the most beneficial and best enough to meet the requirements of what my team needs. In this sense, I think that Atera is doing its part in security, it has not issued threat alerts when we needed it.

Mark
owner in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

For a one man company it is great.

Pros:

I can do most everything I need with this software and an email account.

Cons:

The "free" remote access can be a challenge. AnyDesk sometime just doesn't work or acts weird. Splashtop wants to install printers all the time. Neither is terrible and between the two I can get the job done.

Alternatives Considered: NinjaOne and LogMeIn

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Logmein was just too expensive because of their business model. Ninja One looked good but I really didn't have the time to try it out properly and it didn't look that much better to justify making the time.

last year

Hi Mark, Thanks for taking the time to review Atera. Its great that you can do everything you need all in one place! Regarding the issues you have experienced with the remote access tools, please reach out to support to make sure everything is functioning properly. We hope you continue to enjoy Atera, and know that you can expand your business with our platform.

Avi
CEO in Canada
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

Atera RMM

Comments: Overall, my experience with Atera is over 3 years, and I would say, I can't accomplish some stuff without Atera. Atera as RMM makes very easy and convenient solution for MSP

Pros:

I like reliability and access to management console everywhere

Cons:

When install the helpdesk client , even after registration, after a day its kicks out a a session and asks for user to register again

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise ScreenConnect , TeamViewer Remote and Kaseya VSA

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Price play a lot , and capability for a software

2 years ago

Hi Avi, Thanks for the review. Great to hear that you find Atera reliable and accessible from anywhere. If you are having issues with the helpdesk or customer portal, please reach out to support so that we can fix this for you ASAP. Hope Atera continues to be as essential for you as it is now.

Greg

Atera is Essential!

Comments: Could not run my MSP business without it.

Pros:

The RMM agent with the Splashtop integration is critical. My support is predicated on it.

Cons:

Would like more and deeper integrations with other SaaS Services such as Kaseya/Unitrends and other backup programs for monitoring. As well as other SaaS programs.

Alternatives Considered: Datto RMM and LogMeIn

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Better value and functionality. More included features. Worked better

2 years ago

Hi Greg, Thanks for reviewing Atera! Its great to hear how our product is essential to your workflow. Regarding your integrations feedback, we are constantly our integrations and making them deeper. If you have specific feedback on partners, please add them to the Atera features board.

Elijah
IT Engineer in UK
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Perfect RMM for small ITSP & MSP's

Comments: Good overall experience with ease of use. Would like more custom reports or the ability to perform customer reports by being able to select certain variables whilst not being constrained by the builtin reports

Pros:

The Cost is almost unchallenged & very easy to implement. Got some good reports built in and allows easy monitoring of snmp devices & other agent installed devices.

Cons:

Limited reporting when compared to the competitor and limited network features for monitoring. SNMP Interface for adding SNMP Devices is good but sometimes can be a little confusing.

Alternatives Considered: Datto RMM , N-sight and ConnectWise Automate

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Mainly cost was the deciding factor due to it being the first RMM we wanted to introduce so couldn't justify stupid costs for something that may not end up being used.

Saad
Director in Canada
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Most options available for a small MSP

Comments: Overall we love ATERA, we use it daily to perform several tasks, monitor our client's entire networks and PC's we are then able to suggest improvements and stay on top of our client's needs.

Pros:

Atera's Pricing model that includes most services and unlimited nodes for one price. The support is also excellent

Cons:

Nothing to Dislike but Lack of Linux agent is killing us.

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise ScreenConnect and NinjaOne

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Price and ease of Use

Switched From: ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Very easy to use, implement and cost-effective for a small MSP

Joseph
Owner in US
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

Good foundation, but the ticketing and reporting needs to mature

Comments: Overall the Monitoring and Alerts work great and that's all we have fully implemented. The patch management and the remote management features do a great job. Hopefully the ticketing and reports will improve and we can start using them. For us, the parts we use are worth the price, but hopefully we can implement the other features. We haven't tested their integration with Webroot, since we had already standardized on Bitdefender. We also haven't tested their integrated backup solution since we have been using another product. We will be testing the backup to see how it performs, but cannot find any real reviews on it which has scared us away from it for now.

Pros:

The monitoring part of Atera is great. It allows a lot of customization, snmp monitoring and per-customer settings. Setting custom thresholds is easy. The dashboard gives exactly what we need to monitor all our customers systems at a glance. The ability to create a custom installer for each client saves a lot of time populating all the devices to the correct client. The per technician pricing with unlimited devices was a big pro over the competition. The patch management does a good job overall and being able to powershell into a computer to restart services and run commands without interrupting a user helps a lot.

Cons:

Reporting and ticketing definitely needs to mature. Reporting is very basic with almost no customization. You can create custom fields for devices, but there is no way to show them on any report. The ticketing is a very cumbersome process. Starting a ticket is easy, but if you try to edit one after the fact it forces you to create a new time entry email (yes email), that you must delete if you don't want to keep it. Then you can edit the original entry. Another big glitch, on the tickets there is a big description box to enter comments, but they do not show up on the time sheet/billing report or any other report. To get the technicians notes to show up for billing, you have to go back into the ticket and edit the individual time entry and type in a new description. The "comments" on the original ticket don't show up anywhere except by mousing-over the list of tickets - not on any reports. Only the separate description that you can only access by editing a ticket shows up anywhere. For us having to do so much extra manual work makes the ticketing/billing part pretty useless. It has a lot of potential, but still needs a lot of work. I'm hoping the ticketing and billing will improve, but for us the monitoring and alerting is really all we are able to make work for us right now. While the SplashTop works great, we are still using GoToAssist for remote support; since it gives a notes filed when a session ends that we can use for billing, until ticketing matures.

5 years ago

Hello, Joseph! Thank you for the long and in-depth review, we really appreciate the time and thought people like you put into helping us develop our product! Our Customer Success team will reach out to you, in order for us to better understand which features regarding reports and ticketing need improving, besides the comment implementation. Are there any specific reports that you would like to see become more granular and customizable? If so, how will it allow you to improve your services/save time on the daily tasks? In regards to having ticket comments displayed on reports, some users might find this bothersome. We do, however, understand the need for such a feature, and agree on the possibility of having it enabled or disabled. Since we are community-driven, we highly encourage you to post your suggestions on our Features Board, and once it gets enough traction from the community, it will be tackled by our amazing dev team.

Paolo
Owner/technician in Italy

Great value for money

Comments: Just one word: great. I arrive in the morning, I go in the global devices seen and I immediately have the day organized. Just seconds. Alarms are in real time nd highly configurable. Thank you.

Pros:

Simple, I love the way I can have everything at a look; RMM with small customers is critical for us. The way we can check, manage remotely machines (desktop but also scripts and commands) is all we really need. Integration is good also. And, the live chat is something great. We had Solarwinds RMM for many time. Yes, the product is more comprehensive and granular, but it's really too much for us and the cost is.... well, not sustainable.

Cons:

At a first glance the seen is more similar to a videogame than to a professional product, but it's functional enough. It's the worst aspect of this wonderful software, but also the only one not completely convincing. I think that a more functional seen option should have offered to customers.

Alternatives Considered: Kaseya VSA and Datto SIRIS

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Too expensive.

Switched From: N-sight

Reasons for Switching to Atera: More user friendly

Carlos
Network And Systems Administrator in US
Food Production, 501–1,000 Employees

I have been using atera and its been one of the greatest tool I ever used

Comments: Overall is a great experience, as a sole IT admin this tool is fantastic!, i cant even learn all its features it has so many features, one of the best things that you can have is the free webinars, and constant developing and upgrading, thats what makes a software company great!

Pros:

the fact that you are able to remote to any computer from anywhere to everywhere is excellent!, the web based interface is nice and it refreshes station information very quickly, the easiest thing to do is to install the service, you can do it in various ways, one of the easiest is by running a line of code on CMD so you dont have to download anything, its automatic!!!

Cons:

I don't like 2fA if you're in a rush and don't have access to your phone, or if you have issues with the connection, you wont be able to remote to any computer, additionally sometimes when you try to login from mobile android or ios the service doesnt work , but that rarely happens , you have to delete cache and try again

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Lack of real remote capabilities

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Pricing

2 years ago

Hey, thanks so much for this 10 out of 10 review! I am so happy to hear that you are taking full advantage of our remote connection, and that you find installing the Atera agent so easy. That's the goal, so I'm glad to hear we are succeeding with you! I understand your hesitations about 2FA and that it can take some extra time. However, Atera takes security extremely seriously, and it is for this reason that it is mandated. If you ever have any problem though, please reach out to our support team at [email protected] and they will be happy to look into those mobile login issues. I hope you continue to enjoy our services, and keep on using Atera to it's fullest potential!

IT Administrator / Creative Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Atera is the perfect IT Swiss Army Knife I need, and I use it EVERY. DAY.

Comments: Indispensable. I have recommended Atera to colleagues several times. For servers in particular, I used to log in with Microsoft Remote Desktop. Having Splashtop installed lets me use one solution for servers or laptops. Before Atera, I was using Teams to assist users with endpoint issues. The data consumption on a call like that is atrocious. with Atera, it's much more efficient.

Pros:

Number one. You pay for a SEAT for the admin, not for how many devices you manage. That is MAJOR. Next, the tools are very intuitive, the interface clean. I am Mac based, but manage over 50 Windows devices and servers from my MacBook Pro. Setup and enrollment of devices is simple and straightforward. Nearly everything I need is at my fingertips once the device reports in.

Cons:

I still need to make some adjustments to my thresholds for alerts. Way too many of them popping up for memory usage and storage use over 85%. But those alerts are there for a reason. My problem is older devices with very limited memory and storage that need to be mothballed. I have also not had time to get audio configured properly so I can converse with and end user while assisting through Splashtop. Need to look up training articles on that.

2 years ago

Hi Michael, Thanks so much for leaving such a detailed review of our platform. It is great to hear that you are using the solution every day, and like our pricing model (as much as we do!), as well as the fact that the platform itself is very intuitive and user friendly. I understand that getting too many alerts can be frustrating, and if you need help setting these up, I invite you to check out our KB article: https://support.atera.com/hc/en-us/articles/217632337-Create-or-Edit-an-Alert-Threshold-Profile If there are any other issues that you need help with, please reach out to our 24/7 support who are more than happy to help. Overall, calling Atera "indispensable," is very much appreciated. May you continue to find the platform as efficient for your business needs moving forward!

Steven

Atera, the one stop, low cost, go to, for all your IT Managed Services needs

Comments: When we started our IT Managed Services business, we had gone with another vendor for PSA, RMM, and Remote Support. After spending thousands of dollars and wasting untold hours doing configurations, we thought that there had to be a better way. That is when we found Atera! I only wish we would have found Atera sooner because we would have saved so much time and money. It is clear that Atera was built from the ground up, by people who understand what it's like to run an MSP. We setup the free trial, then had Atera up and running in literal MINUTES. Seriously, in minutes we had the entire thing configured, with our branding and email and automated ticketing responses. Also, the fact that you are not charged for every agent has been such a blessing to our clients because that means that, we are able to put agents onto systems that we otherwise would not have. So, even system that only get break fix support, can now have an agent on them, which allows us to remotely troubleshoot them. This fact alone saves tons of money and time!
Bottom line, if you are a new MSP or even a seasoned provider, you will get a tremendous value from choosing or switching to Atera. One last thing I will say. Since Atera recently moved the entire platform over a Microsoft Azure infrastructure, they have been pushes out updates and improvements a breakneck pace!

Pros:

Low cost of entry and low monthly cost No cost for per agent VERY easy setup VERY easy to use

Cons:

Not as feature rich as some of the pricier competitors, but since moving to Microsoft Azure, they have been adding new features left and right!

5 years ago

Thanks so much Steven! We truly appreciate your great feedback and are happy to say that we are continuing to make daily updates to make your experience even better!

KIRAN
SE in US
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Best automation and RDP to connect

Comments: Happy to work remotely to jump on any OS machine.

Pros:

Best in remote access to connect any time and this is very easy for IT admin to jump on. Always BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT to take owner ship.

Cons:

1. More integration and need more Knowledge base documents

Alternatives Considered: Zoom Events and Webinars