• Overall
    4,8 /5
    4,2 /5
    4,8 /5

About Craftybase

Cloud based solution for the management of raw materials and product inventory. Features include revenue tracking and invoicing.

Learn more about Craftybase

Kathryn H.
Owner (Sole Proprietor)
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"Affordable inventory management for makers"

Comments: I wish I had Craftybase when I started making in 2011 because it's daunting trying to start from scratch with so many products that contain components I make as well as common materials. Adding new components with new products would be more manageable. All my items include components I manufacture myself (laser cutting. painting) so having to enter "recipes" for all components individually is tedious. For example, I can copy a recipe for an ornament (three different components, ribbon, tag) but when I create components, I can't copy the recipe from a similar component (cardboard shape, primer paint, color paint, topcoat) and this gets really slow with all the colors I have. Recently a new client ordered $800 of obsolete items I hadn't entered into Craftybase. It took 10 hours to enter component recipes for 2 products x 4 colorways, some of which had common components and many had common materials. I assumed I'd be able to generate a pick list to total the common components & materials. Nope! Back to the spreadsheet to group common components... but I didn't try to automate the paint required, so I wasted a lot of time going to the hardware store for more primer. Probably not making minimum wage on this order.

Pros: Designed for solo crafters or small businesses
Affordable pricing
Accommodates both raw materials and components I manufacture (many small business products are for retailers who buy and resell finished goods)

Cons: Does not permit copying recipes for components, just final products
Does not generate pick lists to manufacture orders
Must set up for either creating batches for inventory or creating products for specific orders, and I have different product lines that fit one model or the other but can't justify dual subscriptions to set them up as separate businesses
Not integrated with Xero for accounting

Shelly H.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"Lifesaving (and marriage saving)!"

Comments: They are responsive, fix problems when they arise, they are excellent at walking you through what it is you need to do to achieve your task. It's been a life saver for me since I still have a day job and takes some of the nitty gritty record keeping off my hands through automations.

Pros: It's online and supports multiple sales channels. It pulls items out of my inventory and has been a life/marriage saver at tax time (I'm a sole proprietorship) and it's ease of use for tallying annual reports is fabulous. I do handcrafts so QuickBooks really is not designed for this industry.

Cons: The tech support is great and they work really quickly to get back to you in short time. In an ideal world, it would be 24/7, but their response time is great.

Tammie B.
creator
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"mostly good, but needs features."

Comments: i am sort of solving inventory issues, but there could certainly be a lot more automated features to take a lot of time off the process. if it could automatically update inventory in e-commerce systems and if it could send automatic emails to me when a product gets low, that would be hugely beneficial.

Pros: I like that it helps you price your goods including labor costs. it is pretty easy to use if you know the terminology of inventory. i also really like that it allows for consignment which a lot of other software does not. it allows for manual entry of orders which many other software programs do not.

Cons: i don't like that it doesn't update shopify or other ecommerce sites. so i have to update inventory in craftybase and then also go into shopify and update inventory there as well. you can set low inventory alerts, but it doesn't notify you, so you have to manually go in and check periodically to see which products are running low. seems to defeat the purpose of an alert. it also doesn't sync with bookkeeping systems or shipping systems.

Mary B.
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"Perfect for small craft business owners!"

Comments: Craftybase is essential to helping me run my Handmade Etsy-based small business in addition to my 9-5 job, and everyday duties of 'homeowner', 'wife' and 'mom'. It is a great tool to streamline major business functions.

Pros: I can enter all my materials (in my case: various beads, wire, packaging materials, etc) and even set "recipes" for popular items so that when someone purchases an item, I can "Manufacture" it in the software and my materials are automatically deducted according to the recipe I set. I then get warnings anytime a specific material runs low. It's literally hands-off inventory management!

Cons: It's a LOT of data to input in the beginning. The time invested up front is well worth it though!

Ricquel S.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"Excellent Way to Keep Up with COGS, Inventory and Profit Margins"

Comments: I love this program and recommend it frequently! I don't know of any other programs that let you keep track of inventory the way a crafter needs to, especially if you make some of your own components for the items you sell. It's amazing!

Pros: I love that you can set up everything to auto-manufacture so you don't have to go in and manually do it after every sale. It's pretty much on auto-pilot which saves a TON of time. It's also great that if you have two Etsy shops that still only counts as one Sales Channel.

Cons: I wish it didn't automatically import everything on the next import after you sign up. It would have been very helpful to just be able to import a little bit at a time to make sure everything is set up and functioning properly. There is a pretty big learning curve, but only because it is dealing with SO MUCH information. Auto manufacture is amazing, but a lot of us don't keep everything we need on hand. If I have to order something and don't have it when the auto manufacture happens, everything is calculated incorrectly. If we could set the auto-manufacture to happen x days after the sale (or x days before it ships), it would help a ton, and I wouldn't have to go back in and manually change everything. Also on the auto-manufacturing, say I run out of product stickers. And I manufacture 100 items before I buy more. It's just a small thing, so I just don't include the stickers in those 100 orders. But when I do buy more stickers, the 100 items I already made (but didn't include stickers) still count against my total. It screws up everything and I have to manually go back and change the manufacture for each sale. It would be nice if we could set it up somehow so if we're out of something, and we still manufacture the item, it doesn't count against the inventory of that item since it wasn't used. I know that sounds like a lot of stuff, but it's really just little things here and there. The program is amazing and really does a ton of work for you.

Vy N.
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/27

"Essential Software for Crafting and Inventory Management"

Comments: Craftybase has been vital for transforming my hobby to a business. I would recommend it for anyone who would like to get a better overview of their inventory and sales (and have already referred several of my friends). It can require a bit of manual input/workaround at times to get it to work the way you want, and I hope they'll keep adding functionalities in the future.

Pros: Craftybase covers all needs I have as a small business owner / craftsperson. It enables lets you track recipes, manufactures, inventory, sales and costs, which is crucial if you're going to run a craft business of any kind. It has a great selection of reports that you can pull - from expenses (for tax purposes), to material overview, to category sales and many more. It's a decent price for what you're getting and I have not found any other software with the same user friendly interface and functionalities. Support is very responsive and usually gets back to you within 24 hours.

Cons: Some minor annoyances, such as no easy option to add bulk expenses (such as 10x postage fees for 10 different orders), edit imported orders, or handle bundles. It means putting in a bit more manual effort, but I'm hoping these are things that will be added over time. I also wish they would keep backup data for longer - I went maybe half a year without renewing my membership, and had to re-enter all the data again when I decided to renew.

Kristin S.
milliner
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/28

"So powerful! It's worth the money."

Comments: Helps me organize my hundreds and hundreds of styles/types/colors of materials. Integrates nicely with multiple sales platforms.

Pros: The power in this is amazing! I can search through all my materials by color or fiber content or size or date purchased, etc. It's a lifesaver for me to be able to see my materials with photos and all the data I need. The recipes/manufactures and the way it calculates COGS is super powerful. I can start typing the name of the material and enter the amount — and it calculates the actual cost of materials used based on date of manufacture. Very helpful for makers who have some supply left of an old lower price and new supply purchased at a higher price. Craftybase will average the cost to figure out what your current COGS is.

Cons: Being a cloud software, it requires a subscription, which is a bit pricey. And there have been periods of downtime (though they communicate well about outages in the Facebook group). It takes a while to set everything up, and there is a bit of a learning curve.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/28
Laura D.
Teacher
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

"Awesome Software"

Comments: The customer service has been exceptional from the very start of this service and has not waned as they have gotten bigger. They always email me back within a few days if not the next day with a great answer that solves my issue or they tell me when my issue will be solved or put me on an email list for updates about the feature I request.

Pros: I like being the robustness of the reports craftybase offers. I like how it helps me to track my inventory in a detailed way. I like how it helps me figure out the cost of my item and helps me to automatically figure out the least amount I should charge for it on each channel. It integrates with my accounts on amazon and shopify, which makes inventory a breeze.

Cons: I don't love paying every month. Also, recently, I had to do some projections for how much of something to buy. I'd like it to have a feature that would look at my average usage of something over the last year, per month, and how much was currently in stock to tell me how much I should by.

Stefanie F.
Jewelry Designer
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"CraftyBase fills the niche of inventory software for craft businesses"

Comments: After entering in my materials used, I can link them to my finished products so that I know exactly what inventory I have on hand and which products I can make at any time. Craftybase also automatically imports orders from various sources, which are mapped to my products. So, when it's time to fulfill orders I can see which products I need to make based on my orders, exactly the materials needed, and can easily track my production, which decreases my material count in real time. So my material inventory is always precisely up-to-date, and I can order supplies when I need them. It helps to keep me super organized with minimal effort to make sure my business runs smoothly.

Pros: It's absolutely perfect for my needs of running a small jewelry business. It keeps track of my supply inventory and how each material relates to finished products, to customer sales and production of those finished products. It's cloud based, which means I can check my orders and inventory from anywhere, and each section is intuitively linked to other sections, making it the only software I need to fully track my inventory and orders.

Cons: Nothing, honestly. It does everything I wanted it to, and intuitively.

Lesli S.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/27

"Good, and hoping it will become great"

Comments: Overall, I like it, and I appreciate that they keep adding features. The inventory system is really necessary for someone like me, and there are very few programs at this price point that will do it.

Pros: The software does the thing a small manufacturer like me needs most: keeps an inventory of supplies, manufactures, etc. It does it well, for the most part. It also handles multiple sales channels well, and gives me a good idea of costs.

Cons: The difficulty comes when you, say, want to sell off some of your inventory, or make a gift basket from your manufactured goods, or sometimes sell a pack of two instead of one. The software does not handle that well at all. It also isn't a full-fledged bookeeping program (you can't issue a credit, for instance). I'm not sure it needs to be, but it is a caveat.

Michelle D.
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"It's what every artisan needs"

Comments: Once I understood that it takes time and effort to start using (and then keep using) Craftybase, it became much easier to run my business. I actually let Craftybase run ME. The customer service is top-notch (although I do wish they didn't run on UK time) and I'd be lost without it.

Pros: I love this software because the developers understand how a small manufacturing business works. They don't load you down with confusing features - just what you need when you need it. It has helped me get completely organized with raw materials, track all production, determine pricing and just basically keep everything straight. If you're a maker and you're not using it, you need to be.

Cons: I sometimes feel the software tries to be all things to all people. I really don't see why the accounting aspects are necessary and feel they are sometimes lacking.

Chelsea D.
Owner/Founder
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"Couldn't work without it."

Pros: Craftybase is really easy to use and integrates with Shopify. Their accounting program makes tax time really easy. I love that I can manage all of my material and manufacturing costs as well as sales in one platform. I really spend so much time looking at where my business is financially in craftybase that I don't know what I would do without it. I'd highly recommend the program.

Cons: Sometimes they'll run updates without giving much notice so it'll take a bit of getting used to but is never too difficult.

Mystique F.
formulator
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"I don't know what I'd do with out Craftybase"

Pros: Great functionality! It has everything I need to run my handcrafted skincare business. I can sync my eCommerce channels with my inventory and keep track of raw materials and packaging materials, whole loaves of soap (product components) down to individual bars(products). Craftybase also gives me monthly reports for local sales tax purposes. Thank you for making my life easier!

Cons: It takes a little getting used to, but once you have everything set up it runs smoothly. Searching the help section is easy and you can always reach out and ask for help.

Natalie M.
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"Craftybase has saved me thousands of $$ in time"

Comments: As a one woman show, Craftybase has saved me thousands of dollars in time not spent inventory tracking and bookkeeping. Well worth the monthly fee. All my inventory issues are managed and I know it will be accurate for tax time.

Pros: Craftybase integrates almost seamlessly with both Etsy and Shopify. Every time I have had a question or issue, custom service is super helpful and quick. I’ve been using the software for over 5 years, and over that time the developers have listened to community feedback and greatly increased the efficiency and functionality of the software. Once you understand the terminology, you can manipulate the software to benefit your business needs.

Cons: Could use more bulk edit functionality, and the ability to back edit where a change in a material is automatically reflect in all product recipes and all previous manufactures.

Lindsey-star D.
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/27

"Great overall database and expenses"

Comments: Keeping track of COGs and expenses.

Pros: For a handmade business, it is great to keep track of materials, recipes, components.

Cons: The storefront integration isn’t quite what I would prefer. If it was a true all in one solution that would be really helpful.
It was well worth it at the promotional price but iffy at regular price.

Christa H.
Consumer Goods, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/27

"Craftybase saved my sanity and inevitably my business!"

Comments: I was swimming in receipts, spreadsheets, and access databases before switching to Craftybase.
Now I feel like my ducks are in a line and I know which direction my business is headed in.

Pros: I like that I have live time inventory data. I load in new items, can run reports on hand qtys. And see how many orders are pending for what.

Cons: I think it could be designed with a little more click and play.

Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/27

"A must have for handmade business"

Comments: If you have a business that is already operational, it may take time to get up and running in the software. But Craftybase is by far the best solution for managing my inventory.

Pros: My absolute favorite thing about the software is the ease of tracking inventory levels. Not only finished products but also supplies.

Cons: It's not possible to change a classification/category once you create it. Inventoriable vs non-inventoriable or one product type vs another

Rebecca H.
Alternative Medicine, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"Craftybase has changed the way we do business."

Comments: The Craftybase team is always so helpful and quick to respond. They even turned one of my suggestions into a feature and then made sure to tell me so I could use it! I really think you get a lot of value with Craftybase.

Pros: We manufacture bath and body care products and have increased our private label customer base which means there are more things to track. Craftybase keeps us on track with inventory, material inventory, orders and expenses. They are always trying to improve the software and add suggested options.

Cons: There isn't really anything I like least, but I do wish that the sales channel's variations would match up with the variations I create in Craftybase so I don't have to manually adjust every order to reflect the size.

Emily F.
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"Exactly what I need for my candle biz!"

Comments: Love this software!

Pros: I love how it keeps track of costs for every material and tracks material batches.

Cons: I wish it had more options for keeping track of extra things on orders like gift boxes or add ons. I would also like to see a bundling option for products after orders are placed.

Nicole B.
Co-Owner
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/10

"Solves Problems and Answers Questions, I didn't know I had"

Comments: I am thankful for this program and its ability to help organize our business and the many ingredients and products with multiple online sales outlets. It also helps to see where your time and money go, especially in ways you may not have realized.

Pros: Unique format that provides solutions to small business owners who are trying to expand their company.
Provides a place and format for information that is confusing and complicated to organize.

Cons: Some things are stuck the way they are and dont apply to what Im doing or if things change in the way we create products it is hard to apply the changes.
Syncing products from multiple sales channels instead of them showing as unique products over and over again can be frustrating.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/10
Kristina B.
Alchemistress/Owner
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"Craftybase makes everything easier!"

Comments: I love creating, not accounting or bookkeeping. Craftybase makes the least fun parts of my work so much easier!

Pros: I love how Craftybase helps me to track inventory and allows me to set reorder triggers when I approach minimums for stock on hand. It's easy to track manufactures, identify ingredient batches, set pricing for different customer categories, and price/create new, bespoke products using ingredients in the system.

Cons: Since I leverage less popular outside software, I sometimes have to wait a little longer for integrations that are relevant to me--but there hasn't been anything I've pined for that didn't show up as an option as they continually expand their offerings.

Julie K.
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/26

"Great way to calculate prices and understand your"

Comments: There was about a six week learning curve understand the software. However, I believe it’s because the software has so many options for you. Customer service has been awesome and now I depend on it completely.

Pros: Calculating your cost of goods and time spent to make your products. Let you figure out where is the best defend your time. Also allows you to calculate prices for multiple platforms

Cons: System doesn’t calculate cost of goods on product that was built prior to starting the software. I understand the reason, however, it makes the first year a little difficult to easily get your taxes together.

by Craftybase on 2019/08/27

Thanks for the great review Julie! You'll be pleased to hear that it is possible to calculate COGS on products that were manufactured before you began tracking with Craftybase - you can do this by setting a Starting Adjustment for the product, or you can alternatively backdate your stock changes as far back as you wish to include your past manufactures. Feel free to get in touch with us at support if you need a hand with this part of Craftybase and we'll be very happy to help!

Elise F.
Business owner
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/08

"Life saving platform"

Comments: Overall I'm extremely happy with this platform, makes keeping track of orders and products so easy

Pros: Best way I've found to keep track of inventory, orders and products I have for sale. Using multiple websites to sell is definitely easier with this program

Cons: Have had a few issues that I've needed help with and contacted customer support, good response time but sometimes quicker would be nice

• Reviewed on 2019/12/08