• Overall
    3,8 /5
    3,9 /5

About Bindo POS

Cloud-based iPad point-of-sale with an integrated web and mobile storefront enabling online shopping for the end consumer.

Learn more about Bindo POS

Assistant Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/03

"it's been a learning process, but they've been great with adding features and fixing issues."

Comments: moving all of our systems to an iPad. better for when the store is busy and we need multiple users signed in.

Pros: the customer support for any issues is great. if there is an idea that we have, they are great at making it happen.

Cons: certain things take a work around making the overall process take longer than it should. it seems like in the long run we will work those things out.

Matthew Z.
Bar Manager
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/15

"Do not get in business with Bindo"

Comments: It's Bad. I would not recommend getting into business with this company, especially not after covid. Unfortunately we have so much switching inventory that it would be impossible to make an easy switch to another POS system. Honestly if I could switch easily, I would. The customer service through Covid has been SO BAD. I have called 5 times in the last 3 weeks with various issues and have not had a single response. Their service button on the app has not worked since COVID started. Even before COVID, the customer service was really, really bad.

Pros: Bindo, when it works is very easy to use. They have really improved the interface and any prominent issue probably has a work-around.

Cons: Where to start? Bindo's customer service is quite possibly the worst I have ever experienced in the tech industry. Since Covid started they have not answered their customer service line when I called. Not a single time. I have constant issues is different aspects of the app and they are not willing to even contact me back. On top of that, the question mark button that leads to customer service has said "Something went wrong" for 5 months now. I have gotten responses from their team like "You are not a big enough account for us to help" or when asking about bad reviews: "Haters gonna Hate" We have used Bindo for over 5 years and it has kept terrible track of our inventory. The quantities are all over the place, things that were sold 4 years ago show up as in stock, things that came in this week are listed as negative numbers. There is a big issue with credit card processing. Recently, at least once a day the software crashes while processing a credit card and it charges the card but reports in the POS app as unpaid. I also have tons of issues where transactions come up as partial payments for no reason at all. We have experienced the app crashing from so many little things. Whether its deleting a number when manually entering a credit card, charging our menu setup, just swiping a card, Bindo crashes all the time. Luckily they updated the software to save open tabs but before that was implemented we would lose 15-30 tabs every time Bindo crashed.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/15
Jonathan H.
Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/26

"Somewhat large learning curve but once you get it, it is worth it"

Comments: Streamlined POS for easy training and use

Pros: Easily useable, and stream lines very well. Using the tabs to create quick menus and being able to move between them very quickly and setting up pictures for training.

Cons: Large Learning curve, Just knowing how to use everything, but the customer service is great at getting back to you quickly

Jayne F.
Government Administration, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/17

"Customer service is always helpful, easy to navigate and many functions are very useful."

Pros: I like the invoice/quote feature the best. We often set up bills for local agencys-emailing the quote/invoice is very helpful.

Cons: The invoice feature. Sometimes its difficult to edit pricing, fulfillment, and quote conversion. In addition to not being able to read the quote/invoice in email because the text is too small.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/17
Staff RN
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/24

"So Easy to Get Paid!"

Comments: I wanted to accept credit cards but was afraid about getting all the equipment and not being able to monitor everything. Bindo (along with Quickbooks) resolved all the fears and now I can get paid easily without looking suspicious or inefficient.

Pros: Biased because I have an iPad and this works very well with it, but.... I got a scanner, a drawer, a CC reader, a printer for receipts, and this plays well with my Quickbooks! There's even free customer support and can do other mobile pay and online payments!

Cons: I haven't found it yet, at least the software, I wasn't a fan of the included iPad stand- but not everything can be perfect.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/24
Lizze G.
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/30

"in general, it is easy to use and works for the most part."

Pros: Inventory management and being able to access information. We can store our clients information in the system, put credit cards on file for ease of shopping. Being able to look up products and have all the information needed at a glance is helpful.

Cons: Multiple payment situations are a nightmare. You often have to figure Utility what payment type to put in first (order of operations situation) for the split tender to work. It's extrmemly time consuming and the customers feel like it's their fault when we can't proccess their preferred payment. We don't want our customers thinking their card is being declined when it's not or feel like they are unable to use, sometimes multiple, gift cards, store credits, etc.
there are also glitches that don't get resolved in a timely fashion. I can not use the trigger point feature to generate reorders. Instead of adding only the items set with a trigger point, the system puts EVERYTHING from the company into a purchase order. This has been reported and unresolved.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/30
Jeff S.
Apparel & Fashion
  • Reviewed on 2014/12/12

"Bindo is the winner for us!"

Pros: It is very easy to use, it looks great, and it works. Bindo does everything we need it to do, simply and efficiently. It looks great, and makes sales super fast and easy, as well as having all the reporting info we need.

Cons: Well, I'd like Apple to hurry up and approve the new Bindo update for iOS8 so that a couple of the glitches in the system can be corrected, but these are so minor. I really don't have anything to complain about.

• Reviewed on 2014/12/12
Joseph K.
Welcome Center Coordinator
Environmental Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/16

"Terrible for what we used it for"

Comments: I hate using this system and have only hated it more as time has gone by

Pros: For simply tracking the number of people that came through our admission side, this system worked fine

Cons: Too many cons to list:
1) Terrible Customer service- can take days or weeks for them to respond to inquiries
2) System was a mess to use and would have so many problems operating in many different ways
3) Random updates with huge changes to functionality that were unexplained beforehand

• Reviewed on 2019/08/16
Thomas G.
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/03

"Lots of great features but customer service is lacking."

Pros: Inventory tracking is fantastic. You simply scan an item and if it's in the cloud, the information pulls automatically

Cons: Constant issues with cards, not processing. Even though I did be connected and my iPad would be online, it would not connect and run cards multiple times throughout the day.

Bree E.
Snow manager
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/10

"Bindo POS review"

Comments: Bindo is very easy to use and talks between our in store and online network.

Pros: Easy to use and train other employees. Makes it easy for us to use with our online store.

Cons: It has alot of hick ups. Between printers not connecting even though they say connected to the system crashing

• Reviewed on 2018/09/10
Kelley B.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees

"Promising"

Comments: We have used this system for just over a year now. We find it to be easy to navigate and generally runs fairly smooth as a pos system. We do find lots of bugs between inventory and the register and the accounting reports are often hard to match up. By that, I mean it is difficult to tell what data is used for a given number and those numbers rarely seem to match with other accounting reports within the same system. A few outages, but nothing too major on that front. The loyalty points feature is nice and having a customer facing display is a big plus for our business.

Pros: Customer Facing Display, Loyalty Options

Cons: Reporting features

Corinn B.
Program Support Assistant
Recreational Facilities & Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/26

"A lot of issues with the dashboard and updates."

Comments: It works better than our last system did, but I don't feel like we got any particular benefits.

Pros: Payment options are smooth and process well. Bulk uploads are nice. The register can be set up well.

Cons: There is very little customization, the online dashboard does not work well, reports are not as customizable as I would like.

Christina M.
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/11

"bindo Review"

Comments: we need more support I think that since we got the new system its been a headache to talk to someone

Pros: when it works its great it does not freeze and the Ipad are nice to have to walk around with and do my menus

Cons: to may down times some times it just freeze during the middle of lunch sometimes drives us crazy need a better

• Reviewed on 2017/05/11
William B.
Retreat Coordinator
Recreational Facilities & Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/26

"Generally good. There have been periodic frustrations"

Pros: The user interface is slick and easy to use. I appreciate the ease with which I can run credit card transactions.

Cons: The periodic changes that occur without notification are frustrating. Consistency is ideal for the business that we have here.

Douglas C.
Senior Director, Finance & Admin.
Museums & Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/24

"Great product for our small store"

Comments: The Bindo POS program and system has been a great find for our store. It allows us to do many things that weren't possible with standard cash registers or would have cost too much with many other POS systems or software. On top of that, the customer service has always been top-notch, with quick replies to any questions we might have.

Pros: Ease of use, options for product creation, and many options for pricing, discounts, and other options needed for ease of use by the register workers.

Cons: Loss of some function when WiFi goes down.

Danielle D.
Store manager
Furniture, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/07

"Bindo is very efficient."

Comments: Bindo offers an easy way to ring up merchandise and keep track of inventory.

Pros: Ease of use . Find and touch. This system is really good.

Cons: Some of the time it does not accept and store stock changes

Andrew H.
Student
Sports, 201-500 Employees

"Great"

Comments: I do not really know what this software is but they said they’d send me a gift card if I wrote a review

Pros: I do not really know what this software is but they said they’d send me a gift card if I wrote a review

Cons: I do not really know what this software is but they said they’d send me a gift card if I wrote a review

Chris C.
Clerk
Retail, 11-50 Employees

"Bindo Review"

Pros: Bindo is easy to work with once its set up. Loads of options.

Cons: Sometimes too many options can be overwhelming to a novice user.

Alissa M.
Apparel & Fashion
  • Reviewed on 2014/04/11

"It's not just an iPad-based POS, but it gets a lot more done!"

Pros: I like the different approach that they're taking to put a bunch of features needed to manage my store on a single iPad. I particularly like the inventory management and product onboarding. All I have to do is scan the barcode, and the product details (along with an image) gets uploaded to the cloud.

Cons: There's nothing not to like about Bindo. I'm really satisfied with my decision!

• Reviewed on 2014/04/11
Kimberly P.
Cashier/Clerk
Consumer Goods, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/26

"Very user friendly & easy to use. Still learning all its capabilities."

Comments: Easier to use, which frees up time for other things.

Pros: Easy to use & very user friendly. Inventory will be a breeze once all the products we carry are entered into the system. Looking forward to learning all its functions.

Cons: Haven't discovered anything I don't like. I'm sure there will be some minor hiccups, but I feel this software is a much needed improvement for our company.

Harvinder P.
manager
Wine & Spirits, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/24

"Good pos system but needs better vision"

Comments: This is a good product for basic users retail users. They are consistently updating the software. but the original promise is yet to be realized. They are not emv certified as of date. The marketplace is not in place. Reporting needs to get better and give user more options.

Pros: Easy to use. not extra fees for add-ons. works with multiple merchants (used to)

Cons: Still no emv, reporting needs to get better,

Migdalia T.
Bartender
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees

"Go with Bindo"

Comments: With this POS system you have more security on who sees what on your profile. Love it.

Pros: Easy access and the security features. You can maneuver thru the system so smoothly. Love this POS. Bindo works!!

Cons: The beginning as always with something new is hard to adapt to. But once I was shown how there was no stopping me.

Melisa S.
Store Manager
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/04

"I have only been using Bindo for a few short months, but its ease of use in phenomenal."

Comments: Ease of reporting

Pros: It is Very Easy to Use! It is User friendly! It is Self Explanatory. It offers easy customization.

Cons: It is a little slower than I would like but does a great job. It does not have an easy way to apply some customization but we have found a way around that and love the overall program.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/04
Dominique T.
Wine & Spirits
  • Reviewed on 2014/06/10

"Bindo is fun and easy to use!"

Pros: The interface is very simple and easy to navigate. Most of my transactions take 15-20 seconds. It's great when I need to search the inventory, because everything is on the same screen as the transaction, so there's no need to switch back and forth.

Cons: Sometimes, the transaction will freeze in the middle of a sale, which makes it awkward between the customer and me.

• Reviewed on 2014/06/10