• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,4 /5
    4,4 /5

About Squarespace

Squarespace is the all-in-one platform to build a beautiful website, online store, or portfolio.

Learn more about Squarespace

Showing 2 032 reviews

Anne G.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/11

"Easy and Elegant"

Comments: I love SquareSpace. I would really need to be wowed to switch to another company. This has everything I want (not just need) to create a great first impression

Pros: I love how simple it is to create the aesthetic I want to share with the public. The customer support team was so helpful whenever I met a snag in implementation. That hardly ever happened though, because it is so straightforward to create my own website with gorgeous content thanks to SquareSpace and their templates

Cons: There have been a few times where links have broken on my website and it has been challenging to get them reinstated.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/11
Kelly L.
Artist
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/11

"Online Shop and Portfolio"

Comments: Very good. I would recommend it to others looking to build a website.

Pros: I use this as a host for my website and for an online illustration portfolio and shop. It is a little pricey all upfront, but if I break down the business plan per month, its $18 a month, which I make back in my store, so I always break even/make money. I like that there are templates that you dont have to know any coding for and they are pretty intuative. Same with the store. I've used this for atleast 5 years now and don't plan to change.

Cons: I've been waiting for them to take away the need to enter a physical address when people buy a free digital download from my store, and I contacted customer service and they were kinda dumb and didn't really help me with my issue, but that's been the only issue I've had in years.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/11
Ethan M.
Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/15

"Got me started with certain industries but was never a preferred means"

Comments: I have used this platform to sell and promote a festival that I assisted in curating. I do branding and artistic direction and squarespace made it quite easy to inject my own images in a manner that made a beautiful website while retaining thousands of dollars worth of sales yearly.

Pros: Popular platform with ease of use so high it makes it quite simple for people to manage a website in general and has assisted many in the build process of websites that have served me and my colleagues for years at a time. Simplistic building features with a solid framework allows for clean construction and sleek looks in a manner that allows those that do not know extensive amounts of code to design.

Cons: Not as many features or plugin support as Wordpress and is not open source. Templates in some respect are generic and design elements may be bland in some respects if not customized appropriately

• Reviewed on 2020/12/15
Entrepreneur
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/15

"A beautiful website, tailored to you"

Comments: I have a beautiful, functional website to direct clients to. It has a blog, a shop where they can purchase items and much more. The site allows me to capture visitor information, make sales and create first interactions with me and my services. It allows me to have a "home base" from which I launch all of my projects and ideas. I have had Squarespace for several years now and never plan to change--it's really that good! I have experimented with other providers but never found anything so well crafted and easy to use.

Pros: Squarespace allows you to select a plan that fits your needs. You can choose plans with unlimited pages, commerce options and much more. I love that it's made to be user friendly and there is no coding required (you can code as an advanced option but it's really not at all needed since they offer you everything). You can add all kinds of features to webpages, like forms, surveys, images and much more just by adding elements they call "blocks". This makes it very easy to customize the website to look, feel and operate just like you would like. If you previously couldn't realize your website dreams due to a lack of technical know-how, you can use Squarespace to design like a pro.

Cons: Sometimes it can be slightly unintuitive as to where to find something, so it takes me a few extra minutes to find out where I can tweak a specific setting. Customer support is excellent and fast to respond but only by email or chat, not by phone. You do have to upgrade to a higher plan for some features, like abandoned cart recovery at checkout, for example; however, for the value they offer, I think all the upgrades are worth the cost.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/15
Jane R.
Owner and Big Kahuna
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/13

"Great design, great features, great support"

Comments: I was first introduced to Squarespace when I hired someone to design the website for my business, and he showed me how to make changes myself. From there I started to play with it and ended up creating simple websites for several clients, many of whom were then able to take over their own upkeep and maintenance. And in the three years I've been working with Squarespace sites, the features and support have only improved. I also love that they're very attuned to what's trending in graphic design, so their templates never look dated.

Pros: The aesthetic. Squarespace's design templates are fresh, current, and appealing to begin with, which provides a lot of options for customization.

Cons: It's not the most intuitive interface ever, but that said, they provide outstanding how-to articles and videos and infinitely patient customer support, so it's not hard to figure out how to do what you want to do, even if you have no coding experience.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/13
Kinsey V.
Photographer
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/11

"Web Design, but make it fun."

Comments: I first started using Squarespace under another Photographer, whom I was managing their studio and day to day "to-do's". I took over her website maintenance and blog, to which was surprisingly easy to navigate. I loved how I was able to read analytics and see what content was working and what was not. The sleek layouts made a few easy clicks look like I spent 4 years in web design. So it was really a no brainer when I decided to start my own business; I knew I would be showing my work to the world through Squarespace. There is just something about the designs of these Squarespace websites that look stunningly polished and exceptionally functional.

Pros: As a former user of Wordpress, I found Squarespace to be a breath of fresh air. I've be using it since 2014 and have never looked back. It actually made designing my website and grabbing analytics fun! When navigating the software, it felt like I had been here before. It was so easy to find the tools and customize the fonts and sizing to my preferences. Adding pictures in where I need them is easy and the layouts they offer display my work in such a beautiful fashion that even I'm blown away. All in all, I love this software because it offers so many different themes and customizations without being confusing. It's actually fun and I love that a blog is included with my site. It's like a whole other site to customize and tweak to your taste. I was never a blogger before but now I don't have a choice, Squarespace makes it too easy to make excuses now.

Cons: There are very few things that come to mind when talking about disliking this software. I do wish there was a larger library of fonts readily available for each area of customization, across all themes.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/11
Patrice P.
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/25

"Be Fancy....AND Simple....Live Your Website Dreams!"

Comments: Overall, Squarespace gets the job done and looks good doing it! I do hope that there's continued improvement in the area that I mentioned above, but overall, I've been happy with Squarespace.

Pros: What drew me to Squarespace initially were the aesthetics. The style and choice of their templates were a cut above what I had seen on Wordpress or WIX - of which I did try using both platforms at one point in time. I also LOVE how user friendly Squarespace is! Even if you're not super techie, it feels very intuitive and dare I say...fun to use...

Cons: One of my biggest cons lies within the "blogging" aspect of Squarespace. There are a great deal of limitations in formatting, especially if you don't know how to code. When creating a draft of a blog, Squarespace does not *automatically save anything as you go....so I cringe at the times that I've lost an entire blog post because something froze --- the remedy I was told was to simply type out a blog post in another application (Word, etc.) and then post it in the blog section. But I often find myself editing a draft in Squarespace -- making final corrections.....so I have to be veryyy careful to only edit in my "Word" document and not make any changes once I put it into Squarespace or it has the potential of being lost....

• Reviewed on 2019/09/25
Laura P.
Photographer
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/18

"Great website usage, and overall easeability for someone who doesn't know how to code"

Comments: Overall, I will be a lifetime user of Squarespace. It has catapulted my wedding photography business into the next level, allowed me to optimize my site with unique keywords and SEO search terms that put it at the top of the Google search for wedding photographers in my area, and the analytics section of the site is really helpful to see where my traffic is coming from on my site and how I can drive more traffic to my site. Again, as someone who knows hardly anything about SEO, it has made me an SEO wizard and has revolutionized my wedding photography business!

Pros: I love the fact that there are so many templates that you can choose from to make your website exactly the way that you want it to. I also love the fact that the templates are so easy to use, especially for someone like me who doesn't like or really know how to code!

Cons: What I dislike is that there are certain templates that do not allow you to customize as easily, or at all, as some of the other templates. I found that I have to really search how to change things within each template and then decide from there if it is a template that I want to use. It was trial and error to discover that not all templates have fully customizable features and I wish that they all were fully customizable to make it even easier to use.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/18
Joshua D.
Office Administrator
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/29

"Squarespace gives you web-designer results even if you don't happen to be one."

Comments: Overall, I love this product. Everything just works, all the time. No patches, no updates. Easy, easy, easy. And when I made the switch, the actual initial setup of the site took less than a day. Granted the copy was all mostly written, and I was largely just copying and pasting. But still--the whole website was user-ready in a day.

Pros: Squarespace gives a fantastic user experience at every step of the process. Setup is a snap, site design and layout are easy, with a click-and-drag graphical menu system that makes it easy to visualize the overall structure of the site. Page design is super easy, with drag and drop modules that provide a wide range of functionalities. And there is an integrated store and payment system powered by Stripe. I also love the code block module -- this has been super helpful in beginning to integrate our directory functionality into the website. If you know some HTML, this can be a big plus in adding features. The responsiveness is nearly flawless and (almost always) looks exactly the way I want it to, no matter what device I'm using.

Cons: Squarespace does not provide a native file serving solution. Our organization needs to provide documents, forms, and announcements to members. I have created a workaround using Google Drive and a hyperlinked index page on the site, but if I were not already able to use Google Apps script, the maintenance of this index page would be cumbersome. There is also no member-forum type module offered by Squarespace. Again, there are workarounds for this, but it would be nice to have a native solution. Also, the Squarespace calendar module does not integrate with Google Calendar. Once again, I have found a workaround for this using an <iframe> in an HTML code block, but it would be nice if there were native Google Calendar integration offered by Squarespace.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/29
Dave V.
Founder and Arts Chaplain
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/07

"Squarespace remains my top choice, but just barely."

Comments: I used to build my own sites - first manually then through Wordpress. I used to have a lot of security issues. Multiple hacks and breaches. Lost sites and downtime. I haven't lost a wink of sleep over a website since I signed up for Squarespace. For me, that's worth the money I pay. The software is beautiful, slick and simple (once you understand it - it's a bit quirky). But the cost keeps rising while other, cheaper options keep getting better. I still love Squarespace, but it's increasingly tough to recommend based on price.

Pros: Squarespace is easy to set up (a site can be completed in an hour or less if you have all the info you need ready to go). Once a site is live, it rarely has any issues, becomes visible on Google fairly quickly, and there are no security worries to deal with as everything is hosted on THEIR servers, not mine. The templates are the best in the business and it's difficult to make a Squarespace site look ugly. Not impossible of course, but tough :) Drag and drop interface is great and integrations abound.

Cons: Squarespace has become increasingly expensive, moving more and more features to higher and higher tiers. Their e-commerce options are great for a simple store with few product options, but you cannot change the image of a product when a customer selects a variation of that product - like a different colour of shift, for example. This was a deal-breaker on a recent project and drove us toward Shopify. Wix sites used to look terrible. They can now look pretty good (again, mileage may vary with templates and design skills). Bandzoogle has more features for bands at a better price point. Weebly has great design options. All claim easy drag and drop interfaces. All offer cheaper options than Squarespace for a similar feature set. Squarespace domains are free for the first year only. Then, thye cost more than many other options. I found that one out the hard way.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/07
Virginia B.
Communications Manager
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/26

"The argument for Squarespace over Wordpress: for simplicity and beginners"

Pros: There are many, many website creation platforms… and making the wrong decision is a disaster no one should have encounter. Because Squarespace and Wordpress are so prominently recognized, this review is intended for those trying to decide between the two. Overall, I would recommend Squarespace for organizations, entrepreneurs, small size businesses, startup company, or anyone who wants to take a more simplistic approach to building their website. Wordpress would be better utilized for websites with a lot of content, images, or heavily customizable needs and/or larger businesses. Pros
Squarespace website generation platform is a heavily controlled and monitored environment, run only by the company itself. All the testing is done within their own environment to ensure all plugins, tools, etc. are running correctly at all times.
Squarespace is a great fit for beginners who would prefer to have the web creation platform make the decisions for you or those who want something simple and navigationally instinctual. Navigating my way around Squarespace took me a simple day to learn its ins and outs; it took me nearly a year to learn all the unique, in-depth features of Wordpress. Because Squarespace is not an open source platform, its customer support team is available 24-hours a day, to help resolve issues and provide advice (via live chat). It’s their responsibility to fix any plugins, or issues that arise outside of your control. In contrast Wordpress is an open source platform, meaning the responsibility for fixing any issues that arise would fall on you; you will most likely need to hire outside help if you are a beginner and/or have little tech/coding experience. Although Wordpress is more customizable (developers/programmers can create their own plugins, themes, and tools and apply it to your site for a specific look) you take the risk of running into potential compatibility issues; open source does not always guarantee 100% reliability.

Cons: Because Squarespace is a more simplistic approach to web creation, you don’t have the option to fully customize the theme or jazz it up the way you may want. If you are really looking to create a website that is fully automated and stands out from the general information website I would suggest WordPress. I have not found Squarespace’s community help center to be as helpful in providing answers or pointing me in the right direction, however you always have support available to you; Wordpress has a larger collection of help forums on the web that can help you figure out fix issues, compatibility, coding adjustments, etc.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/26
Kyla O.
Owner/Designer
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/08

"Easily Create an Ever-Beautiful Website"

Comments: I have been using Squarespace for my e-commerce business for a few years now and love it! Squarespace sites are easy to create and update, while always remaining beautiful. I have used other drag-and-drop website building software in the past and even though the layouts looked right when I was editing, once I viewed them live and on different devices, there were always problems. With Squarespace's platform, my site always looks exactly the way I expect it to.
I recently added the e-commerce component to my site and while it doesn't have a ton of features, like other sites, it works perfectly for what I need. Some templates are better suited for e-commerce, so if that's what you're looking for, make sure to look into which ones those are.
Squarespace websites are also automatically optimized for search engines! Last year I took an SEO course to improve traffic to my website and a bunch of the suggestions involved manually updating parts of my site every few months so that search engines would continue to find my site. When I inquired with Squarespace about how to go about this, they let me know that their platform already does this for my site automatically--yay! I also discovered a variety of other SEO features that are built into every Squarespace site, so you don't have to worry about updating or even knowing about much of it--it's all done for you!
While Squarespace doesn't offer customer service by phone, they are timely with responding to inquiries via email and their robust online knowledge base has answered many of my questions in just a few minutes. They also offer a chat feature Mon-Fri.
Finally, one of the reasons I decided to switch to Squarespace was for integrations, like MailChimp--they make it easy to connect with my customers and streamline collecting their information. They also just added an integration with PayPal for checkout, which I can already tell has made purchases easier for my customers.
Overall, I am extremely happy with Squarespace and look forward to discovering, even more, features!

Pros: Ease of use
Beautiful designs
Great customer service
Affordable
useful integrations (PayPal, MailChimp, etc)
built-in SEO
constantly updating and adding more features

Cons: e-commerce platform has minimal features
No customer service phone support
Some features are only available on a limited number of templates

• Reviewed on 2017/01/08
Cheryl P.
Minister of Invitation & New FaithF
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/20

"Squarespace"

Comments: I have used this software for several years now and feel I can keep our website current and looking inviting all without having any formal web training.

Pros: I am not a web designer by any means. I was handed the task of keeping our website up to date and to add things when needed. It is very easy to use this software to do those tasks. The help center is amazing. I can find instructions to walk me through the steps needed.

Cons: There is not really anything I have found not to like. The only issue I have had is getting photo blocks to align on a page where I would like them to go.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/20
Karla R.
Web & Brand Designer
Design, Self Employed

"Best Website Platform"

Comments: Squarespace has helped me to grow my business without the hassle of endless hours of tweaking and customizing website designs.

Pros: Squarespace is very easy to setup, use and manage. I love that updates don’t require constant tending and managing like Wordpress does. The templates are clean and allow you to focus your attention on the content and clean design. The new Squarespace app is such a huge time saver and allows users to manage their websites and blog posts without having to be at a desktop.

Cons: The new Squarespace app is a bit buggy and occasionally says I don’t have internet connection, even when I do.

Dakota D.
Co-Owner
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/19

"Absolutely the best website building platform for small businesses!"

Comments: Choosing Squarespace to build my website for my business is the reason I'm able to continue growing my small establishment. Since I'm able to use the analytics and connect further with Google Analytics & Webmaster Tools, I'm able to properly target my correct audiences and monitor their traffic accordingly. I'm able to test what works best for my company, and quickly modify anything that isn't working. Squarespace is one of the software's that I accredit my success to.

Pros: For the minimal price that you pay, you get an incredible amount of features. There is practically an infinite amount of uses, especially if you have even the most basic understanding of CSS, which you can apply to every template. You can easily connect all of your social media, upload pictures, easily migrate content to new pages and templates, the list goes on. If you get stuck on something, the company has page after page of help guides, and since Squarespace is so popular and has been around for awhile, there is even more information and troubleshooting from actual users. The built in analytics are so easy to understand, and all of the necessary information is right there. You can easily connect API's, email servers, etc right on your account. Using the page builder is so easy. From rearranging content, to fully customizing the text and format-there really isn't anything you can't do with your website with this software.

Cons: My only complaint is what everyone else complains about: the templates! There's almost 100 templates now, so there's plenty to choose from. The main issue is that the templates tend to not have all of the functions you want, and you have to sacrifice certain functions for another. For example: you may need sidebar navigation, but the templates your client likes don't offer that, and you can't cross templates. I understand why you can't have ALL of the features on one template, but some templates with crossed features would be great.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/19
Jessica N.
Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees

"Sleek Beautiful Websites"

Comments: We have been using squarespace for over 3 years and love it. There are plenty of tutorials to help along the way and the tools within the platform can help create any type of website.

Pros: When searching for the perfect platform for our design business, we needed something that would showcase our work with clean lines and beautiful templates. Squarespace was the perfect fit! I loved the ability to customize every aspect of the templates as well so that we could incorporate our store, online catalog, intake forms and portfolio.

Cons: There is some learning curve with this software. It took me a few online tutorials and customer service chats to really figure out where everything was and how to use the features. Once you spend the time to learn, this platform is amazing.

Cassandra H.
Business owner
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/21

"The best way to advertise your business!"

Comments: I had used another website maker when I first started my company but I’m so glad I found Squarespace! The program over all is amazing. You’re able to design your website with whatever pictures, graphics, fonts & colors you like. You can personalize the website to your consumers liking and you’re able to get feedback from the customers in real time. I’m not tech savvy at all and this program made me feel like I had been designing websites my entire life! If you’re a business owner, there’s no need to pay someone to design a website with technology like Squarespace. Plus, for the price you’d be crazy to go anywhere else!

Pros: Ease of use, free trial, monthly price after free trial, the ability to make changes whenever you want, the options to chose from as far as color, graphics, fonts etc. and just the overall ease of use.

Cons: The only thing I can semi complain about was getting used to the software and how to work the program in the beginning!

• Reviewed on 2019/10/21
Carlee M.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/14

"Stop Website Shame!"

Comments: Wonderful!

Pros: It's easy to use, beautifully designed and has all the features that sets you up to create a beautiful and professional website. I get compliments on my website almost daily - thanks Squarespace!

Cons: I'd like to integrate other payment processing services with my site.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/14
Jared L.
Photographer (full-time)
Retail
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/04

"Out of all the website hosts I have found Squarespace to have the best templates and interface."

Comments: A clean professional looking website with easy to modify templates. I've also never had my site go offline or become 'slow-loading' when trying to view. Server issues are virtually non-existent and that's important with a business website.

Pros: The templates are number 1 for what I like most about Squarespace. They are professionally designed in a way that is highly customizable and very clean looking. You can have a great looking website quickly and with customization you can make it look original. I started using Squarespace over 4 years ago and still haven't come across a better website builder and host. The interface for adding content is a more accurate WYSIWYG(what you see if what you get) management system. Anybody can signup with Squarespace and adjust a template of their choice quickly and aesthetically with the admin interface. There is also advanced options for adding in your own code when needed. I've tried many hosts in the pasts and usually website builders are riddled with issues in spacing, formatting and errors - squarespace just doesn't have this...and for that reason it's a pleasure to use.

Cons: Price. Unfortunately Squarespace has gone up in price over the years for monthly and annual plans. If the cost is within your budget then it's highly recommended.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/04
Technical Sourcer
Information Technology & Services, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/14

"Squarespace - Honest Review"

Comments: Overall, I love this platform. I have considered using different platforms but they usually have a higher price point and you have to pay for each individual template. I like that you have new templates constantly coming out and you have access to all of them.

Pros: I've been using Squarespace for my photography business the past 5 years and I love the software. I love the versatility of templates provided and the customization designs. I have changes templates maybe 5 times in the past couple of years. If you're new to creating a website this is a great place to start. It's literally a click and drag method, and the best part is that you get a beautiful website. Customer support is also amazing! Anytime I had a bottle neck I had no issue reaching out and receiving a prompt response.

Cons: After using it for a couple of years there are a few things I wish I was able to do. If you are not a programmer a few small details may really bug you. For instance if you wanted to change the spacing between images you will have to look up code and plug it into the advanced settings. For people who are not programmers it's pretty much a plug and see if it works type of approach. With that said many people post on the Squarespace forums and have provided code that has worked for them and it's been pretty helpful. I really enjoy shopping around for templates and seeing the potential that these templates are able to produce. However, it seems like a lot of coding went into these example layouts in order to get the look that they were able to achieve. I also, wish I was able to save my previous template before fully committing to a new one.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/14
Andrew H.
Photographer/Director
Photography, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/16

"Easy-build websites"

Comments: Quick and easy to build interface; efficient and helpful customer service; sensible pricing and good discount for certain user types.

Pros: The ease of use to create extremely professional interface websites, they look and feel great and can be pulled together in a matter of hours.

Cons: There's a few things that require upgrade to packages, commerce and selling options are understandable, but the option to add custom code should be on all paid packages.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/16
Bee N.
Artist
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/22

"I manage multiple Squarespace sites"

Comments: My overall experience with Squarespace has been good. I was using a different template web hosting site years ago. I haven't looked back since switching to Squarespace. It's been 4 or 5 years now (maybe longer??) and the lazy part of me will probably stick with Squarespace for another half decade because if it ain't broke...

Pros: I manage multiple Squarespace sites and for the most part find it easy to use. I love that it links to Mailchimp and my other social media making all the marketing work that I have to do that much easier. I often recommend Squarespace to my clients who have really out of date sites that they have to have a web developer update. They have a plethora of templates and you can create some really nice, well designed sites without too much manual effort (depending on what you're trying to achieve). The customer service is honestly unbeatable. They are super quick with their responses and are typically able to help you trouble shoot an issue or explain why something can't be changed (typically has to do with the parameters of the template).

Cons: The hitch with Squarespace is that you get 90% to where you want your site to be but maybe not 100%. From template to template you lose certain abilities. This could be as simple as having a hamburger navigation in the top right corner or something larger. For what you're paying the value is obviously there, but if you have a really concrete idea of what you want your website to be you may want to invest in something more custom or a Wordpress template that is more customizable because it could be a headache in the long term.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/22
Caleb J.
Junior Web Developer
Information Technology & Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/17

"Squarespace - The Apple of Website Builders"

Comments: I believe Squarespace is the Apple of website builders. I love the experience and would not trade it for and easier to use site builder. the extra work is worth it for the quality outcome you get.

Pros: Squarespace is know to be The Apple of Website Builders to present. It may not be super easy to use but it is definitely clever and intuitive. Pages are built using content blocks which has many useful feature/elements available like photo galleries, forms, buttons, media player and many many more. To arrange the elements you simply drap and snap them into columns around your page in the order you want them. Squarespace makes working with images super flexible, allowing you to set a focal point to crop around rather than automatically cropping the image from the center. Another unique creation available is the Style editor which allows you to change the look and feel of your site as needs be. They are known to have some of the best templates on the market along with what I believe to be the best blogging experience which provides post tagging, drafts, comments, categories and customizable URLs. They also have a feature that is great when working in teams, which allows posts to have multiple authors, how cool is that! Something else to show off there greatness would be their full form builders with google drive and mial chimp integration and also you can make use of their lightbox mode. Did I mention that they also have one of the best eCommerce among general website builders? Yes, they do providing features like customizable receipts and much more.

Cons: It is not as easy to build with comparing to some general website builders, but definitely worth the work.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/17
Jared D.
Customer Success Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/11

"One of the Best Website Builders"

Comments: I wish I had known about them sooner otherwise we would've avoided paying an agency to build a custom site. Now we have to pay them every time we want any edits/adjustments made however minute they may be.

Pros: Squarespace delivers a super user-friendly tool that allows nonprofits I work with who don't have much tech experience to quickly build a website. It's easily customizable and their templates are all mobile-responsive. They also have great integrations with tools like Mailchimp for email marketing and Google Analytics. Their support documentation is very clear and comprehensive. I've never had to reach out to their support for anything I couldn't find in their help center.

Cons: They have pre-made templates that look fantastic, but if you're looking for something with drag and drop functionality for complete customization like Wix.com or Weebly, then Squarespace isn't for you. You can usually tell if a website is Squarespace because oftentimes different sites will use the same template. I also think that they could lower their pricing a tad and just offer less features.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/11