• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,4 /5
    4,4 /5

About Squarespace

Squarespace is the all-in-one platform to build a beautiful website, online store, or portfolio.

Learn more about Squarespace

Showing 2 064 reviews

Erin R.
Creator & Host
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/31

"A Novice Can Do It"

Comments: I've had a great experience with Squarespace. I'm currently going through a website redesign. I utilized their "matchmaking service" to try and find a designer and thought it was the most efficient system. It's like online dating. You fill out a form, which is like your profile, stating what you want. You get matched up with several designers. From those you "swipe right" on five. Then it becomes up to those five to court you by sending you an email, reaching out to jump on a Zoom and you take your relationship from there. I feel like I scored. I am enjoying working with my designer. She's so knowledgeable and she understands what I'm trying to accomplish. I cannot wait for my new site to deploy.

Pros: For the most part, anything I've tried to create on Squarespace is relatively easy. If I had questions, I was able to find a YouTube tutorial to figure it out. The sites look professional on both desktop and mobile and don't break the bank to create. You can also make your site transactional which is nice and the fees involved are reasonable.

Cons: I am not a tech savvy person so some of the functionality requires an in-depth online lesson to recreate something I've seen, however, it is all figureoutable.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/31
Cody M.
Creator
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/13

"Delivers Quality and Most of the Functions You'll Ever Need"

Comments: Squarespace works great for me, and the clients I've built sites for on it. It does everything that I have needed it to, and have been able to implement HTML/CSS elements when I absolutely needed to (pretty much on a novice when it comes to code). Whenever I show someone a site I've built, they are usually impressed, even though I'm mostly building on top of the work by the template designers.

Pros: Squarespace has great templates and an easy to use, drag and drop builder. You don't need any technical or true design skills to create a solid website. The high quality templates, with predetermined styling, ensure that even a simple website looks clean and elegant. It's also easy to implement your SEO titles and tags, connect email marketing services, add Google Adsense and other plugins. The price seems pretty good for all that, though maybe slightly more expensive than other CMS options.

Cons: The main drawback I've had is that Squarespace isn't as customizable as other CMS options, like Wix or Weebly. Sometimes I just want to move a simple element over slightly, yet this often isn't possible within the block format used by Squarespace. The flip side is that Squarespace has few if any bugs, while Wix and Weebly can get strange errors in my experience.

• Source: GetApp
Anne G.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/11

"Easy and Elegant"

Comments: I love SquareSpace. I would really need to be wowed to switch to another company. This has everything I want (not just need) to create a great first impression

Pros: I love how simple it is to create the aesthetic I want to share with the public. The customer support team was so helpful whenever I met a snag in implementation. That hardly ever happened though, because it is so straightforward to create my own website with gorgeous content thanks to SquareSpace and their templates

Cons: There have been a few times where links have broken on my website and it has been challenging to get them reinstated.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/11
Kim B.
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/21

"Top quality website and easy to create!"

Comments: So far all my experiences are incredible! They get back to me right away whenever I have a question or issue. Fast to resolve.

Pros: Top quality website! Very easy to create a professional looking website all by myself. The templates are wonderful and suitable for all different types of programs. Absolutely love it!

Cons: The monthly subscription program is pricey but a less expensive option then what I've used before.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/21
Joshua D.
Office Administrator
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/29

"Squarespace gives you web-designer results even if you don't happen to be one."

Comments: Overall, I love this product. Everything just works, all the time. No patches, no updates. Easy, easy, easy. And when I made the switch, the actual initial setup of the site took less than a day. Granted the copy was all mostly written, and I was largely just copying and pasting. But still--the whole website was user-ready in a day.

Pros: Squarespace gives a fantastic user experience at every step of the process. Setup is a snap, site design and layout are easy, with a click-and-drag graphical menu system that makes it easy to visualize the overall structure of the site. Page design is super easy, with drag and drop modules that provide a wide range of functionalities. And there is an integrated store and payment system powered by Stripe. I also love the code block module -- this has been super helpful in beginning to integrate our directory functionality into the website. If you know some HTML, this can be a big plus in adding features. The responsiveness is nearly flawless and (almost always) looks exactly the way I want it to, no matter what device I'm using.

Cons: Squarespace does not provide a native file serving solution. Our organization needs to provide documents, forms, and announcements to members. I have created a workaround using Google Drive and a hyperlinked index page on the site, but if I were not already able to use Google Apps script, the maintenance of this index page would be cumbersome. There is also no member-forum type module offered by Squarespace. Again, there are workarounds for this, but it would be nice to have a native solution. Also, the Squarespace calendar module does not integrate with Google Calendar. Once again, I have found a workaround for this using an <iframe> in an HTML code block, but it would be nice if there were native Google Calendar integration offered by Squarespace.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/29
Jillian P.
Admissions Intern
Education Management, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/07

"Best Website Builder for Dummies"

Comments: It was a good experience and made my product look professional.

Pros: Squarespace is so user-friendly and has an excellent interface for those that want to create their own website but do not know how to code. There are several design options in order to fit the aesthetic of what you are trying to promote or showcase.

Cons: I did not like the price of Squarespace. I found that a lot of the better options required me to upgrade and pay extra, which was a con. It also did not have a great value proposition compared to other free website builders like Wix or Wordpress.

Lucky N.
Web Editor
Media Production, 51-200 Employees

"Square Space Review"

Comments: My overall experience with Squarespace has been more satisfying compared to some of its competitors.

Pros: I found Squarespace's ease of use to be the most impactful feature of this product. The user has access to a diverse range of aesthetic templates for creating websites, consequently one can create a respectable professional-looking website in minutes, without prior experience in web development.

Cons: The only thing I did not like about Squarespace is that it does not have a social media website template. I believe that would be pretty useful if it were present.

Cassandra H.
Business owner
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/21

"The best way to advertise your business!"

Comments: I had used another website maker when I first started my company but I’m so glad I found Squarespace! The program over all is amazing. You’re able to design your website with whatever pictures, graphics, fonts & colors you like. You can personalize the website to your consumers liking and you’re able to get feedback from the customers in real time. I’m not tech savvy at all and this program made me feel like I had been designing websites my entire life! If you’re a business owner, there’s no need to pay someone to design a website with technology like Squarespace. Plus, for the price you’d be crazy to go anywhere else!

Pros: Ease of use, free trial, monthly price after free trial, the ability to make changes whenever you want, the options to chose from as far as color, graphics, fonts etc. and just the overall ease of use.

Cons: The only thing I can semi complain about was getting used to the software and how to work the program in the beginning!

Scott E.
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/07

"A little more expensive than some other options, but very much worth the simplicity"

Comments: I got a beautiful website setup fast. It looks great, operates well, and never requires any updating or maintenance from me.

Pros: The best part of this software is the simplicity of it. I have tried to dabble in WordPress and setting up more revenue driven websites, and it just gets too complicated for me. I don't want to be hosting and updating my own versions of the backend, or worrying how a certain plugin will interface with anything. Squarespace is fantastic for this because it's just dead simple, and does pretty much anything you want it to. It doesn't have more powerful features than hosting your own site through WordPress, but it will get you 90% of the way there and that's certainly what matters for most people out there. The support is fantastic as well. Their software is generally very straight forward and can be figured out with a few quick searches, but the few times I didn't know what to do they were there for me and walked me through literally step by step on how to do anything. I consider a good amount of my monthly fee to them to be going towards the piece of mind knowing someone else is out there managing everything about the backend for me, and can give me advice whenever I need it.

Cons: With simplicity comes concessions in the way of customization. For one, you are very limited with what sorts of plugins/add ons you want to put on your site. SEO for example, you basically just work with Squarespace and hope theirs works pretty good. As a result, you just don't have control over every little piece that you would if you built your own site up. However, I am not super technical. I think an appropriate analogy is cars - If you're a mechanic, you want to be more hands on and customize/maximize everything you can because you enjoy it and know what you're doing. Then there are people who aren't mechanics, but sure enjoy a nice car that works well and looks sexy with the understanding that you take it to a professional when you need help. I'm the latter and Squarespace is built for people like me.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/07
Malena A.
My favorite website builder of all
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/03

"My favorite website builder of all"

Comments: It's my favorite website builder of them all. It's harder to customize than the traditional web site and the price is a little higher than some other options. However, you can do a lot more with it than other builders allow. There's even some moving themes that I love. Once you get your bearings you can understand how to use it and really see everything they have to offer. You pay a bit more but you get your money's worth. You're also able to create a custom domain for an additional 20 dollars a year which is a great deal to me.

Pros: You get your money's worth. There's more options than any other website builder. You're able to create a custom domain for a great price.

Cons: It can be harder to work through when customizing your site. You have to pay a bit more than some other builder site options out there.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/03
Ananga S.
Podcaster and Personal Development Coach
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/14

"A beautiful platform with excellent support"

Comments: I began using Squarespace for my personal development blog and later built a second site to host our podcast and online courses. I have also built several sites for friends and colleagues including a yoga studio, a nursery, an independent publishing house, and a community choir. I find Squarespace intuitive and easy to use with good analytics. I recently upgraded my sites from version 5 to 7 and I’m very happy with the look and feel of Squarespace 7. Highly recommended.

Pros: The beautiful, clean look of Squarespace and ease of customising design. Scalability for display on mobile devices. Excellent customer support which is consistently prompt in response time, friendly and helpful.

Cons: Nothing comes to mind, I’ve been using Squarespace for 9 years through various versions and I’m happy to continue doing so.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/14
Patrick W.
Marketing manager
Events Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/07

"Creating a clean modern website with ease"

Comments: My overall experience with square space has been positive and very easy to use.

Pros: What I liked most about squarespace Was that it was extremely easy to use and I am able to add features on my website without knowing how to code.

Cons: What I liked least about squarespace was that there were some limited features and functions. There were some features I wanted on the website that the templates could not achieve.

Bee N.
Artist
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/22

"I manage multiple Squarespace sites"

Comments: My overall experience with Squarespace has been good. I was using a different template web hosting site years ago. I haven't looked back since switching to Squarespace. It's been 4 or 5 years now (maybe longer??) and the lazy part of me will probably stick with Squarespace for another half decade because if it ain't broke...

Pros: I manage multiple Squarespace sites and for the most part find it easy to use. I love that it links to Mailchimp and my other social media making all the marketing work that I have to do that much easier. I often recommend Squarespace to my clients who have really out of date sites that they have to have a web developer update. They have a plethora of templates and you can create some really nice, well designed sites without too much manual effort (depending on what you're trying to achieve). The customer service is honestly unbeatable. They are super quick with their responses and are typically able to help you trouble shoot an issue or explain why something can't be changed (typically has to do with the parameters of the template).

Cons: The hitch with Squarespace is that you get 90% to where you want your site to be but maybe not 100%. From template to template you lose certain abilities. This could be as simple as having a hamburger navigation in the top right corner or something larger. For what you're paying the value is obviously there, but if you have a really concrete idea of what you want your website to be you may want to invest in something more custom or a Wordpress template that is more customizable because it could be a headache in the long term.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/22
Caleb J.
Junior Web Developer
Information Technology & Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/17

"Squarespace - The Apple of Website Builders"

Comments: I believe Squarespace is the Apple of website builders. I love the experience and would not trade it for and easier to use site builder. the extra work is worth it for the quality outcome you get.

Pros: Squarespace is know to be The Apple of Website Builders to present. It may not be super easy to use but it is definitely clever and intuitive. Pages are built using content blocks which has many useful feature/elements available like photo galleries, forms, buttons, media player and many many more. To arrange the elements you simply drap and snap them into columns around your page in the order you want them. Squarespace makes working with images super flexible, allowing you to set a focal point to crop around rather than automatically cropping the image from the center. Another unique creation available is the Style editor which allows you to change the look and feel of your site as needs be. They are known to have some of the best templates on the market along with what I believe to be the best blogging experience which provides post tagging, drafts, comments, categories and customizable URLs. They also have a feature that is great when working in teams, which allows posts to have multiple authors, how cool is that! Something else to show off there greatness would be their full form builders with google drive and mial chimp integration and also you can make use of their lightbox mode. Did I mention that they also have one of the best eCommerce among general website builders? Yes, they do providing features like customizable receipts and much more.

Cons: It is not as easy to build with comparing to some general website builders, but definitely worth the work.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/17
Melissa D.
program manager
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/05

"You're never square if you use Squarespace!"

Comments: Pretty good. Any issues I have with the program and I cant to find it in the FAQ; customer service is speedy to get back to me and point me in the correct direction.

Pros: ease, functionality, many options for many types of businesses, the ability to control my clients online experience when they visit my website.

Cons: Sometimes searching any problems i have is difficult. I am normally not searching the correct wording in order to find it in theier arcives of FAQ.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/05
Zac G.
Academy Director
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/26

"Squarespace is incredible"

Comments: I would describe my experience with Square space as a Ten out of Ten.

Pros: I am a small business owner, running a drum academy in Canada and I have tried to use several platforms in the past that would help best showcase my business online. Squarespace was the first platform I truly felt did that for me. The ease of use, aesthetic cleanliness and technical support were massive in my decision to go with them.

Cons: From the time I began using Squarespace to now, I honestly cannot say anything bad about Squarespace.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/26
Ethan M.
Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/15

"Got me started with certain industries but was never a preferred means"

Comments: I have used this platform to sell and promote a festival that I assisted in curating. I do branding and artistic direction and squarespace made it quite easy to inject my own images in a manner that made a beautiful website while retaining thousands of dollars worth of sales yearly.

Pros: Popular platform with ease of use so high it makes it quite simple for people to manage a website in general and has assisted many in the build process of websites that have served me and my colleagues for years at a time. Simplistic building features with a solid framework allows for clean construction and sleek looks in a manner that allows those that do not know extensive amounts of code to design.

Cons: Not as many features or plugin support as Wordpress and is not open source. Templates in some respect are generic and design elements may be bland in some respects if not customized appropriately

• Reviewed on 2020/12/15
Sarah F.
Owner and Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/21

"Clean and user friendly"

Comments: It is a visually clean platform that allows me to provide custom-designed websites for my classy clients that they on which they can make updates in the future. It provides useful analytics and intuitive interface that makes my job easier.

Pros: Squarespace offers me the ability to design websites for my clients, and for myself, that are simple and beautiful. When I say simple, I mean simple for the user. I am still afforded many design tools that allow me to dive deep when I want to. I build sites for clients that want to be able to do simple upkeep themselves and this is the perfect solution to give them high-end quality sites that they can still update without cracking into code.

Cons: There are times when I would like to do certain things that aren't possible within the certain template for example, putting in a callout text box. But, in a way Squarespace saves you from yourself so you don't go text-box-crazy and clutter up the page.

Co-Founder & CXO
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/27

"The best website customization tool for anyone"

Comments: I'm mainly using Squarespace for both my personal portfolio website (I'm a graphic designer) and my startup's landing page. The various templates provided by Squarespace serves practically any purposes you could need a website for, so after a couple hours of research I was able to pick out the perfect templates for each sites and have a decent-looking website up in a day (although it took much more time afterwards with the specific contents).

Pros: Squarespace is extremely simple to understand, customize, and create a beautiful-looking and highly-functional websites. They have one of the best customer supports. The platform is very user-friendly for developers, designers, and people with no website-building experience alike, with simple drag-and-drop tools, features explained in simple buttons and natural languages, and a separate dev platform for those with coding skills that want more customization. The templates provided are all simple and beautiful so you can't really mess up the design even with little to no design experience. Their forum is very active and you can get crowdsourced answers to almost any questions you come across while using Squarespace. I also love that it's so easy to connect any social media accounts you have as well as analytics tools that are critical for most websites!

Cons: I've built 2 portfolio sites, 1 blog, and 2 business websites on Squarespace to date, and couldn't find anything I disliked!

• Reviewed on 2019/02/27
Director of Marketing
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/23

"Easiest Website Builder There Is"

Comments: After using almost all the different no-coding-required website builders out there, I think Squarespace is the fastest and easiest way to build a website, especially if you have e-commerce. Everything is integrated into their platform so it is very streamlined.

Pros: Squarespace is not your average blogging site. It is made for businesses, both small and large. It is easy to use - you simply drag and drop elements to where you want it to be on your page. No coding is necessary. They also have tons of templates you can easily adopt so even if you are not a web designer, your end product looks professional and beautiful.

Cons: In Squarespace, there is almost more than one way to do something. This is great for tech-savvy folks who want more options. However, when training my clients to manage their website, it has been a bit more challenging because they only want to learn one method and the various options confuse them. I would recommend that Squarespace cleans up some of its elements a little bit so it is easier for a new user to know the difference between each other.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/23
Heather Z.
Partner
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/12

"Website Design"

Pros: This software offers beautiful templates and, if you are a coder, can create a very professional looking website. I can also make small changes now that the coder has developed our website.

Cons: It is not easy to use for the common user and doesn't offer previews or easy changes. Once the coding is done, only small changes are easy to make.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/12
Micaela S.
Marketing Intern
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/13

"My Ideal Website"

Comments: Overall, Squarespace is worth the money. You pay monthly for your website and URL and you can link Google Key Words and personalize it as much or as little as you want with many different templates, truly the easiest way to create your website.

Pros: I've used a few different sites that offer website templates and features and Squarespace is by far the easier, most conveninent and safest service there is. Creating a website is a very stressful and time consuming process and from experience with Squarespace I no longer feel that way about creating, updating and publishing to my website.

Cons: With the computer I use, a Chromebook, some placement of pictures and text is more tedious to complete but in the end the outcome is as I always want.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/13
Carlton B.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/23

"Squarespace review"

Comments: I have recommended several people to use Squarespace's website builder and continue to use it for my company's websites.

Pros: The ease of use is the main reason I would recommend Squarespace to another potential user. The learning curve is not too steep and the pricing is worth it.

Cons: Squarespace can sometimes be very buggy and difficult to use when updating our website. Thankfully, the IT support is helpful and quick to respond to inquiries.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/23
Chris T.
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/04

"We migrated to Squarespace for our web host almost a year ago and could not be happier!"

Pros: Our business is centered around getting people outside, enjoying their time on the water and hopefully helping them to learn some interesting stuff along the way. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond for our customers and anticipating what they'll need or ask for while onboard. So when we were shopping around for a new web host, it was actually fun to find out that Squarespace takes the same approach. Even better was discovering how easy Squarespace is to use. Look, we're outdoorsy boat and water and nature and wildlife people, not coders. Squarespace makes it easy for us to tell customers our story. Super easy to include photos, video clips and imagery. Quick and reliable integrations with online booking, payment systems and social media. Could not be happier!

Cons: There are a couple quirks involving text formatting for drop down boxes that can expand and collapse (like are often seen on FAQ pages). Overall though, this is such a minor issue for us it's hardly worth mentioning. Plus, I've heard Squarespace is aware of it and is working on a solution. One of the great things about Squarespace is that they not only seek feedback from customers, they actually listen and respond!

• Reviewed on 2018/02/04
Jim P.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/11

"Brilliant Web Design Software that works a dream."

Comments: I've been using SquareSpace for 4 years now and have built lots of sites for very happy clients. Excellent experience

Pros: SquareSpace works brilliantly. The best thing is that pretty much everything you need to create a beautiful, modern website can be done within their system, no need for 3rd party plugins, constant updates or incompatibility issues that you get with WordPress. It just works! Great pricing includes many things that other web design tools / hosts charge extra for. The customer service and tutorials & guides are great.

Cons: The only downside, comes as a result of the huge upside. If you want to play around or need more customisation in your design things get trickier and the simplicity of drag & drop can't be used. These more technical css / coding issues are only for serious developers, so most casual users won't ever be bothered by this anyway.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/11