Bullhorn ATS & CRM Reviews

• Overall
    4,1 /5
    4,1 /5

About Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Automate every part of the recruiting lifecycle with Bullhorn's recruiting software built for staffing and recruiting agencies.

Learn more about Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Stacey D.
Candidate Relations Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/06

"Great ATS, the best one I have used as a Recruiter"

Comments: Bullhorn ATS is overall a great tool for our recruiting team and we enjoy using it. It integrates well with a lot of the other tools we use to improve the candidate experience including Herefish, LinkedIn, TextUs, etc. Wish customer support was a bit stronger with stronger, long-lasting solutions, but overall we like it.

Pros: Integrates with a lot of other software we use like TextUs, Herefish, LinkedIn, LinkedIn Jobs, etc. We also like that it has a lot of capability and functionality, more than other ATS's I have used. It also has a fairly easy to use interface and a lot of training materials, which makes it easy to onboard new recruiters on to our team.

Cons: Customer Support is very unhelpful when we try to add new functionality, suggest Bullhorn updates, or if we have a system issue. We have not been impressed with their problem-solving or timely support.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/06
Martin G.
Data Analyst
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/11

"Change request take too long"

Pros: There is a wide marketplace of third party partners who can offer additional features that can easily be implemented into the core product.

Cons: Time scale to deliver changes that require assistance from Bullhorn are too long. It would be good to have a fast track option for minor changes.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/11
Marketing Operations
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/11

"Bullhorn"

Comments: Works overall well for our needs, it's a bit pricey but does the job for a staffing firm

Pros: It's easy to pick up if you're a new user, the navigation is intuitive and it's rather easy to find what you need, input data, etc.

Cons: There's a lot of bugs and issues when it comes to logging in to sessions, it kicking you out too quickly, and a lot of features are either redundant or don't exist. (ie. you can't delete a company profile?) It's also difficult to edit features in the field mapping, acts too much like coding if you're not familiar with how to make those changes.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/11
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Staffing & Recruiting, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/31

"One Stop Shop"

Comments: Overall, I can still say that Bullhorn is the best recruiting software. I would highly recommend this tool to other staffing firms.

Pros: Bullhorn is the best ATS I have ever used. It is very user-friendly. It only took me a day to know my way around bullhorn. It allows you to edit fields while you are looking at the list. This is very helpful as you do not need to click on a specific link to have it edited. Also, I love that it is integrated with MS Exchange as email conversations are recorded and can be seen by all internal employees. In addition, it is very easy to track the progress of each requisition. Bullhorn also allows you to set up reminders which are very helpful for busy recruiters like me. I love that text messages are also recorded in the system. Lastly, they have an awesome technical support team! Way to go!

Cons: For me, Bullhorn can still improve on tearsheets. Recruiters should be able to edit fields without them having to click a specific link/candidate. It would be very beneficial if they would add this feature as most job postings are really fast-moving. Another thing that I have noticed is with duplicate candidates. Sometimes I add a specific candidate and it shows me, 50 plus duplicate candidates. When I try to click one, it's nowhere similar to the resume that I uploaded. I hope they can do something about this.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/31
System Administrator
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/31

"A Sophisticated Tool for Customer Relationship Management: Bullhorn CRM"

Comments: I will say that Bullhorn CRM is the best CRM software product for managing customer-relationship in any organization from my experience.
It is a robust tool that ensures customer satisfaction and retention as well as providing the opportunity for new customers thus increasing the company's productivity.
its interface is quite simple to use and appealing.
I highly recommend Bullhorn CRM to those companies looking for better CRM solutions.

Pros: Bullhorn CRM capability to provide immediate insight into the person that is in touch and the capability to keep track of all conversations between different stakeholders makes it superior over other CRM software.
Increased customer relation has led to improve in my organization's productivity.
another cool feature about is about its intuitive interface that is simple and easy to work with even for the inexperienced users.

Cons: In my opinion, I will say the latency experienced by Bullhorn CRM has made it be time-consuming in some context and even failure to capture data from the user.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/31
Richard K.
Benefits and Onboarding Administrator
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/01

"Comprehensive Design"

Comments: Bullhorn provides a complete servicing platform for all stages of candidate recruiting. We are able to manage our client and candidate contact lists, our jobs, payroll, onboarding, and more. Aside from minor window control and UI quirks, Bullhorn has few flaws. With recent mergers, our company has experienced exponential growth during 2016. With that growth comes the challenge of integrating client and sales data, as well as candidate data. With Bullhorn, the integration was seamless. All of the data was easily uploaded into our established Bullhorn database and we experienced no downtime.

Pros: The integration. We are able to integrate third-party software into our platform which allows us to work from one tool. We save time and money as a result.

Cons: With so many features, the user interface can become cumbersome and imperfect.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/01
Derek R.
Account Executive, Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/31

"Excellent Way to Manage Pipeline and Relationships for Full Desk Recruiter"

Comments: I have been using Bullhorn for almost 2 years, and I love it. I like it because it helps me to manage my pipeline for both recruiting candidates and marketing to clients. It is easy to use, and is very functional. The task list serves as my daily calendar, and the search tools allow me to easily view search results. Managing relationships using Pulse is a great feature - it tracks relationship communication.

Pros: The free training webinars that are offered help me to continually learn about the features and new updates. The way Bullhorn is set up is very functional, and it seems easy to alter and adjust settings according to preferences for the recruiter or the team. The dashboard provides good information to manage performance. Seriously - it's a great ATS.

Cons: At first, my cons were with the search tool. But over time, the search tool has become more functional. My days would not be the same if I did not have Bullhorn.

Kristyn H.
Technical Recruiter
Staffing & Recruiting, 51-200 Employees

"Bullhorn for the Win!"

Comments: As a Technical Recruiter in the IT staffing industry you quickly learn the importance of leveraging efficient technologies that add immediate value to your business objectives. A Full Life Cycle Recruiter manages the entire recruitment process, initiating it by posting a job, procuring and screening candidate resumes, interviewing candidates, and extending formal offers of employment. I can confidently say that Bullhorn helps me meet my objectives from start to finish. The functionality and ease of use (in my opinion) are strong attributes of the product. When there are a million things going on in your day you can appreciate a simplistic platform that is easy to navigate. The reporting and analytics are also a huge plus for me as well. I reevaluate my recruiting process often by utilizing my Bullhorn reports to evaluate my metrics. For example, I pay very close attention to where I have sourced recent hires from to determine which job boards for certain roles are yielding better results.

Pros: Bullhorn is a cloud based application that allows multiple customers to use it at once. I love the idea of uploading all of my candidate files and notes onto Bullhorn and having access to them at any place or time. This is huge for me! It creates flexibility in the work I do independently but more importantly it helps for great collaboration when working with my colleagues.

Cons: Bullhorn has exceeded my expectations. I have not come across any functions or features that did not add value to my role and responsibilities.

Jarit W.
Account Manager
Staffing & Recruiting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/18

"Give 60 days cancellation notice before your contract ends or it will renew."

Pros: It's simple. I used this ATS/CRM at a previous company, so I stuck with it. You don't have to have a separate software like salesforce for the client mgmt.

Cons: Sometimes you have to login multiple times with your password. I don't have this problem with Wells Fargo or any other online passwords. Just bullhorn. Sometimes the automatic resume parsing icon doesn't work. It can be a little expensive for a basic account. One hundred a month is more then I pay for a premium Linkedin account. Tasks could me more streamlined to include fewer clicks to edit the date/time/etc. I got suckered into another year because of their 60 day cancellation requirement. If you don't notify them 60 days before your contract is up, your contract will automatically renew.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/18
Jennifer S.
System Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/08

"Excellent ATS!"

Comments: I have been using Bullhorn for over 8 years. I train every new hire and it is quick to get new recruiters up and running as the system is very user-friendly and easy to learn. I love that you can easily customize every screen in Bullhorn so that it fits your companies workflow!

Pros: The lists are my favorite feature. They have greatly helped our company. We can filter on any data point in Bullhorn to create available candidate lists for our recruiters and target lists for our sales reps.
Notes can be entered very quickly into Bullhorn on a candidate or clients record. As a result we have been able to reduce our unemployment rate by several percentages saving our company thousands of dollars.

Cons: None! Bullhorn is constantly updating their software and making improvements. I have no complaints.

• Reviewed on 2016/08/08
Ryan M.
Consultant - Policy, Public Affairs & Communications
Government Relations, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/25

"Bullhorn Review"

Pros: The simplicity and the way in which it has integrated with other software that we use, i.e. Sourcebreaker / OneUp.

Cons: It often has crashes and doesn't work as intended during periods of outage.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/25
Dawn B.
Senior Recruiter
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/07/20

"Bullhorn Recruiting Software Review"

Comments: Overall BH has all the features a full cycle recruiter needs to get the job done. I am not an admin for ours so I am sure there are features that I cannot access, but I would love to see it be more user friendly and keeping up with new technology. For instance, if a candidate is in BH and LinkedIn, BH should be able to compare the info and let the user know the candidate has a new position or contact info

Pros: I like having all my information in one place and being able to cross reference files adding a candidate to a specific distribution list, being able to tag the job order in the notes section, etc.

Cons: I would like to see in jobs notes the candidate's name instead of having to click on the drop down arrow.

• Reviewed on 2016/07/20
Katie L.
Recruiter and Consultant
Banking, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/07

"Premier Recruiting Software"

Comments: Bullhorn has really helped us reduce our time to fill and post time to interview ratios.

Pros: Bullhorn is a recruiter's best friend. It can handle everything from the Job Post, the applicant tracking, candidate communication / scheduling as well as on-boarding. For a large team working on the same position, it allows us to all be on the same page and keep the process moving forward. The customer service is awesome!

Cons: Some of the reporting features aren't as robust as other platforms and Bullhorn isn't one stop for HR, we use other software for benefits, performance evals, etc. With that said I'd rather have the best ATS and work with industry leaders in other areas, a la carte HR!

• Reviewed on 2019/01/07
James D.
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/28

"Works well by itself and with others."

Comments: The integration with third-party apps is very handy. It allows you to keep everything in one place, which saves a lot of time. However, it might take a bit of research to be able to use this program to its fullest potential. Once you do so, it’s well worth the money.

Pros: One of the best features of Bullhorn is its integration with Outlook. It allows us to evaluate candidates without having to open a second program. It also allows you to schedule events and interviews with ease. The fact that it works really well with LinkedIn Recruiter is a big plus as well.

Cons: There is a bit of a learning curve to be able to use this program to the best of its ability. We had to do a few searches in order to get it to work the way we wanted it to, but once we had it set up, it worked flawlessly. The downtime can be a pain, but that’s with every software.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/28
Kristyn c. H.
Technical Recruiter, SHRM-CP
Information Technology & Services, 501-1 000 Employees

"Bullhorn for the Win !"

Pros: Pulse is certainly a great feature from Bullhorn. It allows me to track the flow of communication with my candidates. I also love the idea that it can determine the best time of day to reach a candidate as well based off of previous conversations. There are definitely some neat features that help you work smarter.

Cons: Although I am still learning the ins and outs of Bullhorn I am very happy with the product this far.

Derek R.
Account Executive, Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/04

"Bullhorn has set the bar high for CRM - GREAT!"

Comments: Bullhorn has been great to work with. The CRM is a CRM for people who want to develop, maintain, and manage relationships with clients and candidates. The Bullhorn staff is always coming up with new and innovative ideas. The company does not sit still. They are attempting to do more, integrate more, and combine the interesting reality of automation and personal relationships.

Pros: The features of Bullhorn are excellent. The fields that can be customized and arranged per the user, the way work flow is presented and managed. The search tools are great. The task list and tearsheets are helpful.

Cons: The only con I can think of is the mass email function. When recipients get an email from a mass email, it might have "bullhorn" in the "from" portion of the email. Not too big of a deal, especially if you don't send mass messages

• Reviewed on 2016/11/04
Scott W.
Recruiting Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/18

"We've been utilizing Bullhorn as our applicant tracking system for about 3-5 years now and like it."

Comments: We have been more effective at filling positions since instituting an ATS.

Pros: Bullhorn allows us to keep notes on each candidate we work with as well as a record of which positions they have applied to and any feedback. It helps us to stay organized.

Cons: The system can be a bit clunky at times and frequently logs you out throughout the day, so you are forever entering and re-entering your login credentials. Sometimes the system will actually allow you go through the process of making a change before telling you have been logged out, so then you have to go back and do it all over again. There are also frequent errors with resume parsing.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/18
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/05

"Bullhorn evaluation"

Pros: I liked most the tagging feature within bullhorn that allowed me to tag my colleagues within note updates within candidate profiles, job orders, or client documentation notes. These came through in real time to our outlook emails so nothing was lost. It really helped keep people in the loop, including my management on my activity

Cons: I had used bullhorn before it's most recent upgrade to Novo. I didn't like how you couldn't search Keywords in just the notes section as it would bring up resume keywords too but I understand Novo has fixed this enhancement

• Reviewed on 2019/04/05
Jennie A.
Managing Partner/Owner
Staffing & Recruiting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/11

"A+A+A+A+F"

Comments: Customer service and ease of use are outstanding what I can not find through the resource center you make it possible for me to understand through the customer support. I love the people. I love the product. If there is a feature not currently available you take it to the developers and low and behold you make it possible. Wow. Awesome product, awesome people.
My number one complaint now is that I paid for my service ahead. Great for you all at Bullhorn you have my money. But my partner left the business and I needed to drop from 2 seats to 1 because I prepaid my account I was screwed out of money. If I was month to month I could have terminated the 1 seat immediately but because I paid ahead. OUCH! It cost me and you all WON big time. Not a fair way to treat a small struggling business. Thanks a lot guys! So, Your financial side is unfair..
That's the reason you guys get three stars for Value! Otherwise, it would be five stars like all the rest.

Pros: AWESOME PEOPLE, AWESOME PRODUCT.

Cons: FINANCIAL - Financial is the side you really need to focus in on.
PRODUCT/SERVICE IMPLEMENTATION - Implementation of new/additional services don't work well which is sad because I truly love the people and love the product. Care for current services is 100% perfect but implementation gets lost in the mix but the money is sure collected for services not rendered.

• Reviewed on 2017/01/11
Chris F.
Director of Operations
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/06

"Bullhorn is at the top of the food chain for a reason"

Comments: If your needs are straightforward and budget is not an issue, the Bullhorn is likely to make sense for your company.

Pros: Bullhorn is definitely a Grade A system, that's clear. It is reliable, and functionality is robust, as far as candidate funnel and reporting too.

Cons: The cons for Bullhorn are that a) it is expensive and b) it is not at all malleable unless you pay for a higher tier. Bullhorn is not the kind of system where you can just go around changing field names and colors and such - you do things their way.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/06
April T.
Recruiting Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/10

"Fetures/Functionality/Training"

Comments: Overall I find BH to be a good product on the ATS side of the house. We just went live with the Back office. The one thing that stick out to me is that there are so many things that we want to do that will require a "Customization". I think that it is locked down too tight. An example would be that we can not apply logic....If this ..... then that. The reporting isn't very useful. I am HOPING that we are able to get Canvas. Hoping that will fix those issues! The dashboard is geared way too much on sales and not on recruiting. I know that there is a "My Activity" card that was just released, but there is no way that the recruiting manager and/or the EVP of recruiting can view their teams card on their dashboard. The managers should have the option to view all activity in their department on their dashboard as well. I feel that we should be able to make our own user types and create entitlements as we see fit.

Pros: Export function. I wouldn't be able to run our office without it!
It is easy to follow like an iPhone
Support staff is great!
Webinar/Training on new releases and features

Cons: Too many customizations
Dashboard for ATS vs CRM
Training on Back Office - VERY LITTLE, NO on-site training and staff was only given an overview 4 months before go live and no training when we went live

• Reviewed on 2017/02/10
Matt B.
Director Information Technology
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/19

"Expensive, but with good cause"

Comments: Bullhorn automates a lot of our processes. It saves my recruiters time which saves my organization money.

Pros: There is no better system for tracking candidates and recruiting in an internal database than Bullhorn. As long as you put in a lot of data on each candidate and appropriately link notes, there's no better platform to utilize for search.

Cons: Setting things up takes some time. If you don't partner closely with the transition team, things are going to get lost in the shuffle.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/19
James B.
Director of IT
Staffing & Recruiting, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/01

"Long time Bullhorn User"

Comments: Bullhorn provides a scaleable platform for small and large organizations which allows for a higher return on investment as your firm grows.

Pros: Since Bullhorn is written for the Staffing community the focus and attention to industry usage and workflows positions Bullhorn with a better OOTB experience as compared to a generic ATS/CRM that would require significant customization to get up and running.

Cons: As a legacy large system the streamlining of data sets could be optimized (people record consolidation).

• Reviewed on 2017/03/01
Alleha N.
Project Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/02

"Innovative Tool to Keep Your Business At the Peak of Technology"

Pros: They are always coming out with new tools and features to help you be able to better manage and utilize your data. They are very transparent and you always know what tools are coming down the pipe.

Cons: Their customer support unless you are at the Enterprise level is not the best. Having customizations built by their professional services can take a long time to turn around. However, they allow those things to be outsourced to third parties.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/02