QuickBooks Commerce Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About QuickBooks Commerce

QuickBooks Commerce enables you to manage inventory and orders for your multichannel business and keep track of products.

Learn more about QuickBooks Commerce

Carlo K.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/08/27

"Great Software, Good service and I fully recommend it."

Comments: I use it everyday in my business and it made the accounting so much easier for me. This is the most efficient system I have worked with so far. I will definitely recommend this to more businesses I deal with.

Pros: Easy to navigate and learn
Integrates well with other systems
provides good accounting reports
Affordable price

Cons: Limitations on number of users
Lack of invoice design tools
Easy to find a mistake or errors which someone can "fix" your books
File size issues and limitations on number of transactions

• Reviewed on 2021/08/27
Steven F.
VP/GM
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/25

"Review"

Comments: Setting up a W&S importer and wholesaler.

Pros: The ability to speak to other applications.

Cons: There honestly has not been many things I disliked about Tradegecko.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/25
Jay C.
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/01

"Very useful with limitations"

Comments: Tradegecko is a highly useful inventory software with some caveats. Since it is a browser based software, my company's employees can access the software and it's features from any computer or mobile phone (if they downloaded the smartphone app). But the browser based system is also somewhat slow and cumbersome. Browser refreshes are needed quite frequently to make sure that inventory stock are completely up to date but the refreshes take time to load and when you're in the middle of an order, it could be a frustrating to keep clients waiting. On the other hand, the smartphone app is still limited in it's functionalities (for example I would love to access stock control on my smartphone so I can "receive" items in the warehouse with just my cellphone rather than running to my computer). The same goes for TG's main browser based software interface. But having used the service for almost a year, I do notice constant improvements (some significant, some incremental) to the service whether it's a new feature or a annoying interface that's been squashed. Customer service is responsive to queries but I do wish they could implement user-requested features quicker. Another area of improvement is the POS interface. Currently, making a sales order is not very easy. I understand that this system is more suited for wholesalers but I wished it was designed with a retailer in mind. The ease of use is somewhat slow and clunky. Changing or return an order requires a whole series of hoop-jumping. It takes time to teach employees all the steps required for a sales order whereas other POS software are much easier and much more intuitive. I would like to point out that the intelligence reports are particularly useful, saving a significant amount of time (and money) over traditional spreadsheets or the pencil and ledger method. It is highly customizable and easily sorted to display the information you're looking. I've never any problem finding the information I wanted in the intelligence report. I was always able to sort and customize the reports based on exactly what information I was looking for. Overall my experience using TG is unequivocally positive despite the various caveats. I believe as long as the TG team stays responsive and alert to their user's needs and continues to improve upon suggestions, then I believe this software is highly useful for any business with inventory management needs.

Pros: Intelligence report is extremely useful! Being able to access TG on any computer is a huge advantage.

Cons: Smartphone app is limited. Browser-based software is somewhat slow requiring refreshes for up-to-date stock as well as pretty long loading times during navigation.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/01
Joel J.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/19

"Great Software"

Comments: I really like the software and Customer support is always very helpful in every aspect.

Pros: Reporting is good. It is also easy to use. Integrates with other software easily.

Cons: There is not a payment integration that syncs with wholesale orders or on site sales.

by TradeGecko on 2020/02/13

Thanks for the review Joel, we are pleased you find our platform easy to use, do check our our knowledge center on TradeGecko Payments.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/19
Andrew H.
Andrew H.
Sporting Goods
  • Reviewed on 2015/07/22

"Trade Gecko works well and is getting better everyday"

Comments: From the time I started working with Trade Gecko, they have made a lot of efforts to improve their system. My business is 65 years old, at first I got the feeling that the developers knew nothing about proper business practices. Although it took some time, their customer service reps have finally figured out that I know what I'm talking about. I tested many different inventory companies before settling with Trade Gecko. TradeGecko was the best option.

Pros: Mostly anything can be done through csv.
Supports multiple price lists (selling and cost)
Supports multiple currencies
Able to sync with multiple sales channels
Able to sync different price lists to different sales channels (initial setup has to be done by TG to get this to work)
ie you can have Wholesale and retail websites with different prices and manage it from TG
Syncs sales and PO's with QBO Canada

Cons: For $200 per month, I would like to have phone support, not just email support.
If I want to make changes in bulk, I have to download the entire database, make changes to the bulk SKU's and then re-upload it. Working with the entire database in csv is very dangerous and has caused problems for me. I would like to see them improve this feature.
Only allows one supplier per item.
Most tasks are easy to do and learn. For advanced users, there are several little hidden features / obstacles that were difficult to figure-out, and left me wondering why didn't they tell me.
There are a few limitations that I have to work around and live with, but I believe with time TG will fix them. For example, you cannot input your own landed cost. You have to use their built in system that calculates landed cost from the PO. This is a huge headache; not all costs associated with a PO are payable to the supplier ie Transport, Duty, Broker Fees, Graphic Artist, etc.

by TradeGecko on 2015/07/24

Dear Andrew,

Thanks for the great review! We are glad that you chose TradeGecko out of the many options available. We are always looking to improve the system, and will definitely be sure to pass the feedback on. Have a great day!

Regards,
Alicia
TradeGecko

• Reviewed on 2015/07/22
Samer A.
president
Tobacco, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/18

"Great system for our expanding business."

Comments: The top benefit is that we have all the information we need for every customer of ours right in one place. As well as how easy it is to add new items to our inventory and keep track of them as they come and go.

Pros: I like the user friendly design, you just follow the steps such as create a customer, create a sales order, create a purchase order for any items that you are out of stock in, receive your purchase order items so it updates your inventory, adjust all items in customer sales order accordingly, once these have been done you finalize the order and email the invoice to your customer. Once all these steps have been completed and you received payment from the customer you mark the order as paid, and that is it you are now finished.

Cons: I was kind of just thrown into using this software not knowing anything about it, so it was a little difficult to understand how it is meant to be used. I did not have a lot of spare time to play around with it at first, but once we did mess with it we found that it does actually do almost everything for you.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/18
Torgeir toft E.
Portfolio manager, craft beer and logistics
Import & Export, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/09/06

"Efficient and easy inventory tool"

Comments: My experience with using this has been very good. I mostly use the inventory functions to control stock and sales from local ware house and stock transfers. Haven't been fully able to utilize the B2B websales platform because it's difficult to get our customers over to use this solution as we're just one of many of their suppliers. Regardless of that, I use the B2B-platform from several other of our suppliers, and I love how I am able to see live stock, reserve and buy directly.

Pros: Very well intergrated between the inventory solution and B2B. Very easy to use and register new products. Always adding features and adapting to their customers needs (f.ex. alcohol levels, sizes, and lot packaging). Quick customer service that takes your suggestions and problems seriously.

Cons: In my field of business it lacks a couple of functions such as setting dates of expiration so you can see how many days there's left. This would be a very valuable tool in terms of keeping track of a large inventory with almost all different expiration dates. This could help me run campaigns on stuff I need to get out of inventory if I could put this in and get a live report of "xx days left on exp. date". Also integration towards more invoicing tools would be welcome.

• Reviewed on 2016/09/06
Kiri S.
Kiri S.
Design
  • Reviewed on 2015/07/23

"Tradegecko"

Comments: 90% of my sales are through consignment. In searching for consignment software, Tradegecko came out on top. Not because they specialise in this area, but because there seemed to be a distinct lack of consignment software out there that suited my needs (fashion industry). We worked for over 9 months to get a consignment work-around up and running, and overall I'm happy with the results.

Pros: The team was great to work with while establishing the consignment work-around and I appreciated that they worked with us so directly in order to establish the needs of consignment clients.
One thing I really like about this software is that it looks good, and is easy to navigate.

Cons: It's expensive; about NZD $130p/month. That's a lot more than other software, for example my accounting software Xero is NZD $60p/month.
I would have appreciated reimbursement for the 7 months set-up time; during this time I was not able to use the software for my consignment needs. A client of mine in NZ took 7 months to get fully set up and running with Vend software for her retail store, and Vend fully refunded her for the 9 months. I would also appreciate such an acknowledgement of the set-up period required with Tradegecko.

by TradeGecko on 2015/07/24

Hi Kiri,

Thank you for the honest review and we are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the software. We'll be sure to pass your feedback regarding set-up period on. Thanks once again for your support!

Regards,

Procurement Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/01

"80 out of 100"

Comments: I can monitor the sales over time and able to make right decisions for procurement

Pros: Easy to use, not complicated.
Update and solve problems very fast.

Cons: No returns function for buying things from supplier.
Can't send credit note directly from software, can't show the amount should paid after deduct credit note
Forecast demand function does not open for small business user which is not very convenient.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/01
Thabelang M.
Freelance Creative
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/09

"For small - medium sized businesses, Quickbooks is very easy to use and quite efficient."

Pros: This software is very user-friendly because it does not have many complications when using. It's very reliable in terms of keeping or saving important information.

Cons: The software does have a few minor flaws such as the user limitations such as viewing transactions that have been affected and the pricing is a bit high.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/09
Jo T.
Co-founder
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/20

"Integration"

Pros: "We use a mix of Trade Gecko, Xero and Shopify as well as payment platforms & methods like Stripe, Paypal and Partpay. We find they all integrate seamlessly & almost instantly to make dashboards/reporting, invoicing, statements and reconciliations easy and accurate. Trade Gecko's customer service are outstanding, we've had many conference calls upskilling, understanding new features, or helping us with silly little things, at all hours!!! We also have the added bonus of partnering with BNZ so that we get a fabulous dashboard called My Business Live, where all these partners integrate into useful widgets to give a clear reporting picture for our stakeholders."

Cons: the menus flick back and forth, its really frustrating.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/20
Karen M.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/05

"We love TradeGecko"

Comments: We've had a very positive experience with TG. The customer support via email is amazing, so we always get quick answers, and good guidance on any issues we have. Since we've been using TG for the last quarter there have even been some updates that have improved the systems so we are confident that the system will continue to get even more useful over time!

Pros: We switched to both a new e-commerce site and TradeGecko at the same time. We spent a lot of time setting up our e-commerce site but only after launch did we figure out that TradeGecko was the more important operating system for us. It was easy to get launched and much easier for our staff to use. It holds almost all our data in one place, so we can easily see customer info, their past orders, their payments, their discounts, our current inventory, what's coming into stock, etc. It works really well with Quickbooks and our e-commerce site. Easy to understand, accurate. We're sticking with TG for a long time to come!

Cons: There are a few things that could be more efficient in TG that require some manual inputting instead of bulk updating because fields are not available for download, or orders can't be edited in the way we need. They always have a workaround, which is great, but some of it is a little inefficient.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/05
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/22

"Solid and simple"

Comments: It works and the simplicity is a major benefit. Definitely best in class at this price.

Pros: It is pretty robust and works well for small companies. I have helped use this for multiple companies.

Cons: My main complaint is the reporting, it is a small thing, but you cannot see all of the reports from the website, the reports have to be emailed to you and then downloaded. Kind of a cumbersome process.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/22
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/19

"An excellent stock management system!"

Pros: Having investigated dozens of inventory systems, TG is by far the best for our needs. Good points; compliant inventory valuation method, good reporting, easy import/export, multicurrency support, good 3rd party apps (inventory planner + shopify), landed costs, easy PO editing and roll-back, variant & combination products. This product acts as our "master" inventory across several channels. Customer service is excellent and very helpful.

Cons: Could do with basic user role assignments on their 1 channel plan instead of upgrading just for this. More 3rd-party integrations would be good.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/19
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/06

"Just another half baked inventory management solution"

Pros: The best thing about TradeGecko is that it serves it's core purpose, syncing inventory counts across Shopify and Amazon (although we do not use the Amazon integration). It also has a modest collection of csv import/export features for managing inventory. They also seem to be actively developing new features, which is nice. But this concerns me because *many* of the basic features still need a *lot* of work.

Cons: In a broad sense, the most significant con to TradeGecko is that most of the app feels "half baked". It seems that everything was developed to serve the specific needs of an initial core user base. This is particularly true of the ShipStation integration (be warned). Granted, we wouldn't have much to gripe about if there were support docs explaining how TradeGecko works in the context of day-to-day business operations. Unfortunately, the docs don't go much further than explaining where the buttons are and what happens when you click them. Apart from setting up the account and performing our first few csv uploads, we've had to fine tune *every* aspect of our TradeGecko workflow through *trial and error*. Not sure if I'm asking too much but this has been an awkward experience, especially considering that the support team, while responsive, has rarely attempted to truly understand our issues. The whole dev team is focused on feature releases & rudimentary usability (which is also lackluster). They seem to have no concept of UX.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/06
Rory S.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/07

"Great software!"

Comments: TradeGecko has helped us get on top of our stock management and streamlined our orders for our warehouse. This has lead to fewer mistakes which can be costly to the business. Sales tracking has also been a huge plus for us as this is not something that was as easily accessible before joining TradeGecko.

Pros: TradeGecko was extremely easy to set up and implement as part of our day to day business. We are as small company but growing and this platform gives us plenty of room to do so.
Being able to access up to date reports was also a huge benefit to us to make informed business decisions.

Cons: Having to enter an initial start cost for a product that then can't be changed. We have fluctuating initial start costs for products.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/07
Tracey L.
Consumer Goods
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2015/10/01

"Great system"

Pros: I've been using TradeGecko for almost a year now. I love that it was relatively easy to populate, and that there's always great support from the team, the few times I've needed it (and they are keen to listen to suggestions for ongoing development) - but I really love that my wholesale customers can order B2B from the site, and my WooCommerce store links into it too - so both my wholesale and retail customers are easily managed.

Cons: This is a relatively new program, so there are sometimes things that are not quite as I want them yet (e.g. a certain report isn't available yet) but the team are willing to listen to suggestions and send them through to the development team for inclusion in the (hopefully not too distant) future.

by Alicia on 2015/10/26

Dear Tracey,

Thanks for the awesome review! We are delighted that our B2B eCommerce Portal has come in handy. We are looking to buff up on our reporting and analytics so you'll definitely see them in the near future! Appreciate the support and have a great day!

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2015/10/01
Thomas I.
chemical sales manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/14

"been using this for almost 3 years now, not a single issue"

Pros: app use is very easy and desktop view is a breeze, i use it every single day. We use it for 21 locations that our customer uses everyday as well.

Cons: wish i could see the customer viewer as well, sometimes the customers tell me they are seeing something different then i am

• Reviewed on 2018/06/14
John K.
Managing Director
Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/25

"TG saved my life!"

Comments: It seems like we have grown with this product Every single thing we need to have an additional feature or a tweak to an already existing feature, it always gets done intuitively. This is so amazing. Customer service is outstanding and so much responsive on a whole different level.

Pros: Responsive, Intuitive, ffexible.

Cons: nothing

• Reviewed on 2016/08/25
Jorge luis J.
Sales
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/05

"Best software for inventory control"

Comments: We are a business heavily based on inventory and we found that this is the best software to control our inventory

Pros: Ease of use, include the shipping cost and import taxes to our inventory cost per item

• Reviewed on 2016/08/05
Chuong N.
Warehousing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/26

"We've recently switched over to tradegecko, it has its ups and downs."

Comments: It gets the job done, but the customer service is not that good.

Pros: I like that it keeps our inventory clear and precise, I can look and see exactly how many products I have and how many I would need to order to keep my warehouse stalked.

Cons: I do not like the payment system. There is no way to see when payment is made on the invoices unless clicking on each individual one, there are two columns, one that's created date, and one that's the last updated date, whether it's just payment or shipping or just from clicking on it.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/26
Ageesh P.
Accountant
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/10

""Fast processes and hassle free connection with markets""

Comments: Initially we were having trouble using a different software to manage our inventory data, and after introducing Quickbooks into our system it becomes smooth.

Pros: The dashboard gives smart direct functions that allows me to monitor the general and most relevant data directly.
Modern Cloud Inventory and Sales System gives me and my team ease of access to entire product database.

Cons: Forecasting for seasonal products can be improved. Other than that we couldn't feel any hassle while using the software.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/10
Jamie M.
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/23

"Simple easy no stress"

Comments: love the layout love the service. Only down side of things is that I find the website a little slow on internet explorer for windows but find it very fast on google chrome.

Pros: fast on chrome

Cons: slow on internet explorer

• Reviewed on 2017/02/23
Dr tracey L.
Dr tracey L.
Medical Practice
  • Reviewed on 2015/06/02

"The lizard does it!"

Comments: As a new business owner suddenly handling the intricacies of inventory management, Trade Gecko has been a great help. It's easy to set up, quick to learn, and dovetails nicely with both our webstore app (WooCommerce) and our accounting software. What's more, it cleverly handles both the online retail customers and our B2B wholesale customers (who needed a different solution - i.e. the ability to generate editable sales orders rather than finalized ones - from what WooCommerce could provide). It allows me to use different currencies and different 'warehouses', too. The TradeGecko team have been very helpful, and are open to our suggestions. All in all, I have found TradeGecko to be great; I love that it's cloud-based so I can access it anywhere, and what's more, it's very reasonably priced.

Pros: Cloud-based
Talks to Xero, WooCommerce and other platforms
Easy to set up
Simple to learn
Price

Cons: Some features still being developed, e.g. ability to edit stock adjustment comments, setting up returns - but the team is responsive to our suggestions/requests

by TradeGecko on 2015/06/03

Thanks Tracey! Glad the lizard is working for you :) We have 20 little development geckos who are endlessly writing code with their little green fingers to get you more functionality! Stay tuned and thanks for the review!

• Reviewed on 2015/06/02
Dominic C.
Sales Executive
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/06

"Great Sales and Inventory Program"

Comments: This is a great program for keeping track of your inventory, it is a relatively new software, one of the reason why it is great is it's customer support. Prompt and sensible reply every time. 4 stars is because it has a lot features and functionality that could be improved.

Pros: Customer Support *****

Cons: Relatively new, has a lot of space for improvement.

• Reviewed on 2017/02/06