• Overall
    4,1 /5

About UKG Ready

UKG Ready combines the power of HR, talent, payroll, and time to deliver a personalized, people-centered experience.

Learn more about UKG Ready

Elena W.
Construction, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/16

"One Word: EASY"

Comments: Made my life as a manager easy. My admin and I were spending less time on their time cards, which improved office efficiency overall.

Pros: My favorite thing about this software is how easy it is to use. The admin team assigned to me used it for tracking their hours. It was very easy for me to see if they missed a punch, and it was also very easy to correct timecards. They had no issues with the software either.

Cons: My only "con" (if you can even really call it that) was that I thought that the reports could be a bit more user-friendly. They weren't even bad reports though, to be honest. Overall, I don't really have any negative things to say about this software.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/16
Majeeda P.
HR Generalist
Recreational Facilities & Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/23

"A good software but not unfortunately designed for Park Districts."

Comments: I liked the support staff that helped me with issues that arose. In particularly, I want to say that they were great, even though, they could not always help me. They made an honest effort and tried to even make logical solutions to help remedy my issues. Rep was by far my favorite support persons. Please let them know that I appreciated their time and energies. They did a tremendous job helping me with the software and always followed up and followed through. I will miss our lengthy support sessions!

Pros: There was some level of customizing available.

Cons: It was not a software designed for an organization like mine, a park district. In our organization, most employees work in more than one role at all times. Kronos could only keep general record of one job with one pay rate to each employee (we did not have the Payroll portion of Kronos). Some notifications that we needed were not available. Creating forms from scratch was difficult. Webinars were very long (3 Hours). Kronos was not as customizable for us as we had hoped. many things that we wanted to do with the system were not possible. Applicants had a hard time applying through the software. I had constant issues with log-ins.

Lisa M.
HR Director
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

"Kronos Review"

Comments: I am a little frustrated with at times the communication flow. Frequent cancellations of meetings. Not always meeting deadlines on things. Sometimes not communicating proactively updates on where we are at with fixing certains issues. The latest hiccup occurred when the system went down and we reported this. Then we found out that we were supposed to sign up for the workforce community to get the updates when something goes wrong. This was either not communicated to us, or not quite communicated in a way that any of the implementation team understood. Not one of us either remembered or understood this. Separate from that I am very disappointed that important notifications are not automatic - instead we have to sign up for those notifications. My question is why? Shouldn't important notifications be standard? I have never had a product where we've had to sign up for those. You really need to reconsider that. There are other minor issues that make no logical sense to me as well. Like how to request PTO and not having the option to request a flat number of hours over several days. We are a healthcare operation with various schedules and requesting two weeks cause odd things to happen. Seems like this is something that should have been offered as an option long ago. Our first go-live date was December 23rd and now it is August 16th and we still have not gone live because there are still numerous issues to work through. That is frustrating for all the staff here.

Pros: I've used time and attendance systems before and generally like them.

Cons: We've have a tough time pulling the trigger to go live. I recognize that some of that is related to our unusual rules. However, I get a little disappointed about the lenghthy time and some of the hiccups seem to be for other reasons.

Bruce B.
Technical Support Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/16

"Flexibility to Customize According to Your Needs"

Comments: We are using time-sheet entry notes for our users to document their activities with customers. These notes in turn make their way onto our billing statements to our customers . This saves countless hours of work for our billing department.

Pros: Workforce Ready is a very robust time and labor application that can integrate seamlessly with your payroll solution. The granular configuration options allow the administrator and/or implementation team to set up their timekeeping solution according to their individual needs. Moreover, by mixing and matching profiles within the different areas of configuration, one can fine tune options by departments or individual employees if necessary.

Cons: Perhaps it is unavoidable but with the extreme level of flexibility comes also an extensive admin interface that could take a good amount of time to fully grasp. An administrators with years of experience could easily expect to still be learning new and better ways to complete tasks.

Deon S.
Technology Division Manager
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/16

"Workforce Ready - an upgrade?"

Comments: Workforce Ready was supposed to be an upgrade from the previous Kronos platform. The feature set was less than what we had before. As much as this was hyped as an upgrade. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

Pros: Cloud-based and zero on-premises footprint.

Cons: Some processes are convoluted.
Not intuitive.

Dr. debra P.
CHRO
Retail, 201-500 Employees

"Kronos User"

Comments: Overall experience have been positive. The system has provided workforce analytics that gives deeper insights to the CEO about the org. The company did not have that ability prior to my tenure

Pros: Functionality
Real-time
Ease of use
Training

Cons: Some reporting features especially on performance mgt

Angie E.
Deputy Director Payroll/Hr Liaison
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/05

"Overall great product!"

Comments: I really like Kronos Workforce Ready product overall. I think it would be nice to have a one on one quarterly meeting with someone so I can make a list of the not so important items to go over. I believe there are things this system can do that I have no idea about. I understand the videos and training materials but I do better talking to someone and showing them what I am talking about rather than trying to explain everything in an email. Just my opinion.

Pros: I believe most of the program is very user friendly. I like that everything is tied into the system, payroll, HR, TLM and applicant tracking. There is a lot more that we can utilize that we are not using yet. I like the audit trail feature so I can tell what the employee is doing so I can help teach them the correct way. I like the Favorites option that I just found out how to use that about a month or so ago.

Cons: At the time of our purchase, the fire department purchased Telestaff scheduling product that we were told could talk to our payroll system and send information over to Kronos and land on the firefighters timesheet. We have been in implementation for this particular item for almost 2 years now.
I do not particularly like the benefit selection process. I think it is very difficult to read the confirmation page, it does not show the dependents without having to reopen it. It is very confusing when selecting dependents and spouses for a plan. I feel it used to be so much easier to maneuver and read your decisions but now it has added another 10 minutes to the process because you are constantly going back to see if your dependents are selected. I am NOT looking forward to open enrollment this year at all.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/05
Lisa R.
HR/IT Technology Specialist
Retail, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/01

"Solid HRIS, but some updates/improvements needed for some features."

Comments: Kronos is committed to improving WFR and we already see the improvements made since we went live. There were some bumps at the beginning, but Kronos is a company that listens to their clients and helps in anyway they can. Although, the system is still a work in progress, we are in a much better place then we were before Kronos and are happy to have the system in place.

Pros: 1. All in one product that including ATS, HR, payroll, benefits, ACA and reporting.
2. One system, one number for customer support, one community (great customer portal), one company you are working with.
3. Employee Self Service is great! You can grant as much or as little access as you would like to complete actions, access data, benefit enrollment, etc.
4. Kronos Team willingness to set up the system the way you need to in order to accomplish business needs.

Cons: 1. The system is very particular in the way you set up. Ensure you have a good application consultant that understands what your company needs and how they will set this up in your environment. Also, if you chose to bring WFC into the mix, you are dealing with two systems and not one and there is a whole other level of set up you need to consider.
2. No development site. Everything is conducted in live site.
3. Recruitment and onboarding (checklists in general) need to be more flexible. Kronos is working on this and is on road map. We look forward to some improvements.
4. Training in product and training material needs some more work. There is a noticeable difference in training presentation vs. other products (i.e. WFC learning portal vs. WFR offerings). Also, you really will need someone dedicated to learn and understand WFR, as it is very layered.
5. There is not current API offerings, only flat files every 15 minutes can come out of WFR. Kronos is working on adding this capability in near future.

• Reviewed on 2017/03/01
Ashley B.
Director of Human Resources
Entertainment, 501-1 000 Employees

"Great functionality"

Pros: From an admin perspective, I love the reporting functionality, automated emails, and general navigation. This may change a bit with the new user interface, but overall it is intuitive and easy to use. Customization and capabilities are great.

Cons: The occasional bugs that happen with SAAS.

Brooke D.
Director of Human Resources
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

"Hospital Review"

Comments: It is a good system.

Pros: It is a user friendly system. Easy reports are easy to customize.

Cons: Implementation is awful. They do not send any reps on site to help with implementation. Reports that require Kronos assistance take forever to receive. One took over 6 months to get.

Corey W.
SR HRIS Analyst
Staffing & Recruiting, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/08

"Functional"

Comments: The updates that occur frequently mess up our security settings and change things within checklists and we constantly have to adjust. This product would get a much better rating if the overall quality with things like that and automated reporting for our needs would make me rate it higher.

Pros: The system itself for payroll purposes is very easy to use and manipulate. Reporting for the most part is simple.

Cons: They sell you on how easily you can customize, however this was not what we have witnessed. Setting up an automated report can generally be simple, but doing a simple birthday pull monthly cannot be automated due to limited options within the product.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/08
Mario H.
Assistant Office Manager
Retail, 501-1 000 Employees

"Workforce Ready"

Pros: The main reason we went with Kronos was for the TLM. It has worked good and we are still playing with it to make it work its best.

Cons: I don't like that you have to click here and there just to get to where you want to be. Specially to print a document.

Rodica M.
Sr. Payroll Specialist
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/06

"Kronos Workforce Ready is improving"

Comments: This is the first cloud system we are using. After having Oracle E Business Suite for more than 10 years, I like the simplicity of Workforce Ready. We hope that the new upgrade coming in August will be a great improvement and reduce our Cons.

Pros: Easy to use. Easy to create reports. Works well in most areas. No need to have pre-printed checks.

Cons: Does not keep the history of changes. Does not have a TEST feature. No retro pay calculation. The change in pay rate in the middle of a pay period applies to the whole period, for exempt and non-exempt employees. Does not re-calculate regular rate of pay to add the additional overtime premium when nondiscretionary bonus is paid for current or past pay periods.

by Holly on 2017/09/08

Hi Rodica – Thank you for your review, I am glad that you are enjoying the simplicity of the system. I wanted to let you know that retro-pay functionality was delivered this month. To learn more about the functionality you can access the release notes right from your Workforce Ready solution by navigating to Our Company > Service Provider Documents > Download Documents. If you have any further questions on this functionality, please feel free to send me an email at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2017/07/06
Anna H.
HR Director
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/23

"In our 2nd year - post implementation"

Comments: We initially bought all modules available and in the end we cancelled several. We retained HR, talent acquisition, time and payroll. We are not currently using talent acquisition or HR for onboarding as the initial workflows set up are not functioning properly and we've not been able to fix them.

Pros: The reporting functionality is super easy to use and very helpful. You can report on most anything in the system and since most everything can be exported to excel it's easy to slice and dice for whatever your purposes.

Cons: Payroll functionality and customer support. Time keeping works fine but once things are crossed over into payroll, things don't always translate as they are supposed to.

Ashley M.
Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/16

"Streamline all aspects of employee time-keeping in one application!"

Comments: Since implementing and fully utilizing Kronos our staffing models have been better aligned with the business needs at each of our sites & held employees more accountable because this gives them a visual representation of punches that are "out of line" (tardy, unexcused absence, late out, etc). Kronos also tracks and reports this data based on trends/benchmarking that we established (Automatically sent to managers via e-mail report) - This has freed up our management team to focus on other duties.

Pros: Kronos has allowed our organization to house all aspects of employee time-keeping within one application. This has count down significantly on the reports collected because Kronos is tracking attendance, tardy, late out, OT, hours beyond FTE, etc. We have built our program to send notifications directly to management so that they can then handle "issues" as needed.

Cons: Implementation and planning efforts to build Kronos out to be as functional/efficient as it currently is took many months & IT work. Our organization did all of this internally, may be easier/quicker if utilizing Kronos for this.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/16
Elisa M.
HRIS Analyst
Insurance, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/01

"Kronos workforce ready"

Comments: The support overall is good but it takes too long to get to the people with knowledge. I wish the ticket process were streamlined to send the more technical and difficult tickets directly to the next level.

Pros: Flexibility in implementing modules. I like that it is not a buy one get all. You can use the feature as you want and turn on others later on as well as purchase other pieces as add ons.

Cons: The performance review module is week and not tied to goals. The compensation module is very disorganized and creates too many lines of data for each single transaction causing a lot of manual clean up on a regular basis. The applicant module is not flexible enough.

by Elisa on 2017/08/25

Hi Elisa,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Workforce Ready. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the flexibility of the solution. I also appreciate your candid feedback on what you would like to see improved. I wanted to let you know that the ability is tie goals to the annual review will be available in our October release. I would also be happy to coordinate a call with our HR product management to chat further about your pain points with both recruitment and our Compensation module and discuss what we have on the horizon in terms of usability improvements for both features. Feel free to send me an email at [email protected] and I would be happy to coordinate a time for all of us to connect.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/01
John andrew C.
Leasing associate
Commercial Real Estate, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/20

"Efficient time tracker plus more. A lot more."

Pros: Clocking in before and clocking out after your work hours is the main role of Kronos workforce. It is efficient and user friendly. But it's way more than a time stamp tracker. You can access your vacation credits, request for one, track it and link it to your schedule viewer. You can approve and review your time card, payroll cannot process your time card unless you approve it. It assures that discrepancies can be fixed before it moves forward. It has tons of features, i don't think i can cover everything in one go.

Cons: Some of my coworkers advised that they can access the clock-in capability of the program outside our closed network. I understand that it's web based but this might cause integrity issues. I'm not sure if that featured can be tailored to be locked out if your not logged in the company's network.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/20
Derek N.
Supervisor
Nonprofit Organization Management, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/17

"Time Corrections"

Comments: As a mid level manager I still have not used Kronos to its full capacity, in the future at my company I will be trained on how to use it further. From what I do use it for now it is a fairly easy program to use. I look forward to more training and using it for more.

Pros: Pulls up easily with internet access to punch in and out. As far as making time card corrections it is a fairly easy process once you have taken the training and have done a few corrections. Without taking the training or being trained by someone, I would not attempt to do any time corrections for employees

Cons: The way the hours are shown on the earnings time card are misleading at least for the company I work for, if you are one that likes to calculate what you would be making this may be difficult. Functions a bit slow, seems as if it is the actual program and not the internet speed.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/17
Carla B.
Human Resources Manager
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/01

"Great Software with wonderful Customer Service"

Comments: Overall great product. It is user friendly and they have a great support team. The only thing I wish they offered was additional onsite training past the initial setup.

Pros: If any issues arise, they have a wonderful Customer Service team to help. They are knowledgeable and are quick to respond.

Cons: After the initial setup and training, any additional training is offered only online. I took over the HR position about 6 months after implementation so I had to figure a lot on my own since the previous HR person was not available to train.

by Amy on 2017/09/07

Hi Carla,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate that you find the product easy to use and are very grateful for your kind words about our Support team. Regarding training, please reach out to me at [email protected] – we offer some one-on-one online training options that might be a good fit for your needs (on-site training is also available through our partners), and we can discuss what works best for you.

Thanks,
Amy Fafard

• Reviewed on 2017/09/01
Bobby S.
Business System Analyst
Consumer Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/16

"Bobby's Likes and Dislikes"

Comments: Kronos did most of what we needed it to do. The biggest issue we had was the fact they over-promised the capabilities of what Kronos could do. After signing our contract and committing to the software, we found out it couldn't do the accounting we needed it to do, so we had to invest in a separate software to handle our accounting issues. Then we found out the onboarding didn't work the way we needed it to, so we had to invest in another software for it. Then it wouldn't communicate with our new accounting software, so we had to invest in yet another software. So all in all, the cost became to much.

Pros: I love how simple it is to export the data. I also love the many options of exports it's capable of doing.

Cons: The reporting systems are very complicated to work with. Most of the reports I had to create couldn't be done in Kronos. I had to export the data to excel and create the reports from excel.

Robin H.
Human Resources Generalist
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/09

"Lots of potiential, but seriously lacks customer support."

Pros: The ability to pull reports and export data into a variety of software programs.

Cons: The customer service. When there is an issue, there is ZERO possibility to get immediate help. Even when items are payroll critical, I can wait 1-3 days for a response. When they support staff do respond, they will call on eastern time, so if you miss that call (at 4-7am pacific time), you have to call back and leave a message to have them return your call starting a vicious cycle. Rarely when I have an issue do I get support assigned that knows how to fix the problem. I have had to tell the support member how to do tasks within Kronos. Most of the time, I get placed on hold while the support staff assigned reaches out for additional help. Worst customer service with ANY computer software program I have ever encountered.

Lily P.
HR Administrator
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/14

"Good HRIS System with Improvement needed"

Comments: A more simple and general training or user guide would be better for first time user in understanding how to start using the system.

Pros: Usage are fairly easy to locate data and info. Reporting are one of the best feature in this system as it is very versatile and customizable in adding or deleting info to achieve desired result, exporting the report is quick and comes with many formats. Some of the built in lookup function comes in handy and saves time.

Cons: Some of the wordings in the system are not as direct and can be mistakenly understood (Such as the Accrual function), only when explained by customer service in the true meaning it can be used correctly. There are certain info that exist in the system but not able to be add to a customize report, which sometimes cause time consuming effort to combine multiple report or manually adjust after export. A few Government labor filing forms has incorrect info when auto filled. Need to adjust manually afterwards.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/14
Michael R.
Human Resource Generalist
Banking, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/04/16

"Kronos Review"

Pros: Overall, Kronos is a software that allows for many different functions. My organization generates almost all of our HR reports from the information contained within the software and we also use it for timekeeping and payroll.

Cons: From my perspective, the biggest con I have with Kronos is that the system is not very easy to navigate and it needs to be modernized to stay up with the times as far as providing a welcoming experience for users.

by Holly on 2017/04/20

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your feedback - we are always interested in hearing from our customers how we can improve our solutions. One of the biggest focus areas for Workforce Ready in 2017 is improving the user experience, so you should expect to see positive changes in the ease of use throughout the year and beyond.

978.947.5173
[email protected]

• Reviewed on 2017/04/16
Darlene R.
Controller
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/16

"Strong time management payroll software"

Comments: Very satisfied. We have 15 locations with about 120 people punching a time clock. It works well for our company

Pros: I appreciate the ease of use from an administrator standpoint. Reports are easy to design and build. Makes my day easy. The ability to pull up an employee and find everything in one spot is useful as well. The payroll process is simple to use.

Cons: Not so much the software but I currently do not have a direct line to my representative. I either make a call and leave a message or send an e-mail and wait for a response.