• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,6 /5

About Lever

Lever is the only applicant tracking software built to nurture top talent and increase collaboration across the entire team.

Learn more about Lever

Lee M.
Talent Acquisition Advisor
Computer Games, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/26

"Great ATS"

Comments: We have recently implemented Lever, but so far it is excellent and all users are enjoying using the system.
The implementation was very smooth, the best software implementation any of us have been involved in. We had some more complex requirements that were all easily resolved and enabled us to launch in a timely manner.

Pros: We love the collaborative nature of Lever, enabling multiple stakeholders to see and make decisions either by logging in or via email notifications

Cons: None so far, we have recenetly implemented Lever and so far it is excellent.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/26
Karen U.
Corporate Recruiter
Hospitality, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/16

"New rollouts"

Comments: Lever used to be a great program with lots of features, they just ruined it with the new roll out.

Pros: At the moment nothing is good about this software

Cons: Merging had been disabled. We can no longer join new and old profiles into one profile.
New and existing profiles - we are no longer notified if a candidate may be a duplicate. Have you ever spoken with a candidate only to find out that they where not a good fit before?
Emails do not sync properly - Gmail will not be delivered if sent through Lever. We have found that we must copy and paste the email template to Outlook in order for the recipient to even receive the email. This has been going on for almost year.
Emails Part 2 - Entire threads of email conversations do not appear in Lever. They are missing so again we have to cut & paste entire conversations to place in the profile.
INDEED Candidates - These candidates must be forwarded into Lever. The same process we have done for 3 yrs, now all of a sudden are forwarding a separate entry of blank information which now must be deleted. It turns out that if you have an image in your signature on your email that is what creates the blank entry. SO if you have a logo, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter logo expect a blank entry. Customer Service told us we were doing it wrong. No their rollout was the most stupid thing we have ever worked with.
Different pipeline stages for different jobs makes no sense. You have 1 profile, you can have many jobs associated with that profile, you can have many hiring mangers for that 1 profile, they do not need to be all over the place.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/16
Talent Acquisition Manager
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/21

"Lever is a great efficiency ATS for small-mid sized companies"

Comments: I realized improved efficiency from day 1 with a high volume of candidates scheduled on our books for the same amount of effort.

Pros: Very user friendly and features are thought through from the tactical recruiting side. I love easy book links, automated offer letter templates that actually work well, strong email template capabilities with email delay features, integration with slack.

Cons: Few glitches with offer letters / integration with background check and HRIS system. I had to figure out some rules myself that weren't documented. Their support team is very fast and friendly though. The built in support articles are also very comprehensive.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/21
Florence B.
VP Marketing
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/21

"Love using Lever to find our talent"

Comments: Superb! 10 out of 10!

Pros: I love how it's now so easy to review lots of candidates at speed. The platform is intuitive and easy to use, drawing in the right information that you need on candidates. Easy to collaborate with other co-workers on vacancies. Great UX!

Cons: I love Lever. It makes it easy to be efficient in the recruitment process and it saves us time and ensures a great candidate experience.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/21
Mike G.
VP of Engineering
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/25

"Smooth, easy, and frustration free"

Comments: I used Lever for years at RedOwl (but was not involved in the implementation) and implemented it here at Cybrary. It has had an immediate positive impact. I have recommended it to friends in the past from a user's perspective and now that I've gone through deploying/implementing it, I only feel that much stronger and more positive about your product and recommending it.

Pros: Having the implementation plan and scheduled checkins with cust support has helped a lot in getting me to focus on the right things at the right time. Lever does a great job at striking the balance between "highly configurable" and ready to use out of the box: most of what we need is pre-configured properly (making deployment easy) and the fact that most things are configurable/customizable is great (making it easier to tweak those things where we need to deviate from "norm"). Cust support rep was great and answered many questions that went beyond Lever features/functions/configurations. I enjoyed working with him and he was very helpful -- as the VP of Engineering, "HR" isn't exactly my wheelhouse. He took into account our specific needs and suggested best practices that took into account other considerations (e.g. legal).

Cons: As you are aware, it would be great if EasyBook was more of a global feature. It would be great if a coworker could use the links and email templates I configured. Also I wish schedules could be modified by the people being scheduled rather than just by the owner of the link. Finally, consider treating "Tentative" or "Maybe" as Accepted/Busy on calendars (or making that more configurable); there have been a couple of race conditions on scheduling phone screens: Developer is invited to a planning meeting but has not yet accepted and then gets booked for a conflicting phone screen. Archive reasons should have long descriptions/reminder text/instructions in the app. For example, we "stole" Lever's "Wrong Motivations" archive reason but I'm sure that folks are not clear on what that means and when to use it. It would be great to have reminders/instructions in-app to help folks pick the best one.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/25
Jake S.
Talent Acquisition Associate
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/30

"Intuitive, Effective, Innovative."

Comments: Bottom line: In my opinion, Lever is the best ATS out there. Beats its competitors by at least a mile. Keep up the great work!

Pros: - Scheduling interviews have never been easier for our Talent Team. Our conference rooms are linked to Lever so we can do everything without checking Google Calendar!
- Easy to use interface. Every tab, page, and profile is very user-friendly, with the recruiter/hiring manager in mind.
- Sending candidates a link to schedule their phone interview cuts down on the back and forth.
- Communication between approvers, hiring managers and interviewing team is ridiculously easy that even my mom can use Lever.
- Automatic job posting to external job boards. Super easy to use for niche job boards as well!
- The referral system is super easy for folks who don't use Lever on a daily basis.
- Customizable application per posting. SUPER easy. I love this feature.
- Reports are very easy to pull and read.
- Recruiters have control over who they involve in the hiring process. Before when we didn't have Lever, all hiring managers had access to every single job posting and its applicants in front of them. Now, we assign them to specific jobs they own. They can't see anything else.
- Lever Extension on Chrome is insane, in a very good way. Extremely helpful when you're sourcing candidates on LinkedIn!
- Andrew is great. Always there when we had questions and always willing to hop on a call with us.
- Implementation phase was super quick and simple. The Lever team did whatever we asked and in turn, we did whatever they asked.

Cons: - Requisition approval needs fine tuning. When we decide to hire internally for a requisition that has already been approved, we have to delete the current req and add another one indicating it was an internal hire in order for us to report on the number of internal hires. There's very little you can do with a req once it's been approved without getting the approvers involved again.
- Offer approval is backward, in my opinion. The letter should be drafted first, then sent out to the approvers for their review. Right now, it's approval first, then offer letter draft.
- Referrals are counted as "applicants" and not "leads." That's crazy to me.
- Once a lead has applied through our careers website, we have to manually move them from the lead bucket to the applicant bucket. There's no automatic transfer. No notification, either.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/30
Ed Z.
Senior Recruiter
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/22

"Strong ATS Platform"

Comments: Lever is the 7th ATS that I have used professionally and I have demoed many others, it is one of the best out there. We went through our selection process a year ago and ended up demoing 13 ATS providers and they were the best for our needs. We couldn't be happier with Lever and plan on being a long-time customer.

Pros: -Great UI/UX-very intuitive and easy to use
-Good tracking capabilities: Can create unique URLs, each employee has a unique social/employee referral link, you can drop a Google Analytics tag, and can embed tracking pixels
-Easy to get buy-in across the organization
-Adds efficiency to the recruiting team saving recruiters and coordinators time in our day to day. We had to do a ton of manual work with our last ATS.
-High engagement: Many of our team members weren't a big fan of our previous ATS and now they have turned into power users
-Chrome Extension and integrations with other sourcing tools to be able to easily import candidates into Lever to manage the pipeline
-Gmail and Google Calendar integration so you can do everything from one platform and not have to continually go back and forth when communicating and scheduling candidates
-They are continually upgrading their software as we have been a customer less than a year and have seen many new beneficial releases
-Have a CRM product(Lever Nurture)
-Great support from initial contact through implementation
-During the sales process, they really took the time to understand our business and recruiting processes
-Easy to create customized reports
-Tons of partner integrations
-Streamlined and easy implementation process

Cons: -Doesn't have automated social referral distribution. Employees can't schedule their job posts via social, they need to do it manually each time through Lever.
-They don't have Live Chat for customer service
-When setting up your job application, if you choose to have a resume as required then the 'Apply with LinkedIn' is pointless. If they 'Apply with LinkedIn' then they still need to upload a resume. Unfortunately, 'Apply with LinkedIn' doesn't cover the resume requirement.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/22
Candice S.
Recruitment Business Partner
Computer Software, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/23

"Mostly good"

Comments: This is a pro and a con - When processing a candidate for a role, it's good to be able to have visibility of what stages they're at with other roles they've applied to. But then it becomes a bit annoying when trying to process them for one role, but having to either decline or progress them for any other roles they've applied for, even if they aren't your roles.

Pros: - I like the way Lever processes candidates (pipeline). It's straightforward to use.
- Great visibility of candidate notes.
- It's fast at updating across the system, good synchronisation.
- I like the way the feedback works between Outlook/hiring managers email.
- New interview feature to show if hiring managers have accepted their interview invitations.
- We like that it integrates with DocuSign and Outlook, and the chrome extension for LinkedIn.
- It's cloud-based so we can log in from anywhere.
- Evan is awesome

Cons: - We can't use bullet points in Offer forms because they don't format correctly in the final contract.
- Formatting of job description (can't do bullet points)
- It's challenging for hiring managers to find the 'approve' button when offer approval emails come through (it's at the bottom of the email and then it's not clear when they open the candidate's profile.
- Could have more use of colour coding.
- Hiring managers keep their access to individual profiles after their jobs have closed (then managers complain about receiving too many notifications)
- There should be multiple Offer forms (for each of our locations for e.g.)

• Reviewed on 2018/07/23
Roberta G.
Talent Engagement Leader
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/05

"Lever is the most intuitive tool I have used...."

Comments: This was an easy survey tool to use.

Pros: Lever is an intuitive tool. The flow of work is thoughtful. I was able to self-teach my way through the tool and my hiring managers are also fluent in the tool with minimal effort. Lever enables me to be a great business partner to my hiring managers and to support finance and our business. I have had a team of 8+ and made a career switch and am supporting talent solo - it really enables me to use my time well. The scheduling feature is quick and easy for large interview panels. The tool to open phone screens with blocks of times saves me hours in scheduling. It's a live tool - anything I add it updated automatically. Lever gives you the ability to have contagious transparency with your hiring manager and other team members.
This tool has all the features I need. It's priced very well in the market. Lever integrates with my other top partners.
The support I have received from Lever is also like no other. Kudos to you, Lever.

Cons: So far the only thing on my 'wish' list is when we have pre-qualifying questions that if someone answers 'no' to something we need to be a 'yes' that it would send an automatic email. My support team takes this feedback and looks to incorporate it into their future roll-outs for the tool. Which I love... my voice is heard as a customer.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/05
Molly K.
Senior Recruiter
Accounting, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/01

"We have loved our switch to Lever!"

Pros: We implemented Lever at the beginning of this year and are very happy overall with our switch. We originally chose to go with Lever because we liked how "candidate-centric" this platform was over other systems. We wanted an ATS that streamlined our application process, screening, and made scheduling a breeze and overall, we have found that! The implementation and customer service team has been top-notch with Lever. Along the way, we have received answers to our questions right away. The videos and tutorials have been extremely helpful and the feedback response rate from our interviewers has increased. The integration with Microsoft Office365 with a single log-on process was well-received with our interview teams. Our company fills a majority of our entry-level hires through campus recruiting and Lever has allowed us to organize our applications by school, events, position, etc. which has helped our team organize our campus recruiting efforts. We are also beginning to implement Lever "Nurture" to help with our recruiting campaigns and to help us recruit "passive candidates." Overall, we are pleased with Lever and its functionality. We would recommend it completely.

Cons: The ease of use of reporting could be better, but Lever seems to be continually pushing out new updates.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/01
Brie O.
Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/14

"Easy and useful tool but often needs work arounds for special processes."

Pros: - easy to navigate
- simple setup and settings management
- easy tracking of candidates and pipeline
- bulk actions
- collaboration: Notes features and secret notes
- Organization of tool, specifically on profiles: easy to find information and like that the features are separated out (Notes, Feedback, etc.)
- Integration with GCal and Gmail and Docusign
- can have agencies submit into the tool
- customizable feedback forms

Cons: - hard to customize certain processes
- can't customize access for all employees
- some features are unclear without explanation; help text sometimes doesn't provide clarity for the functionality
- difficult to build future pipelines or "project folders" for future sourcing
- agencies can't track their candidates in the tool (agency portal) so we have to manually keep them updated
- overall management of everyone's Lever access -- experienced many bugs in the backend and reoccurring issues

• Reviewed on 2017/12/14
Co-Founder | Sales | Talent Acquisition Coach
Staffing & Recruiting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/12

"The best ATS I've found"

Comments: Having past experience from using Lever, I knew it was my go-to ATS when I started my own recruitment company. Although not originally intended for external recruitment agencies, I find it to be a useful tool for our work as well – as a result we might not use all the features (e.g. the agency platform), but for all intents and purposes it's the best tool I've found. Customer service has been great, the only downside being that as there's no local support in Europe, we usually have to wait until the next day to get a reply. Not a big issue, but worth noting anyway. If you want to customize the recruitment pipeline steps and archive reasons you can't do it yourself, so in that sense it's not the fastest tool to modify on the go. Still, it's a great tool overall!

Pros: - Ease of use
- Useful features
- Customer service
- Integrations and extensions

Cons: - No local support in Europe --> takes a while to get replies to queries
- Customization has to be done through Lever support, can't update the recruitment pipeline or archive reasons by yourself
- The job ads created through Lever don't look very nice

• Reviewed on 2018/11/12
Vanessa S.
Director, Talent Acquisition
Philanthropy, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/04

"Completely changed our experience"

Comments: Overall, I’m pleased that we made the transition.

Pros: Both the candidate experience exponentially improved and the hiring managers love being in the system and having access to potential hires. On the recruitment side : Lever is pretty intuitive. Functionality and features are similar to social media sites you’re likely already using. The turn around time for implementation was pretty impressive given the nature of our organization’s federated model. The team is helpful and accessible throughout implementation. Transitioning into support was bitter sweet but the team has been just as great. The system doesn’t have everything we want but the Lever team does make a concerted effort to solution with us on other options or discussing whether it can be put on the road map.

Cons: Reporting could use some enhancements. We have multiple instances that we had created for our organization but there isn’t a way that allows for insight into all of them from a macro perspective.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/04
David Y.
Program Manager
Education Management
  • Reviewed on 2017/04/14

"Game Changer for Our Organization"

Comments: We're mid-sized non-profit organization that entered a growth phase that required lots of hiring. Our system for tracking applicants was spread across multiple Google docs that worked when we were just starting out but quickly became inadequate to manage our growth needs.
I'm so thankful to have found Lever. Their customer service is beyond anything I've experienced before. They took our google docs and imported it all into Lever's system, making the transition seamless. It quickly became apparent that more of our staff could get involved in the hiring process and it thankfully didn't require laborious training sessions. Staff simply logged on and figured it out - it's that easy. What's more, we started using Lever for our intern recruitment and hiring, something I hadn't even thought about when choosing Lever. It's utility has surpassed my expectations.
I really don't like to give perfect scores when rating, but I struggle to think of a way that Lever could be improved. When I do, I'm sure I could give Lever that feedback and the improvement would be made.
Thanks Lever! It reinforces that I made the right decision when my staff come to me and say Thanks goodness for Lever!

Pros: It's comprehensive in its functionality. Every need I have for managing the hiring process is met. Furthermore, its super easy to learn, which has mean that I haven't needed to train my staff on its use - a huge time save for me.

Cons: The only thing I would like is to be able to have a custom pipeline for each position for which I'm hiring.

• Reviewed on 2017/04/14
Hermina K.
Director, Global Talent Acquisition
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/31

"The best decision we made for our Talent Acquisition team!"

Comments: It was and has been a world class experience from the moment, I first spoke to the Lever team, to the demo stage, through the final review and negotiation stage to implementation. The sales team was excellent and very flexible in speaking with our internal teams before we decided to purchase the product. Their knowledge, flexibility and patience was amazing. Once we purchased Lever, we were assigned a Customer Success Manager. He knew the product well and was an awesome implementation resource for our team at VC. He was an excellent project manager and kept the entire team on track with our tasks and timelines. It was truly a seamless implementation with him as our lead and my internal partners who worked tirelessly with him to migrate from our old ATS to Lever. I highly recommend Lever to any company that is looking to partner closely with their teams to attract and source top talent for their organizations.

Pros: ease of use, transparency, easier to collaborate, open communication, intuitive, fluid, ideal for a global company, partnership with Linkedin, Nurture program, shortens the time for applicants, open API,

Cons: very recruitment specific and needs more flexibility on the headcount and budget piece for companies that work closely with their finance teams, needs more flexibility around approvers for reqs, there should be a Lever app for mobile and would be nice to be able to just to click through resumes to review

• Reviewed on 2018/05/31
Natasha A.
People Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/31

"Great so far!"

Comments: Implementation was a breeze thanks to Lever's team!

Pros: The two way calendar sync is a huge time-saver!

Cons: Some of the integrations are not available at the basic price point

• Reviewed on 2020/01/31
Simone H.
Recruiting Manager
501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/16

"Jam City has used lever for about a year and we've found it extremely helpful in streamlining our recruiting process."

Comments: Lever's been great, and the support team is always super helpful! Thank you!

Pros: - Easy to organize
- Easy to use
- Functional
- Easy to correspond with candidates, but also easy to communicate with manager in the tool

Cons: - Wish reporting focused on the reqs vs. the postings. It makes it very inaccurate for us and a lot of extra legwork on our side to determine our recruiters numbers / time to fills / actual openings /etc.
- It's annoying to send offer letters in lever. So easy if EVERYTHING aligns, however, recruiting is so dynamic start dates are constantly changing, salary negotiations, sign by dates change - this becomes bulky and we have to re-submit the whole offer (since our executive team approves - this has lead to some confusion and we start to operate outside of lever, which I don't like)

• Reviewed on 2018/04/16
Recruiting Lead
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/04

"Best ATS Ever Made...A Pleasure to Use & Saves Time!"

Comments: It has saved us so many person hours in scheduling and it gives us so much passive recruiting functionality we were missing with Greenhouse.

Pros: I adore Lever. the UX is amazing, simple and soooo intuitive. Lever has saved us so much time doing scheduling and daily ATS activities and the team loves it. It's SUCH an improvement over Greenhouse. They're also amazing about implementing our feature requests. All my pet peeves are gone. It's so fabulous.

Cons: When you click into reports, sometimes the dates default to the last date you used so the data appears incomplete. It's possible to spend some time sending emails to support before you realize it's an issue of selecting a date. But I bet they'll have a solution for this soon. We have it in as a feature request.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/04
Brian everett K.
People Experience and Engagement Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017/04/11

"Great product and excited to start using it to the fullest!"

Comments: Lever is a very easy to use product with tons of benefits. It has helped me streamline so many steps in the talent acquisition process and is very user friendly. The software allows everyone to collaborate with each other and the customer support/set up team was awesome. They were highly engaged and were always on hand to assist me. There is a wealth of resources available to you as a user and the service is very response. Loved the customer support and sales team from the first day I contacted them to the end of the set up process. They were very friendly and helpful. Lever truly wants you to succeed and offers many tools to support you. The software program also integrates with many other systems to help streamline the hiring process. I would highly recommend this recruiting tool to anyone out there. Our dedicated Implementation Specialist was a tremendous help and always available to answer my questions. The customer representative who showed me the demo and helped "seal the deal" was super informative and ensured I was comfortable with each step of the process. Great product, great support, and great team to work with. I am super excited to continue partnering with Lever! Thank you for all your help.

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: Design dashboard is dull. Could be more vibrant or colorful but this issue is minimal in the bigger scheme of things.

• Reviewed on 2017/04/11
Talent Acquisition Lead
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/31

"Great product and smooth implementation"

Comments: Candidate focused recruiting and straightforward for users. Great and quick implementation.

Pros: I am just getting started using Lever, but I was extremely impressed with the implementation, I found our Implementation Specialist, extremely resourceful, helpful and had quick response times. I loved how they leveraged Asana to keep the project moving and it was easy to identify action items. I am a big list person, so this helped and I didn't have to worry about taking lots of notes on calls. I was sad to see the implementation end as I really enjoyed working with rep and wasn't ready to let go of the crutch. I really enjoy the product and how it's laid out with candidate focus unlike most other ATS's. This was my 3rd time implementing an ATS, and Lever has by far by the best experience to date.

Cons: Nothing major - the way the implementation goes is it links your job board quickly and you're learning as you go which I enjoy but if you're incorporating it into your process right away the hiring managers aren't trained and you're not a power user yet.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/31
Leah K.
People Ops
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/26

"Switched from Workable to Lever"

Pros: As the only in-house recruiter, Lever (Nurture) has drastically increased my productivity and boosted efficiency. It allows me to reach out to potential candidates at scale and automates a personalized drip campaign of emails to increase the likelihood that they'll want to chat. And as a hiring ATS, it is easy to use and has the majority of the features we need.

Cons: The product can be a bit buggy at times, and there are a few reporting features that I really would like them to add, such as an easy way to show time to hire/time to fill for each role. They show an average which is interesting, but I need specifics. They also don't have a mobile app.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/26
Michelle D.
Head of People
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/13

"Saves huge amounts of admin time"

Pros: The system has certainly saved me a LOT of admin time, which I appreciate considering we hired 8 people last month and wouldn't have been able to do that otherwise. Easy to get set up and easy to use. Take the time to get set up properly and use the workflows, i.e. easybook links, to maximise time savings.

Cons: It's an investment up front and obviously have to train the team to get up and running smoothly, but worth the effort and an intuitive interface.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/13
Kiersten S.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Accounting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/04/27

"Great ATS!"

Pros: - User friendly/intuitive system
- Candidate focused - all communications with the recruiting team, hiring teams, scheduling interviews, and feedback are all automated through Lever. There are no manual processes!
- An adaptable system that you can make what you want/need out of it.

Cons: - Doesn't fully integrate with Outlook which has caused some minor inconveniences e.g. our outlook calendar invites that are sent from the system don't have reminders automatically set in them (15 minute warning prior to interview) and our interview team has to manually delete them off their calendars if an interview is cancelled.

• Reviewed on 2017/04/27
Alexandra H.
Recruiting Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/22

"Easy to use. Mostly self explanatory. Great support videos and support staff."

Comments: Ease of workflow. Everything needed for tracking applicants is one place.

Pros: Ease of use. I love that there is one menu that takes you to everything. Candidates are easy to review, notifications are purposeful and not too intrusive, and it's so easy to train employees how to use. Also having everything integrated with gmail/google cal is incredible! The ability to leave feedback, or review a candidate profile, add notes and a number of other features available to do through email is an incomparable feature, in my opinion. Also, that you are able to book conference rooms and see interviewers availability is absolutely integral to ease of workflow.

Cons: The layout could be a little more user friendly. I wish I could see interview booking details in the same place as the feedback. Also, the easy book feature, while great in theory, still has some issues to be resolved, though the availability of the feature itself is still pretty great.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/22