Patriot Accounting Reviews

by Patriot Software

Filter by:

• Overall

About Patriot Accounting

Affordable, easy, yet powerful accounting for small business owners and their accountants. Streamline your money management.

Learn more about Patriot Accounting

Larry N.
Construction, 11-50 Employees

"Honesty"

Comments: Patriot software is great for a small business tho it is a little clunky its workable.

Pros: Recording payments is very easy tho at times I forget to hit the save button. Also the payroll is very easy and smooth to use.

Cons: Cant partial pay a invoice (like sending a deposit) very annoying. The whole invoice part is very clunky not smooth at all. Same with seeing Bills from vendors. Also on invoicing It would be nice to be able to have spaces in the reference (we use addresses and codes). It helps our customers see what address we billed for. I wish you could also on the invoice have the comments above the billing portion. Overall a little bit of letting us change the format of some of the built in forms would be nice

Kim S.
Business Manager
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/03

"Patriot Software"

Comments: I have lots of questions on bank reconciliation. The customer service help I received on my various questions was excellent. Everyone is so knowledgeable and very pleasant.

Pros: Customer service is top notch. When ever I have a question, it is answered either by chat, phone call or searching through the system. Very user friendly.

Cons: I don't like the preset invoice number when creating an invoice. I would like that to be blank. I have my own invoice number to enter, so I need to delete the preset before entering my own.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/03
Edward C.
Attorney
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/06

"Easy to use and responsive customer service"

Comments: I do not use Patriot Accounting

Pros: This software is easy to set up and even easier to use. I work for a small firm with only a couple of employees. Our payroll needs are fairly simple and Patriot is intuitive and has robust information available when needed.

Cons: There is nothing I dislike about Patriot. I guess it would be nice if there was a mobile app that allowed me to run payroll remotely from my desktop.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/06
Bernadette P.
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/26

"Great software for small business"

Comments: Overall stellar service and database

Pros: User friendly options and customer service

Cons: There really wasn’t much that I’ve come across that I did not like

• Reviewed on 2021/01/26
Darrell W.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/15

"Perfect solution for small to midsized businesss"

Comments: It may sound like I work for the company but honestly if anyone were yo ask me what is the best overall experience I have with software or a subscription service of this type I think patriot would be it based on the ease of use and amazing product support.

Pros: The system is super easy to use and understand and works as it should. Not buggy like some other big name accounting programs. Also if I need support I can honestly say the support team is is ready, willing and qualified to help and they will take the time needed to be sure my issue is handled. To the point that I am amazed at the time and care they take.

Cons: Every so often there is something I have trouble finding ( but support helps me!) part of that may be because I am not an accountant. But even those issues are rare and they are always adding nice features to make my job easier.

Senior Financial Analyst
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/07

"User friendly accounting software with good customer service based support"

Comments: In short, I would say that it is the best fit for those who are looking for a system with affordable prices and userfriendly. I recommend this accounting system as a well-satisfied user.

Pros: This software as I mentioned in the title it is extremely user-friendly for even non-finance people and also those who are new to accounting and SME business. I have been using it and most of the time I could manage by myself without getting information from my data entry assistant due to their well-organized features. Moreover, if I do need to get any assistance from their customer support team, always address immediately to my queries without any delay. It was great since we were busy clients and fulfill our requirements with full satisfaction. At last, but not least their prices are more affordable as much as lower and value for paid money.

Cons: I just experienced a few problems at the beginning with setting up the system, But there are plenty of video tutorials available for troubleshooting that are very useful and the customer service is very effective and readily available to address our queries then and there to resolve

• Reviewed on 2020/03/07
Victor E.
Victor E.
Bookkeeper
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/21

"Great!"

Comments: my overall experience with Patriot Accounting it has been amazing! I literaly started my own business with them!

Pros: this is a great product for someone that is either new to the accounting business, there is a "how to" video in every part of the software.

Cons: there is not much to say about this topic, however some older generation would appreciate a desktop version

• Reviewed on 2021/01/21
Melissa S.
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/16

"Best payroll and invoicing software!"

Comments: I love it! Super easy and responsive customer support

Pros: Everything in one place and I had no idea what I was doing. Patriot made it easy.

Cons: I wish the reporting feature had more export to excel functions for filing my commercial liability, NC101 ESC form and employee wages for Child support reports as well as other government support employees need info supplied by employers. When I run a report for a customer it would be nice to be able to save that or export. I would love to customize and save the customization of emails mailed within Patriot invoicing.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/16
Nancy C.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

"accounting"

Comments: While I like the initial attempt Patriot has with their software and really liked that they even did a zoom call with me a few months back to get my ideas on what I'd like to see, it's still just not as functional as I'm needing for accounting software. I was hoping to stop using my old software just so I could consolidate programs a bit, but the functionality is just not there yet, and my current accounting software has all the features I need (and it's free, so that's a plus.)

Pros: I liked that I could categorize different items and link to both credit cards and bank accounts

Cons: I did not like that I could not bulk-categorize transactions, even when they were identical like a recurring charge. I also would like to be able to manage multiple businesses from the same account.

Thomas C.
VP
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/24

"Patriot Accounting is a Great Solutions for Accounting and Payroll"

Comments: Very Good and I am hoping that I can find a way to use the product for my other companies.

Pros: Ability to work from Home, Office, or anywhere else is a huge plus.

Cons: The Date field is the only thing that I deal with every day. It should default to the current day.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/24
David W.
Sole Proprietor
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/05

"Fantastic customer support!"

Comments: Good product and excellent customer support.

Pros: Easy to input data and make journal entries

Cons: At first it was a little challenging to find/create financial reports but once you get used to it it works well.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/05
Ian K.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees

"overall excellent"

Comments: excellent

Pros: Its ease of using and its inexpensive and i like the efficiency of the customer service.

Cons: merging the bank account with the program

David F.
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/13

"Real accounting with good support"

Comments: More detailed accounting and I don't get so many questiona from my accountant about "why did you record the transaction that way"

Pros: Lower Price and has many more feature that I could word with

Cons: Takes a bit you get use to when switching from less functional accounting systems

by Patriot Software on 2019/09/06

Thanks for the great review David! We are thrilled to offer small business owners the option to enter transactions as cash basis, then give reports to their accountants as accrual basis with a click of a button. (Our customers' accountants are thrilled too!)

• Reviewed on 2019/08/13
Michelle J.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/28

"Perfect for Small Business"

Comments: Overall, Patriot Accounting has been very efficient and adequate for my payroll needs for both employees, subcontractors and vendors. I definitely appreciate that they take care of the hassles of filing reports with all the specific areas of government (unemployment, SS taxes, Medicare taxes, Federal taxes, etc.) I also appreciate that they make it easy to file 1099s and W-3/W-2s.

Pros: Patriot Software is easy to setup, easy to use, and they handle all the reports and payments to government. I like the direct deposit feature for payments to guarantee a proven transaction record for all payments.

Cons: I don't like the 3-business day delay in debits and direct deposits, nor do I like the extra fee if I need it sooner.

Brianna P.
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/17

"Patriot Payroll"

Comments: This is cost-effective and sold spending a lot of money on Payroll services which is always necessary if you can get away from when running a small business!

Pros: Everything is clear and polished on this user-friendly Payroll service!

Cons: Nothing because the very first time I was able to learn about this through my associate who also showed me how to set up the free trial and from there I went on and bought the service!

• Reviewed on 2020/02/17
Jennifer H.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/08

"I am blown away"

Comments: five star excellent experience

Pros: the software is very user friendly. even a novice can navigate the system. twice I have needed assistance on a more advanced accounting question and the support email system was fast, efficient, clear and gave me exactly what I needed to know!

Cons: nothing. I love it all and have zero complaints.

• Reviewed on 2021/07/08
David B.
Treasurer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

"All-around GREAT!"

Comments: Excellent documentation. Knowledgeable and responsive customer support.

Pros: The programming team listens to my suggestions. They effectively add more features and functionality that improves its usefulness.

Cons: I don't find anything to dislike. I can imagine either some more flexible reporting or additional reports, but I find reporting adequate as it is.

April A.
Dressage Trainer, Owner
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/21

"Patriot has been great for my small business!"

Comments: I have been very pleased with my experience with Patriot, and have already recommended to my friends.

Pros: I love the ease of use, and customer service, especially for someone who isn’t an accountant!

Cons: There isn’t anything to dislike, I just had to learn my way around the software.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/21
Hiren P.
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/12

"Best Product for Accounting for smaller companies"

Pros: Excellent product for keeping track of income vs expenses and invoices

Cons: The account sections interface and toll navigations needs to be easy to access

• Reviewed on 2021/01/12
Brian S.
Partner
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/11

"Only One Option for CC processing"

Comments: Everything was fine except for getting CreditCard Processing setup.

Pros: Customer support for everything but the credit card processing was great. Pretty Simple to use. You so need to be more of an accountant than you do with Quickbooks.

Cons: There is only on Option for a credit card processor and the customer support for this is awful. If your application is denied there is no clear appeals process. Getting the application reset was a nightmare. The Credit Card processor points you at Patriot for support and Patriot points you to the Credit Card Process for support. After fighting with this for two weeks i switched to Quickbooks.

Josh F.
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/11

"Great option for small business"

Comments: Patriot helps keep me organized so I can spend my time on other tasks.

Pros: Affordable and provides easy access for employer and employee.

Cons: Customer service hard to get a hold to fix a tax issue we had. It eventually got resolved, but it was a hassle. I wish it had a few more features.

Paul R.
COO
Investment Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/18

"Great product for a great price"

Comments: Like Patriot Payroll, would recommend it to everyone looking for a do it yourself payroll company.

Pros: I like that I can make multiple payroll runs at a single time and do not have to go in every week to submit payroll.

Cons: Making changes to presubmitted payroll isn't easy

• Reviewed on 2021/01/18
Balwant S.
Accounting
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/07

"I have used the software mainly for payroll. Extremely happy and outstanding support."

Comments: Did not use accounting feature.

Pros: Very easy to use and outstanding customer suppport.

Cons: Nothing so far. I have used only the payroll feature.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/07
Dan H.
Broker/Owner
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

"Valuable Time Saver"

Pros: They do all the work for me. I don't have to remember the quarterly taxes, the direct deposit feature is a time saver and paper reducer and making 1099's & W-2's is effortless.

Cons: At this time I can not think of a con to this program

Stephanie N.
Childcare Provider
Primary/Secondary Education, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/09

"Just What a Small Business Needed"

Pros: When I started hiring employees for the first time the paperwork intimidated me. Patriot kept that from becoming a barrior as I expanded my small business.

Cons: I can't really complain about anything! Good work.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/09