• Overall
    3,8 /5
    3,7 /5
    4,1 /5

About Smartcare

Manage your center more effectively and efficiently resulting in higher revenue, higher staff retention, and improved student safety.

Learn more about Smartcare

Autumn S.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/19

"Program design needs lots of work"

Comments: Rough start. After reading online reviews I see I am not the only one and suggest the program developers work quickly at addressing the concerns from users...most concerns are addressed over and over and yet changes have not been made. How hard can it be to organize everything by first name or last name or some common denominator? Right now its very confusing and time consuming going between families, children, payment and accounting when every single category is organized differently.

Pros: I love that I can access it from my smartphone while away from the office. I also really like the group emailing feature.

Cons: 1) The number of steps it takes to do things is time consuming and completely unnecessary. Streamline everything to be more organized and functional. 2) The "Report" section needs a lot of work and even very simple parent statements are not possible. The filtering option only works on some reports but is needed all the time. 3) Billing has had a very rough start for us as well as our families. 4) Parent APP needs to notify parents of the 2.85% credit/debit convenience change BEFORE they choose that method of payment. Being notified after inputting their card information is a waste of time and seen as being sneaky. 5) Having to have a PC, Tablet and Ipad to use all features is ridiculous. Streamline everything.

by Smartcare on 2018/10/23

Thank you for your feedback, Autumn -

It is our pleasure to assist you in locating our Online Resources for you and your Staff!

We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here:

User Guides
*Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager.

We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university

Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at [email protected] - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837.

Starr M.
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/17

"Transitioning from our previous child care management system to SmartCare was simple."

Comments: The most advantageous benefit is that it is web-based! As noted in the 'pros' I have found many benefits to the program.

Pros: I love that SmartCare is web-based, allowing families to see their account in real time. The 'bug' feature is very user friendly and a simple way to make suggestions for added features. New features are added regularly to make the program work for the child care industry. The customer service and support in the transition process has been incredibly helpful while transitioning to this program. I have been amazed with the response time from customer support and account managers. My families have been very positively responsive to the switch to SmartCare and seem to prefer it to our previous two programs. Overall we are very happy with our decision to use SmartCare!

Cons: There are a few features that I would find very helpful (such as a notes section for each family) and the option to add a start and/or end date for a family's tuition plan. However, I know they take customer suggestions seriously so I am hopeful that it is only a matter of time before some of the features are added that I currently consider a 'con'. The only other con is that the billing periods are not super clear. When a family receives a weekly tuition charge it isn't clear what dates the charge covers.

Starr,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback!

We are so thrilled to hear you have had an outstanding experience with SmartCare and that you love that our software is web-based.

At Smartcare we are very happy to be able to deliver our software to your Center and we look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today!

Sharon D.
Owner/Director
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/19

"Some parts we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! They are still working out some bugs."

Pros: Love electronic sign IN/OUT, attendance and meal tracking, and the ease of communication with one or all parents. Smartcare has always been there to help when we needed it. They are quick to respond to bugs reported.

Cons: I wish you could maintain families from one screen instead of having to do billing from children, account maintenance from accounting . I don't like swapping from listing by Last name in some places then first name in others, We do not use the Payments tab that shows family icons due to them being in random order. Our center is large so we would have to look through 22 rows of 6 icons to find the family that is trying to pay. PDF reports waist too much paper, need to economize. Excel reports do not have totals, and often have excessive amounts of data making them impossible to print all columns on one page without changing column widths and manually deleting columns. We cannot accurately maintain agency ledger cards due to not being able to charge and credit them. We will have to wait until August or September for the update to fix this. In the mean time my list for adjustments is getting longer.

Sharon,
Thank you so much for your feedback!
We're so happy to hear you love some features of our software as the electronic sing IN/OUT, attendance, meal tracking, among others and we have been able to be there when you have need us to help you.

We strive to provide the BEST Childcare Software - in our Industry and due to our growth and our industry's demand - we expect to continue to update our software to meet those needs.

We appreciate your business & look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today!

As always, please feel free to reach out to us direct and we will be happy to assist!

• Reviewed on 2018/07/19
Kelly M.
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/26

"Smartcare Review"

Comments: Overall I have been pretty happy. I don't think it's perfect, but there are enough good aspects to make me not look elsewhere for another option. Customer service has been excellent and I believe they will continue to improve it.

Pros: Tuition payments online, timeline posts and child sign in via app all make my life as Director easier. Customer service is good. All representatives have been very responsive. User manuals are well done.

Cons: I wish I didn't need to download reports to customize them. I wish there were report that I used to use on Childcare Manager. I miss the emergency report that would print out children in attendance and emergency contacts for fire drills. I wish parents could fill in their own contact information, their authorized pick up people. This take a lot of work on my part every summer.

by Smartcare on 2019/10/10

Hi Kelly,
Thank you for your positive comments and suggestions. I have shared your wish list with our tech team. Don't be afraid to reach out to our support team if you ever want assistance. They may have ideas that can save you time. Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 2019/09/26
Robin A.
Teacher
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/21

"Needs updates to run more quicly"

Comments: We are able to cummunicate with our parents so easily with Smartcare. We live in an era when people don't want to answer the phone but they will respond to a notification almost immediately. This has been very beneficial to our center.

Pros: I love that I can find students class by class. From a Director point of view I am able to search for individual children. You can sort children by several different methods which is nice.

Cons: Checking children in or out of the center is incredibly time consuming. There are several steps for each child just to check them into the center and then several steps again to check them out. The software is not fast, especially when using a tablet, so this process of checking in and out can take upwards of 1 minute per child. Teachers just don't have this kind of time to spend on taking roll. Our center continues to use paper rolls because of this issue. Please set up the check in a whole class at one time!

Robin,
Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources!

• Reviewed on 2018/10/21
Jennifer B.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/22

"SmartCare In a Small School"

Pros: I like that all the family information is at my fingertips. Anything I want to be included can be entered and accessible. There are many options for reports available, and that helps as long as you have entered information correctly.

Cons: When you enter a family into the system, they do not automatically receive an invite to use the app for payments. There is also a charge for each time a parent makes a payment, and that is a hard sell to parents in a small center like ours.

Jennifer,

• Reviewed on 2018/10/22
Tuan A.
Owner / Admin
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/10

"Overall great product with features and functionality that help run a Preschool business seemlessly"

Comments: As mentioned previously enrollment, payments and accounting features are most valuable.

Pros: Accounting, payments and enrollment features work well. Reports work for the most part. The ones that work are helpful.

Cons: Overall performance issues, lack of regression testing prior to new release. Each new release creates new bugs and breaks existing functionality. During system outage there is a lack of communication to end-users. They functionality that works perfect without prior communication. Time reporting functionality does not work, especially is not compliant for State of California

Tuan,

Thank you so much for your review on SmartCare! We truly appreciate the feedback from our clients, as it is instrumental to our mutual growth and continued success.

We're positively delighted to be able to provide our Customers with all the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! that's why we value your comments.

At SmartCare our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you.

Amanda K.
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/12

"I use it as a parent and administrator. Love the parent features hate the administrative side."

Comments: Keeps track of the children in child care. Somewhat helps in creating statements for families

Pros: I like receiving pictures of my little one and knowing in real time what is happening at her school. As an administrator I like that we have two centers and I can accesss the information from anywhere! This means I can check it on my phone if I get a call about an employee or child and not have to run to the center every few minutes.

Cons: Reports are awful! They lack in the ability to edit them as needed or customize anything. When you make a change and then try to print PDF, the PDF shows different than what you just created. There are not the right reports for parents using flex and we have had to use our old software to generate statements that qualify for reimbursement.

by Smartcare on 2018/10/02

• Reviewed on 2018/07/12
Ambreen L.

"CRM to Smartcare user"

Comments: Overall, I have been pretty disappointed with the app, the technical support, the usability, and the reporting.

Pros: I like the ease of running payments and the kiosk.

Cons: I do not like how difficult it is to void accounting mistakes. The reporting to make deposits also makes it very unclear to account for what each customer paid. It does not allow for me to create a schedule for each child. For example, a child comes to school 3 days a week, but where can I log which three days and for what hours? This software isn’t user friendly at all. Even teachers should have their own app to document students, but have to log on to the actual website every time. We haven’t even introduced teachers to timelines yet, as we are still trying to grasp the admin part of it.

Ambreen,

Alicia M.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/23

"Not sure it works for us"

Comments: We have brought all of these issues up to the support team, and they always assure us they are working on it and changes will be coming. We have yet to see them in a timely manner.

Pros: We can easily sign children in and out in real time, and that parents can have an app on their phones.

Cons: There are many things that we need the program to do, that it doesn't do. For example, we want to be able to see all the transactions on an account at once instead of downloading separate statements. Reports are not user friendly, manual charges cannot be entered by child, and parents cannot make partial payments. The app needs to be on one device. It seems silly to be carrying around two devices.

Alicia,

Tiffany F.
Assistant Diretor
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/10

"It's been challenging and find it unforgiving for mistakes."

Comments: Currently don't feel as though we have any.

Pros: The bug icon. The ability to reach customer support immediately has been our life saver with the system.
We also enjoy the set up of each family once you are in the family portal.

Cons: It seems like there are many kinks still in the system. Here are a few things that we have found challenging, The email access for parents and the need to archive parents. The report center isn't as useful as the report center in Childcare manager. There is not a great report for payroll. The system does not transfer to quickbooks. Accounts aren't any special order and are not alphabetically consistent. We have been in SmartCare for 3 months and it

by Smartcare on 2018/10/02

• Reviewed on 2018/10/31

"Smart Care Review"

Comments: The major benefit is like what I said before in that parents can see each day what their bill is and how long
their child was at daycare. It is nice to pull up different reports and print them off.

Pros: I really like the customer support that I received when I first started using Smart Care. They were helpful but also very nice about answering my questions.
I also like the fact that parents can use their phones to not only see what their bill is but also to pay their bill online.

Cons: I have had a hard time figuring out how to send emails to parents.
I also am not sure if there is a way to separate the bill when two different parents pay for separate weeks

• Reviewed on 2018/10/31
Denise F.
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/10

"SmartCare makes the registration process, parent communication, and employee activity so easy."

Pros: I like the ability to print reports about almost anything that is happening in the center. From registration of children to their daily activities on their timelines, it is easy for me to track exactly what is going on with each child. The employee information and schedules is also an attractive aspect.

Cons: The constant bugs and amount of time it takes to fix them. Even though there seems to be daily updates to the program, there are still software irregularities.

Denise,

We're very happy to hear that our software makes for your center the registration process, parent communication and employee activity so easy.

At SmartCare we appreciate your business and we look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you.

T H.
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/01

"VERY Disappointed in this software."

Comments: I am VERY Disappointed in this software. I am the accountant for a company that is using SC. Although the center likes the program for child care it is one of the worst programs for accounting. There is NO way to match what was charged from the parent to what was actually deposited into our bank account. They split the deposits up and bunch others up so it is impossible to track. They do not tell you how much, other than just giving a percentage, of how much they are keeping. Therefore due to rounding issues, it's always just a guess (and that is NOT the way I keep books)! When we ask for verification of what has actually been deposited they send us a report that doesn't match what our bank account shows as a deposit. Customer service (or our member CSR) is clueless when it comes to the accounting pieces.
Their so called accounting reports also stink. Although you can click on download into Excel, you have to be a master at Excel to know how to convert the numbers into true numbers. You can NOT use the reports to add or Sum multiple cells unless you change the formatting.
I am still waiting to see if their accounting department can find the $1000 that didn't make it into our bank account.
Update (12/16): After writing my review Smartcare contacted me to help straighten out some of my issues. They sent me an Excel file of all deposits, I wish we could run this file from SC without having to contact them, but I was told that at this time the only way to get an Excel report with all information is to contact them so they can create the file. Anyway, I matched up the 6 months of deposits to their spreadsheet and it looks like the funds were deposited correctly. I now have a work around for this, when SC sends my director an email about the deposits she then forwards it to me (they can not send it to two different people). I type all the information into a spreadsheet and match it with my bank deposits. It still takes a lot of my time but this is the only way I can find out who paid their payments and to ensure we receive what is due to us. Maybe it's my untrusting nature but I need to make sure we are receiving what is owed to us and the extra hours I put into it gives me peace of mind. It's my understanding that they are working on this issue but I have not been given a timeline as to when they expect to have a fix for all the manual work in regards to accounting.

Pros: Nothing

Cons: Downloads are not compatible with Excel unless you are a master at Excel.
Can't match amounts collected from parents to amounts deposited into our bank.
Report section should have "favorites" list or most recent reports so you don't have to scroll through everyone of them to find the one that you use all the time.

by SmartCare on 2016/12/13

Hi Theresa,

I am sorry to hear that you are still frustrated with SmartCare, even following our discussion last month. I know that our finance team worked closely with you and the director at your center to ensure that all payments were accurately tracked and deposited into your account. We have offered to schedule multiple calls with you since that initial call to ensure you feel comfortable using our system. Although we have not yet heard back from you, please know that we are willing to set up a call at any time you feel there may be inconsistencies within the accounting system. We want to make sure you and all SmartCare customers are happy with the system and if there is anything we can do to change your opinion now, or in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out. I personally will be available to answer any questions you may have.

Sara Miller

• Reviewed on 2016/11/01
Barbara O.
Preschool Director
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/09

"Just went onboard with Smartcare and love it!"

Pros: We are a medium sized child care center with 100 students. We've used Childcare Manager for seven years and love it but found there are limitations regarding tuition intake online and online check-in/out. Smartcare has addressed all of our tuition intake via ACH/credit/debit and this has had such a positive response from our parents!! Our parents are reminded a week prior to due dates and have the opportunity to schedule exactly when they want funds withdrawn. Additionally, Smartcare is extremely affordable, super easy to use and check-in and out is a breeze. Plus, the vast number of reports that we can download compares favorably to the report center of CCM. So far, we are very pleased!

Cons: We haven't used every aspect of Smartcare yet so currently, we haven't been disappointed with our experience.

by SmartCare on 2017/11/14

Barbara,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback!

We are thrilled to hear that your Center is having such a seamless experience with our software, and that your Parents are responding positively to all of the features we offer.

SmartCare is very happy to be able to deliver our software to your Center and appreciate your business.

Our goal is always to exceed your center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you.

SmartCare - Sales & Marketing Account Executive

• Reviewed on 2017/11/09
Alyssa D.
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/25

"Excellent! I love the ease of SmartCare. The reports are so handy!"

Comments: Streamlined my life and day!

Pros: I like that it is user-friendly. It doesn't take a lot of effort to figure out and that you can use it on a mobile phone or tablet.

Cons: I wish that it did not have to upgrade so often. I also wish that he credit card payment option could be turned off.

by SmartCare on 2018/01/23

Alyssa,
Thank you very much for your review on SmartCare!
We are thrilled to hear that you have a mostly seamless experience with SmartCare, for your Center and staff.
We do have suggestions with the challenges you are experiencing. We're here to help - just ask us and we'd be happy to assist you!
As always, we encourage our clients to reach out to their Customer Success Manager for your questions, suggestions and requests for assistance.
I am also available to assist you - anytime. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to improve our Software and Services.
We want to make sure that your Center continues to have a positive experience!

SmartCare - Sales & Marketing Account Executive

• Reviewed on 2017/10/25
Lakeisha B.
Individual & Family Services, 2-10 Employees

"Great software!"

Comments: Great tool with a great price! I am able to complete all tasks using Smartcare whereas I had to use multiple platforms to complete tasks before.

Pros: I am able to communicate with parents, create invoices, communicate with staff, create schedules, and many other things on one platform as opposed to using different software to complete all tasks needed for daily use. It is very convenient and saves a lot of time for me!

Cons: Creating multiple notes for each task per child. Parents receive several messages a day because there is not a way to record multiple things for a given child at one time.

Lakeisha,

Wayne W.
Director of education
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/17

"Excellent. Exactly what we needed when we needed it."

Comments: More time less
Planning

Pros: Accessibility and ease are great. Works great for time keeping, employee records, student records and other things that are required.

Cons: Needs to be better able to manage students locations and is often hard to add a teacher that is also a parent. Once the email address is in there is no way to remove it.

Wayne,

Thank you so much for your great feedback!

We are so glad to hear that you have had a seamless experience with our software and that our intuitive interface is easy to use and very accessible. Smartcare is very happy to be able to deliver our software to your Center and that is why we appreciate your comments so we can continue to improve week by week .

Danielle O.
Office Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/10

"Smart are is easy to use and it gets all the information we need in one place."

Comments: Ease of use and organization of the office.

Pros: I like that I can access all of our center information from any computer, not just in the office. It helps on days when you need to take care of something. But you're not at the office.

Cons: There are some things that you can only do from the iPad or from the computer, not both. It would be nice if you could do everything from the ipad as well as the computer.

Danielle,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback!
We are so thrilled to hear that SmartCare is easy to use and gets all the information you need in one place.

We're positively elated to be able to provide our Customers with all of the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! that's why we value your feedback.

We look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you.

Kristin S.
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/27

"Works Well for Large Centers"

Comments: We continue to use it in the same way we used Child Care Manager. There are several features that we don't use and do not need but hope to introduce those in the future.

Pros: The migration of data from Child Care Manager

Cons: Too many different features from Child Care Manager.....needed more ability to change data

by Smartcare on 2019/09/30

Hi Kristin,
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your positive comments!

• Reviewed on 2019/09/27
Kelly S.
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees

"Lots of Functions!"

Comments: We are still learning everything but I do think it will be great when we are more familiar. The staff are amazing and are always there to help us.

Pros: You can do so much with Smartcare. Love the online bill pay. Parents love being able to log in and see their account and make a payment.

Cons: The software is not user friendly. We are still trying to figure out how to do things. Seems like a lot of steps to add or change anything. The family is all separate and I think it would be easier if I could just tap on a family name and be able to do anything.

Kelly,

April S.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/30

"Director"

Comments: I think it has helped us be more efficient and there is still a lot we are learning.

Pros: I like the parent feature for parent communication. It has helped us keep in touch with parents more frequently.

Cons: At times there are things I wish the software had for reports such as being able to pull the time sheet report with all employees at one time with them separated by employee on pages. Timeline app it would be nice to have dry option for diaper changes, especially when a child has frequent dry diapers.

April,

• Reviewed on 2018/10/30
Heather R.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/28

"Smartcare Review"

Comments: I’ve not switched to a new software because I’ve invested a lot of time into this one. I will give it another 7 months before I find a new software.

Pros: That I can access it from my phone and laptop.

Cons: It could be more user friendly.
Messaging is lacking the ability to email individual people or cc.
Many Reports are hard to navigate through
I have to switchback and fourth between family and accounting.
I find the overall process of things has to many steps and back and fourth between screens.

Heather,

• Reviewed on 2018/10/28
Stacy W.
Administrative assistant

"Nice easy to use"

Pros: Clocking in staff and kids is easy when they forget their qr card. Update technology. I love that you can get the app and clock in with it.

Cons: Not able to delete payments are charges that have been entered. I would also do away with flu vaccine option since it is not a requirement vaccine.

Stacy,
Thank you so much for your review on SmartCare. We truly appreciate the feedback from our clients.
We are so happy to hear that you have found that our software offers a variety of usable functions.

We appreciate your business and we look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you.

Preschool Director
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees

"Great new tool!"

Comments: So far we are happy and looking forward to added functionality

Pros: We love the ease of use for parents as well as for managment of childcare fees.

Cons: We need to be able to track real classroom attendance (not just sign-in) as well as filter reports by agency spcecific fields (such as funding source).

Dear customer,