• Overall
    4,3 /5
    4,3 /5
    4,1 /5

About Itemize

Fast receipt scanning and easy expense reporting on the go or in the office. Don't settle for standard. Itemize.

Learn more about Itemize

Freelance Writer and Editor
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/16

"Don’t Get Lost in the Shuffle: Receipt Tracking Made Easy"

Comments: This software is great, as it takes away so much of the hassle and frustration I’ve experienced in the past when trying to keep track of and categorized my receipts and expenses. It’s like hiring an accountant for $10 a month!

Pros: The fact that I am able to take a picture of my receipt and have the important information imported into Itemize saves time and frustration! Not only can I store my receipts digitally, without worrying about keeping the paper copy, but I can also save them on the Cloud and access them from any device.
Another great feature is the ability to sort through my receipts based on various categories. But, best of all: I’m able to create PDFs and import all of my expense information into programs like Quickbooks and Excel.

Cons: I’ve encountered some bugs while using the program; however, most problems have been fixed with their latest update. Unfortunately, the app can run a bit slow. I also wish that they would lower the price point for the premium version (the only version that is worth it), however, in the long run, I probably saved just as much on taxes by being able to itemize my expenses accurately as I have spent subscribing to this app.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/16
Chris C.
Administrative Support
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/22

"Itemize review"

Comments: Our accounting department has used this product extensively to save us time as we go through invoices. We no longer need to have an associate enter every invoice we have. We are able to significantly cut our time on this task.

Pros: This software helps parse data from receipts, invoices, and the like, and I love that there is a software that can do all of this automatically for me.

Cons: The API has caused some issues for our company, but we have been able to get great help from customer service, and our IT personnel have been able to quickly implement their assistance.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/22
Ramon V.
Real Estate Agent
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/08

"I like the app and use it to help me be more efficient with my time."

Comments: Efficiency and productivity

Pros: I like the ease of taking a photo of my receipts and having the app autofill the vendor and amount.

Cons: I do not like not being able to select pre-determined categories. I'd like a way to have a drop down of available categories to choose from.

Ivor G.
Construction, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/16

"Thanks to Itemize"

Comments: It costs money and isn’t cheap, but it works for me and I can claim it back next year.

Pros: It means I don’t need to keep each receipt when I purchase work related items, just create a custom search and in a second the report is there, with receipts too if you want them

Cons: That I have to manually create a report for the financial year

• Reviewed on 2018/11/16
Edward W.
Sales representive
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/26

"I enjoy the use of this app"

Comments: I have used it for over a year there are things i like and things are a little chunky that could work better like reading the tip on the reciept
If its clearly written in the right place.i do love i just take a picture and its there that part id great i would like a month review that i did bot havd to retrieve if it was email you print out keep the months then uou have the whole year. Instead of all the filters.

Pros: Picture ability

Cons: Need less filters and more main stream
Monthly account sent to email

by Itemize on 2016/10/26

Thanks for the great review! We are actually rolling out a monthly report mailing e-mail starting early November, keep an eye on your inbox! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] for future any suggestions or questions you may have!

Kevin O.
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/11

"This is just awesome."

Comments: I use this all the time on the go. It totally revolutionized my expenses and my client billing back for reimbursables..!

Pros: It's just so easy to navigate.

by Itemize on 2016/10/11

Thanks for the great review and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Itemize product! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you ever run into any issues!

• Reviewed on 2016/10/11
Bill M.
Casting director
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/26

"Keeps my bookkeeper happy !"

Comments: Fantastic tool very resourceful so many categories to choose from and you can even customize categories based upon your business needs I work in the motion picture industry and this is absolutely the best tool I've had for on the road bookkeeping ever

Pros: Having it in my pocket on an app is the best way to take a picture of a receipt and throw it away

Cons: It takes a little longer than I expected to actually load pictures of the receipts

by Itemize on 2016/10/26

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] for future any suggestions or questions you may have!

Courtney R.
Personal assistant
Human Resources, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/26

"Easy and straight forward"

Comments: I like it enough to keep using it, but if a comparable company were to pop up with excellent customer service, I'd switch in a heart beat.

Pros: I love how easy it is to take pictures of the receipts and have all the information pre-populate.

Cons: It is challenging to remove tags and categories after they have been added. The computer version is not easy to use. I had some challenges several months ago and could not reach a customer support agent. I also use this program for a few clients and it's not easy to log out/log in if you get the wrong information. For example, if I enter an incorrect email address the system will repeatedly ask me to sign up again. The repeated pop ups make it very challenging to enter a new email address.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/26
Johnny M.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

"Awesome app!!!"

Comments: I wasn't to sure at first with so many apps out there now but for a guy who works from morning to night as a Entrepreneur and has a 1 year old with me all day talk about an easy way to track everything. Great job guys !!! Thank you , John mcnerney Owner and CEO of RuthlessCowboys.com

Pros: Easy pics and keeps track of your receipts

Cons: Slow to add pics of receipts

Chris W.
Sales Representative
Construction, 201-500 Employees

"Expense Itemizer"

Comments: So far itemize has been a great tool for keeping a record of my tax write off expenses. After every expense I snap a photo, adjust price for tips if appropriate, save and whoala!!! I can go back and add notes if needed or simply review.

Pros: How quickly you can access, snap a photo, save and go!

Cons: Sometimes it doesn't gather the printed price and I need to manually input it.

Nate K.
Business Owner
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/13

"Awesome and Must Have!"

Comments: Can't live without this app. Great for my business! I use this for all of my expenses. Recommend for everyone.

Pros: Everything

Cons: Nothing

by Itemize on 2016/10/13

• Reviewed on 2016/10/13
Michelle C.
Developer
Broadcast Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/27

"Itemize is a great app"

Comments: It is making my business tracking so much simpler. I love that i reads all of the receipts i have sent by email and that taking photos of items converts so easily.

by Itemize on 2016/10/28

Thanks so much for the great review! If you ever have any suggestions or questions in the future please reach out to us at [email protected]

Paddy J.
Partner
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/18

"Best expense management app around"

Comments: It does exactly what it needs to, it keeps track of my expenses in a simple manner that also allows me to easily make reports end of the month to ensure I bill clients and keep my administration in check. Love it!

Pros: The app is so easy to use, and interfaces easily with excel to easily create reports I need.

Cons: The app could use some small adjustments to make it a little more attractive.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/18
Ron L.
Owner DMS Services
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/16

"Tax Man Loves it"

Comments: Very easy to use, and my tax person loves it, simply the best app to use to track a busy guy like me which travels all over the US for business. Its truly a GREAT app.

Pros: easy to use, easy to fine a receipt, nicely labeled.

Cons: NONE yet

by Itemize on 2016/12/12

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

• Reviewed on 2016/11/16
Joseph S.
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/05

"I'm hard to please....."

Comments: For a long time I needed an app to record, track and keep all of my important receipts in order. I went through the usual routine finding and deleting apps that didn't meet my needs. All of that changed the first time I opened the Itemize app. The pictures are sharp and provide an exact record of my transaction. I really like the many editing options that allow me to customize each transaction. It is amazingly simple to use, incredibly reliable and processes each transaction quickly. When I lost a receipt from Target I was able to return the item without any problem. Target simply scanned the barcode on the picture that I had taken of the receipt. I can do without a lot of apps on my iPhone and iPad, but Itemize will never be one of them. I use it so often that it is positioned on my homepage on both devices. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

by Itemize on 2016/10/05

We are pleased to hear about your experience with Itemize! If you ever do have an issue, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we would be happy to help you!

Brooke S.
Senior Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/08

"I reviewed 3 receipts scanners. I liked Itemize, but the claimed emailing of receipts didn't work"

Comments: Well it did scan and classify quite well. So I benefited by getting good electronic receipts.

Pros: I started trialing 3 receipt scanners + accounting view of data. Itemize is one of the best at scanning and classification. Easy to use and quite light so started quickly. I've taken a quick look recently after stopping using it, and the ability to query seemed to be VERY good. I like it a lot.

Cons: One of my requirements was to be able to email receipts. Itemize claimed to have 2 ways - monitored email account and email to a given address. Neither work. I tried over many weeks and emailed support without response (they however had replied quite well to other requests). I was trialing 2 other receipts apps which did work as advertised and I didn't have any more time or energy to put in to Itemize. I've now been scanning receipts in to the 2 other apps for 6 or so months and don't want to abandon all that data. So I will not be returning to Itemize. However I recommend any new users to give Itemize a go and test if the emailing functionality works.

Russell G.
National Sales
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/02

"Could be much better. They need to include all categories available for use in the reports."

Comments: Reports are not complete. I always have to manipulate the reports to be usable. The PDF or Excel reports are both incomplete. The categories need to be expanded into the reports to make it a real time saving program.

Pros: I like the simplicity of taking pictures of receipts

Cons: Again; I don't like the incomplete reports. It always takes more time to transfer all my information to my report for my company. If the categories were all in the report - it would be much better for me and I have assume anyone who wants to save time with the reporting process to get reimbursed.

by Itemize on 2016/12/12

Hello! Can you explain what you mean by incomplete reports? Reports are exported based on the categories you select and included likewise. Please e-mail us at [email protected] with additional information regarding your incomplete reports.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/02
Misty F.
Telecommunications, Self Employed

"Great program!"

Comments: I have been using Itemize for about a year and a half now and I love it! It's so easy to use and a great way to keep my receipts on file for my husband's business. It was easy at the end of the year to use the reports to track expenses. I highly recommend!

Pros: ease of use, reports

Bonnie A.
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/05

"Great & very helpful app"

Comments: It's changed the way I keep up with everything. I'm a Realtor and have to keep up with hundreds of receipts each year for taxes and was getting overwhelmed. This app is fabulous. At first the receipt photos looked blurry but that has been corrected so this is all I use now. If I pay fees or something online, I just take a photo of the iPad screen with the app I I don't have to print a receipt out so it's saving trees too! The reports are great at tax time. I only wish there was a quicker way to select the time frame you want in your report but other than that, it's great. I highly recommend this app for people like me with a business that requires keeping up with so much stuff for deductions. It will really lighten your load.

by Itemize on 2016/10/05

Thanks for the great review! We are happy you are enjoying your Itemize experience. If you ever need help, please reach out to us at [email protected]!

Kristi Y.
Ergonomist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 10 000+ Employees

"Great APP!!"

Comments: I use Itemize for my business trips! I love it. Its been a great tool and super easy to use. The only thing I would change is the option to take pictures in a landscape function. Some receipts have two pieces and it can be difficult to get a good picture that is clear in a portrait orientation.

Pros: Easy to use and so many different options to print out reports

Cons: Can't take a clear picture if I need to take one of a two receipts side by side. In cases where you need to show the receipt containing food items as well as the signed receipt including a tip.... I think if you had an option for Landscape orientation, you can do that. Not sure how it would work from a report standpoint, but I know that's one thing I have trouble with when using the app.

by Itemize on 2016/10/28

Rebecca C.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/25

"Great for a small business owner to track receipts for taxes. Super pleased with layout of app."

Pros: Ease of use. It also sends you reminders. Makes tracking receipts easy. It is that simple reminder each day that makes me track my receipts and mileage which makes doing my taxes super easy.

Cons: Sometimes the app does not work properly. It can blank out when you are trying to enter a receipt into the app. I would like to see improvements in this area.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/25
Senior Software Engineer
Financial Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/27

"Good expense management application"

Comments: Overall good software for expense management

Pros: 1. Easy to use app
2. Snaps are stored
3. Many types are accepted and no limit on size
4. Excellent reports generated

Cons: 1. For no user they should provide video tutorial
2. Sometimes report generation takes some time which is greater than expected

• Reviewed on 2019/03/27
Dragan F.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/23

"Amazing app for business owners"

Pros: This app is so easy to use, and i like how easy is to get data by simply capturing a receipt. I recommend it to everybody that hasn't tried it yet. Lots of options and reports. Business trips for example are piece of cake with Itemize.

Cons: There is no major con that i can complain about at this moment.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/23
Matt F.
Photographer
Arts & Crafts, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/13

"Expense management made simple"

Comments: Easy to use expense management. Just take photos of invoices/receipts and it does all the work of storing that data and giving you an expense report. It's quick to get you your report. Great sofftware for anyone looking to keep data of their expenses.

Pros: Easy to use. Take photos of invoices/receipts and it will do the work

Cons: Nothing I can think of, all works well with it

• Reviewed on 2019/04/13
Marty B.
Job site manager
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/24

"Helps me get organized."

Pros: I was constantly loosing receipts and expense reports were becoming a nightmare for me. Itemize takes seconds to snap a picture of the receipts and record them onto a excell file.

Cons: The only downside to the software is it sometimes miss reads the receipt and put the wrong label or price.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/24