• Overall
    4,3 /5
    4,3 /5
    4,1 /5

About Itemize

Fast receipt scanning and easy expense reporting on the go or in the office. Don't settle for standard. Itemize.

Learn more about Itemize

Showing 25 reviews of 272

John C.
Evangelist
Religious Institutions, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/26

"Awesome program for those self employed"

Comments: As a traveling evangelist, I cannot keep files with me at all times. Itemize has helped my expense tracking majorly. I can take a photo of my receipt, categorize it and move on. And, come tax season I can quickly and easily run reports for my deductions. I highly recommend it for anyone who constantly finds themselves spending hours tracking paper copies of receipts and then spending countless hours at tax season calculating. The price you pay for it is way less than you'd pay an accountant and the savings in deductions make the program pay for itself.

by Itemize on 2016/10/26

Thanks for the great review and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Itemize product! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you ever run into any issues!

Lauren K.
Sales Manager
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/17

"Easy to get organized"

Comments: Love the ease of uploading receipts. Wish the interface for tagging was a little easier. I have multiple businesses. I haven't yet figured out how to categorize per business. I also haven't figured out yet how to create categories to track spending. That would be a cool addition! (Maybe that capability is already there and I just haven't found it yet.)

Pros: It is really simple and easy to upload receipts.

Cons: I want more flexibility in usage. I would like to be able to designate receipts to more than one business. I would also like to utilize this app simply as a way to track spending in categories.

by Itemize on 2016/12/12

Thanks for the great review! I have noted your suggestions and will send them to our development team! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

• Reviewed on 2016/11/17
Lai p R.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

"General Receipt Records"

Comments: Use program solely for recording receipts at time & convenience of recording to expense categories is adequate for the needs. Anymore complicated than that have not explored.

Pros: Convenient at time to quickly take copy of receipts log into expense category

Cons: The system shuts down often

by Itemize on 2016/12/12

Thanks for the great review! I have noted your suggestions and would love additional input as to what you mean on "picking up categories off sales receipts" as our system should be identifying categories of all known merchants in our system. Please contact us at [email protected] with additional information!

Brent B.
Regional Sales Manager
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/26

"Very easy to use and inexpensive!"

Comments: For the most part, Itemize is exactly what I need and also my company. We are pretty small right now and the expense reports that I generate from Itemize look neat and very professional. I would like to see a larger camera area because I always have to use widescreen function all the time to make sure I capture the entire image but it's definitely not a deal killer. I'd definitely recommend Itemize for your expense reporting. I've used other products that cost more in the past and you don't get what you pay for like you do with Itemize!

Pros: 1. Ease of use
2. Cost to features ratio
3. Professional looking
4. I like the fact it pulls receipts from my email and automatically inserts them.
5. Can complete my entire expense report on my I phone

Cons: 1. Would like to learn more about the camera feature. I've had to retake receipt photos because it didn't capture the whole image like it seemed.

by Itemize on 2016/10/26

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] for future any suggestions or questions you may have!

Christopher S.
Vice President
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/02

"Great way to save time and money"

Comments: We utilize itemize for our construction receipts and it has worked great to save time from getting the information easily from the field to the office. This was well worth the investment.

Pros: The easy user interface that accurately codes all of our receipts and POs.

Cons: We really wish that the software could export information directly into Quick books Contractor version.

by Itemize on 2016/12/12

Thanks for the great review! We will look at the Quickbooks Contractor version and see how we can better integrate with that software. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

Joshua W.
Independent Claims Adjuster
Insurance, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/02

"Love it, great app and value"

Comments: Works great my only recommendation is snap your receipt asap. Don't let them pile up. I've found if you let the receipt get worn it is hard to read.

Pros: Good recognition

by Itemize on 2016/12/12

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2016/05/03

"Great app for personal & business receipt organization and expense management"

Comments: This is a great app for anyone needing anything from simple organization of expenses and budgeting up to team expense reimbursement and reporting. You can use the iOS/Android app or their website. A number of new features have been added over the past few months, including integrations with accounting tools, and I have not yet tried everything. And nothing beats their turnaround on processing paper receipts. I get mine back, fully processed, about 15 seconds after I snap a picture in the app!

Pros: Near real-time digitizing of paper receipts snapped in the app -- instant gratification (& feedback).
Great reports, with filters to allow specific selections/filters.
Expense reports that show clean images along with tabular data layout.
Reasonable cost.

Dean M.
IT Director
Construction

"Good program"

Comments: We've been using this app for a while and upgraded to the full version. It's been a mostly solid app that is flexible. Tech support is good. It's helped us keep better track of spending.

Pros: Easy to use and flexible.

Cons: Get A bit buggy sometimes and doesn't always recognized vendors.

by Itemize on 2016/10/11

Christian H.
designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/01

"Saves Time & Money!"

Comments: Itemize works great and has saved a lot of time and money for me.

Pros: Itemize has been beyond wonderful for tracking my expenses. I can easily do it on my phone and computer so its super easy to organize my receipts.

Cons: I do wish the mobile app has more features to it for sorting receipts but we are still pleased with it.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/01
Mark F.
FINANCE DIRECTOR
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/26

"GREAT TOTAL BUSINESS RECEIPTS"

Comments: So far , this program works great, with easy functionality. I keep track of business expenses and know what I am spending. Thank you Itemize

Pros: EASY TO USE AND KEEPING TRACK OF ITEMS IN CASE OF IRS AUDITS

Cons: how TO RECEIVE EMAILS WITH COPIES OF RECEIPTS

by Itemize on 2016/10/26

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] for any problems or suggestions you may have!

Armin M.
Marketer
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/10

"I love the Itemize App"

Comments: Overall, made my life much easier and would recommend to anyone who wants to personally use it.

Pros: I use Itemize personally and it has made my life much easier.

Cons: What I like the least is that sometimes the app is lagging, at least on my phone but I understand this can be normal with any app.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/10
Scott P.
Principle
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/16

"Best Expense Tracker I have found"

Comments: This has really helped me out tremendously keeping receipts straight / assigned to the correct job and printing professional looking expense reports.

Pros: The best thing is the camera capture and OCR, you take a photo, it automatically loads into the app and starts to extract the data. I would say that 8.5-9 times of 10 the data extraction is prefect, yes every once in a while you need to clarify some data points, but I think that's to be expected with these type of application.

Cons: Logging into the website.. Sometimes its easier to work on the full website to modify / print large reports, but the login portal isn't the easiest to find.

Fayez K.
Financial Services

"Use it every day"

Comments: I use this app every day. Business receipts. Personal. Dinner. The search of restaurant and gas stations. Sometimes crashes and lags but I use this app every day

Pros: Easy to use. Organize your receipts and always be able to go back and see image of that receipt

Cons: Sometimes crashes

by Itemize on 2016/12/12

Thanks for the great review! I have noted your crashed and will send them to our development team! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

Christopher H.
Asset manager
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/16

"Itemize Makes Tracking Expenses Easy and Fun"

Pros: The interface is easy and intuitive, the upload and processing speeds are fast, and the accuracy is fantastic.

Cons: While I do not have any major complaints, the ability to capture tips is inconsistent, although that may be more due to my handwriting. However, filling that in manually is easy.

Karen H.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/11

"Itemize - My lifesaver!"

Comments: This app is seriously the easiest and most convenient receipt tracking software I have used. No more lost receipts or having to keep annoying little bits of paper and my accountant is VERY pleased with me now too. Thank you Itemize!!

Pros: Convenience and accuracy

Cons: I haven't haven't come across anything I don't like yet.

by Itemize on 2016/10/12

Heather D.
Veterinarian
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/05

"Have used this product for a couple years to keep my receipts organized and very easy to use"

Pros: Ease of use and simple to navigate. Not time consuming in order to get my receipts organized and imputed into the system especially if it is a long receipt that you do not think the system will be able to accurately read and upload

Cons: Having to pay a fee monthly, that it sometimes does not recognize the name of some of the major stores off the receipt

• Reviewed on 2018/05/05
Thaddeus P.
Landlord
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/27

"Simply excellent and a time saver!!!!!!"

Comments: Been using this almost a year and love it!! Saves me a lot of time and the fee is well worth the value of being so organized for my business at tax time! Totally awesome! Hope they can integrate it to quicken soon as well!!!!

Pros: Saves me considerable time
And the images have been accepted at some retail stores for returns!

Cons: Does not integrate with quicken rental properties for me so I have to transfer totals myself for that software

by Itemize on 2016/10/28

Thanks so much for the great review! If you ever have any suggestions or questions in the future please reach out to us at [email protected]

Ted D.
Photographer
Photography, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/11

"Fast, Accurate, & Automated Expense Tool"

Comments: The Itemize app has been the best expense tracker I've come across. I can just snap a picture of my paper receipt, and in less than 30 seconds all the important expense info has been accurately captured. Did I mention, I only had to snap a photo? No manual entry! Has been great in helping me track monthly spend and keeping all paper and digital documents in one place. I finally feel organized!

by Itemize on 2016/10/11

Alan S.
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

"Overall, not bad."

Comments: Does what it needs to do for my company but could be a bit more accurate. Seems a bit slow or sluggish in load, searching.

Pros: that it saves all my receipts

Cons: Slow to load, process, reports are not good

by Itemize on 2016/10/26

Thanks for the great review and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Itemize product! As with any automatic process, servers can be slower during peak hours but we are working to improve the speed and are comparatively faster than most apps in this market. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you ever run into any issues!

Jennifer H.
Sales
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/08

"Itemize has saved me hours & hours of time working on expense reports and receipts!!"

Pros: It is easy to use and affordable. It is the only app I have found that meets all my needs. It actually exceeded my expectations, the report function is something I didn't think I needed until I used it on Itemize.

Cons: I have a hard time finding a con on this app but I guess the only thing is that sometimes the photos of receipts are a little fuzzy.

Jason C.
Founder/ Libations Marketing Specialist
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/26

"Great App for Tracking Expenses"

Comments: Itemize is quick and easy and allows me to track my receipts almost effortlessly. I highly recommend to any business owner.

Pros: Ease of use, ability to quickly save info from my receipts.

Cons: Camera doesn't always pick up the info from the receipt and I have to key it in manually.

Miguel G.
Senior Programmer
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/29

"Know on what are you using your money."

Comments: Sometimes you just buy a lot of things thinking you get a great deal, but afterwards you know it wasn't the case, you just wasted a lot of money without realizing, itemize will let you know how much have you been using and on what exactly, if you are trying to cut expenses, this is a nice app.

Pros: Itemize it's a great way to know what are you paying for and if the price is good or not, or maybe you just want to get data of all the money you are using on what you buy. All you have to do is take a photo of a receipt, and you will get all the info for all the items on it. Pretty cool, huh?

Cons: It takes a little while to load the data of the items, maybe between 10 and 30 seconds. I think it could be faster.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/29
Richard L.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/27

"Reliable service from Itemize"

Comments: I found the Itemize site to be very useful in keeping my expenses in order. Especially when I have to submit yearly reports to my accountant in the format he prefers. Excellent service.

Pros: It's easy to use.

Cons: Sometimes it doesn't read the recipts accurately.

Heather C.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/08

"Overall very easy to keep track of experiences."

Pros: Easy to use and great for staying organized with expenses. I like taking a picture of the receipts for proper storage and then having the spreadsheet option.

Cons: Sometimes isn't consistent and will change categories after they have been saved so I have to go back and save again. Don't like how tax is calculated separately.

Johnna Z.
Insurance Broker
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/26

"Love it! Keeps my expenses documented and safe until I need them."

Comments: Love that this app tracks and scans all my expenses. Easy to learn, use and no more boxes of fading papers!

Pros: scans and stores my important receipts for personal and business

Cons: doesn't always recognize the name of the business and I have to manually input.