• Overall
    4,4 /5
    4,3 /5
    4,6 /5

About BQE Core

Integrated project management, time tracking, billing, reporting, and accounting software for professional services firms.

Learn more about BQE Core

Robert c. M.
Business Development Director
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/05

"Valuable software for billing at a law firm"

Comments: Bill quick is a perfect solution to create invoices and be able to bill many different attorneys on different projects.

Pros: The ability to customize many of its features is great. You can setup and keep track of time associated
with various cases, clients, projects. There are so many reports that you can run to keep track of your spending. Able to export invoices to LEDES format. Able to import time from excel spreadsheet.

Cons: It takes some time to learn the software, the tech support team was great in getting me up and running. If you want additional reports they have a custom report group but their cost is a bit high to modify reports. It looks a bit complicated but actually it is easy to use.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/05
Laura S.
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/11

"Core has been an integral in helping us to understand and grow our business"

Comments: Overall experience has been great as we use Core for our integrated accounting, time/expenses, and invoices, and it has been integral in helping us to understand and grow our business in the first year.

Pros: A little over one year back as we started up our new business I was researching for the best accounting, time and expense tracking and billing software. I selected BQE Core because it had an intuitive interface, easy reporting and it was on cloud. For any startup business the cost is always a big factor, the fact that BQE Core was a fraction of other similar software packages was an added bonus! We use BQE for our integrated accounting, time/expenses, and invoices, and it has been integral in helping us to understand and grow our business in the first year. At every moment, I have the info available to understand my cash flow, liabilities and A/R all in one interface, which never would have been possible if I used other accounting software.

Cons: In a separate excel doc I track our projected income and expenses for each two-week period so I can plan cash expenditure. If BQE had a feature to track overhead and projections in relation to billable work, that would really integrate all functionality in one software. Other than that, I don't have any suggestions for improvement.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/11
Bruce E.
Principal Architect
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/17

"We now a good grasp on Core"

Comments: We like the results we are seeing.

Pros: We use BQE Core primarily for time input, billing and AR. WE now have a good grasp on how the program works so each time we use it it has become easier. It has helped us streamline our invoicing and AR process. I particularly like being able to scan and post copies of received checks to an invoice.

Cons: It took a while to figure out how to input information in the correct way so it appeared correctly on our invoices. Our initial training barely touched on this.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/17
Kimberly P.
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/20

"We are particularly impressed with CORE’s user-friendly, “all in one” design"

Comments: Our small but rapidly-growing architectural firm was looking for a project management and billing solution. We were particularly impressed with CORE’s user-friendly, “all in one” design.

Pros: It provides us with a single source to record employee time, manage project tasks, budget, invoice and track project performance. We took advantage of the various training packages and technical assistance BQE offers to help us get up-to-speed with CORE in a matter of months. BQE also worked with us to develop a custom invoice that provides our clients with current and past billing information in a clean and easy-to-read format. With the mobile app, our partners access CORE data anytime, anywhere, and can record travel expenses directly from their smartphones. BQE has demonstrated to us that they listen and responds to suggestions on how to make CORE an even better program for its users by providing regular updates and enhancements that incorporate our suggestions. We are very pleased with CORE and BQE.”

Cons: Everything is working for us and if it does not then that is what support is for. Like any other new software implementation there is a learning curve. We took advantage of the various training packages.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/20
Christine S.
Finance Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/07

"Existing User"

Comments: We've had our ups and downs. After a couple of days on the phone with customer support, things have been clarified and settled. I understand some of my problems now and how to fix them. It is really the first time I have felt comfortable with my choice in software. As I learn new things, play with it more and talk with customer support things that I thought might be deal burners, are really not. We all need to accept change, and for me as a former development programmer, I am used to it. I was not that into our existing software that we are replacing as I only had to deal with it for a year as I am kind of the new employee. Yes, I looked at several different software options. Yes, some had more features than others, some less. It is going to be pretty difficult to find a replacement software that is exactly like the one you are replacing. My original review stated there were a lot of bugs. I'm not so sure about that statement any longer. For me, it works better through Crome than Edge. I did have quite a few issues when running in Edge. This may be a problem that has since been fixed, but I'm okay in chrome.

Pros: I have had more time with the software since my last review. As I slowly convert the firms old data to this new software, things are falling into place quickly. I'm becoming attuned to the software. Learning little things I didn't know where there, both by playing around and talking with customer support. This software is easy to learn. Not a real big learning curve, assuming you are familiar with project management, accounting, project setup or you have people familiar with those areas. I do it all, and basically maintain everything for everyone else.

Cons: I don't have many, but if I had to pick... they are not really cons, as I hope they will expand to these later on. API with Office 365/Outlook would be a nice added bonus. For me, especially Outlook. Also API with Quickbooks desktop version. This isn't a big issue, as I hope to also phase out QB and only use that software for payroll. Which I will then have an API if I go with QB Online/payroll. I will always use QB for payroll, so I am use to doing journal entries into systems to reflect the payroll numbers. This is not a hardship for me.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/07
Eury M.
Billing Specialist
Management Consulting
    4,5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/18

"My BQE Experience"

Pros: I like that BQE is user friendly and makes it possible for the entire company to enter their own time and expenses anywhere, anytime.
I like that when there are updates to the system, users are informed.
I really like that everything entered through the mobile app sinks right away into BQE.
The technical support customer services is great. Even when someone is not sure of the answer, they research and get back to you. The support group is dedicated, knowledgeable and professional. Lenny is the best.

Cons: I do not like that all reports are Word documents. With data, it is impossible to sort and filter when looking for information.
It would also be easy if questions/answers could be given directly in BQE prior to invoicing instead of having to print each pre-bill and send to managers for approval and then enter their answer back in BQE.
The system allows write up/down of billable hours but you cannot run an accurate report of the amounts that were written up/down (I think in BQE it includes non billable hours). I keep track of mine on an Excel spreadsheet and it would be nice if I did not need to have an additional spreadsheet.
It would make more sense if each field that is populated in all categories could be use for reporting purposes. For example, if running a list of client, it would be good if we could choose what fields we want to see on the report for each client (like contact person, email address, industry...). Sometimes, I have to run three reports to get the information that I compile in one Excel spreadsheet.
Maybe I do not have this information, but the only way to access report customization is via email. It would be nice to have a support line for easy questions regarding a new report.

• Reviewed on 2016/08/18
Dale R.
Owner / Architect
  • Reviewed on 2017/04/12

"Great tool for the Architect's office"

Comments: Overall, this is a good office management tool for the architect. We have used it for the past 10 years and find it invaluable in all we do in managing projects and running the business.

Pros: The product is great for the management of a project from time and expense reports to document management. It also manages the office contacts and calendar of events for all the employees. It will give you in real time if you are making or losing money on a project. It tracks and creates invoicing for all project clients. If you use QuickBooks, it is integrated directly with that software for complete accounting management. It is a great tool for Architects in that it is formatted for what we do (tasks and phasing of projects). If you have internet connection, you can get access to this program while on the road,

Cons: When opening up project file, it takes 2 or 3 clicks to open up a file, such as Word, PDF and AutoCAD. Very, Very frustrating. Many of my employees do not use is function and simply use Window file manager to open and move files. We should not have to do this. It uses Java in the background for some of its operations, and I am not a fan of Java... it is always updating. Updating of the software is somewhat difficult for the person not a computer nerd.

• Reviewed on 2017/04/12
Amy K.
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/27

"ArchiOffice has definitely been useful for our firm"

Pros: ArchiOffice has definitely been useful for our firm over the past six years! We don't use all of the features that are available but the time tracking, budgeting and invoicing have been incredibly helpful for us. I used to spend a lot of time with spreadsheet updating to get accurate information on where we were in each client's budget and with ArchiOffice this is done for me and it is information I use daily. I especially like how we can see the hours to date as they are entered and how many hours we have exceeded our estimate. This information becomes valuable when we create new proposals. We have a much better handle on exactly what it is taking for us to complete each project so we can forecast with more accuracy. Also helpful has been the Performance report which gives us a real look at how each project performs financially. I would not go back to doing this all in spreadsheets! ArchiOffice has made my job much easier over the years. Another thing I appreciate is the project list which saves me from tracking that in another program.

Cons: The only thing that would help us out would be to run ArchiOffice on a Mac platform.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/27
Cheri F.
Controller
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/21

"Great Customer Service and Support"

Comments: I just want to witness to the fact that everything that Engineering Office says about their wonderful support is true. A lot of companies over embellish and when you have a problem it is like pulling teeth to get some help. Not at Engineering office. They respond to phone calls and emails very quickly. The employees that they have in training and support should be the jewels in their crown. I have had the pleasure of working through frustrating problems with customer support, only to find it is some small thing and getting it fixed or training me to fix it goes quickly. Customer support representatives are FABULOUS and they have great patience and compassion for their customers. They realize that customers can't fix everything and that sometimes it is just beyond us. I learned this software quickly and came to a company that had not set it up correctly and nothing Sync'd together right. Customer support representatives held my hand and walked me through knowing that I was under a deadline. That is what is wonderful about this support team. They are human and they realize that you are human too and that things happen and they are there to guide the way, educate, and even fix the big problems. Anyone who chooses this software should realize that the Maintenance and Support fee that you pay is well worth it. Keep up the good work. It is very appreciated by your Customers.

Pros: It is very easy to use and you can learn it quite quickly with help of online webinars, the help pages, and just fishing around in the menus. Very clear and concise.

Cons: I wish that the SYNC process was done with a macro and I didn't have to do anything more than schedule it to go.

• Reviewed on 2017/01/21
Kerrie D.
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/23

"Invoices have been easier to process compared to previous software"

Comments: Overall experience is great. As mentioned we experiencing error free time tracking, billing and the presentation of invoices is far better.

Pros: We use the time, billing and accounting functions frequently and it has made my job a lot easier and smoother compared to tracking down expenses and time for the team members. Processing reports are simple as well. Less error of tracking time/expenses as compared to our previous software. Invoices are more accurate. Invoices look professional and clean.

Cons: Cannot think of anything at this time. We are really enjoying the software

• Reviewed on 2020/07/23
Jessica R.
Law Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/04

"Entering time is now much easier"

Pros: Moving to Core has definitely helped us eliminate the manual data entry process. Prior to using Core the time entry process was not that easy and we had to enter time manually for all the employees in our old software. Another area that so far, we like in Core is the powerful invoicing. Easy time entry and invoicing feature are the best so far that we enjoy in Core. We also appreciate the excellent customer service support team. They always go above and beyond to help out.

Cons: Needs to be more user friendly. At time we did experience glitches which were rectified in a timely manner.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/04
Tersa H.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/09

"Overall, I love the program"

Comments: Overall, I love the program. It took me many years working in a very outdated software until I felt I found the right program (Core) to switch to for time and billing. It has met all of my needs so far! Love it. I have not had to call in for customer service often but when I do everyone has been helpful and I have not encountered any issues what so ever. I have not worked in the Project Management or Accounting modules of the program.

Pros: The flexibility for invoicing. The ability to email the invoices right from the program. Being able to use the program from anywhere a browser is available although I personally have not had to log in anywhere other than the office but some of my staff has.

Cons: The downside is the refresh rate. At times there is lag due to internet connection which is obviously not an issue with Core itself but the internet connection. I do regret that when entering time entries the fields do not populate faster. I would also love to see a total by day when entering time entries without having to change the date range. I.e. I set the range for a pay period, I would like to see a total for each day and for the entire pay period as a whole on the same screen without having to adjust the dates.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/09
Francisco A.
Accounting
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/05

"Started our journey with BQE 10 years back and we are loving it!"

Pros: BillQuick is powerful software and in general it has helped improve the productivity in the office. It used to take us days to do billing in Excel. BillQuick has cut down that tedious billing process significantly. Our Project Managers are happy because they have everything they need about their project in on location which is Project Center. Recording time and expenses using web suite and mobile apps has made it possible to see the real time project progress. There are several different invoice templates in the software and we have a very unique format that we need to send our invoices on and BillQuick created a custom invoice template for us which fits our needs. We are dealing with different customer service on our other software and I think there support is top class and definitely a customer service driven company

Cons: Can't think of anything. It has been 10 years since we started using BillQuick and the experience is getting better with every year that passes by because they release upgraded every year which is most driven from user feedback.

Susan W.
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/27

"That it is available online is a big plus for us"

Comments: It works fairly well for our needs.

Pros: After using BillQuick the on premise solution for 11 years we switched to Core and the timing was perfect. We use Core for time and expense entry, project management and project tracking, we are satisfied for what it does. So far most of our employees have transitioned from our old software to Core fairly easily.

Cons: I'd like easier access for at least one other employee to enter vendor bills/expenses. We do not have the Accounting/Billing or Payable package as we don't use either BQ or Core for this purpose yet, but we do track vendor bills and expenses for each project and I'd like a feature that made this accessible not just to the owner/administrator.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/27
Mike M.
Operations Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/24

"WRK Engineers Review of BillQuick"

Comments: Thanks for asking me to participate in this survey. WRK has been a BQE customer for some time, but I have been using the program for about a year and a half. I'd like to consider myself an expert in the program....but I'm nowhere near that close. My responses are below. I did not answer the "value for the money" question above as I have not priced other programs and have no frame of reference. Sorry.

Pros: Being a database, it can store infinite information. This info can also be easily searched. Helpful us when recalling details of a project from 3-4 years ago. The Gold level support is a must (and worth it if there is an issue). The Facebook group (comprised of BQE staff and users) is an excellent resource for learning from others and receiving "after hours" support for a quick "how to". The BQE team is very enthusiastic about their products and also does a good job of providing continual education via free webinars.

Cons: There are several small items I could mention to make BillQuick more user friendly, but in reality, for as much data as it holds for us now (about 6 years worth) it does a good job of keeping track of all the pieces within the database.
I have had several items, after talking to support, that I've been told will "get on the list to be fixed". It would be nice to hear when those changes have been implemented.

• Reviewed on 2016/10/24
Darlene C.
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/23

"Processing and generating is invoices is extremely easy"

Comments: BQE has been a blessing because it is easy to use. We have access to all the company data from one software which saves us a lot of time.

Pros: After using BQE it has particularly improved the invoicing and payment process. We now have a better system to track unpaid invoices which has resulted in better cashflow for the business. We use the reporting feature very frequently as access to the reports is much easier. The easy layout of the features has allowed to spend less time train our employees and be more focused on the projects.

Cons: This may not be a BQE problem but sometimes I feel the performance issues and that well may be because of the internet speed.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/23
Bronwen F.
Administrative & Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/14

"Thank goodness for 24/7 help"

Comments: Core has many features that are geared to us. We are relatively new to Core, thank goodness for the 24 help , because even with training, there are so many features, it would be impossible to train for everything.

Pros: We are an architecture firm and it is clear Core is geared to us. We are new to Core, so it's hard for me to name features i like most. We definitely see a value and so far we love the time management and ability to have reports automatically delivered by the software What I love so far is the 24 hour support. The agent we usually speak with has been especially helpful. He is patient and a great teacher. They points out issues/features that I had no idea about. All of them have been extremely helpful.

Cons: I would like to see more free webinars about new features, or tips.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/14
Paul K.
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/29

"Impossible to track billable hours without it"

Comments: Over the period of time the software has improved.

Pros: It works great. It allows me to tailor billing codes - which is very important for tracking time and invoicing. It's easy to export invoices to Ledes 1998 using BQE. Impossible for me to track billable hours without it. It has improved over time. I'm a longtime user. Anytime I need any help with the software and whenever I have contacted BQE custom support team they have been very helpful.

Cons: Improve export features to be sure expense entries are not lost. More room for detailed descriptions of entries.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/29
Cottie C.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/09

"I have used BillQuick since 2005"

Pros: The product: affordable, flexible, and user friendly.

Please take their free webinars to have a general idea first. it's worth to get their Implementation and Training Services. When you have issues, call them immediately.
We process monthly invoices within three days, so we have the rest of month to manage project budgets, employee performances, schedule project meetings, etc. The vendor: They have the BEST support team. They are always there to help me, I especially thank their assistant floor manager, Ricardo Andrade. He is always patient, friendly and supportive.

Cons: None. I like them very much and have recommended them to my important customer.

• Reviewed on 2016/08/09
David C.
Architecture & Planning
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/05

"Simple, yet very powerful time billing and project management solution"

Pros: In 1999, when we bought BillQuick it was a small company but with a bunch of hardworking and dedicated people behind it. I had no doubt in my mind back then this company will have nothing but the success. 17 years today we are still using BillQuick and all these years BQE has worked on perfecting this software to give its users easy to use time and expense tracking and billing. Love their customer service team and I still remember some of the support engineers by name because they are still with the company.

Cons: My issue was with the licensing and recently they fixed that as well. Now you do not need to buy licenses in packs of 5.

Brandon D.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/14

"Love BQE"

Comments: Love it and definitely worth a try!

Pros: We love BQE and cannot imagine running our business without BillQuick. Last year we switched to subscription and it's great to see new features that are getting added. We enjoy unlimited support.

Cons: We have been using BQE product for 10 years and it definitely is improving every year and we cannot think of anything that it does not do for us

• Reviewed on 2017/11/14
Patricia S.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/14

"Archioffice - 2016"

Comments: Have been using archioffice fairly frequently for the past five years. I work for two companies - an architecture firm and an owner's representative. The program makes more sense for architecture firm - as it has trouble with the fee structure that we use for the owner's representative. Customer support is great - there are a lot on online tutorials, but we pay for the Gold support package - so we have a dedicated support representative who is familiar with our programming. Since our company is small - I don't have familiarity with the batch invoicing, but on an individual input - it works great. I find it pretty intuitive to pick and start using.

Pros: Access - app syncs nicely with the main project - for timesheet entry
Online/web access - makes it platform independent - so you can access program on Mac or PC
Duplicate projects - you don't need to start from scratch to create a project
Invoice/Transaction Entry - easy to enter and track

Cons: Timesheets are not as easy as they could be - other programs allow you to enter time by the week - this is an individual entry per project, per day
NTX is for the project or phase - can't be coded as monthly - tried many work arounds - nothing worked
Back function doesn't work - if you are looking at a timesheet entry in a specific project - you will back out to the home page of the project - not the timesheet screen

• Reviewed on 2016/11/14
Kent M.
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/25

"Awesome and easy to use"

Pros: BQE is awesome it makes things so easy when entering time and billing clients. Before we got BQE we would do everything by hand, when switching over it made thing go 10 times faster. Its a great software.

Cons: little glitches here and there but the customer support is so fast and responsive and the are willing to fix the software glitches.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/25
Michael M.
Senior Manager
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/13

"BillQuick is a robust timekeeping and invoicing tool"

Pros: BillQuick is a powerful timekeeping and invoicing program. We chose it as our preferred invoicing software as it provides the ability to customize client and project details.

Cons: The amount of options and customizations possible can also make the program difficult to navigate and master. I recommend utilizing customer support when needed.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/13