Rain Point of Sale Reviews

by Rain Retail Software

• Overall
    4,2 /5
    4,1 /5
    4,2 /5

About Rain Point of Sale

Enter information once and your POS, website, and mobile site update in real time. Unlimited registers, products, and customer service.

Learn more about Rain Point of Sale

Showing 25 reviews of 71

Holly V.
owner/operator
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/17

"Disappointed"

Comments: It was a rough year and a half trying to operate a business with that many mistakes from their side.

Pros: I liked that the website and the inventory were combined. That people could see in real time what we had in stock and purchase online. That was nice and was one of the main features of why we went with Rain originally.

Cons: We spent a lot of time and money on Rain POS. It was the first online computer software company we ever used for point of sale. I spent an entire year in 2017 logging our entire inventory, coming up with pricing and pictures and history on every item. We went live in 2018 and by April 2019 we were done with the contract side and we closed out the point of sale side by the end of that year. Their inconsistences within the contract module were too high. And every time we called in to tech support, all they could tell us what that there was a "glitch" in the system and they couldn't fix it within a timely manner. I really felt like I was losing the trust of my customers because of Rain's mistakes.

by Rain Retail Software on 2020/12/09

Holly, thank you for taking time to share your experience with our POS software. Here at Rain, our main objective is helping small businesses like yours succeed, so the fact that you found us to be detrimental to your store is disheartening. We've been busy in the 12 months since you cancelled and have greatly improved our rent-to-own module. If you like, please contact us to see those enhancements.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/17
Sam G.
Tech Manager and Chief Quilter

"Like Sew POS Review"

Comments: Overall we are happy with Rain/Like Sew. It gives us an easy to manage Web front end for our store that behind the scenes in completely integrated with our Brick & Mortar operation. Improvements are still needed in many areas - the system is a work in progress regularly rolling our new and improved functionality.

Pros: We bought it for the seamless integration of Web and Brick & Mortar inventory management, sales and ease of use. It works very well for this purpose.

Cons: It is ultimately POS and Inventory Management software with little Accounting functionality. Daily exports to QuickBooks or other software are required, with additional entries in the accounting s/w to accommodate accounting best practices, Taxes on Receiving orders, billing and other financial tasks not accommodated in Like Sew. There are still some issues with Sales, Shipping and Taxes in Canada, and there is no ability to set up multiple price levels internally

Pheobe K.
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/16

"An Outstanding POS System"

Comments: I am able to work proficiently with everything except learning how to take my inventory and have it imported to QuickBooks.

Pros: I am able to input inventory into the system in a timely manner.

Cons: I wish Rain Retail system would import my inventory over to QuickBooks. I have to input inventories in the system twice.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/16
Allen B.
Webmaster/Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/15

"A small business solution that is a head of the curve"

Comments: We searched for over 3 years for an new point of sale that would fit our needs and allow us to expand in the future. It was important to have a seamless integration of our brick and mortar location and our online store. Rain really shines above all the other options with more functionality at an affordable price. This has allowed us to grow our online presence tremendously to help keep up with the ever growing online sales market. The continued software updates and helpful customer support makes for a personal and dedicated feel to helping our business thrive. We have recommend it to several other businesses and they have been thrilled as well. Thanks Rain!

Pros: Online and Brick and Mortar integration, extensive customer tracking, easy to customize website, efficient product ordering/receiving system

Cons: Updates can be slow to release, lacks a little in the reporting functionality

Miles S.
manager
Music, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/15

"Powerful, complete lifestyle upgrade for our business"

Comments: Going from shopkeep (easy to use, not sophisticated enough for us as a music store) to RAIN was a challenge at first (uploading photos and product data, designing new site content, more product data entry, training staff in new roles) but, now that we are a few months in, we are seeing customers benefit from our work and we know we are going in the right direction.
RAIN is on the way to becoming the One Ring That Rules Them All of software that helps small retailers play on the same field as national chains.
Actual seamless pulling in of repair data to the transaction screen, one product data base for your stores and your website store, actual seamless pulling in of layaway payments and special orders to the transaction screen, easily see who is selling what and where. Actual real effective help with re-order purchasing has helped us control spending in a very noticeable way. Time is saved because we only have to go through product order line items one time , then when it arrives, ONE click updates the cost for that instance and the count received.

Transfer tracking that takes almost no time to use.

Pros: integration

Cons: still developing some features

Mark B.
Music, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/21

"Great user friendly POS"

Comments: We had a nightmare with our old POS system and had to pretty much start all over with Rain. We are a local business but with tons of inventory. Over 5000 different piece of merchandise. So we were not looking forward to adding all those items again. But Rains interface makes it very easy, anyone can do it. The interface is laid out very simply and everything is right there without having to scroll through pages and pages to find an option you want. Features like repairs and rentals are also a big plus. Really the only negative thing I can say is the since it's cloud based you better have good internet or you will lose your register if you lose internet. But that's not Rains fault. Just make sure you have a reliable internet connection or a backup 4G method since you can run the POS from any phone or tablet. We have had the software for a little less than a year and although we are still adding products from our previous software crash with another company, we are enjoying the new fresh look and feature packed software provided by Rain.

Pros: Tons of features and easy to use.

Cons: To print a receipt there are too many steps. Wish it was easier or less time consuming.

• Reviewed on 2017/02/21
Tawni Y.
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/21

"Good"

Comments: For the most part, it's pretty good. Hope they continue to develop better reporting capabilities. Some quirks along the way - some get fixed, some they can't explain.

Pros: I like that it integrates inventory between our point of sale and our website. We also like being able to access customers' purchase history.

Cons: Bare bones reporting, i.e. for sales data. Many reports offer zero or very few "drill down" options for specifics.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/21
Peter V.
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/21

"Seamless Migration from Older POS System"

Pros: We went with RAIN for a number of reasons. Integration with our website, and in turn, Reverb.com was very important to us. We also liked RAIN's ability to migrate from our antiquated POS so that we had a relatively easy transition. Lastly, being a cloud based system allows our entire staff to work on the system from anywhere.

Cons: At first (about 12 months ago) RAIN was a bit clunky. Navigating was slow, they didn't allow enough pictures for our website, and the search function was not always effective. Also the Reverb integration had growing pains. The thing about RAIN is that they are constantly improving and correcting issues based on their customer's (ours) feedback. At this point the Reverb integration and search functions work perfectly and they now allow unlimited pics on each listing.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/21
Barbara C.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/07

"Rain software"

Comments: Now I don't have to physically go and check on inventory, the report tells me what needs to be ordered.

Pros: I love the ease of using it, the reports help out so much. Looking up customers history is a breeze.

Cons: I had trouble with my labels in the printing mode. I use a different size of label than they have on file. Not able to pick my own expatriation date on coupons or add new coupons.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/07
Brian M.
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/16

"Very functional adaptive website at a competitive price"

Pros: Easy plug and play design allows for unlimited updates and edits. Add the file and picture storage for customer access and this all in one service is a great solution for small businesses.

Cons: Limited blog post functionality with subscription options, some bugs in the system that have yet to be resolved.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/16
Jana A.
shop owner
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/08

"expanding, they listen to ideas and constantly make improvements"

Pros: its comprehensive. online inventory and instore inventory combined...awesome. very intuitive, very good tutorials and help functions.

Cons: none, I like the constant improvements. the only issue is the system randomly converts the default printer between the receipt printer and the label printer.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/08
Valerie S.
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/10

"Great!"

Pros: Everyone is always very helpful with questions I have on the software. A great Company to be doing business with!

Cons: It is hard to get pictures the right sizes for site. I make them the size that I have been told and when putting them on the website they are huge.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/10
Skye B.
marketing
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/13

"Hands down the worst customer service"

Comments: My last conversation with them included telling me that they have far too many customers to be able to look into every single error and that the only way they would look into an error is if I can replicate it for them. Let me repeat that: Only if their customer, generally non-I.T. trained people, can figure out what went wrong in their faulty system AND replicate it for them, will they take the time to see if I.T. errors need to be fixed. He literally told me that Rep is innocent until proven guilty. Customer service at its finest. Let that sink in.

Cons: As an advanced user of similar products, things as simple as field mapping is beyond their capabilities. For example, the receipts our customer's receive don't even break out the shipping and taxes, even though there are fields for it. Instead, they just see zeros. If this is too much for them to handle, imagine what else is. We've been waiting for them to fix that for close to a year now.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/13
Chris L.
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/29

"My initial experience was great. Now that I'm into year 2, not so great. No consistency in data."

Comments: The ability to link my inventory to my website.

Pros: I like the link between my inventory and the website. The program is somewhat intuitive so the ease of training staff is great.

Cons: Every time there is an update less of my product is picked up by my scanner. Moda inventory is easy than not available; no consistency. There is no easy way other than a bulk download to scan through products and update or delete.

Annette B.
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/23

"Rain Point of Sale review from the Scuba Diving Industry"

Comments: We switched to Rain POS 2.5 years ago. Customer service has been wonderful. There are some unique parts to our industry that are addressed with this tool, such as a rental program. We specifically like that the POS and Website are all on the same platform and are easy to update by us. This allows us to easily make changes to our on line shopping tool as well as marketing tools. We would highly recommend this for small to medium size businesses.

• Reviewed on 2017/02/23
Sherry C.
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/26

"Frustrating"

Comments: Misrepresentation of features and merchant pricing.

Pros: Integrated web and store inventory. Adding items once due to integration of web and physical store.

Cons: Cannot create unique reports.
No weekend support.
Lack of urgency by support.
No debit pin pad offered

• Reviewed on 2017/05/26
Mary virginia N.
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/17

"Love this system!"

Comments: I can get the reports I need and want. Tech support is wonderful. They are constantly updating and improving the software.

Pros: Product is very easy to use. It's nice that I can put items on my website right from the product page. Web page is easy to edit.

Cons: I wish there were more yarn and knitting notions vendors integrated into the system.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/17
Max L.
Music, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/07

"Great for a music shop like us. Room for improvement but they're working on it"

Comments: Anyone who has migrated from one system to another knows how time-intensive and frustrating the whole process can be. RAIN's support team made the onboarding experience as painless as possible. Their support has continued long after the initial onboarding and I feel very confident in their ability to help us whenever we hit a roadblock and need help. It's also encouraging to see their development team constantly fixing bugs and rolling out new features. They are not the kind of company to rest on their laurels.

Pros: RAIN lives in the cloud and being able to access our POS from any device is a huge advantage over the POSs we were using before. The Rent-To-Own module helped simplify a very important part of our business. Integrating with REVERB has helped extend our e-commerce reach across the country. The user interface is clean and user-friendly; just what you'd expect from a modern cloud-based platform.

Cons: The marketing platform did not meet our expectations. The email marketing in particular is not up to what I would consider industry standard in terms of the template builder, contact management, scheduled emails, segmented lists, and analytics. We have since dropped that add-on and went with ActiveCampaign which is light years ahead.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/07
Reeze H.
CEO/Designer
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/29

"Like-Sew websites have helped me build my online presence and streamline my business."

Comments: It was easy to use

Pros: It is easy to use and update, so I can create and modify my own products, and add products from the integrated industry catalogs. It provides me with useful information about my customers and sales transactions, data which really helps me keep and attract new customers. I especially like the batch product update feature so I can change a group of products at a time without having to individually update each product record. I have had good customer service, especially when there was a problem with the software. I have seen my sales grow and my professional online image enhanced. The cost is reasonable for my business so far. The video training is great and absolutely necessary to understand how to use the software efficiently. I also attended training at Fall Quilt Market which was excellent and highly informative.

Cons: I am disappointed that I am unable to integrate my email marketing with the website. In my opinion, The Marketing package is not as useful to online-only stores as it is to POS customers. The newsletter module is clunky and hard to work with. The email feature is useful, but since my email list is on a different service and not integrated, it is not as useful as it could be. It took awhile for my site to get up and running well, and to work out all the bugs. I had to be persistent in following up to get problems fixed and clear in my communication to be sure they understood what I was asking for.

James D.
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/29

"Really awesome features with some minor bugs"

Comments: Tech support has helped us so many times. First, they helped us figure out some of the features that we were not completely certain how to use. Then, when we encountered bugs, another quick call to Support and they had us back up and running within no time. I just wish that the program was not dependent on the internet. We’ve had a few times where the internet went out and we were not able to conduct business. This is not good, but it hasn’t happened too often, just enough to be mildly irritating.

Pros: This program is so easy to use, even for those who are not technologically literate. While we do not use all of the features, such as the rental option, we are really happy with the program. The fact that everything is stored in the cloud helps us when we are not in the store, such as with trunk shows. The tech support has been so helpful when we experienced bugs in the software, and they were very knowledgeable of the product. I have also found the SEO option of Rain, and we intend to utilize it to its fullest extent to promote our business and get our name out there.

Cons: There have been a few bugs in the software, but nothing that a quick call to support couldn’t fix. One thing that I did not like was when the internet went out. The fact that everything was based on the internet meant that we couldn’t use the cash register. This led to a loss of sales. Nothing too major, but it’s still significant. There should be a backup or a way to use the register when there is no internet connection. More traditional POS systems allow for use without internet, but for inventory reasons, something like Rain is required. Hopefully, they’ll release a version that stores a temporary backup on your system that updates the inventory once the internet is back up and running.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/29
Jeremy C.
Owner, COO
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/15

"The POS system that I was looking for."

Comments: I'm the owner of the NAMM 2015 & 2016 Top 100 Dealer, The Acoustic Shoppe in Springfield, MO. We tried the "big guy" of our industry, and found it to be outdated and not user friendly. After a year of attempting to get it up and running, we started looking for an alternative when we ran across RAIN POS. It feels like navigating a website through your browser so it was easy to learn. Within a little over one month we had our website built, products in our system, and were live with running transactions. I love that everything in in the cloud, so I can run sales in my parking lot, at festivals, trade shows, etc., or just access reports anywhere from my phone. Putting items on our website is just a button clicked, and inventory is shared online and locally so if I sell online, it's taken out of stock in my local system, and vise versa. So far customer support has been great to work with. We have run across a few minor bugs in the day to day use, but they are pretty quick at getting it straightened out. I'm sure it doesn't have all the depth of that other system, but I'm able to use it and they are adding features very quickly. We don't do rentals right now, so I can't say how well that part works. We do a lot of repairs, some sent off site, and the work order module works great for keeping up to date with the repair status. We're waiting on the Lessons module that we here is in the works, and a better way to handle consignments and trades. So far we are very happy with RAIN POS and our interactions with customer support. I highly recommend.

Pros: Ease of use, and integration with our e-commerce site.

Cons: There are a few features that I'm waiting on that will tailor the system more for the music industry.

Todd K.
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/15

"User friendly POS/Website for a small business."

Comments: Rain POS has allowed me to present the entire inventory of my retail shop available online. When photos for my items are not available from vendors, I snap a few with my iphone and they are uploaded in seconds.
I am not a computer tech by any means, but have found making changes to my site an easy task. When in doubt I find one of the helpful webinars and by he end of the viewing I am comfortable tackling the next task.
Customer service has been prompt and thorough. I have not had to call often, but when I do the matter is resolved within minutes. This is a plus as I typically operate my shop alone.
Recently I realized that I was not utilizing the SEO portion of Rain to it's fullest potential. My google placement was lagging back on pages 4 to 7. I spent 3 hours watching a webinar provided by Rain and spent a few weeks plucking away at my site. I am happy to say that 60 days later I am appearing on the first page of searches I deem important. One again I was able to accomplish this utilizing tools provided by Rain, not by paying an outside SEO company for this service.
Overall I am extremely happy with Rain and have recommended it to several other business in my area.

Pros: Ease of use even for a person not formally trained in computer technology.

Cons: Just a few small glitches here and there, but they continue to make improvements and they are quickly resolved.

Sherry M.
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/16

"Calico Cupboard"

Pros: I was using another online web service when I heard about Rain (Like Sew). I like what they were offering and the price was great compared to what I was paying. We signed up in 2013/14 and have not regretted it for a minute. I love being able to see what inventory we have, what our customers are buying, being to look back and tell a customer what a fabric was that they purchased.

Cons: There are always features and issues that could be improved upon but right now I'm happy with what we have.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/16
Daniel P.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/16

"Pinewski's Ski & Board Shop"

Comments: We have been with rain for several years now and have been very happy with the ease of use of our POS system. The professional handling of all our questions and needs, and their customer service, has been second to none. We are continually learning as Rain continues to improve the functionality of their program. We would rate Rain as a top notch program.

Pros: simple to use, but yet has the ability to fulfill all our POS needs.

Cons: the inability to make corrections to mistakes without contacting Rain i.e. reversing voids, having voided sales show up on my daily sales reports, and the customer history shot;ld show open sales and or on account sales as a different color or as an open sale rather than completed sale.

• Reviewed on 2017/02/16
Dagmar M.
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/30

"Rain POS / Like Sew Website Review"

Comments: I really benefit from the synced inventory. Overall, my experience with the POS and customer service has been positive.

Pros: It manages the inventory in real time between store and online purchases. Now that I have learned how to manage the website, it is easy to frequently change the home page, add new inventory and create promotions. The inventory catalog is a major time saver.

Cons: There are some surprising disconnects: although a customer is set up with 10% discount, the discount will only apply automatically when purchasing in the store. Somehow the store customer and the (same) web customer are not connected. Lack of integration with shipping companies. Cumbersome uploads to QuickBooks.