• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,4 /5
    4,6 /5

About CHEQROOM

Take full control of your assets with CHEQROOMs easy-to-use, innovative equipment management software.

Learn more about CHEQROOM

Gabriel A.
President/CEO
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/30

"Easy to use hardware/equipment management system with great support"

Comments: Greatly simplified the management of our equipment rental, allowing us to handle more and more reservations without getting mixed up. It's now an absolute standard in our daily toolbox of things we use to run our business.

Pros: We looked around at several inventory management systems but none of them were right. Cheqroom is exactly what we were looking for. An easy to use cloud-based inventory management system that would allow us to keep track of equipment rentals between two different warehouse locations. It is pretty robust but is easy enough for everyone in the office to use it to enter reservations, check out gear, check it back in, etc. I'd say the best element of Cheqroom is the support. They are always quick to reply when I have a question or need help. More than that, they don't just give a short canned response - They really dig in deep, understand the challenge, test on their end, and provide several suggestions on how to address the issue I am facing. They really want you to succeed with their service and so far it's been a huge life saver for us. Lastly, they have taken feedback and suggestions that I've provided and actually implemented them extremely quick. These updates, although minor, have helped the service really fit right in and work exactly as we need. Cheqroom is one of those companies that I actually am happy and enjoy being a client of theirs. I'm proud of it. I hope as they grow, they stay awesome.

Cons: I will not call this a con, rather just a special request...(NOTE: We have already discussed this and it's been added on their development roadmap so this is not only not a con, it's a pro because they are planning on doing something like this at some point!) Would be great to be able to manage non-inventory items - Small things that we want to keep track of how many we provided in the rental but don't want to track each item individually (e.g. How many charging cables did we give them with their rental).

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/07

Hey Gabriel, Wow! Thanks so much for your great review, you just made our day! :) We love building CHEQROOM together with you and all our users. Stay tuned for the upcoming features! :)
Let us know as always, if there is anything else we can do for you. -- Katalin

Technical Director, Filmmaking & Moving Image Arts at Sarah Lawrence College
Higher Education, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/21

"Life-changing equipment management software"

Comments: Great, small company. Very interactive. Always working to improve the software.

Pros: This software allowed me to simply my workflow tremendously. We used to use a combination of the library check out system, a google sheet for reservations and a printed sheet for accessories. Now it's all in one place. Cheqroom generates a PDF that is auto-emailed to students. This software has freed me up to take on and do so much other work, I'm not sure how I could go back to a time without Cheqroom!

Cons: Some of the setup can be a little complicated but their support is available to walk through any issues.

Hi,

Thank you for the great review. We're so happy to read that CHEQROOM changed your life and work. :-)

Also: feel free to make your identity know to our CS team, they'd love to thank you for this review ;-)

Cheers - Charlotte

Patrick D.
Audio Recording and Classroom Technology Specialis
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/03

"Overall this is pretty good. It gets the job done and is better than paper and pencil for sure."

Comments: We moved off of pen and paper equipment loan tracking. We can see what is available when much more easily and users can have access to view whats available at any time and create their own reservations.

Pros: I like that we finally have our equipment in a digital web based system that can be accessed from anywhere. It looks great and our organization is satisfied with it.

Cons: Most users find that it is not intuitive. Even my staff who have been using it for 9 months now regularly get confused and make mistakes or need to ask for direction for simple tasks. I would prefer if it functioned more like online shopping where you can browse equipment adding items to your cart before starting a reservation. It is not very efficient to start a reservation and then use a different interface to search for additional items to add to it and no one seems to be able to find the drop down which allows one to select multiple items to build a reservation. This is the most noted user complaint. Often users make several reservations for the same day time, one for each item, and then we have to go back and manually combine them. (which is also not very efficient, if the same user has several reservations it should be simple to tell them to combine into one reservation)

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/13

Hi Patrick, thanks so much for the feedback. I'd like to mention that we have added the feature of combining reservations by the same person on our roadmap. Also, when you go to your account, you'll see a lightning bolt symbol in the top-right corner. This could solve your problem as well, since it allows users to add items there to reserve during the day, as if you'd be using a 'shopping cart'. Hope you like it! - Mathilde

Bradley H.
Test Lab Supervisor
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/29

"A good solution for inventory management."

Comments: - Ability to track inventory
- Attach calibration sheets, instructions and information sheets to inventory items

Pros: Software provides a quick and easy way for our team to track and manage our inventory through an app on their smart phone. Customer service is quick and development team seems quite flexible in considering feedback from users.

Cons: It can be cumbersome to quickly and easily check the status of checkouts for any users that aren't Self Service. Due to how our department is structured, it doesn't make sense for our users to be Self Service.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/26

Hi Bradley,

Thank you for taking the time to review CHEQROOM!

I'm glad to hear you've been enjoying it so far.

About the self-service roles, if I understood correctly you'd like to filter check-outs and only see the ones made by users or admins? A way of doing this is by using colored labeling. If you're not using them yet, you can set up different labels for different roles and filter it by color. Here is some more information:

Hope this helps and if not, please reach out to us and we'll try and find a solution together!

All the best - Mathilde

Zoe Z.
Operations Manager
Broadcast Media, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/01

"Simple, Effective and Easy to Use"

Comments: Overall, we are very pleased with the Cheqroom software. It fulfils all our needs for the business and is simple and easy to use. I am most impressed with the customer support, over both the online chat box and emails. The team members always go above and beyond to assist you with any issue you have and even when I didn't get the answer I wanted to hear, I was satisfied with their response.

Pros: Obviously, going through and tagging and entering every piece of equipment was going to be a chore. But, using Cheqroom to do so, was simple and easy. We were looking for a simple piece of software that also has enough features to be worth our time and money, and Cheqroom fulfils all our needs.

Cons: There are features that our business could use that are missing from the Cheqroom software such as being able to delete an item and enforcing that users have to scan the barcode in order to check-out an item. However, I understand that there will always be features that would be useful to specific businesses and not all these can be fulfilled. The team at Cheqroom have been very satisfactorily answering any questions or requests I have had regarding the software.

Videoredacteur/camjo
501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/30

"It has a lot of functionality, but with all this functionality it gets hard to understand sometimes"

Comments: No more paper lists with all kind of scribbles but a good tool to keep track, all time everywhere.

Pros: You can do almost anything you want and there are a ton of features I dont even use. It helps us to keep track of everything and by this keep our users accountable for our products.

Cons: It should be able to use Cheqroom in a stupid simple mode for user to only checkout and checkin items for others. We use it to keep track of our cameragear but our infrequent user sometimes get lost in all the options to checkout: item, reservations,calendar, checkout. That's why sometimes our item won't get checked out correctly. A mode in which it is possible to only make a checkout or a check in would be great.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/06/13

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reviewing CHEQROOM and we really appreciate your thoughts.

For some users it can seem a lot if they'd only use CHEQROOM for check-outs, but you can give them the self-service role and adjust their access the way you'd like. I'd love to tell you more about it and how we can set it up together for your team, so feel free to reach out to me ([email protected]) at any time. I'd be happy to help!

Best - Mathilde

Guy Y.
IT System Administrator
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/06

"Very good make life easy"

Pros: That everything is under one app and I can use my phone do all checking and checkout that all

Cons: The new dashboard I don't like it's not giving me info and make thing not easy to see what's going on

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/23

Hey Guy, Thanks so much for such a great review! Happy that you're enjoying CHEQROOM! We'd be glad to help and see what and where you'd like differently on our dashboards. Thanks again! Katalin

• Reviewed on 2018/04/06
María fernanda E.
Field Marketing Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/27

"Great user experience and automation"

Comments: It has been great so far, our sales teams really value the efficiency of the tool and it has reduced our overall workload around 70%, no we can focus on tracking ROI of our demo program instead of chasing our sales teams to have the equipment returned.

Pros: This software helped us automate all the manual processes we used to run for our demo equipment loans within our sales teams. It now helps us track verything real-time and acquire really useful insights from the reports that the tool provides.

Cons: I would add even more options to customize the permissions for making reservations, improve the reporting tools and notification emails configurations. I also do not see mobile notifications enabled yet.

by CHEQROOM on 2020/06/02

Hey Maria Fernanda,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of CHEQROOM. It's awesome that you have been able to reduce your workload by 70%. What a nice number!

I'll make sure the CS team gets in touch with you to help you get the most out of the permissions, reporting and notifications.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/27
Priesh P.
IT Support Officer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/12

"Easy to use and administer."

Comments: - Ease of use
- Loan Asset management
- Demo session with a rep
- Excellent support from reps
- Great user interface
- Useful features
- New functionality added all the time
- No cons

Pros: When I first started to look at this application there was no function to email or automated email to customers when booking a resource or when it is overdue. This feature has been added in and works amazingly. A lot of the feature are beneficially to us and look forward all new features in the pipeline.

Cons: None at the moment but I'm sure if I think of any they will be in the pipeline to be added or improved.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/23

Priesh, wow! Thanks so much for such a great review! Stay tuned for the upcoming features -- let us know if you have any trouble. Good to see your team on board! Best, Katalin

• Reviewed on 2018/04/12
Jared A.
Sr IT manager

"Good checkout Software"

Comments: Good customer support.

Pros: Easy to add new items with the auto fill out feature.

Cons: Users find it hard sometimes to check out items.

Hi Jared,

Thanks for reviewing CHEQROOM! Maybe the videos on our help center could help your users better understand how to check out items? Check them out at help.cheqroom.com

Cecil F.
  • Reviewed on 2017/04/10

"Cheqroom Review"

Comments: I had a great customer service experience. I contacted our rep and he helped me out with a custom label template. We have a policy in which students must make the equipment request two days prior to pick up. Also, there is not equipment check over the weekend, due to the office being closed. I would like to request an update in which I could customize the system to correlate with our policies. For example, requestors could not schedule a same day pick up. The day of the request and the following day would not be available and, Saturday and Sunday would be un-selectable as well.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/26

Hi Cecil! First of all: thank you for having taken the time to review CHEQROOM. It really means a lot. Also, I'm happy to let you know that we are going to implement the business/school hours very soon, so I'll send you a message when it's activated :) All the best - Mathilde

• Reviewed on 2017/04/10
User Research Operations Lead
Internet, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/29

"Easy and intuitive to use. Has fundamentally changed how we manage our equipment"

Pros: It's intuitive and helps us keep track of our equipment. Since using Cheqroom, we have reduced the amount of loss and improved tracking.

Cons: I don't like the pop-up in the bottom. It calls attention away from what I want to do and it requires me to close it out every single time.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/07

Hey there, Thanks so much for your great review! Glad to hear that we could help you improve your tracking and reduced the loss! Stay tuned for the upcoming features!
As always, let us know if we can assist you with anything else. Thanks, Katalin

Micah L.
Studio Manager
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/03

"While Cheqroom is lacking some core features the overall product is amazing thus far."

Pros: It is intuitive and well thought out. The features available are well thought out and implemented in a way where the team obviously understands what is needed from an operational perspective.

Cons: It is lacking some core features we need, many of which are already on the way. For example, a minimum notice period for a user to make a self-booking. Allowing certain users to only access certain items in the inventory as well as metrics on the use of gear.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/06

Hey Micah, Thank you so much for such a great review. So glad you are enjoying our app -- stay tuned for the upcoming features! :)
Check out our reports and inventory access restriction modules and and as always, let us know if you run into any trouble. We're here for you anytime! -Katalin

Jennifer N.
Ops Director
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/04

"Customer service is exceptional"

Pros: I like the flexibility I have seen so far, however I am still playing with it that it can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons: Was just a little bit harder for me to understand without reading the how to instructions. I am adding that it should also have a phone app.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/13

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks so much for the nice review and feedback. We will be working on instruction videos, plus, you can find our free mobile app in the App Store and on Google Play! Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help! - Mathilde

• Reviewed on 2018/04/04
Michelle G.
Regional Field Controller WC
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/18

"What confuses me is the reservations vs checkout."

Comments: Amazing customer service.

Pros: The clarity and user experience of it all.
Creating reservations
The APP is a bit difficult to use in the sense that you can't search a barcode and scan it back in by item. Only the item is visible, not the item code.

Cons: Creating templates is difficult.
When I forget to checkout a reservation, I can't keep it on the system. The only option is to delete it which means we don't have the history.
When I upload images, it doesn't keep it, I have to upload everytime. The 'recent' function doesn't work properly.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/18
Georgia D.
Production Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/03

"Love it! It makes me feel so organised and less stressed about keeping track of things."

Pros: I love that you can have picture with each item, I was so stocked it syncs with the net so you don't have to take the photos yourself.

Cons: There's the odd time you wish there was more options to personalise but so far haven't found anything to be a major deterrent.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/06

Hey Georgia, Thank you so much for such a great review! So glad you are enjoying our app -- stay tuned for the upcoming features! :)
And as always, let us know how we can help you personalize it more and if you run into any trouble, we're here for you anytime! -Katalin

Henk S.
  • Reviewed on 2015/05/07

"Great tool that saves me a lot of time and money"

Comments: - Affordable

Managing Partner
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/14

"Equipment Management"

Comments: CheqRoom has been pretty convenient. While the mobile version is not quite as reliable as the desktop version, it serves it's purpose. We get a lot of use out of it.

Pros: I Like the feature of the QR code scanning. It completely eliminates the need for paperwork. I can always get through cheqroom quickly versus the time I would spend working on a spreadsheet, otherwise. Plus, it keeps up with everything in realtime so you can not beat the accuracy.

Cons: The mobile software does not always work as well as the desktop version works. It tends to be a little buggy and just randomly closes. Also, it tends to get irritating that the time on the due date always has to be reset.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/14
Boyd P.
Director Of Operations
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/02

"CheqRoom helps track equipment with minimal effort"

Comments: We are using this software to track video equipment with a group of freelance professionals. It is important to know where the equipment is and not have any double-bookings. Cheqroom has worked well in this regard.

Pros: I have been looking for different asset management software and have found that Cheqroom is really good at getting up and going quickly. It is great at finding asset pictures online so uploading isn't necessary.

Cons: The mobile software is buggy and doesn't seem to work exactly like the desktop version. Most of the freelancers seem to get confused with the assets and not always being able to find them. I generally have them use the Desktop version even though it is sometimes less convenient.

by CHEQROOM on 2019/05/20

Hi Boyd,

Hope you're well and thanks for reviewing CHEQROOM!

I'm happy to hear you've been enjoying it overall, but would like to learn more about your mobile app experience to see how we can improve it. :-)

Hope to talk soon!
Mathilde

• Reviewed on 2019/05/02
Andrew T.
Instructor of Digital Media
Higher Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/05

"It is the easiest, cleanest way to manage all of our Film equipment, among 100+ students."

Comments: We gained the ability to monitor how our gear is being used. and a fair way to distribute it among all of our students.

Pros: I love the glossy feel. I love knowing where all our expensive gear is at any given moment. I love feeling like I'm in control. I like that I can create kits of gear, and pull items into repairs when needed. I like the calendar view a lot. I like having uniform labels for everything. Customer Service is fast and very helpful. I love that all users have signed a TOA and agree to our legal terms. That helps me as an administrator rest easy.

Cons: I really wish there was a better way to restrict items based on a users skill level. i.e., Someone in a basics class has access to certain camcorders, and other students in an advanced cinematography class have access to our DSLRs. As it is now, we're using locations as a weird work around. I don't like it much at all. it causes as many problems as it solves. If an advanced student wants to reserve lights and a DSLR.. they have to make two reservations, one from the 'advanced' location and the other from our 'basic' location. I really hope they add the feature to restrict gear rentals based on users skill level soon.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/06

Hey Andrew, Wow! Thank you so much for such a great review. We like that you are enjoying our app -- stay tuned for the upcoming features! :)
We're working on new access restriction solutions. As always, let us know if you have a new request, we're here for you anytime! -Katalin

• Reviewed on 2018/04/05
Tom W.
VP of Programs & Vendor Relations (Volunteer)
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/02

"This was the product we were looking for. Not too big and bloated yet not under powered and lacking."

Comments: This software gave us the ability to track all of the equipment we loan to internal customers. We can not only track the equipment but we can also see and be alerted to when it is due back.

Pros: The flexibility that Cheqroom gives us to handle assets to loan is great. It also provides many ways to look at your reservations, loans, and equipment. The feature I use the most as a manager is the Dashboard. I can quickly and easily see what equipment is out, when it is due, who has it, etc. Being web based makes it super easy to be able to quickly click on just about anything to look deeper. The most important feature for us is the ability for Cheqroom to create an electronic form for our customers that includes the terms of the loan and what they are borrowing.

Cons: One feature that is lacking is the ability to email people from the application. Having to pay for third party support is not great. I also am not thrilled about the reports. There is a very limited amount of canned reports and no option to create your own. Having the ability to export a report into Excel or CSV would be helpful as well.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/25

Hey Tom, Thanks so much for such a great review! Happy to share with you that from now on you can configure automated notifications directly from CHEQROOM, no extra third party needed anymore! :) Stay tuned for the upcoming new features. :) Cheers, Katalin

• Reviewed on 2018/04/02
Mark C.
Teacher, Station Manager
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/03

"It works wells for us checking equipment in and out at our high school TV station."

Comments: Peace of mind knowing where our equipment is at and who has it.

Pros: Ability to track the equipment and then go back and look at records is a nice feature. Being able to put all of our equipment in and access it easily is also nice. Multiple equipment check outs has bceom easier too.

Cons: Would like to see customizable due dates- when I check someone out right now, I have to change the due date time every single time. Our stuff is always due at the same time the next day, and having to go in and physically change the time something is due is a pain. Would like to set it for 8:30am no matter what day it's due.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/16

Hi Mark, thanks so much for taking the time to review CHEQROOM! Glad to hear you like most of our features and the ease of use. I understand that having a set due date would save you some time and I'm sorry we don't have that option available at the moment. I'll put your name next to this request so we will notify you when there's an update! All the best - Mathilde

Ashley M.
Construction, 11-50 Employees

"Easy to use"

Comments: The team are easy to work with. The implementation process was simple and user friendly.

Pros: The phone application and the barcode reader on are simple to use. Our staff can book out items in batches or groups.
Cheqroom is an easy place to store information for quick and easy access

Cons: Items which require frequent calibration need to have a warranty period entered as a work around solution presently.
If Cheqroom was to add a calibration date feature with reminder it would be great

Kaitlyn B.
Creative Media Manager/Producer
Marketing & Advertising, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/29

"CHEQROOM is a great tool for accountability and knowledge amongst teammates and organizations."

Comments: Aside from fulfilling an audit requirement, we now have a process in place for equipment tracking and management that is working out very well for us. In reflection, we're quite lucky that the auditors saw the need for more accountability and specificity regarding our departmentally purchased gear. We know when to plan for shoots around other team members and their production schedules. We know what gear is available. And we now have an up to date log of the status of our gear, with the ability to flag a particular item when repair, replacement, or cleaning is necessary. CHEQROOM has created a greater sense of accountability, responsibility, and knowledge amongst our team and the broader institution.

Pros: CHEQROOM's scanning software is incredible. When utilizing the scan function for simple check out/check in or equipment it is executed with ease and speed. The log that that then generates on our profile is a great tool for accountability and insight. It's also a great resource for keeping up to date with equipment upkeep, i.e. repairs, replacements, and general cleaning.

Cons: The set-up and functionality is very easy when you're first getting started within CHEQROOM. However, we sometimes have difficulty with the ease of use when manually checking out/reserving items on the desktop. Specifically in compiling the list of items/kits for check out/reservation. The process isn't as intuitive as one would imagine. It appears to be a design issue. With some clarifying of information that is displayed on the screen I imagine this could be remedied fairly easily.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/06/13

Hey Kaitlyn,

Thank you for reviewing CHEQROOM and glad to hear it has been helping you and your team a lot. We really appreciate your thoughts!

I'd like to learn more about your struggles when manually checking out items and what information could be useful there. Could you perhaps send me a message at [email protected] so we can come up with a solution?

Thanks so much and talk soon! - Mathilde

Hannah N.
Service Desk Coordinator
Computer Hardware, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/22

"Cheqroom for equipment deployment and inventory"

Comments: I really enjoy Cheqrooms, it has made my work a lot easier and helps to keep my entire team more organized and our equipment coming back on time. Overall, our department is much more professional and organized after the switch to your software. Thank you!

Pros: I like the user-friendly features. It is very straightforward when creating items and profiles. I like the option of creating and deleting fields as well.

Cons: I wish to customize the emails that are sent out to customers. Often time they look like spam and I would like to change the message to suit our use and personnel.

Hey Hannah,

Thanks for your great review! It's really nice to hear that CHEQROOM made your department more professional and organized, that's exactly what we built this software for!

I'll make sure the customer success team gets in touch with you to walk you through the email customization options.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/22