• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,5 /5
    4,6 /5

About CHEQROOM

Take full control of your assets with CHEQROOMs easy-to-use, innovative equipment management software.

Learn more about CHEQROOM

Mary L.
Equipment Services Associate
Higher Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/28

"Great product for tracking loaner equipment"

Comments: I've just started using the program for my workcenter after switching from another program. It took a little getting used to because it was different than my other program but I am enjoying it now. The main point is that I know where my gear is and that is very important!

Pros: This software is easy to use and fairly intuitive. It allows my organization to make checkout and reservation records as well as keep details on all of our loaning gear. I like that it is easy to customize information on your own or with their help. Support is very helpful if needed.

Cons: Nothing at this time. I like the software.

Hi Mary,

Thank you so much for your 5 stars review of CHEQROOM! I'll share it with the entire team, it'll make their day :-)

• Reviewed on 2020/05/28
Kevin B.
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/02

"My go-to equipment management platform."

Pros: + I tagged all my equipment with asset tags, and that saves me a lot of time.
When I'm in a hurry, I can easily use the mobile app to check all my equipment in or out.
+ I also keep my invoices safe with the related equipment. That way, I never need to search. + Since many people are using our equipment, the flagging feature is crucial in our workflow. We can't afford to have broken equipment on set. This feature prevents us from losing time and motivation.

Cons: - Some things can be fixed with UX/UI. But once you know it it's fine.

by CHEQROOM on 2020/06/15

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that CHEQROOM helps you save time and keeps you and your team motivated.

Cheers! Charlotte

• Reviewed on 2020/06/02
María fernanda E.
Field Marketing Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/27

"Great user experience and automation"

Comments: It has been great so far, our sales teams really value the efficiency of the tool and it has reduced our overall workload around 70%, no we can focus on tracking ROI of our demo program instead of chasing our sales teams to have the equipment returned.

Pros: This software helped us automate all the manual processes we used to run for our demo equipment loans within our sales teams. It now helps us track verything real-time and acquire really useful insights from the reports that the tool provides.

Cons: I would add even more options to customize the permissions for making reservations, improve the reporting tools and notification emails configurations. I also do not see mobile notifications enabled yet.

Hey Maria Fernanda,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of CHEQROOM. It's awesome that you have been able to reduce your workload by 70%. What a nice number!

I'll make sure the CS team gets in touch with you to help you get the most out of the permissions, reporting and notifications.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/27
Michelle T.
Deputy Editor, Video
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/29

"The website works okay, but the app experience is not great."

Comments: Making my shooters self-sufficient with reservations has been a game changer. It used to take up a huge chunk of my time just managing gear sign-outs, but now Cheqroom gives them the ability to put holds on coveted items and flags potential scheduling conflicts. That's awesome.

Pros: The most useful feature is using the software for gear inventory. Master online list of all equipment with serial numbers that you can sort through by different categories is a huge step up from a shared google document.

Cons: My department shooters mostly use the software to reserve equipment. They can predict gear conflicts prior to their shoot dates and sort it out amongst themselves. But the system to convert these reservations to check outs is sketchy. Often times, items will be held up in progress and won't convert properly. Also, because the app experience is so clunky, my shooters just won't convert their reservations. I usually do it for them, but often I miss them and then I can't retroactively check them out and back in again.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/26

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to review CHEQROOM, we appreciate it!

Just wanted to let you know that we have a new version (3.5.15) of the mobile app available now, so hopefully your shooters will have a better experience using it!

Feel free to reach out any time you're having questions, we're happy to help and make your experience as great as possible.

All the best - Mathilde

Senior Staff Geotechnical Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/29

"Great software that has helped us manage field equipment sharing across a large team."

Comments: Equipment/asset management, equipment sharing, detailed inventory, potential for automated equipment billing.

Pros: Easy to customize fields, excellent QR code scanning, and now built-in automatic notifications. I am hopeful we will have mobile push notifications soon so it's not always an inundation of Cheqroom emails. Customer support has been excellent and updates with tangible improvements are regularly being released.

Cons: The mobile app is often difficult for users and many people on our team prefer to always use the web app. The main reason for this is the lack of a calendar view in the mobile app. It is difficult to see if there will be conflicts with a particular reservation/checkout and can sometimes lead to issues with equipment transfer between users.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/26

Hi! Thank you so much for reviewing CHEQROOm and sharing your thoughts. I'm also happy to hear that we have overall made your equipment management easier! I thought I'd mention that our new version of the mobile app can now show push notifications for due reservations and overdue check-outs, and the calendar view is definitely something we want to add. I'll keep you posted when it does and once again, thanks for sharing. All the best- Mathilde

Danielle O.
Associate Director of Creative Video
Sports, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/26

"Perfect for Sports Media Production"

Comments: We cover 18 sports at Iowa State and so there are a lot of events to cover in a given weekend. Cheqroom allows us to plan on who will being using what equipment so everyone can get what they need for a given video shoot. There is a lot less scrambling and messages of trying to figure out who has what equipment.
It has also helped us hold people accountable for equipment they checkout. We have had a lot less items go missing. Overall it has been a huge time saving and cost saving system for our department.

Pros: The best part about the software is the ease of use. It is easy to add items to the system, easy to create reservations and checkouts and is easy to teach new users.

Cons: Occasionally we will have staff that have issues with the phone app, but most of the time closing the app and reopening resolves any issues.

Hi Danielle,

Thank you so much for the great review. Being able to save time and costs is exactly why CHEQROOM was built for :-). Glad to hear it's working so well for your department.

Don't hesitate to report any issues encountered with the app at [email protected]

Tom W.
VP of Programs & Vendor Relations (Volunteer)
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/02

"This was the product we were looking for. Not too big and bloated yet not under powered and lacking."

Comments: This software gave us the ability to track all of the equipment we loan to internal customers. We can not only track the equipment but we can also see and be alerted to when it is due back.

Pros: The flexibility that Cheqroom gives us to handle assets to loan is great. It also provides many ways to look at your reservations, loans, and equipment. The feature I use the most as a manager is the Dashboard. I can quickly and easily see what equipment is out, when it is due, who has it, etc. Being web based makes it super easy to be able to quickly click on just about anything to look deeper. The most important feature for us is the ability for Cheqroom to create an electronic form for our customers that includes the terms of the loan and what they are borrowing.

Cons: One feature that is lacking is the ability to email people from the application. Having to pay for third party support is not great. I also am not thrilled about the reports. There is a very limited amount of canned reports and no option to create your own. Having the ability to export a report into Excel or CSV would be helpful as well.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/25

Hey Tom, Thanks so much for such a great review! Happy to share with you that from now on you can configure automated notifications directly from CHEQROOM, no extra third party needed anymore! :) Stay tuned for the upcoming new features. :) Cheers, Katalin

• Reviewed on 2018/04/02
Jason G.
IT
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/29

"Great product. It's brought much needed order to our equipment inventory, and users like it."

Pros: Good set of features, which covers everything we need it to do. Nice clean interface; users figured it out with little trouble. The team behind it seems motivated and friendly.

Cons: These are very minor, but two suggestions. 1) Have reservations/checkouts update without having to refresh the page. 2) In the grid view of reservations/checkouts, add a title attribute to the img tags for the thumbnails, so you can hover on them and see the item's name without having to open up the reservation or checkout.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/07

Hey Jason, Thanks so much for such a great review! We'll discuss your suggestions; just stay tuned for the upcoming features! :)
As always, let us know if we can help you with anything else! -- Katalin

Chris N.
IT Director
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/05

"Been using it to manage IT equipment checkout and so far it works well."

Comments: many, it's easy to use and web based.

Pros: I like that I can quickly and easily reserve equipment for people when I need to and that I can give users the ability to make reservations themselves. Being web based is a major plus.

Cons: The cost for the product once you get past 50 items is a bit more than i would like, but it get's the job done and i haven't found anything I like more so I suppose it's worth it.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/25

Hey Chris, Thanks so much for such a great review! Happy that you're enjoying the app -- stay tuned for the upcoming features! :) Thanks again, Katalin

• Reviewed on 2018/04/05
Dominic T.
Camera Operator and Video Editor
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/03

"Good software and one of the few available out there. Great communication from Chase team."

Comments: The ability to track and manage our assets across many projects and people.
Better efficiency for other processes in our company.

Pros: The ability to view all your assets with the touch of a button and pull important info about these items.

Cons: The search function is not great. If I want to search for a Nikon 24mm lens, then I can't simply type in Nikon 24mm. I am forced to type in "Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24 mm" or whatever official name it has.
Most people don't put things like "AF-S" or "Nikkor" in their search. For admin purposes its important for us to name items under their full official name.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/06/13

Hi Dominic,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to review CHEQROOM and happy to hear it has improved the efficiency!

I also wanted to let you know that we have improved the search function, you can read more about it here: http://help.cheqroom.com/learn-more/advanced-searching-in-cheqroom

Hope this solves your problem and if not, feel free to reach out any time! I'd be happy to help and find a solution for you and your team. Best - Mathilde

• Reviewed on 2018/04/03
Clayton M.
Equipment Coordinator
Construction, 51-200 Employees

"Cheqroom Review"

Comments: Cheqroom has made the company's and my life much easier. i would recommend this app to any other company needing a program like this.

Pros: Software makes tracking equipment very easy and quick. The program is appealing, and user friendly.

Cons: Some minor glitches when searching equipment, locations, etc. Refreshing or logging out and back in corrects the issue.

Hey Clayton,

Waw! Thanks for the 5 stars and 10/10 review . It's really nice to read that CHEQROOM has made your life easier. The customer success team will get in touch with you to discuss the glitches you have encountered.

Thanks! Charlotte

Senior Producer
Media Production, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/26

"Solid equipment management system"

Pros: Once you get the hang of Cheqroom, it's easy to navigate and see existing reservations and available gear. There is a ton of functionality hidden within. I appreciate the emailed reminders as well.

Cons: There are a few extra steps to take to book gear that slow down the process and leave some members of our team without a fully-checked-out reservation. Some of the UX could be more user-friendly and takes some getting used to.

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to review CHEQROOM. We're happy to hear that everything is going well for you. If you'd like to know more about more of "hidden functionalities" ;-), hop on one of our weekly webinars (cheqroom.com/webinars) or find us on YouTube as our channel is full of handy videos.

Feel free to get in touch with CS to discuss the slow booking process as I'm sure they'll have some tips for you.

Myburgh V.
Studio Lead
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/15

"Great"

Pros: It allows me to do what I need to do. It's a software solution to a administrative problem and it's fairly adequate at this stage.

Cons: There's nothing that I don't like per se. There's always an argument for more customisation, but that's a circular argument.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/06/19

Hi there! Hope you're doing great and thank you so much for leaving this great review, we really appreciate it! :)

I've added the reporting and depreciation feature to your account: thought you'd might like them and here's some more information:

- http://help.cheqroom.com/items-and-kits/using-the-reporting-and-data-analysis-tool

- http://help.cheqroom.com/items-and-kits/calculate-depreciation-and-book-value-of-equipment

Let me know if there's something else I could help you with! - Cheers, Mathilde

• Reviewed on 2018/06/15
Ricky C.
Technology and Facilities Manager
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/21

"Good software and is improving"

Comments: Cheqroom has helped us really start to develop a good process around tracking our equipment rooms assets. Web-based reservations and checkouts have been a great improvement for our college. Cheqroom's support has been helpful as we've started to roll out the software and they are open to feature requests (and following up when they get launched).

by CHEQROOM on 2017/03/21

Hi Ricky,

Thanks you so much for your review!

We're continually improving our software. Please keep your ideas and feedback coming.

Cheers,
Vincent

• Reviewed on 2017/03/21
Jennifer N.
Ops Director
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/04

"Customer service is exceptional"

Pros: I like the flexibility I have seen so far, however I am still playing with it that it can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons: Was just a little bit harder for me to understand without reading the how to instructions. I am adding that it should also have a phone app.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/13

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks so much for the nice review and feedback. We will be working on instruction videos, plus, you can find our free mobile app in the App Store and on Google Play! Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help! - Mathilde

• Reviewed on 2018/04/04
Jordan J.
Regional Entertainment Director
Performing Arts, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/06

"Good, sometimes frustrating"

Comments: Inventory management, the ability to schedule out equipment.

Pros: I love the ability to scan custom barcodes, I love the flagging feature, and I like the scheduling of reservations.

Cons: The mobile app is finicky and crashes a lot, and doesn't have a lot of the same functionality as the website.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/06/13

Hey Jordan, thank you for the feedback and great to hear you're liking those features! About the mobile app, do you mind explaining us a bit more in detail about the issues you've been having and what device you have been using? We'd like to look into it more, to make sure it doesn't happen again! All the best - Mathilde

• Reviewed on 2018/04/06
Gabriel A.
President/CEO
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/30

"Easy to use hardware/equipment management system with great support"

Comments: Greatly simplified the management of our equipment rental, allowing us to handle more and more reservations without getting mixed up. It's now an absolute standard in our daily toolbox of things we use to run our business.

Pros: We looked around at several inventory management systems but none of them were right. Cheqroom is exactly what we were looking for. An easy to use cloud-based inventory management system that would allow us to keep track of equipment rentals between two different warehouse locations. It is pretty robust but is easy enough for everyone in the office to use it to enter reservations, check out gear, check it back in, etc. I'd say the best element of Cheqroom is the support. They are always quick to reply when I have a question or need help. More than that, they don't just give a short canned response - They really dig in deep, understand the challenge, test on their end, and provide several suggestions on how to address the issue I am facing. They really want you to succeed with their service and so far it's been a huge life saver for us. Lastly, they have taken feedback and suggestions that I've provided and actually implemented them extremely quick. These updates, although minor, have helped the service really fit right in and work exactly as we need. Cheqroom is one of those companies that I actually am happy and enjoy being a client of theirs. I'm proud of it. I hope as they grow, they stay awesome.

Cons: I will not call this a con, rather just a special request...(NOTE: We have already discussed this and it's been added on their development roadmap so this is not only not a con, it's a pro because they are planning on doing something like this at some point!) Would be great to be able to manage non-inventory items - Small things that we want to keep track of how many we provided in the rental but don't want to track each item individually (e.g. How many charging cables did we give them with their rental).

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/07

Hey Gabriel, Wow! Thanks so much for your great review, you just made our day! :) We love building CHEQROOM together with you and all our users. Stay tuned for the upcoming features! :)
Let us know as always, if there is anything else we can do for you. -- Katalin

• Reviewed on 2018/03/30
Joseph T.
IT Coordinator
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/21

"This can do almost everything you need"

Comments: I couldn't do much automaton in the beginning but the CheQRoom team us always working on improving and I have to say it does get better. Now they have build in automation and I don't have to use 3rd party software.

Pros: I love how you can setup automation from email to reminders and time alarms so I don't have to waist my time going through and finding who's late.

Cons: For my particular use the calendar is worthless, all I see is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] streaks all across the calendar.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the great review! Happy to hear that the email reminders and alarms are saving you so much time. I'll make sure the customer success team gets in touch to find out if they can help you out with the calendar.

Tyler W.
Product Test Leader
Machinery, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/26

"Solid Structure and Process, UI & UX need improvement"

Comments: CHEQROOM is a solid product for a dedicated userbase who can access its potential and implement strong processes and workflows. For the casual user if not clearly defined what to do can get lost in the sauce of the program and get overwhelmed. And upgrade or redesign of the UI/UX would be a great improvement especially if targeting broader applications. Was very useful in planning when multiple teams are using the same capital hardware (test equipment) and it has to be managed by multiple levels of priority and timelines.

Pros: Multi-use sign out and accountability on equipment was the most direct advantage when first implemented. The planning and reserving equipment was also ideal when project planning and evaluating resources working with other leaders to accommodate changing project timelines and requirements. Desktop and App integration was a good feature.

Cons: Found it difficult to get a hang of the check in and check out process. Could potentially be due to our implementation which I'm not sure how involved customer support was. We had in-house support from a engineering lab leader who led the sourcing and implementation. I found enough barriers in the process that I avoided it if not necessary to the task. I never went out of my way to try to implement it for my workflow rather used it sparingly when I had a specific request.

Matthew V.
Project Geologist
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/24

"Functional, flexible, and reliable software. Great customer service."

Comments: We have 20 daily users and another 20 occasional users, and a few hundred items to track. CheQRoom functions almost perfectly every day, every hour. Reliable. And if something seems wrong, customer service is very good.

Pros: CheQRoom works great for us. Stable, functional, has all the features and options we need. When we have questions or problems, customer service is extremely good - fast, very knowledgeable, very friendly.

Cons: The usability of the UI is good, not great. Even some experienced users occasionally make operating errors because the right button or feature is not prominent on certain pages or screens.

Hey Matthew,

Thanks for your super positive review :-) Glad to hear that CHEQROOM is working so well for you and your team. Our customer success team will be happy to hear you appreciate their work! Also, feel free to share more specific feedback on the UI with them if you haven't done so.

All the best, Charlotte

• Reviewed on 2020/05/24
Benjamin R.
Tech
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/29

"Cheqroom is a custom fit Musical Instrument checkout management."

Comments: The customer support is above and beyond. They are active listener and really want to understand your application of their service. Once understood they come up with logical ways to implement your ideas into what functions they have. And they keep track of your request and will notify you if there is a new feature that may apply to you. They are the best I've worked with.

Pros: Checqroom has many advantages over other asset tracking solutions. The Navigation is efficient and provides many avenue to locating items, reservation, checkouts and report. The report and automated communications are very customizable with parameters that can pull information from item or contact details. Importing and Exporting information is well thought out and the SSO integration is a real time saver from a management perspective.

Cons: The only Con for us, is the cost. Comparatively, they are cheaper than the bigger players in the Asset Tracking service. Lesser services exist with much less features and customizability.

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you so much for your great review. Glad to hear that CHEQROOM is working so well for you. I'll also make sure the CS team knows how satisfied you are about their work ;-)

• Reviewed on 2020/05/29
Pouya N.
Film/Broadcast Producer
Religious Institutions
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/28

"Streamlining Asset Management and Self-Checkout"

Comments: Our production studio considered probably over a dozen asset management systems before we chose Cheqroom. Our consensus was that Cheqroom was the only forward moving company that really strived to innovate and take asset management and check-out into the 21st century.
If you're curious about our workflow here it is:
We run a creative studio within a church organization. People who handle our equipment range from creative professionals to departments that need to borrow, let's say a card reader. Each person on our production crew has their own account and they use the app to scan and self-check-out equipment. The departments can drop by anytime while our studio is open and we ring up their items for them under an account made just for their department as a whole. Self-checkout is HUGE and what takes it to the next level is the mobile apps. QRs are annoying once in a while, but great most of the time as they are the best choice for mobile/camera scanning. Barcodes work too but sometimes mobile cameras have a hard time resolving the close lines.
Well those are my thoughts. Cheqroom is has worked well for us and until someone else does something significant on the block, it is pretty much a no-brainer. P.S. Did I mention that one of my favorite features about Cheqroom is assigning photos to an item?? Oh yeah, you just type in or copy and paste the item name and it automatically pulls a few photos from the internet. That's right. Welcome to the 21st century. Cheers.

by CHEQROOM on 2018/04/07

Hey Pouya, Wow! Thanks so much for such a great review! :) Don't forget to check out our new features: automated notifications, reporting and depreciation! And as always, let us know if we can help you with anything else, we're here for you! -- Katalin

• Reviewed on 2017/03/28
Brett R.
Filmmaker
Religious Institutions, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/21

"How Cheqroom saved our sanity"

Comments: We will continue to use Cheqroom as long as we have camera gear to check out. As we grow, we will implement all of our new items as well. As our staff grows, our inventory grows, and Cheqroom can handle it all.

Pros: Cheqroom is a super easy software that we use to check out our gear on a daily basis. We love the simplicity of how it operates, the notifications if something is late, and knowing who has what at all times.

Cons: We have yet to find a single thing that we don't like about Cheqroom. It always functions correctly and the ease of use when you get items QR coded is amazing!

Hey Brett,

Thank you so much for the 5-star, 10/10 review. We're very happy that you love CHEQROOM's ease-of-use and are looking forward to growing with us.