Filter by:

• Overall

About Kudos

Only for companies with more than 500 employees, Kudos is an enterprise peer-to-peer employee recognition and corporate social network.

Learn more about Kudos

Michael M.
Senor Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/10

"Makes a difference on a distributed team"

Comments: Kudos provide an often overlooked element to interpersonal communication that's important for company culture and teams. That little bit of positive reinforcement goes a long ways.

Pros: Kudos is integrated with Slack and makes it easy to throw out some quick recognition for my team members. With everyone working from home, it adds the much-needed positive acknowledgement that everyone needs to feel connected.

Cons: Occasionally we would have connectivity issues or long delays before a Kudo would be delivered. Hopefully they're working on that!

• Reviewed on 2021/03/10
Brandon S.
VP Operations
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/05

"Kudos has helped us all remember (and reward) our important employee contributions."

Comments: More employee engagement, visibility into employee traits, and more workplace fun.

Pros: Kudos' web-based application makes it easy and fun for employees to thank each other, and we've had great success integrating it into our existing Employee Rewards program. We reviewed five similar employee incentive websites, and Kudos definitely had the best interface, reward options, and price. With Kudos, employees are allotted a predetermined amount points every first of the month. You give these points -- tied with a number of present qualities -- to teammates in a public or private post. That feature (along with the reporting) gives us valuable insight into what kinds of things people are getting recognized for over time. But the most important points-related aspect is that you can't spend points unless you receive them from others giving you thanks/kudos. So, everyone has separate giving and spending balances in this system. Spendable points quickly accrue towards a number of digital gift cards for venues like Amazon.com, but we've also created custom, company-specific rewards like time off or vending machine coins for free food and drinks. Kudus even automatically gives points for employee birthdays and work anniversaries. I also like that Kudos is being updated with new features and fixes every month or two, including things I thought about or suggested. There are many more features and benefits to mention here; you'll just have to take a demo to see it in action.

Cons: There isn't much that I don't like about Kudos. Some of the backend features are put in places you wouldn't expect, so the website could be more intuitive. Also, there really isn't a good way to correct points given in error, whether the points were given to an unintended person or the points were the wrong amount.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/05
Brian C.
Corporate Trainer
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/27

"Easy to use with tons of support if you need it"

Comments: Kudos has been exceptional in bringing a higher level of employee recognition to our organization. It is already used much more often than previous recognition platforms we've attempted. People have been having fun with Kudos and it has been very warmly welcomed. Any of the problems we've had with Kudos has been easily rectified. I would definitely recommend Kudos to anybody looking for a recognition platform for their organization.

Pros: Kudos is a great platform for recognizing associates. It is extremely intuitive and easy to use, I was able to learn the platform quickly and easily with a minimal amount of support from Kudos. Anything that was difficult to learn was easily researched on Kudos' help pages. Even though I was able to learn the platform with a minimal amount of support, Kudos was there every step of the way with any help that I may need. The support was very responsive and if there was anything they needed to research and get back to me, I would have answers generally within 24-48 hours. The rep has been amazing in making sure I feel like I always have a connection to Kudos to quickly take care of any issues. The software is very easy to learn for our associates, it is set up similarly to other social media sites which help ease users into it. The rewards are also extremely easy to use with a very fast response, our associates love being able to cash in for a reward and get it nearly instantly.

Cons: The only problem we've had is likely just related to how our organization is set up. We would love a way to set a flag on certain individuals so that they can not receive points (such as setting our upper management to be unable to receive points, we want to save our point funds for the associates), but at the same time we want upper management to still receive Kudos. There are work-arounds for this, but it would be nice to have a simple flag you can set on certain users. I would also enjoy the ability to be able to customize the point values on the Thank you, Good Job, Impressive, and Exceptional Kudos; but again, this was very easy to work around.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/27
Brooklyn C.
Operations Assistant

"Kudos for Kudos!"

Comments: Kudos support is on-the-ball! I am comfortable asking for the assistance I need as questions arise, and I know they will have a solution to offer promptly. Their reps are personable and convey warmth and friendliness via email and phone. As a side note, our team LOVES Blobby. A handful of our top senders select a different Blobby for every post, adding color and personality to the timeline. It took me a bit to warm to Blobby, but having seen him fill our timeline, he has grown on me!

Pros: I love that it is customizable--our company uses a very trimmed-down, simple version of Kudos. We sometimes have trouble with folks being receptive to change, but adoption of the Kudos platform over our previous recognition platform has been better than we could've asked, thanks to Kudos being willing to adapt to our needs.

Cons: I wish the window to edit posts was indefinite, especially for administrators. As an administrator, I award our company's Kudos award badges, and I've made a few mistakes along the way, sometimes after the 24 hour edit window has closed, forcing me to archive the award and give it again, which messes up the date convention and exposes my goof to the masses ;) It would be nice if administrators had the ability to edit at any time.

Samantha D.
Supply Team Agent
Consumer Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/05

"Super simple, smooth software that aides in motivating employees"

Comments: Kudos has assisted with providing a means of self motivation for the current employees. Once they see the prize they want, they are then motivation to go above and beyond at work with the hopes of receiving kudos. Employees often continue to give 110% until they get the item that they want. With the prizes being updated every so often it provides a means to continuously keep that 110% effort going. For example, an apple watch is quite an expensive piece, but through hard work and using kudos, you can obtain the expensive piece without having to come out of pocket. When employees are learning a new program or software that can be frustrating, using the kudos system keeps everyone going. This has overall been very beneficial for the employees.

Pros: I find that this software is an excellent way to provide feedback to other team members. It allows for company wide praises and gives users the chance to accumulate enough points (kudos) to get awesome prizes. This is definitely a great software that I would recommend to just about any business looking for a way to motivate their employees.

Cons: I wouldn't say that there is anything I actually dislike about this software, but some recommendations would be to add more customization to the interface of the software. Customization and personalizing is very important in today's era of technology. Allowing users to change the color of the background, text, borders etc., include GIFs (example: firework GIFs) and a variety of stickers that can be used to personalize the message being sent. The technological era we are in, already makes most interactions extremely impersonal. If you can customize the message being sent it makes it slightly more personal interaction.

Deboarh B.
Account Manager
Insurance, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/16

"Spread the word Kudo works."

Comments: Use of Kudos has increased our Employee Net Performance scores. Staff moral is increased when you take the time to individually recognize the great work your staff does.

Pros: What I most like about the software is that I can keep current on the excellent work that is being performed the employees in the company and I can partake in celebrating their successes by adding my comments. We sometimes get busy in our day to day work lives that we forget to thank our staff for the wonderful work they perform each and everyday. It is so easy to send a Kudos and the beautiful thing about it is what you get back in return is invaluable. Believe me there is nothing more gratifying then to open your Kudos and see that a manager or peer has told the entire company that you have done a great job. Another wonderful thing I stumbled upon today was that they have linked out IT Work Order completion reviews to Kudos. It is one click to send a good job Kudos.
I have make it a habit to look at Kudos everyday.

Cons: There is nothing in particular that I don't like about the software.
What don't like is that our companies management team doesn't use it enough or in some cases at all.

Senior Manager, Human Resources
Investment Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/01

"Company culture"

Comments: Kudos has become a part of our company culture- ways to recognize employees on a regular basis, opportunities for others to see what is going on throughout the company and come together for fun events throughout the year.

Pros: The ease of use for employees, the ability to recognize employees from your desk or mobile phone!

Cons: There are some features that we would like to customize, but currently there isn't that flexibility. However, if you put in your request with Kudos, they are great about finding ways to make it happen!

by Kudos on 2018/12/18

Hello!

It's really great to hear that Kudos has become a part of your company culture! It's really rewarding to know that it's making a difference to your work day. :)

We're working on a ton of cool features and functionality that will give you more control over aspects of Kudos. Stay tuned and be sure to keep sending us any feedback you have on Kudos! We love hearing from you!

• Reviewed on 2018/11/01
Physician
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/01

"Foster a culture of gratitude in your organization"

Comments: See Pros comment.

Pros: Kudos allows everyone on our team, no matter their role, to acknowledge, thank and honor the special people we work with in a public forum. Kudos are an easy way to do just a little bit extra for someone who you think when above and beyond on a project or task. Making it easy to reward our coworkers and team members has made it really easy to drive a culture of gratitude, and allows people to honor the slightly smaller but still very important quality efforts, those things that may not be Employee of the Month worthy, but are definitely worth recognizing. I love the degrees and gradations of rewards-- being able to give just a little Thanks-for-the-Hand, or a Seriously-You-Saved-The-Day kinds of praise. Kudos have definitely helped us promote a more positive culture in our organization.

Cons: I wish I got more points per month! 50 just isn't enough sometimes. I also wish the system was integrated in our Slack feed more readily or that the board where kudos are posted were more obvious. I like seeing who is being appreciated and standing out in the company, but I miss it because I just use the website version (and I am not signed in all the time).

• Reviewed on 2019/11/01
Onboarding Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/22

"Kudos is a great platform for acknowledging coworker/subordinate efforts!"

Comments: Kudos is fantastic. Would recommend.

Pros: Kudos gives you the ability to provide public and meaningful acknowledgement of your team member's contributions to the company. You can create memorable and meaningful tags aligned with your values and mission statement, and append these to the kudos message you put out there, and you can tag more than one person at a time with a Thank You, a Good Job, Impressive, and so on. One thing that Kudos gives you/your team the ability to do is spotlight the positive achievements and activities of those people who aren't comfortable advocating for themselves, but deserve the praise. Whether it be a cultural norm, a workplace dynamic, or a personality quirk, not everyone is comfortable tooting their own horn, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have their hard work, dedication, focus, or excellent customer-facing soft skills acknowledged. This is increasingly important in today's increasingly international, multi-ethnic, multi-voiced, and decentralized organizations. A good manager should know when to give praise, and coworkers should be able to help each other get noticed.

Cons: Just as a good manager needs to know when someone deserves praise, a digital 'pat on the back' is great for morale but it should never be a replacement for compensation review, advancement opportunities, or open and critical discourse. Kudos won't fix a broken office culture or toxic management, so before you roll this out make sure you walk the talk as a leadership team. Our company does, and I'm incredibly grateful to work here, but I could see a bad implementation of Kudos coming down as heavy-handed or oppressive in less dynamic or communal workplaces.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/22
Todd S.
Coordinator
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/09

"Excellent tool for team building and morale"

Comments: It is a great way to quickly and easily recognize staff in a tangible way. Being able to offer a little bit of positive support to feedback makes it so much easier to positively manage a team. And the fact that recognition is shared amongst colleagues demonstrates that not only is the team successful but that there is recognition of that success.

Pros: That its easy to use. Every person in our company, no matter their level of technical skill is able to use the system for what it is intended. The best part about this software is that I never have to think of it as software, it is just a reliable integrated positive piece of our workplace environment.

Cons: The only real negative is that it would be nice to see the rewards and gift cards redeemable digitally so that we didn't have to wait for an internal process to get us a physical copy. So many of the companies involved have digital gift cards now it would be handy if you could just request the benefit and it was automatically generated, maybe even inside the app itself.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/09
Isaiah B.
IT Support
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/16

"A Fulfilling Way to Show Your Appreciation"

Comments: Overall, my experience with Kudos is extremely positive! I feel good when I receive Kudos from a colleague, and even better when I can give them out. I highly recommend employing Kudos in your business!

Pros: Kudos provides a fantastic platform to show your appreciation for your colleagues. Doing my day to day work has become a much more gratifying experience. I feel like my work has a much bigger impact when I receive Kudos.

Cons: Kudos, in general, is a very easy to use platform, but I would like to see its user interface become a tad more modern. The current interface looks a little dated when comparing to other modern sites.

Tiffany D.
Staff
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/25

"Very Pleased Kudos User"

Comments: I really enjoy Kudos. I enjoy receiving Kudos as well as rewarding hard working coworkers with Kudos points. Recently, there was an issue with my Kudos e-gift card not being sent to me electronically. I reached out to Kudos support team, and the issue was resolved in less than 24 hours. That is 5 star customer service. I would recommend Kudos to every business, company, and friend.

Pros: I like the software because it is easy to use. The idea behind Kudos is also original and it makes work a little more exciting to be rewarded for hard work.

Cons: I cannot think of a single con with the Kudos software.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/25
Emily G.
Account Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/22

"Feel Good, Doing Your Job!"

Comments: My experience was Kudos is truly positive. I find my self connecting with more of my co-workers on a deeper level. It helps to encourage a positive work environment and overall strong mentality. When I get kudos, I instantly get a smile on my face and then want to give someone that same feeling by sending out my own!

Pros: Kudos is a wonderful platform that allows employees to feel connected with their co-workers in a positive way. The act of giving and receiving kudos helps to generate positive interoffice relationships. On are the more individual basis, this platform allows for instant gratification. By having this instant positive affirmation, I feel more encouraged to continue producing high-quality work.

Cons: I truly believe the platform is in a great spot. I sometimes wish there were more characteristics to choice from but other than that - no complaints!

• Reviewed on 2019/03/22
Osi-imoelin O.
Analyst Revenue Assurance
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/09

"My Feedback"

Comments: It could be better but I like the look and feel, the navigation is also easy, just that not all group/departments/teams are available on kudos hence you must type in names one after the other. This makes it cumbersome to use for large number of persons or a group of people.

Pros: The touch and feel aspect of the application is really great.

Cons: Searching for contacts especially by groups and/or teams is cumbersome and in most cases such teams are not available on the application

• Reviewed on 2019/09/09
Eric W.
Migrations Onboarding, Team Lead
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/01

"Great way for team members to celebrate each other!"

Pros: Our company has long had a healthy environment of working together, but it's great to be able to acknowledge and award team members for the excellent work that they are already doing. It took a bit to get used to formally recognizing people using an app vs. hallway or instant messaging conversations, but now I'm often running out of points at the end of the month because I honestly want to share all the great things my co-workers are doing to help each other out!

Cons: Sometimes the point limits can be challenging to work within, though those are likely set on the administrative end and generally make sense when you think about it (things like having a maximum number of points that you can send to a single team member). Sometimes I wish at least some of my points could roll over, in case I got really busy or was away at the end of the month.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/01
Daniel E.
CS Lead
Consumer Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/01

"Great program!"

Comments: Kudos was great at keeping coworkers bonded through accomplishing things through hard work and dedication!

Pros: Love the overall motivation provided by Kudos! From the powerful messages from peers to the gifts earned it is incredible!

Cons: Not much to dislike but I guess having to pay taxes on our gifts would be the one downside although it is like paying a great discount on the products!

• Reviewed on 2019/03/01
Director of Human Resources & Administration
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/01

"The platform is very user friendly and results in engagement from staff."

Pros: Easy to use. It's a great tool for multi-location companies so new employees can see all the staff's name and photos. Makes everyone feel a little more accessible.

Cons: Customization is little cumbersome to create a Local Rewards site. Sometimes the links break between Kudos and the site that the item redirects to. Also, redemption of local rewards takes manual administration.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/01
Lawrence A.
Senior Manager, Customer Planning and Enablement
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/01

"Excellence at Kudos"

Comments: Excellent

Pros: It has now become visible to recognize staff in all categories. Rewarding people is vital to sustaining the passion and drive of our organisation. Kudos has revitalize the energies of our people to perform in all forms

Cons: Need to have Daily weekly reminders to ensure that, rewards become part and parcel of the successful organisation

• Reviewed on 2019/04/01
Shelley K.
Creative Production Manager
Broadcast Media, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/03

"Shell on Kudos"

Comments: Kudos is great because we all get to pat each other on the back, our managers do it for us and then we reap the rewards. Great for self esteem, overall team motivation. A wonderful rewards program for employers and employees. We've tried a few others but like Kudos best.

Pros: It's easy to navigate and to choose, collect and spend your rewards.

Cons: Some of the "set in stone" descriptive phrase choices... The stale images offered when adding an attachment that says something like; "Good Job" or "Awesome" or "Team Work" those could be updated and there should be more..

• Reviewed on 2019/05/03
Louise S.
Assistant Merchandiser
Apparel & Fashion, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/15

"Good software to provide feedback and reward employees"

Comments: My overall experience with Kudos is a very good one. Not many cons to advise on and would highly recommend.

Pros: This software has been a great tool to recognise the teams hard work, reward them and keep track of their progress. As the company have a bonus incentive, this software is a great tool to help the team work towards their goals.

Cons: It does do what it is designed to do however maybe they could improve the user interface making it easier to use and navigate.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/15
Medical Information Associate
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/06

"Wholesome software that allows individuals to be recognized and motivated"

Pros: There is a lot to be said about the shift towards using positive feedback to recognize and inspire individuals in the workplace. Kudos allows you to intuitively provide direct rewards to your employees, and helps to motivate them. The interface is easy to use, and the metrics portion allows a senior manager to understand the impact of the rewards.

Cons: There is room for more. Something like individualized personality profiles for each user would allow recognizers to better reward their employees. Not all employees enjoy the spotlight, so there should be some customizability on that front.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/06
Billy S.
business development specialist
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/11

"Paying it forward with Kudos"

Pros: Meadow lark transportation as a whole uses this system to its fullest extent. Its base use is a reward system that comes free of charge to the average user. however my company also uses it to keep contacted about events, selling personal items, or other non work related material. its a good way to let someone know you appreciate their hard work and you personally hope it pays off for them.

Cons: only one con. i discovered a glitch where you can send out your kudos reward points. then click the last page/back button to refresh your last page and it will give you your kudos back to resend. i don't believe many have caught onto this at my company but it is something you should look into fixing for yourself.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/11
Senior Director of Customer Advocacy
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/22

"Kudos Allows me to Spread Goodwill and Gratefulness"

Comments: I run a lot of internal focus groups, research and this is a great way to recognize more colleagues in different departments. We at RingCentral have Kudos running on our main reception flat screen that is 20x20 feet! The awareness it drives helps us foster more positive teamwork. Overall, I think the Kudos and how HR has worked with our facilities helps us really showcase Kudos at RingCentral.

Pros: Very easy to use, it's takes me about less than two minutes to really compose a thoughtful Kudos note.

Cons: I don't think it's Kudos, but I want to write more notes and I sometimes don't have enough points, so I have to use mostly the "Thank You" versus the "Exceptional."

• Reviewed on 2019/07/22
Darren G.
Technical Project Leader
Pharmaceuticals, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/03

"Kudos for Kudos"

Comments: A nice little program that's great for showing your appreciation for co-workers and also easy to use. Highly recommended.

Pros: It's easy to use and it's nice for demonstrating appreciation for fellow workers besides the regular "thank you".

Cons: I don't like that we are unable to accumulate points from one month to the next. If you don't use up all your points in a given month, the remainder cannot be transferred to the following month. Some months I've found that I do not use up all my points, while in other months I run out within the first week. If points could be accumulated, that would help out greatly.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/03
Becca R.
Recruitment Consultant
Staffing & Recruiting, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/15

"Amazing Way to Appreciate Others!"

Comments: I think Kudos has been an amazing tool for the business as it is a way to really shine a light on others. It makes everyone on my team feel incredibly appreciated, it's awesome to see the $ value go up in my points account, and there are SO many options on how to spend it (treat yoself)! It's really neat to see how others are impacting the business and to get ideas on ways to stretch and get involved as well.

Pros: I love that Kudos allows us to appreciate each other in a measurable way. It's literally giving each other free money! It's so motivating to not only be able to see how you are impacting others, but also how others are impacting their peers, leadership, and business functionality!

Cons: Sometimes I feel like the options of points to give are a little limiting, but in general are an accurate measure.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/15