Sage Business Cloud Accounting Reviews

• Overall
    4,1 /5
    3,9 /5
    3,8 /5

About Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Sage | Accounting is a simple yet powerful online accounting solution designed for small business owners.

Learn more about Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Martin T.
Chartered Accountant
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/08

"I have the full confidence in this product"

Comments: Excellent - they started a bit behind functionality wise from other products, and are now moving ahead of them, and I like the committment to constant development and the transparancy of their roadmap.

Pros: It is intuitive, and my non-accountant clients can usually navigate their way around it themselves, and only occassionally require minimal support. My clients who have switch from other software have said that they wouldn't go back.

Cons: The marketing for this product is not as flashy as competitors, and so sometimes it can be a hard sell to clients who want the one with the big ad campaign. As with most cloud products it is constantly evolving and I am not always aware of the new features which come out.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/08
Accountant
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/11

"Just don't"

Comments: I wanted to use Sage business accounting cloud for basic bookkeeping and I couldn't even do this.
My experience was of utter frustration. Not only with the lack of capabilities and difficulty in using the software but even worse, with their billing department. I was charged the wrong amounts every single month. Clients were charged for software that they didn't even use. Some clients were charged for software that I had already paid for. Nobody in accounts could fix it. Not even the directors were able to fix it. What an absolute disaster. I am absolutely at a loss as to how they are still in business.

Pros: The sage logo hinted that it may be similar to their line 50 product. Oh, how wrong I was.
There is quite literally nothing good I can say about this software, their customer support nor their accounts and billing team.,

Cons: It falls way short of functional. It couldn't be further behind the competition if they did nothing.
Essential features like repeating invoices were missing.
You can't pay with or receive into the director's loan account.
You are restricted in the number and type of bank/cash accounts you can have.
Fixing anything is a mammoth task
and even then, it doesn't actually fic the issues.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/11
Audrey M.
Owner/operator
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/14

"I really wanted this to work"

Comments: Unfortunately my experience was poor. I loved their desktop program and really wanted to love their cloud solution just as much.

Pros: I love cloud solutions and the reports from this would have been nice.

Cons: I was hit with what seemed like every road block as I tried to switch from my Sage Desktop program into their cloud program. Customer Support was lacking and I ended up joining a Facebook support group of other accountant/bookkeepers making a similar switch. In the end I had to make the decision to let it go or loose my productivity.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/14
Wyn D.
Social Media Dept
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/06

"Accounting software with HMRC reporting facilities"

Comments: Great simple and easy to use accounts software. Can incorporate PAYE, CIS payments and it has HMRC reporting built in.

Pros: This software is fairly simple to use and has lots of help available either by phone or online should you get stuck.

Cons: Software has regular updates after which you always have to log back in so don't forget your user ID and password because it can be a pain.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/06
Michelle S.
Professional Accountant (SA)
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/07

"Sage Business Cloud Accounting"

Comments: Sage Business Cloud Accounting is easy to use, features are easy to access. Reporting for several different ranges of time-table very handy. No installation, no backup...very nice product to use!

Pros: Sage Business Cloud Accounting has all the features one would need from Accounting software. Easy to implement, do the setup, and train new Customers on how to use it. The add-on modules adds value to the software. The Accountant's easy access to assist Clients is a wonderful feature!

Cons: One improvement I would like to see:
When adding a new Item from inside the Invoice screen, the new Item screen should include all features (such as selecting the Purchase account). Currently you have to exit the Invoice, create the new Item, and then continue with your Invoice

• Reviewed on 2020/10/07
Bhanu M.
Technical Support
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/12

"GOOD EXPIRENCE"

Comments: We use sage for accounting. The best thing is we can use sage cloud anywhere in the world. the software reminds us of the payments due for the customers. Then we can call our customers. It's easy to use. It saves time. If your computer will be crash then our all accounts are fully safe in the cloud-based sage. It's easy to use and access. When we need any help then the sage technician will fix the problem within few minutes on the call with remote access.

Pros: a few months ago we use the sage on the computer but if there any problem with the computer then our sage data not secure. Some time we lost lots of files as well. but when we subscribe Cloud service it's so much secure and easy. Our all data is fully secure on the sage cloud. The best thing is we can access anywhere in the world.

Cons: Nothing, when we need any help the sage technicians help me.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/12
Kevin D.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/30

"Sage One has become am essential part of my business and I would recommend it to anyone"

Pros: Ease of use. I have basic accounting training but, by using the help pages, I have managed to run my business without the expense of accountants. VAT returns are just a press of a button and all information is easily found if needed. The package has grown ( at no extra cost) and the stock control and invoicing side has much improved.

Cons: Sage support is very good if you have to telephone them - HOWEVER it is expensive! Very occasionally the system has crashed (not often) and it can cost you money to find out that it is their error not yours...

Bettina B.
MD
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/18

"Shocking support and behaviour from their new online shop division"

Comments: We had been one of their first online store users when SAGE started with their online store offer. Then the support and customer service was outstanding. Sadly they outsourced their online shop to another company and we needed to move our existing online shop to a new platform. One would think that "SAGE" would facilitate this move for free, as the old platform was discontinued. Well that was not so, we ended up paying a large sum of money for the move. The service level of the new "SAGE" company was horrific, the treatment we received was shocking, everything took weeks and months to finalise. We ended up doing most of the work ourselves and then received a bill for their general set up package and for re-directing the pages to the new site. Unbelievable and shocking! We are also using their accounting software that we like, if we find another way of integrating the accounting part easily with another online shop provider, we will move. They do not deserve our business as they clearly don't appreciate loyal and long standing customers.

Pros: The online store platform integrates easily with sage cloud accounting. Nevertheless, the customer service is shocking, shocking, shocking!

Cons: the online store provider have no regard for longstanding and loyal customer - shocking and horrific customer service!

• Reviewed on 2018/09/18
Brenda F.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/04

"Easy-To-Use Accounting Program"

Comments: Generally speaking I find this program easy-to-use and a cost effective way for small businesses to do their accounting online or on the road.

Pros: Easy-to-use, mobile device friendly, set was easy, cost effective

Cons: There is no option for multiple currency.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/04
Barry L.
Managing Director
Recreational Facilities & Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/06

"Sage Accounting Sage 200"

Pros: Improved Productivity across the business with everyone using the same system

Cons: As we are quite specialist we have to bespoke several elements around multiple addresses

• Reviewed on 2020/10/06
Frank W.
ICT Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/20

"I find it very easy to use and navigate through the menus"

Comments: Ability to respond quicker to client and supplier needs through easy way of turning one document in to the next process e.g. Quotation to Invoice to a customer etc.

Pros: - Ease of use
- Little or no accounting knowledge required to use Sage
- Very friendly GUI
- Availability of Mobile App ensures I can use it on the go very efficiently

Cons: - In the absence of an internet connection you are stuck

• Reviewed on 2017/09/20
Sue C.
partner
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/30

"SAGE ONE EASY TO USE AND MANAGE"

Comments: MAKES MY LIFE EASIER

Pros: EASY TO USE, YOU DONT HAVE TO BE AN ACCOUNTS WIZ TO USE IT, IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE CAN BE EASIELY FIXED. YOU BECOME FAMILIAR WITH THE SET UP QUITE QUICKLY. IF YOUR NOT SURE THERE IS ALWAYS HELP AVAILABLE

Cons: SOMETIMES CAN BE SLOW USING ONLINE IF LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE USING IT. THE OTHER DAY IT WOULDNT LET ME ON FOR OVER HALF AN HOUR

Burak C.
Accounts Payable Analyst
Consumer Goods, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/07

"Perfect with Reporting!"

Comments: When it comes to prepare and present an analysis to the management, Sage comes the first.

Pros: We use Sage Accounting for management reporting and it works perfect and always reliable and gives us a great understandable charts/graphics.
Also it is very easy to adapt and very user friendly and has never crashed during my last two years.

Cons: There is no negative point of this software and I have never heard/witnessed any cons from anyone.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/07
Karin C.
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/05

"It's made my financials, more interesting and easier to understand, so much more to get from it."

Comments: Greater understanding of the company's financial situation

Pros: The number of reports and access to detail from within the reports just makes looking at the data very interesting.

Cons: The videos at the home page are distracting, A simple static image would suffice, this is the only things that irritate me and I rush to get past that section... small thing but you did ask!

• Reviewed on 2018/02/05
Agneta W.
Financial Director
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/15

"Sage Accounting doesn't offer flexibility"

Pros: I used Sage package for 20+ years in previous roles and found them hard to deal with in the past but for I do not know how they expect to deal with small businesses. It was better you had a dealer in between.

Cons: It doesn't offer the flexibility for small businesses that do not fit the norm and their customer support is poor.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/15
Joseph L.
Chemicals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/21

"Don't Purchase Sage 50 C US"

Comments: DO NOT purchase this product unless you have hours to spend setting usernames and passwords. Save yourself time and energy, pick another program.

Pros: Reporting and accounting functions are good and easy to understand

Cons: The IT portion of this program is very poor. The software is very difficult to manage and adding users to the program is just about impossible. It is unfortunate that a really good accounting program has such poor IT functionality on the back end. Customer support is very poor. You wait for HOURS on the phone for support and when the technician is stuck, they elevate you to level 2 and you must wait again...for hours.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/21
Prakash P.
Partner
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/30

"I am using accounting software for a long time but Sage One is easy to use and understand."

Comments: I did all the entering of accounting entries so saved on accounting fees.

Pros: Well laid out accounting sections and great help facility Easy to enter Invoices Credit note. excellent credit control facility.

Digital Content and Community Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/15

"Sage Accounting Review"

Comments: Great but these people need to be on toes in responding to queries from clients

Pros: Easy to comprehend even for a person with basics in accounting
I can monitor and track cashflow with ease, preparing payrolls is also a great feature.
Filing returns is not complicated with sage

Cons: Complains from users at my workplace of their customer support

• Reviewed on 2019/01/15
Janice B.
  • Reviewed on 2015/07/06

"Sage Accounting excellent choice"

Comments: I use Sage for my bookkeeping business. I have been using the accounting package (in various versions) since 1995. I recommend Sage to all my new clients, even trying to recruit other bookkeeping program users to Sage, because it is so easy to import other programs into Sage. I find it easy to use, easy to get reports, and excellent for looking up and making adjustments.

Pros: In Sage you can pin the customer or vendors name, this is invaluable to me. I do a lot of data entering using the same vendor's name, sometimes hundreds of times, this makes entering so much faster when you don't have to keep tying in the name.

Cons: At this time I can not think of any. I have made mention to Sage about improvements I would like to see and they have already made the improvements.

• Reviewed on 2015/07/06
Janene B.
Personal Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/10

"Sage Business Cloud Accounting"

Comments: The software has helped me keep control of accounting in a small business in an effective efficient way, specially being cloud software. So being at the office or at home to catch up on work has never been an issue.

Pros: Great software for handling clients account information from Quoting, Invoicing, payment tracking. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to use this software. Everything is under one roof.

Cons: Data capturing has to be done carefully. Sometimes the program encounters errors that aren't easy to overcome. The Internet connection needs to be stable.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/10
Roy P.
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/28

"Unresolved Intermittent Services"

Comments: last 3 weeks has been problematic without resolve and their Coms has been Absent

Pros: Sage accounting software is widely known

Cons: Sage accounting software support i snot the greatest.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/28
Amanda L.
General Manager
Philanthropy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/04

"Sage Customer Service is terrible, they will charge you for things you don't use or pay for and not refund you"

Comments: Shame on you Sage accounting. Small business stick with quickbooks.

Pros: It has Accounting features. It fuctions, but unfortunately the company has terrible customer service and will steal your money.

Cons: This company charged the personal credit card of a small not for profit company that had declared bankruptcy months before, because they had it on file from the previous year. Months after insolvency was declared and the employee had been laid off, she found the charge on her card. Despite many phone calls explainibg the mistake that had been made nothing has been done. Terrible company that would put a laid off, soon to be mother in this position. Shame on them.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/04
Janine A.
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/30

"Easy to use, always help on hand when needed!"

Pros: SageOne is very easy to use. It takes you through the process in simple steps (so you cannot miss anything). Anytime I have ever needed assistance, the staff are always on hand, and happy to help. I have never had any problems with SageOne!

Cons: Perhaps an email prompt a couple of days before any deadlines would be helpful, but overall I am a very happy customer!

Production Coordinator
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/06

"Simple Payroll Software"

Comments: We are able to access Sage on most of our devices and without having to be in the office. It is easy to understand and use.

Pros: Sage online accounting is safe and secure to use online 24/7. It is also SARS compliant, which is an added bonus to our business

Cons: The use of Sage is not free, the benefits, however, far outway the payment that has to be made

• Reviewed on 2019/05/06
Jason D.
Financial Controller
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/16

"Terribly put together"

Pros: Makes accounting data "cloud" accessible. Can be useful for certain professions and industries depending on your use.

Cons: Finicky at best. I had purchased this in order to use in Conjunction with Sage 50 to have my accounting data accessible via an app. The software was clearly an attempt to have just that, but without any real thought behind the usability. Feels more like a quickly slapped together piece of software for marketing rather than something that has any real world usefulness. The software had difficulty uploading and updating and the App had only a handful functions. Basically, you were only able to invoice with the App but were not able to access any information. what's the point in that?

• Reviewed on 2017/05/16