• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,7 /5
    4,5 /5

About MeisterTask

MeisterTask is the most intuitive task management and collaboration tool on the web.

Learn more about MeisterTask

Adam C.
Data Analyst
Museums & Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/19

"Great, Affordable Project Board for Teams"

Comments: It's an easy-to-use tool for your entire team. The horizontal layout makes it easy to click and drag projects/tasks from one development stage to another (one board to another), trigger email alerts, and create checklists. That makes task organization easy for a team. We have around a dozen staff using MeisterTask, and they all love it.

Pros: It's an incredible value for the features. We only need to pay monthly for our administrator account, and all our staff users are free. They don't get to create projects or add/change actions, but their day-to-day use of MeisterTask is free (e.g., creating and completing tasks/tickets, moving tasks around, adding checklists, etc.). I also love the integrations with other services like Zapier, which we use to allow creation of tasks via sending emails, and the MeisterTask plugin for Gmail, which lets you create tasks directly from your Inbox. This adds tons of value for our staff, who again are free users.

Cons: I personally don't like task management that is laid out horizontally on boards (e.g., Trello). The board layout lacks a visual hierarchy that I prefer and see in other free/cheap task management products like ClickUp. Also, while you can upload and attach files to each task, you can't immediately download from the task. You have to wait while MeisterTask fetches them from wherever they are stored in the cloud. There's a short delay, and you need to refresh your browser page to see the notification that contains your download link. That's a slight annoyance.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/19
Ken S.
Creative Director
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/19

"Preferred alternative to Trello"

Comments: I use MT mostly for managing to-do lists, mapping out project plans, and scheduling tasks.

Pros: MeisterTask suits me better because it is more visual - other products in this category value function over form, but that leaves them harder for me to use. MT has a better UI experience - colors works better, functions are in the right place, and actions are more intuitive. The Dashboard view is the best part, makes all the difference for me.

Cons: I still find myself choosing the wrong buttons - like completing a task vs just closing a window, but these are trivial.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/19
Estefano O.
Digital Marketer
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/08

"Great App"

Comments: Like I said, it's great. Just I would add some feature that allows you to change the view from "task columbs" to a calendar, instead of have to go to google calendar. But maybe it would be overcomplicated, so the simplest the better. Less is More ;)

Pros: The best of this app is the simplicity of create and organize tasks. You can assign tasks to the members of your team and that´s so powerfull. I plan all my proyects, business stuff and also my life objectives and routines. I didn't try the premium plan, but I am sure that his connectivity with other apps are also great.

Cons: I like everything in general. Just I had some problems at notifications on the mobile app, cause many times I haven't received the messages or deadline times notifications. Maybe is a mobile problem and not because de app, but I know other people that had the same issue.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/08
Alexandra N.
Deputy Head of Radiochemistry Lab
Chemicals, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/21

"Enables a great overview & isn't too complicated"

Pros: It looks really nice and allows us to have a much better overview over the multitude of tasks we need to keep track of. Also, my non-tech-colleagues can use it easily as well. We use the "kanban board" in a slightly different way - using columns for different task groups like "quality management" or "orders" and subdivide it into the tasks that need to be finished. Being able to see how much of a task is done and who is currently working on it is also very nice.

Cons: We purchased an upgrade, but when we weren't on time for the payment it was confusing to get back to the basic version. Because that was so intransparent we're currently using the basic version although we've payed for the upgrade.
Also, that bar you use to scroll - especially at the bottom of the screen to side-scroll is tiny - we often use Meistertask on a 13" screen, so if you could enlarge that, it would be great. Assigning multiple people to one task would also be a nice improvement. And do you have more colors?

• Reviewed on 2020/04/21
Scott F.
Director of IT
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/04

"Get Stuff Done!"

Comments: I was really bad at managing my own time and tasks. I'm a small business owner AND a subcontractor not only for several companies directly, but also am available for hire as an IT consultant, so I have TONS of ways that tasks can come at me, and from many different people. I needed a way to organize this all, in one place, plus makes notes and attach files to tasks, and make things "more" than just a list. I played with several different platforms out there, but MeisterTask's layout, multiple application platforms and abilities spoke to me the loudest. At this point I am on-point AND on-task, and no longer forget to do things. In-fact, I often get compliments on how attentive I am to client needs! This is all thanks to MeisterTask.

Pros: It's free, obviously that has to be the first HUGE pro. Sure, the free version has limits, and paid versions expand that, but for MOST people the free version works flawlessly. Another huge pro for me is that they have APPS for every system, not just mobile devices, or widgets for web browsers, but they have an actual program for Windows and for Mac too. So rather than tie up another browser window, I can have an actual program that I can have open and tracking my activities. I love the team collaboration features, which comes in REALLY handy for me connecting employers as a subcontractor. Another HUGE plus for me is integration with other apps, like GMail for one, allowing me to create tasks from emails and more.

Cons: There is a fairly large gap in pricing and abilities between their different versions and plateaus, which is annoying to me. I also find the fact that they limit checklists in tasks as part of their free/paid features pretty petty.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/04
Daniel L.
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/14

"Enjoying Meister"

Comments: In over all I like it I can have different projects and people and I can run all in easy way

Pros: The UI is nice, and what I most love is you can track your time! and make relations between cards

Cons: the price! definitely if I want to make pro I'm not sure that I can pay for it yet is not there something that make me feel that have great value for be pro

• Reviewed on 2019/10/14
Janosch F.
Human Resources Consultant
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/03

"A mixed Bag"

Comments: I was happy of having something available quickly, the whole team could work with cooperatively with almost zero effort. Then I got troubled by all the things that were meant to be done a lot differently from how I wanted them to be and was used to. In the end I had to quit using Meistertask because the differences in what I wanted and how it wanted me to use ist were too big. I whish many other tools would take an example und MeisteTtasks strengths in setting up your team an getting things done with your team on the run. I would love MeisterTask to learn a way to bemore flexible and less demanding in how to work with it.

Pros: Meistertask is simple. There is fun in using it and te developers thought about some good things (such as little gags and light gameification elements) to engage users. Also it is great on cross platform functionality. Keeping things up to date and synchronized while working on mobile or desktop both works fine. Also, there is structure for different types of tasks and attributes as well as priorities and a lot of different options for tasks. In case you have a bunch of things to do and a team eager to get going but no time or mind for setting up workflow based cooperation on your own, grab MeisterTask and get going it'll most probably do the Job for you.

Cons: MeisterTask is set up in a way, that requires you to stick with the idea it has about organizing your work. If you try to do it differently you will most certainly encounter issues. I was not able to setup *my* workflow with MeisterTask and after trying and trying I landed in a spot where I build workarounds around workarounds. The greatest Boon of MeisterTask is at the same time its curse: Structure is provided. If you are flexible enough to go with this and cooperate as a team, this ist perfect. Otherwise not so much. Also, Meistertasks Interface is rather... buttons ae big, so are labels, colors are bright edges are rounded. It makes up for a great own Style, it just might not be everyones cup of candysyrup. Also the pictures of cute animals for finished lists of tasks were a little to much for my personal liking.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/03
Shawn O.
Coordinator
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

"Great product"

Comments: Good experience. Friendly and quick customer support staff, and a functional and regularly-updated product that does exactly what it says it will. Love the customization options, too!

Pros: The visual display, ability to customize lists, color coding, and tagging all make MeisterTask easy to use for even team members who are not very tech-savvy. Updating the entire team about a part of a project is as simple as drag-and-drop. Commenting nests to help you follow conversations, and you can "watch" the bits that matter to you-- which has really helped minimize slack in our work. I also really love that I can set my own due dates for each tile and get a reminder email to help me follow up more easily. I also really appreciate the data security and stability. Definitely a great kanban board product.

Cons: Occasionally we've had integration issues with Dropbox, but those seem to have been mostly resolved with the latest update (fingers crossed). The app version of the product is also a little bit iffy on some devices (doesn't always update or follow along with the user). However, no significant issues with the desktop version.
I wish there was the ability for an admin user to turn off "completed" ability for users. Sometimes my team clicks "completed" instead of "close" which is annoying (but thankfully fixable!). I also wish that the downloadable excel version had a better way to navigate the checklist and comments, but that's a small thing compared to how great everything else is.

Revel A.
Linguistic Consultant
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

"Serves my purposes"

Comments: I use Meistertask in two different jobs. One, with a team, to move individual participation in a larger project through a specific process. The other is to keep tickets on tasks with complex and repetitive "do lists" in order to move those tickets through a larger process involving registration and licensing of machinery. In both cases I am generally satisfied with the flexibility of Meistertask towards my needs and project management style.

Pros: It's not got a heady learning curve. It's pleasant to look at. New team members catch on at once.

Cons: Comments should be dated rather than "two days ago" for accuracy.
Data export needs to be more agile.
Task timing needs a label feature (identification of each time frame timed)

Internet, SEO, Social Media
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/10

"Great Tool"

Comments: We keep us all updated what we have to do on a daily, weekly and monthly bases.

Pros: It's easy to use, user friendly and looks amazing

Cons: The price for the business version is to high

• Reviewed on 2019/09/10
Guillaume T.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/18

"MeisterTask is my day to day assistant"

Comments: MeisterTask is really helping me with my tasks on a day to day basis. It's a really good software and I definitely recommend it.

Pros: - The user experience
- The quality of the service

Cons: - To move a task to done automatically you need the PRO version

• Reviewed on 2019/09/18
Rob F.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/18

"The absolute best way to organize a massive multi-faceted to-do list!"

Comments: We were missing deadlines and upsetting customers because too many projects on our multiple Excel spreadsheets were getting skipped or missed accidentally. Meistertask puts everything right in front of our face and keeps us more organized than we've ever been before!

Pros: We love the ease of use of Meistertask, and how easily it helped us get everything more organized and manageable. We typical have 25-30 tasks running at the same time, so without Meistertask, it would be impossible to keep track of them all. It sure beats the heck out of the old Excel method that we were using for years!

Cons: The bottom horizontal scroll bar is SUPER hard to click accurately because it's so skinny. Plus, since it disappears when you're not moused over it, most people don't even know it's there, and they all complain that they can't easily reach columns that are too far to the right of the page. Make it NOT disappear, and please make it taller so that it's easier to click and drag.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/18
Alejandro M.
Digital Marketing Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/24

"Very useful and easy to sync."

Comments: It has helped us to be synchronized with my team, and be up to date with all the tasks and "to do's" of each day at work, and of course to know when do we have to hurry with a request, or with a specific task.

Pros: What I like the most about MeisterTask is the ease of use. Very easy to upload a task.

Cons: It's missing some free features that other platforms have, or at least the competitors have them in their basic plan.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/24
Mark B.
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/18

"Tasks and Lists"

Comments: It has been great to work on MeisterTask and they really have a good vision with were they want to go with teams. It is kind of mix between Asana and Wunderlist before they shut down but they are constantly updating the app.

Pros: They are taking a fresh approach to lists and team collaboration software. We have used Meistertask and loved the animations and the goal features. Once you start using it more and the tasks your teams create you can get the more advanced features (but you have to pay for it).

Cons: There is a lot to like but sometimes it is over the top with too much in your face boxes and images. Sometimes I know I have been trying to onboard certain teams and they find the software a little too complex. Now once you understand it super easy to use but they add a lot of cool fluff with the features.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/18
Ana U.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/04

"Ideal to work with your team"

Comments: My overall experience with MeisterTask is very positive, Good experience. Takes time assign task and get everything ready but absolutely worth it.

Pros: MeisterTask is ideal to work with your team and have a better view of your project, tasks and progress. What I like most about MeisterTask is the possibility to attach elements like pictures, notes, files, etc. It is a good option if you want to schedule tasks and priorities. I like you can connect MeisterTask with MindMeister, it is very useful

Cons: I think the MeisterTask team are doing a good job offering all the features possible to make our business easy and effective.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/04
Rudy P.
Freelance
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/10

"Innovation out of imagination! Amazing!"

Comments: MeisterTask reduced a lot the time of the processes and reduced my working day. What can I say better than that?

Pros: Sync a team has never been so easy and fast for me! it's a task manager on the edge to become a CMR.

Cons: In my opinion, there's only one little missing piece of this perfect puzzle of functions: more integration with Shortcuts (Apple) as with IFTTT. Once MeisterTask will communicate more with Shortcuts, I think I can stop work!

• Reviewed on 2019/08/10
Ma. louren C.
Admin Support | Content Writer | Researcher
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/22

"A Visually Soothing Task Management Solution"

Pros: I am working remotely for a foreign company and having something like a virtual task board helps in managing, assigning, and tracking task progress. I like that it is visually stunning as it is customizable. It creates a relaxing work environment that helps me become more productive. Also, we can create pre-defined checklists for recurring/repetitive tasks. It has integrations too on software/applications we use which are really helpful like slack, bitbucket, two of which we frequently use. Out of all the task management app I tried, I like this one the most because of aesthetics, usability, integrations, and customizations.

Cons: Meistertask's recent update rearranged my checklist items and I can't figure out how to reorder them. So I reverted back to th previous version. Also, I use its Android app so I can still be updated but most times I need to logout and log back in again to get it to sync. But other than these, I love this amazing tool.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/22
Denis J.
Host
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/07

"Free task manager ideal for small group"

Comments: Simplicity. We could start working efficiently immediately. No learning curve.

Pros: The free version is sufficient for working in small team : sharing tasks on different projects, commenting on tasks and attaching documents and todo lists. The pro version is appealing but for the moment I can work with the free version and test it in details.
The interface is simple and convivial and this is why I choose MeisterTask.

Cons: In my case, very small business, not for profit, the price is a little too high and if you want to expand it with other module (zappier) it can be expensive. I'm Ok for the free version for the moment and I'll consider the pro later on.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/07
Joshua M.
Founder/ Principal Design/ Consultant
Machinery, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/27

"Incredible Software"

Comments: Launching a business would have been incredibly difficult. MeisterTask allows the team to communicate from various locations, and manage outstanding items for follow up. My life as a first time business leader has been much more enjoyable with these services.

Pros: This platform allows me to keep my team on task - With so many moving parts in the startup world, having one program allowing oversight in an incredible advantage.

Cons: There really are none in my experience. So far the program is intuitive, the interface looks great, and signing my team up was a breeze. Absolutely rockstar job done by the MeisterTask team!

• Reviewed on 2019/10/27
David H.
CAD Technician
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/11

"a tidy task manager"

Comments: very positive - good communication & support. glitches fixed quickly.

Pros: web based & stable too; integrates with Mindmeister mindmapping tool; integrates with toggl timer; integrates with Google calendar via IFTTT; task search capabilities; decent android phone app too; any glitches (there's not been many - see cons) are sorted quickly - support staff are good & knowledgeable about the product; template checklist capability is great too

Cons: not much; the odd glitch - parts of the task window going blank then reappearing - sorted quickly (more likely a hardware/driver issue this end); pasting checklist items from a text document used to be easy - then it wasn't - now it's easy again. like i said - not much wrong.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/11
Tilmann W.
Architect
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/05

"Everything can be held in this tool"

Comments: We have a big project, an up to 6 people are working on it. As the projectmanager I can use it as a mainboard to have an overview what has to be done, and with drag and drop I can put it on top ore more down like the actuall imprtance to my tasks oder to sombody in the group.
Also I can see what are the employes are doing when they notice in the task.

Pros: It is easy to set a task and more easy to drop it to somebody who gets the responsibility, but you still has an look on the things that are be done.
You can fill the tasks with different lists, and every step that was done is stored.

Cons: There is a big button right on top to the left side that is used to finish the task ( in german. Abschliessen) mostly I like to push it when I want to leave the task to go to an other. For that you have to use the small cross on the right side. This you use much more often an should be bigger, then the finishbutton, that is to be used once.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/05
Jon G.
Implementation & Innovation Manager
Construction, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/30

"Where all others fail MeisterTask shines"

Comments: I have manage numerous teams, in different countries, with a lot of people working remotely or at site so a solid, fully functional mobile app is a must. MeisterTask ticks all the boxes.

Pros: The clean well laid out interface and the push notification makes MeisterTask really stand out. After trying almost ALL other solutions, this ones the winner. Heads and shoulders above the rest.

Cons: I think the linked tasks portion needs some work, its somewhat unclear what the other functions do aside from the "Blocked By". Also having a "Personal" to-do list where tasks are automatically assigned to oneself would be a nice to have in future releases.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/30
Joey K.
Co-Founder
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/17

"Great for project management or simple tasks"

Comments: I've tried numerous task/project management services (Asana, Basecamp, etc.) but none of them have been as sticky as MeisterTask. It's just so easy and fun to use that it's no longer a chore to keep organized. In fact, it's so easy, I even push my kids to keep their school/life tasks in it. That doesn't mean there's no depth to the software; it is there. It's just designed in a way that simple task management is possible while more powerful features are just a touch away. More people should know about this software!

Pros: The interface is very intuitive. It's beautifully done. You don't need any instructions to get up and going. They have really focused in on the most important aspects of task management.

Cons: I have no complaints. About the only thing I've ever missed is shared project groups.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/17
Stefan B.
Student
Environmental Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/04

"A great tool for sprints, structure and teamwork"

Comments: Great! Organisation, Teamwork and Overview. We also used it for weekly meetings in a way that team members would talk about the progress in a given task. If it was solved, we would drag it to the "finished" column and everyone felt delighted.

Pros: It is a very convenient way to check and observe the daily progress of projects, especially if more than one person is involved. You are able to checkmark and add steps towards the completion of a task. All participants can contribute and make changes. With different columns you can prioritize tasks according to deadlines or personal decisions. All in all, a great way for teams to stay informed and to split responsibilities between their members.

Cons: The only thing I would wish for (using the free version as we speak) is an overview on all deadlines which are related to different projects - some kind of crosslinking option, maybe something like a GANTT-Chart even. But, maybe it's just me and I just didn't find the solution yet-

• Reviewed on 2019/12/04
Becky S.
Content Strategist
Financial Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/23

"Best project management and collaboration tool"

Pros: Meister Task is my favorite tasking software. I love the assigning of tasks feature, the reminders to keep us all accountable and on point. I love the checkpoints that you can list under a task, down to the time stamps of everything that's being completed. There's also options of attaching docs to different tasks in case you need someone to review something you did. It keeps everyone in the loop in real time without disruptions to someone else's schedule when it comes to collaborating.

Cons: There are far too many menus , pop up modals and drop downs to go through just to delete a project.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/23