• Overall
    4.7/5
    4.8/5

About MeisterTask

MeisterTask is the most intuitive task management and collaboration tool on the web.

Learn more about MeisterTask

Erkin İ.
Software Developer
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/21

"Delicious!"

Comments: I settled in Amsterdam. Before moved here, I started to set up some organization schema in Turkey with my friends for their business. I told them about Scrum and Agile methods. Then I presented this tool as a seller!
Now, all the guys are using MeisterTask. It is simple, and the guys were really far away to the scheduling task. Although this, everyone follows the task in here!

Pros: Everything is easy. I use this tool with my team and my own to schedule myself.

Cons: Related task following will be nicer more than that. Create Subtask can be similar as Jira Tool. Because I want to Main Task and Following Sub Tasks. But we could move on the board as separately. Main Task |
- Sub 1 |
- Sub 2 |
- Sub 3 |

by MeisterLabs on 2019/05/23

Thanks for the amazing review Erkin! We're really happy to hear that MeisterTask is helping you manage your projects. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for spreading the word! :)

• Reviewed on 2019/05/21
Adam C.
Data Analyst
Museums & Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/19

"Great, Affordable Project Board for Teams"

Comments: It's an easy-to-use tool for your entire team. The horizontal layout makes it easy to click and drag projects/tasks from one development stage to another (one board to another), trigger email alerts, and create checklists. That makes task organization easy for a team. We have around a dozen staff using MeisterTask, and they all love it.

Pros: It's an incredible value for the features. We only need to pay monthly for our administrator account, and all our staff users are free. They don't get to create projects or add/change actions, but their day-to-day use of MeisterTask is free (e.g., creating and completing tasks/tickets, moving tasks around, adding checklists, etc.). I also love the integrations with other services like Zapier, which we use to allow creation of tasks via sending emails, and the MeisterTask plugin for Gmail, which lets you create tasks directly from your Inbox. This adds tons of value for our staff, who again are free users.

Cons: I personally don't like task management that is laid out horizontally on boards (e.g., Trello). The board layout lacks a visual hierarchy that I prefer and see in other free/cheap task management products like ClickUp. Also, while you can upload and attach files to each task, you can't immediately download from the task. You have to wait while MeisterTask fetches them from wherever they are stored in the cloud. There's a short delay, and you need to refresh your browser page to see the notification that contains your download link. That's a slight annoyance.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/19
Mark B.
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/18

"Tasks and Lists "

Comments: It has been great to work on MeisterTask and they really have a good vision with were they want to go with teams. It is kind of mix between Asana and Wunderlist before they shut down but they are constantly updating the app.

Pros: They are taking a fresh approach to lists and team collaboration software. We have used Meistertask and loved the animations and the goal features. Once you start using it more and the tasks your teams create you can get the more advanced features (but you have to pay for it).

Cons: There is a lot to like but sometimes it is over the top with too much in your face boxes and images. Sometimes I know I have been trying to onboard certain teams and they find the software a little too complex. Now once you understand it super easy to use but they add a lot of cool fluff with the features.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/18
Janosch F.
Human Resources Consultant
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/03

"A mixed Bag"

Comments: I was happy of having something available quickly, the whole team could work with cooperatively with almost zero effort. Then I got troubled by all the things that were meant to be done a lot differently from how I wanted them to be and was used to. In the end I had to quit using Meistertask because the differences in what I wanted and how it wanted me to use ist were too big. I whish many other tools would take an example und MeisteTtasks strengths in setting up your team an getting things done with your team on the run. I would love MeisterTask to learn a way to bemore flexible and less demanding in how to work with it.

Pros: Meistertask is simple. There is fun in using it and te developers thought about some good things (such as little gags and light gameification elements) to engage users. Also it is great on cross platform functionality. Keeping things up to date and synchronized while working on mobile or desktop both works fine. Also, there is structure for different types of tasks and attributes as well as priorities and a lot of different options for tasks. In case you have a bunch of things to do and a team eager to get going but no time or mind for setting up workflow based cooperation on your own, grab MeisterTask and get going it'll most probably do the Job for you.

Cons: MeisterTask is set up in a way, that requires you to stick with the idea it has about organizing your work. If you try to do it differently you will most certainly encounter issues. I was not able to setup *my* workflow with MeisterTask and after trying and trying I landed in a spot where I build workarounds around workarounds. The greatest Boon of MeisterTask is at the same time its curse: Structure is provided. If you are flexible enough to go with this and cooperate as a team, this ist perfect. Otherwise not so much. Also, Meistertasks Interface is rather... buttons ae big, so are labels, colors are bright edges are rounded. It makes up for a great own Style, it just might not be everyones cup of candysyrup. Also the pictures of cute animals for finished lists of tasks were a little to much for my personal liking.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/03
Muhammad A.
Software Team Lead
Automotive
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/26

"Meister task offers a very good Kanban board with various customization options"

Comments: After starting my current job, I was amazed by the new workflow that required high level of autonomy. This imposed a very challenging task for me, how can I be organized and have a single view that covers all my projects scope. After shopping around for few weeks, I landed on Miester Task. I was amazed by the very easy to use interface and the customization options that allow you to build your own board the way you like.
I ended up recommending it to other colleges who really liked it and are continuously using it.

Pros: 1. Easy to use, no need for any training. I was able to build various boards for work and home in few minutes.
2. Highly customizable, you can create your own categories.
3. Can easily link tasks/cards to a real or virtual people, giving myself the freedom to invite colleges or keep the board personal.
4. Really liked the idea of having a category icon, the tool offers a lot of options for these icons.

Cons: 1. Limited integration with other tools, unlike other offerings in the market.
2. Even though mobile apps are available all across (Windows 10, Andriod and iOS), they tend to be unstable at times (Specifically Andriod and Windows apps)
3. Notifications aren't there, I rarely see any email or mobile notification for the app (even if a task is past-due)!
4. Very customizable interfaces leading to continuous changes, this is more of a user issue (myself), but I prefer to have so templates that can be used as a guideline.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/26
Leiter Prozesse und Projekte
Libraries, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/16

"Excellent task management tool"

Pros: MeisterTask is an easy to use tool covering all the functionalities I need for everyday work.

Cons: Sometimes it's difficult to make fully transparent complex interdependencies between tasks.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/16
Nahuel M.
Strategic Brand Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/15

"The best and most complete task manager"

Pros: I really like the management of the project and the ease to use interface. Really intuitive.

Cons: Specially in the Smartphone App, it seems that you have to enter multiple times to a new task to assign a person and a deadline to that specific task. I would prefer a cleaner look to the interface.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/15
Sergiy T.
Developer
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/07

"Great task manager"

Comments: Easy to use, multiplatform task manager with team features.

Pros: Easy to use for yourself and for small teams. Easy to navigate, duplicate tasks to create similar tasks.

Cons: nothing I can think of. It is greatly balanced for the free plan and reasonably priced for premium plans.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/07
Dmitry Z.
Software Developer
Computer Games, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/05

"Review for Meistertask"

Comments: Process of cooperating artists, animators, designers and programmers for creating games

Pros: User friendly interface.
Fast.
Very cute.
Android app of high quality.

Cons: Billing plans are too expensive for me.
I think there is a good idea to make timeline tool to visualy connect tasks.
Maybe it could be good feature to assign items of checklist to different persons.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/05
Ken H.
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/14

"Simple and intuitive"

Comments: I needed a simple to use Kanban style task and list manager. After trying many (I took an entire day trying out all the major competitors), I found MeisterTask to be the best. After using it a few days, I'm glad I chose this solution. I'm likely going to stick with the free version, and am grateful they packed so much into it. I'm retired now, but if I were running a ft business with it... 10 bucks a month would be well-spent money.

Pros: The amazing functionality in the free version, and the Kanban style of handling tasks. Also loved the clean look.

Cons: I wish there was a less expensive option with some additional features (multiple checklists with maybe 10 projects for example), priced at around 2.99. I would have jumped at that as a personal user in order to help support the company while giving me a little more in exchange.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/14
John H.
Development & Communications
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/30

"Great tool for implementing GTD"

Comments: Overall the functionality that this tool offers even at the basic level is really amazing. I highly recommend it for personal work-flow management as well as for tracking shared projects. It's not ideal for highly complex and broad projects where you need to organize based on timeline and be able to quickly scroll through hundreds of tasks—If that is your need, I'd look for a more robust PM software. But personally, at this point I'm thinking it's almost the perfect tool for implementing the Getting Things Done methodology and managing personal and work life flow.

Pros: My favorite function is the quick-entry, task checklist on the mobile app. I use this as my digital "in-tray" to capture any and all thoughts, ideas, recommendations that come across my mind or radar. I love that you can then convert those straight to existing projects. The flexibility is great, and the layers of function are wonderful, ie the checklists within project tasks, and the ability to attach docs out of your google drive to hold project support material right there within the task.

Cons: The integrations are somewhat lacking and glitchy—so far requiring the use of Zapier—with a confusing setup process (even for someone who is somewhat familiar with Zapier). I wish there was a way to more easily set reminders as opposed to just task due dates. The most annoying thing is probably that when you do convert tasks in the checklist to project tasks, they will not uncommonly end up in a completely different project. This is problematic. It's an odd glitch, but I hope that it is something the development team can remedy and seems likely so.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/30
Benjamin D.
General councillor
Education Management, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/25

"A perfect balance between utility, useability and design"

Comments: I am collecting the workflows of all of my different personal and professional projects into different boards and then into one intgrated dashboard. The ultimate friendship between power and simplicity. And then it also looks very beautiful! I really can't work with apps on a daily basis of they do not look nice, so I am very happy to have found this powerful, flexible, and intuitive software that also takes the cake when it comes to aesthetics!

Pros: MeisterTask strikes, for me, the perfect balance between the different aspects of a task system. It has all the functionalities that I have been looking for, for my project workflow system. I can create multiple kanban (Trello-like) boards for my different projects, yet see all of my due tasks from all of the different boards on one single dashboard. This way I can keep all of my different tasks and workflows organized, yet consult only one place to decide on my next activity. It also functions in a very intuitive way, and looks just beautiful. I especially love the option to have a daily changing photo on the home screen.

Cons: So far there is nothing at all I dislike about this software, which is a huge surprise for me. I have been looking for "the perfect" project workflow system for myself, and MeisterTask might be the one I have been looking for for so many months. There is only one smal technical improvement that I would suggest to the creators, which is the option to automatically assign newly created tasks to myself, so that I don't need to perform that as a routine action.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/25
Film producer
Motion Pictures & Film, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/08

"Workflow Is Perfect for Us"

Comments: After we set it up, it took a bit of learning (just a few hours) to fully realize all the aspects of it and to make it fit our company, but that's the case with any new software. We liked how when we asked "OK, we need to do this particular thing, can it do it?" and after reading the clear help files we found out right away either (a) how to do it, or (b) it couldn't do that particular thing. That second thing sounds like a negative, but it's not -- clarity is important because then we can alter our workflow and adjust without spending ages trying to kludge something. And this sounds silly, but we REALLY lke marking a task completed and then dragging it over to the green column!

Pros: It's very easy to use. We tried 6 project manager/todo apps over a 3-day period, and MeisterTask was a real oasis in that exploration. The mood in the office got immediately lighter when we realized how easy it was. Running a business is hard enough -- we don't want to struggle with the software, too.

Cons: We wish you could set up daily repeating tasks. Or tasks that repeat every few days. The shortest time interval is a week, which is too long for us.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/08
William C.
Sales Engineer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/16

"Great for Personal Use"

Comments: I am currently using the free version for personal task management. I use it to manage my employed work, a couple of small side businesses, and my personal life. It's perfect for that and way better than standard to-do lists because the Kanban format helps you stay focused on whats really important. I'm really happy with this software and would pay a small perpetual license for it, if I was forced to. However, I would not pay a monthly fee for it, because that licensing model for personal use would be too expensive over time vs. other 'free' solutions on the market.

Pros: Very handy, full-featured Kanban tool with built-in to do list. Easy to move projects to tasks, tasks to projects, tasks to different lists or even other boards. I find tags to be really helpful... I often tag items as 'Important' and/or 'Urgent'. This software does what it's supposed to do very well, actually. Have not yet run into anything I would consider a bug, and seems to sync pretty well between my devices (Andriod phone, second laptop) at this point.

Cons: There are some features I would like to see added. In order of importance to me: 1a) Ability to re-order todo list items in the My Tasks View
1b) Ability to resize the project screen sizes and list widths. Overall, the application display is just too big and wide for my tastes. I prefer consolidated screen sizes to condense as much info as possible into a single view and for my tastes, there is a lot of white space which creates significant left-to-right scrolling when using my laptop.
2) Would like to be able to set a default user for assignments.
Those are the big near-term improvements for me, some other larger-scale features of interest would be.... Card Grouping like Leanit would be a great feature to have in a future release. Another feature I would like to see in the future would be integrated Gantt chart capabilities. I have this fantasy dream about a personal productivity software tool that integrates Kanban with card grouping, To-do lists, Gantt, MindMapping, and a lightweight financial projection module over time... all integrated together. I'm sure that would be a Herculean development effort, but one can dream!!

• Reviewed on 2019/08/16
Scott F.
Director of IT
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/04

"Get Stuff Done!"

Comments: I was really bad at managing my own time and tasks. I'm a small business owner AND a subcontractor not only for several companies directly, but also am available for hire as an IT consultant, so I have TONS of ways that tasks can come at me, and from many different people. I needed a way to organize this all, in one place, plus makes notes and attach files to tasks, and make things "more" than just a list. I played with several different platforms out there, but MeisterTask's layout, multiple application platforms and abilities spoke to me the loudest. At this point I am on-point AND on-task, and no longer forget to do things. In-fact, I often get compliments on how attentive I am to client needs! This is all thanks to MeisterTask.

Pros: It's free, obviously that has to be the first HUGE pro. Sure, the free version has limits, and paid versions expand that, but for MOST people the free version works flawlessly. Another huge pro for me is that they have APPS for every system, not just mobile devices, or widgets for web browsers, but they have an actual program for Windows and for Mac too. So rather than tie up another browser window, I can have an actual program that I can have open and tracking my activities. I love the team collaboration features, which comes in REALLY handy for me connecting employers as a subcontractor. Another HUGE plus for me is integration with other apps, like GMail for one, allowing me to create tasks from emails and more.

Cons: There is a fairly large gap in pricing and abilities between their different versions and plateaus, which is annoying to me. I also find the fact that they limit checklists in tasks as part of their free/paid features pretty petty.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/04
Michael A.
Student
Restaurants, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/21

"Overall great app with only three areas of improvement"

Comments: It helps me organize my daily tasks and not forget about tasks which I do not have a scheduled date for yet.

Pros: What I like most about MeisterTask is its Graphical User Interface which is very appealing. It makes using the program very easy and enjoyable. Also, it is not clogged up with information so you always have a good idea at first glance regarding what you need to do and what you have already done.

Cons: There are 3 things that I whish MeisterTask had:
1. Enhanced notification settings:
The only thing that I found a bit frustrating when using Meistertask in a group project is that notifications are limited to the people asigned to a project or watching it.
What would be helpful if there was an option where you could set notifications in a way that the entire group gets informed about all the activity. For example, we used one board as a notification board. So when there was information that the team leader wanted to give out to the entire group (so noone specifically) than he/she would post it there. Problem was, nobody was notified by meistertask about. That was one of the reasons why people in my group stopped using meistertask. So I strongly recommend that you enhance the notification settings. So that there are options where you can opt to be informed about everything that is happening on meister task.
2. Calendar:
It would be great if there was a calendar which shows when you have scheduled your tasks. So if you set a deadline for a task that calendar should display it. That would just help with visualizing when certain tasks are due. Because now Im using another app as a calendar. Would be great if I could use meistertask for both.
3. Gantt Chart:
Along with the point abovde a gantt chart would be nice too. So if there was an option to not only set a deadline but also a duration for a task. That can then be displayed in a gantt chart. That would be awesome.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/21
Marcus H.
Customer and Communications Strategist
Education Management, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/10

"Maximizes Your Time, Minimizes the Learning Curve"

Comments: Overall, the experience is wonderful. It relives stress rather than adding the stress of learning a new tool. I highly recommend it.

Pros: Unlike other project management platforms, Meistertask is not only affordable, but it allows you to do more with their basic features which only amplify with one of the paid versions. Meistertask is not only a great tool to help speed up workflow, it is also highly intuitive. Even if you haven't used the platform before, you most likely will be up and running within 30 minutes. It's drag and drop interface is incredibly fast, east, and straight forward making it ideal for beginner and advanced users.

Cons: The only issue that I have with the software is the lack of list view for the project workflow. I also would like to see calendar view of the current projects and not just in reporting view.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/10
Office Coordinator
Construction, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/28

"Functional project management across teams"

Comments: We use Meister Task to keep everyone in the loop and track each project or sale from beginning to end, making team communication and even project summary easier and more readily available to those in the office, as well as those in the field.

Pros: This software makes team project management seamless. Everyone involved in every step of the project can keep track of what is happening and when it is happening. Making easy hand-offs and open communication seamless throughout the entire project. The software is customizable and user-friendly for every level of digital experience. Users can schedule task reminders to keep tasks from slipping through the cracks. Tags make information easily available at a glance, and activity posts give a running synopsis of activity within each task. This is truly a tool for team organization.

Cons: Each task has the capability for a running synopsis of activity within the task, but it would be helpful to be able to have a little more control of the organization of comments within the task. All comments currently are listed in the order that they are made. This makes it a little difficult to follow the flow of information since all information is mixed in the flow, instead of being able to make a comment directly to the post it refers to. i.e. If a shipment is made to the client and posted to the task, the only person who can change or add to that specific comment , is the original poster. Not being able to change someone else's post is a good thing, but it would be nice if others could attach an update or change specific to that post, as a sub-post instead of 5 or 6 comments later in the stream. When all comments are mixed this way, it is sometimes difficult to follow the flow and keep related comments properly connected.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/28
Kathy J.
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/24

"Just what I'd been looking for"

Comments: MeisterTask is amazing and I really can't believe what they offer with the Basic version, for free. I finally have all the organizational tools I need, in one place, without having to have a to do list at one place, a calendar at another place, etc. I can't speak to their customer service, as I've never needed it for anything.

Pros: I'm not exaggerating when I say I've tried almost every online task management software in existence. They're all either just not quite right or too expensive. MeisterTask offers a Basic (free) subscription, with several paid levels (Pro & Business) you can upgrade to as needed. Many similar products have free versions, but they are greatly limited in comparison to the paid counterparts (and what you get with each is not always transparent.) MeisterTask Basic is everything I need and it's not just a short-term trial that's going to run out as soon as you're hooked on it! Like most of entrepreneurs these days, I have multiple projects I'm juggling on a daily basis and it is so overwhelming dealing with software that forces me to lump everything in one place. MeisterTask helps me keep them all sorted out ... and separate, like a virtual filing cabinet/planner/to do list. I've created a board for each project and with MeisterTask, I view each one, by itself, as needed. The boards are made up of drag and drop columns to keep each and every task need and tidy. Plus it's colorful, which I love! When visiting the site, you're first greeted by your Dashboard, where you can see tasks with approaching due dates from across your Projects. I like how they sort this for you. They've recently added a helpful standalone checklist where you can add quick to dos on the fly and have them there at a glance, without being attached to any particular project.

Cons: The only thing I would change about MeisterTask is that each task needs to be specifically assigned to a "team member" or it's automatically marked as "unassigned". For those of us who are using MeisterTask as individuals, it might be nice to be able to state that somewhere in settings, so all tasks automatically default to us, just to save that extra step. This is just a very minor inconvenience, however, and I had to nitpick to come up with it. It is also important to note that the free version doesn't support recurring tasks, but if you need that, the Pro price is very, very reasonable for the additional features it has.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/24
Sacha H.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/09

"That's when You say: Why no one did it this way?"

Comments: I downloaded MeisterTask because I was unsatisfied, for a reason or another, with the task managers I was using. I've been through todoist, asana, trello…
It was a total surprise: UI absolutely clean, nice and effective; workflow intuitive and super useful, logic super linear. Everything seemed to me to be, for the first time since I use task managers and gtds (I started a loooong time ago), in the perfect place.
I started using it and, after 10 minutes working with it, my decision was simple: approved, and adopted. Now MeisterTasks the daily companion for me and the people I work with, for any project we have.
It's not only a matter of effectiveness: MeisterTasks has a great design and lets me feel in a beautiful palce, while I organise my working life: this is a great thing, because it makes mehappy to use it, which is a motivating thing, as well.
Final thoughts: easy to use and add/modify/track/share tasks/projects. Beautifully crafted. Minor things that can only be improved. My personal rating? 5 stars and a thank you.

Pros: Ease of use, workflow, simplicity, intuitiveness, tools, logic, learning curve: practically, almost everything.
I have been using all kinds of task managers, gtds: none of them can rival the "zero curve" it took me to approach and use effectively this wonderful app. It's so well crafted that it took me really no time to decide to use it. Now, is the daily companion for me and the people I work with. Priceless.

Cons: In the webpage version I can't find how to start the timer on a task (I have to do that on the smartphone) and I have to reload the webpage, sometimes, cause it seems not to be perfectly updated. In the smartphone versions, I'd like to see all messages in a specific task organised differently: they are at the bottom, mixed with all activities, and therefore they are not so effective as they could. But is a minor thing.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/09
Daniel L.
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/14

"Enjoying Meister"

Comments: In over all I like it I can have different projects and people and I can run all in easy way

Pros: The UI is nice, and what I most love is you can track your time! and make relations between cards

Cons: the price! definitely if I want to make pro I'm not sure that I can pay for it yet is not there something that make me feel that have great value for be pro

• Reviewed on 2019/10/14
Nicola P.
Textile Artist
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/23

"At Last I've Found Something That Really Works"

Comments: I am professional artist so I'm using it for art projects - the creative and marketing tasks involved are generally the same - I've used the task template function to save time with all the to do's - it's provided me with more structure and consistency and has jogged my memory so many times and kept me on track. It makes managing so many subtasks so much easier - and seeing them laid out in a visually pleasing and easy to access way makes for a calmer mind and less stress. I have one renovation project which has a huge number of tasks and sub tasks. Previously I had written lists which were ok, but using Meistertask has made it so much easier to manage them, as well as giving me somewhere to record my thoughts in the comments under each task so that thinking through problems and making decisions can sit in the same place. When I get a random thought or a link related to a task, I can add it via the app and it's not lost in the maelstrom. I'm using the free version which gives so much value, I'm considering using a paid version just so I can access the stats and see my progress but that is just icing on the cake really. I absolutely love, love, love Meistertask and highly recommend it. It's changed my life and I enjoy using it every day.

Pros: It's visually pleasing to work with, you can colour code projects and add coloured tags which makes it easier to see what is going on. You can build custom task lists to reuse that saves a lot of time. You can put things into "focus" and add deadlines. Adding in links, files and comments makes tasks easier to think through and access reference material within the context of planning. There is so much functionality even with the free version.

Cons: There is no calendar function without integrating with another app. It would be awesome to be able to see scheduled tasks laid out in a calendar.
I've sometimes had difficulty visualising overarching goals and tracking habits (I'm using the free version so there are no stats available).

• Reviewed on 2019/05/23
Matt H.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/24

"LOVE Meistertask!"

Pros: I manage several grant projects at a time with several staff members working on each grant. I used to have a GIANT white board in my office where I would track the progress on grant deliverables and staff assignments. At the end of every day, I would spend 30 minutes to an hour erasing and updating the white board. Now, with MeisterTask, that task is cut down to 10-15 minutes. What's even better, is now I can just go ahead and assign people tasks right within MeisterTask and we can have whole conversations about tasks without ever leaving the program. IT IS A LIFE CHANGER for me. Beyond the features, it's also incredibly easy to use. Our staff was able to dive in and get acquainted with the program very quickly (and we aren't always the most tech savvy.) I HIGHLY recommend trying it out. I've started using MeisterTask for personal projects as well.

Cons: I wish there were better data tracking features. Like when you archive a task, it would be nice to be able to go back and see what got done in a single day. We also do a lot of data tracking for grants. We explored using Custom Feilds to record the data we were tracking. It worked great in the program, but did not download cleanly at all into a CSV which we needed for reports to our funders. If Meistertask could build some more robust data tracking into the program, it would be even better!

• Reviewed on 2019/06/24
Rachel H.
Coordinator of Operations
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/30

"Easy and affordable for my little nonprofit office"

Comments: As mentioned before, I have been able to save and categorize my office gmail emails as visually-pleasing, easily-comminicable tasks that can be shared in my little office. It has replaced the ugly little scribble-notes on my desk (for the most part). :) We are a small non-profit (four people altogether) so the free basic account is wonderful, although we are considering the Pro. I have already mentioned it to several friends.

Pros: It is free and an add-on within gmail! And it's beautiful! Our office uses G-Suite, and I was desperate for a replacement for Inbox, which I had been using for the last year because it allowed me to pin notes and to-dos on each email regarding such things as follow-ups needed or website updates for users. MeisterTask allows us to take a gmail email and turn it into a categorized to-do task that I can categorize, assign to someone, and place a due date on. I love that I can have a conversation per to-do and my admin asst and I can get tasks done and tuck them away without ever having to ask each other questions in panic as later follow-up.

Cons: There is nothing that I don't like given what I am using it for. Maybe more could show up there as notifications - such as what is still in progress or yet to complete (or maybe I can set this up in settings somewhere)? I would love to take it to take it to a higher level, because I am using Smartsheets for event management, but I would need to be able to build and save multiple projects (outside of my office tasks) and be able to make use of complex templates and viewable calendars. I'm not quite sure what/where my abilities end with MesiterTask, but then I just started using it. I hope it doesn't go away.

by MeisterLabs on 2019/04/08

We're very happy to hear you're using MeisterTask and that you're also making use of the integration with Gmail! You can customize your notification settings when you click on "preferences" in your project board. Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review Rachel! We'll take your feedback in consideration!

• Reviewed on 2019/03/30
Peter T.
product owner
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/13

"good and easy kanban board"

Comments: for a while i did use it daily for freelance projects and private life planning. also used it for some scrum-like sprints, more the execute part of it than the planning and strategy

Pros: easy to use, good functionlity in the free version. good for small projects and private use or freelance use

Cons: would love unlimited space to add text in the cards (it is limited in my free version, maybe paid version as well

• Reviewed on 2019/08/13