• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,7 /5
    4,8 /5

About Quire

Quire is a collaborative project management tool for organizing tasks in a unique nested task list, Kanban board and Timeline view.

Learn more about Quire

Brad M.
SEO Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/21

"Convenient, efficient, effective, simple"

Comments: I use it for task management to organise what I need to do, and assign my team tasks. Also there's a mobile app so I can see what the team is getting done when I'm not at the computer.

Pros: I can 'deep dive' doing sub tasks to sub tasks as deep as I like, and each point can have their own deadline, description, labels, comments etc. With other platforms each task only has one deadline but you know, things aren't always that simple. There are big goals and there are little objectives that need to be met to reach those goals, and there are errands that need to be done before you can do those objectives. Quire allows you to plot all these out, assign them to different people and with different deadlines. Its great. Also its free, at least for now.

Cons: Its only a little thing and isn't really an issue: When you sort the tasks in order of due date, you don't know which sub-tasks are for what task. So lets say for example you have different clients that all need the same three tasks done for them (task A, B & C), and with different deadlines. When you sort in order of due date, you notice that task A is due tomorrow - but you don't know who for. Unless you clear the sorting, there's no way of knowing. Of course you can just select the specific sub-task, turn off the sort and turn it back on again when you know who it is, but then what about the other sub-tasks? Its only a mild inconvenience and I don't really use the due date sort that often anyway.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/21
Tushant M.
Animator and Illustrator
Animation, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/30

"Simple, brilliant and beautiful!"

Comments: Quire's biggest strength is its simplicity, and that has been a boon for me, which is why I've stuck to it. It allows me to plan-out my projects extensively and manage them at a glance, saving me plenty of time and effort in order to get things done.

Pros: I've used many task management applications before for their various strengths and functionality in conjunction such as Trello, Keep, Workflowy, etc. at the same time but Quire is an interesting middle-ground. While it doesn't consist of the strengths of the other tools, it sits comfortably in between them and is pretty consistent with one's desired workflow. It's simple enough to quickly manage and navigate through, and has enough complex features for someone like me to keep track of larger projects, whether in a team or simply working solo. Its tag-search system is also fantastic! It allows the tool to get out of your way so that you can put more time and energy on your actual work. Another brilliant idea that Quire has had recently is to have an app-less access to your project via browser shortcut on smartphones. What it does is that it saves a shortcut your phone's desktop so you can access your tasks even if offline just like an app without having to install anything! I love that!

Cons: While the desktop navigation is fantastic via short-cuts, Quire seems to be pretty clunky on smartphones. I can still drag around tasks no problem (except for my chubby finger not letting me see where I'm even dropping it), it's really hard to use it to create and manage tasks or plan-out projects on-the-go. This is partly what keeps me from using it on Android, and instead I still rely on Google Keep. Other things may be considered a "con" for some, even though it wasn't for me, but thought I'd mention either way: For one, Quire's strength is in its simplicity, so there may not be features that high-end project-management tools are expected to have, such as the Timeline feature. Personally I did not require it, because Quire's Progress Stats is fine enough for me. Secondly, part of Quire's simplicity aspect goes into how the tasks are managed; when you finish a task, it is removed from sight, therefore out of mind so you can now focus on something else. While it makes you more efficient and productive (provided you've planned things out ahead of time), in certain projects there are times when I'd like to keep track of completed tasks, and it's not really easy to do that quickly in Quire unless you decide before-hand how you intend to use it. But that's just a minor nitpick, so it doesn't bother me that much. Though I do mind lack of Google Calendar integration.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/30
Jose luis P.
Farming, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/23

"Extremely powerful yet simple to use"

Comments: Much productive team, that spends less time on email, and more time completing tasks.

Pros: Quire has a very powerful tree like interface to tasks management, and it also is very intuitive, simple and elegant.
The tree can be collapsed / expanded at will for each user, that can filter the tasks in many ways.
Integration with Google G Suite is excellent: Same login procedure, Google Drive, and email of deadlines and all kind of notifications.
Every information is synced online with all users.
Simple to use 'red dots' signal the tasks that had meaningful changes.
Quire adoption is very easy and straightforward. As new users are invited to projects and start to use the simple yet powerfull interface, at no time they realize they could use it to other needs/projects, and start their own projects/assignments to other users. Any new project we can think of is rapidly scathed in Quire. It's viral.
Right after starting to use Quire, we've been dealing with much less emails and calendar reminders, our users focus on tasks directly on Quire.
With Quire, stake holders only set notifications on tasks that they are really interested in.

Cons: As simple and powerful, it's easy for new users to mistakenly complete tasks, so we need to sometimes review the 'all completed tasks' panel (or the notification email) to assure those are really done.

• Reviewed on 2017/05/23
Bob E.
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/11

"Some thoughts after trying Quire"

Comments: I have been experimenting with Quire, It has some nice features, however I prefer WorkFlowy for its ease of navigation and plainness, but had I not discovered WorkFlowy after Springpad shut down, I would have probably started using Quire because of it's features and functionality.

Pros: There is the option of adding new sub list items to top or bottom of list
There are nice shortcut instructions when hovering over function icon
It is easy to keep track of who is collaborating on a project
Collaboration conversations can be always in view
Quire is a little different from other apps that I have tried. The design and layout doesn't seem to get in the way as much.
There is the ability to add Due Dates and Reminders
I rarely collaborate on projects with others. If I collaborated more often I might be more inclined to use Quire regularly.
I am impressed that Quire developers have reached out to me several times to asking for feedback about my usage and to answer questions that I had.
There is a detailed history of editing of each specific project

Cons: Like most other note taking apps available, Quire does have a somewhat rigid structure that gets in the way of productivity for me, but may be useful for others.
Navigation on the Quire screen is a little more spread out than the WorkFlowy screen. Making use of the Keyboard shortcuts is suggested
A few times I unintentionally pressed the complete button and "completed" an item on Android
I find navigating the page, using built-in calendars and other features is unnecessary for what I want to accomplish
Quire is a little slower than WorkFlowy to refresh
I am able to do pretty much everything in Quire that I can do with WorkFlowy, but it is a little more time consuming
The adding tasks and subtasks and breaking them down is a little more complicated in Quire
a benefit of WorkFlowy is that you can compose or copy and paste any portion of your entire WorkFlowy list into an email, letter, article, app or document. There is some exporting of Quire into a CSV document, which can be copied and pasted into a document with some reworking.
As much or as little of your whole WorkFlowy list can be shown at one time #n
Unlike Quire, WorkFlowy does not have predetermined frames to enter text into you can always see the entire text

• Reviewed on 2016/08/11
Jovana V.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/31

"As Simple as Quire"

Comments: My experience is very positive as I was surprised how simplicity can actually enhance task management. I like to be able to categorize tasks and subtasks as my ideas germinate. Being able to go into all the details and be able to visually have a distinctive presentation of a task at hand is amazing.

Pros: One thing that was a real mind-blow was how simple Quire is. It's super simple, clear and user-friendly. On top of that, it is one of those task management tools that let you expand on the task to its most minutious details. Nesting allows you to create tasks and subtasks that are coherent and relatable.

Cons: To maintain the simplicity Quire decided to sacrifice some functionality features. I personally don't mind because there are a great many tools out there focusing on expanding on different functions. Quire should remain simple even it means that it should look somewhat rudimentary.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/31
Renan S.
Web Developer - Web Entrepreneur
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/11

"Quire takes the lion's share in the jungle of project management software"

Comments: I was an early adopter - I started to use the app from the start.
It seemed to me that time the team behind Quire was skillful, ambitious and serious.
If you see now how much it has improved since I guess it was true.
What I enjoy the most personally is the design and user experience, it feels very natural and reactive.
I can say it will probably suit most of your needs now.

Pros: - Actively developed by a creative team
- There were already quite many apps when Quire started ; they were smart enough do get the best from what existed then and they had good ideas too.
- Good Styling options (Dark theme is one)
- Dates/Calendar management
- Fast interactions / intuitive handling
- Many options to follow tasks lists, boards (Kanban), reporting features, team interactions and team management
- They provide migration tools from other apps (Asana, Wunderlist, Trello...)

Cons: At first, the application didn't have as many features, so I have not exclusively used Quire since.
I believe that now it would be possible.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/11
Shiny P.
Product Development Manager
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/22

"Quire helps me keep a tab of my project progress and updates."

Comments: It makes me more organized in my work. At the same time ensures that I keep everyone updated about my project progress and updates.

Pros: User interface
Timely reminder
Collaborative work environment
Tags
Option to export all the tasks

Cons: No Calendar feature
Cannot have more than 1 person assigned to a task
Android app is not up to the mark

by Potix on 2017/08/29

Hi Shiny,
We do support sync with Google Calendar, iCal and Outlook Calendar (see here: https://quire.io/w/Getting_Started_with_Quire/13/Sync_to_Google_Calen...) and also assign more than 1 person to a task (see here: https://quire.io/w/Getting_Started_with_Quire/3/Assign_a_task_to_you...). :)

• Reviewed on 2017/08/22
Jeffrey W.
Board of Directors
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/16

"Project Management and Check Lists"

Comments: Has been a great place to create multiple checklists and allows things not to be overlooked and improved upon from event to event.

Pros: The simplicity of use and interface allows me to have mutliple users access and work within or bi-annual checklists to execute an event.

Cons: Wish there was a way to "skip" a recurring task if it is not needed that time. Right now have to change the due date.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/16
Matt D.
Developer
  • Reviewed on 2015/10/27

"The best task-centric project management system I've used."

Comments: I've been using Quire for about two months now. Prior to that, I had tried a number of different project management suites. However, until quire, nothing proved more powerful and useful that a simple text document. Most project management suites have an opinionated idea on how you should organize your tasks, and limit you within those boundaries. Usually the problem I find is that I get to a point where I want to further break down a task and I can't. Quire does not impose any limits on how you break down and organize tasks. They can be infinitely nested. Furthermore, it comes with a number of powerful features that makes collaboration much simpler. Features include groups, roles, tagging, due dates with a view of upcoming tasks across all projects. Users can be grouped into organizations and assigned to projects with particular roles. Quire is polished and fast. It is primarily web-based at the moment, but is responsive and works great from both a desktop and a mobile device. It is replete with keyboard shortcuts for those of us who value efficiency. I have found a few bugs and I have submitted a few feature requests. The developers are extremely attentive. Many of my feature requests (such as Ctrl+A to select all tasks) were implemented in just a few days, and most bugs were solved within 24 hours.

Beverly A.
Freelance Writer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/27

"Great Project Tool"

Pros: Quire is an excellent software tool for creating new projects. You can add each individual task and also include sub-task. When there is a deadline for the project you can add due dates so you can be reminded when each project is due. Excellent for when you have several projects going on at once. There is a tutorial when you first log in, it is very helpful. Simple set up, you just have to input your email address.
There is a place where you can submit a particular person who is assign to each individual project task. Each task can be grouped. There is also a place where you can add information for detail, so you can describe what information is needed for each particular task. In Quire you can drag and drop, that is when you can move the items around if it falls in the wrong place. Sometimes we tend to make mistakes, but no worry, Quire makes it easy to drag the item to the correct place. The tutorial will show you a few handy shortcuts to make it easy.

Cons: Quire has been great. At this time I have not ran upon anything I dislike about this project tool.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/27
Chris C.
Summer camp coordinator
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/17

"Fantastic - easy, smooth, motivating"

Comments: Great shared project management space. No more Google docs to open and random files scattered here and there with things to do.

Pros: Just live Quire. Full disclosure- I haven't ever used a shared project website or program before, in large part because it always looked like more work than it was worth. But a supervisor of mine invited me to use Quire to coordinate our summer camp together and my goodness it's so great. So intuitive and easy to access.

Cons: I wish that you could toggle back and forth between two email accounts like most Android apps. I'm confident that Quire will get there 😁 Some things take a tiny bit of getting used to, but overall it's pretty intuitive

• Reviewed on 2020/02/17
Yuri D.
Senior Backend Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/17

"Very fluent, fast and powerful task management tool"

Comments: Overall, I'm very satisfied with Quire. On my first attempt to use it I was pushed back by its minimalistic start point, but after diving a little bit into Quire's functionality, I found it's very useful to manage my own workload, to keep track of my tasks and project and to store the knowledge and comments related to any particular task.

Pros: What I really like is a very clean, intuitive interface that allows me to take different views (list, kanban) on my tasks and projects, configure and move my tasks around, and I like the speed - everything works pretty timelessly for me.

Cons: The feature that I miss in this software is the ability to create a task from an email.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/17
Jaiver Q.
N/A
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/10

"Great Software, easy to use, lots of tools"

Comments: So far is free of charge and offers more than other software that charge a lot for only some of Quire features. It's great, easy to use, and the Customer Support is very receptive and cooperative.

Pros: It covers everything, subtasks, expiry date on subtasks, alarms, and more. It has the best of Wunderlist, Todoist, and others.

Cons: Nothing important so far. Some menus are sometimes tricky to find. I have noticed that using the <> symbols, it is possible to add an expiry date to a task while creating it. Have you guys thought the possibility of adding the time too? That would be great!

• Reviewed on 2017/07/10
Nelson D.
Owner / Strength and Conditioning Coach
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/01

"Finally a Minimalistic approach with all what you need and no more ."

Comments: So simple yet so brilliant use of UX design. Menus and options are where they should be, easy to use, great way to collaborate without all the extra features that you don't use. Great software and app.

Pros: - It is so intuitive just like writing in paper
- Having a hierarchy structure in a to do list is brilliant and have been missing from all the big companies
- Beautiful design, elegant with the enough color and shapes to make it perfect

Cons: - I haven't found one yet. but as soon as I found one i'll come back and update this

• Reviewed on 2018/11/01
Jonathan H.
Web Developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/05

"Incredibly easy to use. Keeps your jobs organized and won't let you forget any tasks!"

Comments: It helped me to stay organized. It allows partners and clients to view and comment on projects.

Pros: - Very easy to create tasks and subtasks
- Shows tasks in tree-mode, which (to me) is way better than cards
- Has a dark theme
- Awesome and easy to remember keyboard shortcuts
- Great Charts
- easy to remember URLs
- Mobile App

Cons: Can't think of anything that bugs me to the point of becoming a "con". A few features are a little "hidden", but I once you find them you think "oh it was here all along"...

• Reviewed on 2018/03/05
Victor L.
Student
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/06

"Clean and simple interface"

Comments: Organized task management

Pros: I like the organizational structure it has for the tasks the most. Other software that I've looked at lacked that element. For my purposes, I needed to have a well structured task list so I can look at progress and understand where it's at.

Cons: I did have a bit of trouble figuring out the various user types - that can get confusing. There's also a default 30 member limit, so groups with large sizes will need to request for a larger member quota.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/06
Fernando henrique A.
Estagiário
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/15

"I'm loving the aplication, is very usefull for lawyers who need to control deadlines."

Comments: Efficient control of deadlines and tasks.

Pros: Very easy to use, have very usefull features like control deadlines, assign tasks, attach files from google drive, graphics for activity control, have a very clean interface and it's free.

Cons: It don't have a feature to control a period of time for an activity. Will be very usefull to be able to set an activity to be made on a time interval.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/15
Koushik S.
Acquisitions Editor
Publishing, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/28

"This is one of the best software to manage day to way work for me."

Comments: Time management.
Resource allocation.
Stake holder, workflow management on a daily basis.

Pros: I like how my calendar is sorted for every week at the start of the week and I do not need to manage the work and projects via. various apps and softwares.

Cons: I believe the product can be improved by using more bright colors like Asana. That would make the product more life-like.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/28
Marcelo C.
CTO
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/20

"Great tool to organize tasks and mini projects in a team. All features, great usability."

Comments: Better team tasks management.

Pros: Easy to import tasks from text or excel; Share tasks in group; Great usability (very few clicks in any funcionality); Frequent updates;FREE!

Cons: Interface is clean, but in some cases difficult to see hierarchy; No API yet (Sep2017, but it is planned), and no Kanban (also already planned).

• Reviewed on 2017/09/20
Mariana E.
Auxiliar administrativo
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/29

"It made my life easier."

Pros: Now I have my 'to do list' always in hand, and rewrite everything isn't necessary. Quire is also clean, than I can find things faster.

Cons: Markdown is a little bit more complicated to use, but I understand that is needed to maintain the clean interface.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/29
Guillaume S.
Change Manager
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/20

"A solution that is not well known and yet very complete"

Pros: Repeat tasks, manage different area, tags

Cons: It's difficult to find what is missing in Quire

• Reviewed on 2019/06/20
Justin P.
  • Reviewed on 2015/10/27

"The structure won't box you in"

Comments: When trialing this software, I noticed some (good) similarities to Asana, which I have used some in the past. However, Quire's hierarchical structure is very freeing, allowing you to nest any number of tasks to create the structure you need instead of forcing you into the structure they want you to use. I could definitely see this software being helpful to me in the future. I recommend you give it a try.

Chirag G.
Freelancer
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/13

"Great Find!"

Pros: Have used many task mgmt/to do apps sites before but Quire gets a lot of things right which others haven't been able to yet. The website access and interface is clean, intuitive and removes the fancy and mostly unnecessary frills. The progress bar and charts are super.

Cons: re-login takes a little longer than usual. Also, I think the web version can do with brighter colors and more widgets for repetitive tasks.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/13
Luiz eduardo D.
Head of Compliance and Ethics
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/15

"Great app"

Pros: I like the fact that Quire has a clean interface. It is very intuitive and easy to use. It is easy to set recurrent tasks and to add subtasks. Not mentioning it is free...

Cons: It could have customization options, like themes and colors. It could also have calendar view and Gantt chart view.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/15
Cody E.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/21

"Great Product & Customer Service"

Pros: Easy to use, intuitive interface, lots of functionality. Really great support team who went out of there way to answer my questions and help solve my problems.

Cons: It lacks a few functions that you can find in other project management software, but honestly I don't need those functions so it's not much of a con.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/21