Neto Reviews

by Neto E-commerce Solutions

• Overall
    4,2 /5
    3,9 /5

About Neto

Our e-commerce platform enables retailers and wholesalers, of any size, to develop and maintain powerful online stores.

Learn more about Neto

Aaron J.
Owner/Operator
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/04

"Great product and friendly customer service"

Comments: When I decided to launch my online business it was a bit nerv racking and overwhelming. Not knowing where to start or what I needed I continually read article reviews and got advice from family and friends. I decided on Neto as they were an Australian company with local support. On starting up the trial, you realise just how many features you have at your fingertips. It was a bit of a slow start but after reading through the help docs and watching a couple of introductory videos, I had a reasonable idea of what I needed to get started. The step-by-step guides were my saviour and if I did get stuck at any point, I called through to support who were willing to help out. My setup was going to be basic and I was mainly interested in trading on eBay at first. I found the eBay team knowledgeable and they helped me setup my shipping and payment methods too. On top of this, I got a free eBay store for 6 months, so this definitely helped. I have read other reviews where people are advising that the system is hard to use and I can see how people can be a bit overawed by the options they have. What I'd recommend, is decide on what features you need to get started, get a plan in place and stick to it. Once you understand the basics of the product and shipping setup, you will have a trading store quicker than you think. As with any business, you need to put in the time and learn the platform. Once you do, you can dive into the advanced features like accounting integration, marketing campaigns and advanced shipping integration. My next step will be to use their new Inventory module to manage all of my purchase orders and stock control. Overall, while this platform isn't as simple as some of your more basic options, it will do everything you need and provide you with many more options as you grow. Take the time, learn the product and you'll be happy you did. Best of luck.

Pros: The amount of features. The eBay integration saves on time and management. Their are numerous payment options to choose and the accounting integrations are seamless.

Cons: Can take some time to get your head around the platform. You will need to put in the effort to learn it.

• Reviewed on 2017/03/04
Steve L.
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/06

"Sophisticated features, knowledgeable and available support"

Comments: First off, I absolutely love your software; the integration of sophisticated and multi-tiered functionality, all configurable, is a testimony to the overarching design philosophy, architecture and subsequent coding implementation. Damn fine team of solution designers and engineers in my humble opinion. To implement this you have an absolutely superb support team. I was always treated kindly and with respect (regardless of my stress level), and furthermore the support staff know their stuff. If someone didnt, then my issue was always redirected to someone who did. No black holes in your organisation, well done. Neto was the fourth eCommerce solution I trialed. The Raw Deal Natural Foods has Vend integration and there is NO solution out there that integrates with Vend customers (including the woo commerce universe). All in all I spent over four months messing about with other solutions until I discovered Neto. For me nothing else came even a close second.

Pros: Fully featured and ALL configurable through the back end.
Excellent pick, pack and shipping vendor integration.
Access to source via FTP.
Support teams responsive and knowledgeable.
Solid Vend customer and inventory integration.
Good value.

Cons: Many of the implementation issues I faced (mostly through my lack of understanding) could have been addressed if the support documentation was more detailed.
Documentation is OK on the 'how to' do basic things but has little depth based on outcomes you are trying to achieve.
I could have saved much of my time AND support staff time if I could find the appropriate documentation. Many (most) new customers will have had the same sort of questions/issues.
Flow charts for pick/pack/ship options would be useful.

Charles J.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/10

"Amazing service"

Comments: We have been with NETO for around five years now. Initially their service was average and their site struggled with speed issues.
They now have a site packed full of great features and a huge partner network. Their customer service is second to none. As soon as we put a support ticket in, we receive a detail response, often within the hour and almost always the same day.
They continue to expand their site offerings and have started to engage further with us (their clients) on how we'd like to see their platform develop.
We recommend them highly.

Pros: Heaps of features. One service provider instead of dozens.

Cons: Most of the major issues we had with the software were resolved quite some time ago. There are features being developed that we are looking forward to but the major bugs that used to piss us off are now gone.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/10
Elliot W.
Marketing Manager
Cosmetics, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/17

"A Great Business Partner"

Comments: Overall positive. Our set up now is much more streamlined that what was previously in place. We communicate better with our customer base, present better and the online component of our business has seen an increase of 15% in the first 6 months YOY.

Pros: As an introduction ecommerce platform, it was a much needed step up from existing infrastructure and has not only improved the online face of the brand and company, but also the functionality in the process automation. When something fits your business requirements, its easy to speak highly of it.

Cons: The introduction to the product requirements was a shock at first but the constant support calls and gaining a greater understanding of the requirements (and why). We had some limitations on designs quoted on post launch, which I understand were sent out to recommended service providers, but they seemed very expensive. Not sure if resulting from the external agent or them needing to work with Neto's code, but we didn't go ahead with that particular project.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/17
Virginia K.
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/29

"NETO has been quick with replies and the every increasing features means we are able to grow"

Comments: All our sales channels are through the one system now and helps with ability to know stock levels and have best reportable information.

Pros: Australian based, has omnichannel that is seamless and add-ons integrate very easily. Neto is quick to respond to my many inquiries and the software is surprising simple to use. We have changed to do ALL sales via this - phone sale, shop sales, trade show sales & of course internet sales

Cons: There is no next button - i.e. if updating customer information or item information you can not click on "next" you have to go out and re-select - BIG MINUS but it and the inability to easily change invoice and POS receipts (like in a WYSIWYG format) is the only negative

• Reviewed on 2017/05/29
Jordan L.
Textiles, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/21

"Neto so far has been fine. I think for an eCommerce platform it works fine."

Comments: More client growth, the easy of becoming a customer and approving them is due to the software.

Pros: The functionality of the platform works well, it's easy to update and maintain everything. It never seems to crash, which is important to my clients.

Cons: I wish there was more flexibility in regards to changing things for each customer i.e. since I'm a wholesaler, a product or service I may offer to one client may not be one I want to offer to another so it would be good if you can disable features for your client based on what you give them access to.

• Reviewed on 2017/05/21
Graeme F.

"Neto Shopping Cart"

Comments: Shopping cart works well and integrates well with Payment option and shipping options.

Pros: Works well on front end but over complicated on the back end for small business like ourselves.

Cons: With us changing prices and Price/size filters on products that have multiple sizes. Products that have a name change but the Product Variation DO NOT change.

Kerrie R.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/18

"Helped us grow our online presence - from basics to utilising more complex features as we expanded"

Comments: Increased sales, ease of use,

Pros: Ease of use, ability to utilise further functions as needed, local company with local support ie. AUSTRALIAN with the same capability as US based platforms.

Cons: We sell alot of product overseas in particular the US and the software doesn't have Foreign Exchange capability.... YET!

Shauna W.
Retail
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/10

"Easy to use and professional look"

Comments: I have been with Neto for over a year and my experience has been really good. No issues. If I need help with something a friendly consultant from Neto is always at hand, always polite, friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros: Ease of use! It's easy to use and you get a great result

Cons: N/A I really like the software, I haven't had any issues at all

Grant R.
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/21

"Great product from a great team."

Pros: Total package, hosting plus software.
The system has so much potential for a growing business. The inventory side is really robust and the seo gets great results with very little effort.

Cons: Needs some android phone apps so I can maintain my store on the go and the ability to pick orders via mobile would be great but not as a monthly addon.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/21
David S.
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/18

"Very good, touch expensive"

Pros: Support - excellent!

Cons: Some changes are very hard to make, ie, email templates. Needs coding, should all be WYSISWYG. Global changes also very hard, wanted to make site wide change to font, impossible to do without support.

Nessa L.
Co-Founder
Cosmetics, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/06

"Neto Best Value Platform for Small Business"

Comments: Me and my mum have found Neto so easy to use, it offers the best overall channel integration, Australian carriers and lots of included business tools available. Our current store www.ponytailshop.com.au shows you can build a site with custom fonts, clean lines, and parallax on this platform which is what we really wanted.

Pros: Channel integration
Australian Carriers

Ann C.
Overlord
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/04

"Completely Changed Their Pricing Structure"

Comments: It's been one of the worst customer support experiences I have ever had with a company. However, it their recent move that has me looking elsewhere as they accessed my system and ran reports to look at my revenue without my permission and then jacked up my costs by over 35% percent. Do your research on this company before giving them a dollar. At the present time there is a mass exodus away from Neto by unhappy customers.

Pros: Australian Business (in Australian $$)
Ease of Use and Functions

Cons: Customer Support is horrible
Recent changes to their pricing plan and the move to charging in US $$$

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/04
Anthony S.
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/03

"Consistent and powerful eCommerce platform. Easy to use if you don't need to customise code."

Comments: My confidence in good, fast and reliable support was restored

Pros: The backup support offered by Neto is the best I have ever come across when dealing on behalf of my clients.

Cons: As a developer, I'd like to have easier access to the code. However, I accept this does make it easier for those not requiring much customisation to the templates.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/03
Pat R.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/22

"Nothing short of sensational"

Comments: When it comes to online ecommerce software stores in Australia, no one has Neto beat. After trying several other big name 'Shop in a Box' solutions such as Volusion, Shopify and Woo Commerce, we always found our way back to Neto. We now currently run 4 x Neto stores (with intergration into Ebay, Amazon as well as other shopping feeds) and looking to expand to our 5th shortly. We have also noticed that the investment into Neto from Telstra has also helped with customer service and quicker feature and function updates. The IT Support Staff are very helpful and just a phone call away (which you can get to by phone during business hours which I might add, not just an email or chat bot). It's the simple features and functions that we took for granted such as simple product dimensions which you don't get on Shopify, the integration of local Shipping Carriers that seamlessly integrate to print out shipping consignments that you don't find in other overseas platforms, its reporting capabilities etc. Considering the fact that our first website back in 2000 (when the internet was a baby), it cost us almost $20,000 and didn't even sell anything. Today its worth 10 employees + some. If your seriously considering opening or a running an online store in Australia, Neto has to be on your shortlist or just save yourself the time and headaches and go straight Neto and see the difference yourself.

Pros: Features and Functions out of the box are great, there art too many add-on needed as its already more powerful than Shopify, which means no extra App add-ons.

Cons: No direct connection with Quickbooks only via OneSaas, which isn't a big deal but would be nice to get a direct intergration.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/22
Hussein A.
eCommerce Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/30

"Neto is the most scale-up friendly eCommerce platform in Australia"

Comments: Neto is the most scale-up friendly eCommerce platform in Australia which is why it has been our recommended eCommerce Management platform for our Australian Clients since 2013. Neto, in a nutshell, is a platform that helps you manage your online business efficiently and systematically and broadcast your products to multiple sales channels and marketplaces (eBay, Amazon, Catch, Mydeal, TradeMe…etc). Automate your order processing, shipment bookings, customer communication in one place using one platform. On top of that, they have a POS system which helps to streamline the offline side of your business with your online. Sure, there are cheaper options in the market. However, if you’re looking for the best value for money, Neto will not fail you on that. Web Bridge has been a Neto Partner and will stay as long as Neto keep offering the same amazing feature-rich platform which we’re confident they will.

Pros: * Automation and time-saving features
* The ease of selling through, multiple sales channels and marketplaces
* powerful system that can handle large inventory and data feed suppliers easily

Cons: Not much to hate about this software, the custoemr service response can take a bit longer than usual in some cases but generally it's good.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/30
Anna K.
MD
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/19

"A business process system built BY business people FOR business people"

Comments: - Doubled my revenue in the first year and grown it by 25% in the second.
- Automated our business so we can reduce staff and overheads
- Reduces admin time by 75% - ebay management, stock management, shipping labels etc.

Pros: - It is feature rich out of the box
- Manages process not just giving you a shopping cart - ie. Shipping process, stock control, eBay listings, RMAs, customer management, reporting
- Integrates with other systems
- Very powerful
- You don't need to waste time and hours trying to code functionality from the ground up like we did with Magento, a lot of the functions are in built

Cons: - Support used to be amazing, now it is still good, but not instant like it was before. Iguess that is what you get when a company gets bigger
- This is not a con, but more advice for new people that look at Neto. This is a VERY powerful tool, and you need to train yourself and your staff to use it. When people say its not user friendly, it is because they have not spent the time learning it. A pilot does not get into a plane and start flying just like a surgeon does not start cutting people open.
When you look at Neto, be prepared to invest 12 months in set up, training and really getting your hands dirty in the system, then it will revolutionise your business. It will allow you to do more with less staff, sell more and reduce your admin time. If you are just looking for a simple shopping cart, this is not for you.

Maggie Y.

"Easy and useful"

Comments: This is really amazing and useful software. It can achieve all the settings and effects you want to achieve. We use NETO connect Google shop save more times, integrate with NETO POS, the payment , the shipping cost etc, NETO make everything very easy to operate.

Pros: 1. The more and useful functions.
2. Good add on.
3. The best technical Support

Cons: Lack of some New Zealand local resource integration.

Craig F.
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/19

"A robust software package with exceptional support and service"

Comments: The ability to address and have a one stop solution capable of growing with the needs of my business

Pros: Ease and flexibility to design and change the software to the needs of the business. Being modular allows me to expand the package based on my growth and needs. Strongly backed up by third party developers and companies supplying alternative and complimentary modules to the existing core platform.

Cons: Nothing as the development and commitment from the company to grow and develop is evident. Care should be taken though to ensure the inclusive capabilities and modules are adequate and add a competitive edge rather then simply charge for everything as an add on.

Courteny B.
Business & Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/06

"Highly versatile eCommerce platform"

Comments: Neto is a platform that crosses multiple functional areas required to run a fully operational eCommerce business without needing external plugins. The platform has helped us streamline our business and services across multiple channels and offers a great value for money. Support availability is another key area where this platform excels and by far the best platform for any business considering expanding their market and presence online.

Tara T.
CMO
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/12

"Well thought out, and highly user friendly software"

Pros: Great user experience and easy to learn software.

Cons: There are some limitations and restrictions to what you can do in terms of adapting it to your business models needs. Especially in the marketing promotion module. Support for the system isn't always great, but not usually necessary as the software is user friendly.

Paula L.
owner-operator

"Great software!"

Pros: I love that the POS and the e-commerce are all integrated in one place. We are now using the email marketing software too.
Very good value for money.

Cons: the POS is very intuitive (very easy to train new staff), but the Control Panel is not the most user friendly. It takes a while to learn how to use it properly.

Nina H.
Online Sales
Music, 2-10 Employees

"So Easy to Use"

Comments: Easy to change over, and use. Customer Service is great, you can always get someone on the phone.

Pros: It really is easy to get used to using Neto, after previously using a different platform, Neto just made so much more sense.

Cons: Couldn't quite get the shipping/Australia Post intergration working.

Julie M.
CEO & Founder
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/20

"Generally Really Good but some of the Basics Need to be Fixed."

Pros: It's easy to use, Australian focused and there is constant development. You can get fixes quickly. Unfortunately the great things that Neto offer are overshadowed by one huge miss.

Cons: I am currently beyond frustrated that the newsletter sign up doesn't work and our email database has remained stagnant for four months. In an ecommerce business this is basic and we don't have it. It's impacting our business and we need to be able to sign up customers to the newsletter legally and we can't do that. We have issues that have remained issues of too long and I have to chase so that element is frustrating too.

• Reviewed on 2017/05/20
Melanie Y.
accounts manager/owner
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/10

"The further we get into setting up our website the more we are learning what Neto cannot provide"

Pros: The integration with other platforms such as Xero/mail chimp
apologies there hasnt been too many pros as I feel we were sold the product but not given the correct picture upfront about whats included and whats not included

Cons: you have to pay for the add ons which are included in other competitors packages.The saleteam needs to ask the right questions to ensure you are setup with everything you need not sell you the product then as you build your website you are told we dont offer this service as part of your package but you can use as an addon for a cost
There was also confusion about whether paypal here integrated.Told no by several team members then found a team member that explained how to integrate and it was complete.Very frustrating

• Reviewed on 2017/08/10