Neto Reviews

by Neto E-commerce Solutions

• Overall
    4,2 /5
    3,9 /5

About Neto

Our e-commerce platform enables retailers and wholesalers, of any size, to develop and maintain powerful online stores.

Learn more about Neto

James R.
Sporting Goods, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/07

"A PLATFORM THAT WILL GROW WITH YOU"

Comments: Without NETO, the naive start up would not have started. NETO provided me the opportunity to access an efficient e-commernce platform for little cost. It has allowed me to take risks in other areas while I learn about retail the hard way. I'm only using a fraction of the functionality and am comfortable knowing if I grow the business, I do not need to worry about the platform supporting it, if fact, that will be the easy part. The ability to quickly speak to a friendly and helpful human that tries hard to interpret what you need has made all the difference to me as a solo operator.

Pros: - Easy integration with other software / tools, like Xero, Sendle & Stripe for a one stop shop.
- Support is easy to access and vey helpful. Available on phone in Australia - without that hands on support it would not have been possible to get going.
- It is growing and developing too - continually changing and improving capability.
- While we are small, we have plans and this platform will scale easily - start with the platform for the future.
- To save money, with no experience, I was able to build a functioning ecommerce store using a free template - low cost of entry.
- Value for money.

Cons: - Like any big platform there are minor things you can't change, like some sort functions or fields.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/07
Natalie L.
Admin Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/07

"One of the best decisions we made for our business"

Comments: We were spending hours each day re-entering data from our multiple websites and sales channels and it was a nightmare keeping on top of inventory. Neto has changed all that. Everything is entered once only.

Pros: Easy to use, seemless integration & data feeds across multiple websites and multiple sales channels. Staff no longer wasting hours each day re-entering data. Fantastic customer support

Cons: Nothing comes to mind. On the odd occasion there has been something we haven't liked, it's been so minor that it doesn't matter

• Reviewed on 2020/05/07
Stefan T.
Customer Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/19

"Great Platform with a Knowledgeable and Helpful Team"

Pros: The Neto platform is great for any small to medium sized business looking to expand their eCommerce outreach with a great team behind the product to help you in any which way they can!

Cons: The Neto system can be difficult to accommodate for larger companies looking to have a fully custom built solution, however, can still be built to accommodate almost all features that are required.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/19
Rod W.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/07

"Sadly not a patch on what they used to be"

Comments: Fantastic initially, but now in 2019, there are no redeeming features and no goodwill on my part. You cannot trust these guys as a major partner in your business affairs. My advise is to look at alternate systems with more responsive development teams and a customer service focus.

Pros: While the business model is great, they have become immersed in a bugridden mire that they seem to be unable to dig themselves out of. One recent system error meant that parcels were shipped by many, many ecommerce stores to Aaron's Pass, a tiny town with a population of about 20. Despite one round of bug fixes, the problem is still occurring.

Cons: Their continual decline in service levels since Telstra took a 51% shareholding.
A massive increase in fees and a move to US dollar billling to Australian companies, so poorly handled, there have been numerous complaints to the ACCC and the small business ombudsmen
The bug they have not even looked at for me that means my courier pickups are not booked correctly so the driver never arrives. The lack of clarity about their new billing and shifting goal posts with 3 different prices quoted in as many days.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/07
Jimmy R.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/28

"Neto has made it possible for me to have a wild idea and make it happen, easily and on my own.."

Comments: I was able to turn an idea into a reality by using a standard template that I could build myself. It has allowed me to build slowly, at my own pace, at a good value. If all goes to plan, all the functionality I foresee needed for the future will be available and custom needs are easily done. The biggest benefit beyond the software itself, is the people and their accessibility here in Australia. I asked the stupid questions because I need to if I want to move forward and they do not make me feel stupid, they seem to get it...

Pros: - The ease with which a non-experienced, non-IT person like me can build their own shop, easy.
- The friendly, empathetic, human customer support that is a quick call away.
- The large enterprise scaleability that you have access to just starting out - future proof.
- The ease of integration with in-house and 3rd party add ons, like Xero & Sendle.
- The range of integrated add on options - love the base platform and then you build as you need.
- The direction Neto is going in and how quickly it is adapting to customer needs.
- Quickly becoming a one-stop-shop, fully integrated systems, like they are used.
- It's Australian!

Cons: Minor:
- I'd like the ability to choose ascending or descending ordering as standard
- I'd like the sort function (choosing priority / numbering) of products and pictures to be more intuitive.
- Some more detail in the information box on fields to know what it is used for or a link to guide

• Reviewed on 2017/07/28
Deena A.
Owner / Founder
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/09

"Thrilled to be working with the Neto team!"

Comments: There is so much information in the Neto system, and so many amazing features that I have to get time to learn. This is not a flaw, but rather, an excellent feature of their system.

Pros: We have been with Neto for over two years, and our business presence online has become extremely professional since we switched to Neto. We love the functionality, the design and the back-end features offered to us by Neto. We have been able to streamline our entire operation through Neto, including selling on several platforms, incorporating different shipping methods, and being able to self-manage our website, which is amazingly convenient for us. We also very much appreciate the excellent customer service offered to us each and every time we deal with the Neto team.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/09
Ray M.
Owner Operator
Sporting Goods, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/10

"RAM Cycle Parts Neto Review"

Comments: The main benefit is being able to control everything from the one dashboard. There are still things that you will need to go into ebay to control but the day to day stuff is pretty much all done on Neto.

Pros: Easy to list items on my web site and send them straight to ebay. Very good for someone with lots of ebay listings as templates and rules can be set up which saves a lot of time when making changes.

Cons: The initial data load from ebay into Neto was not as smooth as I would have liked. There was a lot of clean up and changes to make before going live and allowing updates to go back to ebay. It didn't phase me too much as I used to do a lot of software testing and setting up in my previous job roles but it could be an issue for the uninitiated.

Virginia K.
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/29

"NETO has been quick with replies and the every increasing features means we are able to grow"

Comments: All our sales channels are through the one system now and helps with ability to know stock levels and have best reportable information.

Pros: Australian based, has omnichannel that is seamless and add-ons integrate very easily. Neto is quick to respond to my many inquiries and the software is surprising simple to use. We have changed to do ALL sales via this - phone sale, shop sales, trade show sales & of course internet sales

Cons: There is no next button - i.e. if updating customer information or item information you can not click on "next" you have to go out and re-select - BIG MINUS but it and the inability to easily change invoice and POS receipts (like in a WYSIWYG format) is the only negative

• Reviewed on 2017/05/29
Jordan L.
Textiles, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/21

"Neto so far has been fine. I think for an eCommerce platform it works fine."

Comments: More client growth, the easy of becoming a customer and approving them is due to the software.

Pros: The functionality of the platform works well, it's easy to update and maintain everything. It never seems to crash, which is important to my clients.

Cons: I wish there was more flexibility in regards to changing things for each customer i.e. since I'm a wholesaler, a product or service I may offer to one client may not be one I want to offer to another so it would be good if you can disable features for your client based on what you give them access to.

• Reviewed on 2017/05/21
Maggie Y.

"Easy and useful"

Comments: This is really amazing and useful software. It can achieve all the settings and effects you want to achieve. We use NETO connect Google shop save more times, integrate with NETO POS, the payment , the shipping cost etc, NETO make everything very easy to operate.

Pros: 1. The more and useful functions.
2. Good add on.
3. The best technical Support

Cons: Lack of some New Zealand local resource integration.

Ryan G.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/10

"Great Platform, Alot more than just ecommerce"

Comments: Its more of an ERP system than an ecommerce solution. We run our whole business on this (with xero as well) and find it great. We are a larger sized business and it handles it fine.

Pros: Its funcionality and how much it does. We tried to avoid having too many add ons so we chose neto which has a huge range of funcionility

Cons: Its xero integration needs to show invoices reconciled in the xero back rec as paid in neto.

Tara T.
CMO
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/12

"Well thought out, and highly user friendly software"

Pros: Great user experience and easy to learn software.

Cons: There are some limitations and restrictions to what you can do in terms of adapting it to your business models needs. Especially in the marketing promotion module. Support for the system isn't always great, but not usually necessary as the software is user friendly.

David S.
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/18

"Very good, touch expensive"

Pros: Support - excellent!

Cons: Some changes are very hard to make, ie, email templates. Needs coding, should all be WYSISWYG. Global changes also very hard, wanted to make site wide change to font, impossible to do without support.

Julie M.
CEO & Founder
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/20

"Generally Really Good but some of the Basics Need to be Fixed."

Pros: It's easy to use, Australian focused and there is constant development. You can get fixes quickly. Unfortunately the great things that Neto offer are overshadowed by one huge miss.

Cons: I am currently beyond frustrated that the newsletter sign up doesn't work and our email database has remained stagnant for four months. In an ecommerce business this is basic and we don't have it. It's impacting our business and we need to be able to sign up customers to the newsletter legally and we can't do that. We have issues that have remained issues of too long and I have to chase so that element is frustrating too.

• Reviewed on 2017/05/20
Dion P.
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/28

"Worst decision ever made"

Pros: Not much, every component they market favorably in seems to have added costs, and that's even if it works properly

Cons: Everything, the GUI is counter-intuitive, hardly works well enough to make sense and doesn't deliver on many fronts

• Reviewed on 2018/05/28
Robbin S.
Accounting Intern
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/21

"I haven't used Neto much as I am a new employee, but I have loved what I have seen!"

Comments: Easy and customizable.

Pros: Easy and customizability, search filters are the best. Again, I have not used Neto much but will be able to tell more when I use it more.

Cons: I have not used Neto much to come up with things to improve.. I like what I use at the moment!!!!!!!!!

• Reviewed on 2017/07/21
Daniel F.
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/10

"Advertised more growth, got less"

Pros: Integrations with shipping companies were the best thing about Neto. Where I would have to upgrade on Shopify they were just there. But don't get sucked in by them.

Cons: I really can't say much about this platform. It's the same as the competition bit done really bad. Everything just sucked and I moved straight away back to Shopify. The Shop templates were CRAP, POS was terrible (Square is 100x better). Just everything was worse. Don't believe their lies.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/10
Cady Z.
admin officer
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/03

"Easy to use , Simple to build"

Pros: Very useful template, can save a lot of time when doing terms and conditions. Since there are templates that are general terms and you just need to edit and change to your own T&Cs. The other good part is all the editing are online, your web will change immediately without exporting then upload. ,

Cons: In terms of customising, there is not much option like some others. Cannot drag and drop whatever pitcher to wherever we want.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/03
Pat R.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/22

"Nothing short of sensational"

Comments: When it comes to online ecommerce software stores in Australia, no one has Neto beat. After trying several other big name 'Shop in a Box' solutions such as Volusion, Shopify and Woo Commerce, we always found our way back to Neto. We now currently run 4 x Neto stores (with intergration into Ebay, Amazon as well as other shopping feeds) and looking to expand to our 5th shortly. We have also noticed that the investment into Neto from Telstra has also helped with customer service and quicker feature and function updates. The IT Support Staff are very helpful and just a phone call away (which you can get to by phone during business hours which I might add, not just an email or chat bot). It's the simple features and functions that we took for granted such as simple product dimensions which you don't get on Shopify, the integration of local Shipping Carriers that seamlessly integrate to print out shipping consignments that you don't find in other overseas platforms, its reporting capabilities etc. Considering the fact that our first website back in 2000 (when the internet was a baby), it cost us almost $20,000 and didn't even sell anything. Today its worth 10 employees + some. If your seriously considering opening or a running an online store in Australia, Neto has to be on your shortlist or just save yourself the time and headaches and go straight Neto and see the difference yourself.

Pros: Features and Functions out of the box are great, there art too many add-on needed as its already more powerful than Shopify, which means no extra App add-ons.

Cons: No direct connection with Quickbooks only via OneSaas, which isn't a big deal but would be nice to get a direct intergration.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/22
Hussein A.
eCommerce Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/30

"Neto is the most scale-up friendly eCommerce platform in Australia"

Comments: Neto is the most scale-up friendly eCommerce platform in Australia which is why it has been our recommended eCommerce Management platform for our Australian Clients since 2013. Neto, in a nutshell, is a platform that helps you manage your online business efficiently and systematically and broadcast your products to multiple sales channels and marketplaces (eBay, Amazon, Catch, Mydeal, TradeMe…etc). Automate your order processing, shipment bookings, customer communication in one place using one platform. On top of that, they have a POS system which helps to streamline the offline side of your business with your online. Sure, there are cheaper options in the market. However, if you’re looking for the best value for money, Neto will not fail you on that. Web Bridge has been a Neto Partner and will stay as long as Neto keep offering the same amazing feature-rich platform which we’re confident they will.

Pros: * Automation and time-saving features
* The ease of selling through, multiple sales channels and marketplaces
* powerful system that can handle large inventory and data feed suppliers easily

Cons: Not much to hate about this software, the custoemr service response can take a bit longer than usual in some cases but generally it's good.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/30
Anna K.
MD
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/19

"A business process system built BY business people FOR business people"

Comments: - Doubled my revenue in the first year and grown it by 25% in the second.
- Automated our business so we can reduce staff and overheads
- Reduces admin time by 75% - ebay management, stock management, shipping labels etc.

Pros: - It is feature rich out of the box
- Manages process not just giving you a shopping cart - ie. Shipping process, stock control, eBay listings, RMAs, customer management, reporting
- Integrates with other systems
- Very powerful
- You don't need to waste time and hours trying to code functionality from the ground up like we did with Magento, a lot of the functions are in built

Cons: - Support used to be amazing, now it is still good, but not instant like it was before. Iguess that is what you get when a company gets bigger
- This is not a con, but more advice for new people that look at Neto. This is a VERY powerful tool, and you need to train yourself and your staff to use it. When people say its not user friendly, it is because they have not spent the time learning it. A pilot does not get into a plane and start flying just like a surgeon does not start cutting people open.
When you look at Neto, be prepared to invest 12 months in set up, training and really getting your hands dirty in the system, then it will revolutionise your business. It will allow you to do more with less staff, sell more and reduce your admin time. If you are just looking for a simple shopping cart, this is not for you.

• Reviewed on 2017/05/19
Graeme F.

"Neto Shopping Cart"

Comments: Shopping cart works well and integrates well with Payment option and shipping options.

Pros: Works well on front end but over complicated on the back end for small business like ourselves.

Cons: With us changing prices and Price/size filters on products that have multiple sizes. Products that have a name change but the Product Variation DO NOT change.

Claud P.
System Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/10

"Value for money, Neto is the best choice out there"

Comments: Great, i highly value doing business with Neto

Pros: Cost, easy to use and easy to scale. Plus CS is in Australia

Cons: there is some missing functions that are the standard nowadays, like scan PO in, finance on POS, Import 301

Paula L.
owner-operator

"Great software!"

Pros: I love that the POS and the e-commerce are all integrated in one place. We are now using the email marketing software too.
Very good value for money.

Cons: the POS is very intuitive (very easy to train new staff), but the Control Panel is not the most user friendly. It takes a while to learn how to use it properly.