• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,7 /5

About Paymo

Paymo is a full-featured work management solution dedicated to small businesses and remote teams to help them get their job done.

Learn more about Paymo

Neal B.
King of All Cosmos
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/25

"Paymo has grown, evolved, and expanded alongside of the needs of our business."

Comments: Seriously, everything! I mentioned time tracking earlier but Paymo also does project management, client management, invoicing, estimation, Zapier integration, scheduling, team tasking...and the list goes on and on.

Pros: Time tracking is seamlessly integrated into our current designer workflow. This allows us to calculate the actual time spent on the job so clients understand where their money is being spent. It also allows us to identify where we need to increase project costs (9/10 times it's with 'customer correspondence').

Cons: We've been with Paymo for over 10 years so it was a bit of a kick when they started charging for functionality like Gant Charts. We've always loved the complete 'soup-to-nuts' service that Paymo offered so when certain items were put behind another paywall it definitely stung a bit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

by Paymo on 2020/06/25

Loved the "(9/10 times it's with customer correspondence)" part, Neal :)

Besides Gantt Charts, the Business plan also comes with a Team Scheduling module, 100 GB of storage, and priority support.

We found this plan to be more appealing to larger teams, that's why we've decided to include it in a separate plan.

What specifically do you need from Gantt Charts, the ability to set dependencies or see task deadlines on a calendar?

If it's the latter one, then I have some good news: we're going to launch a task calendar view in the near future, so stay tuned!

• Reviewed on 2020/06/25
Jelena J.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/01

"My time and sanity saver!"

Comments: I've increased my productivity with Paymo's Kanban board view, combined with Table view, and saved TONS of hours on admin, invoicing, timesheets, client and project management. Just this time saving alone pays off the monthly subscription. Sanity and nerves saving is the bonus! :) Why? Because Paymo helped me maintain good client relationships, timesheet transparency and great records&data representation for a client. So when a client comes up with a random question about a specific task, Paymo's records make finding (and presenting) a specific information or record so much easier, transparent and more reliable.

Pros: Paymo has been a lifesaver in many business management areas: project management, client management, time tracking, accounting. With built-in budgeting, time tracking, expense tracking, estimate calculations, professional invoicing and getting paid online (and on time!), different project 'views' (list, table, board for kanban, gantt), extensive filters, dashboard and insights, resource scheduling, live time reports, client portal - and all that in one app - it's a sanity saver! One of the things I also personally quite appreciate is the professional and clean look of the invoices (and how easy it is for clients to pay them online). With a click of a button, you can add the unbilled time/fees for a specific time period and/or projects to an invoice. Paymo does all that heavy admin stuff for you and it has saved me a lot of time! Cherry on the top: all invoice items are presented so neatly and professionally, so that my clients can see exactly everything I've worked on for them and what I'm billing them for, as well as how much time is tracked for each project and task. And Payoneer, in addition to PayPal/Stripe/Authorize.Net payment gateways is a big plus! It's brilliant. The moment I first tried it, I could immediately feel that Paymo is the tool designed for actual freelancers in mind, whether you work on a project basis, or a pay-as-you-go basis. It's not complex, and all the features it has are just *right*. Exactly what I need. And it's getting even better!

Cons: I wish the app was just a little bit faster, but I read somewhere that they already have this improvement on their roadmap. Still, if you ask me, it's totally worth the wait for every new feature and improvement their team is cooking for us :)

by Paymo on 2020/07/10

Speed improvements are already something that we're addressing. Stay tuned for more goodies such as a task calendar view, improved mobile app with team collaboration features and guest access.

Cheers,

• Reviewed on 2020/07/01
Leticia M.
Co-founder and Creative Director
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/16

"Our main tool to run the business"

Comments: We have been working with Paymo for more than 5 years now and over the years we've seen constant improvement with new features. It's a rich feature tool for a low price and it suits our company as no other does, not only in what they offer but in an intuitive and easy-to-use tool. The timer, invoices using the timesheet, team scheduling, sending estimates, all those make the difference in our business and has help us to save and make money.

Pros: The timer is the best feature of Paymo. We search a lot but none of the other tools allows us to easy time our work and bill our clients as Paymo, with an always-visible timer. And the ability to bill our clients with the timesheet completes our process perfectly.

Cons: It's lacking a client portal, where they have all information about their project and invoices

by Paymo on 2020/06/18

Time tracking FTW, Leticia - thank you :)

I think there's a misunderstanding. The current client portal allows clients to view their invoices. Just be sure to add them as contacts too: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/900000-how-do-i-add-a-contact-to-a-client

They can't see the project progress, something that is going to be fixed with the next release of the client portal. That will grant guest users in-app access.

This is our #1 priority right now, so stay tuned!

Kind regards,

• Reviewed on 2020/06/16
Jonathan S.
Owner, Freelance Designer
Graphic Design, Self Employed

"Impressed"

Comments: Overall I have been really impressed with Paymo, it has merged many of the tools I would often have to use seperate services for and that alone is a massive time & cost saver. Support has been excellent in the few times I have had to contact them, & I have enjoyed implementing the service as the hub for my project management needs. I look forward to the updates the Paymo team bring in the future.

Pros: The biggest selling point for me was the project management facility alongside the app & timer for time tracking. Prior to this I had used a mix of Toggl + Trello, then when I moved to Quickbooks TSheets + Trello + Quickbooks. Switching to Paymo streamlined this so that I could do all the project management and time tracking in one suite. Quickbooks integration was a necessity also considering all my finances have been handled there too. Support has been excellent as well, tickets are resolved quickly and always someone available to give a helping hand or to receive feedback.

Cons: The biggest con was actually a feature I asked about before signing up for a subscription. At present the task management boards have no guest access facility. This was a feature I was really looking for as previously I used Trello to share proofs & receive feedback from clients. Having contacted support they have informed me that this feature is on the roadmap and undergoing testing, so hopefully will arrive in the not too distant future. The web application could also benefit from more keyboard shortcuts as well. This is something I miss from Trello that was incredibly useful, but will mention to support as a feature request, alongside a dark mode or more options for theming the application. (There are chrome extensions that can partially cover this, but native support would be even more appreciated).

by Paymo on 2020/06/18

Happy to hear that we streamline not just time tracking, but invoicing (including the QB integration)!

Indeed, the client portal with in-app access to guest users is our #1 priority. It's a large task, with a lot of implications, so we're making sure to check all the community's needs :)

Shortcuts will be more frequent too.

Kind regards,

Leonardo L.
Architect
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/29

"Simple and beautiful online solution to handle my small design business time tracking needs."

Comments: The main reason for switching to this software is that it allowed my entire team to track time. After using the software for a few months, there have been several benefits from using the software:
- Interface is very clean and allows to track much more data that I was able to do before.
- As stated in the pros, one of the best feature of the software is that it allows users to create task lists individual for each project. This allows our office to set up each project exactly per the contract. This keeps a tight control on the time spent on the project and allows tracking of additional services that are not part of the original contract.
- I am working on the invoice template for the office. If i am able to set this up correctly, invoicing time would be reduced significantly each month.
- The ability to track time directly out of the windows environment is great.
- I am not using the time tracking feature on my phone, mostly because i spend a lot of time sitting at a desk, however other people in the office are using this feature and are happy with it.
- Next step for us is to start implementing control on billable hours per user. This will allow us to control billable time and help organize employee time and work.

Pros: I have looked at several options for my company and decided on Paymo for the following reasons:
- The software has a very clean and intuitive interface
- One of the best features is how you can customize how projects are set up and tracked. You generate a task list that is checked off as you move trough the project. This is an amazing feature that organizes the project while it tracks it. It took a lot of effort to re-design how my company tracks project but in the end I am very happy with results.
- Pricing system is fair and scalable.
- The software comes with a windows desktop application. It also has a more advanced feature where it automatically calculates how your time is used -I have not tired this yet because I don't think it would work for my office.
- The ability to enter the time on a weekly calendar is fantastic. The software also has a bulk time add feature if needed.
- I am able to export all of the data in CSV format
- You are able to invoice directly out of the software - I have not been able to set up this feature yet but i am working with the support team to figure out how to make it work for my company.
- The software has several features that I have not been able to implement yet.
- Customer support has been great, answer is usually within an hour or two directly from the developers.

Cons: Below is a list of some of the limitations i have encountered using the software.
- The calendar time-sheet input is great, but it should allow drag-paste feature. This would make entering time so much faster. Not a deal breaker, because in the end time input is fairly quick.
- I was not able to import the data from my previous time-sheet software. I would like to see the option to import bulk time from an excel spreadsheet if needed. This is not a critical feature, but I have several years worth of data, that for now have to keep in a different software.
- The software comes with some standard invoice formats, it does take some effort to create custom templates. Architectural service invoices tend to be fairly complicated, I have not been able to set up the invoices as I would like yet. Support is working with me on this issue, so hopefully I can report back once I have it all setup.
- You can create custom reports for anything you want, so getting the data out is not a problem however I find that the process is a bit more tedious than what I was accustomed to before. To be fair I still need to learn the software.

Hi Leonardi,

You can use click and drag in Timesheets in the Day and Week view to create new time entries.

Data can be imported/exported by using our API.

You can also clone time reports, so after you get your desired settings for one report, you can clone it and only change some of the settings.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/29
Luc C.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/17

"Using it since 2016 and every update makes me happier"

Comments: It works, never failed me. Questions with support are always quickly answered and they're very helpful.

Pros: I've been using this product since 2016 and did so in several ways. Every time an update is implemented it's surprises me on it's effectiveness. It just keeps running smoother and smoother. Besides that the tools in the app are nicely designed an clearly structured i like the (multiple) supporting apps to track time very useful. Also nicely integrated with other apps through API. It's just a great product.

Cons: I'm finding more and more ways to implement other workflows in there. My Getting things done method and trello (kanban) are easy to implement. Maybe a notetaking system to implement Zettelkasten (knowledgebase) in there aswell.

by Paymo on 2020/06/18

Thank you, Luc, for your kind words :)

Please upvote this feature request on notes on our community forum to get more traction: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/wiki-or-notes-for-each-project/722

Alison P.
Tutor (Associate Lecturer)
Higher Education, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2015/06/23

"Paymo pays for itself..."

Comments: As a very small business - there are only the two of us - I needed a way to accurately track the time we were spending on client projects. Paymo does that for us in a very straightforward way, and the click-and-create reports mean that I can see the information I need for invoicing and get an overview of how we're working through the agreed hours very easily. Not only is our invoicing more accurate - nearly all our monthly invoices have increased as we're not forgetting the odd half-hour here and there - but I also have the answers to the 'what were we doing all day' questions when we spent time on non-chargeable tasks and I'm able to keep a better track of those tasks, too. (I don't use Paymo's invoicing facility - it seem straightforward enough, but I want to do all my accounting in one application to simplify the VAT process.)

Pros: Support is fantastic - I have only had to ask for help a couple of times, but when I do the built-in online help facility means I get an answer very quickly, using language I understand. The other thing that is great is the flexibility of the reporting module. One of my clients likes to see how we're using up the agreed project hours as we go through, so I have created a report just for him and given him the link. He's happy to be getting the information he needs to plan without my having to spend time getting it for him.

Cons: Most of the things that were on my wish list have been incorporated into recent releases. The only one I would still like would be the ability to share reports within the company - at the moment, I do a screenshot of the configuration and my employee copies it. It's not a huge issue, but it would be useful to be able to have personal and shared (company-wide) reports.

• Reviewed on 2015/06/23
Ben O.
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/05

"Simple but great"

Comments: I use Paymo to organise my time and projects across three businesses. I've used various task managers and high-end project management software in the past, but Paymo hits a real sweet spot for me.

Pros: It's a really simple interface, but still has enough features to make it usable. I evaluated around ten other project management tools before selecting Paymo. Tech support is friendly and responsive.

Cons: I'm not sure if this is just a limitation of the browser, but I find the interface a little slow at times. It doesn't really slow me down significantly, just used to using lots of keyboard shortcuts. More standard spreadsheet-style table entry would be good. But honestly, it's great.

by Paymo on 2020/01/14

Hi Ben,

You're not wrong, the app might experience low speed sometimes (it's a combination of several factors), but we're aware of this and already take active steps in this direction.

As for the spreadsheet-style input, you can go for the Task's Table View to add task details in-line, as well as the add bulk option for time tracking.

Hope this helps!

• Reviewed on 2019/09/05
Gerrit V.
Software Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/17

"Paymo has a cool widget"

Comments: Time tracking is a matter of discipline. Paymo is easy enough to use on a daily base, I had little to no trouble on adapting to the habit.

Pros: The Paymo setup is quite easy and transparent. In order to customize it for our needs, I found out that I could perhaps manipulate the hierarchy of clients / projects / task lists / tasks. Before doing so, I checked with their Support desk (live chat!) to make sure I wouldn't run into problems later on.
So now, we have a structure that fits our needs pretty well.
The application allows for many views (tables!) and reports.

Cons: For managing a team, it would be nice to have options to save filters, so that you can quickly jump from one view to another. Some views are a bit too bland, making me feel a little lost on where to go.

• Reviewed on 2017/05/17
Juan pablo C.
Founding Partner
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/24

"Paymo is an invaluable tool for Law Firms."

Pros: It allows our clients to know the time we dedicate to each of their cases.
Clients can review the expenses generated by their affairs.
The Law Firm knows how much time we dedicate to the affairs of each of our clients, and allows us to detect how complicated or simple an issue is.
We can assign new lawyers to each case in a simple and intuitive way.
The reports are easy to read and of great quality for our clients.
Its mobile tools are simple to use.
The software for the computer is simple and intuitive.
It has plans and prices that are adapted for each work team.

Cons: Some sections are not translated completely into Spanish, as is the case of Team Scheduling, but this has met all our expectations.

Hi Juan Pablo,

We're currently working on improving the translations and we're rewarding users that help. For more details, please get in touch with us by using the in app help button.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/24
Haley S.
Graphic Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/15

"Paymo Review--difficult to learn, but once you do, beneficial."

Comments: Overall, I think it's going to be very beneficial for our company. I'm still getting used to all the features and navigating what will work best for our unique situation, but all the diverse functionalities of Paymo make me believe that whatever we want the software to do, we can make it happen.

Pros: Time tracking and comments. The time tracking makes payroll and time management much easier and the comments section make it to where communication can be very much like social media in the threads and everything is contained within the project. It makes it easier to stay organized. The customer service is also incredible. Very helpful and VERY fast which helped me learn the software quicker. I was also very thankful for the video tutorials on the website.

Cons: The learning curve. There are many many customizable functions which is great but having never used it before, it was difficult to navigate all the options. It might be best to have a short questionnaire right when you purchase the program that asks what you are going to use it for...maybe rating a few things in order of importance, size of business, what you do, etc. and there can be a default setup that lets you customize as you go without having to make so many decisions up front? But I know each business is so different. Which makes this software great for almost any company. Just a little overwhelming at first.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/15
Joanna L.
Executive Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/18

"Great for Monitoring Productivity"

Comments: Paymo is great for tracking our team's productivity and making sure that we keep on track with numerous projects.

Pros: Paymo is a great tool for keeping track of project work and team efficiency.

Cons: Switching between projects/tasks in the smaller window can be fiddly. Also having to click start/stop twice each time is a little frustrating.

by Paymo on 2020/06/19

Thank you for your thoughts, Joanna!

If you're minimizing the web browser window, be sure to collapse the menu and second column for more screen space.

You can also track time manually or use PaymoPlus, our automatic time tracker that sits in your background and tracks activities on your behalf :)

Try it out: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/888726-what-is-paymo-plus

• Reviewed on 2020/06/18
Steve P.
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/06

"Excellent time recording / analysis tool that has always been good, and is still getting better."

Comments: Great visibility of where time is being spent, including analysis of time write-offs, job profitability and staff productivity levels.

Pros: Paymo is easy to use in configuration, time recording and reporting. It's a great solution for scheduling and recording staff and subcontractor time.

Cons: Paymo is attempting to make the transition from a time recording utility to a full-blown project management tool. In this regard it has a way to go, so it's sort of caught in the middle at the moment. I've made a couple of attempts to work with the auto-time recorder, but have given up each time (but that's possibly more related to the fragmented nature of my work - your mileage may vary.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/06
Data Scientist - Watson Health
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/24

"Paymo is a great tool for management and tracking time on projects, and is very easy to pick up."

Pros: I liked how easy it is for a new user to pick the tool up and figure out how it works, and I like the visuals they use to show how much time you've worked/how you're splitting time between projects.

Cons: While it is easy to use, it's pretty lacking in features - other management and time tracking tools have more features (like easy ways to access documents, add detailed notes, etc.)

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that we integrate with Google Drive so you can add file to and from Google Drive account to your Paymo account.

Also you can add task descriptions, comments, create topics/discussions etc.

Ionut C.

"Just what we needed"

Comments: Paymo helped me free up time spent on invoices and time tracking and allowed me to focus more on my work

Pros: Paymo gave exactly what i needed. A easy to use timesheet feature with a built in time tracker + the ability to take tasks and time spent per task and add those to the invoice. No more manual calculations of the time spent and time wasted creating invoices

Cons: mobile app is lacking the timesheet feature

by Paymo on 2020/06/18

The next release of the mobile version will include features like task assignment, rich task details, and comments.

Not sure if the full timesheet will be available (there's not too much screen space on a smartphone), but the mobile app will definetly be improved (currently under development in fact :D ).

Member
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/24

"I have used Paymo previously and like it a lot except for one thing."

Comments: Again, I think it's a great application, but my less costly (free!) apps work much better at task creation than Paymo, and that's huge for me.

Pros: Paymo is a great full-service project manager / task list / time-tracker / reporting and invoicing application. I think it's great that they give you up to 1GB of storage for free and up to 50GB for their first level of pricing. I used them a long time ago and their product has become very professional looking as well, and nicely integrated among its different features. The price is OK, but not high for what you get especially if you use all the features.

Cons: The only thing I'm not a fan of, and this goes for most apps that are task oriented is that it doesn't seem to have a pre-built app integrated with some of the more mail clients. There are some that allow you to connect with their application at the point of opening an email, turn it into a task, and select which customer/project you want to assign it, and your done. I guess Paymo might offer this availability via some custom coding via their API (and kudows for that!), but usually it's handed off via a somewhat clunky zap from Zapier that relies on presetting the projects and email labels. Seems like it could be easier.

Anne-marie R.
  • Reviewed on 2016/03/09

"Excellent project management software! Highly Recommended!"

Comments: I have been using Paymo for about a year now and it has changed my productivity for the better. As a Freelance PA/Project Manager I work for different companies so it is imperative that I can track my time spent on different projects and tasks. Paymo does this easily and with no fuss. Paymo is easy to set up and use. The free trial is perfect for trying out Paymo. I did just that initially and was so impressed that I had to continue with the paid version of Paymo. Once Paymo had been set up and customised I could just log onto Paymo each day and easily track time. It is easy to switch between projects too. Paymo has an overview of hours worked, unbilled amounts, milestones, discussions etc so easy to see at a glance progress per project. At the end of each month I use Paymo to easily invoice my clients. Just one click of a button to invoice unbilled time, check the invoice and send by email! Easy. Paymo then keeps a list of invoices sent out which can be updated to show status. The invoice itself looks very professional and I easily added a company logo. There are custom settings to save the text to be used when sending out invoices. Customer Service is impeccable, on the few occasions I have needed to ask a question I have had fast, helpful responses and have always been dealt with very professionally and quickly. I highly recommend using this project management software, it is time saving, quick, easy and can do an awful lot to assist with the admin side of running a business. I wouldn't be without it! Thank you Paymo!

• Reviewed on 2016/03/09
Andrew W.
  • Reviewed on 2016/01/14

"Paymo - From a freelance designer's view"

Comments: I've recently set up as a 3D designer working from home. As an arty designer type I really do not like the whole "paperwork, TAX, invoices, accounting" side of things but I realise that keeping that all in order is imperative to the smooth running of a business. I also need a good, quick and simple project management system. Paymo has fulfilled everything I could have wanted with my business. The less time I'm spending on the admin side of things the more money I can get paid for doing actual design work. I can't think of a better, more simple way of getting things done than Paymo.

Pros: Super simple. Does pretty much everything that you need to get done with the minimum of fuss. The mobile app is an added bonus for logging time whilst not at your computer. The way everything seamlessly ties in from timesheet to invoice, etc. One of the most important things to consider is the online support. With Paymo it is excellent, less than an hour usually and you have a reply - I can't stress the value of this side of things enough.

Cons: I had a slight issue with different clients within one company needing to be billed on the same job (2D work and 3D work). This isn't as simple as I'd hoped BUT there was an easy workaround. Expenses cannot be imported from Shoeboxed - but that's quite a specialist requirement.

• Reviewed on 2016/01/14
Jason F.
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/02

"Great program and app"

Comments: I've been using this system for the past 6 years. It's the best tracking system I've found. I'm able to accurately time my hours, stop and go, manage projects and manage my team. It really helps my company.

Pros: Timer by task, project management

Cons: Nothing

• Reviewed on 2016/08/02
Nick G.
Director of Operations
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/23

"Great comprehensive solution with excellent customer support"

Pros: Paymo has a great selection of features, including: - time tracking
- employee scheduling
- project management tools
- Gantt Charts
- Invoice generators
It has been a great tool for gaining insight into how much time our employees spend on various tasks and projects and helped us refine our internal economics and price quoting. The project management tools are robust enough that we don't need a separate tool for project managers.

Cons: - The phone app is still a work in progress and currently has limited features and functionality
- The stopwatch on the phone app doesn't sync with the computer widget or in-browser timer
- Team scheduling doesn't allow for classification by "type/position"
- Multipliers can't be added to certain time entries, such as a 1.5x multiplier for overtime

• Reviewed on 2018/09/23
Alex D.
Freelancer
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/27

"Great for solo freelancers and small teams"

Comments: Paymo has been a great and worthwhile investment for my freelance business. It does the job that I would typically need multiple tools to accomplish. And it does the job very well.

Pros: I like that I can use this tool to track my time, handle estimates and invoices, as well as project/task management. Every tool is synced with each other, allowing you to do things such as create time reports and invoices based on the time you have entered into the tracker.

Cons: The invoicing feature separates everything in the time tracking tool by project/client. I personally would prefer if I could automatically pull invoices for multiple clients/projects but bill one client, because I do contract work for many clients, but bill my contractor. This is not likely how many people would use the tool, but I do wish it had that option for myself.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/27
Gerald L.
Senior Project Architect
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2015/06/09

"Time tracking made easy"

Comments: We've used all kinds of time-tracking systems over the years, but this beats all. All our project information, budgets, tasks & staff metrics in one place helps us not only bill time but also see how we're performing throughout the year in a clear, visually pleasing interface.
The click & drag calendar-style time-sheet is way ahead of any other time-tracking SAAS providers that we've trialed and makes time entry & editing a breeze, which in turn ensures better staff compliance and readability for project managers.
Roll-overs give additional depth to graphical data and reports help us customise the output of project data for different project team members. The secure portal for clients lets them see where their project is at without compromising privacy of our other clients.
We haven't tried out the Zapier integration feature yet, but looking forward to getting Paymo talking to our other apps soon.

Pros: Graphical (calendar-style) time entry
Easy to build reports
Easy project, task & user management
Modern, clear & appealing UI
Zapier integration

Cons: No Xero support? (except through Zapier, which is an additional cost)
Build in support for this widely-used app so we can get our time & invoice data directly to our accounts staff

Caleb M.
Film Producer
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/16

"Paymo Review"

Pros: I enjoy the ease of use and accuracy that this software implements.

Cons: I think that the organization of projects can sometimes be disorienting.

by Paymo on 2020/01/15

Hi Caleb,

May I ask in which way can the organization of projects be disorienting?

You can filter after their status if this helps: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/977872-how-to-use-project-statuses

Or export them in a tabular format to view details at a glance: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/3064950-projects-table-view

Hope this helps!

• Reviewed on 2019/07/16
Andres A.
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/15

"Best Project Management/Invoicing/Time Tracking app for Freelancers!"

Comments: I am so much more organized now and can focus a lot better on my work!

Pros: I have everything I need in one app that is feature rich, but at the same time really easy to use. I go from sending estimates, to setting up projects, tasks, time tracking and billing (it is even integrated with Payoneer, so my clients pay me directly from the invoice!). I tried and tested and was using 3 apps to get all I needed done before I found Paymo. Now it's only one tab on my browser!

Cons: Nothing really, been using it for months and the more I use it, the more I like it! Whenever I need to do something different or new, setting a different hourly rate for a particular project or task, edit the timesheets, mark an invoice that wasn't paid online as paid, or send reminders, everything is just there with such a great UI.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/15
Leopoldo R.
Associate Professor
Higher Education, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2015/06/09

"A great task management and time tracking tool. Really awesome!"

Comments: I am in the Software & Web Development industry and I need a tool for management my daily tasks, report hours and time tracking in order to have a clear understanding about how my projects are going on: progress, hours worked, tasks done, percentage of efforts in each task, and so on. Definitely, Paymo is a great tool for that purpose. Solved my need with excellence. Congrats to that team.

Pros: The User Interface is awesome. Very friendly, modern and intuitive. You get a whole view, graphically and textual, about what task you are doing in your projects and how the things are going.
Obviously a good UI also comes with a set of features that does this tool a very useful tool to do task management and time tracking.

Cons: This tool is more oriented to project management in a general and administrative perspective (progress, tasks, hours worked, etc.) than a tool for manage the software development life cycle (Agile projects, and so on). If you are looking something for manage software projects using Agile methods, it might be not the right tool. In such sense is not like JIRA or Trello, for example.