Filter by:

• Overall

About Reftab

A customizable and full featured asset tracking platform. Easy to setup and use. Cloud based and mobile.

Learn more about Reftab

Chris H.
IT Services Manager
Law Practice, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/12

"Best-in-class Asset Management solution"

Comments: Reftab was simple to configure and even easier to manage. Our business enjoys the peace of mind knowing we are in control of the cost as we grow in users.

Pros: Reftab provides a powerful and cost-effective solution enabling us to keep track of our physical and digital assets across a distributed workforce.

Cons: I can identify very few cons in the time I've used this platform. The ability to deploy an agent to all hardware to automatically capture information would be nice but not necessary if managed well.

Alternatives Considered: Asset Panda

Reasons for Switching to Reftab: Cost and integrations with our existing platforms (Jira Service Desk)

• Reviewed on 2020/06/12
Danny D.
IT Support Specialist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/18

"Great inventory management system"

Comments: Again it's really about friendliness and folks that believe in their product.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], one of the founders, gave us a nice demo, highlighting features of how Reftab can work for us. At the end of the presentation, he was willing to come up with a package that would best suit the needs of our nonprofit.
I am the one to set up the inventory management system and corresponding lending library that will be used my many employees in the future. The software is intuitive where I can figure out a lot on my own. Sometimes I would look for help in the documentation, and there are also times I have discussions with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about certain questions or things that will come up in the future. It's been a great experience so far, and I'm sure any company will have a good time with Reftab too.

Pros: There is a lot to like about Reftab.
It has a modern look and feel. It's software as a service, so there is nothing to download or install.
It's quite easy to use, but it's recommended to at least look through the documentation.
And the founders are always willing to help.

Cons: There is nothing not to like. But you must take time to learn how it works via documentation and experimentation.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/18
Matthew D.
IT Support Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/08

"Reftab is Worth It"

Comments: The Reftab team was extremely responsive to our inquiries and concerns. They made multiple immediate changes to design flaws we recognized. The system is streamlined and allows for configuration to your organization's needs. The price was extremely competitive. I would entirely recommend Reftab to anyone looking for an asset management system.

Pros: The best thing about this software, and why we original started using it, was its integration with JIRA, our ticketing system. Integration was seamless and gave us great insight into diagnosing issues with specific hardware.

Cons: It's intend use is to check out hardware on a "by user" basis. We have business office managers at our various locations who control and manage all hardware at the location. Since they could not assign hardware to them in the portal, we had to allow each advanced access, which allowed them access to areas we didn't want them to have.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/08
Heather S.
Technician
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/08

"RefTab - an awesome way to keep tabs on your assets."

Comments: I've been using RefTab since day one of its release. It's a an awesome product that every company should be on board with. Allows you to track your inventory easily from any device. It has changed the way I keep inventory. Definitely a worthwhile product for the money!

Pros: Simple, yet appealing UI.

Cons: None.

• Reviewed on 2016/12/08
Jackie P.
Admin Assistant
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/13

"Reftab Input"

Comments: Reftab is good so far, havent had any major issues.

Pros: Keep the Company very organized with the equipment that comes in and out of the office.

Cons: The Asset ID # don't automatically populate.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/13
Mihail L.
IT Network and Systems Administrator
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/19

"Nice Tool to keep your Assets tracked!"

Pros: Thousands of Pro. The most important that it keeps tracking all my assets.

Cons: Differently, I would say that I have Zero CONS.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/19
Kevin S.
Director of Quality Assurance
Utilities, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/24

"High value cloud based asset management solution."

Comments: Reftab has offered an easy to setup cloud based solution for managing company assets that are located in multiple locations all over the world. The product is continuously improving with a responsive sales and support team behind it.

Pros: Cost effective asset management solution with desktop and mobile asset interfaces. Two factor authentication. Highly responsive service/support.

Cons: Would ideally offer some level of interface with Jira Service Desk.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/24
Technologist
Research, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/01

"Great software at a great price. Amazing customer service!"

Comments: Any issues that I came across during evaluation of the software was quickly and extensively answered by the support team. Amazing customer service.

Pros: There is a significant amount of functionality that can be tailored to your specific needs.

Cons: So far so good, at this time any questions or issues I had were resolved.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/01
Jean G.
Technology support specialist
Higher Education, 501-1 000 Employees

"Great tool to have"

Comments: They have an Amazing product.
They always provide great customer service. Its all for an affordable price.

Pros: Ease of use. Secured

Cons: Nothing everything was great.

Robert W.
Associate Director IT
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/26

"Reftab is awesome"

Comments: I needed to find a solution to manage checkout hardware for staff and students. Anything from laptops to slide rulers. I checked into several options. Some free, some where the startup cost was over $5K. When I found Reftab, I was sold right away. It was so easy to get setup and it covered everything I needed. But then, there's the tech support and customer service aspect. Wholly cow, the Reftab team is on it!!! I've run into a few cases where I could use a feature. I submitted my use case and OMG, they developed it and implemented it. Now, if I asked for something that no one would use, mileage could vary, but they respond quickly and really seem to understand my needs as a customer. The product is great, but the support is what really sold me!

Pros: Reftab is really intuitive. I setup my first instance without needing any support and barely glancing at the documentation. I had a fully functioning demo running with assets and testing check in check out in about an hour of signing up for a demo account. The mobile app adds to that intuitive use.

Cons: I wish I could tie printing inventory labels to my Dymo labelwriter and use a label template to print more customized intentory labels right from the Dymo. OK... I haven't asked if that was possible, yet.

Alternatives Considered: WebCheckout and CHEQROOM

Reasons for Choosing Reftab: We had an internally made solution. It was aging and didn't have the features we needed. Getting our internal developer to fix the problems was not going to happen. Priorities shifted and it was time to find another solution.

Reasons for Switching to Reftab: Ease of getting a demo and implementing, no high pressure sales, features, cost, support response time.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/26
Luciën J.
Luciën J.
IT Administrator
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/20

"Reftab Asset Management"

Pros: Reftab is a great package what creates and gives ease of use of asset management. It's structured and clear.

Cons: I'm missing some features such as bulk transfer or bulk assign to user but that's quite it, further it's quite neatly build!

Alternatives Considered: Oomnitza, Freshservice and Device42

by Reftab on 2021/04/22

Hi Lucien, thank you for the review - the ability to bulk assign to a user exists in a couple different places, such as the asset table and the mobile app. Meaning you can assign multiple different assets and peripherals / accessories to users at once.

I think the place you're looking for is within the accessory page. This is easy for us to add and will have it ready for our next release.

Thank you again for your review!

• Reviewed on 2021/04/20
Chris B.
Media Systems Manager
Broadcast Media, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/10

"Flexible and Cost effective asset management"

Comments: Reftab has fast become one of our most relied upon business tools. The reporting features are very impressive and we are looking forward to implementing the self service employee portal soon. Reftab is fast, responsive and for the price, has a huge amount of value added features.

Pros: Reftab is a well priced, and highly customisable solution that has really helped us streamline our Asset Loans across multiple locations and divisions. The system was easy to deploy, and we were able to bulk ingest our asset catalogue via CSV. Once you are up and running, checking items in or out is very simple regardless of whether you are using a scanner or not. Flexible loan periods and auto reminder emails mean that the system supports the needs of not only our Resources team, but also the end users. The Reftab team are extremely responsive with support requests and are very happy to receive feedback.

Cons: No major cons at all. Having some more flexibility to customise confirmation emails based on asset type would be great - but Im sure the Reftab team would help out here if i raised it with them.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/10
Brent C.
Audio Solutions Specialist
Media Production, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/09

"The perfect solution for our rental inventory needs"

Comments: We looked at many software options that cost 10 times that of Reftab and never perfectly fit the bill of our specific needs. Reftab, right off the shelf was a great solution for our application and came in at a considerable lower cost than the other software options that were evaluated.

Pros: Reftab is a powerful tool to manage rental inventory going in and out and being able to identify the status and location of any given at any given time is very helpful in our quick passed application.

Cons: There is not much I am missing in the software. My only feature request in customized reporting has been submitted to the company.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/09
Jeremy L.
IT manager
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/01

"Good user interface, newer inventory management software"

Comments: We are really happy we went with Reftab. Our strategy was to pick a smaller product with more room to grow. I feel Reftab is early in their product lifecycle, and their staff is motivated to grow and add more features. This is the kind of company and product we like to work with.

Pros: Reftab seems like a newer, slightly smaller company product, and it does everything we need it to do. Price is competitive, coming in a little lower than some other products. Reftab doesn't have some of the bloat or feature creep in other more mature inventory management solutions. The support team is very responsive to inquiries, and they even developed some small features we suggested, saying those features made sense for the whole user base. Accurate, intuitive

Cons: The simplicity of the software has lots of pluses if you like simplicity, but it may lack some of the more niche features in the larger, more mature products. On rare occasions it throws an error, but the errors are handled and displayed in the UI in a way which makes sense.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/01
Glen E.
Supervisor
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/18

"Customizable & Versatile!"

Comments: We are realizing greater tool accountability, which is vitally important in the aviation industry.

Pros: This software adapted well to fit our needs in organizing our tool crib. I liked how we could create kits combining any amount of assets and accessories, and create fields to store types of data. Nicely designed.

Cons: Limited with attachments, no photo option for a completed kit.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/18
Jennifer O.
Jennifer O.
Resource Development Director
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/12

"Wow! Great Features, Better Price"

Comments: As a small non profit looking for a way to manage our tech assets, Reftab is a great fit! Customer service has been invaluable, too.

Pros: Ease of use, Customer Support, Help Modules, Pricing Tiers

Cons: I haven't found a single thing that I don't like about this solution!

• Reviewed on 2018/12/12
Robbie D.
Owner/Operator
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/04

"Great service, great support !! Looking forward to our continuous growth with the help of Reftab!!"

Comments: Easy to use! ..and very easy to view items within the mobile app !! It helps me get my assets into an excel sheet from the report builder.

Pros: Easy to use

Ashley F.
Tech Support Specialist Senior
Higher Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/13

"Stellar Customer Support"

Comments: From the trial period to full implementation, we really have had a good experience. This system has vastly reduced the number of individual tasks we used to complete at each checkout and has helped to streamline and improve customer experience. I have reached out on approximately 4-5 occasions with questions and have always had a quick response time, with a solution to my question every time. We are about 4 months into our switch and I am satisfied with the solution for our campus.

Pros: The price of this software is definitely a win. We were previously using multiple home-built applications to fill this need. Moving from a home built to purchased application always comes down to value for the money.
The Customer Support has been prompt, friendly, and efficient. I have reached out a few times and have had near-immediate response times.
New features have become available since implementing this solution. I have seen options that I have inquired about implemented in the last 4 months. Impressive.
The setup and ease of use are paramount. We have a high turn over of student workers utilizing and learning to use this system. They caught on to this application so much faster than the multiple applications we were previously using that the training time has basically paid for the program already!

Cons: I wish the reporting features were as easy to navigate as checkouts are. They do not run in a way that is as intuitive to me. Especially when attempting to refine data into smaller increments. Automatic emails are great, and reduce the amount of individual notifications I need to send, but they could do with a slight improvement. There are terms coded into the auto emails to pull things like due date, asset name, or borrower name but not every email forms have the same terms. When I modified the email template the first time I removed some of those terms, and then could not remember exactly how they were worded to get them back. The support team has been great at quickly responding to emails to and providing fixes for any issues I have reported, but a 'cheat sheet' or about automatic emails section with the terms that can be used would be very useful.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/13
Frank C.
Systems Analyst
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/11

"Ideal tracking software"

Comments: We needed a product to keep track of our inventory of Ipods used by our housekeeping staff. We looked at other products from free to the overly tech heavy software. We just wanted something simple to use and to know when the equipment is in use and by whom. This product really filled our needs. Any questions we have are quickly addressed. We don't use half the features they offer, but if we ever do its nice to know they are there.

Pros: The simplicity of the product in setting up, training staff to use was quick and easy to use.
Tech support is awesome.

Cons: We've been using the product for about 8 months and so far we don't have any complaints.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/11
Roland Z.
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/05

"Most compact asset management tool"

Comments: I reviewed a bunch of asset management tools to use within our company. Reftab is the only one which is smooth to use and reduced to the really needed functionalities. What often is what you need. We decided to use that tool for our needs. There are some tiny points which can be improved like the data import/data export for Loanees and Devices. Some controls are maybe not placed very intuitive but after the first find and use, everything is fine. Overall a nice and good tool! A nice new feature would be to print out not only the QR-Code with a digital number next to it rather the QR-Code, Digital number, Company Name, Device Brand, Device Title and the possibility to format the output (e.g. like another Avery template like the L6011).

Pros: Smooth and reduced to the needed functionality.

Cons: Some controls are hard to find, only in the context of a location or the Import/Export functionality.

• Reviewed on 2017/01/05
Matthew M.
Matthew M.
IT Asset Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/10

"IT Asset Management"

Pros: I like the way it handles asset entities, accessories and licenses. I also like the way it handles asset assignment as loans to loanees.

Cons: There are a few places where how to accomplish certain tasks isn't clearly obvious to the end user resulting in certain features not being noticed as a possibility to the user, but once you learn the interface and what all can be done it's pretty easy to work with.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/10
Tony K.

"So far no problems"

Comments: Used it for new asset purchases of a company and it worked well. Using smartphone I was able to gather data quickly.

Jamie L.
Office Administrator
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/13

"Office Administrator"

Comments: We are using Reftab to help us with inventory and to keep track of our items. So far this has been a great system for us!

Pros: One thing that is very helpful is the scanning feature on the app!

Cons: I wish I could format the Q-R codes a little easier.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/13
Riki W.
Software Administrations Support
Education Management, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/02

"Easy asset management"

Comments: We have been able to move our asset loan system from a very messy shared google calendar system to Reftab, it has reduced individual workload and enabled more independence in making planning choices for asset loans across our organisation. We have also been able to significantly grow the amount of assets that we have available for loan as the management and tracking of the items is a lot more efficient.

Pros: The software makes it extremely easy for multiple users to be able to log in and see what assets are available to be loaned and make reservations for them as required. We were looking for a solution that would allow many users to access the information centrally and this does it beautifully.

Cons: The pre-determined access levels are the most challenging with the software, but we have found ways to work around this. We can't easily set access to specific sections and views, as this is a bit limited. Any issues or improvements we have, we make suggestions to the team at Reftab, and if they think it is beneficial, will roll out the change in an update to accommodate the request.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/02
Dave C.
Teacher
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/18

"Easy to use, flexible, and affordable"

Comments: We are a small public secondary school needing to track photography and video production equipment loans to students. Many of the equipment management solutions on the market are well beyond what we are able to afford. Reftab meets our needs at a comfortable price point, and the response of the developers to feature requests has been second-to-none. I'm really happy to have found Reftab!

Pros: The developers are very helpful and quick to respond to new feature requests. It is reasonably-priced and affordable enough for our public secondary school to use with students. Powerful features wrapped up in an easy-to-use interface.

Cons: Mobile scanning app reads barcodes quickly using the phone camera, but it is cumbersome to check out multiple pieces of equipment to the same user.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/18