• Overall
    4,5 /5

About MailerLite

MailerLite is an email marketing service provider with focus on simplicity, excellent customer support and beautiful email designs.

Learn more about MailerLite

Claudia R.
Business Owner
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/19

"Mailerlite has most of the things I need in one place!"

Comments: It has been great, it saves me a lot of time once you put things in place, would be great if also they offer membership sites so everything is in one place.

Pros: User friendly, most of the things I need for CRM in one place, forms, landing pages list building, pop ups and email automatization very easy to use.

Cons: could have better triggers for mail automatization...like if you like to send a sequence to a specific group. At the moment you can choose, "when someone join this group do the following...." or when someone complete a form, or when subscriber click a link...

• Reviewed on 2020/11/19
Laetitia R.
E-Learning, Self Employed

"Great customer service!"

Pros: Mailerlite is what you would expect from an automation software. When you get your head round it it's fairly easy to use. As a new user of this kind of software I'm finding the training videos very useful and where I haven't been able to find the answer I needed, the customer service team has been brilliant. I got answers in very little time, with clear explanations and screenshots to help me resolve my issues. I would definitely recommend!

Cons: The software isn't always intuitive, in some forms you have to edit your content in the side bar, some others you edit in the body of the form. It gets a bit confusing but once you get your head round it it gets easier. In the free version, you also aren't able to save your brand colours which can make it a bit lengthy when creating something from scratch.

Danielle M.
Director Of Operations
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/10

"Dead easy email marketing for those who need automation"

Comments: I am able to get a new client setup on MailerLite in just a few minutes and have their list going easily. This makes it a great option for new business owners who don't really want a complicated system and who just send casual newsletters.

Pros: This is pretty much the EASIEST email marketing system I've ever used. Yes, even easier than Mailchimp. It's super easy to just setup and go. I love the interface, it's simple and clean.

Cons: I can't think of one thing I dislike about MailerLite. It has everything I need. I guess the fact that it has no fancy bells and whistles which is fine really!

by MailerLite on 2021/02/19

While we love a good ol' fancy bell we also love keeping it simple for all of our community. Thanks for the lovely review Danielle.

It's our pleasure to have you around.

- Lay

Shayne H.
Director of Sales
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/07

"Every Start-Up's Sidekick!"

Comments: I am a Marketing Specialist by profession and software/tools like this make my job so much easier, for which I am very grateful! I recently stumbled upon MailerLite when I was building my E-Commerce website. Previously, I used to use MailChimp (Also a great tool and I currently use it only at work). Mailerlite seamlessly integrated with my Shopify Store and gave me so much power over my marketing strategies. In my opinion, it's the best E-mail Automation tool out there, with much more options and customizations that can help you craft powerful newsletters, landing pages, etc.

Pros: 1) Highly Optimized And Responsive: MailerLite helps me to design and create newsletters that look amazing on desktops, tablets, and mobiles. 2) Design Capabilities: It's safe to say that the design capabilities that MailerLite gives you are far better than any other similar product in its segment. What I mean to say is, the "little things" that MailerLite allows you to do can add significant value to the way you market! For example, there are a number of templates that can enable you to have "buttons" attached to an image (Perfect CTA's by the way). Also, there are several heading options for my newsletters where I can have my company name and logo or either one at the beginning of them. These, of course, are just a few examples I could think of straight off the bat. 3) Easy Integration: Connection my domain with MailerLite was a lot easier than I expected - with a swift and seamless integration process. 4) No Learning Curve Required: MailerLite is incredibly simple to use and it won't take you long to get the hang of it. 5) Affordability: The title of my review says it all! MailerLite is a blessing for startups on a budget who don't have money to throw around. There are 5 different pricing models that include one "freemium" version as well. However, if you are using it for business purposes, I suggest you use their starter plan that will unlock all features and allow you to send unlimited emails. Remember, looking professional is key!

Cons: 1) Slightly Laggy: MailerLite can occasionally become laggy and starts freezing when you import a lot of contacts. Now, I don't really know if this is due to my hardware set up (which is quite recent), but I've asked around and I've gotten mixed opinions about this. 2) Customization Options: It would be really great if MailerLite introduces some more Landing Page customization options in the near future. Whatever be the case, it's still the best E-mail Automation software, in my opinion.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/07
Austin A.
Freelancer
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/22

"Great Mailing System - Highly Recommend"

Comments: Mailerlite was my first choice originally because they have a free limit. Most other services require monthly payments right from the start, so my expectations were low. However, I've been using them for my website and I have nothing to say BUT AWESOME! There interface is clean. The ability to integrate the different services directly into the website (popups, pop unders, direct mailing software) is simply the best. I've used a few different ones prior to mailerlite (just the trials), and all of them were more complicated. Only one negative: If you're a time-sensitive person, the website can be slow. You have to go through a bunch of buttons to change the format of all of your popups and such. However, it gives you amazing control over everything so the wait is well worth it in my opinion. As for the mailing lists, they are super simple to use and keep track of. It's easy to design each mail to your specification, and even select time-sensitive ones (one email a week after they sign up originally, for example). So it makes it easy to just setup one-time and not really worry about it except for your own personal emails you send sporadically for the mailing list. For example, I have mine setup to send an intro email, followup email the next day, then a list of best articles one week after initial signup. It does all this automatically so I don't have too. And i've tested it - it works great. It also looks fantastic when you put the work in. You can view my popup and my sidebar mailing opt-in form here: www.hiddendominion.com/ As you can/could see - it's super sleek and can be negotiated to match anything to your design. In short, highly recommend. If you're looking for a place to start - don't even think about other options. Stick with mailerlite. You won't regret it!

Pros: Easy to use
Great customer support
Tons of options
Easy to manage mailing list
Ability to setup intermittent emails

Cons: Slow to load the designing tables

by MailerLite on 2017/04/05

Austin, thank for the review and the comment about the pop-ups. We will certainly make them more visible.

• Reviewed on 2017/03/22
Britt M.
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/07

"MailerLite could be good, but...."

Comments: I use MailerLite for an author pen name. That pen name writes clean and wholesome romance, and my list consists of 46 people who opted in to get a free short story. Once a week I send an email to my list to tell them about my books. I noticed that instead of going out to 46, my emails only went out to 32. I checked, and there were no bounces. So I contacted support to ask about this gap. After a week or so, I was asked to make a video of it (even though it should be visible from their end), which I did. A week or so later again, they came back and told me that I had spam traps on my list, that my bounces were too high and I should check their spam policies, and that I was at a risk of having my account suspended. That in spite of their own system saying that I had no bounces and that I definitely not are sending out spam. I lost all trust in the service after this email, and I won't continue using them in the future. Neither will I continue to recommend others that they use them.

Pros: You can't beat free if the product is good, and for that price MailerLite is perfect for small list owners. You can have up to 500 free subscribers, and after that, the price is reasonable. MailerLite has a reputation for good deliverability. Even the free version offers segmenting and other advanced stuff.

Cons: The user interface isn't very intuitive, and things like finding the field to add a name seems clumsy to me. I have a friend who's blind, and he's struggling with the software. I've often had to log into his account to help him with tasks, because the product isn't optimized for visual impaired users. Support is slow to answer questions. And at least at one point straight out threatening. I'll get back to that in the description below.

by MailerLite on 2020/07/21

Hi Britt,

Thank you for your review. I've been investigating your case and on our system, last time you had a chat with our Customer Support dates back to 2 years ago.

Could you please send the screenshots of the conversation you described to [email protected]? I'd like to investigate more and help you as much as I can.

All the best,

Irene

• Reviewed on 2020/07/07
Tacho T.
Driving Instructor
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/19

"Mailer Lite for Landing pages"

Comments: This is my second year using the software and I am fall in love with it. MailerLite is all in one tool - landind pages, web sites, and email marketing. All this on reasonable price.

Pros: I use Mailer Lite for creating landing pages. With these landing pages, I collect emails for my e-lessons for the diving courses. It is a great option because I had been set automation emails, Facebook pixel and the ROI of my ads is higher than 5.

Cons: The intregration with Stripe is great option, but I would like to have an option for PayPal integration also.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/19
Kenda M.
Natural Health Coach and Consultant
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/22

"Great ESP!"

Comments: Easy to use, all the features I need.

Pros: Seems to have all the functionality of other popular email service providers.

Cons: I'm unsure my emails are going to people's inboxes.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/22
Caitriona M.
Blogger
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/18

"Beginner Friendly Email Marketing Tool"

Comments: Mailerlite is an amazing option for new bloggers and businesses. The interface is easy to use, and the stellar customer support replies quickly to all concerns. You can create subscriber groups, automation, landing pages, and awesome emails.

Pros: Mailerlite is very suitable for bloggers like me, who maybe don't have many subscribers yet, or a huge audience to sell to. On the paid plan, I've always found the staff at Mailerlite very supportive, and even on the free plan, they've got back to me quite quickly via email. Mailerlite is great for setting up automated emails, and I rarely have problems with it. It's definitely one of the best out there for email marketing.

Cons: I am obsessed with site speed, and I found that Mailerlite signup forms slowed down my site too much, so I found some alternative newsletter plugins that integrate with Mailerlite's email system. I only use Mailerlite's landing pages to grab emails. Another problem I've found is that if I set up a new signup form and automation, my company details don't automatically populate, and I have to refresh the email subscriber form. It's just a minor thing but can still be a little frustrating.

by MailerLite on 2021/02/24

Minor things are still very important for us to know, so thank you for giving us this feedback. We will definitely write this down. TPR teaching sounds also very interesting Caitriona!. Didn't really know there was a term for this - feel always free to share more with us!

- Lay

• Reviewed on 2021/02/18
Unique H.
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/16

"Best Option for Small businesses"

Comments: My overall experience has been great with Mailerlite

Pros: It's easy to use and create my newsletters. You can also embed landing pages and sign up forms on your website.

Cons: I do wish that the free plan offered more features and a higher subscriber rate. I understand that I'll have to upgrade soon.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/16
Manuel M.
Head of MArketing
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/18

"Recommended if Lead-Scoring is not required"

Pros: - Easy to set up
- Fast and responsive user interface
- Great support
- Integrations
- Import&Export

Cons: - "CRM" is limited
- No Sales Funnel
- No Lead Scoring

by MailerLite on 2021/01/27

Hi Manuel,

Thank you for being part of our community. I also appreciate your feedback on our CRM features.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/18
George O.
Marketing
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/27

"Great and Simple Email marketing platform with all the features you'll ever need"

Comments: Increased my list count and user subscription properly segmented users and increased customer response with easy to use email designer.

Pros: I like the simplicity of the user dashboard and the practicality of its flow. The reporting is awesome the A/B split testing is thorough and simple to include in any campaign and covering the subject line, email content, etc...
Automation and workflow features, although very advanced are practical and powerful.
The forms contain all you need, from pop-up forms, landing page forms, etc..all with settings that go from click to pop-up, exit intent, time-on-site, and many other event triggers.

Cons: There's nothing I don't like about MailerLite, if anything I would like to see full-featured landing page builder being added and remarketing/retargeting capability to the lists on the account, but that would probably mean a different use of the platform. MailerLite is great as is.

Karen H.
WordPress Consultant & Developer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/01

"One of my top recommended email providers"

Comments: Overall, my experience with Mailerlite has been good. I like the variety of features they have from popups to landing pages, etc. They seem to be a pretty good team that thinks about new releases before dropping every new feature which is good.

Pros: Mailerlite was one of the first newsletter programs I used after considering another super popular platform. I wasn't ready for heavy integrations as I was still growing my list. So it was perfect for me to get started with, since then I have been a continued user. There have also been some updates they have made to the software since I first started using it years ago and I think they are great. I can't wait for more amazing updates.

Cons: With the new updates sometimes the servers are slower so you have to be a bit patient. I wish there was more ability to customize forms and newsletter content with custom fonts etc. If there are I haven't figured that part out quite yet. Also, I would love to see better ways to segment or tag subscribers.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/01
Gareth R.
Legal Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/04

"Good value for money"

Comments: This helps us really communicate with our customers in a cost-effective way. It's easy to use and gets the job done.

Pros: Lots of features for a modest price. Unlimited emails are great for an ecom business like ours, and the automation is essential for us (it's the main reason we switched from HubSpot, which cost literally 10x more to include automation)

Cons: Still lacks some expected functionality and reports features. You can't capture a huge amount of data about subscribers and doing time-series analysis on your data is hard.

by The Remote Company on 2020/12/09

Hey Gareth, glad to hear from you and your feedback. Feel free to let us know more about the report features you find lacking. We're always open to understand our community's needs.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/04
Ecommerce Growth Marketer
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/27

"Great product with an even better customer support team"

Pros: The emailing capabilities are great, everything just works. The team keeps adding improvements and new features to the product (in the time we've been using MailerLite, they added automation, improved segmentation, lots of new integrations and so on). The product is in active development which is great. Whenever something went wrong, customer support has managed so solve it quickly. Overall, MailerLite is great value for money and I'd recommend it for small-to-middle sized marketers.

Cons: It's not ideal for an e-commerce business.
Also, as your mailing list grows, some of the segmentation features become a bit limited (but then again, we're using MailerLite in online retail so these drawbacks are mostly related to that).

Michelle H.
Webmaster
Online Media, Self Employed

"LOVE LOVE LOVE"

Comments: Affordable, easy to use, added value with landing pages/popups

Pros: I have used MANY services and Mailerlite is hands down the best. That is the truth and I am in no way incentivized for this review. It is affordable, especially when your list gets pretty large. It is easy to use and you can create exactly the email you want very quickly. They let you customize your opt in/opt out pages and it's easy to do. Another super cool feature is they let you make pop ups/ embedded forms, and even landing pages! That is stuff others don't offer or even charge more for.

Cons: I really do not have any complaints. There are a couple times I thought of going to a self hosted mailing list, but mailerlite is so perfect for me I don't want to leave.

Jovanhanna T.
Spiritual Love Coach ' Healer
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/09

"The best email platform and it has landing pages!"

Pros: Super easy to use from the start. There is zero coding needed to create landing pages and beautiful email newsletters. Their free account offers automation and many of the same advantages as the paid accounts. Mailerlite is constantly improving and adding new features. Ive been using them for about 3 years now and absolutely love it and recommend it to anyone looking for an email solution.

Cons: Its not able to integrate with other plugins that are specific to the theme I use on my website. There are workarounds, but it would be nice if I could have that functionality.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/09
Angélica C.
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/07

"Best thing since MailChimp"

Pros: They have a really nice price and features. Every month they roll out a new feature that puts them closer to the big player, aka mailchimp.
They keep improving and launching new feature and the price has been the same since forever. Completely honest and amazing support.
They cut my email marketing cost in half and kept most of the important features I was looking for.

Cons: I would like to see more payment options (paypal) and more personalization tools. Also, every upgrade requires an approval from the support team and it can take time.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/07
Robert S.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2014/09/02

"take care with mailerlite"

Comments: Take care with mailerlite, they want to pay them in advance and after 3 ,4 month they change the rule. I work with them i pay them 1000 $ in advance and after 4 months my email campaign do not go into clinet inbox. i have every month problem with them: in one month do not work unsubscribe system, in one month do not split correct in groups and in the last period they do not deliver email to inbox. i create different email address n different public email services and i put in the list o and the email do not arrive in inbox (they change the algorithm, because in first 2-3 month do not have this problem). based on that after 5 months i told them that i do not want to use their service and i want money back for the period that i do not use it, and they told me that they do not refund money (when i discuss with them before to pay them they told me that they will give me money back if i do not not have spam more than 0,1%, if they do not block my account and other rules and i respect all that rules). They consider 100.000 emails plan only unique email, so if you add email and people unsubscribe you cannot add other subscribers ,so in few months you pay for 100.000 subscribers and will have only 85.000, but you pay all year for 100.000. they change the rule after i pay, after 2, 3 months.
I use this kind of service for long time but mailer lite is the worst and unprofessional service that i use. If you want to work with them be careful with them because it is not trustful. They take you money and after 6 month, this is my case, they will told you "we re sorry that you are not satisfy by our service but we will not refund your money". If you choose them you will loose money, so choose carefully.

Pros: small price

Cons: a lot of problems with the platform, they change the rule after some time, they are not trustful

by MailerLite on 2014/09/18

Thanks for your comment. I would like to note that deliverability depends not only on our servers, but on client's domain reputation, newsletter and it's content etc. So we always react to all requests and try to solve all problems together with our client. As for the refunds - it's correct, we do not provide refunds, especially when client was using the system and sent a big number of newsletters via us. And you've misunderstood something, because we could not tell such thing as " they will give me money back if i do not not have spam more than 0,1%, if they do not block my account and other rules and i respect all that rules". The last thing regarding the plans: we count subscriber to your plan's limit when the first newsletter is sent to that email address. We allow 100% unlimited newsletters sending so it's fair enough that we have limits for unique subscribers used during the billing period. All in all, problems can always be solved together if both sides are interested in this.

• Reviewed on 2014/09/02
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/20

"Friendly Outside, Harmful Inside"

Comments: This company has not characteristics of an International company.
Don't put your eggs on their basket. Avoid mailerlite!

Pros: When you start everything is friendly and welcoming, but anticipate unpredictable and contrary to agreement behaviour.

Cons: After two years of working as a loyal client and putting all of my company eggs in mailerlite basket, exactly after a week I paid them for the third year subscription, they shocked me with stopping my account. No description, No evidence!
I had developed all of my company email marketing solutions on mailerlite. My lists, contents, forms, graphics, staff training and much more had established based on them. The reason was clear, they have good interface and reasonable price.
But one day I noticed that they have closed my account while I had renewed my account a week before for one year. No reason, No refund!
I contacted their support and asked them for the reason many times. No reason except manager decision! I continued contacting with support, but after all they closed the doors of online chat to me, the only way of connecting them.
I tried to find their headquarters and discuss them the situation, again no address or contacting way to headquarters.
After more than one month, I am yet confused with their behaviour.
Thanks Capterra, I noticed that there are many people with same experience. And again thanks Capterra, after all I could satisfy myself with putting a review here and elsewhere in the world! I never forgive this company for its non-professional behaviour and will continue preventing people using mailerlite service wherever and whenever I can. Avoid mailerlite! One day they will ruin your developments and grab your money!

• Reviewed on 2018/12/20
Garrett D.
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/30

"The Best Mailing Service I've Tried"

Pros: The price, which is much more reasonable & affordable for me than MailChimp (which is why I initially switched from MailChimp to MailerLite). I also like the features, which I think are state-of-the-art, at least for my needs. The customer service is also great, and they're always trying to better their product, which I appreciate.

Cons: I honestly don't have any criticisms to make, not even constructive ones. Though it's reasonably priced, I suppose it could be a little less expensive (as could most everything these days), but that's about it.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/30
Raitis G.
Performance Marketer
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/31

"Sign up and send"

Comments: Hands down the best customer support I've received in all of 2019. You can reach out via email or live chat and they even respond when you leave a comment on a help article to help you solve everything. And the people answering are actually knowledgeable in the product. They work to understand your problem and needs and offer a solution that does it (if one exists).

Pros: Their support is outstanding. Software wise - you get all of the features a typical email marketer wants. There are no absurd pricing tiers where the one feature you need is bundled in the most expensive tier.

Cons: The drag and drop builder could allow for more customization of elements, but I understand that it's not an easy thing to develop.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/31
Author
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/03

"A nice option for authors to use to distribute their newsletters."

Comments: Overall, the price is reasonable for the service provided. The staff are always easy to reach via their chat desk, and the functionality of the software continues to be developed.

Pros: I use this product to send my readers a newsletter from me. The software allows me to have an automation set up, as well as landing pages which I find incredibly helpful.

Cons: The open rate on the newsletter is lower than it should be, a problem due to Mailerlite's servers getting blacklisted from time to time. It's rather frustrating when that happens.

by MailerLite on 2019/12/12

Hello,

Open rates can depend on many different factors and each case should be investigated separately.

If you could please email us at [email protected], we can look into this.

Thank you!

• Reviewed on 2019/12/03
Paco C.
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/29

"Unbeatable"

Comments: The user experience of this software is just superb. We totally connect with the philosphy of this company and the attention to the detail, the perfection, but at the same time, making things in a clean, elegant and beautiful way. What else can I say? Thanks.

Pros: The service, the functionality, the ease of use... it is just simply stunning. Even for non technical people, setting up complex mailing capabilities in a company, is extremely easy

Cons: I haven't found yet any corner of this sofware that could be improved. Even the free plan is SO awesome... only thing we can do is to congratulate the MaileLite Team.

by MailerLite on 2020/07/02

Paco, thank you for the "unbeatable" 5-star review. We're so happy that you found MailerLite to be a good fit for your company. After all, we're here to help your business grow!

Irene

P.S. The handcrafted guitars on your website are truly beautiful.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/29