Pingboard Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About Pingboard

Pingboard is an org chart with superpowers. It is the place for everything you need to know about the people you work with.

Learn more about Pingboard

Juan G.
Juan G.
Director of Applied Technologies
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/04

"Friendly and easy to use web app for personnel management and hierarchy"

Comments: The key benefit for me is to understand who is available on a given day or week, so I can plan activities accordingly.

Pros: The software is very user friendly and intuitive. It is great for finding out who is out of the office and the reasons (vacation, travel). As a project manager is very helpful when managing resources from cross-functional teams, as the functional managers do not always communicate approved vacation. This tools allows for complete visibility.

Cons: The only thing I found difficult in the beginning is reporting one's status. If you need to report out of office, one needs to go to the out of office section and then it will allow you to provide new status.

Governance, Risk & Compliance Administrator
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/06

"Where has this software been all my life?"

Comments: This has made our organization so scalable and has allowed everyone to stay communicated. We've integrated Pingboard into every process- declaring sick days, determining head counts for lunch, leveraging the "Out of Office" feature to inform and auto-update calendars.
If you get a chance, use the phone app to play the faces game. A VERY fun way to get folks engaged and learn new faces.
The basic info on the profile also serves as our source of truth for t-shirt sizes, etc. All around a great tool.

Pros: EVERYTHING- in today's world of dynamic and nomadic workforces this tool is incredibly easy to communicate new faces, location statuses, and act as a central repository for where our largely remote workforce happens to be that day.
It also ends up being a great way to explain a re-org of teams (happening often when you're growing fast!), since you can graphically see the new table of organization and who reports to who.

Cons: The desktop version is not as slick as the mobile application. Other than that, the program is very flexible and can be easily integrated with other products.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/06
Will W.
Head of IT
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/31

"Solid Directory, Org Chart, and Out of Office System"

Comments: Overall works great - we have it fully automated as Okta is pushing any changes in real time over. A couple of added features would make this perfect

Pros: Easily to deploy if you use an IdP such as Okta. This made populating data and rolling out to our end users a breeze. Easy to use, mobile phone game is loved in our company, and overall is a must-have app for our company.

Cons: Some critical features for us are missing with no progress or updates on them since we rolled Pingboard out over a year ago. More flexibility and customizability are needed but there haven't been a ton of new updates. Also got rid of their TV app to showcase your company on digital signage which I think is a must for an app like Pingboard.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/31
Lauren C.
Family and Community Services Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/04

"Helping Connect my Organization"

Pros: I like how easy it is to use. I can use it on my computer or on my phone, and I appreciate that I can have a colleague's contact information readily at my fingertips if I need to get a hold of them. I also like that there are pictures for each employee, I am a visual learner so it helps me match faces to a name. There are a lot of employees at my organization, so that feature is helpful.

Cons: There are some features that are easier to use/access on the computer than on the phone app. It would be nice if they were more similar, but I do understand that a phone cannot view all the things a computer has the capability of doing.

Jonathan A.
Head of People
Consumer Electronics, 51-200 Employees

"Returning user"

Comments: Customer Service is awesome, some of the best I've worked with. I wish the SW also prompted people in email to upload their picture and complete their profile so I don't have to nag them.

Pros: Autoloads new hires into Pingboard and the "who's new" email including anniversaries each Monday.

Cons: We cannot load our Holiday calendar into the SW and I wish I could view a specific department at a time in the org chart

Amanda H.
Executive Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/14

"Great Software! Additional Functionality would be benificial for custoemers"

Comments: It's been super helpful, but a could of the cons I described above would bring it to next level.

Pros: I'm a pingboard admin, it's helpful to see people's personal preferences when putting together something person (an anniversary or thank you gift for example). It's also helpful to track where co-workers are and quickly see their contact info.

Cons: As an Executive Assistant who supports 2 Executives, and has a separate Manager-- it would be helpful if my notifications for time off went to all three of them. Separately, the Executive I support has asked me to log his time off in pingboard for him, but I can't because you need to sign on through Google. If we were able to sign in with just a username and password I could sign in for him and do it.

Lauren C.
EA
Capital Markets, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/14

"Great for growing teams"

Comments: More helpful than expected to have a visual rep

Pros: Color coding is helpful
Search/ autofill is accurate
Love that it's expandable or can hide what you don't need

Cons: When you have a lot of departments the tree gets so wide and doesn't fit on the page. Should have a different orientation option so it could flow sideways

Business Intelligence Analyst
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/06

"Pingboard evolution"

Pros: After using Pingboard for more than 2 years, I am impressed by the constant improvements, especially the org chart that was very laggy and buggy in the beginning and the Slack integration that was chosen by the community.

Cons: As I said before, the org char feature was very laggy in the beggining.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/06
Matt K.
Matt K.
Product Manager
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/18

"The smoothest org management software for startups"

Pros: - Intuitive workflows
- Slack integration for OOO info
- Democratization of company information

Cons: - Needs better mobile experience
- Not great for bigger companies as the software is in the mantra of "employees tells employers their intention (e.g. in regards to time off)", not the other way around

• Reviewed on 2019/04/18
Lauren E.
Office Assistant
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/14

"Good experience so far!"

Pros: I love that we are able to keep track of our employees and the information we need to care for them well. If employees use the features, we are actually able to see who is in the office, work anniversaries, birthdays, etc. - it's great! I also appreciate the Org. Chart feature as well, as this is how we visualize the structure of our company, and it is easy to edit.

Cons: I wish there were even more reports that could be run to see who is sick, working from home, on vacation, etc. and how often they are doing this. But overall, I love the software.

Patrick C.
Software Developer

"Pingboard Review"

Pros: I use pingboard mostly to get alerted about out of office time and to retrieve my coworkers calenders.

Cons: The only thing I don't like is weekend vacation time. If people take a friday and a monday off, it makes it appear like they took four days off.

Sr. Manager, Engagement Management
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1 000 Employees

"Pingboard Org Charts"

Pros: I use Pingboard on almost a daily basis to understand team structures and where new hires sit. I like the new feature where you can break out individual departments and download the org chart to easily add to a presentation. Our company doesn't use the Teams tab, but this would be valuable. I like seeing the structure broken down by Location.

Cons: It's not always easy to zoom in/out. When trying to do so, a click brings up someone's picture when that's not what I'm trying to actually do. I wish you could break down into mini orgs more easily.

Erik C.
Eng Manager
Insurance, 51-200 Employees

"pingboard is great"

Pros: org chart and status screens are very intuitive. app is good.

Cons: SAML authentication session times me out too quickly for my taste (I don't use it on a shared computer) but it's a minor quibble and not an actual issue with pingboard itself

Customer Success Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/20

"Excellent Product"

Comments: We use this for an org chart, company directory and out of office calendar. It is very helpful to keep track of everything.

Pros: Very easy to use and the ability to integrate with other products

Cons: I am very happy using this product and have nothing negative to say

• Reviewed on 2018/11/20
Partner

"Love the org chart"

Pros: The people planning features are awesome! It helped me plan and test different org structures before rolling out any updates.

Cons: It would be great if we can make some fields visible to the managers in the tree.

Stu S.
Stu S.
Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/27

"Great for visibility into schedules"

Comments: I've worked at two companies that use Pingboard and think it's fantastic overall.

Pros: It's great to have an at a glance look at who will be working on a given week. Pingboard gives us better awareness than Google Calendar can, so we can plan accordingly.

Cons: There are some weird, nuanced bugs. It's easy to accidentally place yourself on OOO for today with no way to edit it since it's considered the 'past'. It would also be great if Pingboard interacted with Slack. I've often wished my status in Pingboard could be reflected in Slack to make things more smooth an automated.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/27
Isaac A.
Isaac A.
Sr. People Operations Manager
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/10

"Easy Calendar"

Pros: I like the integration with Google Calendar. It assist all the co-workers with knowing who is in/out of office, and Org Chart.

Cons: I don't have any cons for the past 4 years I have been using it.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/10
Elena S.
Product Support Manager
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees

"Pingboard Easy to Use"

Pros: It is easy to use, very informative for people management and time off tracking. It integrates with Google.

Cons: It would be nice to have the ability to customize individual dashboards.

Customer Experience Associate

"Pingboard is great!"

Pros: I love how you can see different views of people that you work with. For example, you can see them all laid out by alphabetical order or you can see an org chart and see how all of the teams are structured. I also love the match a face to a name flashcard functionality. It's great for learning names!

Cons: I didn't like how they took away the flashcard name feature from the desktop version. It's only on mobile now and that's not really convenient because I like to do all of my work related tasks on my laptop.

Senior Project Manager/Analyst
Veterinary, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/16

"Easy to Use - Great Way to Connect to my Company"

Comments: Working for a fast growing company it can be hard to keep up with all of our new hires. Ping board makes it easy to see our expanding work force and stay connected to our different internal teams.

Pros: The ease of use, accessibility to org chart, and seeing how our company is evolving

Cons: Sometimes too much information sent out on the calendar feature.

Jared G.
Account Executive
Logistics & Supply Chain, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/14

"Pingboard Review"

Comments: Overall, I would say this program has been a big help in the office. It shows who is out, when people have birthdays and anniversaries, and who works on which teams. All vital to having a connected office.

Pros: It is very helpful in the workplace for figuring out who is on what team. It shows who everyone works with and is helpful when looking to see if they are in the office or not.

Cons: It is difficult to change your picture without admin approval but other than that all the features are helpful.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/14
Kelli W.
Facliites coordinator
Facilities Services, 201-500 Employees

"Great to use"

Pros: I like that our company can easily go find someone's information also i like the fact when I'm moving around in the building someone can ping me if i am far away on my cell phone.

Cons: Its nothing i dont like about it. I was able to lock items down I didnt no one changing once i added them.

Tyler H.
Tyler H.
Creative Accounting Specialist
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/30

"Great Facebook for Business!"

Comments: Its been great!

Pros: The birthdays and work anniversaries home screen!

Cons: Incomplete profiles and ways to post videos not just pics

Cyndi L.
Executive Assistant
Executive Office, 201-500 Employees

"Great for Communication"

Pros: We have several companies within our umbrella and this program helps us find the correct person/location/department for whatever our need is. It's impossible to know every employee and this helps with facial recognition. I love that it introduces our new employees, lets us know who is out of the office, and who is having an anniversary or birthday. It can be a great tool if everyone utilizes it!

Cons: I'm not sure if I've utilized all of it's functions and it may have capabilities that I'm unaware of, but I would love if it was more compatible with google mail instead of automatically trying to connect via Microsoft Outlook. Our company uses google docs and gmail and I can't click the email links to send a quick happy birthday or anniversary.

Elaine maria T.
Accounting Manager
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

"Pingboard"

Comments: We use the softare frequently and my overall experience is very good.

Pros: Easy way to find the right people in each area that you need a contact.

Cons: It should have an option to generate/extract the information in a separate report (for example: Excel File, Word, Powerpoint, etc).