• Overall

About BirdDogHR

Easy-to-use talent management software integrates recruiting and applicant tracking, onboarding, performance, learning and succession.

Learn more about BirdDogHR

Bridget R.
Human Resource and Recruitment Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/09

"I have had a very positive experience, and always have all question and concerns handled quickly."

Comments: This software greatly improved the efficiency of our Recruitment and Onboarding processes, allowed a more universal experience among our multiple divisions. Improved organization, follow through and communication between candidates and hiring managers.

Pros: Ease of use, ability to format and customize for my specific needs, outstanding customer support and constant updates based on customer feedback.

Cons: I don't have any true complaints. A few processes feel a bit cumbersome and could be made more streamlined. I would like to see an app rolled out in the near future, as it is not always the easiest to do tasks within the system from a mobile device.

Tina S.
Sr. Recruiter
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/14

"Applicant tracking system that saves time & money!"

Comments: Great overall system. Meets all of the Government contracting requirements. BirdDog actually pushes out updates to ensure we are compliant. Great people, great product.
Customizable system is great, and allows us to use their system in different ways than initially intended.

Pros: The Customer Service at BirdDog is truly second to none. Customer Service reps are knowledgeable, friendly, and will help with whatever your needs are. They even will make enhancement recommendations on your behalf. While we were implementing the system, I made suggestions for things I wanted to see in the system as future enhancements. They implemented them very quickly! They actually ask for feedback and are always looking to improve their product. While the product isn't perfect, a company who is interested in fine tuning and keeping the customer happy is a welcome change. (We recently left a much bigger, much more expensive product that never quite worked right, and there was no desire to help us fix it.)

Cons: There very little documentation, because of how customizable the system is, however, Customer Service will gladly walk you through any issues.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/14
Anne P.
HR Generalist
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/07

"Keep Looking for a Better Solution"

Comments: Look at other options. There are so many out there, many that are more integrated with an HRMS and that have responsive customer service. Consider your candidate experience as well and you'll find a better solution.

Pros: *It's geared to my industry (Construction).
*It's also used by several others in my industry which can help people in our industry find postings for open jobs.
*They also manage some of the free boards that are specific to the construction industry.
*The system does make it easy for multiple people to be informed when an application is completed.

Cons: *The user experience leaves a great deal to be desired. Both for applicants and recruiters. When I used this system, I often wondered how many people abandoned the application mid-way through the process. (I was hired using this system and I was certainly not impressed by the ATS.)
*The system is not very intuitive.
*The system tries to rate candidates for you but we found the criteria used to be very poor. The 5-star applicants were often very poor candidates and the low scoring candidates were often a better fit.
*Emails informing you of new applications are sent only once per day rather than as they happen.
*When there were concerns, customer service rarely had solutions. They are not terribly responsive (except in the last few days before your contract is up for renewal).

by Ann on 2017/11/08

As a former customer we will take your feedback and perceptions under careful consideration. These concerns are very easily addressed and resolved by open communication with customer care and configuration changes to the system. We feel we endeavored to help you and meet your needs.

We appreciated our multi-year business relationship with Story Construction.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/07
David L.
HR Generalist / Staffing Specialist
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/15

"pretty easy to navigate and use."

Pros: I like the ease of the system, structure and use of the options. The options to run reports are great, the capabilities this software has to accommodate working with the construction industry is very helpful and convenient.

Cons: There has been some issues with returning back to the same page and at same state with back arrow option.. it appears everything is lost and you have to start you progress all over.. from setting up a search list or even just opening up a job list and specific employee, once you hit that back arrow you return back to the starting your process over again. ugh I also would like see the option to share applications with other entities within our company.

by BirdDogHR on 2018/01/19

We appreciate your input. We strive to make the best product available and will certainly send this along to product management.

Debby P.
Executive Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/12

"Using BirdDogHR as our primary ATS resource has saved us time and money!"

Pros: It's easy to navigate throughout the site and it's well organized. The tools are very useful and user friendly.

Cons: We've had a problem with applicants that apply through Indeed Mobile; their resumes and attachments are not always coming through. If it wasn't a known fact, then some applicants would be overlooked because they "didn't" attach their resume. However, I contact each applicant that has experience for the position they're applying for and ask them to email it to me. Then, once I get their email, I upload it for them. Doing this takes too much time; I've reported it to our account managers and they tell me its a Indeed thing.

by BirdDogHR on 2018/01/19

Thanks for your comments. As you mentioned this is an "Indeed thing" so unfortunately we don't have control over it but we will continue to work with Indeed to get a resolution.

Allie B.
Construction, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Good and basic"

Pros: Once the decision was made to purchase the ATS module we were up and running very quickly. Our contact helped set up our first job posting and walked us through various options--customer support was great. They still check in to see how we are doing and what they can do for us. Our job postings look neat and professional. Links all worked perfectly .

Cons: Would like more flexibility for our landing page for ATS. Some choices in layout or background and imbedded links or photographs or video. I'm not sure how effective the upgrades for various job boards is for us. Posting with colleges through Handshake would be nice.
A little less clicking would be nice.

Samuel G.
Director of Recruitment
Oil & Energy, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/14

"BirdDogHR - Total package ATS "

Comments: Allowed our organization to provide front line management with acces to review candidates on daily basis.

Pros: Ability for front line managers to have access and view candidates that apply.
Built in Social Media sharing capability with one stop show to spread the word that our company is hiring.

Cons: some managers don't have time to filter thru the candidates on a daily basis and requires HR/recruiters to do the heavy lifting in filtering for experienced candidates.

by BirdDogHR on 2018/01/19

Thanks for your comments. We have functionality that may be able to help you with this. Your account manager will reach out to discuss it with you.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/14
Carolina D.
Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/21

"Effective organization to potential and contracted employees."

Comments: With this system I have automated every step of the life cycle of employees with the ease of which is an integrated, cloud-based system.

Pros: What I like about BirdDogHR is offering me a variety of features and services to streamline the tracking of applicants and monitoring performance, and foster collaboration and participation of employees.

Cons: The downside of this software is that it does not include the module where you can plan an employee compensation.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/21
Sheila B.
Recruiter
Mental Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/09

"BirdDog's sales, training and customer service are top-notch; "

Pros: The software has made marketing our agency much more effective from a recruiting perspective. The experience of the recruiter, hiring managers and most importantly, the candidates, has been extremely satisfactory.

Cons: I'd like to see more flexibility and robustness in the reporting functionality of the software. The out-of-the box reports aren't that useful for my needs and I'd like to be able to customize reports without having to download to Excel and manipulate data in that way.

by BirdDogHR on 2018/01/19

Thanks for your comments. We have forwarded them to the product management team to review as they are looking at the roadmap.

Diane T.
Human Resources Assistant
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/08

"Ease of Use"

Comments: The ease and speed of this process has been a great assett to our department!

Pros: This software is super easy to navigate through and out applicants can complete the onboarding process in 15 minutes!

Cons: One thing that doesn't coincide with our company is that applicants are allowed to use percentages in their direct deposit and our company only uses dollar amounts.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/08
Recruiting and Talent Acquisition Specialist
Oil & Energy, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/09

"After a little over 1 year, we have noticeable improvements in our Recruiting efforts & management"

Pros: We are a uniquely diverse company (multiple business lines) from a business and industry standpoint. My role requires a constant change of focus when discussing employment and manpower from one industry/business to another. I have been able to create accounts for individual business lines to streamline communication, advertising, and process management for each company's recruiting and onboarding efforts.

Cons: The internal database search could be stronger. A keyword or Boolean search would be an amazing integration. Currently, you need to tag an applicant immediately with key identifiers (ie. Department name, position title, etc) or else they can easily be lost within shuffle of thousands of applicants.

Erin B.
Recruiter
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/23

"Great system to use for basic HRIS functions"

Comments: I've never used BirdDog HR until my company decided to try it out. Initially, it was hard for me to adapt. I was able to get in contact with a team member and after receiving training on the systems capabilities and options, it had a lot offer and was pleased.

Pros: It is easy to understand how the system works.

Cons: System is slow and times out quickly. I don't like how when I want to filter through, I don't have the option to filter open, closed or all requisitions.

by Ann on 2017/03/01

We appreciate your feedback and customer satisfaction is very important to us. We’re actively looking into why the system may be acting slow for you, that is very concerning to us. For the time stamp, there are many areas in the system that add a time stamp, we’d like to better understand which area you’re referring to. Your account manager will reach out to learn more about your needs.

• Reviewed on 2017/02/23
Brett H.
Safety/HR
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/15

"Very helpful customer service"

Pros: Having new employees fill out their required documents through BirddogHR software ensures me they will be filled out correctly without missing important signature blocks, etc.

Cons: I would like to see the application and onboarding portals work with each other more seamlessly. I find I have to jump from one to the other too often and wished it could all be done from one site.

by BirdDogHR on 2018/01/19

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate your review and have forwarded your comments to our product team.

Ann G.
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/12

"BirdDog HR was very easy to work with and they listened to us on developing the ease of use for us."

Pros: The customer service and training have been fantastic. We can go back to our trainers whenever needed to clarify information or to ask for additional help. They are very willing to work with us and meet our needs as a Company.

Cons: One item I would say is a Con, is the system is not fully programmable to how we would exactly like it. However, our customer service reps have been great in showing us alternatives.

Karen D.
HR Consultant
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/01

"Huge Timesaver!"

Comments: I'm getting qualified applicants for all of my jobs. BirdDogHR makes me look good!

Pros: Very intuitive ATS that allows me to post to multiple job boards at once.

Cons: I primarily use the Applicant Tracking System, so I'm not familiar with the functions.

by BirdDogHR on 2019/02/07

Hi Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave BirdDogHR a review. We are so happy to hear that you are having a great experience with the BirdDogHR ATS. We appreciate your business and look forward to more success to come!

• Reviewed on 2019/02/01
Makenna C.
Director of HR
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/17

"Works in some aspects, definitely not in others."

Comments: We purchased the ATS, Onboarding and Talent Management modules within BirdDog. One of my biggest concerns when shopping around was trying to find a product that we could use from the time of application through review periods without a lot of extra work. Our salesman, Sean assured us that these products would work together. Upon implementation we discovered that these products in fact DO NOT speak to one another. The talent management module is essentially a completely different product. You have to enter information separately in order to add an employee to this system. And on top of that, it has way to many functions for which to choose from. If I simply want to send an evaluation I have to click through a million boxes. It's probably easier for me to take the time to email someone an evaluation then it is to click through the options. I appreciate that they were trying to be thorough, but something user friendly was more of what we were looking for. We also had trouble with the functionality in the onboarding piece. I find it frustrating that after an employee submits their paperwork, they have no access in coming back to make a change. We are a company trying to be as green as possible. When I asked what an employee should do if they need to change their w-4 deductions or direct deposit information, I was informed that we would need to print the document in order to submit it to our payroll department. This is defeating the very purpose of implementing the program. This was supposed to eliminate the need for extra paperwork. Other snags we have run into involve the reporting features within the ATS. They do not always populate after you have entered dates. We have also run into issues with scheduling. The system has sent out wrong dates and times for different interviews causing major confusion and scrambling on our end when a candidate shows up unexpectedly. We loved our implementation specialist, My rep, but are very disappointed in our salesman. There are functions we have enjoyed, but this may not be the system we were looking for.

by Ann on 2016/11/18

We appreciate your feedback about our product, service and personnel. Customer satisfaction is very important to us therefore your concerns have been escalated to multiple VPs. We’ve also reached out to schedule a call with your team so we can put a plan in place to improve your experience.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/17
Danielle V.
Corporate Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/22

"Our first ATS"

Pros: Excellent Customer Service - Any time we need assistance, our Account Manager is quick to respond with a helpful answer.
User Friendly - The system is very easy to navigate, of course there was a learning curve, primarily because it was our first ATS.
Customizable - The more we use the ATS, the more we make it our own; emails, logos, job posting, sort and search functions, etc.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/22
Ben N.
Learning and OD Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/15

"Good company, nice people, sometimes challenging to get them to change..small company, develops slow"

Pros: Affordable and pretty easy to use. The ATS is a good product that is affordable and helps us source more easily especially for young professionals.

Cons: Challenging to get change to occur at times and slow development. Software at this point is still a little clunky to navigate because of the navigation between the multiple modules as it is currently designed. BDHR has a plan to clean this up, looking forward to it.

by BirdDogHR on 2018/01/19

Thanks for the review. Your input continues to be very important to us. The product team is prioritizing your feedback.

Lori P.
HR Business Partner
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/15

"BirdDog HR is terrific, functional, easy to use!"

Pros: Very easy to maneuver around in system. Makes sense, logical! We used to use BirdDog exclusively, very successfully. A corporate decision to move to ADP prompted changes, but we still use BirdDog as our main function of BLASTING job postings out there!!! Works GREAT!! Oh and Customer Service is AWESOME!!!!

Karen D.
Human Resources Consultant
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/09

"BirdDogHR saves so much valuable HR time, allowing me to focus on connecting with people."

Comments: Huge timesaver.

Pros: BirdDogHR is so simple to learn and easy to use. Even the Hiring Managers who are not very tech-saavy love the ATS. And if there is ever a question, the Customer Service representatives always answer the phone and are willing to assist.

Kris L.
Human Resources Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/15

"Going from a paper driven manual system to fully electronic was the most difficult BDHR made it easy"

Pros: It's practical and simple to use. As a government contractor, creating the applicant log was a breeze!

Cons: Some limitations force us to close open jobs and re-open the same job to correct some information, it helps that we can duplicate the job so we aren't forced to re-enter the info just correct what needs to be corrected

by BirdDogHR on 2018/01/19

Thanks for these comments. We have some ideas to share with you that will help. Your account manager will be reaching out.

Christopher S.
Managing Partner
Security & Investigations, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/13

"Review your contract"

Comments: Frustrated in support; frustrated in using the Applicant tracking service. Not as easy it was described / sold to. Candidates uploading their resume did not work for them. May be better for a higher skilled positions, but not good for lower skilled workers. Our Account manager did not follow up after product was sold. We only heard from account rep, when he tried to upsell Learning Management Software platform.

Pros: We thought that the software was going to help us on board folks.

Cons: You need to have a dedicated person to run and or take of HR. If you are a smaller company and wear many hats, it is not user friendly. You will not hear from them until after your account renews on automatic renewal. They refuse to let you out of contract; and will put you into collections, regardless that we paid for the software upfront for the entire. Required to pay for software upfront. We do not use the software. and do not recommend,

• Reviewed on 2019/12/13
Donna A.

"good experience"

Comments: good record keeping of appicants

Pros: Good record keeping- good customer service on phone- Good response time from our account manager- conference was also helpful.

Cons: There is no offer letter available online for new applicants and this is a very important feature which I know is being worked on.

by BirdDogHR on 2018/01/10

Thanks for your review. Offer letters are now available so your account manager will reach out to you to tell you more.

Laurie W.
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/12

"Birddog HR does a great job with customer service!! "

Comments: It saves time and helps me with my recruiting efforts.

Pros: I appreciate the functionality of the site that it will automatically post your jobs onto all relevant web sites. This helps save a lot of time.

Cons: The only thing that I can think of is that I wish that our ad was published with some customization instead of looking like all the other Birddog HR customers. It is not a deal breaker for me though because the pros out weigh this.

by BirdDogHR on 2018/01/15

Thanks for your comments and feedback. Your account manager will reach out with some ideas for you about how you can extend your employer brand.

Blessie T.
HR Recruiter
Human Resources, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/09

"Excellent ATS system, easy to use and learn"

Comments: Has made my job a LOT easier with a ton of their features: one-click job postings to multiple sites, streamlined applications, automatic tracking, ability to send emails directly from the ATS, ability to link with calendars, audit trail of communications and documents, templates for emails and job postings, etc.

Pros: Many aspect of the software can easily be customized to company needs, instant updating to website, easy organization, makes job posting a breeze with one-click posting to multiple sites. They have reports available for any tracking and reporting purposes. Their customer service and training is very hands on they are always there when you need them. All the employees I have worked with to get the system up and running have been exceptional!

Cons: Wish there were a few more ways to "hard code" or customize things based on our needs, but overall they are minor things.