• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,7 /5

About Avaza

Collaborate on projects, track time, manage expenses and invoice your customers. Available in the cloud, from any device!

Learn more about Avaza

Juliana W.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/11

"Great to have everything from task management to invoicing in one place"

Comments: Avaza deserves a shout out for their customer service. You can reach them via chat, and you usually get a reply within a few minutes. They have the best service of any vendor I've ever worked with.

Pros: The task management system is robust and easy to learn, so onboarding new people is simple. And for us, a big benefit was going straight from project to invoice. No more importing or exporting information and doubling up on data entry tasks.

Cons: Scheduling recurring tasks is currently a little clumsy. You cannot set a task for "First Monday" of the month, for example. However, I'm told they have improved scheduling for recurring tasks in the works by their customer service.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/11
Senior UX/UI Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/27

"Project management done right"

Comments: So far it has proven to be a solid solution to keep on top of parallel freelance design projects

Pros: Avaza allows you to manage project of varying degrees of complexity in an organic and logic way. The tasks can be viewed as lists, kaban board or layout out against timeline through gnatt view

Cons: Resource scheduling is not as useful as it could be as it force to schedule a resource for the same amount of hours everyday which is unrealistic

• Reviewed on 2019/12/27
Aron L.
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/11

"Major Fan"

Comments: So far no software could beat this.

Pros: Everything - Gantt charts, Seamless invoicing & Full project and task management. Also great team management capabilities.

Cons: Wish there was a chrome extension along to easily clock time without visiting the tab.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/11
Grace L.
Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/14

"Great project and resource management tool"

Comments: I've looked into so many project + resource management tools – from Trello to Airtable to Monday.com – and Avaza is the only one that allows me to create projects, estimate hours, manage capacity, and track time in the same platform, without spending a lot of time configuring it. I was able to set up Avaza using a project spreadsheet I had already created and the whole configuration process was pretty quick.

Pros: I love that it combines resources management and project management into one tool. Perfect for small design studios and agencies that need to know if their employees have the bandwidth to take on a new project (it also takes into account holiday/vacation time!). I use Avaza to create project estimates for clients, knowing that I can easily import from a spreadsheet and adjust timeline/dependencies once the project is confirmed. All on the free plan, too!

Cons: The UI could be a bit better-designed. There are some things, like the top toolbar design and the navigation menu for projects, that aren't really the best user experience. But then again, I'm a designer. My only complaint is that it's hard to bulk-edit tasks and it's not possible to do so with CSV import; you can't even select multiple tasks to delete, which can be an administrative time suck if you have a lot of tasks to edit/delete from a project.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/14
Santiago A.
Co Editor Chief
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/13

"More than a program, it is an experience for the management of your projects."

Comments: The internal organization is fundamental to be able to fulfill our own goals, and at the same time, with the clients that believe in our commercial offer. Thanks to Avaza we have managed to engage efforts that were not identified to achieve the internal goals, since we implemented it, our level of communication has reached the best levels of communication, which translates into a reduction of time in activities that in the past They took days or even weeks. Since we worked with Avaza there are no missing links of information, we have reached a point that without Avaza it would take years to achieve.

Pros: One of the things that I liked most, is the interface that they offer to all their users, it is the best for those of us who are more visual when working. Another aspect that many do not know but that I love, is to be able to integrate Avaza with other platforms so that the reach is greater, I have managed to move from one platform to the other without losing time or reducing the value that Avaza gives me. Also, the commercial offer they offer is the most competitive, because you can start your venture without sacrificing all the capital with which you account, and being stable you can know the available improvements so that you achieve new goals within your company. Another functionality that I like, is to be able to have a great integration with email, apart, it allows me to monitor all projects and important events for the company, it is a vital support that greatly improves performance.

Cons: It would be unfair to identify negative aspects, because the capabilities that you offer for your work on anything happens, I have reviewed the platform for a long time and to date, I have not found anything that changes my positive perception about Avaza.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/13
Debra H.
Executive Producer/Process Management Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/02

"Tried over a dozen resource management tools and chose Avaza"

Comments: The more I use Avaza, the more I like it and the more I can see us using additional features.
It's been positive and we're glad to have chosen Avaza over the many other options out there.

Pros: We are a 10 person creative agency and were looking software to help us manage our schedules and resources. We wanted a clear, intuitive interface that would allow in-app communication and file sharing, color-coding to distinguish clients, a calendar view by team member or project view, a tracking of hours against total project budgets. The customer support is fast and friendly.

Cons: Setting up projects and tasks takes a bit of time, but there are robust reporting options that are worth the input time. I also wish that when, on the team calendar view, you dragged a task from (for example) four days to three days that the total hours would stay the same but be spread over a new date range rather than the driver being the number of days with hours/day locked.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/02
Debjit B.
Freelancer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/27

"A simple and powerful client and project manager."

Comments: I just love the simple easy to setup approach. I can set up and start using the software within days, and there are no learning curves. I just used their project management and time tracking which is great. I can recommend my customer/user to use this service so they can simplify their task. I am still trying this and getting some awesome result.

Pros: Simple and clean setup is what I can set up easily. I like the simple wizard just in front of me and all the process updates are in front of me. The UI is clear simple and just workes as they should be. I love the minimalistic and to the point menu of it. Menu structure is also just in front of me, no more finding or take a note for just a menu. And yes it really does what it tells even in the free plan it is so much initiative then others I have tried. Project management and Time tracking are what I use most of the time and just workes. I am happy that I gave this a try.

Cons: Reports can be improved. I am not very comfortable with the report features. I just get confused and get lost with so much reporting options. Also, I think the report should be under every particular subject.

by Avaza Software on 2020/12/17

Hi Debjit,

I am glad to let you know that the reports module got a major upgrade. All reports are organised under each major category.

Commonly used reports can be saved with filter values and can be scheduled for email delivery as well.

Avaza now supports more than 50+ insightful reports with all the information at your fingertips.

Please feel free to reach out to our friendly customer support team with further feedback via direct chat from within the app or on our website.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/27
Jasmine J.
Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/01

"Awesome Gem!"

Comments: Overall, I really love this platform and would definitely suggest to others for their business needs.

Pros: I love that this system provided both time tracking and invoicing elements. This definitely helps with quickly providing clients with project and payment information. I also loooove that when calculating the QYT ( in my case I use it as hours), I'm able to include the exact number of hours instead of just whole numbers ( for example: 3:37 vs. 4 and this software calculates my clients cost per my unit price.

Cons: I really wish there were more payment providers for clients to choose from. It would also be awesome if there was an option for creating client contracts, this would be a great template addition.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/01
Stijn S.
Chief Technology Officer
Industrial Automation, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/28

"Collaborative Project tool"

Comments: Avaza helped us to overcome our geographic distribution. Vydraulics is an organization that is spread over several countries using different project management tools. Being easy to use and cloud based, we could integrate Avaza very easy in our organisation.

Pros: The cloud based software is very easy to setup and learn to team members. It's easy to get an overview of the project using lists, gantt or kanban views. Tasks are easy to plan and follow up. Furthermore the timesheets are well integrated into the software.
The collaboration with internal and external (customers/suppliers) people is well designed and easy to manage.

Cons: It is not so easy to track a project purely on time parameters. Sometimes it requires complex project reporting to get time based (lead times, estimated versus tracked time) parameters the way you want to have them.
The reporting is however very extensive, so you will find your answer. If not, you can always get help from the Avaza support.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/28
Bhavesh R.
senior structural design engineer
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/10

"EASE IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT"

Pros: easily manage multiple projects and their tasks, very happy with the interactive UI and the team got hold of it pretty quickly. Also, the task notifications are received by the team member instantly on email. The pricing is good compared to its features and definitely stands out from its competition.

Cons: no way to use offline on pc as its an online web based application

• Reviewed on 2020/04/10
Owner and CEO
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/20

"I enjoy using this app for my team projects. It's one of those apps that makes you so productive!"

Comments: I realy enjoy this app and the support is great. I guess I would just say that it's to bad it took me 6 hours to find it because if I would of found it first I would of saved 6 hours.

Pros: I wanted to share my positive experience getting started with Avaza.
I spent about 4-6 hours searching for a system that would enable my team to manage our internal and external projects of ppc ads and email marketing campaign projects. I played with many apps that were missing some of the features I was looking for. I finally came across Avaza and was so happy since it had exactly what I was looking for!
After getting excited about all the valuable features I was amazed to see that support was a top notch 5 star integral part of the service that is on-board 24/7. I was welcomed the minute I logged in followed by another rep. that answered kindly and professionally all my initial questions. I was so happy with the customer service and the wonderful product that I signed up immediately for the webinar that took place the following day. The webinar support agent was very kind and professional and gave me a one hour, one on one webinar answering all my questions and giving me great tips to get started. I see myself using Avaza for many years to come as well as recommending it to all my friends and associates. Wishing all lots of productive and happy moments

• Reviewed on 2017/12/20
Amy P.
Consultant
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/22

"Great features and pricing for small startups"

Comments: We are a small, new company with a lot of work to coordinate. We are constantly providing clients with updates on projects and reviewing timelines for deliverables in order to keep ourselves on track. This software allows us to be efficient with our time by seeing where projects are with one quick glance. This also allows either of us to determine if/when we can take on additional work. It has been remarkably helpful to us in a short amount of time.

Pros: This program has all the functions a small business or non-profit needs to get started with managing a variety of projects and tasks. As consultants, we need the ease of invoicing, tracking hours, and uploading contracts for our clients coupled with a single place to manage the tasks of complex project management. It was very user friendly and easy to get started. I especially liked the variety of visual formats, as I like lists and my partner likes Gantt charts. You rarely get all these features in a free version of this kind of software, but even the paid versions are not very expensive.

Cons: I had a little trouble changing the administrator from one user to another. Also, the storage space is not that much, but you can always link to an outside cloud file using the notes section.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/22
Deniz G.
Customer Relations Manager
Oil & Energy, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/18

"Budget your projects at an affordable price with Avaza."

Pros: Avaza has an easy to use interface. It's time to stop messing around with multiple apps, subscriptions, and spreadsheets. Avaza is a seamless, productive platform that teams use to collaborate on projects, plan resources, track time, manage expenses and bill clients. I like that it enables us to achieve successful projects with task collaboration, file sharing, discussions, activity flows.

Cons: It is a successful software that does not have anything missing or dislike.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/18
Michael T.
Partner
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/30

"Great Product for Consulting Firms"

Comments: Super happy with the experience overall. Great product!

Pros: Product is easy to learn and use. Functionality sufficient for project-driven business that tracks hours and budget at the project level.

Cons: Would prefer to set "favorites" that appear week to week rather than only the option to copy previous weeks. It can get a little tedious with multiple projects (and tasks within projects) as well as internal activities that are intermittent.

by Avaza Software on 2020/12/16

Hi Michael, adding the option to pin timesheet rows on week view is high on our product roadmap.

Our product team has added your vote for this feature and will reach out to you as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/30
Jean-sébastien V.
Co-fondateur
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/16

"Saves us so much time"

Comments: It does it all. We can punch our work time, skip from task to task and projects to projects and keep track of everything. The billing then grabs everything automatically so we don't forget to bill anything. We used to have a billing system indepedent of our task system. Bringing these together saves so much time. And we're just 2... We do web marketing and web development for small businesses wich means lots of small clients. Cutting down billing time was a must for our growth.

Pros: Fast and convenient billing
Clear and usefull reports on just about evrything
Convenient time entry
Works well on mobile to enter tasks right after client meetings
Does automatic billing
Can create tasks by forwarding an email to avaza's project email

Cons: Could improve a little bit the customer data so we could also use it has a basic CMS.
Could automate the report sending for weekly KPIs and check-ups.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/16
Client Services Director
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/07

"As a new entrant to the PM field, Avaza promises much. Easy, quick and supportive"

Pros: Quick to set up.
True Gantt charting AND resource loading - great that we can plan ahead visually.
Nice workflow from quoting to invoicing, without becoming intrusive or cumbersome.

Cons: Still some work to do, but we'll keep station:
Can't for example progress invoice and easily see what's billed/what's left to bill, and you can't add true supplier costs and sell on as margin (they have to be added as expenses which isn't the right method in PM).
Also, for the 65%+ of colour-blind males out there - once you reach your 8 hours, the schedule changes to 'Full'. So far so good. However, go over 8 hours and it changes from green to red - which is extremely difficult to interpret at a glance if you're red-green colourblind. Some UX refinement required here.
What makes this harder is that the number then changes to how many hours 'over' your 8 hour day you are rather than showing either a '-' against the number, or more appropriately just continuing to add up the hours you need to do on that day.
We're sure these are niggles that will be ironed out as the product develops.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/07
Josh A.
Manager, Client Services
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"Excellent and affordable project management tool"

Comments: This software has enabled our company to successfully manage our client engagements. We can easily track our progress on project deliverables, and can ensure we stay on time and under budget.

Pros: Avaza is an extremely user-friendly project management tool that includes all of the important components of project management in one easy-to-use interface (i.e. project tasks, scheduling, timekeeping and expense management, invoicing, reporting, etc.). Their support is also top-notch. The support documentation on their website is very detailed, and the support team is always very quick to reply. In my experience, they have replied to me in just a few minutes when I chat with them using their support tool and they respond very quickly via email as well.

Cons: There are some features that do not currently exist in Avaza, such as the ability to send automatic overdue invoice reminders and the ability to apply detailed permissions to external/client users, however Avaza seems to be working constantly to improve the system and will take your input into consideration when documenting feature requests.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/27
Kevin D.
Finance Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/02

"My Review so far..."

Comments: OVerall, Avaza is nice to use, since it's gives us an overall look and feel of how things should flow

Pros: I like that it's feature rich and I am able to create some projects with Billable stuff, and see how it moves forward to Project Accounting

Cons: Reporting can do a lot of work. The interface is quite slow and limiting. I would want to get an update on faster reporting and creating custom reports

• Reviewed on 2020/04/02
Jorge A.
Operations Directos
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/18

"Awesome... best support team ever. It has all that I need to run my offshore IT consulting business."

Comments: I receive a fully functional PM, resource planner, invoicing and clients communication tool in one simple yet powerful tool.

Pros: Great PM tool
Awesome staff and timesheets control
Invoicing, quotes, payments... All in one place
My clients have access to their projects and documentation all the time, no need to ask for anything
Response to features requests is super fast
Tons of great reports, and you can pre-configure them for your eficiency
Great price for what all I get out of it

Cons: Maybe a more robust accounting functionality, but hey, the financial to run the business is awesome.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/18
Jacob B.
Architecture & Planning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/03

"Great Tool for Any Entrepreneur"

Comments: With Avaza I have better control over the timeline and status of my projects. I love the invoicing and ability to send out the invoices and communications directly from the app.

Pros: Great all in one software. Project management, to do lists, Gantt Charts, customizable reports, even estimates, invoices, and online payments. Can't live without it now.

Cons: Takes some time to customize everything to your personal work style but I think you would have that with any software you use. I wish that Avaza had a PC app that I could use instead on going online to use it.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/03