• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,4 /5
    4,6 /5

About Ayoa

Ayoa is an all-in-one online whiteboard where you can brainstorm ideas, work together and get things done

Learn more about Ayoa

Daniel M.
CTO
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/25

"I am truly excited for Ayoa's future."

Comments: I'm so excited! Ayoa seems hard at work and the product is getting updated and improved rapidly since the merger. It's good enough for now, which says a lot, but has more potential for sure!

Pros: Ayoa is really something special. I am currently transitioning from Trello as my daily task manager to Ayoa. Trello is and was fabulous, but it was lacking something, and that is why I started looking for a replacement. What was it lacking? The big picture! I had built up a backlog of hundreds of tasks with no way to view them at a distance. Ayoa allows you to build a mind map that displays every aspect of your project/business/organization. Broken down in every category of tasks. **Here** is the magic. Now you have your "task mind map", you can click on a branch and start adding tasks, then adds them to "task boards". Then you have a "My Planner" that is separate​ from the big task boards, just for "up next" stuff. A lot of flexibility​!, there are limitless ways to use this software.

Cons: There are LIMITLESS ways to use this software. It took me a couple of weeks before I could even figure out how I was going to organize everything. (and I'm still not done yet) It's not clear yet how people are using this software for business, there are not many example templates that are useful to me. So for now you just have to figure it out. There is also no ability to integrate third-party​ SaaS products like we've come to expect with most enterprise software these days.

by OpenGenius on 2019/10/01

Hi Daniel, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review - it's great to hear how much you're enjoying using Ayoa! We're all about the big picture and visual working here at Ayoa so it's good to hear that that's something you're excited about. Lots more exciting features to come over the next few weeks so stay tuned!

• Reviewed on 2019/09/25
Katie A.
Artist
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/16

"If I could design task management software, it would be Droptask"

Comments: Overall, I really love DropTask. I use it to manage the epic backlog of personal projects that I have. I have many more ideas of things I'd like to do than time to do them. My DropTask canvas is a giant map of categories, everything from sewing projects to woodworking projects to coding projects to appointments I need to schedule to chores I need to do. It works so much better for me than card or ticket-based project management like I use at work, or just mere checklists for organizing all of those thoughts and plans.

Pros: The thing I like most is the way everything is laid out visually. I can create categories and categories-within-categories and drag tasks around. It's not like a checklist app where you have to retype something in a different checklist, or your only organization method is columns of cards. It mimics being able to write things out in different categories in my sketchbook, except it's better, because instead of crossing something out and rewriting it in a new list, I can just grab it and move it.

Cons: There are some tasks that I actually do like to have checklist-style, where all steps are instantly visible. It would kind of mess with the circular format for tasks, but I wish you could turn on an option to show a task's checklist from the canvas. I also wish you could choose a category that would be the default that DropTask would zoom in to when you start.

by OpenGenius on 2018/10/24

Hi Katie,

First of all, thank you for the extensive and detailed review. We're really pleased to hear you're enjoying using DropTask, especially the Canvas and the way you're using the app to organize your thoughts and ideas.

Would you be interested in telling us more about how you're using DropTask? We'd love to chat more about your DropTask experience. If you're interested in sharing more and becoming a Case Study, please drop us an email at [email protected] for more information on how to get involved.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/16
Dance Artist & Dance Teacher
Performing Arts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/19

"I use it every day..."

Comments: my overall experience using DropTask is very positive and I like the fact that you can integrate it with a range of calendar apps and Evernote. The developers are excellent at working proactively with clients and listen to users views continually. My queries have always been responded to very quickly.

Pros: I like the flexibility because you can use it Kanban style, priorities style or the visual bubbles make it clear which actions fit to which project. You can also maintain several projects at the same time.
I especially like the new planner view which I use on a daily basis to identify what I want to achieve TODAY.

Cons: Sometimes adding start and finish dates can be a bit awkward.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/19
Tracie P.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/26

"Droptask could be brilliant"

Comments: Had to stop using as the circles prevented tasks from being described usefully, which is a shame as the program is superb

Pros: Love the ability to move tasks around a canvas, I find the concept of this absolutely brilliant and this feature alone would make me convert to Droptask completely and never look at another task management tool again but.....

Cons: The circles... I'm sorry Droptask but as much as they are great to look at, they are a nightmare to work with. You simply cannot fit enough words on to make a task recognisable. I signed up for 3 years because I really wanted to use Droptask but I have had to stop using as my team said they spent far too much time clicking on every task to find out what needed doing If you just added the option to have rectangles instead of circles I genuinely think I would send you cake.

by OpenGenius on 2018/10/30

Hi Tracie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. If you're not already aware, you're able to switch to views such as Workflow, Planner or Urgency Lists where your tasks will be displayed as rectangle tasks. We're always looking for ways to improve the Canvas and circles in DropTask, so I will pass your feedback on to the rest of the team.

Thanks again for the review.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/26
John H.
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/12

"Droptask is for seeing the big picture and the details."

Comments: I have so many projects. I feel I have the details of each project under control which is a good feeling.

Pros: The different views help you to visualize your tasks in creative ways. I like the "Workflow" view best with the Kanban style. And the new "MyPlanner" view is perfectly done. Also the details you can add to a task are completely thought through. It provides everything from notes, to lists, to reminders, to due dates, and more. And assigning tasks to team members is done right. I know about any updates and changes immediately as well as assigning tasks is easy.

Cons: The only thing I don't like about DropTask is how you close a task after putting in the details like putting in a note, etc.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/12
Managing Director
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/24

"Essential Accountability Tool"

Comments: Accountability is a massive issue for all businesses. DropTask has been an easy and cheap solution to roll out across many different businesses and user types. It has improved our completion rate of tasks and greatly assisted in team buy-in and engagement.

Pros: Droptask is so simple to use that it requires little to no training.
The various visual representations of projects allows people to see their tasks in a format that works for them.

Cons: Very happy with the product. Sometimes lose myself when scrolling in canvas layout.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/24
Julie D.
Senior land service office
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/13

"Droptask"

Comments: I use droptask to track jobs in both work and home, and use the canvas view for original brainstorming

Pros: I really like the ability to choose the way in which information can be presented, and the new layout with rectangular task shapes.

Cons: Cost of a yearly business subscription if you are not using it as part of a team. It would be nice if category headings in the workflow view were not automatically sorted alphabetically and you could choose what was at the top of each list.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/13
Jay B.
Brand Ambassador
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/03

"I love mindmaps and this is my mindmapping tool of choice"

Comments: It’s an easy to use tool - I mindmap all the time and always reccommend using this

Pros: Just totally love this app - I use an external keyboard with my ipad and it is really easy to create mindmaps using just the keyboard. I use it from small maps of ideas on a particular topic to (what is one of my favourite uses) as a mindmapping tool when at a conference or event to take all my notes. I can create maps so easily and quickly that by reviewing the map it is like I am still at the event taking in all the details

Cons: Sometimes I mis click and it thinks I am wanting to assign project related items to a line - but it is easy enough to remove afterwards

• Reviewed on 2018/09/03
Sebastián C.
Freelance Geographer
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/09

"The best of the best in mind mapping!"

Comments: I being working with iMindMap for more thst 7 years and I have to say that it has being awesome because this is truly one of the ways to really show information in an easy, simple, dynamic and fun way. It has made my life so much easy!

Pros: Well I have to say that I like everything about iMindMap but the things that I really like are the exporting tools and presentation options because they allow me to present my mind maps every where with the quality and settings I truly want without losing anything just like if I was presenting in IMindMap.

Cons: The only thing I can say that I dislike is the price but that will be all because iMindMap is by far the best in the game.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/09
Joseph G.
HR Compliance Representative
Human Resources, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/16

"DFM - DropTask Review - JDG"

Comments: We used to struggle with completing payroll processing in a timely fashion. Since using DropTask, we have been able to meet or beat our deadlines because of how easy it is to use.

Pros: The projects are very easy to create and it is very user-friendly. I also really like that there is an option for templates, which makes it faster to create projects that repeat, whether they are small or large projects.

Cons: I would like to see an option to assign team members to multiple tasks at once. It is a bit tedious going to each task and assigning members tasks one by one.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/16
Rev michael A.
Ministerial Life Coach
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/29

"The Gold Standard for Mind Mapping software"

Comments: I was recently able to use iMindMap for a research project for a organization doing a 15 week class. I was asked to consult and my usual approach takes a few hours at the fastest. I decided to try iMindMap for that project and I had the basic frame up in less than 15 minutes, all put together in less than an 2 hours! When the presentation was made, everyone in the meeting had an immediate overview of what was going to be covered and how their department or part of the overall fit in. A win-win for everyone!

Pros: It is the best Mind Mapping software because it is created and inspired by the developer of the Mind Mapping concept, reps. The training is from him and done by him it is truly the best. Have used others and which the concept is the same, it is the nuances that make it the best software! Also, as a bonus, the Presentation maker is by far the best out there! So easy and flexible and it is done as a true presentation, not just slides!

Cons: It is so powerful, wit so many capabilities that it takes a while to fully understand all that can be done with it. The training provided is great on the concepts but so many of the tools and options are discovered by using it, not covered in the training. With better training I believe many more would be using iMindMap over any competition.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/29
Real Estate Investor
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/23

"Amazing Product!"

Comments: I love that I can organize my ideas all in one space.

Pros: I don't usually leave reviews. I absolutely love Ayoa! It's very easy to use and well worth it's value. I love it's versatility it had everything I was looking for all-in-one!

Cons: I wish that there was a space to type out ideas but the canvas space is the next best thing where I can free style my ideas.

by OpenGenius on 2020/01/06

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review - it's great to hear you're enjoying using Ayoa.

We're actually working on a brand new feature that is designed to quickly capture ideas - so keep an eye out.

We'd really love for you to do a case study for us to share your experience. If you're interested, please contact James ([email protected]). Thank you!

• Reviewed on 2019/12/23
Danny D.
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/09

"Works for different workflow styles"

Comments: I like a card style layout, my business partner likes bubbles, we are able to customize our workflows without having to use the others preferred method

Pros: The ability to have shared tasks m along with the different layouts customized to each individual user

Cons: The inability to connect different tasks between “bubbles” task in Hubble A might be dependent on a task in bubble B, but there isn’t a way to link them

by OpenGenius on 2018/11/20

Hi Danny,
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. I just wanted to make you aware that we have a feature called 'Dependencies' that allows users to draw connections between tasks while on the Canvas. Dependency arrows allow you to define the order in which a series of tasks must be actioned. To learn more, click here: http://support.droptask.com/main/getting-started/web-app/task-dependencies/

Damien lamar R.
Freelance Web Producer
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/27

"Functional and Pretty"

Pros: I've been searching for the "nearly-perfect" project/task management system for years. After evaluating DropTask for less than 24 hours, I'm amazed at the very extensive functionality and ease-of-use with the software. With multiple views and ways to see and organization information, DropTask takes time management to the next level. You can easily create and manage tasks on the fly.

Cons: Honestly. There isn't much feedback. The developers did an amazing job with this SaaS.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/27
Leonardo C.
Telecommunications, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/08

"Simple and easy to have an overall view"

Pros: It is very simple to use and that is a most! If in one hand you have few features in another it is very simple to do what matters! I use for my personal projects and it is perfect!

Cons: I really would like to have a special cards or another resource to use like a milestone of my projects. Droptask is perfect to organize what need to be done but to manage when the things must be done I have to create cards like milestones or manage this targets in another tool.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/08
Andrew b E.
Manager, Merchandising Operations
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/19

"Great for working on projects with teams."

Comments: This has been a great tool for me. I discovered it while I was working on integrating 2 companies. It allowed me to map out all of the different aspects of the integration and share that and get input from others.

Pros: I love that I can map out all the different aspects I need to consider for a project. The interface is great, and all of the different viewing options provide different ways to look at what you're doing.

Cons: I find that sometimes the Canvas view isn't perfect for me, and I wish there were more export options.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/19
Tracie P.
Enterprise Director
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/15

"Great task management tool but could be greater"

Comments: Completion of tasks

Pros: Love the visual aspect of Droptask the freedom they give you in moving your tasks and categories around but even though they have made some major upgrades, they still need a couple of tweaks

Cons: Sometimes the circles actually prevent you seeing enough words to know what the task is. There is still no way in which to see ALL TASKS. The way in which Droptask is designed it also needs the ability to have tasks in multiple locations that way you could at least have a master task list and then keep a check on everything going on. Don't get me wrong I actually love this software but with a couple of tweaks it could be awesome

• Reviewed on 2018/03/15
Andrew S.
Author
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/23

"What I've been looking for."

Comments: Fantastic. Outstanding. It is the tool I have been looking for in my experiments with different organizational methods.

Pros: My favorite features include the ability to really focus on a category of tasks to get everything captured, then drill down on one task and note all the moving parts--then switch to a view prioritizing across all areas. After the focused work is done, I don't have to look through the different categories of work to surface the top priorities, I can adjust them in their category or when looking at the big picture.

Cons: The only drawback is not archiving completed tasks.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/23
Slavisa M.
Developer
Sports, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/02

"review title :)"

Pros: visual representation of tasks and dependencies

Cons: - missing time tracking function on single tasks and category and project level.
- complicated integration with iMindMap (better integration between cores of both products, not just import/export)

• Reviewed on 2018/10/02
Ya xin L.
NIL
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/22

"Really good software!"

Pros: The interface is very nice and I like the fact that you can set how much a task has been completed.

Cons: Maybe there could be more colours to sort the tasks into.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/22
Drew R.
Fool
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/30

"Task master"

Comments: I’ve been able to use multiple organizing systems with each project. I get a visual, big overview and then can zoom in for focus.

Pros: Visual. Continually being updated with new features.

Cons: The emphasis on group use. Rising costs.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/30
Fernando P.
Administration Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/09

"Task App for creative and innovative busy people"

Comments: Actually, what helps me a lot, is to SEE in a different way the Categories of Personal, Work, Temp Things to do, etc. Is refreshing....

Pros: Ease of use and the logical way to group tasks. Showing the Category and Sub Category as sub groups is so logically ease.

Cons: visually , Notifications dont pressure me enough to remind me about the next task

Micah M.
Software Engineer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/25

"Task planning at higher quality than most"

Comments: Seem like a great company, building software with the user in mind.

Pros: - Great interface, easy to use
- Mobile app + desktop site makes it easy _and_ accessible
- Task sharing with others is easy

Cons: Nothing big. I do wish I could track _hours_ spent on tasks, and ultimately on whole categories or projects.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/25
Omni Channel Marketing Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/12

"User experience combined with effectiveness"

Pros: For a project management tool, droptask is very colourful and relaxing. Working basically with circles and drag and drops it makes project management really easy to depict.

Cons: When it comes to reporting and KPI related insights Droptask is falling behind significantly- how many hours were actually spent on the project, where potential bottlenecks happened etc.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/12
Maria maryelis D.
Coordinadora
Government Administration, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/27

"The best tool for mind mapping!"

Comments: Working with imindmap has been great and I will keep using it for a lot more time.

Pros: This one is hard because I love everything about imindmap, from the different styles to all the presentation options avaliable that make it easy to present my work everywhere and how I like it.

Cons: The only thing that I like the least is the images gallery, there isn't much variety of styles.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/27