• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,1 /5
    4,4 /5

About Accelo

The most flexible, powerful, and automated service operations platform for service businesses, Accelo helps you stay in control.

Learn more about Accelo

James G.
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/11

"Opitimized and Automated our Workflow"

Comments: Automated our business process from sale, to project, to billing. All of our team can interface and contribute seamlessly at any stage of the project. The price point is perfect and the Accelo support has been amazing.

Pros: We switched to Accelo after using other inferior products for 18 years. We have been pleased with the front-to-back automation that is now seamlessly running critical portions of our business. With Accelo, we have been able to place several business functions on one platform, where before, we had to use several products to accomplish the same thing - with little or no automation. We are now more automated and productive. Our team loves the product! With the current COVID pandemic, we have found ourselves having to do more with less. To meet these new challenges, we are taking full advantage of Accelo's Expert Services Program and have partnered with an Accelo Implementation Manager. The benefits to our team and bottom-line were immediate. When this crisis is over, we will recover quicker and grow our business with more confidence using the software.

Cons: We love the software. As others have stated, we wish that we had been using it years ago.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/11
Daniel D.
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/15

"Run away! Terrible quality updates and the worst customer service. False advertising of integrations"

Comments: The first reason we chose AffinityLive, now Accelo due to what was a great set of tutorials and video demos.
We requested a live demo as they offer on their site however we we're keen to do a live demo and paid for a single subscription for a month so we could start trialling it until our request for a demo was requested. The front line tech I spoke to said I was ineligable for a demo as I had already purchased the product. The training videos are ancient or totally missing large parts of the product as they update so much so frequently its almost a new product every few weeks....
We we're flat out refused any demo despite it being advertised on their site.
The actual product was nothing like the demo video so a live demo really would have helped us get off to a flying start.
The second reason we committed to an early purchase in good faith that a live demo would be provided, was because it advertised integrations with Kaseya and Maxfocus that I was later told by both those businesses and staff at Accelo no longer worked. They are still advertised on the page despite my multiple complaints about the false advertising (Maxfocus has been Logic now for 6 months and they still advertise the integration on their homepage).
Our account manager spoke to us three times in 14 months. Once when we had complaints about the lack of a demo which he also refused and then again to help us cancel our subscription, then one more time when they took a payment a month after we had cancelled our subscription and requested a refund.... Staff have no idea about their own product as it changes so drastically so often. A huge billing overhaul left us unable to invoice for three weeks! This was the final straw for us. We organised an export of most of our data (about 10 different exports required) but had missed the time on projects, we requested a copy of this data but they had deleted it all just three weeks later and were unable/unwilling to provide any policy document on data retention. The CEO is the rudest person I've ever spoken to. All sorts of threats about the first amendment despite me being Australian, them having an Australian office and being bound by Australian consumer law. The product is useless out of the box unless you purchase every premium and module they have. We were paying around $450AU each month for 2 techs! We're now using Atera at $89 per tech with integrated RMM with unlimited endpoints! Staff are amazing! couldnt be happier!

by Accelo on 2019/08/29

Daniel was obviously quite upset when he wrote this review. Unfortunately, it didn't represent reality at the time or since.

Daniel's claim re: continuing to charge him and take payment after cancellation is mistaken, which he subsequently admitted:
"My apologies, we're using Xero and it had lined up a debit with Accelo instead of the correct payment."

Daniel's claim re: the CEO issuing threats is also mistaken. The only one making threats in the interaction between Daniel and Accelo was Daniel - he threatened to take legal action by specific deadlines if we didn't change our website: "Please remove the false advertising within 2 weeks.. or I will lodge my original claim with fair trading". We politely declined to modify our speech to fit with his (incorrect) opinions and reminded him that as a US company we have rights to free speech.

While it is a shame that Accelo wasn't able to help Daniel's business, this review is not fair or accurate by the reviewers private admissions.

• Reviewed on 2016/10/15
Rob C.
Senior Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/08

"Timesheeting and more"

Comments: Overall, I enjoy using the software. Entering timesheets is super easy. It's also good to see my tasks for the week ahead.

Pros: I really like how I can see all the work I have been assigned at the beginning of the week. It's also very easy to enter my timesheet

Cons: I think the search functionality could be improved. Also, it's very difficult to book holiday leave in advance - it's a very roundabout process.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/08
Susie S.
President & CEO
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/12

"Game Changer for our Professional Services Company"

Comments: The implementation support was excellent. They really worked with us to configure Accelo to meet our business needs. The tool meets 90-95% of our needs, and they continue to improve upon it. Their support team is one of the best we have seen (we have used many products over the years).

Pros: Accelo provides a CRM, sales funnel, statements of work (quoting), active work (projects and ongoing), time tracking and invoicing -- all in one fully integrated platform. The tool is quite user-friendly if set up properly for your business.

Cons: The integration with QuickBooks Online needs some additional features.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/12
Granville W.
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/22

"Accelo is one of the best out there"

Comments: We have been able to professionally manage our projects and automated our billing. Integration with third party email clients such as gmail has made it easy to manage communication under the activity feature.

Pros: This software is feature rich but more specifically, this is a software that has helped us manage our entire sales cycle from managing contacts, Lead tracking, project planning and automated billing. But the most impressive is there is a client portal feature for our clients to collaborate on projects, accept quotes and view invoices.

Cons: I hate that one has to pay for customer support.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/22
Marketing Account Manager
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/26

"THE Project Management Tool to Use"

Pros: It is easy to create new projects in minutes with saved project templates. The gant chart view makes it easy to adjust timelines and due dates. You can alert teammates when their task is ready to start, and the task dashboard makes it easy for you to view your tasks for the day/week.

Cons: The schedule view is not useful as is. Currently the schedule view will show how many hours of work you have for a given day. 1) You need to have a time set for the task in order to see this properly listed in the schedule view, 2) If you have a task that takes 3 hours, but you have it spread over 3 days it allocates 1 hour per day on the schedule view. If it's day 3, and that task had not been identified as started and no time logged it should show 3 hours of work on that day - but instead it still shows the 1 hour. If that logic were set properly it would make this schedule view much more useful. There is also a major issue with setting project schedules, you need to be sure to lock-in the dates otherwise your project dates keep adjusting until you start. It can really screw things up if you don't have that set right away.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/26
Dave J.
Operations Director
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/02

"Excellent tool for a Marketing Agency looking to get hold of productivity"

Comments: We are solving many problems with Accelo, from project scheduling and timesheeting through to sales forecasting and email tracking. We use Accelo for the following:
Contract Management
Project Management
Professional Service Automation
CRM

Pros: Before we used Accelo, time spent on work was gathered via a rather ugly Outlook task list workaround, which was neither practical nor scaleable. Accelo's project and retainer scheduling functionality allows us to book-in large projects much more easily than before, and also ensures that time is tracked more accurately, allowing senior management to find true profitability of projects and marketing services.

Cons: Of course there are a few elements of Accelo that could be improved, but one of the benefits of working with Accelo is that they listen to their clients. I am constantly in touch with Geoff and the team to offer ideas and help with beta testing, which makes me feel like a valued customer.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/02
Randy M.
Vice President Sales & Marketing
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/08

"Accelo Helps Our Digital Marketing Agency Stay Accurate and Efficient"

Comments: We receive regular updates from the Accelo team about their ongoing development to enhance their platform. It is encouraging to see their commitment to investing in their product.

Pros: Accelo does a good job helping our marketing agency setup and manage retainers for clients and manage the budget of time they have available. In addition, Accelo allows us to manage website design and development projects down to the minute and helps us ensure projects are on-time and on-budget.
If needed, we can produce an audit trail of work performed for a client in a moment's notice. Our website management team also uses Accelo to manage the hundreds of tickets that are received from clients needing changes to their websites.

Cons: Although Accelo includes a CRM component, this is perhaps the weakest part of their platform at this time.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/08
Keyana K.
Internal Operations Assistant
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/25

"Accelo is packed with features and customizations, but still falls short"

Pros: The UI is actually not so bad; it's bright and modern, and menu options are well-placed. (That is, most items are located exactly where you'd think they should be.) This is extremely helpful when building complex projects within the platform. Even novices are comfortable using Accelo after about a week, in most cases.

Cons: The sync with QuickBooks Online is awesome in theory, as my company requires that connection for invoices that are attached to projects within Accelo. However, that sync tends to break more often than it should. This is typically an issue when modifying ledger items and our chart of accounts in QuickBooks Online... Which, we HAVE to make the changes in QBO first, rather than the other way around. As a company with MANY products and services offerings that are updated around the beginning of every year, this is generally a nightmare.

by Accelo on 2019/08/29

Hi Keyana, thanks for your review, and sorry for the headache/frustration around keeping QBO and Accelo in sync.

When we set out to build the accounting integration we wanted to make sure that invoices created in Accelo would sync automatically into QBO (and Xero). The challenge with achieving this of course is that we have to fit in *exactly* with the API requirements and options/fields that are required fields in these powerful platforms. While we have admin features on our side to refresh/update things like items and ledger codes, we know that having to remember to keep the two products in sync from an admin perspective is a pain when it doesn't work.

The good news is that we're well over half way rebuilding our integration to support webhooks and automatic streaming/updating of changes from QBO (and Xero) into Accelo. This has the potential downside that a change made in your accounting system will confuse someone working in Accelo, but we think it is worth it to automate things

• Reviewed on 2018/04/25
Richard A.
Managing Director
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/05

"I'm a bit smarter and definitely more productive with Accelo"

Comments: Accelo has given me a "picture" of my business that, initially, I was reluctant to believe. Sometimes that first accurate picture isn't pretty, but I'm thankful for it.

Pros: Accelo has encoded the work flows for my business. I was unaware of some of those flows, so the software has educated me. It solved problems I didn't know that I had.

Cons: What I like least really has nothing to do with Accelo. It can be complex, but, for me, that was because I didn't understand some of the complexities in my business. For example, the Retainers section has you trying to understand the options that they give you. Your first question will be, "Why does this have to be so complex?", or "Who would do it that way?". When you realize the reasons that they structured Retainers, you understand the power of it.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/05
Brad S.
Client Success Jedi
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/01

"I live in this 8 hours a day... here's what I have to say"

Comments: I like the ability I have to manage my own tickets and while also being able to track my teams progress as well. The automation features really help cut down on time spent on writing responses and helps to deliver good service to our end users.
The ability to search past tickets seemingly from the beginning of our service with is insanely helpful when trying to remember back what I did to resolve a specific issue.
The stream is also a great tool to see what the team is up to. I dislike that it's web only. I feel that having a local app that looks to the online data would open up a world of possibilites.
I struggle with the fact that when I open a note or start sending an email I cannot reference ANYTHING on the ticket or site. The note or email consumes the screen. Being able to minimize that window or better yet have all the information on one screen so you can reference past notes on the ticket or review past responses and details in previous emails. Currently it's painful to do and it is hands down my least favorite aspect of the service.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/01
Owner, President
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/03

"Beware of what you're getting into"

Pros: The tool is very powerful. It has a lot of features that allow you to do time tracking, project management, client communication, invoicing and much more. I think because it is trying to be so many things, it is lacking in most all of those areas and the user experience and overall feature set is quite cumbersome and falls below expectations for the money.

Cons: The tool is overly complicated and lacks what you would consider basic features in so many ways. Our team of 8 people spent over 200 hours learning the tool and we are still learning and still frustrated weekly. They try to say that you can make the tool do about anything you want, but doing even the basics requires a tremendous amount of time. Things that should take 30 seconds often take multiple minutes. The system loads pages so slowly that it's not uncommon to watch the wheel spin for 30+ seconds which seems like an eternity when you are trying to work. I would not purchase the tool again and I would not recommend it to others unless you have a full time staff of IT or super users who will do nothing but manage the tool.

by Accelo on 2017/11/08

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with Accelo so far. We offer support via email or over the phone, we are happy to offer any help needed in configuring Accelo to best fit your needs.

Feel free to reach out to us: [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2017/11/03
Michael R.
Head of Solutions

"Pro's and Con's"

Comments: i like using accelo, i have already and will continue to recommend it.

Pros: We like it because its web based, i enjoy the mobile app (although there are differences in app and desktop views that confuse users) i love the project management section, very detailed and familiar in its design structure.

Cons: as a new administrator, editing is not as user friendly as i wished, i hope for better video tutorials in the future

Carly M.
Digital Content Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/14

"Easy and Effective Project Management System"

Pros: How easy it makes scheduling my day, week and month. My time management skills have vastly improved since using Accelo.

Cons: With any software, there is room for improvement. Little tweaks here and there, but overall the software is great.

Kim D.
Executive Director
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 2-10 Employees

"Problem solver"

Comments: So far, so good. Since signing up, Accelo has made some drastic updates that make the product better. The lags we used to get in uploads seem to have disappeared. I love a company that doesn't simply rest on its laurels, but are continuously improving.

Pros: I love the customability of this software. It works for our clients, and for us.

Cons: The focus seems to be on tech support, but we are supply chain support. I would love to see some of the functionality be able to be adjusted to follow the supply chain a bit better. However, the fact that it is project based makes the overall function workable.

Wayne W.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/23

"Great product for startups"

Comments: Great to create projects, managed services agreements, invoicing, cost models, quotations. Great overall product.

Pros: I wanted a great PSA, one that I could stand up quickly and get to work without hours and hours of churn. This fit the bill great. It integrates well with QuickBooks, my RMM, and email platforms. And it is reasonably priced.

Cons: It still feels young in its product lifecycle. The integrations, while solid, have the opportunity for greater and greater automation. Looking forward to the progression of the product.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/23
Robert Y.
Founder and Lead Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/13

"I now know what's going on"

Comments: Onboarding was easy and I did it without assistance. Ticketing is easy. The dashboards are awesome and give me an amazing overview of my business.

Pros: Email capture, all of our clients and vendors communications are automatically captured and linked with the tick and user it belongs to. My techs don't have to use the software to keep it up to date they just have to email like normal.

Cons: The calendar is exchange. I would like a way to easy see the schedule of the days tickets without leaving the app Ang going to Outlook.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/13
Nicole B.
Administration
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/20

"Amazing and easy"

Comments: Working remotely, this software has solved all real time issues between our company, helps us stay on track with deadlines, see what else is n3eded from us by the clientele, and ease of communication between the company when we are never physically together.

Pros: It is available to use anywhere, anytime, just need to log in.

Cons: There are a lot of options for creating tasks, tickets, items, etc. So it took time getting familiar with the use and difference between each one.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/20
Alexa E.
VP, Operations
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/21

"Extremely Buggy, Content Updates and Content Beta"

Comments: None- we are switching.

Pros: The customer service is responsive. That is the only good thing about Accelo.

Cons: They're constantly making updates but don't tell the users about all of them. Then when new features are rolled out, they're buggy and not tested frequently. The pricing is very expensive compared to other project management solutions that work better and don't have frequent issues.

by Accelo on 2017/10/20

Hi Alexa,

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with Accelo.

We send a bi-weekly newsletter each week which goes over each update added to our solution. I recommend looking out for these so that you can easily stay up to date on Accelo's changes.

We have found that our clients grow and increase their profits when using Accelo. The ability to track retainers, eliminate the disconnect between disjointed workflows, and the collaborative focus of our solution is a real game-changer for most.

I'll make sure to reach out to you via email and connect you with your account manager so that we can help you work through any issues you are experiencing.

Best,

• Reviewed on 2017/08/21
Steve F.
  • Reviewed on 2015/05/19

"A superb product"

Comments: This is a superb product. it really makes a lot of sense if you need something in the PSA space. You really get the idea that these guys know what you would want to be able to do and then provide it. Time and again I have asked for something that is already actually there and in place. Coupled to this you get unbelievable follow up and service. Tech support invariably duplicate what my question is. answer it quickly, are honest if they can't help and proactive when they can. No question is ever a dumb question. Time and again these guys have answered me, helped me and taken my calls, not because the product is hard to work with - on the contrary, but because I am trying to get the most out of the product and have had a lot of questions. I can speak from having had the experience of working with and configuring systems such as Oracle E-Business Suite R12.1, Microsoft Project Server 2007, Clarizen, Salesforce and others. Nothing holds a candle to AffinityLive for functionality, value for money and overall support. I strongly suggest you take a look - we did and I think it was one of the best decisions we made.

by Accelo on 2015/05/19

Hi Steve! Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are so happy to hear that you were happy with our service. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do!

• Reviewed on 2015/05/19
Ellen M.
Senior Key Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/01

"quotes to contracts to projects done seamlessly"

Comments: good for client management and productivity tracking

Pros: fully fledged CRM to manage leads effectively through the quotation process. Good way to monitor time and activity at work to understand and prioritize product time. Very well integrates with email, voip and salesforce to allow for good handle on information flow across system and give a consolidated view.

Cons: nothing much that i can think of which needs to change.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/01
Creative Director
Design, 11-50 Employees

"Great Product"

Comments: Great product, have been using it for nearly 2 years now

Pros: Lots of features, great customer support, great for CRM and project management

Cons: UX is a bit confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, it works very well

Service Desk Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/28

"Tries to do too many things and fails at most of them"

Pros: We used it as a helpdesk ticket taking platform - it functioned. Time tracking was a great feature Accelo did well.

Cons: Frequent outages and unexplained slowness plagued their environment when we used it. Things were on their roadmap indefinitely, metrics and analytics were nearly non existent. One of their devs even got snarky with me on a public forum when I pointed out some areas for improvement. We as an organization have since moved to another platform and have not looked back.

by Accelo on 2019/08/29

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience and that you felt one of our devs was snarky with you.

Re: slowness and performance issues, as a scaling technology company there are times where there are growing pains - we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience these issues caused for you. We did have a rough period in early 2018 (detailed at https://www.accelo.com/resources/blog/system-outage/), but thanks to the work done by our systems and security team in the later part of 2018, we've had an uptime for 2019 to the end of August is 99.991%. We've also been able to benefit from upgrades to our database infrastructure with AWS to be able to have a lot more auto-scaling to help ensure we're well placed to handle periods where things ramp up.

Again, apologies you didn't have a great experience, and thanks for your candid feedback.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/28
Social Media Lead

"Amazing Software"

Pros: I love how easy it is to use. I track all my projects and clock my entire day in Accelo. It allows me to see where I am spending my time. The analytics make it possible to make adjustments to tasks that need more time etc.

Cons: None so far. Accelo is always bringing out new features that I didn't even realize I needed.

Consultant
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/02

"Great Business Tool"

Pros: One of the only tools available that integrates CRM, project planning and billing in one easy to use layout!

Cons: Frequent updates make getting used to the tool a bit slow. Navigation between projects/work/client can be confusing at the beginning until you get used to the lingo.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/02