• Overall
    4,1 /5
    3,8 /5
    3,8 /5

About Pardot

Empowers marketing and sales teams to work together to engage buyers, close deals, and grow relationships.

Learn more about Pardot

Digital Marketing Manager
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/13

"Pardot Admin - heavy usage"

Comments: Overall i would give it a B+ meets all most all of our needs, there were some pleasant surprises, but nothing is perfect. We are very happy with the production is has create d for us.

Pros: it was mostly plug and play, the price was right for our company (package deal with salesforce) and it effectively has automated our email marketing.

Cons: there are a few little things that we have encountered that due to our industry that would not really apply to every industry. but we have found that there is flexibility in pardot.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/13
Charu M.
Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/04

"Power-packed Marketing Automation Tool"

Comments: A powerful marketing automation tool but expensive. Good for people who are looking for imapctful insights, lead nurturing and tracking down customer activities with ease. Pardot could be a good fit if you need good Salesforce CRM integration and have the budget for $1,000/month or more.

Pros: We get real time activity updates of our prospects from the lead deck functionality Awesome customer support Ease of usage, is highly customisable As it's a Salesforce product now the ease of integration with the CRM is mind blowing

Cons: I would say the makers of this product are a little money minded. A lot of functionalities are only available for the PRO users like API access and A/B testing Also, not many integrations are possible using this product

• Reviewed on 2020/04/04
Andy K.
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/13

"Powerful Marketing Automation Platform"

Comments: As our admin and a daily user, I have found that the tool is relatively easy to learn basic and intermediate functionality. However, as you get more advanced, the ability to find "official" Salesforce resources becomes more difficult. Thankfully, the community of users has proven to be really valuable and knowledgeable even with various updates.
I think Pardot has been a really strong tool for us to advance our marketing automation and email marketing practices and really drive growth in our marketing efforts.

Pros: The biggest Pro for our organization is the tie-in to Salesforce. Adding Pardot as our bolt-on marketing automation platform allows us to connect seamlessly to our Salesforce CRM and utilize most all of the data that we're already capturing there. Developing detailed email logic, engagement programs and drip campaigns has really improved our growth marketing practice.

Cons: At times, the tool can be challenging to find the correct solution for what you're trying to accomplish. I've spent many hours in Salesforce's help section and the Pardot user community (as well as searching other areas of the web) to find answers to specific questions. That said, the questions that I've had, usually have been answered already by other users or I can collaborate with other users outside our org to find a solution.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/13
Enterprise Account Executive
Computer Software, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/29

"Easy to use , great UI and powerful"

Comments: the experience of using pardot was great. it's highly intuitive and powerful which makes the learning curve for less technical yet more visual users really short.

Pros: 1) it's a really robust marketing automation platform with lots of capabilities but wrapped around a super easy UI
2) deep integration within the salesforce CRM and echo system (you can also use 3rd party salesforce tools from the app exchange to trigger things such as SMS via the SFDC campaign function )
3) slick customer journey canvas that is highly visual
4) fairly priced (in comparison with the other MA vendors)

Cons: 1) only works with Salesforce (professional edition and above ) so if you're using a different CRM that wont really work for you, or rather be a standalone
2) it would be great if there were more native connectors to it.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/29
Kristina A.
Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/14

"Great if You Also Have Salesforce and a Sales Team"

Comments: Overall I really like Pardot because it syncs with Salesforce and allows us to automate tasks that help the sales team make timely follow ups specific to the actions a recipient takes. For example, if a recipient opens an email and downloads a specific guide we can automatically let the sales person know that person downloaded that specific guide and to follow up on it.

Pros: Pardot is perfect for companies that use Salesforce and also have a multiple person sales team. It has advanced automation features, and allows you to send emails from sales reps and insert dynamic content to make that email from the rep seem personalized. Dyamic content can be anything from the typical first name, company name, to custom dynamic content that's unique to whatever your needs are. Because Pardot syncs with Salesforce it also allows you to assign sales members tasks based on behaviors the recipients of the emails are taking which is great for strategic and timely sales follow up.

Cons: The email editor could be better and easier to use. There isn't an undo button which is very frustrating. If you need to undo something you pretty much have to start over.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/14
Education Account Manager
Consumer Electronics, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/02

"Pardot marketing tool"

Comments: Overall, I am really happy we went with Pardot it has been a great marketing tool and allowed our company to create content and reach an audience we could not have even come close to without it.

Pros: I love the ability to have insight into customer activity and to create marketing campaigns. From a marketing perspective Pardot is an amazing tool. However my role is in more of a sales role so I tend to lean on the features of Salesforce much more. I appreciate the tie into sales force and how I am able to create reports and customer lists very easily in Pardot. It has greatly expanded the communication that I am able to have with customers. I work closely with the marketing team to delivery targeted messages which we were unable to do in the past.

Cons: My biggest frustration comes from the Salesforce/Pardot relationship. I wish that the terms in salesforce were the same used in Pardot, it is a bit of a learning curve especially when you are getting up to speed and working within two different departments. For example campaigns in salesforce are completely different than campaigns in Pardot.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/02
Tom N.
1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/25

"The best B2B Marketing Automation tool"

Comments: Overall excellent.

Pros: Way more than just email. Pardot is a full force marketing automation tool. Everything from page tracking to form building to file downloads, It is by far the easiest to use tool I've experienced. In addition to the above, it's an excellent email tool, complete with record assignment, auto responder, integration capabilities.

Cons: Too frequently there is system down time that impacts message sending and performance. To date, this has been simply in convenient and has not crippled any critical operation.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/25
Emily F.
Marketing Coordinator
Financial Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/27

"Pardot Review -"

Pros: I like the programs ability to link with Sales Force, and the management aspects of the software. At times, Pardot enhances the overall workflow of the day.

Cons: Pardot doesn't offer the ability to go back at certain stages, so if you do hit back on your browser, or hit pardots back button it will either time you out or delete your previous steps. Also the program doesn't seem to be entirely compatible with our companies server, as it is extremely slow. If you populate something in Salesforce, it will take up to several hours to show in Pardot, despite restarting the page and the whole computer. Lastly, building out emails is extremely difficult as there is a delay in the editor box and the email overview box. Also things like formatting pictures, text etc. are extremely frustrating in comparison to some of the other email platforms I've used in the past.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/27
Sr. Demand Generation Manager
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/19

"Good product"

Comments: I have had a good enough experience with Pardot in terms of onboarding and free ongoing training.

Pros: I like the user interface and free office hours.

Cons: There's no ability to easily update a custom funnel retroactively, but I think this is a limitation for all of the marketing automation tools. Often times, our MQLs, SALs criteria change, and we want to see how our marketing progress has changed retroactively. Lacks a lot of integration with other third party tools.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/19
Vijay S.
Application Development Manager
Information Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/05

"ARCHITECT REVIEW"

Comments: Really Nice thing to work on It was intuitive, useful, efficient. It helped me improve our operations significantly. I'd definitely give it further consideration.It was intuitive, useful, efficient. It helped me improve our operations significantly. I'd definitely give it further consideration.

Pros: It was intuitive, useful, efficient. It helped me improve our operations significantly. I'd definitely give it further consideration.

Cons: It was intuitive, useful, efficient. It helped me improve our operations significantly. I'd definitely give it further consideration.

• Reviewed on 2016/10/05
Ben L.
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/29

"Great automation tool for companies looking to scale email marketing and nurture programs"

Comments: Overall great product. Excellent value for the money.

Pros: Ease of use, lots of functionality (nurture campaigns, social posting, salesforce integration, lots of automation opportunities)

Cons: Customer support is still strong but not as good as it once was (used to have customer support chat feature but recently got rid of it). Better integration of Pardot campaigns with Salesforce campaigns would be great. More integrations with other tools.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/29
Digital Strategy
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/19

"Pardot is a great marketing automation tool"

Comments: I had utilized Pardot in an administrator position, and I really enjoyed using the platform. The system was easy to maintain, and they are making continuing improvements to it as time goes on.

Pros: Pardot is extremely easy to use and navigate through. It's pretty intuitive and the user interface is mostly appealing. It's native integration with Salesforce is also a huge plus.

Cons: The Engagement Studio is great, however, it is lacking more of the intricacies (specifically around flow logic) that other marketing automation platforms allow for.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/19
Mithil P.
Digital Marketing Management
Public Relations & Communications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/16

"A useful tool with a big learning curve"

Comments: I have used Pardot while using Salesforce.com and had an active sales team at my organization. I feel this tool is better utilized by agencies or organizations that have a dedicated sales team. There is just so much the tool does as a whole which a smaller business would not find useful.

Pros: The in-depth integrations across teams and features available for teams to streamline communications.

Cons: The time it takes to learn the tool. It has a long learning curve to equip yourself with enough knowledge about how to use it.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/16
Amanda M.
Digital Marketing Director
Telecommunications, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/16

"Maybe not the best tool for OUR specific use case"

Comments: I prefer a competitor to Pardot from a UX standpoint, however, we had to custom build a LOT of functionality with that tool and salesforce to get the integration we wanted. It is great now, but was painful to get set up. Pardot allows for most of the integration functionality we wanted, especially with SFDC campaigns, right out of the box.

Pros: The close, tight integration with salesforce. There are a significant number of benefits for a demand generation engine to use pardot if they use salesforce CRM.

Cons: The UX isn't great. Adding a hyperlink to a file within an email takes multiple steps within different sections of the tool. Versus other tools I have used, where it can all be executed on the same email editor screen. Contact Records are called prospects, which is fine, but we use the tool for customer communications and this confused a few people at first. The test emails take FOREVER to arrive, although that might have something to do with our SPAM filter. The overall navigation within the tool is not as user friendly.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/16
Bryson E.
eCommerce Coordinator
Consumer Electronics, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/12

"Leading the Way with Leads"

Comments: Pardot helps you benefit from the huge system of Saleforce behind the scenes while creating amazing marketing segments. This software streamlines the once tedious process of finding the right segments with its intuitive features and user-interface. With the tedious parts automated, there is a better chance you will get results from your leads.

Pros: Pardot offers a user-friendly interface with a great system for nurturing prioritized leads. This software helps to streamline a once complex series of logging in and out of multiple platforms just to achieve one results. A great time saver overall.

Cons: I do not like the payment plan set-up. I feel like there are ways to further incentivize this process.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/12
Marketing Specialist (Nordics)
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/15

"Good for those who are already using Salesforce"

Pros: I like how the connection with Salesforce works; I have all my Salesforce leads and campaigns in Pardot so there is little to no need to export or import anything. I also like the Engagement Studio - it is a pretty visual and simple way to set up marketing automation.

Cons: The interface is sometimes unnecessarily complex; the social sharing feature could be improved - especially when a social network changes something, it takes a while to appear on Pardot.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/15
Andy M.
Marketing Manager
Management Consulting
    4,5 /5
    4,5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2016/03/09

"Effective Marketing Automation once you get the hang of it"

Pros: It is a very robust tool that has been able to do accommodate everything we've asked of it. I like that if the functionality of a certain part of the tool can't exactly do what I need it to, there are work-around ways and other functionalities that can be creatively configured or strung together to achieve my goals. I really like the way the drip campaign logic is laid out. Very easy and intuitive. The email editor is also very easy to use. I like that there's always something new to learn. I've been using the tool for almost a year and I'm still finding new functionalities to use.

Cons: It had somewhat of a high learning curve when you first start. But I think that's the case with Marketing Automation platforms in general. I still don't fully understand how to generate value from certain reports.

• Reviewed on 2016/03/09
Ben L.
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/08

"Must have tool for any marketing team"

Comments: The ability to scale a marketing team's effort has never been made easier with Pardot. Super easy to use and totally worth the investment.

Pros: Tracking ability
Implementation of nurture campaigns
Automation rules that remove the manual steps of "what happens next" after a lead are generated.

• Reviewed on 2017/02/08
Jill K.
Marketing
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/24

"Pros and cons of Pardot"

Comments: Better than mail chimp for professional businesses, but can be overly complex at times.

Pros: I like that you can create renderings and very interactively build emails.

Cons: It can be very complex to do little tasks, like adding in a photo. Not to mention if you want to change the template, you need to have CSS/HTML background.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/24
Content Curator / Traffic & Acquisition Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/19

"Helpful for sales but not for marketers"

Pros: Wonderful tracking for leads and creation of drip campaigns. Any company who’s expanding their lead generation efforts and looking to hasten the velocity of closing prospects will definitely find this useful, especially since it is connected to Salesforce.

Cons: Interface and usability needs a lot of improvement. Functionalities for creatives and marketers can become too time-consuming and limiting, especially in terms of customisation of drip emails.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/19
Marvin F.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

"Great for startups 1"

Comments: We use the product to distribute food to the homeless and the needy. The Product has been very helpful in directing our need base as well as following product distribution during the year as our needs change with respect to the financial climate that our clients are experiencing.

Pros: Easy to sue

Cons: expensive for startups

Mark R.
Account Manager
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/10

"Loved This Software!"

Pros: I was using Hubspot before I switched over to Pardot. The best thing about the change was the incredible integration with Google Adwords. It was able to completely integrate with Adwords and helped give advice for better ways to improve.

Cons: This was super costly. That is my biggest complaint. I worked with the sales rep, he was awesome, and was able to get a good discount, but it was still very expensive.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/10
Marvin U.
Associate
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/26

"Pardot integrates nicely with Salesforce, and provides a lot of additional insight."

Pros: Lead Deck Pardot's Lead Deck gives you real-time activity updates of prospect's activity. If a prospect visits your services page, you can receive an update on your screen, and send them an email in one-click.

Cons: Not many integrations While Pardot does have native integration with most of the popular CRMs, they only have 32 third-party apps, which is significantly less than other tools, such as Marketo.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/26
Sally O.
Inside Sales Manager
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/06

"Great product - easy to use"

Comments: We have been using for about 5+ years. Really excited to implement some new features after attending the 2016 Dreamforce Event

Pros: Ease of use

George K.
Market Outreach Specialist
Management Consulting, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/31

"Pardot is an extremely flexible tool that I have come to really enjoy using"

Pros: Soooo many options. Very flexible set of tools lets you adapt Pardot to your end goals. I have been able to use Pardot in several very different scenarios to a high degree of success. (BTW - it's kind of cool how my colleagues throw problems at me and I'm like, "Hmmmm...Pardot has a tool for that...here, let's do this and that and bingo! Success. Done. What else you got?")

• Reviewed on 2017/07/31