• Overall
    4,8 /5
    4,5 /5
    4,8 /5

About MemberPress

MemberPress is the best WordPress Membership Plugin. This Membership Software enables you to charge for access to your site.

Learn more about MemberPress

Terry C.
Data Analyst
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/09

"Great time saver and essential business tool"

Comments: I looked at doing my membership site on my own. This is a no-brainer, time saver that gets me working on my business and my content now.

Pros: MemberPress has the all the tools to create a place to gather your users and provide a community very quickly. The ability to get lessons up, deliver content, and provide value is amazing.

Cons: Some of the integrations take some time to figure out. There has been some learning on my part that slowed things down.

Donna M.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/08

"Memberpress is the best!"

Comments: Awesome

Pros: I like the ease of use - can set up a new product, membership, rule in just minutes.

Cons: Would like to track coupons on same export as transactions.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/08
Memory M.
Website Design Lead
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees

"Great membership plugin"

Comments: There are a lot of features available with MemberPress. There's definitely a learning curve that comes with setting up and using the plugin, but they have a lot of helpful videos explaining the various features and how to use them. Also, if you get on the mailing list, they send out regular emails, in the beginning, telling you about all the features available. We were so busy that we didn't have time to read many of them, and there are probably some benefits that we are missing out on because we didn't read them. But regardless, it's definitely served us well and helped up increase our membership numbers.

Pros: Once set up, the plugin makes taking payments and keeping track of members a breeze. It's all mostly automated so there's not a lot of extra work that needs to be put into collecting information, sending email responses, taking payments, etc.

Cons: We switched from a different membership plugin to use this one because it offered more features. It's been a couple of years since setting it up so it's hard to remember exactly what issues we faced, but I do remember that transferring our member info from the old site to the new one wasn't very intuitive. We had to type out all of their info because we couldn't find a way to export the info from the old plugin and import it into MemberPress. That was tedious but, like I said, it's been a couple of years so future updates may have addressed that problem and made the transfer process easier.

Amanda H.
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/01

"Good Solution for Membership Website"

Comments: It’s been great so far!

Pros: This software integrates easily in Wordpress websites. While the UI is a little challenging, the software is very feature-rich.

Cons: The transaction vs subscription relationship is confusing. Also, the lack of built in directory feature.

Hello Amanda,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. If you'd like assistance understanding the transaction/subscription relationship, please feel free to submit your questions to [email protected] Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you!

Vipin K.
Financial Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/28

"The best membership plugin in the peer group"

Comments: I run a membership product in financial services where users get to access premium content. I tried several other plugins but the most easy to use and implement has been Memberpress.Not to mention at a very competitive price.

Pros: Setting rules, creating memberships and getting signups is a breeze. It is ready to use and launch.

Cons: Except for Paypal, other country specific payment gateways are missing and one will have to do custom work to get them running.

Hello Vipin,
Thanks so much for your thoughtful review. Please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] if you have questions about or need assistance with setting up your payment gateways. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you!

Mark D.
Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/28

"Up and running in less than an hour!"

Comments: So far so good. Someone suggested I try another, less expensive option for my membership site, but everything is working so well with MemberPress that I didn't think the money I would save was worth the trouble.

Pros: MemberPress was so simple to set up. I indicated what pages were to be protected. Set up the various membership levels. Integrated it with the Stripe payment portal. In less than an hour, I was done and people were signing up.

Cons: It took me a few tries to figure out the membership levels, but that's not really a fault of MemberPress. It was more me trying to do things too fast and missing steps in the documentation.

Susan H.
Farming, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/07

"High ROI"

Comments: At the end of the day MemberPress delivered more than expected for the least investment of time and money.

Pros: MemberPress made it possible to free up the most time-consuming job of my membership site: student access to course files. Absolutely love being able to design and implement coupon codes in the blink of an eye allowing me to simply track source of sign-ups.

Cons: It takes an investment of time for the non-technical user.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/07
Libby S.
Director of Operations
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/06

"MemberPress takes it for the win!"

Comments: So far the experience has been stellar! They answered questions quickly while we were setting it up and we have had no hiccups or issues with memberships processing properly.

Pros: What I like most about this software is how easy it was to set up and implement it and the fact that you can set it and forget it. Customer support is fantastic and out of all the software we researched this one had the most to provide us for both settings and integrations with other plugins. We have already paid for this software from our memberships sold!

Cons: There are not too many features missing, although for future developement it would be nice to see some expanding referral/affiliate options.

Jeff P.
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/28

"It's the Leader in Membership Sites"

Comments: We have several companies that are using it for maintaining membership for a scientific genetics company, a sportsman club, a business who has training for its members, and more.

Pros: I have used MemberPress with my clients on very complex projects for years. It is easy for our development team to implement, launch, and pivot if necessary. I highly recommend MemberPress for any company that needs a robust membership site that is there to help and support your efforts.

Cons: I feel the only area where I would like to see it more robust in regards to output are the Member Notices.

Robin M.
Owner, Web & Digital Media Technologist
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/23

"Best Membership Software"

Comments: Support is EXCELLENT. Am using this for multiple clients & working on using it for my own business needs as well. Very excited about the new COURSES tool.

Pros: It delivers what it promises! I researched all the possible membership software available for use on the Wordpress platform and everybody (professional reviewers) put this at the top of the list. It has everything you need to setup any type of membership program you need and integrates with all the top payment gateways.

Cons: There is a little bit of a learning curve (but that is to be expected with such a powerful tool) - especially if you are new to the membership program concept. Would definitely recommend going through ALL the Knowledge base articles & videos FIRST .... know everybody hates to read the manual, but is a necessity here.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/23
Somkiat F.
Microsoft Excel Instructor, MVP
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/10

"You earns more than you pay."

Comments: Very good app. I can earn more than I pay.

Pros: MP has so many functions that help me create a professional community for Microsoft Excel online learning website. I can create rules that control the way members use my videos, courses, and posts. What I like most is email function that I can send to each member in order to communicate, suggest, and help.

Cons: MP should create more videos showing frontend on how user enrolls to course. When I change status from pending to complete, your app works very good for a period of time. Right now I have to enroll courses to each member manually. There is no translation page for each keywords in MP app. Please see samples from Joomla : Memberships Pro. I have to use another app to translate English to Thai. If you can lower price for old member after the first year lower than what I have paid, it will not be the least I like about his software.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/10
Brendan H.
IT Manager
Government Relations, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/29

"Fantastic Membership Platform!"

Comments: Still implementing but I am so impressed with what I think we will be able to do with this software.

Pros: It is the only membership software I was able to find that could allow a single user to have multiple memberships. This was a huge problem for our organization.

Cons: I wish some things were more easily customized without requiring custom coding.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/29
David M.
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/21

"MemberPress is a great solution for membership businesses"

Pros: MemberPress is easy to use and it feels like the perfect solution for what I needed. Even though I got external help with setting it up, the video tutorials inside the platform are up to date and explain everything in-depth.

Cons: Sometimes, it feels overwhelming working with MemberPress. For sure, it depends on how complex you want your membership to be, but from a point, it can feel overwhelming setting up all the things so you can have the desired membership. Maybe this happens with other membership platforms.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/21
John H.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/15

"Memberpress is Awsome"

Comments: Overall all Memberpress is great for managing our users in one place and providing them only products for training using Memberpress.

Pros: The integration of Paypal and now the integration with LMS is perfect for our needs and students. Excellent product.

Cons: Since we are also have Joomla websites it would be great if we could use it with Joomla

• Reviewed on 2021/02/15
Gianpiero C.
Chief Digital Officer
Online Media, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/29

"The best tool at the bet price"

Pros: Memberpress is very helpful to setup quickly a subscription model at a very low price, comparing with similar tools. We integrated in a few days with other plugins to get a customized subscription area.

Cons: It lacks real mechanism for improving performance, because protected content cannot be cached. Better integration with CDNs platform would be appreciated

Hello Gianpiero,
Thank you for sharing such a thorough review! We appreciate your feedback on the interface and will consider it thoughtfully. We're always looking to improve, and reviews like yours help us to do just that! Don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] if you have questions or need assistance. Take care!

• Reviewed on 2020/05/29
Rachel M.
Content Creator
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/09

"Created My Membership Site From Scratch"

Pros: I like that I could figure out how to build my membership site and I'm not a huge tech person. I figured everything out with watching some videos. My knowledge of Wordpress helped me a lot. My website looks good and it's easy to update. I like that I have control over so many aspects of my membership.

Cons: I can't really think of anything that I don't like. I wish that it had more reporting incorporating into it.

Tamsin C.
Web Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/23

"Memberpress is comprehensive and easy to use with great support"

Comments: Really helpful, and nice to communicate with.

Pros: It works! It is easy to understand and use, support is great - quick and helpful - it works really well with wordpress.

Cons: I guess it could be cheaper, as with most things, I would have said not having a courses option but they have added that now, though I have not tested it.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/23
Mark N.
Internet, 2-10 Employees

"Membership Press Review"

Comments: Have deployed these solutions to online media companies setting up with paywalls - and to organisations required to manage members.

Pros: It is relatively easy to deploy and setup for clients.

Cons: Some limitation in functionality .

Stacey P.
Developer
Newspapers, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/09

"Has some great features!"

Comments: Pretty good. Support is fantastic! Wish there were a few more options for setting up the payment system for users. Would love to see an option for multiple purchases on the front end for users.

Pros: Does what I need for the most part. Would love to see a few more options.

Cons: Payment options. Look and options. Missing some options that I needed.

Mark M.
Trainer

"MemberPress"

Comments: After trying out multiple membership plugins, I committed to MemberPress. It's easy to implement, simple to maintain, and gets the job done. No regrets.

Pros: Everything from access rules to coupons to customizing the login form is slick and easy with MemberPress. From a technical standpoint, the integration with Stripe is solid; unlike some membership plugins, MemberPress stores the right information in Stripe instead of using it solely as the payment processor. That's a big advantage when it comes to integrating with other products in conjunction with MemberPress.

Cons: The cost was the only thing that made me hesitate in going with MemberPress. I really wanted to make a free product work, but I couldn't get them to do what I needed. In the end, I have been very happy to invest in MemberPress.

Brett B.
Life Coach
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/08

"Best in the biz!"

Comments: Excellent - this tool has helped me make a lot of money and help a lot of clients

Pros: It's easy to set up and easy to customize. I like to be able to develop my own style and flow and MemberPress is great for that.

Cons: My only suggestion would be to create MemberPress ready websites so you don't have to use it as an add on to another site.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/08
Wil L.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/30

"Easy to use, professional software."

Comments: Using it with a small business information website and using it to make the transactions smooth and professional. Can't have sketchy transactions.

Pros: Very well recommended, easy to learn, easy to teach to clients, robust, quick technical support.

Cons: The price is a bit up there but justified.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/30
Leonardo S.
Design, 2-10 Employees

"Best App Ever"

Pros: Its full of features, you can create a lot of member sites with it.

Cons: The Price of the software in comparison with other options.

Jonathan A.
Retail, 2-10 Employees

"Excellent"

Pros: Easy setup, works seamlessly with WordPress.

Cons: Difficult to customize form elements and customer-facing pages

Ray B.
Hospitality, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/13

"Top Notch Support and useability"

Pros: The implementation was very straight forward even though I have a very difficult set of use cases, I was able to get what I needed done with their support

Cons: no social registration that is native to the tool and the removal of the woocommerce integration.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/13