MemberPress Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About MemberPress

MemberPress is the best WordPress Membership Plugin. This Membership Software enables you to charge for access to your site.

Learn more about MemberPress

Marie P.
Marie P.
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/28

"After Much Research, It Was a Great Choice"

Comments: I love having my membership site ready to go without weeks of work to get there.

Pros: I liked how easy it was to put my private pages behind a paywall. It was quite user friendly.

Cons: I did have some difficulty adding Stripe and Paypal and lacked confidence that it all worked, but in the end it did! Also, it did not integrate with my email provider, SendinBlue.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/28
Miles W.
Owner Operator Magicmiles Software
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/06

"Best Software In Its Class!"

Comments: I use MEMBERPRESS. It does everything you could want and more. I run a subscription based video site. User buys a subscription to my exclusive content on a 3 month basis, or a year long basis. Credit card processing is handled by any number of services. Content is protected 6 ways from sunday. NO ONE is getting access to my content. No one. I use Amazon S3 as the video host, so with another plugin, you can virtually run a video content site, with no load on the live server whatsoever. All the video is pulled from amazon and piped through to the user’s browser request at whatever speed they can handle. Memberpress makes this simple and painless with it's own S3 Access Plugin. Basically I write an article, post a video and attach it to the article. When a user comes to the page, they see the article and the video. Amazon hosts the video, and memberpress protects the content from unauthorized access. The cool part about this is that MemberPress only shows the user what I want them to see in the article. IF they’re a free user, they see X, if there a gold user, they see Y, if they’re a platinum user they see Z. Billing, and All other transactions happen seamlessly, if I need to see a transaction I can. I can cancel or hold any individual or all transactions from the admin screen. If I want to market directly to a group, I can. If I want to send out mail to a long mailing list of users, I can do w/ a built-in 3rd party tool. This thing has so many features, it's crazy.

Pros: The ease and timeliness with which I was able to set up a paywall for my instructional videos as well as to set up payment tiers, and payment services that were exceptionally painless. Really the only tedium with MemberPress is having to collect the cash. If it did that then I'd be happier.

Cons: This a small thing, and it really is tiny, when needing to pull a user account, and look at it, it would be nice if I could look at the user account from the USERS list to see their full access and what their capabilities are. It's one more step that you ideally don't want to have to do.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/06
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/05

"Outstanding Features! Superb Support!"

Comments: It solves the need of our organization with course and membership management. No plugin in WordPress yet can do such as of writing this review.

Pros: The 2-in-1 feature of Course and Membership plugin for WordPress is very convenient for setting up our course site. The support is also outstanding and helps to solve the errors quickly.

Cons: The limitations in course completion. However integration with other features like gamepress is great

• Reviewed on 2021/02/05
Jim briant B.
Boss
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/22

"The ONLY one"

Comments: The best solution for subscription type e-learning or for restricting your content. Sadly it is a little bit hard to customize if you’re new to this and the design with regards to payment methods or log in are flat “boring”. The courses “new feature”, needs a lot of things to improve, I don’t even know how to use it and I can’t use elementor with it and has no quizzes available yet. There is also not enough guide on how to use it, the guy from youtube is confusing. Overall with regards to content protection I love it. I forgot to mention, some customers who request for password reset don’t receive any reply - again maybe I don’t know how to set it up.

Pros: I really love the access restrictions, wherein you can select any content that you want to block.

Cons: The new feature “Courses” needs at lot of improvement and also need more guide on how to use it.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/22
Michael B.
digital designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/08/30

"Easy to use with plenty of features and great for developers"

Comments: My overall experience has been great and i would highly recommend this product. i will also use it on my other future client sites.

Pros: I am using Memberpress in conjunction with its addon 'Corporate addon' to allow my users to create teams, with parent and child accounts. This plugin is brilliant in what it offers out of the box. It is very easy to configure and as a developer is easy to work with.

Cons: There is a fair bit of trial and error to get to what you need it to do, however I would consider this normal anyway. I did find it hard to work out if you can restrict users to only one membership or not and will need to ask support directly for this information. IF you cannot add such a restriction, i would consider this a negative. It is a little on the expensive side (at full price the cost of the pro version would come in at $2995 over the course of 5 years)

Wale A.
Wale A.
Editor
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/14

"MemberPress is good, but it could also get better."

Comments: I considered a few alternatives before settling for MemberPress. So far, I can say that I made the right choice. Even though it lacks certain features, the core functionality it provides makes it the perfect fit.

Pros: MemberPress gives you all the things you need to build a functional membership site on WordPress. While working on a client's website, it was the only WP membership plugin that allowed me to use a local payment gateway (PayStack) right out of the box by installing a ready-made addon. There was absolutely no need to buy this separately or manually write the code for it. Also, being able to create corporate membership is a big plus.

Cons: MemberPress lacks a member directory with complete profiles on the front end. I've seen some WP membership plugin with this and this makes one wonder why it's not included.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/14
Jay T.
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/08

"Everything you could want"

Pros: It’s extensive range of features and easy installation.

Cons: Some of the setup is a bit tricky and requires extensive reading but this is a minor problem.

Lisa D.
Developer
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/09

"Solid Product With Good Support"

Comments: Customer support has been much better than average. There is a lot of functionality built into the product which can be leveraged over time as needed.

Pros: The software allowed us to integrate our master club database with the club website. We were able to relatively easily integrate login functionality into our site and restrict content to members only. The email features are also very good. And, most importantly the import/export of data functionality is easy to use and allows us to keep everything in sync with our master database.

Cons: We had to use a third party plugin to have the login/out status appear on the screen. Could you build something into the product? Customizing the wording/fields on the provided pages is cumbersome and requires overrides to be manually entered into configuration files.

Ross J.
Sports, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/23

"Memberpress Best Platform For Subscription Sites"

Comments: My business has traditionally required me to travel the globe and teach horsemanship. But in these times of covid 19, that's not possible. Memberpress has enabled me to earn income by attracting subscribers to my web site to view video and other forms of content. It's been a very rewarding experience and has helped build a community of my students.

Pros: Memberpress has all the features I need in a subscription platform and integrates easily with Wordpress. There are a lot of great tutorials and information on the site for first-time users like me and the support team are timely and very helpful.

Cons: As a non-tech person I'd like to see more flexibility in customising the inbuilt pages (eg Unauthorised page) using a visual builder rather than code

• Reviewed on 2020/10/23
Scott G.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/14

"Still the Best Member Software Around!"

Comments: Flawless!!!

Pros: I've been using MemberPress for over 5 years. It was brilliant back then and has continued to evolve. I use it personally on my own site, as well as recommend and have running with numerous clients. It's always worked flawlessly but the look and feel has continued to improve with each update. Very easy to use as both developer, end client users and members. Highly recommend!!

Cons: Early look and feel customisations were an issue but that can be overcome as developer knowledge progresses- or a child theme with custom css.

Mark N.
Head of Product | Lead Engineer
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/09

"A No-Brainer"

Pros: Memberpress was incredibly easy to install and configure to get subscription income rolling for our business.

Cons: I wish I had a way to do a more dynamic membership. As it is, I have about 300 different memberships to manage, when the pricing is all linear based on a particular custom field (#of licenses) granted by each. I wish this could be defined as one membership with a multiplier to calculate the value of the price and the value of that custom field.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/09
Peter L.
Senior Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/09

"The best membership plugin for Wordpress!"

Comments: MemberPress ticks all of the boxes for our clients. It makes the membership subscription process 100% easier for our clients. Compared to the other membership plugins that we have had the opportunity to use, Membership by far has been the best one by far!

Pros: Easy to install and set up. It integrates into WordPress very easily. Setting up a payment processor and additional Add-ons is extremely easy. Setting up rules is simple and effective. Setting up membership plans is a breeze. Support was able to answer any questions that by email which was great.

Cons: It's repetitive if you need to manually set up subscriptions and transactions for existing WordPress users if you manually import your list. It would be nice to be able to one click make all account active and then take subscription payments for the next billing cycle.
The membership plan page options to display the plans are horrible. You do need to have some CSS/Programming knowledge to make this look nice. It would be nice to have a comparison table to showcase the membership plans nicely.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/09
Rachel R.
Owner, Founder
Financial Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/04

"Powering my Audience Growth!"

Comments: I have grown my community to over 150 members thanks to Memberpress. I love that it handles every transaction, allows for custom fields upon purchase, and the fact that there are member-specific pages that I can fully design myself using my preferred plugin.

Pros: Memberpress is user-friendly and I love that I can create member-specific webpages that are completely customizable!

Cons: I am trying to learn how to incorporate e-courses using Memberpress. I do wish the software incorporated memberships, courses, AND digital download sales. Additionally, I see cart abandonment occurring because there are several fields to fill out on my website AND on PayPal if the customer doesn't have a PayPal account.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/04
Jeffrey H.
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/18

"Trending Up"

Comments: Everything worked as expected without needing any help from support (I'm a designer, not a developer). The only issue I found was getting Memberpress supplied addons to work out of the box but was able to find workarounds. Overall, Memberpress got the job done without being in the way of the project.

Pros: It was fairly straightforward to set up though I did have to consult the generous help options provided.

Cons: Too many hidden gems, such as the add-ons. Integration with other plugins wasn't as straightforward as I would have liked.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/18
Leila B.
Artist
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/08

"Great plugin and really easy to use"

Comments: Really easy to use and beginner friendly.

Pros: As a complete beginner, I found this really easy to set up and use. Great tutorials. Integrates well with Wordpress and Elementor.

Cons: At the beginning, I wished there was an integrated LMS - now there is! I also wish you had reward/gamification and quiz integrations - I hope you make these too?

Andrea M.
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/01

"The Best Choice"

Comments: I have nothing but good things to say about MemberPress. When I started looking at how to operate my membership, I was overwhelmed with the options. After much research, I narrowed my choice down to MemberPress and I'm so pleased I did.

Pros: MemberPress does everything I needed it to do, and more. Setting it up was a breeze, and tech support is second to none.

Cons: It would be nice to have the ability to "unlock" content on a case by case basis, but I've managed to work my way around this.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/01
Sofia P.
Program Launch Strategist
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/14

"I love everything about MemberPress"

Comments: Very satisfied with the overall experience with MemberPress and use them often when building membership sites for clients.

Pros: Its functionality and easy setup features. Extensive customisable options and quick integration with payment gateways. Customer service is great and fast to respond to questions and willing to login to solve the problems promptly. Very elaborate tutorial library for when we feel stuck with anything that we are setting up.

Cons: Even though MP integrates with a wide variety of 3rd party apps they are still a few missing that I could benefit from. Also more payment gateways options for those that can't use Paypal or Stripe.

Erick G.
Erick G.
DIrector
Public Relations & Communications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/08/30

"Overall, an excellent product."

Comments: It took some time setting everything up the exact way we needed it, but there are plenty of FAQs and video tutorials that got us there in a fair amount of time.
Once set up, editing and tweaking certain things is easy. There haven't been any issues with payments and debiting our members' accounts. So far the software has worked exactly as it's supposed.
Overall, we are very happy and will carry on using MemberPress for the foreseeable future.

Pros: -Great support with in-depth FAQs and video tutorials.
-No errors or glitches. Everything works the way I've set it up to.
-Plenty of options and capabilities for what we need now and what we might even use in the future. So many features.

Cons: -Took some time to understand how everything works and to set up everything in the exact way that we needed to use it.
-Limited payment gateway support.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/10

"One tool for all tasks"

Pros: The multiple ways of setting up tiers of membership access within the site and even within an individual page.

Cons: lack of an integrated login button or function. A 3rd party sstem is required which creates a vulnerability in my opinion.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/10
Jami K.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/09

"Memberpress is easy to implement and use"

Pros: Memberpress made it super easy for me to get my membership started. It works well!

Cons: I wish that they released new features more often and that I had a way to share my ideas about what the software would benefit most from.

Yanique B.
Entrepreneur
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/09

"So GOOOODD!"

Comments: Overall it's been great and I recommend it to other coaches as well!

Pros: I love that I can customize my site myself and have full control. I also like that I don't have to send customers to other sites and pay those fees for hosting my course.

Cons: There have been little weird kinks like with processing discount codes, but when I contacted MemberPress they were aware of this issue and gave me an easy way around it.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/09
Glen C.
VP & CIO
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/30

"MemberPress is Great!"

Pros: Everything about MemberPress is great! It does every thing I need and more. Tech support is great on the rare occasion I need them.

Cons: No Cons! MemberPress does everything I need and more!

• Reviewed on 2021/06/30
Jp F.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/29

"Great for multiple types of Memberships"

Comments: Easy administration and setup after learning curve.

Pros: MemberPress helped us solve the issue of having multiple clients on one platform working alongside our LMS. With Individual's and corporations using our platform, it was very was to segment each into their own group with specific courses and groups.

Cons: Real life video examples. The learning curve is a bit hard especially with groups/rules/coupons, but after you learn the in/outs of the software, its good.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/29
Stacey P.
Developer
Newspapers, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/09

"Has some great features!"

Comments: Pretty good. Support is fantastic! Wish there were a few more options for setting up the payment system for users. Would love to see an option for multiple purchases on the front end for users.

Pros: Does what I need for the most part. Would love to see a few more options.

Cons: Payment options. Look and options. Missing some options that I needed.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/07

"One tool for all tasks"

Pros: Memberpress has been a great tool to manage various tiers of membership access a large complex website whilst creating a secure e-commerce subscription system.
I also love that I can create members only content within a single page.

Cons: There is no incorporated 'login/logout' code.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/07