• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,7 /5

About Resource Guru

Web-based resource scheduling app with leave management, personal dashboards, clash management, team visibility and collaboration.

Learn more about Resource Guru

Myroslav P.
Integration Services Manager
Construction, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/03

"Simple and very easy to use resource scheduling\tracking app."

Comments: Resource Guru is a great resource scheduling application for a simple use cases. It does what it promises perfectly. The UI is very friendly and pleasant - make for a great user experience. I used it to track the tasks for my team for almost a year. I would have kept using it but the company mandated a different tracking system and I had to abandon it. I like that Resource Guru'a focus on their product and customer service. I also appreciated the slow introduction of new features. Overall, very pleasant and satisfactory experience with a great application.

Pros: - Ease of use
- Very pleasant UI
- Flexibility

Cons: - Lack of features. The application does the simple scheduling\tracking perfectly though.
- Copy\paste of resource tasks was not available at the time

• Reviewed on 2020/02/03
Pj S.
Industrial Automation Operations Leader
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/25

"Clean, easy to use software with lots of room for growth"

Comments: Overall, Resource Guru has been a welcome addition to our operational process. I have thoroughly enjoyed using the software so far and it has certainly made things easier on myself and my team. Although I have a long list of things I think the software can improve on, I hope to work with the development team to open a dialogue on these additions. I know that our application for the software may be unique, but I'm sure the developments will be appreciated by others as well.

Pros: Resource Guru is a very clean-looking software that provides an ease of use unlike I've seen in other products. No training was required to bring my team online with the software, much of it is intuitive. I appreciate the professional look and feel as well as the simplistic interface. Filtering is something that is crucial to our business, and while I love the functionality of it there is definitely room for improvement. Through implementing small workarounds we were able to bring this software online for a team of over 100 field service engineers with very short turnaround (less than three weeks of overlap between the old software and Resource Guru).

Cons: While Resource Guru provides a clean and simple software, at times I find it too simple. There are some features that are built in some places but not others. For example I have the option of custom tags for filtering Resources. I can build out a filter for region, city, desired schedule, skillets, or even favorite food if I want to. However, none of this applies to Projects. I would love to be able to filter projects by region, city, state, or custom tags like skillset and software required. It seems to me that the exact same functionality could be copied and pasted over to Projects. There are other minor tweaks to be made, like exiting a window. Sometimes I am met with an "are you sure you want to exit" window because I'm currently editing something, but more often than not I am allowed to simply click outside the window or hit escape and all of the editing in progress is lost. Furthermore, it would be nice to be able to input repeating holidays or events. For example, New Year's Day is always on January 1st. Why do I have to scroll forward and manually input this holiday every year? It would be great to just set it and forget it. Another addition I would love to see is the ability to mark jobs/projects as tentative or unconfirmed. This could be in the form of a checkbox that adds a gradient to the job so it looks different than the rest. Something simple to differentiate it from confirmed projects is all I'm looking for.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/25
Ross O.
Director of Solution Delivery
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/28

"Daily Resource Guru user"

Comments: As mentioned above, the web based ease of use and reporting functionality make Resource Guru a trusted tool for maintaining and tracking our resource based projects. Highly recommend!

Pros: My company chose Resource Guru because of the web based interface. We've stayed for the ease of use and robust reporting functionality. We are able to extract daily, monthly, and yearly (or custom) reports and easily create Excel pivot tables for internal analyzing. This feature alone is extremely beneficial to our company.

Cons: No dark theme. It's only a minor thing but would really like to see the quality of life feature added to future versions.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/28
Jane D.
Project Coordinator
Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/24

"Saves us so much time and energy"

Comments: Friendly staff, and very quick response time.

Pros: The ease of use and availability of the schedule to all of our users - even when they are on the road has made everyone's job easier. It was quickly adopted - even by the technophobes in our company - as it was so intuitive.
Gives a great 'at-a-glance' view of everything we have coming up an the reporting options are great too.

Cons: It would be nice to be able to have a 'confirmed/unconfirmed' option (or something similar but, in the meantime, we have workarounds.

Russ U.
Manager, Project & Technical Implementations
Medical Devices, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/01

"Awesome Tool for Resource Management"

Comments: We moved from a home-grown Excel sheet to Resource Guru and it has made a HUGE improvement in employee satisfaction, clarity of assignments, and projecting resource constraints and availability.

Pros: Easy to use! Straight-forward user interface.

Cons: I would love to see an easy way to see date/time of when an entry was placed on the schedule and who placed it there. It would be nice to have an "audit" trail of what changed, when, and by whom.

by Resource Guru on 2021/03/03

Hi Russ

Thanks for sharing your feedback :) We don't currently support a timesheets feature, but this is firmly on our roadmap for the future.
In the meantime you might be able to create your own DIY activity log by sending changes in your account to a spreadsheet using Zapier. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

Michelle

• Reviewed on 2021/03/01
Jon M.
Senikor Director PMO
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/21

"Useful too for transparency across teams"

Comments: Any questions I had were answered clearly and quickly. They are very accommodating and the tool has improved over the last 6 months as well. It has helped us streamline utilization and project assignments.

Pros: I love how easy it is to see a view of availability across multiple team members at the same time. I love the ability to color coordinate projects for an easy view of some major projects across multiple team members. Also easy to allow others permission to log in and see their utilization as well.

Cons: I have to manually enter in recurring meetings. I have not mastered an easy way to automate getting our clients and projects into the tool. would be good to multi select projects as well to get them closed or cleaned up.

by Resource Guru on 2019/11/22

Hi Jon

Thanks for sharing your feedback - it's great to see you've given us 5 stars! You said you would like to import projects, and I wanted to let you know you can do this quickly using our Zapier integration, as shown here: https://blog.resourceguruapp.com/importing-projects-into-resource-guru-using-zapier/

I also wanted to mention that bulk editing and non-sequential repeat booking (i.e. a booking that repeats weekly/monthly) is very firmly on our roadmap. In the meantime you can use SHIFT+drag to copy bookings :)

I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you at any point, please just let us know.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/21
Dale M.
President and Creative Director

"Fantastic tool"

Comments: Excellent. It has been a fantastic tool for our lean, high-performance business.

Pros: Intuitive, easy to use, efficient. Simplified our weekly and monthly production planning radically, allowing us to focus more effort on forecasting production load, maintaining workload balance and ensuring good capacity to execute our projects.

Cons: Doesn't yet have the ability to set recurring events. Drag and drop functions are sometimes unstable, particularly with cloud syncing.

Pedro D.
Operations Director - Digital
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/24

"Resource Management Made Easy"

Comments: Overall the solution is very robust and solid at what it does. It has been used for over 5+ years and does it job well. I would like to see a bit more is product feature evolution in terms of workflow management/triggers as mentioned.

Pros: The filtering capabilities allows different user roles to manage their teams easily and also find relevant skills in the agency. Many people have hidden skills and talents and having them searchable allows us to tap into these.

Cons: I would like to see more API integration efforts made into other applications.
I would like to see workflow triggers to handle people picking up work (validation) or not picking up work because they haven't been briefed in (trigger notification to manager) to help actually manage the validation of the acceptable of work by the individuals instead of having to follow up. This would remove a lot of chasing and admin.

Nikki K.
Graphic Designer
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/15

"A great way of organising your day"

Pros: That you can easily move jobs around if they need to change and can book off holiday time and meeting time so that you don't overbook yourself.

Cons: The waiting time bit could be better if time is overbooked - doesn't allow for different lengths of working days.

by Resource Guru on 2018/01/17

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can most definitely customise the availability of each of your resources on a daily basis - not every day has to have the same availability.

You can set resources normal availability (which is the availability which repeats on a weekly basis) and you can also create availability exceptions if you need to make a temporary change to someone's normal availability.

You might find this article on resource availability useful https://help.resourceguruapp.com/customer/portal/articles/2162590

I hope this helps, but please get in touch if you have any questions. We're always happy to help!

• Reviewed on 2018/01/15
Jessica A.
IT PMO Manager
Construction, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/24

"Resource Guru - helps tackle lack of resource visibility"

Comments: We are now able to track all of the resources within our department and run metrics on what is being worked on and what our utilisation is across IT. We also use this as a recharging model to our businesses so this is a vital piece of software.

Pros: The software is an easy to use format with searchable features and the ability to track personal from their actual hours work to the forecast showing future demand. The ability to allow resources to book against multiple codes and be organised in multiple teams means that reporting from the tool provides vital details for our KPI's and metrics, helping drive improvements and efficiencies within our organisation

Cons: There is a limited pipeline of change and growth of the software, which does not allow development in areas that would be useful to our company.

Brittany N.
Producer
Broadcast Media, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/02

"Pretty Good"

Pros: Its pretty user friendly. Not complicated to start implementing.

Cons: I find some of the defaults don't make as much sense and can cause unnecessary extra steps.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/02
Steve C.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/13

"The entire team are there to make sure your experience with the product is easy and beneficial."

Comments: Provided visibility and allowed tracking of the team members, contract end dates and the ability to generate accurate invoices for the customer

Pros: The product is easy to use and allows the administrator to manage teams, plan and review previous activities.
It can be used for recording or planning and gives a level of visibility that is lacking in a number of products.
Although the team are constantly looking at ways to improve the product, it never strays away from its core and prime functionality. Many products try to grow into a bigger, wider space and lose the key elements that attracted customers to the product in the first place.
A customer of ours was so impressed with the product that they too purchased it after seeing the value it afforded us.

Cons: It would be great if there was an App which could be opened rather than a web browser, although this is only a minor consideration with the number of browsers out there.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/13
Ben F.
Senior Associate
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/24

"Great resource scheduling tool"

Pros: I love the ease of use and functionality to add and change bookings.

Cons: I'd like that their is an app version to make navigation on a mobile a bit easier.

Paul C.
Production Director
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/26

"Visual planning delivered"

Pros: Visual planning helps me tremendously. Resource Guru has everything I need.

Cons: Lack of integration with Teamwork, I'd love be to see a two way integration that passes jobs/tasks/dates between the two tools.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/26
Dennis V.
Director creative operations
Marketing & Advertising, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/24

"Guru will get your team into gear"

Comments: At any time the producers and project managers have a full overview of what the creative team is up to, if they have time to work on other projects and their availability. it is easy to work with for top line planning and for in-detail remarks or instructions. As you can limit the workdays to 8 hours it becomes quicky apparent if additional resources are needed as you create "on hold" projects.

Pros: it is easy to plan projects and see what every team member is working on, when holidays are happening and their general availability. No more questioning what they should be working on when their project manager is not around.

Cons: it suits the purpose I have for it, but it would be great if you would be able to archive non-active projects easier than handling them one by one.

Ed V.
facilities and IT manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/09

"Guru Review for you"

Comments: The program solves our equipment and people scheduling issues. Our staff can book and pre-book. From a business stand point I can quickly see ahead at how busy we are. I can run reports to see the utilization of our equipment and staff. This gives me some data I can use to see if more equipment or staff are required.

Pros: Cost. We don't have to limit how much we add to the schedule (people or equipment) because of the licensing cost. Because of that we use it more extensively and therefore get even more value from it.

Cons: The pictorial Guru and daily saying I like personally, but I have heard the comments from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that it takes away from the professional feel of the program.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/09
Rachel G.
Environmental Scientist
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/20

"Generally an excellent tool"

Pros: I like how easy it is to track my schedule, my colleagues schedules, and our communal equipment.

Cons: I dislike getting the email with my daily schedule at midnight. I'm not sure if this is a company setting, or if the email could be moved to a more useful time or cancelled completely. It would be helpful to get an email if your schedule has been changed for the next 48 hours or similar.

by Resource Guru on 2019/09/24

Hi Rachel

Thanks for your feedback! We do have plans to let you change the time of the daily schedule email in future, but in the meantime if you'd prefer to turn it off you can do this in your Settings by following the walkthrough here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942114-switching-off-daily-schedule-email-notifications

• Reviewed on 2019/09/20
Kevin R.
Creative Director
Broadcast Media, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/27

"The Best Way to Manage my Creative Team"

Comments: I use it daily to monitor the workflow of my team and to assign new projects. It’s also a great tool to review work that has been produced across our different broadcast channels over the past year. I can see each week at a glance and click into each project for more detail. It’s a great tool to see who is across each project and who is on leave. The best tool we have for maintaining a steady workflow that is visible to various stakeholders.

Pros: At a glance I can see daily what each member of my creative team are working on. I can manage the flow of work easily and see where the availability is for more work to be assigned. The software is easy to use and the best I’ve used in my 25 yrs of working in television.

Cons: There’s currently nothing that I don’t like.

Nil P.
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/16

"Just works"

Pros: It's online, live, easy to use and easy to update, GUI is nice, all information is easy in a GANTT style.

Cons: Not available on a phone!!! Needs an app, some copy paste/duplicate features could be added. Should sync better to iCal and be updatable from iCal to RG.

by Resource Guru on 2018/01/19

Hi Nil

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can most definitely copy and paste in Resource Guru - just use SHIFT+drag. You'll find a demonstration of this and other handy tips in our Help Center here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/customer/en/portal/topics/839971-little-tips/articles

I also wanted to let you know that dedicated mobile apps and two way calendar sync are firmly on our roadmap :)

Thanks again, and please don't be a stranger if there's anything we can do to help!

• Reviewed on 2018/01/16
Will B.
Technical Support
Utilities, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/21

"Guru Review"

Pros: Easy to set up different types of Projects. You can slide from page to page.

Cons: Hard to schedule two or more projects in a day.

by Resource Guru on 2020/04/24

Hi Will,
Thanks for sharing your review.
Sorry to hear you struggled to schedule more than two projects a day. You can schedule as many projects as you like, as long as the bookings fit within your resources availability. You can learn more about booking clashes here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942080-booking-clashes-the-waiting-list-overtime-and-capacity-planning

Let me know if you need any help with it.

Michelle

• Reviewed on 2020/04/21
Régis C.
Head of Operations
Graphic Design, 51-200 Employees

"Really good software"

Pros: Easy of use
Clear and simple interface
Reports

Cons: Extensions to third party software
Only classic planning view, it could be useful to have a capacity view

by Resource Guru on 2019/09/26

Hi Regis! I wanted to follow up on your review to mention we do have an availability bar that you can toggle on or off, which shows capacity. You can find some more information about that here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942098-using-the-availability-bar

This is hidden by default to de-clutter the schedule, but might be useful to you!

Cheers,
Kayla

Front Office Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/06

"The Resource Guru Support is Top Notch!"

Pros: Our use of Resource Guru is sort of out of the box. We use it for scheduling barn space in the Agriculture Industry. The support team has always stepped up to find ways to enable Resource Guru to fit with our unique needs. If it works this well for our out of the box use, imagine how well it works for it's intended purpose. For us, the reasonable price has been worth the gamble of using a software not meant for our intended use.

Cons: In our out of the box use, the biggest con - is the speed at which the software moves from page to page. However, this might not be Resource Guru's fault. It could be our internet capabilities, or the amount of data we plug in for our purpose. For our use, I'm looking a 15-17 week time frame, like most people look at a 8-10 hour work day. If you use the software as it's intended, this probably wouldn't be a problem.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/06
Mats N.
Art Director
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/13

"Guru"

Pros: Easy overview of daily and weekly tasks.

Cons: As just auser it's impossible to move (or remove) my own scheduled events

by Resource Guru on 2020/02/14

Hi Mats

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :) I wanted to let you know that you can edit or delete bookings which have been made for you if you have sufficient permissions. I'd recommend speaking to an administrator in your account to request increased permissions if required.

If there's anything else we can do for you at any point, please just let us know!

• Reviewed on 2020/02/13
Kevin R.
Technical Solutions Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/06

"Great Solution for Problem Management"

Pros: We use the out of office option which allows any responses to jump back into the queue in case one of our Techs is unavailable. This one little feature has dramatically decreased resolution time while increasing customer satisfaction.

Cons: When merging tickets the windows aren't big enough. It's manageable but would be nicer if the windows were bigger.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/06
Alex R.
COO
Computer Games, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/27

"Squash out your excel files for assignments"

Comments: It allows you to set up the whole production team with just a few clicks. The customer service is highly responsive and reliable

Pros: Automates a lot of manual stuff and gives you insightful reports

Cons: Reporting could be more detailed, but can be overcome