Resource Guru Reviews

by Resource Guru

Filter by:

• Overall

About Resource Guru

Web-based resource scheduling app with leave management, personal dashboards, clash management, team visibility and collaboration.

Learn more about Resource Guru

Myroslav P.
Myroslav P.
Integration Services Manager
Construction, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/03

"Simple and very easy to use resource scheduling\tracking app."

Comments: Resource Guru is a great resource scheduling application for a simple use cases. It does what it promises perfectly. The UI is very friendly and pleasant - make for a great user experience. I used it to track the tasks for my team for almost a year. I would have kept using it but the company mandated a different tracking system and I had to abandon it. I like that Resource Guru'a focus on their product and customer service. I also appreciated the slow introduction of new features. Overall, very pleasant and satisfactory experience with a great application.

Pros: - Ease of use
- Very pleasant UI
- Flexibility

Cons: - Lack of features. The application does the simple scheduling\tracking perfectly though.
- Copy\paste of resource tasks was not available at the time

• Reviewed on 2020/02/03
Russ U.
Manager, Project & Technical Implementations
Medical Devices, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/01

"Awesome Tool for Resource Management"

Comments: We moved from a home-grown Excel sheet to Resource Guru and it has made a HUGE improvement in employee satisfaction, clarity of assignments, and projecting resource constraints and availability.

Pros: Easy to use! Straight-forward user interface.

Cons: I would love to see an easy way to see date/time of when an entry was placed on the schedule and who placed it there. It would be nice to have an "audit" trail of what changed, when, and by whom.

by Resource Guru on 2021/03/03

Hi Russ

Thanks for sharing your feedback :) We don't currently support a timesheets feature, but this is firmly on our roadmap for the future.
In the meantime you might be able to create your own DIY activity log by sending changes in your account to a spreadsheet using Zapier. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

Michelle

• Reviewed on 2021/03/01
Ross O.
Director of Solution Delivery
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/28

"Daily Resource Guru user"

Comments: As mentioned above, the web based ease of use and reporting functionality make Resource Guru a trusted tool for maintaining and tracking our resource based projects. Highly recommend!

Pros: My company chose Resource Guru because of the web based interface. We've stayed for the ease of use and robust reporting functionality. We are able to extract daily, monthly, and yearly (or custom) reports and easily create Excel pivot tables for internal analyzing. This feature alone is extremely beneficial to our company.

Cons: No dark theme. It's only a minor thing but would really like to see the quality of life feature added to future versions.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/28
Pj S.
Industrial Automation Operations Leader
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/25

"Clean, easy to use software with lots of room for growth"

Comments: Overall, Resource Guru has been a welcome addition to our operational process. I have thoroughly enjoyed using the software so far and it has certainly made things easier on myself and my team. Although I have a long list of things I think the software can improve on, I hope to work with the development team to open a dialogue on these additions. I know that our application for the software may be unique, but I'm sure the developments will be appreciated by others as well.

Pros: Resource Guru is a very clean-looking software that provides an ease of use unlike I've seen in other products. No training was required to bring my team online with the software, much of it is intuitive. I appreciate the professional look and feel as well as the simplistic interface. Filtering is something that is crucial to our business, and while I love the functionality of it there is definitely room for improvement. Through implementing small workarounds we were able to bring this software online for a team of over 100 field service engineers with very short turnaround (less than three weeks of overlap between the old software and Resource Guru).

Cons: While Resource Guru provides a clean and simple software, at times I find it too simple. There are some features that are built in some places but not others. For example I have the option of custom tags for filtering Resources. I can build out a filter for region, city, desired schedule, skillets, or even favorite food if I want to. However, none of this applies to Projects. I would love to be able to filter projects by region, city, state, or custom tags like skillset and software required. It seems to me that the exact same functionality could be copied and pasted over to Projects. There are other minor tweaks to be made, like exiting a window. Sometimes I am met with an "are you sure you want to exit" window because I'm currently editing something, but more often than not I am allowed to simply click outside the window or hit escape and all of the editing in progress is lost. Furthermore, it would be nice to be able to input repeating holidays or events. For example, New Year's Day is always on January 1st. Why do I have to scroll forward and manually input this holiday every year? It would be great to just set it and forget it. Another addition I would love to see is the ability to mark jobs/projects as tentative or unconfirmed. This could be in the form of a checkbox that adds a gradient to the job so it looks different than the rest. Something simple to differentiate it from confirmed projects is all I'm looking for.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/25
Nancy E.
Location Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/17

"Resource Guru Review"

Comments: Everyone has access to the schedule so each developer or designer not only knows what they're supposed to be working on, but what others are working on. We can schedule months into the future which helps us as we have projects that last months, not weeks.

Pros: It's easy to use. Everyone can see what's on the schedule or what they are supposed to be working on. I can see how long a project is in our production queue to ascertain when we'll be finished. I can schedule vacations so others know which resources are available on which date.

Cons: The times are sometimes not correct. It seems to think a work day is twelve hours long, instead of eight. It's hard to schedule several projects in the same day. It's easiest to assign a project for the whole day.

by Resource Guru on 2019/07/25

Hi Nancy - thanks for your review. I just wanted to question a couple of things you wrote in the Cons section. You said the times are sometimes not correct - I'd love it if you can send us an example so we can troubleshoot it for you - we are not aware of this happening to any of our customers.

You also said, "It seems to think a work day is twelve hours long". I'm not sure where you see this info - it would be good to assist you further with this. By default a day is 8h long, but Normal Availability is totally customisable at a resource level - this is actually a feature we have that other products we've reviewed don't.

Finally you said, "It's hard to schedule several projects in the same day". Again, this is a limitation we found in other products which is why we made it easy to create as many bookings as you liked in a day - to a very granular level eg for as little as 1 minute.

Would love to hear from you ..

Best, Percy

• Reviewed on 2019/07/17
Sonia P.
Sonia P.
Production Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/24

"Easy to use high level planning tool"

Comments: Resource Guru allows our company to do long-term high level planning of resource utilisation and provide a guide lead time for sales teams.

Pros: I've been using Resource Guru since 2013 and it's constantly improving which is good to see. It's easy to use and provides decent reporting.

Cons: I'd like to see public holidays auto populated according to a country of choice and ability to limit daily bookable hours just by a number (e.g. 7.5h) without setting a rigid start / end / lunch break.

Timothy L.
Assistant Operations Manager
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/08/24

"Intuitive and efficient resource management software"

Pros: The best part about Resource Guru is the reporting system. Given how fuss-free the management tools are to use, the reporting system is the proverbial icing on the cake, as it aggregates all your available data in one easy to use panel. Not to mention, it is so intuitive to use and has such a remarkably low barrier to entry, that I onboarded all my team managers in a single day, and have never looked back.

Cons: Some parts of the UI look a bit dated, like the "adding resources" panel, but it's honestly not a big deal because you only use it once when adding your resources, and hardly touch it ever again. Other than that, changing the default working hours is a bit tedious, but again - do it once and you never need to adjust it again.

by Resource Guru on 2021/09/06

Hi Timothy

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :) I'm pleased to say that we have some enhancements planned for the Resources section, which I hope you'll be pleased to see when they're released!

Can I suggest that you sign up for our newsletter in the footer of our homepage if you haven't already - http://resourceguruapp.com. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news.

If you have any other questions or feedback at any point, please don't be a stranger. We love to help and we're always keen to hear any feedback.

Thanks!

• Reviewed on 2021/08/24
Simon L.
Junior Art Director
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/06

"Competent Scheduling Software"

Comments: Our team has used Resource Guru for years now and it's been very useful in helping both project management and the rest of the company know what needs to be done.

Pros: Easy to use and visually clean scheduling and time management software. Very flexible and fast to load.

Cons: It would be nice if there was an integrated way to track working hours to a database for writing invoices. It's the reason we'll sadly be switching to a different software in the future.

by Resource Guru on 2021/04/29

Hi Simon

Thanks for sharing your feedback :) I'm pleased to say that a dedicated timesheets feature is firmly on our roadmap for the future, but I'm afraid I can't give you an accurate release date for this just yet. We're busy working on some higher priority features right now so it's unlikely to be available soon, but I'll be sure to keep you updated as soon as there is any news on it.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help please just let me know.

Michelle

• Reviewed on 2021/04/06
Andrew F.
Principal Engineer
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/08/17

"Controlling a dispersed team"

Comments: Very satisfied; all of the resources in one place is a godsend!

Pros: I can see at a glance where all of my team are currently deployed and where they will be in the coming weeks. Free space is easy to see at a glance.

Cons: I have to add and remove resources quite often and the adding / removing process is a bit cumbersome. It would be nice to be able to grey out people / minimise them when you don't want to see them and them re-add them later with a simple, single click.

by Resource Guru on 2021/09/06

Hi Andrew

Thanks for leaving your review of Resource Guru! I'm very pleased to say that you can indeed remove people and quickly add them again later if you need to schedule them in the future. We call this archiving, and you can see how to archive a resource just here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942109-archiving-resources. You might also be glad to hear that archived resources are free!

A little tip if you haven't yet discovered it; you can also hide people who aren't bookable, which is useful for people like managers and non-scheduled employees. You can learn about this here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/4621846-hide-people-who-aren-t-bookable

• Reviewed on 2021/08/17
George V.
Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/12

"Resource Guru Overall Review"

Comments: Overall a great app. Has certainly improved my time management abover all else. This app really enables me to keep on track of my workload and stay organised in the fast paced agency. Very useful indeed and couldnt work without it.

Pros: As an account executive for a design agency, being able to shcedule resource is a key part of my daily activites. RG is super easy to navigate and makes scheduling my work really efficient. I use it every day and it makes my work management a whole lot easier. An email first thing in the morning shows what I have scheduled for the day so I can be prepared for the days bookings. The dashboard also enables me to see what Ive got in for the day which is great. I can easily cancel, edit and add new bookings with just a couple of clicks. Using the different colour schemes also enables me to see who on my team has bookings so if i ever need to edit a booking, I kow who to speak too on my team. Overall, I would highly recommend this app too anyone as its super intuitive and no training is really needed! Perfect for anyone in client services.

Cons: Nothing to improve from my point of view. I havent used all the features off the app so no comments on ways to improve.

• Reviewed on 2021/07/12
Kevin F.
Audit Subject Matter Expert
Insurance, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/05

"Very User Friendly Resource"

Comments: Simple and straightforward to use

Pros: Excellent for team planning; many colleagues can be grouped according to location or role so as to facilitate easy sight of teams on projects as well as how the projects are scheduled throughout a given period of time

Cons: Nothing at this stage is irksome; all aspects are use friendly

• Reviewed on 2019/11/05
Melissa P.
Creative Resource Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/13

"Easy to onboard and easier to use!"

Comments: Resource Guru helps our agency see availability of resources to ensure we are allocating projects efficiently. Without it, we were running blindly and were hoping that team members would speak up when they were too busy or too idle. Now, we can see this ourselves (days in advance) and prevent talented employees from going unused.

Pros: - Color coding clients
- Being able to manually adjust hours/availability per resource
- Limiting permissions per user
- Adding in when employees are OOO
- Search feature to check skill sets and who has worked on which client before
- Saving searches so we can quickly view groupings of employees

Cons: - I wish there was a way to search bookings for key words
- It's unfortunate that this tool doesn't link up with our PM tool, Asana
- There's no 'undo' button if you accidentally click and drag a booking unknowingly

• Reviewed on 2019/08/13
David S.
Consulting Manager (VIC)
Information Technology & Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/25

"Resourcing consultants"

Comments: We have a number of delivery teams spread throughout Australia, and these act in remote locations, and in overlapping areas of interest.
Resource Guru gave us quick and easy ways to see who is available, who is not, and to see teams (location or project based) and be able to plan our people.

Pros: Ready accessibility in both the field and the office without needing setup on the device.
Clear interface.
Simple filtering of team records to be able to determine resourcing constraints, etc.

Cons: On occasion, it becomes difficult to determine where work is on site or off, or whether a planned consulting visit is a firm date, or a flexible date. This could be down to how we are using it, though.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/25
Ashley B.
Junior Project Manager
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/20

"Clearly Brilliant!"

Comments: I genuinely use this product every day and would find it hard to function in my day to day without it.
Although there is room for improvement, I think in the last year it has improved greatly and am excited to see what features are to come in the future.

Pros: I love the way it looks and how easy it is to navigate.

Cons: I would like to be able to copy and paste a job across multiple users. Or have a tick box field that puts it into the diaries who will also attend that same meeting. I would like to be able to write all the information about the 'Event' in the projects tabs and for that to carry across to the timeline.

by Resource Guru on 2020/02/21

Hi Ashley - thanks for your positive review :) I just wanted to let you know that multi-resource and repeat bookings are on the roadmap. In the meantime you can SHIFT drag bookings to copy them. Also if you want to see the details of a project, you can click on the "pop-out" icon which you'll see when you hover over project/client on an existing booking. Here you can view/edit all the project details. I hope that helps :) Thanks, Percy

• Reviewed on 2020/02/20
Christopher H.
Consultant
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees

"Review"

Comments: Please see why did you make the switch

Pros: -East to use
-Visually pleasant
-Free
-Versatile (eg. can add time off and shows in different colour)

Cons: I did not really find any cons with Resource Guru. However, perhaps it would be nice to have an option of integrating with Microsoft Outlook?

Harald S.
Technical manager
Security & Investigations, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/10

"Fleksible and easy to use resource management tool"

Comments: Verry happy. It replaced Our old manual Resource management sheets, giving us an flexible solution, enabling online editing and availablitiy, easy extraction og management reports, and verry good support.

Pros: It's a modern Interface that enables verry good Visual overview of Resources. Staff need verry litle training to use the tool and it has been easy to implement.

Cons: When searching for an Activity it does not show the NeXT logical occurance, making it necessary to scroll a lot to find it.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/10
Rachel G.
Environmental Scientist
Environmental Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/20

"Generally an excellent tool"

Pros: I like how easy it is to track my schedule, my colleagues schedules, and our communal equipment.

Cons: I dislike getting the email with my daily schedule at midnight. I'm not sure if this is a company setting, or if the email could be moved to a more useful time or cancelled completely. It would be helpful to get an email if your schedule has been changed for the next 48 hours or similar.

by Resource Guru on 2019/09/24

Hi Rachel

Thanks for your feedback! We do have plans to let you change the time of the daily schedule email in future, but in the meantime if you'd prefer to turn it off you can do this in your Settings by following the walkthrough here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942114-switching-off-daily-schedule-email-notifications

Sarah C.
Creative Management
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/24

"Ultimate Workflow Organization"

Comments: Generally great for a quick overall scheduling tool. Easy to use and set up. As per all comments above.

Pros: Ease of use, simplistic interface, clear directions, offers straight forward visibility.

Cons: Time consuming to set up the Individuals daily hours. Not possible to alter resources image once they’ve logged onto their schedule. Not possible to link to the project management tool in order to set a budget, assign tasks to a budget to pull down time into the schedule - which can then be a time sheet.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/24
Pj C.
Technical Authority
Machinery, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/09/14

"Easy to use, must have scheduling tool"

Comments: The team are very responsive to questions, and have taken a lot of our comments on board. The system has definitely evolved over time.

Pros: The package as a whole is really worthwhile as it allows us to review, organise and change any element of our worforce deployment with little effort once set up.

Cons: I would have preferred it if there were a feature where you could save the entries at a point in time, so that if changes are made and they don't work that you could revert to the original plan/schedule (or some point in time, or some version)

• Reviewed on 2021/09/14
Kenny A.
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/20

"Simple and basic but effective and problem solver"

Comments: It provides a birds eye view of our capabilities, quickly proving our team with the information required to manage the bookings for everyone of our 60 Devs.

Pros: That it does exactly what it should. No complex features such as budgets or projects.

Cons: We were hesitant at first because of the pricing but after using it for a few months we realized that it became a most for our Staff Augmentation business model. Our Capabilities team couldn’t survive a day without it.

Debs T.
Support Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/16

"Best capacity planning tool on the market"

Comments: Understanding what my team are working on and when. Visually seeing a snapshot of capacity so I can plan new work coming into the team and manage stakeholder expectations.

Pros: I originally chose Resource Guru after extensive research of capacity planning tools. Many tools were geared more to project management or managing shift/work patterns. Resource Guru gives me what I need, I can plot and allocate time for BAU/project and ad-hoc work for my team and quickly and easily see where there is capacity.

Cons: Originally there was no ability to schedule an event to more than one team member. This has now been implemented and is a really useful tool.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/16
Front Office Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/06

"The Resource Guru Support is Top Notch!"

Pros: Our use of Resource Guru is sort of out of the box. We use it for scheduling barn space in the Agriculture Industry. The support team has always stepped up to find ways to enable Resource Guru to fit with our unique needs. If it works this well for our out of the box use, imagine how well it works for it's intended purpose. For us, the reasonable price has been worth the gamble of using a software not meant for our intended use.

Cons: In our out of the box use, the biggest con - is the speed at which the software moves from page to page. However, this might not be Resource Guru's fault. It could be our internet capabilities, or the amount of data we plug in for our purpose. For our use, I'm looking a 15-17 week time frame, like most people look at a 8-10 hour work day. If you use the software as it's intended, this probably wouldn't be a problem.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/06
Deep C.
Digital Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/20

"We love working with this tool and being able to see the company bookings at a glance."

Comments: Insight on how long projects are booked for, how many hours are booked against a project and if this makes sense for our sales and we're quoting projects correctly. An easy to use tool that allows us to be able to update and manage resources quickly and ever so easily.

Pros: Easy to add projects, easy to add customers, easy to add team members. The email summary sent out to everyone is great and easy for users to gain access to be able to see their work for the day/week/months coming. The reporting functionality allows us to export the information cleanly and easily for internal reporting needs

Cons: Unable to track timesheets and then be able to compare how accurate bookings vs actuals will be.
Would love to be able to have Project Manager's be able to book their times through the site and then have it approved by Resource Manager.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/20
Alex R.
COO
Computer Games, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/27

"Squash out your excel files for assignments"

Comments: It allows you to set up the whole production team with just a few clicks. The customer service is highly responsive and reliable

Pros: Automates a lot of manual stuff and gives you insightful reports

Cons: Reporting could be more detailed, but can be overcome

• Reviewed on 2019/12/27
Ellen M.
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/08

"Go for Guru"

Comments: Love this software and the interface is so easy to use. I like that I can add resources that are not people and move things around with ease.

Pros: The ability to see entire team's schedule at once and ease of changing assignments

Cons: I'd like more flexibility in scheduling recurring projects. I'd like other users to have more flexibility in moving items I put on the schedule

• Reviewed on 2021/01/08