• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,4 /5
    4,3 /5

About Intercom

Build better customer relationships with the #1-rated Business Messenger.

Learn more about Intercom

Liam M.
People Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/01

"Not Much Competition"

Comments: Everything has been fantastic from the Customer Success-led implementation process to it being deployed to our users. Multiple compliments on the feasibility of use since purchasing.

Pros: From both the administrative and user perspective, the ease of use and just overall depth of what you can create with the product is very impressive. It allows a great amount of customer support to be automated and simplify it's delivery via articles and a knowledge base that'll continually grow. Although it's not the biggest feature, as a user, I love that it's focused on getting you an answer/resolution the quickest way possible given the same entry method. Type "adding users" in an application with Intercom support will quickly both deliver you articles that can potentially solve your problem or will also quickly deploy a CSM to you to answer it directly in case it was a bit more complex. Best part though is the feedback cycle, you're typing exactly what you want to know into the application and if no articles return: New Content Topic.

Cons: Theres really not much. I've run into situations where it was wrongly applied within other organizations and not properly resourced, giving a less than average experience. But that's not as much specific to Intercom themselves. Given they are the industry leader, it can come at a premium for a larger organizations.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/01
Damola B.
Managing Director
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/06

"Supercharge Your Customer Interactions"

Comments: I am able to deploy a simple interface that helps customers interact with our team while they use our software. The team is also able to get direct notifications on their email, Smartphone apps and Slack (via the Intercom<>Slack integration) and respond promptly to queries. I am able to deploy product tours to users while they use our software. It helps us scale our support in ways we couldn't get done in the past. Finally, we are able to assess user actions across various touchpoints and sections of our software. We are also able to gauge our performance with supporting users. i.e. response time, user satisfaction with support interections etc. All together, Intercom is one of the best decisions we've made as a startup so far!

Pros: I like that users are able to reach us at Mercurie for our flagship product. I also love that we are able tosend them emails triggered by rules set by us. I also love the various apps I can integrate to our company account. It has made interaction with users so much easier and richer. I almost forgot the in-app tours and the new features they release every month. As a leader in a startup that owns a SaaS solution, I am always inspired by Intercom every time I use it. As a user, I am all to delighted every time I interact with the software.

Cons: To be honest, nothing really. Maybe the learning curve that comes with figuring it out at first, but they have a robust help centre and academy that resolves areas where we lack clarity.

by Intercom on 2020/10/28

Thanks for leaving us this review Damola. It's wonderful to hear that Intercom is helping you communicate and interact with your users in such a rich way!

You're right that the learning curve with Intercom can be pretty steep as the tool is so powerful, and our Product Education team are hard at work creating content to help at every step. Make sure to check out our free online Intercom Academy courses, webinars and our new customer community Interconnected, as these are all great ways to continue your learning.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/06
Anca P.
Customer Success Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/21

"Great solution for chat support"

Pros: Easy to use and very intuitive interface.

Cons: It has quite a price point, which may not be friendly on small businesses.

by Intercom on 2021/01/27

Thanks for taking the time to review Intercom Anca. I'm delighted to hear you've found our live chat and help centre features so powerful and easy to use.

• Reviewed on 2021/01/21
Peter C.
Dir. User Experience
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/13

"Complete Package"

Comments: We had the opportunity to start fresh with a new ticket system/knowledge base so were shopping around. We came across Intercom and never looked back. While it has those things it is so much more being a central place to manage all our client related communications. It is by far the application I use most day-to-day.

Pros: Using Intercom has been an amazing experience. It is well thought out, full featured and continues to improve all the time. It has become an essential tool to communicate with our leads/clients. What is great is we can reach them (and they reach us) wherever they are: our website, in our web app, our mobile apps, email, etc.

Cons: While it starts off cheap depending on the features you choose to use and your volume it can start to get expensive quick. I'm not saying the product still doesn't provide value (it absolutely does) just if I had to pick what I liked least I would say cost.

by Intercom on 2019/12/18

Hi Peter,

We really appreciate you leaving us a review and are so happy to hear Intercom is an essential part of your customer communication.

Thanks also for your feedback on pricing. We work really hard to align our pricing to the value you are seeing. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss your subscription options with us.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/13
Alexis D.
Customer Success Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/12

"Easy-to-use tool with great features to make supporting customers a breeze!"

Comments: We have been able to resolve customer questions in a much quicker time simply because we can access help articles quicker, get other team members in on the conversation more easily, and use integrations like co-browsing and attaching help articles to resolve a problem more quickly. Overall, Intercom has been a great experience compared to our past customer support apps and we are happy to be using this to improve our customer's experience in our app.

Pros: It is great to have the ability to do so many things within one app: chat with our customers, write help articles, link help articles to our customers, send out messages to groups of people, easily find previous conversations, and create reports to monitor our progress. Intercom has really made our support workflow simple and much less confusing than other software tools we have used. They also integrate with a number of different tools (GitHub, ZenDesk, Upscope co-browsing, etc.) so anything that Intercom can't directly do, we can find a way to do through an integration.

Cons: The Customer Support response times from Intercom are a bit long, but the team is always helpful and resolves any questions we have. I also wish the Articles were a little more built out - they just have some simple feature there, and it would be nice to have a more robust help center with the flexibility to format our articles the way we want and organize the collections differently.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/12
Charlotte G.
Business Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/18

"Intercom is everything you need for customer support"

Pros: I love intercom, I think its fab it works as a CRM, customer support centre, integrates with our payment gateways keeping refunds and payment queries in one place. I'm very impressed they've launched product tours think that its going to be a huge feature for them.

Cons: I would like intercom to do more in terms of partnerships and working with companies to grow. I recommend intercom to all of our enterprise clients some with 10,000+ users but there is no referral incentive scheme. I have enquired about this a few times and applied for the partnership program but I haven't had a response

• Reviewed on 2019/07/18
Thomas Y.
Lead Technical Support Engineer
Wireless, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/20

"I'm so glad we switched to Intercom!"

Comments: It is a tool that was built by its users, meaning the people who build it also use it. I can begin to describe how important this is.
They have not limited themselves to what others are doing and have rethought the entire process f customer support to build what everyone wanted. A useful, effective tool which makes customer support fun to do as a job as well as receive. We often get asked by our customers what support tool we use. We love intercom!!

Pros: It's a tool that gives you what you need and it does it well.
They are ahead of the game in all ways.
It makes customer success seamless and proactive.
It's a multi-tool.
It's changed the way people perceive customer support because it makes it fast, effective and fun.
They write their own books (Awesome!) and they host seminars to help use the tools better.

Cons: They take a while to release new features, this is no surprise as companies will need different things.
It does not have a merging tool to link conversations to the person already in the system. Sometimes you get duplicate leads/users.
They can take a while to respond to support inquiries.
They changed their pricing structure which, when it was priced per lead and not per agent, made intercom stand out

• Reviewed on 2018/11/20
Andre L.
Customer Success Hero
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/09

"Great tool for conversations - not for tracking"

Comments: Overall, this platform would be amazing if the stats were figured out. Right now, it's a solid 8 even without tracking features. It's a keeper, but not once the team reaches over 100 and you really need to track solid numbers.

Pros: This software is easy to use and navigate. The support has been quick to respond and very helpful. They utilize all the tools and resources available to you and really embrace their own technology. Intercom has helped to create more of a conversational-based outlook for our success team.

Cons: This software's statistic-tracking is severely lacking. I'd give this a 0 for any crucial numbers you are looking for, time to resolution (you can't track ongoing conversations), tags are conversation based and pull the entire thread, not the moment the tag happened, and countless others. You will spend more time compiling your stats if you use Intercom's system and need to track valid numbers.

by Intercom on 2018/12/05

Andre, appreciate your review and feedback! We're continuing to invest in our reporting and have a dedicated eng team focused on improving this so will pass along your feedback and you should see improvements start to ship in the coming months!

Chris S.
Customer Support Manager
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/05

"Great for Our Company"

Comments: Coming from our previous chat software, this one is 1000% better. You can view reports of different employees and their ratings from customers they interact with, you can send emails from within Intercom, and I am sure there are many more options that I am not even aware of yet. Overall, a great product.

Pros: I love the main chat interface, and how it keeps everything clean, neat and organized. You can snooze chats for later, and create preset replies, which save a TON of time, when answering the same types of questions.

Cons: For some customers, if they are on a different page than the one they were on before, when chatting, Intercom sometimes makes another, new chat. In rare instances, I will have 4 or 5 chats from the same person. I don't know why this is, though it could be how it simply interacts with our website, specifically. Also, the chat sound will sometimes beep randomly, where there isn't a chat there to attend. Minor annoyances, in the grand scheme of things.

by Intercom on 2019/12/09

Thanks a lot for leaving us this review Chris. It's great to hear that Intercom is having such a great impact for you!

The multiple chat issue you're seeing sounds strange to me so I would advise you get in touch with our Support team to see if they can help :)

• Reviewed on 2019/12/05
Hannah S.
Customer Success Associate
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/04

"Integral to our support team"

Comments: Overall it's been great! I came into my office shortly after we switched from our previous platform and it's apparently been quite the upgrade.

Pros: -Provide great support (would be super ironic if they didn't)
-Make it really easy to train other people on the platform
-Reporting options since we moved to Inbox Pro have really improved
-Now that we've figured out the tags, we're getting super great data.

Cons: -The way they set up how you pick your hours of availability really annoys me
-While not common, we have experienced issues that we're pretty sure aren't user error (ie. need to refresh your page after turning on your beeping sound)
-A lot of the integrations require you to share out the emails of all of your clients which is annoying

by Intercom on 2019/12/05

Hi Hannah, thanks so much for this review. I'm so happy to hear you're getting great use out of our tags - they're a game changer!

I've passed your feedback on availability settings and integrations to our product teams. Comments like these really help us continually improve our product. The issue you've seen with your audio notifications sounds odd to me so please do get in touch via the messenger if it happens again.

Kate - (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

• Reviewed on 2019/12/04
Thomas B.
Founder & CPO
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/29

"The best customer management platform on the market"

Pros: The usability is out of this world. All features are well thought out and works well. Complex features are being boiled down into easy understandable interfaces. Their support widget is awesome.
Also, the support is great.

Cons: The pricing is very high for a startup, and the structure of the pricing models are not easily comprehensible.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/29
Test Engineer
Computer Software, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/31

"Intercom definitely improved over the years."

Comments: Our experience with Intercom has been great so far and we will continue to use the platform in the future

Pros: We use Intercom inside our Medical application to assist our customers with their queries. What started as just a customer service app for us turned out to be a lead nurturing tool. The functionalities are great and the updates Intercom team brings out if also nice.

Cons: One of the things, I dislike about Intercom is the lack of proper reporting, however there is a work around with Zapier but having to use Zapier for everything is a task.

by Intercom on 2020/04/08

I want to say a big 'Thank You' from both myself and the rest of the team at Intercom for taking the time to write this, especially during what I can only imagine is a very busy time for a Medical application. I'm so happy to hear that your Intercom experience has been a great one! I'll make sure to pass your feedback on reporting to our product team as showing you the value that Intercom is providing your business is one of our top priorities.

Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 2020/03/31
Business Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/09

"Best tool in the market for Online Chat support"

Pros: We have around 700 customers who use our product on regular basis ,earlier they use to send us email and then we would respond to them which was time consuming . Later on we moved to intercom and now as and when we receive any query from customer our customer success team response time has reduced to lest then 1 minute. We have also integrated intercom with zendesk so that if there is technical issue automatically ticket is created in zendesk for technical team . Last but not the least the automated email / message functionality and reports provided by intercom are just awesome , we can measure the performace of each chat support agents .

Cons: if chat has more then 300-400 lines then time taken to load on mobile app increases

• Reviewed on 2019/01/09
Olivier B.
Customer support technician
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/26

"Great communication tool"

Pros: This is a great tool to automate messages to our users in times of downtime, problems or simply to inform them of a new feature. Customizable messages, conditions can make quick work of a message automation! User info can be tracked easily.

Cons: Although it is improving its customer support ticketing system, there is a lot of ground to cover, still. No ticket number for easy reference, a bit of a black box when it comes to how the customer will see their "emails". Anything outside of the in-app messenger system is still to me improved. Their customer support is average and can take a bit of time to answer. Still some clarification/features to add to have the customer/user (our user) understand this may not be realtime, even though it looks like chat.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/26
Yaroslav K.
Information Technology Major
Higher Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/08

"The best tool for big teams and projects to work on communication with clients!"

Comments: I have used intercom and it's analytics tool with several projects I worked with and we needed tools to work with call tracking and all the statistics. Intercom did a great job for us due to its numerous features.

Pros: Intercom has all you need. Telephony, Chat, integrations, mails, analytics. It is so huge that some teams might just not need all of it and just want a 10% of all the features.
It is a plus, but I would not suggest the tool for small teams, startups and starter projects.
However, if you are a big team, project with many orders and traffic, or you want to have as many features as possible - GO FOR IT! Intercom, would not disappoint.

Cons: Intercom is huge. And it is a burden. I do really like such platforms as they allow to be quite flexible and never need another tool, however, for a small project or a startup, this tool might be just too big to handle and not worth it.

by Intercom on 2020/02/28

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this detailed review Yaroslav! I'm glad to hear you and your team are using so many of Intercom's tools and are seeing the results.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/08
Kevin C.
VP of Marketing
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/10

"Not bad, but not great"

Comments: Really good overall, just a little expensive, with not as many options as some other softwares.

Pros: It made it easy for me to connect with our customers. There were some good automation bots we could build out.

Cons: I didn't like the I had to keep the conversation on the web, it made the conversation less portable. I also felt like it was difficult to understand the automation bots.

by Intercom on 2020/11/25

Hi Kevin, thanks for taking the time to let us know about your Intercom experience.

I'd love to hear a bit more about your feedback regarding conversation channels as Intercom facilitates a-synchronous but connected chats across email and chat.

We've got lots of great training resources to help you get to grips with our different bots. Our webinars are particularly helpful there which you can find at https://www.intercom.com/webinars.

Feel free to reach out in the Intercom Messenger and ask for me if you'd like to chat more.

Thanks,

• Reviewed on 2020/11/10
Isabelle W.
Content and Customer Support Team Leader - Customer Success

"The best support tool!"

Comments: We use Intercom as our main contact channel with our customers and it provides a great experience, I wouldn't trade it for any other customer support tool.

Pros: I absolutely love Intercom, it's super easy to use and it helps us keep an open communication channel with our customers. The ability to easily add images, articles and saved responses helps save a lot of time.

Cons: The articles feature is a little limited, it doesn't offer a lot of options for producing dynamic content like adding anchors or creating an image bank to easily replace images in all articles.

by Intercom on 2018/12/05

Thank you for the kind words, super happy to hear Intercom has been indispensable for your team. Will definitely pass along your feedback re: Articles!

Program Manager - Business Apps
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/18

"Great tool for automation of communication with your customers"

Comments: It's one of the most important tools for our marketing, support and even sales. It solves so many process of interaction with our customers that we could not work without it.

Pros: It's a well defined tool, easy to understand and work with. Definitely being developed properly as constantly there are new features coming out.

Cons: There are some things that look "unfinished" like you can use some data to be triggers for one type of message but you can not use the same one for another type of message. The price can be high if you have a lot of users interacting with you, but there's also a startup package that you can use.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/18
João victor G.
Product Designer
Financial Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/30

"Power tool for marketing automation and a more human customer service"

Comments: High power targeting of customised segments with a powerful tool for messaging users. Also, it has a more human and real-time approach of costumer support, which helps to solve faster user's issues.

Pros: Intercom has a set of products that really talk with each other and follows the user's flow since a visitor to your product's website until the part where you're trying to drive engagement. It's integration via REST API helps getting data that is important to create powerful segments to target via in-app message which has higher CTR than email.

Cons: Its price can be something of an initial barrier if you do not have resources, specially if you're dealing with a huge user base. Besides that, you also need an initial effort to integrate with API to get the full power of the platform.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/30
Customer Success Lead
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/05

"Work with them for 3 years, still love to work with them"

Pros: Really easy to use, Ihave seen a lot of people starting to use Intercom and time and time again they quickly get it so solve support question.
Also the nice integration with other apps (more and more) is really nice.

Cons: The article function is not a good fit for us. Its only in one language, you can't add more languages.
Also I don't like the view of how their help pages are build (not enough custom options)
They are becoming more and more corporate and everything becomes upsell (bots, changing pricing system ( =increase))

• Reviewed on 2019/03/05
Mike I.
Tech Support
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/27

"Easy to use"

Comments: Very nice software with only positive experiences so far

Pros: The software is very easy to use. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what the icons mean.

Cons: Sometimes it is slow to load. It's web based, so I know some depends on connection but even on great internet it can be slow sometimes.

by Intercom on 2020/07/30

Thanks for leaving us this great review Mike! I'm glad to hear you've found our product so easy to use. Thanks for flagging the load issue as well - I'll make sure to send this feedback on to our product quality team.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/27
Director of Euorpean Business
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/22

"So simple, easily integrated with Salesforce."

Pros: A good portion of our qualified leads comes in through chat/Intercom, and as a director of sales, the fact that Intercom is so easily integrated with Salesforce make my life a breeze. We have had a couple of instances where we needed customer support and everyone there was quick to respond and resolved the issues. My experience has been great thus far.

Cons: There is not much that I would change. Intercom is my only experience with a "chat" software but it has been excellent thus far. No complaints.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/22
Wesley A.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/17

"Fantastic for communicating with customers and visitors in real-time"

Pros: The ability to have live chat conversations with either visitors or customers in real-time, whilst also being able to get back to people when needed. I also like the ability to send automated messages out to customers based on set criteria as this ensures only relevant people get the messages they need.

Cons: It can be quite expensive to use completely as there always seems to be another add-on needed. The pay-per-user model is also a a bit unfair at times.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/17
Frank P.
Director of Business Development
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/25

"Supporting Your Customers Has Never Been Easier"

Comments: It's essential to our day to day client communication for all projects across our agency. Intercom has been game changer.

Pros: With Intercom we are able to be more efficient with supporting our customers in real-time. This gives us a central place to manage all our client related communications on a daily basis.

Cons: Dependent upon your needs and the more features you might need the product can get a bit pricey. With that said you pay for what you get and what you get is a great product.

by Intercom on 2020/09/30

Thanks so much for leaving us this review Frank, and for letting us know that Intercom is helping you more efficiently support your customers :)

Your feedback on pricing is very valuable so thanks for leaving that too. I've made sure to pass this on to our team who are constantly working on how we balance the cost of Intercom with the value customers see.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/25