Heartland Retail Reviews

by Heartland Retail

Filter by:

• Overall

About Heartland Retail

Heartland Retail is more than just a POS! Learn about our enterprise-grade retail management features!

Learn more about Heartland Retail

Darren S.
Ops Manager
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/22

"DLM Supply"

Comments: I have been very pleasantly surprised about how well Springboard has worked out for our Men's Clothing boutique in Dallas. My colleague and I did some extensive research in POS systems. We both had a history of working with larger clothing retailers so we were accustomed to robust reporting, advanced order systems, and detailed item management. Springboard has been able to deliver on all fronts. I've also come to appreciate the support system that is built in. There is a message board available to submit requests/questions and the follow through has been pretty good. They have listened to some of our feature requests and I have noticed a couple of them were implemented on the following system update (which they also do frequently). We are currently working on getting our website up and running on Shopify, and the integration is working great in terms of syncing inventory.

Pros: Reporting, reporting, reporting. Reports are entirely customizable and there are several metrics to choose from. I feel like i have been able to replicate several of the reports that I had available to me at the large corporation that i worked at, and that has been very impressive. User friendly interface on the POS. Very easy to teach to new users. Detailed item management capability with unlimited customizable fields. Allows for even more robust reporting. Ipad app works well

Cons: There were a couple bugs early on when using certain browsers. We now use Google Chrome more often than not and it seems to be working fine. I wish the item management integrated more seemlessly to our Shopify site, but i think this is nitpicking a bit since most of the other POS systems don't even offer any integration. Definitely pricier than the competition, but you get bang for the buck. Web based interface is risky if you have network connectivity issues. We have been lucky thus far, but I could see this as being an issue for others. Wish there was an iPhone app, a little hard to view on the iPhone browser.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/22
David F.
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/05

"Over Promise & Under Deliver"

Comments: On the recommendation of another store in the area that uses Springboard I decided to try them out. I was initially told I would be able to use all my same equipment that I used with a previous point of sale system, later that turned out to not be the case & at considerable cost. Importing the product seemed to be an extraordinary challenge for them as well, even though they said they switched customers from my previous point of sale to theirs, "all the time." All in all it took them over 7 days to import, and I'm still missing information or have information in the wrong places. Once we were ready to go with product in place, the new machinery they made me purchase stopped communicating with their Point of Sale & after several hours on the phone & several hundred dollars of walk out business they were able to fix most of it, only to have it happen several more times in the next 3 weeks. I'm still waiting on a call back from tech support so they can look at some issues that happened a week ago. All in all, this is extremely disappointing software. Had I to do it over again, I would certainly not have switched to Springboard.

Pros: It's easy for my seasonal employees to use, but not remarkably more or less than any other POS.

Cons: I was sold, "So much more than point of sale. Springboard Retail is a powerful, cloud POS software and retail management platform designed to help you sell more, smarter." So far it has entirely failed to live up to that billing. Rather cumbersome to put transactions on hold & recall, no time clock feature, a 4 to 5 step purchase order to purchase receipt function that is again, a bit cumbersome.

• Reviewed on 2016/10/05
Julie K.
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/08

"Springboard retail is a Game Changer"

Comments: I can look at my business from the app
On my phone anywhere anytime. I love this..it has given me some
Flexibility in my business and alllowed
Me to work
In a little
Family time

Pros: I have control of the IT end of my business . I do not have to “call a guy” every time something goes wrong or it’s time
For an upgrade. In 4 years my system has gone down maybe 4 Times and then never for more than 20 minutes and every time it has been the internet provider that was the problem but Springboard always steps up and gets it fixed. They never point the finger they just take care of it. Also there are no costly upgrades that require new computers and “that computer guy” to execute it.

Cons: When you need help they will often times refer you to their knowledge base...usually I have already gone this route and need an actual
Answer not another article to read.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/08
Wendy L.
owner/president
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/14

"Overall very satisfied."

Comments: Switched over from quickbooks point of sale about a year ago. (DO NOT BUY QB POS) The transfer of data went smoothly. The customer support was amazing. They have every feature I need for a small business with moderate to high volume. They system is very easy to use. They are continuously evolving and don't try to charge you extra for updates like some systems do. Because it is web based you can access it anywhere and enter inventory when you are not in the store with out having the POS set up on another computer. Reporting features help me analyze business better. Dashboard gives an overview of all info I need on a daily basis. Their customer service is the best I have encountered ever. They are usually available with little to no wait time. The staff is knowledgable and addresses any issues that arise in a timely manner. That being said, there have been a few glitches but as I stated they do fix them quickly.

Pros: Customer service. Web based, allows access anywhere.

Cons: Extra monthly charge for using POS on an iPad even if I use it for just 1 day. Not cheap, but worth the price.

• Reviewed on 2016/10/14
Pattie D.

"Good Tool!"

Comments: This is a very nice tool that works as a POS as well as inventory and order capturing. It's pricey though.

Pros: POS is easy to use.

Cons: VERY pricey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus the additional spend for adding another terminal just to use at off-site events is cost prohibitive when there are other options out there for less money or for free.

Kelly R.
  • Reviewed on 2014/09/05

"This is a tech-savvy system that is great for my trendy store!"

Pros: Springboard has been GREAT with fixing minor glitches and making iOS update adjustments immediately! I love utilizing the iPad for my trendy boutique, and I love the inventory system. The fact that this POS system was created by former boutique owners is evident in the detail and ease of use.

Cons: The only thing I do not like is that sometimes the card reader and Bluetooth scanner do not work if the iPad has gone to sleep between customers. So the scanner has to be turned off and then back on to repair the issue. But this is a minor problem compared to the benefits of the system and has an easy fix.

• Reviewed on 2014/09/05
Michelle D.
  • Reviewed on 2014/09/18

"A comfortable transition to an automated POS system"

Pros: Once we got underway, the equipment has been easy to use, much faster and more complete and accurate than we expected. The vendor is very cooperative when we have questions. Answers are prompt and knowledgeable. The vendor has also gone the extra mile in helping us weave POS data into usable form for our accountant and other service resources we use. In addition, they follow-up with us frequently to see how we are doing. It's just what you would expect from a first class vendor.

Cons: To date, we are pleased with all aspects of our system.

• Reviewed on 2014/09/18
Morgan L.
  • Reviewed on 2014/06/26

"Fantastic retail software for our 5-store retail chain"

Pros: There are so many things we have liked about using Springboard. It is extremely user-friendly and very easy to train new staff on. The reporting features have helped us tremendously with customer service and satisfaction. Springboard support has been extremely responsive and helpful. They are timely with their responses and we've had very few issues.

Cons: We are working towards a way to integrate our gift card system, and we would really like an easy way to transfer inventory built in.

• Reviewed on 2014/06/26
Heather K.
  • Reviewed on 2014/06/10

"Excellent Point of Sale Platform"

Pros: They nailed the user-friendly experience with this tool. It vastly improved our workflow and our customer's experience. Training new sales associates has been quicker and easier over our previous tool.

Cons: The options for gift cards is limiting, which becomes even more difficult when you have both online and brick-and-mortar storefronts.

• Reviewed on 2014/06/10
Theresa J.
  • Reviewed on 2016/04/05

"Springbroad is the best system for fashion retailers"

Pros: These folks understand fashion retail. Most of the other cloud-based systems evolved out of "coffee-shops" and are focused strictly on point-of-sale. As a fashion retailer that has been around for over 20 years, we needed a system that helps us manage our inventory, vendors and customers. Plus they have awesome support.

Cons: Nothing much. Integration with with Shopify (for e-commerce) is still evolving.

Michelle M.
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/21

"Exceptional Customer Service"

Comments: Overall, I'm extremely pleased

Pros: The setup of this point of sale system was very user friendly. It is very easy to use and the customer service is excellent.

Cons: I find running reports and programming promotions a challenge. In regards to running reports, it does not seem intuitive.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/21
Caroline K.
  • Reviewed on 2014/07/10

"Excellent experience with Springboard Retail"

Pros: I like the simplicity of the product. I also love that it is a multi-store product, so all six of our stores can be logged in and checking out customers at once.

Cons: I really don't have any complaints. The product is so easy to use, and I love the reporting that it offers. I wish that it synced with our website, a Magento-based site, but that is my only complaint!

• Reviewed on 2014/07/10
Phil S.
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/20

"Best POS system in the market"

Comments: Love the simplicity and the ease of use of all the entire system and its features. Been a customer for just over a year and we've only had awesome experience with it. Very fast and its inventory system keeps amazing accountability. The only drawback if I was nitpicking is their online chat support which can take some time for a response. But you can always just call their support number instead and they're always helpful there.

• Reviewed on 2017/01/20
Ciara S.
Ciara S.
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/16

"Great POS System for Retail"

Comments: After coming from a software POS system that offered a complicated process and little to no customer service, I was pleasantly surprised that at Springboard they have demonstrated fabulous customer service and communication through our transition to their software platform. As the Franchisor to a retail brand, I value Springboard's ease of use and fantastic support and customer service culture.

Michael A.
Industrial Automation
  • Reviewed on 2014/12/23

"Review time"

Pros: The ease of it and accessibility of it are the best. It works well for us.

Cons: Nothing so far to report, I have had a good experience thus far.

• Reviewed on 2014/12/23
Carlos a. L.
  • Reviewed on 2016/04/06

"Springboard Retail is great and reliable point-of-sale solution for small and multisite businesses"

Comments: The interface is not only simple to use, but also easy to learn.
It is a system that allow very good inventory tracking.
It has good reporting capabilities.
The customer service is fast and friendly.

• Reviewed on 2016/04/06
Katie S.
  • Reviewed on 2015/07/30

"Incredible System"

Pros: We moved over from RICS because it was an older slower moving system. Springboard's reporting function is dynamic - it works as fast as my brain works. In the past, I would run a report on performance and invariably another question would come up while I was reviewing that report - In RICS I would have to go back and rerun another report (5 mins) - with Springboard I can slice the data any way I want in a matter of seconds. I also have been consistently impressed by the support team - any time I have a question, the team is available to answer my questions - and always with a friendly and helpful attitude. ALWAYS. I know their names, they know who I am, it just feels really comforting to know I have a support team who seems to care about my business as much as I do. If they don't have the answer I am looking for, they are always quick to provide a suggestion for a workaround AND add my need to a list of projects they have going forward. I have seen almost every single one of my suggestions turn into a feature on Springboard. I also really like that I can open up another register (Station) as my business dictates - I am not locked into paying for features that I only use seasonally.

Cons: There are not many bad things I can say about Springboard. Every complaint I have has been addressed - occasionally I will request a feature or a metric (Inventory Turn!) that is not available now - and for the most part I have seen them implemented. There are several features concerning Open to Buy that I would like to see going forward. Also, Springboard only integrates with one Credit Card Processor, and although they were able to give me a very low rate, it's not great to be locked into one option. Also there have been a few outages in service (very few but still a scary situation)

• Reviewed on 2015/07/30
Steven L.
  • Reviewed on 2021/09/03

"Read the contract"

Comments: Awful. Was lied to by representatives prior to set up that cancellation will not cost anything if I did not like the system. This is one of those systems that if you plan to get installed, READ THE CONTRACT and DO NOT BELIEVE THE REPRESENTATIVE.

Pros: Nothing at all, everything was expensive to set up. We were sold equipment we already had on hand before installation.
The POS system itself was very outdated and hard for myself, and my employees to use.
Does not have a tipping system as we were told by representative prior to set up.

Cons: Everything, the fees, the monthly cost, and how outdated the system was on functionally and use compared to what is out there in the market.

• Reviewed on 2021/09/03
Mike W.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/09

"9,000 SKU's and 30 days to make the change - DONE!"

Comments: We were terrified of changing POS systems in September right before the holidays. It just didn't seem conceivable to me that I could make the switch to making sales within our 30 day window. I was convinced we would make it after week two of the transition. I was truly stunned at how easy it went - I am a realist and just knew we'd come up against something that would stand in our way. It didn't and we nailed the date easy.

Pros: VERY flexible platform allows a decent level of customization to make sure you can parse your data the way YOU need to - not how someone somewhere THINKS you need to. Rock solid and reliable importing/exporting. This POS does what a POS system should do - make you more efficient. We're still only a couple weeks in but we feel like we know it pretty well and I have confidence we made a good choice for our retail business.

Cons: I would like US based phone support but they actually manage the chat support surprisingly well. We've not been left hanging yet and we've not stumped them, so I am not feeling to bad about it - as long as they keep up as the demand increases, which I am sure it will.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/09
Luanne P.
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/16

"Great Software for Retail Stores"

Comments: This is a great software for a retail store. It is wonderful if you have multiple locations. Love being able to check the status of the stores from anywhere.

Pros: Easy to use, love the reporting, love that it is cloud based.

Cons: Sometimes struggle to create reports but that is probably more operator error. Most other items that I did not like have been fixed over time.

Andree F.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry
  • Reviewed on 2016/04/05

"Go Springboard or Go Home!"

Pros: I love the product. It was so easy to get up and running --the SB team was really helpful. The best part about Springboard is the powerful reporting tool. I have access to mission critical data that allows me to make better business decisions. I have visibility into all aspects of my business from anywhere. It truly is a bottom lime booster!

Cons: Everything the product does, it does very well. I'm a wholesaler using a retail platform so I have some work arounds but it's worth it.

Katie F.
Field Operations Manager

"Love the Support!"

Comments: I am always very happy with the support and extra effort the support staff provides at Springboard Retail. I appreciate the time spent on explaining processes and the empathy that show being in retail.

John R.
Merchandise manager
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/06

"Springboard Retail software"

Comments: This software has been the easiest to learn and the report capabilities are amazing. You can sent them to review customer by vendor and size to a multitude of inventory and vendor reports. We have found the learning curve to quick and with adding touch screen monitors, easy.

Pros: Ease of use and reporting

• Reviewed on 2016/12/06
Natalie S.
  • Reviewed on 2014/12/11

"Springboard is a great point of sale and inventory management Software"

Pros: There are many ways to customize and organize the inventory according to our needs. The support team at Springboard is prompt, informative and courteous.

Cons: We have had issues with running credit cards, and sometimes the program will crash unexpectedly. Springboard has yet to offer a way to synch up the inventory management with our website, which they have been promising but have not yet delivered.

• Reviewed on 2014/12/11
Priom R.
Website Designer
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/22

"Great to be on board"

Pros: -user friendliness
-user interference
-customer support
-reporting
-two way integration with BigCommerce promised to be coming soon

Cons: The only negative feedback I can give now is that Springboard does not have an employee time clock tracking.

• Reviewed on 2017/02/22