Heartland Retail Reviews

by Heartland Retail

• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,4 /5

About Heartland Retail

Heartland Retail is more than just a POS! Learn about our enterprise-grade retail management features!

Learn more about Heartland Retail

Ashley B.
Jewelry Production
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/20

"Springboard Retail works for Wholesale Companies, too"

Comments: We found Springboard Retail after searching for a program that can manage many elements of a wholesale business all in one program. We started using it Summer of 2014. We are now able to manage our inventory that is in our office and out with sales reps and on consignment. Although there is no "consignment" part to the program, there's a workaround within the system that is fine. Since everything is in the cloud, we have access to this information anywhere and anytime, even on a mobile phone with the app. It is especially helpful at tradeshows. The reporting functions are amazing and show us very valuable information about sales and products and locations of products that we never had before. Each inventory item allows you to add images and customize as you need. You can duplicate items easily and set up frequently ordered items as needed. It does take some practice to learn everything, especially since we use the program from a wholesale view but once you figure everything out, it is very quick to use and invaluable to our company now. The support service always gets back to us right away if we have a question or problem (which isn't very often). My only issue is with our Quickbooks integration. The integration pushes invoices or credits over to Quickbooks from Springboard as journal entries but then you have to re-enter the invoice/credit specifics into Quickbooks in order to actually have the info/details in Quickbooks. Then we run a Quickbooks report to make sure we haven't missed any invoices. It is a bit time consuming and there is room for error if you forget to enter in an invoice or mistype something. Springboard has said they are working on a better way to handle this but we haven't received any details yet. This one issue is small compared to the positives of the software. I would highly recommend it to any business that needs to manage inventory in one or many locations and is looking for a great reporting system.

Pros: Manage inventory, run reports, invoice and credits, manage consignments -- everything is all in one program.
It's mobile and in the cloud so we have access anywhere and anytime.
Support always responds in a timely manner.

Cons: Quickbooks integration not the best, but works with a little effort.

Katie S.
  • Reviewed on 2015/07/30

"Incredible System"

Pros: We moved over from RICS because it was an older slower moving system. Springboard's reporting function is dynamic - it works as fast as my brain works. In the past, I would run a report on performance and invariably another question would come up while I was reviewing that report - In RICS I would have to go back and rerun another report (5 mins) - with Springboard I can slice the data any way I want in a matter of seconds. I also have been consistently impressed by the support team - any time I have a question, the team is available to answer my questions - and always with a friendly and helpful attitude. ALWAYS. I know their names, they know who I am, it just feels really comforting to know I have a support team who seems to care about my business as much as I do. If they don't have the answer I am looking for, they are always quick to provide a suggestion for a workaround AND add my need to a list of projects they have going forward. I have seen almost every single one of my suggestions turn into a feature on Springboard. I also really like that I can open up another register (Station) as my business dictates - I am not locked into paying for features that I only use seasonally.

Cons: There are not many bad things I can say about Springboard. Every complaint I have has been addressed - occasionally I will request a feature or a metric (Inventory Turn!) that is not available now - and for the most part I have seen them implemented. There are several features concerning Open to Buy that I would like to see going forward. Also, Springboard only integrates with one Credit Card Processor, and although they were able to give me a very low rate, it's not great to be locked into one option. Also there have been a few outages in service (very few but still a scary situation)

• Reviewed on 2015/07/30
Seth G.
Director of Operations
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/05

"Great product, even better company"

Comments: I consider it a great decision on our part to go with Springboard Retail. While I am able to list some areas of opportunities for them, it is very reassuring to know that they constantly strive to improve their software based on client input. They actually really listen to feedback and many times act on it quickly if other clients can benefit from the change. This is refreshing. In my opinion, it would be challenging to find a better value or partnership on the market.

Pros: Ease of use - intuitive nature
Support team - always feel as if we are partners working together
Dynamic Reporting
Easy to customize certain fields to fit business needs
Real-time reporting and sales sales metrics
Mobility - using ipads within the stores, viewing results via smartphone
Integration - happy with the timeline, support, and ease
Training - very easy to train on this software, love the training mode
Knowledge base - this is such a big plus. The articles are current and easy to find quickly
Search capability - this is easily overlooked, but being able to put in part of an item's name, number or description and find what you need is huge! Same with customer information.

Cons: Within the current software, I would like to be able to use a fiscal calendar vs the Gregorian calendar.
Outside of software- although Springboard Retail is focusing on their core competencies, I do wish the following was available within the software and not through third parties:
Time clock feature
Loyalty/VIP Customer feature
Integrated payment - we use Clover and integrate

• Reviewed on 2018/03/05
Lloyd B.
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/17

"Great Software. Beware of the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]"

Comments: Spend days trying to reach competent support. All of those glowing reviews you may be reading were for the previous team.

Pros: Functional POS software that does what it needs to do with good reporting features

Cons: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] seems to have gotten rid of the folks that made Springboard exceptional. Support is terrible.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/17
Kelly R.
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/04

"Fantastic"

Pros: Great inventory tracking and reports, nice smooth checkout process, convenient daily dashboard, constant improvements

Cons: Small but major glitches exist when using with an iPad that are continuously ignored as has been my last 4 requests for help with them. Very few of the customer support technicians know what they are doing

• Reviewed on 2017/12/04
Emily E.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 2016/04/01

"Big Fan of Springboard Retail"

Pros: This easy to use system helps our seasonal business and team focus on driving sales. It's VERY easy to use - all of our employees are taught how to ring a customer up on day one. As Director of Stores, I'm constantly looking at sales from my smartphone and diving into the VERY STRONG custom reporting tool when at a computer.

Cons: Hmm.. I struggle with the bluetooth scanners connecting to our store iPads - however this is not a Springboard Retail issue. This is a problem with the hardware & hardware technology.

• Reviewed on 2016/04/01
Xiorelis C.
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/20

"Good system for small retailers"

Comments: I am happy with the service provided, customer service responds very fast, the reporting part of the system is great and very friendly to use. I do wish you had more POS hardware available, cooler looking ipad size hardware, etc.

Pros: Reports
Easy to use
I can access from any computer anywhere I go
Great customer service

Cons: Hardware options are limited

Richard Q.
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/22

"Easy to use"

Pros: Software is easy to use. Works well for our products

Cons: Needs better choices for printers vs having to take extra steps to print receipts

• Reviewed on 2019/08/22
Susan R.
Co-owner
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/01

"Good quality"

Comments: We've been using Springboard since we opened our store. We've been happy with the overall features and quality.

Pros: Easy to use

Cons: Issues with hardware

• Reviewed on 2017/02/01
Kristen Z.
Vice President
Luxury Goods & Jewelry
  • Reviewed on 2016/09/20

"Top of the line data in easy to use system"

Pros: It is extremely easy to use - from beginners to experienced users.

Cons: Would love to have kitting - this would allow us to better track our parts inventory.

• Reviewed on 2016/09/20
Lauren F.
  • Reviewed on 2014/07/07

"I use this daily for checking out customers at vestique."

Pros: Training is easy, and overall, it is very user-friendly compared to other products we have used.

Cons: I wish we could search directly from the Find tab instead of having to click on the Find button and then on Search. It would be easier if you could start searching automatically by typing what you are looking for into the search bar. When doubling up new customers, I wish it would ask if you want to add a duplicate or not.

• Reviewed on 2014/07/07
Ciara S.
COO
  • Reviewed on 2015/05/27

"Springboard Great POS Solution"

Pros: Communication is seamless. From the time I contacted them until the time we went live, the Springboard team communicated efficiently and timely. Any project can be accomplished if there is a efficient process and Springboard has this covered! We will be implementing this program across all of our retail locations.

Cons: There isn't anything we have fond so far. I think eventually the PC desktop version should look a little more like it was made for desktop VS. made for an iPad , but overall we are so satisfied.

• Reviewed on 2015/05/27
Ciara S.
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/16

"Great POS System for Retail"

Comments: After coming from a software POS system that offered a complicated process and little to no customer service, I was pleasantly surprised that at Springboard they have demonstrated fabulous customer service and communication through our transition to their software platform. As the Franchisor to a retail brand, I value Springboard's ease of use and fantastic support and customer service culture.

• Reviewed on 2017/01/16
Carlos a. L.
  • Reviewed on 2016/04/06

"Springboard Retail is great and reliable point-of-sale solution for small and multisite businesses"

Comments: The interface is not only simple to use, but also easy to learn.
It is a system that allow very good inventory tracking.
It has good reporting capabilities.
The customer service is fast and friendly.

• Reviewed on 2016/04/06
Caroline A.
  • Reviewed on 2014/06/26

"Wonderful!"

Pros: I love how user-friendly it is!

Cons: Sometimes it does freeze! Also, I wish that it would integrate more easily.

• Reviewed on 2014/06/26
Josh H.
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/03

"no refund no matter how poor the services is"

Pros: i do not know what the pros would be because they were not a good fit for our company. they didn't care about my experience and refused to refund my money.

Cons: it does not matter to them if they are a good fit for your company. I realized in one week that it was not a good fit for us. they kept my money for a full year subscription and i got nothing in return

• Reviewed on 2018/08/03
Darren S.
Ops Manager
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/22

"DLM Supply"

Comments: I have been very pleasantly surprised about how well Springboard has worked out for our Men's Clothing boutique in Dallas. My colleague and I did some extensive research in POS systems. We both had a history of working with larger clothing retailers so we were accustomed to robust reporting, advanced order systems, and detailed item management. Springboard has been able to deliver on all fronts. I've also come to appreciate the support system that is built in. There is a message board available to submit requests/questions and the follow through has been pretty good. They have listened to some of our feature requests and I have noticed a couple of them were implemented on the following system update (which they also do frequently). We are currently working on getting our website up and running on Shopify, and the integration is working great in terms of syncing inventory.

Pros: Reporting, reporting, reporting. Reports are entirely customizable and there are several metrics to choose from. I feel like i have been able to replicate several of the reports that I had available to me at the large corporation that i worked at, and that has been very impressive. User friendly interface on the POS. Very easy to teach to new users. Detailed item management capability with unlimited customizable fields. Allows for even more robust reporting. Ipad app works well

Cons: There were a couple bugs early on when using certain browsers. We now use Google Chrome more often than not and it seems to be working fine. I wish the item management integrated more seemlessly to our Shopify site, but i think this is nitpicking a bit since most of the other POS systems don't even offer any integration. Definitely pricier than the competition, but you get bang for the buck. Web based interface is risky if you have network connectivity issues. We have been lucky thus far, but I could see this as being an issue for others. Wish there was an iPhone app, a little hard to view on the iPhone browser.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/22
David F.
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/05

"Over Promise & Under Deliver"

Comments: On the recommendation of another store in the area that uses Springboard I decided to try them out. I was initially told I would be able to use all my same equipment that I used with a previous point of sale system, later that turned out to not be the case & at considerable cost. Importing the product seemed to be an extraordinary challenge for them as well, even though they said they switched customers from my previous point of sale to theirs, "all the time." All in all it took them over 7 days to import, and I'm still missing information or have information in the wrong places. Once we were ready to go with product in place, the new machinery they made me purchase stopped communicating with their Point of Sale & after several hours on the phone & several hundred dollars of walk out business they were able to fix most of it, only to have it happen several more times in the next 3 weeks. I'm still waiting on a call back from tech support so they can look at some issues that happened a week ago. All in all, this is extremely disappointing software. Had I to do it over again, I would certainly not have switched to Springboard.

Pros: It's easy for my seasonal employees to use, but not remarkably more or less than any other POS.

Cons: I was sold, "So much more than point of sale. Springboard Retail is a powerful, cloud POS software and retail management platform designed to help you sell more, smarter." So far it has entirely failed to live up to that billing. Rather cumbersome to put transactions on hold & recall, no time clock feature, a 4 to 5 step purchase order to purchase receipt function that is again, a bit cumbersome.

• Reviewed on 2016/10/05
Neil S.
CEO / President
  • Reviewed on 2016/04/16

"The people make this great"

Comments: Folks,
I have been in the POS purchasing line of work now for 20 years, or so it seems. I originally had an MS-DOS based system that could not properly communicate to the head office, it also cost a fortune. Then I went with QB POS. It pretty good, but the customer service sucked and it had lots of limitations, and again communication problems. I tried of few of the first of the cloud based solutions, which were problemed with small companies who grew too fast and again terrible customer service. I was at my wits end after dealing with Amazon. Then one day while I was miserating about my situation on my daily search for a pos system that could deal with apparel in a decent way, I found Runit Realtime. I kind of liked it, even though it cost a fortune for .............. I told the sales manager that I wanted to go with it. He never called me back, or emailed. Oh well. I finally learned, if the customer service sucks, don't bother with the company. Then I found Springboard. The sales folks at Springboard answered all of my questions, and phone calls, and emails. It seemed to be too good to be true, but I was desperate. They hooked me up!!! I am pretty well versed with IT and I set it up with a couple of quick uploads. As time went along I came to know the support staff. Derek, the support bossman, has his act together. It is a small team and they all know who I am. I have made some suggestions to them, and they roll out the coding in a few weeks. These guys are on the ball. Right now, I am awaiting the roll out of pictures on my reporting. This is breakthrough technology for a small company, or any company to deliver this kind of reporting. It is amazing!!! My numbers are up last month 206% of previous year due to my ability to better manage my buys and reporting. I have asked them to look into doing multichannel. They seemed interested. As for now, they have an API with Shopify. I set up my site by myself. It looks great and is easy as pie. I think they have a free month. Anyways, I am not on their sales team, but I feel like I should be. Springboard is what it is named. It has springboarded me towards easier living and more money. I don't often write review, but for this program I do believe it will benefit those who read reviews and will definitely those who sign up. Good luck with your POS, ( we all know what POS stand for, usually Piece of Sh*t). With Derek and his team it is more like Program of Support!

• Reviewed on 2016/04/16
Pattie D.

"Good Tool!"

Comments: This is a very nice tool that works as a POS as well as inventory and order capturing. It's pricey though.

Pros: POS is easy to use.

Cons: VERY pricey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus the additional spend for adding another terminal just to use at off-site events is cost prohibitive when there are other options out there for less money or for free.

Lindsey G.
Retail store owner
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/13

"Big help for small business"

Comments: We upgraded to springboard in 2016 and it has greatly increased our efficiency and accuracy. We love that it ties to our management software, online store, and our existing email programs!

Pros: Very user friendly and fairly intuitive.

Cons: When it runs slow or doesn't sync in a timely manner. I also REALLY wish there was a time management clock in/out function to track payroll AND that the shipment fulfillment worked properly between Shopify and springboard.

Andree F.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry
  • Reviewed on 2016/04/05

"Go Springboard or Go Home!"

Pros: I love the product. It was so easy to get up and running --the SB team was really helpful. The best part about Springboard is the powerful reporting tool. I have access to mission critical data that allows me to make better business decisions. I have visibility into all aspects of my business from anywhere. It truly is a bottom lime booster!

Cons: Everything the product does, it does very well. I'm a wholesaler using a retail platform so I have some work arounds but it's worth it.

• Reviewed on 2016/04/05
Amel S.
Designer
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/11

"Manadge your store, clients and inventory in one app."

Comments: Good software, wish there was a less expensive version.

Pros: Springboard retail is a great point of sale software. You can have your inventory save in a cloud, your costumer preferences saved in the app, wich helps vendors to push sales and find the best matches for the buyer and improve revenue. It also generates multiple graphics and informations for better managing your stores, knowing every information about your products and how they're selling. Is a great tool to have.

Cons: It doesn't have a free version and the single store option is expensive. I believe that the multi store or franchise are more attractive.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/11