• Overall
    3,7 /5
    3,7 /5
    3,3 /5

About Act!

Act! CRM includes dynamic sales pipeline management and powerful emarketing, transforming Act! into the ultimate SMB toolset.

Learn more about Act!

Thomas O.
Director, Business Development
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/07

"Love the ease of use for both entering data and retrieving info"

Comments: I use it to track my clients and prospects and I can tell anyone the last time I made contact, what that was - letter, Email, Phone Call, etc. and it allows me to connect important info to any of my clients, prospects, friends and family.

Pros: The fact that I was able to use the product immediately with no instruction was a great pro. Entering data and retrieving info about a client is easy, and building history of calls, Email messages, letters in a record is great.

Cons: I am not happy with support as all they do is provide a fix when there is a problem, but not direction in how to build reports or use other functionality. I have had to fix the same problem with direction from their service group several times. If I ask for help with reports they tell me I need to find a consultant for that.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/07
Tammy W.
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/14

"ACT! for Insurance/Financial Advisors"

Comments: I love all the features that meet the needs of financial advisors. The customizable fields are beneficial and improve the overall use of the software. It has probably just as many features as other customer relations management programs but cost is substantially less. Very happy with my selection.

Pros: The Act! for Advisors software has been modified to meet the requirements of a financial advisor which includes being able to input information regarding insurance contracts. The new Marketing Automation is an great way to send out Newsletters, etc.

Cons: They have lots of online resources/video's to learn the Marketing Automation. You can also speak to customer service but they recently cut their remote access where you can have customer service work on your computer to help answer/show you how to do things with the marketing automation.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/14
Andrea M.
Director of Business Development
Law Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/28

"Great product, a lot of capabilities!"

Comments: Great! I have zero complaints. I do need to take some time to learn more functions but that is on me, not the program.

Pros: Ease of use. I have used it in the past so familiarity.

Cons: The remote app is not as user friendly as some I have seen but it works.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/28
Cindy T.
Loan Officer
Financial Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/25

"This is a great place to start"

Pros: If you're new to using a CRM or want to keep things very simple, this system can't be beat for the money. It does all the basics with ease.

Cons: If you want to dig deeper and do email campaigns or capture custom information, this isn't the best system to use. When my company stopped supporting it, I began to have a lot of problems operating the system, and the ACT support team was not very helpful. I spent hours trying to use the system and then had to give us and switch to another one. This happened right after I renewed for another year, and they did not want to refund me.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/25
IT Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/05

"ACT functionality in 2019"

Comments: Functional software for contact and opportunity management that has been in use for over 20 years with a consistent interface. All contact management software requires a learning curve to effectively use the software. My consulting clients do not use the marketing component of ACT, so those features have not been evaluated as of yet. ACT has gone through a number of owners, and the current owners seem to be putting in the effort to keep pace with Microsoft Outlook. Quickbooks integration could still be better though, but cooridnating with third party vendors will always be a challenge.

Pros: Consistent interface through the years, reliable functionality and easy to resolve simple issues. Even in a small business, hosting the database on a consumer grade PC and operating system still provides a functional and fast connection. The ability to create an offline database that can then be synced with the master database is very useful for laptop users. Finally in ACT 2018/2019, the interface between Outlook 365 (aka Outlook 2016) and ACT! is finally more reliable.

Cons: The time it takes to create a large offline database seems way to slow. Some troubleshooting issues require support from ACT!. I strongly recommend a support plan with ACT!

• Reviewed on 2019/04/05
Denise E.
Legal Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/29

"Product Great but Tech Support Stinks"

Comments: I've been using Act! since the early 1990s, in three different industries. For the first industry, it increased my close ratio of willing qualified buyers from around 80% to over 95%. In the second and third industries that metric was not easily measurable because of long relationship lead times, but it dramatically assisted efficiency.

Pros: Ease of use, flexibility of design, reports, ability to track relationships across multiple contacts, and mass mailing abilities

Cons: Seems a little unstable at times for some features, and tech support is a game of Russian Roulette with perhaps one person in 10 who can troubleshoot a problem and fix it. The rest seem to be untrained, seem to have no analytical skills or trouble shooting abilities, seem to be reading off knowledge base scripts, and often make or recommend changes that end up making matters even worse. The product is WONDERFUL when it works properly, which is most of the time. But lookout for 2-7 days of downtime if you hit that problem that is too much for the low level tech support people.

Bruce L.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/20

"Using ACT!"

Comments: I have been using the program for 15 years. I like that when I last upgraded I did not have to learn everything over again! Microsoft does this and I don't care for it. I use mostly the contact database. However, I expect to purchase another copy of the program because of a new contract that will have extensive telemarketing and reporting.

Pros: Easy to use

Cons: Some of the features I will never use and some of the features take some time to learn how to use.

by Swiftpage on 2017/01/30

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the review!

For reference, we offer a wide range of help and support materials for Act!, and can advise on further training if requested.

For new users of Act!, our Getting Started resource center is useful for learning the basics of Act! and getting up and running.

We also have a free online training library full of videos detailing many of the features of Act!. Visit this here: https://www.act.com/resources/feature-tours

It's also possible to purchase training workbooks which teach the fundamentals of using and administrating Act! in detail. http://swiftpage.com/training/order-manuals

If you need any advice on any of the help materials we offer, please don't hesitate to ask!

Act!

• Reviewed on 2017/01/20
Greg W.
Broker
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/06

"Good and Bad"

Comments: Since I've updated it's been 1 a headache after another. I kept ACT Bc of my familiarity with the product. But now I have problems with SQL servers not starting, lost a database, and have to pay for customer service? The Customer support guys do work hard to fix your Problem. But paying to fix a problem ACT created or overlooked seems greedy. So minus 2 stars. Also getting some of the reports is not as easy as it uses to be. I don't use all the features of this software but some of it would be great, but now redundant as I have other programs handling those for me. Overall it's just "C" maybe "C+" for me.

Pros: Layout and look. All the different features and uses.

Cons: Sometimes when I print address labels, it will go and grab the actual address instead of the PO Box. Also 1 wrong click and suddenly everyone connected with a company has that company's address. Also really had a hard time with Birthday reports. I just want 1 specific month, not everyone in random order. SQL servers don't always boot up.

• Reviewed on 2017/01/06
Stuart P.
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/04

"Good for small business needs"

Comments: Been using it for 15 years. Good overall,

Pros: Highly customizable fields. At each upgrade, all my changes are carried forward without me needing to do anything. Solid follow-up system.

Cons: My only complaint is the size of the application on the screen. The settings that I use on the screen work for all my other programs. This displays just a bit smaller than I would like. Haven't found a way to correct.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/04
Nicole S.
Agent
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/08

"ACT has many features, but most of them are cumbersome and lacking full functionality."

Pros: Our office has been using this product since before I started. It is a solid database program and if that is all you want to do is have a large database of contacts, then this performs well.

Cons: I dislike how this is still only available for windows computers which makes communicating information in an office with both Mac and PC impossible. Also, the outlook plug in that allows emails to be synced with a contact in ACT will only link emails to the PRIMARY contact. So that means you have to manually sync that. If you are emailing over 100 emails a day, you end up either spending most of your time manually syncing contacts or just foregoing this feature. Also, you can only add 4 contacts to a company. Often times, we need to have upwards of 6-10 contacts for a company so the inability to add more is a huge issue. And since ACT isn't online, any changes made on any employee computers while not connected to the server means no one else has access to that info until they make it back to the office to sync. Which means our data is never fully up to date. There are so many problems with this software that we often don't try to take advantage of any of the other functions.

by Swiftpage on 2018/03/12

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your feedback!

You're correct that our main desktop product is only available for PC. Did you know we do offer a fully web-based solution, Act! Premium Cloud? This works great on PC and Mac, as well as keeping your data online on our hosted cloud servers.

It sounds like your business could make good use of the features available via Act! Cloud - might be worth checking it out at act.com - we do offer a free trial too.

We'll definitely be taking your feedback on board for future releases - especially what you've said around email syncing. We've got some major improvements planned in this area in the next release (20.1).

Lastly, there should be no limit to how many contacts can be assigned to a company - if you're having issues adding more than 4, I'd definitely recommend contacting customer support, who'll be happy to help.

If there's anything more we can do to help, please let us know!

Thanks again,

Jon,
Act! Social Media Team

• Reviewed on 2018/03/08
Tom H.
Managing Director/Owner
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

"Long Term ACT! user"

Comments: I have been using ACT! since V.6. Presently I use V.18 on the cloud and synchronize it with Companion Link on my Blackberry phone, Android tablet and Mac Pro computer with Parallels. I depend on ACT! for scheduling appointments, contacts, email, keeping track of business opportunities, etc. Several time that I needed help from tech support and have always been very pleased with the availability and quality of prompt service. It is comforting to have this important information kept secure and readily available from anywhere anytime. I highly recommend the program and am willing to answer questions from prospective users.

Pros: Meet my needs and excellent support.

Cons: Have had problems configuring my display on Mac Pro when Windows updates my Mac running Parallels. ACT! support has always fixed the problem.

VP, Director of several organizations
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/08

"ACT database"

Comments: I’ve been using AGT since the first version. I have always promoted it with the organizations I belong too. The program hasn’t changed in regards to which is of use. My only issues are working with the Internet with it. I sold my company on using the program years ago and the Internet version then was a disaster. I haven’t had a chance to use it much with the new version for the Internet so I really can’t give you an honest opinion. However I didn’t like the screens available with the cloud versus Having the ACT pro download.

Pros: Ease of use and being able to creat your own setups

Cons: Its internet function w cloud wasnt the same as using the download. It didn’t have the same feel to me.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/08
Kenneth M.
Mortgage Banker/Realtor
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/21

"Offers the flexibility to set trigger actions which streamlines my day"

Pros: Managing my database through alerts and predetermined actions. Keeping my day organized seamlessly. I'm able to record Outlook correspondence/emails automatically into my clients history for future reference. I prefer using my desktop version however, I'm able to sync my database and access using the cloud version from my phone.

Cons: Can be a little pricey to make changes to the present template that ACT provides as this usually requires an ACT consultant to build what you want. This is assuming the current templates are not satisfactory.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/21
Richard L.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/11

"One of better contact management softwares"

Comments: I have tried to replace ACT! with another CRM, Contact Management program. Evaluating the value/cost/functionality/support (SalesForce Basic is more expensive and doesn't come with tech support). For the 20 years I've used ACT! I'm still there, plus I introduced it to a bank's division since it was/is easy to use. As a note, I do not rate an A in technical know-how. One might say I'm a semi-knowledgeable user.

Pros: I use ACT! because it is relatively easy to use with many very useful functions. Tracking and organizing emails, sent and received as well as phone calls becomes almost routine. Several years ago I was updating database and came across an old, maybe 10 years, client who's daughter's birth date I had entered after a call. I called him up, only a week late, to wish his daughter Happy Birthday. After being shocked that I would remember I got a new assignment from his company.

Cons: India call centers = MAJOR weakness. User since the 1990s, V 1.0. Swiftpage is 4th owner. Must have TECHNICAL SUPPORT contract.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/11
ICT Manager
Music, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/16

"Simple, streamlined CRM to help you keep on track of your leads"

Comments: Happy users, efficient and easy access to customer/lead data

Pros: This is very easy to use, simple yet powerful CRM. End users are very happy with the functionality and has been much easier for management to get staff engaged vs similar products we've tried in the past. The UI is clean and simple, data entry is fast and the inbuilt reports are intuitive.

Cons: From an IT administration standpoint, can be a little clunky deploying on multiple machines. Having said that, once installed it's pretty much maintenance free and requires very little hand holding.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/16
Richard H.
Vice President
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/29

"Solid CRM Program"

Comments: I have been using ACT for over ten years and found it well suited for my small business application

Pros: I particularly like the fact that it has all of the fields that I need and it is easy to use.

Cons: I guess the most I like least is the amount of features and benefits that I am not really using due to the fact that I like the simplicity and don't go for the complex. I am sure I am not using the software to its true potential but I like its consistency and ease in application and process.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/29
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/23

"I have used ACT! Vs 18 for a little over a year for a client. I will say it has its ups and downs"

Comments: It does allow you set appointments and manage client information. But, it is very time consuming and you have to do a lot of steps to get what you are wanting out of it.

Pros: This software doesn't require a monthly charge (if you have the desktop version) It allows you to create customized reports and input more information then you possibly could need.

Cons: This software has several Cons, One of the biggest is that its not user friendly so much. it takes you a long time to figure out how to use functions. I had trouble when I fist started using it. Also, when I wanted up upload excel spreadsheets of client info into the CRM. I had to buy an "Add On" which I think should of been something included in the program.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/23
Peter S.
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/07

"I Recommend ACT to any of my clients looking for a CRM system"

Comments: Tangent Strategies is a selling education and support company. We have used ACT for over a decade. It keeps track of every customer and prospect we have and every communication we've had with them. We schedule activities, telephone calls and meetings on ACT. ACT reminds us when it is time to reach out to our prospects again and never lets us forget the meetings we've scheduled with our customers. These reminders have been a god-send ... when we might have otherwise forgotten an important meeting during our crazy busy days. ACT is a valued member of our selling instruction and selling support team.

Pros: Ease of use.

Cons: Nothing I can think of.

• Reviewed on 2017/01/07
John R.
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/16

"have used Act for a long time and find it very helpful to track and find my contacts."

Pros: I routinely take advantage of the edit contacts and create unique fields which help in the search function. plus I can sort contacts to post to my iPhone.

Cons: first I prefer that enhancements not change the basic format as the software is a little difficult to become confortable with but once a comfort level is mastered a change is made to improve the software and the improvement requires another learning curve. syncing Act to my iPhone and back to Act is not as smooth as I would like.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/16
Chief Marketing Officer
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/29

"Ease of use (and I have used a lot of other CRM's)"

Comments: very positive over the last 15 years.

Pros: I've been using Act! since 2004 and it's never let me down. It has improved over the years. I have also worked with companies that have implemented SF and other CRM systems and each and every time, they have moved over to ACt. It is easy to use, easy to understand and it can perform far more complex operations than some of the better known (and lauded) competitors

Cons: None. I have used the web and desktop versions.

Darryl H.
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees

"Act! is the Best!"

Comments: 1st of all Act! customer, service is off the charts great. Always so friendly and helpful. I have been using ACT! for over 20 years. We always hear of the flashy shiny new competitors on the market. I have found the Act! to do everything I wanted to do and it's ability to be programmed to do anything else we need.... That's all I need.

Pros: Fast ... features always work.... dependable.

Cons: Nothing wrong that Act isn't working on. I wish the hosted version was a little more flexible.... but that is just personal and visual wishes for me.

Publicist
Publishing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/05

"Great for a general database"

Comments: Act! is definitely an easy way to keep and organize all of my contacts. I've had a positive experience with customer service as well.

Pros: I use Act! as a database for my publicity and influencer contacts. It allows me to make various lists that I can download and use offline.

Cons: It is difficult to update large batches of contacts without starting over again or updating contact by contact. I wish that I could eliminate fields that I won't use. Searching has to be precise.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/05
Rachel W.
Corporate Applications Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/28

"It is a useful application if you are a solo individual not needing integration."

Pros: There seems to be a lot of functionality and ability to work in-depth with contacts and the information provided with the contacts.

Cons: It is not easy to have more than one person work off of the same database and keep everything integrated. We sync with Gmail and at this time it only allows for one account to sync email messages. We can sync the contacts to multiple accounts with the help of a third party software but only one for the Gmail messages.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/28
Administrative Director
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/17

"Great CRM Software"

Comments: Very functional and not difficult to use.

Pros: Actually, there are many, but the thing I like most about this software is the way it is set up to find duplicates, then merge those dups.

Cons: The limited space in some of the areas you can update. I understand there has to be limits, but that's the only thing I can think of right now. It's not really terribly bad, you just have to readjust your thinking sometimes witch is also not a bad thing.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/17