Filter by:

• Overall

About Thinkific

Thinkific is an all-in-one platform that empowers experts & teachers to quickly create and deliver stunning courses on their own sites.

Learn more about Thinkific

Karen C.
Program Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/18

"Thinkific Learning Management System"

Comments: Amazing! I highly recommend the software and the team. For the money, you cannot do any better!

Pros: I love the customer support and training. I was able to launch my program in two hours with no assistance. The Quick Start program is an amazing example of what we should all aspire to in our online training videos. The software is easy to navigate and has some beautiful templates to help jumpstart user progress.

Cons: I was a little limited with the amount and layout of content on the course sales pages. Wish options here were more flexible. Also, the reporting at my subscription level is a little time-consuming requiring exports to Excel to confirm actual totals each time. It's easy enough to work around, however, and I have found customer support to be exceptional at helping me with some of my more creative workarounds.

Alternatives Considered: Kajabi, Podia and TalentLMS

Reasons for Switching to Thinkific: Capabilities, particular strengths in online learning management, ease of use, price, customer support

Cheryl M.
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/20

"Great Option"

Comments: I enjoyed Thinkific and may yet return to it when my current contract is up with the LMS I moved to earlier this year. It's certainly as easy to use, and the sales page option is better designed. Everything else is about the same, but Thinkific is slightly more expensive and the pricing model is confusing.

Pros: I liked most that there was a free option to get started and that there is a front end option that shows all courses owned by an account native to the program. Thinkific is easy to use and now that it has added a community feature it's almost perfect.

Cons: At the time I switched from Thinkific, I did so to get a native community feature so my students wouldn't have to go to Facebook for community. Now that Thinkific has added it, there's only one complaint I have, and that is that I need another layer of complexity for my courses. Unfortunately, I haven't found an LMS that has that, so Thinkific is no worse in that regard than any other LMS I've explored. I do have an issue with the pricing model, which is too complex and confusing. That makes it hard to compare with other options.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/20
Ana M.
Coach and Creative Strategist
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/18

"Empowering me to impact more entrepreneurs!"

Pros: Building the sales page was ridiculously simple. The templates kept the process streamlined and allowed for simple edits as needed. Love the opportunity to build my course with so many options for various types of learners and delivering content in different ways to keep students engaged.

Cons: In the course management page, I would love the ability to map out the various elements within each section, even if I don’t have the content ready to upload yet (ie, I want a video to go here and a worksheet to go there, but they aren’t complete yet)

Alternatives Considered: Kajabi and Teachable

Reasons for Switching to Thinkific: User reviews and Black Friday deal! I had to try it out and have been very pleased so far.

Sunraj A.
Director - Operations
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/18

"An all round course conducting platform"

Comments: My experience has been fantastic to be honest and I intend to continue using it further.

Pros: It negates the need to spends thousands of dollars for a LMS website. You really don't need to be a software literate to build this and start using it on the go.

Cons: The users should be trained on how they can land their websites on Search Engines. Even a small fee will be justified, but training will help take this further. Also, more Payment Gateway options should be made available directly and not through Zapier.

Diversity Educator
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/14

"Thinkific is a fantastic online learning platform"

Comments: We are growing into an international learning community with the help of Thinkific.

Pros: Versatile, well organized, easy to learn.
Free until you get going.

Cons: - Terrible discussion forum (we wish they would link up with website tool box).
- Their pricing plans have changed in ways that don't work well for us and they have not been responsive to our feedback.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/14
CEO and Coach
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/27

"Best money for value for startups"

Comments: Easy to use and set up. I am not a tech person and I set up a whole online course in 3 days so pretty cool.

Pros: There is a free function you can actually set up a whole program completely for free and they only charge a % of the sale. It’s perfect for start ups.

Cons: I found anything I don’t like so far. I am really happy with it.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/27
Brian møller J.
Brian møller J.
CEO & Mind trainer
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/07

"Any school or academy will fit right into Thinkific"

Comments: I love the team behind thinkific as well, the weekly information to use the software, to hint out what is working at the time. Designs tutorials on any of the tasks needed to launch a successful online course.

Pros: I love the drag and drop options. The ease of use and bulk importers. I have such a great contact to my students and abundant options to get my teachings across. The editors are functional and best of all: The designs are professional and looks like a Tesla ;) I have room for up to 2gb videos! That is hosting and being serious to support online education. Did I mention it is Per Video!!

Cons: There is one thing I'd like to see different on Thinkific. My ability to have more sub-modules in each Chapter of my courses. That's it. Otherwise, I have nothing to say.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/07
Greg D.
Coach
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/16

"Blown Away!"

Comments: The reason being is that the ease of use and sheer user friendly platform is a delight to work with. Being not the techy I am usually annoyed after about 10 minutes if any system but this is not only simple to operate and use but I created a course in just over a week. I am still in shock as to how I managed to do so much so easily and feel lucky to have found Thinkific. Thanks guys for thinking of us!

Pros: Ease of use, attractive platform, modern and slick.

Cons: None I can think of yet!

by Thinkific on 2017/02/16

Thanks for the great review Greg! We really appreciate that you took the time to leave us one and we're excited that you're finding using our platform a great experience.

"...if you are thinking of Thinkific think no longer and get it," should be our new motto!

Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 2017/02/16
Kingsley W.
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/24

"Great service"

Comments: My overall experience with Thinkific has been fantastic and it is currently the cornerstone of our e-learning delivery.

Pros: Thinkific is so easy to set-up and has a wealth of customisation options. I like being able to rely on the platform to provide a good experience for users, even at scale.

Cons: It is sometimes incompatible for users of older browsers.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/24
Kate M.
Kate M.
Owner/Founder
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/16

"Deliver Your Online Course or Digital Product With Ease"

Comments: I think this is an ideal solution for someone just getting started with an online business.

Pros: I think Thinkific is super intuitive to use and offers regular, non-techy people the ability to deliver their digital products with ease.

Cons: I would like to see an integration that allows for making the internal dashboard as well as creating landing pages more customizable.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/16
Natalie B.
Natalie B.
Owner CEO
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/25

"The perfect platform"

Comments: Super easy to use. User interface is simple so even people who are new to creating an online program will feel super smart and like they have the best tool.

Pros: I love the simplicity and ease of setting things up in Thinkific. You can have multiple courses in the platform, making it easy for your clients and students to keep their learning in one place.

Cons: There isn't anything I didn't like about Thinkific.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/25
Maria G.
Admin

"Amazing Course Platform."

Pros: In the free trial, you have a bunch of options, and you can create a perfectly working course even for free.

Cons: It was hard for the first time to personalize colours, it would have been easier to allow it to do on product page also, not only from dashboard.

Lisa L.
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/27

"I haven't found a perfect elearning platform, but Thinkific is pretty close!"

Comments: I haven't sold any classes yet, but that's due to a lack of marketing on my part. Thinkific has been great. The company made it easy for me to understand how to create a course and made itself very available to me whenever I needed help.

Pros: I think Thinkific is user friendly. I didn't have a problem setting my class up and understanding how the site works.

Cons: I wish I did Thinkific did some of the marketing for me. But, to be honest, sites that do that take a much bigger chunk of profits, so it's fair.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/27
Jessica A.
Jessica A.
Writer
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/05

"Not the best layout for the user"

Comments: I think it is a good platform. I am in the process of building my own course and thinking of using Thinkific because of their overall design customization.

Pros: I am taking a course through the Thinkific platform. The layout of the course was easy enough to follow. I appreciate that I am able see my percentage of progress through the course.

Cons: I don't like that it doesn't have an easy-to-use built-in discussion area. We have to create another login with Disqus to leave comments or open a discussion. Instead of staying within the platform, this drives most of the discussions to the Facebook group instead.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/05
Sylvester D.
Sylvester D.
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/31

"Perfect for students"

Comments: My knowledge is getting better and better with unimaginable speed

Pros: The pricing technology they used to determine my location and price accordingly. This did not affect any resource availability and provided with the best knowledge

Cons: There is no cons as such. I love the website and its user friendliness. SEO needs to be done better on the site to get more users for this.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/31
Creative
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/18

"Think no more! Great course platform!"

Pros: I love the ease of use and the versatility of​ multi-media courses.

Cons: I got a little confused with certain branding things but they give great help.

Pavel A.
Product Designer
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/11

"Easy to use, even by non-technicals !"

Pros: I have several courses in Thinkific and Also I'm teaching my audience how to make their own Thinkific Courses! Works Great so far, for me and for them. It does have everything that you need - Making your Course Paid, Free, Unlocking just some of the lessons, or even just make different types of lessons.

Cons: You are not able to translate every part of the course/website, however, is not that big deal.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/11
Shannon C.
Shannon C.
Virtual Support Specialist / Owner
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/28

"Quality course building software"

Comments: Setting up a course and getting started quickly is a plus with Thinkific.

Pros: The dashboard is easy to use. Setting up a course is straightforward and there are plenty of tutorials if you get stuck.

Cons: I had a tough time with the site builder. I found it cumbersome and limiting compared to other builders with few customizations. The site themes are nice but limited as well.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/28
Constance T.
Broker & Instructor
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/20

"Wow customer service"

Comments: The product did not work for my needs, after I had already purchased it. I discontinued my subscription in less than 24 hours. Most companies would not refund the payment as it was my fault, however these guys did immediately upon request. I as beyond impressed. Thank you.

Pros: customer service was outstanding and helpful

Cons: the tutorial videos don't match up to the current website

• Reviewed on 2020/03/20
Brady P.
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/22

"Simply spend your money here when it comes to a course platform"

Pros: - built in marketing capability
- dead simple to use course templates
- epic customer service
- affiliate tracking

Cons: The marketing platform can be a bit more robust but they are constantly improving the platform and so I know that it will continue to improve.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/22
Gordon F.
Honcho
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/15

"Great for entry - level course creation. Simple, easy, well-supported tool"

Comments: It works, gets the job done, and you're up and running quickly.

Pros: Easy to use, flexible, and it's a hosted solution, so you're not managing your web server, CMS, LMS, etc., Leaves you time and energy to focus on course content

Cons: Simple, and limited to a few themes for look-and-feel. Payment processing charges are barely competitive.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/15
Antonio D.
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/28

"the best e-learning platform"

Pros: The easiest way to put your online courses and information products out there

Cons: need more web templates to start customizing your site

• Reviewed on 2021/07/28
Farah A.
Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/07

"Good overall with critical limitations for teaching online live"

Comments: Good. They have excellent customer support and they responded to me quickly even during busy times. I actually recommended them for a company that has recorded videos and could benefit from using a modern LMS to share their recorded lessons.

Pros: I think I like the idea of the software. There are alternatives. I think I picked Thinkific first because they have clear description about their software, seemed reputable and seemed like they have good customer service and responsiveness. Their website is nicely responsive for different screen sizes. Although the theme itself is limited, and you are on your own to customize it, I felt that the drag and drop choices for the editor covered everything I need.

Cons: There were critical limitations that I felt decreased the value of the software for my business. The first thing that made me feel uncomfortable is that the website you build for your business through their LMS software would publish to the public immediately as you save the changes. I look thoroughly through the website theme settings, but there was no way to keep the website as "password protected" or "private" before it is published. As a result, I felt I should hold on about sharing important details until I write the entire content of the website, then drag and drop the content for the layout, and then put the content. After that first issue, I felt less excited. There were other limitations that resulted in me losing interest. I didn't feel like I want to pay to customize my website with HTML and CSS. importing your own website website was not a convenient option. My courses were live online but their website had no way of sharing the time on the website based on the user local or system time. I would have to pay for their Pro plan and do it myself with javascript. I could look up and learn how to do it, but I didn't want to. I felt like the software was good for only recorded content. The price they were asking for was not convincing anymore. Slowly and slowly I lost interest. Finally, I saw that they charge a flat fee for each student plus their monthly fee, for any student after the 100th student. I decided not to move forward with them.

Alternatives Considered: Kajabi, TutorBird and Teachable

Reasons for Switching to Thinkific: I ended up not choosing Thinkific and went with an alternative.

• Reviewed on 2021/02/07
Wendy C.
MARKETER
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/09

"Affiliate is the Highlight"

Comments: Overall, I would say Thinkific is a great software to showcase your courses online. The affiliate feature and membership feature are the highlights of our company's objectives for this year. We are trying to slowly move all our recorded zoom videos to upload to Thinkific. We also hope using this software would ease our students learning as well as helping our company to grow by reaching out to more people.

Pros: Just as the title has mentioned, my company came towards this software because of a recommendation by our consultant. After much difficult times to look for a proper affiliate software, we decided to opt in for Thinkific as it doesn't just serve as an E-learning platform but also provides affiliation feature for enrolled students. So far, it can create unique link for each student as a referral and we are able to set up commission percentage for them. It has cut off a lot of manual work which we were previously doing. Thus, subscribing to a Pro plan in spite of the price, it is well-worth to consider for anyone looking for affiliate feature which is this simple.

Cons: The themes available are quite limited, and I do wish Thinkific would provide more samples of website for us to refer to since not everyone is good at designing. I only manage to find a few on Google which helped a little. Sizes of the images are only limited to JPG file which I didn't know why after a constant struggle of failures to upload a PNG image. Perhaps you could label JPG file instead of telling me the SIZE would be more helpful. Since my webinar courses are in Chinese and English, I do hope you would allow more choices of fonts instead. Also, as most of our students are Chinese, it would be helpful if other buttons such as "sign up" , "register" , "free preview" would have an option of languages. The Video file size is limited as well. It wasn't much of a bother as I know it is trying to promote shorter videos for better students' engagement. But the uploading can be quite slow and my speed is 160mbps. So, I doubt it's my problem??

• Reviewed on 2021/05/09
Co-ordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/07

"With Thinkific as our Platform, we have successfully launched three very different online courses."

Comments: We are at the beginning stages of offering a high quality course to students from around the world.

Pros: We researched many Platforms before choosing Thinkific. We love that Thinkific is Canadian. We love the journey that students take from first encountering the site landing page, going to the course landing page and then immersing themselves in the course. I appreciate the helpful support from the Thinkific team. They do a great job of answering our many questions. I am fortunate that Thinkific rebuilt their course editing software quite soon after we began developing our course. Their new software is quite easy to use and easy to revise. I really like their flat-rate monthly subscription fee with no hidden costs.

Cons: I wish students could purchase this course in the currency of their own country.
I wish we could pay for our subscription in Canadian funds instead of American.
We have had to purchase a separate Discussion Forum because their Disqus Plug In is a social media plug in that is not confidential, and their built in Discussion Forum is very awkward and poorly organized with no ability to search, edit, or even manage posts.
Thinkific focuses much more on supporting marketing than on supporting online course development. We were fortunate that we had already taken two excellent courses in online course development that we could apply to the Thinkific Platform.
Thinkific is less responsive to good ideas for improvement than I would like them to be. For example, despite many, many requests from many course developers it is still not possible for the course author to copy, paste and edit quizes and so there is a lot of unnecessary labour involved in inputting quizes

• Reviewed on 2017/12/07