• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,5 /5
    4,5 /5

About Thinkific

Thinkific is an all-in-one platform that empowers experts & teachers to quickly create and deliver stunning courses on their own sites.

Learn more about Thinkific

Yadah H.
Educator
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/26

"Beautiful Course Platform for Online Education"

Comments: A stunning product which I would have been happy to use (even with all the workarounds for certificates, email and quizzes). The support is quick with responses and the tutorials provided really are next-level amazing. A consistent and impressive LMS.

Pros: This is an absolutely beautiful platform. Thinkific has been in the elearning industry for years and it shows - the portal is easy to navigate and set up courses. The tutorials section is robust and detailed, giving step-by-step information on how to set up various course features and troubleshoot any issues that may come up. There is the ability to issue certificates of completion, add an assignment section for students to upload their work, basic quiz functionality, drip-scheduling as well as compulsory lessons which need to be completed before the student can move on. The lessons can consist of videos, text, PDF's (which can be downloadable or not), or quizzes. You can embed videos and links from other sites too. The course analytics allow you to see how much of a course/lesson was completed before a student drops off, giving valuable insight which enables the course creator to edit and adapt the courses to make them more engaging for the students. There is also a 'community' feature which gives students the chance to chat and give/feedback away from an external site (like a Facebook group). Thinkific does not take any of the course fees and allows the course creator to keep 100% of the profits earned. There is also a free version which has a lot of features included.

Cons: The certificates are quite basic and it's necessary to be design-savvy and tech-savvy to create a certificate which would be accepted in the upload process. The quizzes are very basic and do not support time-limits, limited retries or anything more robust than true/false or multiple choice. Should you want to integrate with a more robust quiz software, their native integrative party is quite pricey! There is no built-in email functionality aside from the notifications that can be sent to existing students. As email is becoming more popular among other learning management systems this is quite a big negative point against them. The option to whitelabel the site completely is only available on the 'Growth' plan which over and above the 'Pro' plan which is already $99.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/26
Joe G.
VP of Marketing & International Business Development
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/07

"The Best Online Course Creator"

Comments: We started with an idea to help colleagues and turned it into a course. Thinkific allowed us to get our idea out of our heads and into reality, and a usable product people could buy & use.

Pros: Thinkific made it easy to create & host our digital course for financial advisors. With any platform there is a learning curve at the beginning. Thinkific's support team was always quick to reply and help us learn the ropes.

Cons: I don't really have any complaints. It would be nice if the WYSIWYG editor were as good as Apple Pages, and turned out prettier text layouts in the templates. But, it's good enough.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/07
Client Services Director
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/10

"Fills a gap in this space with enthusiasm!"

Comments: Blackboard Course sites, Moodle, and Instructure Canvas are great products, but you have to invest in additional solutions to collect payments, etc. for selling the online courses. Thinkific does all this in 1 system with more options for site design than the big education players do. Some of the features could be more well-thought-out, but for a non-LMS company, it is incredibly easy to set up and allows you to design instructional sound materials.

Pros: I liked that you could design the access portal, the courses, and the payment methods all in 1 interface without any needs for additional products. I particularly enjoy how easy it is to set the courses up if you have your curriculum designed.

Cons: I wish there was an option to be able to have access to all the course features without fees. We are a startup and just are not in a position to charge for courses yet, meaning this would be a huge investment for us that we are not willing to make. It would be great if you could get a 6month burn-in period to test and market before going live.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/10
Anne Z.
Online Seller - Moving Stuff Around the Universe
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/09

"Thinkific is everything you need to publish online courses. There are different levels , even FREE!"

Comments: It allows a person to publish an online course and customize everything, including the price you sell it for. Thinkific has everything you need to be successful. AND they offer lots of webinars and training as you need! I look forward to using it more as I grow my online publishing business!

Pros: I like that it is customizable. I like that Thinkific offers lots of webinars and help with all aspects of publishing online courses. It allows a couple ways to collect money for your courses. They spell out exactly what to do! For a newbie like me, I began setting things up months ago while I was working on my course. As I completed it, I began uploading the lectures and made some changes to my text and landing page and other info. Easy to make it your own. I am happy with how professional it all looks. Now I will get busy with the marketing end and Thinkific can help with info about that too! Customer service is awesome and they reach out frequently to see what they can do to guide you! I highly recommend this solution for getting an online course published. I am at the entry level, but am testing the waters until I need to go further and unlock more features.

Cons: As expected the free version is basic, so in order to get to some of the good stuff, you have to upgrade. Not a big deal really, since I am producing my first course and need to go slowly.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/09
Korinne L.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/22

"Customer Service Very Disappointing"

Comments: Very frustrating! Not a customer-friendly service. While they are friendly and say they hope you are having a nice day, they do not answer questions (or apparently read email chains). There is no support for European customers I fed this back to them when I first signed up around 2 years ago and nothing has changed. I have given them all of the feed back given here but they do not take any action. Waiting at least a day for an answer is totally unacceptable. What makes it even more frustrating is that, after waiting for a reply, they ask for information that was already included in your original email (and then you have to wait another day for a response). It just seems as though they work at their convenience, not the customer's. And yet they are happy to take the subscriptions when they are not providing an adequate service.

Pros: I was so excited to find this product and thought it would be ideal for my needs

Cons: The software is not user-friendly. I was hoping that it would be more straightforward and my staff have also commented that is it not user-friendly. There is nobody to call when you have a query and can only email. It takes them a day to get back to you. And we are based in the UK and with the time difference, we have to wait at least a day for an answer. What makes it even more frustrating is that, after waiting for a reply, they ask for information that was already included in your original email (and then you have to wait another day for a response). I sent a query on Monday asking how to do something and the reply said 'see instructions below' and there were no instructions there. In the same email, they asked me to confirm the email address (which I had emailed them on and they had clearly not tried this). I responded right away and just got an email asking how they could help me! (They clearly had not read the email chain). It is now 9pm at night on Tuesday and will be at least Wednesday afternoon with the time difference until I may get a reply and actually proceed.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/22
Julie B.
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/18

"Incredible course creation platform!"

Comments: A++

Pros: I love using Thinkific and wish I'd found it sooner! If I have any questions, their customer service response is outstanding and they even follow up with an email covering the details discussed. The training videos and course guidelines are so helpful. It's so easy to make edits and update course content any time. Stripe is a good company that allows us to sell courses in many other countries, bonus! I'm not tech savy so this program fit like a glove. Thank you so much for your committment to helping others by creating an incredibly user friendly and highly functional program.

Cons: I would like to be able to add a course instructors signature to the certificates and better options in the certificate blocks.

Hansome K.
Financial Services, Self Employed

"Hansomekelly"

Comments: Covers literally all of my needs and services

Pros: The different type of quizzes that I can offer

Cons: The growth package monthly payment per student

Monica G.
eLearning Strategist
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/14

"The best eLearning platform for beginners and experts"

Pros: I have produced more than 200 online courses and used several platforms. Thinkific is my favorite. I have three schools there. It's easy to use, clean design, and the upgrades are customer-centered.

Cons: I don't like the new admin organization. It's text heavy and not intuitive. I prefer simple headers like courses, users, admin, etc.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/14
Shawn B.
support counsellor
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/07

"Budget Friendly Software for developing your program"

Comments: Overall I am very happy with this software for my program and it's been a very helpful tool.

Pros: I love that it is one of the most budget-friendly software that I know to create an online program on.

Cons: I do believe that the software has the potential to grow more and be a little bit more professional looking, I would recommend adding more features and better design options.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/07
Swayambhu T.
Educator

"Very good"

Comments: It is one of the best platform for educator

Pros: The quizzes and ease to upload video lecture

Cons: No cons, it is very good, and provide best platform for educator

Founder, Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/03

"Fantastic Learning Platform"

Comments: One of the best things about Thinkific is they have a totally free play, which makes it a very low-risk way to start building a learning platform.

Pros: All around the great platform, easy to use, and intuitive for both the end-user and course creator. Love it.

Cons: Not much bad I can say. One thing that is a bit of a pro and con is that it integrates with accredible.com. It's a pro if you are already using accredible.com, its a con if you want to offer certificates but aren't using accredible.com. I say it's a con because you have to manage it outside of the Thinkific platform which is a little less intuitive than being able to do it directly in Thinkific.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/03
Jenn H.
Psychologist
Mental Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/18

"Great way to monetize my social media platform"

Comments: I would highly recommend Thinkific as a e-course platform for therapists.

Pros: I loved that I had the option to host a few free courses. This let me minimize my losses...something that I have dealt with in previous projects.

Cons: I wish that there were easier integrations for credit card transactions...mainly managing sales tax.

Brendan O.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/06

"No better way to help people grow."

Comments: Thinkific allows me to put down my idea from countless meetings and classes into a format that I can reuse time after time. You can easily add chapters, consolidate info, add PDFs and add videos. The testing and polling is a great way of ensuring you students are retaining the information. Being able to add the widget to your own website is extremely helpful to help you build your brand while utilizing what Thinkific does best. The fact that it is free while I work on monetizing shows that they are betting on the success Thinkific will bring. Great tool and I am excited for the success to follow.

Pros: I love the ease of use.

Cons: I wish they had stock photos right in the website. The do suggest free stock sites to use.

by Thinkific on 2017/03/08

Hey Brendan, thank you so much for the lovely review. So glad that we can help you and we're looking forward to your success too!

• Reviewed on 2017/03/06
Ian X.
Edupreneur
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/14

"A Fortunate Find"

Comments: I spent around 5 weeks full-time looking at possible platforms for my micro-business, and studied maybe 50-60 platforms. It was immediately obvious that Thinkific was what I needed based on dozens of reviews which I read carefully.

Pros: Easy to use; simple, customer service fast response.

Cons: There is nothing that I like least about this software.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/14
Rose S.
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/09

"Solid program."

Pros: I like that I was easily able to take my idea, and turn it into a course with this software. It is an easy to use software, and I am able to showcase my courses with students and other professionals with absolute ease! I found that the you do have to pay a bit of money once you really start rolling with it, but in my opinion it is well worth it!

Cons: I have yet to find issue with this software, it has been nothing but good to me thus far!

• Reviewed on 2019/10/09
Elitsa Z.
Supply Operations Director
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/21

"Good product, bad sales and customer support teams"

Pros: The product is good and easy to integrate to our website.

Cons: The customer support team is not responsive at all. We encountered several issues and couldn’t launch the course. When we contacted. The support/ account management team we didn’t hear back from them. It’s very difficult to work with this company. It’s a pity because the product is not bad, however, if you encounter any issues, you cannot rely on their support at all.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/21
Steven L.
Managing Partner
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/08

"Great Course Creating Platform"

Comments: I love Thinkific. In the very crowded space for course creation platforms, Thinkific is in the top 3 !

Pros: This platform does a great job providing an easy-to-use platform for designing and delivering online courses. The features for allowing all types of media, and the friendly UI flow is so pleasant for the loading content and for end-users navigating the training.

Cons: I would like to have more customization of the theme layouts.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/08
Gary T.
Health & Wellness Instructor
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/06

"Easy to use. Very good instructions."

Pros: Easy to use. Very good instructions. I was able to create an online course very quickly with no experience, just by following their instructions.

Cons: Was a little slow in loading course pages, especially the Landing page. I was using Microsoft Edge browser. Later switched to Google chrome and was faster.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/06
Founder and President
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/16

"Decent Mid-Range Platform"

Pros: The Free option gives a decent amount of features to let a budget-restricted organization test the waters and yet create something of quality. Room to grow, options to increase capability and audience.

Cons: At the higher end plans, there are other platforms out there that have greater compatibility to sync between systems. Do your research and be sure you are getting the most features and quality for your budget.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/16
Alberto M.
Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/21

"Simple, straightforward, effective"

Comments: My course was up and running in a week (after I made it) without me having to think and organize landing page, payment methods, download pages, etc.

Pros: Easy to understand and use; it guides you through a predefined pattern customized for the provisioning of online course

Cons: Few customizations available.... but it in some cases it's better so! If you like to make your own pages, you know html/wordpress etc you may want to develop your own platform

• Reviewed on 2017/11/21
Mitra S.
  • Reviewed on 2017/04/10

"Very easy to use"

Pros: I've been dreaming about creating my own online class and it felt like an overwhelming task. They made it very easy and doable for me. I'm not computer savvy at all and their program is extremely user friendly.

Cons: More payment options would be nice. Also, itt would be nice if we could record our voice directly into the class (like you can do with a text) and not just download a recording.

• Reviewed on 2017/04/10
Julio B.
Consultant
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/18

"Great service that is easy to use"

Comments: I think the platform is great, I left because I changed that portion of my business and the online course became irrelevant for me at this time. I will definitely be back to the platform once I launch the updated courses,

Pros: Simple to use, easy to create the landing pages and connected easily with my website

Cons: I have nothing negative to say about the product

Management Consulting, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/16

"Love it!"

Pros: It's one of those softwares that you didn't even realise you need till you come across it and after using it you realise what a brilliant and helpful app it is. Thinkific is actually really great especially for someone like me who was just starting out with courses

Cons: Discussion forum definitely needs some work

• Reviewed on 2019/03/16
Garifallia M.
Owner / Founder
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/29

"Problems solved"

Pros: Thinkific gave me a clear overview and guidance not only to built my class in a simple and effective way but also for who am I building it for.

Cons: In terms of functionality nothing. I'd only wish for less emails.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/29
Pamela K.
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/21

"This is where I have my courses"

Comments: Anytime I have a problem their tech support is great. And I haven't had any tech problems with the platform - my students are happy and use it easily.

Pros: When I was researching all the different software for course hosting, I liked that this had a place to upload documents in the discussions. That might be really important for people teaching code or other products. Then I'm glad I choose this one because others take a % of income AND you have to wait longer for money.

Cons: The layout isn't as clean and modern as others - I'm hoping that will be updated at some point. It's a little ugly.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/21