Boomr Mobile Reviews

• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,4 /5

About Boomr Mobile

Mobile and desktop time tracking built for businesses with GPS, overtime alerts, real-time messaging, advanced reporting and more!

Learn more about Boomr Mobile

Kenzie W.
Medicare Insurance Sales Agent
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/30

"Great Software!"

Comments: Overall, I think it's great and would recommend to anyone looking for a cheaper option but with the same great ease of access!

Pros: I love the ease of access that comes with using Boomr!

Cons: I wish you didn't have to end your breaks, It would be a lot easier if they ended on their own! When busy it is hard to remember to go back and end your break sometimes.

• Reviewed on 2021/04/30
Wuttichai L.
Process Engineer
Security & Investigations, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/11

"Great App for Employee and Administrator"

Pros: This app lets your employee track times when working in different projects and locations. It's so easy to clock in and out including start and stop break. It also shows how much they make in the period. Administrator can easily edit employee's shifts when they forget to clock in or out.

Cons: You need a smart phone or tablet to be able to use the app. However, it's easily fixed by providing a tablet in the office in case someone doesn't have a smart phone or forget the phone. GPS tracking is pretty accurate but sometimes you have to wait about a minute for the app to pinpoint your location.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/11
Ben N.
Forman / Forman assitant
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/22

"Better than writing out a time card"

Comments: Easy to use

Pros: Boomr keeps better track of our jobs allowing us to check in on site right on our phones. It also help keeping drive time toward the right job and helps tons with billing

Cons: Make sure you your phone has a good connection. I find my phone has problems because I use xfinities WiFi as well as data. If the WiFi signal isn't good a takes a while to check in and out and go on break. I wish there was a feature with my phone where I could set Boomr to just use data when using it intead of me have to turn on and off my wifi a lot

• Reviewed on 2018/05/22
Melanie D.
E-Commerce Operations Specialist

"Easy To Use!"

Pros: What I like most about using Boomr is how easy and user-friendly it is. From logging hours to seeing your work week summary, it gives you all the information you need without being overwhelming or complicated!

Cons: The only feedback I have is implementing a way to submit request via the app to the Acct Admin. For example, if I need a TimeClock Correction or similar, it would be great to send a notice to the Account Admin regarding a specific shift

Ciera C.
Interior Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/16

"Accurate Timecard"

Comments: This allows for quicker and smoother payroll for business owners who don't have to spend as much time sorting through schedules

Pros: This software makes it easy and quick to input work hours for payroll. It also allows you to separate your time if you are at multiple job sites.

Cons: Sometimes the software bugs out and deletes a shift or will keep you clocked in for 24 hours. It also only shows gross pay.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/16
Tyler M.
Custom Creations
Retail
  • Reviewed on 2016/07/11

"Quick and Easy"

Pros: This product allows for proximity clock in, meaning that it WILL allow employees to clock in using their own personal devices, but it WON'T allow them to clock in unless they are actually standing in the workplace. This avoids any fraudulent claims to time spent on the clock when really it was time stolen from the clock.

Cons: This product does allow for a daily tracking that shows your time spent and what that translates to on your paycheck. However, this product does not allow for a continuous build to those overviews in order to see what your entire paycheck will be. You're forced to select each time frame separately and do the math on your own.

• Reviewed on 2016/07/11
Eli L.
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/14

"Perfect for What We Need"

Comments: Easily track employee hours and approve.

Pros: Our employees are able to login on a daily basis, leave their hours and I approve them on a weekly basis. This is exactly what we need. The fact that there is easy-to-use mobile app makes this a lovely solution for our young business.

Cons: Honestly, there isn't much that we dislike about the software. Perhaps a discount if we were to pay six months in advance (instead of a year, which is a big commitment for our young company).

Kristi-anne G.
Operations
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees

"Review 1"

Comments: Overall i love BOOMR!

Pros: I like the reports and the payroll. Being able to break a job down by location and see the hours on is great.

Cons: I am the administrator so when a shift is edited i would like to see what was edited on that shift. Any some times the GPS does not ping their location correctly.

Casey K.
Community Assistant and Event Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/04

"I use this app daily for work. It's user-friendly, and I haven't had any major problems with it!"

Comments: I am able to keep track of my hours for work very easily!

Pros: I like how easy it is very easy to use. This app also has a simple yet aesthetically pleasing look to it. It makes clocking in and out of work very simple to do.

Cons: I dislike that I, as a user, am unable to delete a shift. My phone was doing something funky and added two shifts in one day, but I was unable to remove one of the shifts myself without having to bother my manager. Otherwise, it's a great app!

• Reviewed on 2017/10/04
Nathan D.
Venue Assistant
Photography, 2-10 Employees

"Boomr Review"

Pros: Very easy to use. Makes it nice to see how much you’ve worked.

Cons: Nothing I don’t like. The app works very well.

Tim S.
Client Success Team Manager
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"Boomr is easy to use and a great way to track hours"

Pros: It's user friendly. It helps my team keep track of their hours and customize their hours if needed. It's a great all around tool.

Cons: There are a few bugs that still need sorting out. Sometimes it doesn't track time and requires an admin to add/remove hours.

Michael C.
Support Engineer

"Awesome"

Comments: Love it!

Pros: Its soooooooo easy, never had it easier with clocking in and out, taking breaks or editing time.

Cons: The worst part is, its soooo easy to use, that clocking out is easily forgoten, as well as taking breaks. Maybe there could be a feature in it that the user can set to buzz at the 4 hour mark for lunch, or 8-10-12 hour mark to clock out.

Laurie C.
COO
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/08

"Great for Small Business"

Comments: Boomr has been the perfect solution for time keeping for a small business like ours that has employees in multiple locations.

Pros: Boomr is easy to use as both administrator and employee. No expensive timekeeping equipment is required. All you need is a smart phone or desktop computer. The software integrates with Gusto (an HR/payroll platform) making payroll processing simple and fast. I like the geofencing feature which prevents employees from clocking in away from their designated work location. Notes can be made within the time sheet to explain overtime, manual changes, and things of that nature.

Cons: There is nothing that I dislike in particular about the software.

Megan Y.
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/28

"Easy to us and understand"

Comments: My boss can easily get my hours without me having to send it over.

Pros: That it is easy to use. It keeps you honest with your check in time/ check out. I like that you can add notes.

Cons: when leaving a WIFI zone and trying to use the app it does not work. That it randomly logs you out.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/28
Erin T.
Operations Director

"satisfactory"

Pros: ease of logging hours, I can easily track my hours from week to week, can track by the minute rather than just rounding to the half hour

Cons: the times do not change when I input my exact time - for instance, I will say 3:35 but it stays at 3:00

Joseph M.
Field Tech
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/16

"Fast, convient, self sufficient, reliable and easy to circumnavigate."

Pros: The ease of use, being able to edit hours logged in, being about to use it at your own leisure. Most of all, very easy to use.

Cons: Not readily having your location populate in the GPS area. It can be disappointing if you're trying to log in on time.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/16
Edgar O.
Contact Center Supervisor
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"First time approving time cards for the team I manage and I found Boomr easy enough to navigate."

Pros: The ease of navigation, most things are self explanatory. I also like the feature to approve and unapproved shifts easily. Especially when making mistakes. The feature I liked the most was Agents have the ability to see the money they are making in real time.

Cons: I don't like the filter dates function. I wish there was an option to just pull up current pay periods without adjusting dates.

Cynthia H.
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/05/23

"Boomr is an incredible solution for smart business owners"

Comments: Boomr saves you time and money. It does in minutes what 'traditional' timekeeping systems do in hours or days. It is super simple to use and allows staff to onboard themselves. Absolutely phenomenal solution.

Pros: Strong integrations for seamless timekeeping, payroll processing, and bookkeeping. Super user-friendly for both admin and staff. Staff can log in from their phone. Love love LOVE it.

Cons: No ability (at least to my knowledge) of admin's being able to adjust employee time in the phone app.

Amber B.
optician
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/18

"great convenience"

Pros: all the stats it shows me such as the hours i've worked the entire week. I also like how I can leave notes for my boss

Cons: It doesn't account for lunch hours right away so you don't always know the true amount of hours you've worked. It freezes occasionally. The clock/in/out button is too close to the back button on my phone and sometimes I accidentally log out

• Reviewed on 2018/05/18
Kelly R.
Welcome Desk Employee
Hospitality, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Boomr"

Comments: I use this software to keep track of my hours at work. It also helps my boss keep track of when I am working even out of the office. I really like the simplicity of it

Pros: I really like the simplicity of the app. You can log in really simply using only two steps

Cons: I wish that you could change locations during the workday. My job has it so that I travel to different locations during the workday and it would be helpful to change locations. Also, if it had a setting where you could set a reminder whenever your workday is over to log out of Boomr. I often forget and then one of my shifts is way longer then it should be.

David H.
Owner/Operator
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/06

"Great Customer Support"

Comments: This is clearly a start up business, but the management is committed to making sure the customer is served well, and the product is working properly.

Pros: Easy to use

Cons: Somewhat expensive

• Reviewed on 2016/12/06
Holly K.
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/07/21

"Boomr has been great!"

Comments: I have liked using Boomr as an employee. Because I am an employee I do not know how the app is from an administration standpoint, but from my position I have liked it just fine. Easy to use & super easy to navigate!

• Reviewed on 2016/07/21
Gisele D.
Property Manager
Real Estate
  • Reviewed on 2016/07/07

"We've been using Boomr over a year now and love it!"

Pros: I work part time and like to keep track of my weekly hours as they vary from week to week.

Cons: I find one thing confusing: when looking at a week at a time, it lists my Saturday hours twice -- at the end of the week they were actually worked and at the beginning of the following week.

• Reviewed on 2016/07/07
Josh P.
Director of Marketing
Accounting
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/15

"Great App to track your time."

Pros: It helps you track your time in the office and be able to create a simple way for your employees to clock in and out.

Cons: I wish the app had an option for clocking out for lunch instead of just ending the shift. It makes it difficult to track the full amount of time each employee worked per day. When you have to add two different shifts up to get the time, it makes it easy to have human errors.

• Reviewed on 2016/08/15
Brittany W.
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"This is by far the best time tracking tool for any job I have worked for BY FAR!"

Comments: Mobile app is extremely easy to use and very convenient. Clean interface with a few option to log in and log my time.

Pros: This product is easy to use from admin to user. The fact that I can view how much I've worked per day, per shift, and how much I've made updated by the minute is an amazing feature. I use the mobile app on a daily basis because of how easy it is to clock in and out.

Cons: It may be helpful to have the option to disable your hourly salary from showing on the home page for security reason.