• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,4 /5

About Boomr

Mobile and desktop time tracking built for businesses with GPS, overtime alerts, real-time messaging, advanced reporting and more!

Learn more about Boomr

Showing 25 reviews of 517

Thomas M.
  • Reviewed on 2016/05/18

"Basic Functions are OK, advanced functions are lacking."

Comments: Pros:
1 Android market
2 tracks previous days worked
Cons:
1 Either the app name or icon needs to be modified to reflect its purpose. It's a great name and a professional icon but neither imply its use. Hard to find when looking for it with the rest of my apps. Nothing jumps out that this app is for work. To be honest I almost deleted the app a few times because it appeared to be a social media app (like twitter) in my apps menu that I didn't know how it got there. So, there really should be an icon reflecting a punch card or a dollar sign or a business guy in a suit etc. etc. etc. that makes you think "oh ya that's for work". The same goes for the name, perhaps just "Boomr punch card" ... "Boomr pay tracker" .. "Boomr hour tracker" ... "Boomr for work"...
2 no place to add mileage driven that day
3 can't request time changes through the app (if I mistakenly hit check out or forgot to check in for an hour after being at work). I have to contact my employer via text or email or in person while a note attached to those hours that day within the app would save time and confusion.
4 GPS HAS to be on to check in? I often turn my GPS off for battery saving. I don't want to be forced into turning my GPS on so I can be checked into work to get paid.
5 time stamp is in GMT (Zulu time zone) i believe for some reason? After I click on a specific day and see the details then it's displayed in local time. It needs to be displayed in local time from the beginning, at very least, for the employees.
6 allow rounding if employer permits it.
I'd rather get paid to the nearest 15min. Leave the time stamp for the records fine but allow rounding for the nearest quarter hour for pay calculations. For example: let's say 2 employees show up and leave work at the exact same time. One employee may "click" check in while in their car, the second they pull into the parking lot at work and check out the second they leave the parking lot (maximizing their time 'at work'). While the other employee parks, goes upstairs to the office, sits down and then clicks check in. That same employee then checks out as they leave their desk for the day. The way the app is set up now, the two employees will receive different amount of hours (the minutes adding up each day) even though they each actually worked the same amount of time. Both employees should reasonably be getting the same amount of hours paid. For this can only be accomplished by the "buffer zone" created by rounding.

• Reviewed on 2016/05/18
Alisha W.
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/10

"Boomr needs a little more"

Comments: Boomr helps me better keep track of employee hours and manage payroll. But it does not help with scheduling and communication like I thought it would.

Pros: I love the integration with other HR and payroll systems like Gusto. It makes some aspects of employee management and time tracking easier. I love the geofencing feature as well.

Cons: The ability to create custom schedules and communicate with employees while on shift is subpar. I switched from Deputy, which had that feature and is important for the type of work we do (cleaning services). Deputy was less expensive as well.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/10
Catrina M.
Surgical Coordinator

"Easy to use!"

Pros: The app is easy to use! I like that it shows you how many hours you are working each day as well as let's you inform management if you forgot to clock in or out of the app.

Cons: I really don't like how often it freezes. I would say at least 2-3 times a week it will freeze and I will need to reload the app!

Socrates M.
Account Manager
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/10

"great payroll tracker"

Pros: Works on multiple devices (phone, ipad, desktop) so the workers are able clock in and out easily. Gives me a real-time look at what's going on with everyone too (who's in/out and for what reasons, like sick/off days). Saves time when managing payroll overall and provides a clean report to shift through in case there are any issues needed to address. Inexpensive compared to a lot of other payroll management systems. 24/7 customer service is nice too although I haven't needed to use it much.

Cons: The OT hours aren't accounted for properly in reports, which can get annoying if you have mostly hourly workers, not salaried. The hours get rounded, which can also pose problems. You're unable to edit work shifts if they're open so you have to take 2-3 extra unnecessary steps to make proper edits if a mistake is made. The customer service is helpful whenever encountering issues though.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/10
Haley G.
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/25

"Easy Tool"

Pros: This app is really easy to use and makes it easy for all employees to track their work time. Not all of our employees start at the office each day, so it's easy for everyone to have this app on their phone to clock in and out wherever they may be working on a particular day.

Cons: Occasionally we have come across getting an "error" screen when trying to clock in/out. Usually we just click out of the error screen and are able to complete clocking in and out.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/25
Joe M.
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees

"Got a good job"

Comments: I'm so excited about it today and my dad just saw the kids on our phone with the family I would have a problem if it didn't get out there for the kids to go out on my way out there with the new truck that is going on and off to a good time to be able for my kids for kids or something I have never had before they even got my phone

Pros: The only problem I had was when you would like it then it would have to do. The only problem with this is that there is a problem that you need to help with them and if your looking to see what they could be getting the refund would be the only thing I can find out on the game I don't think they

Cons: The urge is not too hard but it would make you it a great way of doing the job guys or something like that it was the only way they would have been the same right about it and I was not sure if it is not too bad at the end and the way they were just the kids they even talked you yeah yeah they don't want me your way to you but they do it too much.

Kristin G.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"Payroll would be a nightmare without Boomr."

Comments: It frees me up to do more important tasks.

Pros: I love how I can obtain all of my payroll reports in just a few clicks. I also like how I can see who is currently working, and the times that they clocked in.

Cons: I think that the phone app could be a little better designed. Some of my staff members get a little confused while clocking-in and clocking-out on their phones.

Don P.
Credentialed Trainer
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"The best app for tracking"

Pros: Easy to track your time and it's simple to clock in and out. Being an app, it doesn't require you to boot up your laptop. It's handy to be able to access via web, mobile, or laptop.

Cons: I have had trouble connecting before, but I don't know if it's a problem with my ISP, my wireless network, my phone, or with Boomr.

Cristina B.
Director of Sales
Retail
  • Reviewed on 2016/07/07

"Super easy to use!"

Pros: My hours appear clearly with totals, I don't have to think about anything, all the info is there. I can clock in from my phone if our work computer is occupied. i like that I can add a photo to my profile. App is easy to navigate. The dollar amount I have earned from each shift appears. I can tell at a glance if I am working shorter hours than normal, etc. Overall, Boomr is easy to navigate on ipad or iphone, straightforward and simple. I have enjoyed using it this past year.

Cons: It asks me twice if I would like to clock in. It wastes time overall and if you are opening the app you are obviously trying to clock in or out.

• Reviewed on 2016/07/07
Justin P.
Peace Ambassador/Treat Artist KeyLead + Stock Lead
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"Wonderful program and very useful!!! Love the ease of navigation too."

Comments: Makes my job easier and my life stress free when I have to calculate my rent and stuff. I know how much to expect to be paid on the daily and how much hours I'm working on a day to day basis with pay incorporated within it on the program.It is fantastic and I've recommended it to all my friends and other establishments and companies!!!

Pros: I love how easy it is to read and calculate my hours and pay on a weekly basis!! I also love the app on my phone for when I'm on the go!! Also love the email updates I get on the weekly.

David H.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"Was the answer to our issues"

Comments: Easy tracking of hours for grant reporting.

Pros: Verifying actual hours worked. Prior to Boomr we weren't sure of the exact hours worked. Honesty was being questioned.

Cons: Some of the website features are not available on the app. The ability to add shifts from the app need to be added.

IT Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/14

"Awesome and Easy to Use!"

Pros: It's very easy to use, it just works and it's simple to use, tracking time has never been so easy before.

Cons: Occasionally when I'm out of wifi or data range it will log me out (or at least appear like I'm logged out) rather than just telling me it couldn't connect.

Joseph B.
Team Member
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/16

"Good product for small business time tracking"

Comments: It is an easy to use product for any small business that is looking to simplify and implement efficient time keeping practices. Offers easy usability for any user. Simple platform to implement quickly.

Pros: Ease of setup. Ease of use. Simplistic design and functionality for basic use and small business operations.

Cons: Not as detailed as you may want it to be. Not quite as much customization as other products offer but still a good start for a better time keeping practice

• Reviewed on 2018/01/16
Jeremy B.
Instructor
Sports, 2-10 Employees

"Easy To Use"

Comments: Time saving. Efficient, effective.

Pros: Easy to check in when I get to work. Easy to check out when I leave. I like not having to punch a traditional clock.

Cons: Manual entry is not as user friendly. Wish it was less steps. Instead of using a clock have easy inputs.

David M.
Sales
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/18

"Perfect for keeping track of my working hours"

Pros: Just needed a simple time tracker. It's a nice simple to use layout does exactly what I need it to do and nothing more

Cons: There are no real significant issues with the software the only issues with it is that sometimes it will just log me out randomly on my phone.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/18
Sarah-gayle S.
Coach
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/29

"It's worked great."

Comments: Quick which helps me get to work faster.

Pros: It's easy!! I love how quick and simple this app works. It's great for taking breaks and clocking out swiftly.

Cons: The only negative to boomr is that on a rare occasion the app will crash which can be very frustrating.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/29
Walker T.
Operations Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"Great product for our needs."

Pros: It is pretty simple to use for the most part. The clock in and clock out process is also pretty simple.

Cons: The online admin portal isn't always as user friendly as I'd like. Sometimes the reports are difficult to find.

Tanaya B.
Instructor
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/01

"I love using Boomr. It makes it much easier for me to keep a record of my shift times"

Pros: I like the most that it is easily accessible in a phone app. I do not need to find a computer to edit my shifts or keep a track of my weekly earnings. I like how it gives a detailed analysis every week

Cons: My phone app loses its connectivity sometimes and then I have to sign out and sign in again as it does not recognize me.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/01
Kimberly B.
Logistics Manager
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/08

"Boomr Timesheet App"

Pros: -seeing hours and hourly pay, full pay for week calculated
-ability to add projects to shift
-ability to edit and add shifts
-weekly email summary for cross reference

Cons: -"Sendbird error" often when clocking in. Doesn't affect functionality
- Sometimes editing and adding shifts isn't responsive, changed times are slightly off.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/08
Cathy P.
Admin Assistant
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/14

"We've been using this software since the beginning of the year. Have yet to have an issue."

Pros: So far this software has been stable and easy to use. I like that many different locations can be added and that they can be deleted when no longer necessary.

Cons: I dislike the mobile version of the app. However, that could be an Apple related issue as some in the office do not have the problems that I seem to.

Megan M.
Quality Assurance Technician
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/15

"I use this app to log my work hours. The scrolling through of times can be tedious."

Pros: Simple design. It has a simple interface and set up. I only use it to enter time so I don't need anything fancy.

Cons: Having to scroll to add time. Not a quick way to add time. I would prefer to enter time manually. Using this feature on a smart phone is not quick. I often scroll past the time I want.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/15
Angelica L.
Human Resources
Human Resources, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/26

"Boomr"

Comments: There's so much more to Boomr then tracking time. You have the ability to do invoices, run reports and much more.

Pros: Great way to keep track of employees hours and work without time stamp cards.

Cons: The fact that you can't download an invoice without WinZip. Being able to download a PDF would be much more convenient.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/26
Maire hina B.
Operations Manager
Package/Freight Delivery, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/23

"Almost perfect!"

Comments: Boomr is a great app for my employees, I was tired running after my employees timesheet (paper) every week, and they would forget to fill it, with Boomr they can do it from their phone.

Pros: Awesome because I can see what's happening live at the workplace, and can have an overview over the time employees worked each week

Cons: I wish the app would prevent employees to start a shift if they already in on, sometimes they don't close the app and open it again and have double shift. Also something good would be a notification function to remind the employee to log in when he is arriving at the location (gps) and to log off when he is leaving the location

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/23
Athrun C.
Life Coach

"It's great."

Pros: Easy to use. Straightforward. I enjoy how it shows how much money I make each day I work. The layout it also nice.

Cons: I can't edit my own time. Wish that it used vacation and sick time. However overall I have not had any problems.

Tasha J.
Construction, 2-10 Employees

"Excellence"

Comments: Everything

Pros: It does everything I need it to do its the best I have ever used yet, I'm glad I was able to help launch a great software to use and I really hope everyone else love it as much as my company dies its the best yet