15 years helping South African businesses

About MemberPlanet

memberplanet simplifies membership and makes it easy to grow your organization.

Learn more about MemberPlanet

Pros:

Great way to house all member information and user friendly. I like that I can see my membership at various levels of the organzation and that it is all linked.

MemberPlanet ratings

4.5
4.8
4.3
4.5

8.4/10

MemberPlanet has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 261 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used MemberPlanet before?

Gregg
Gregg
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Complete member management with room to grow

Comments: Memberplanet enabled our nonprofit to go from having completely manual member management to automated member management overnight. Regardless of the complexities our member structure, no other member solution has come close to helping to keep up-to-date with our membership as has Memberplanet.

Pros:

Memberplanet enabled me to quickly turn the spreadsheet member list I inherited into a complete member management system for my nonprofit organization. We went from doing renewals and information updates manually - read "via snail mail" or at best an email update - to automated renewals and updates. We've paid the minimal fee to use extra features for our small organization and there is yet more to unlock in the future as we grow. As an added bonus, the event management and integrated mailings helped us manage our convention registration and communications.

Cons:

While the software works as intended, I've had some difficulty in configuring the system to fit our membership structure which is primarily based on an organization and not an individual, as Memberplanet is programmed for. The ideal structure of us would be to have an organization with multiple contacts associated with the organization, including a "primary contact." I've created a workaround, but the built-in reporting doesn't account for this so custom reports are required for several processes I regularly use. Still, for the price and functionality, Memberplanet is very good.

Lisa
Web in US
, 51–200 Employees

Member Planet is an excellent and customizable Content Management System.

Comments: MemberPlanet works for my organization because it keeps members information updated. It keeps the members informed about scheduled events. I can create groups that communicate with each other. It has options for email campaigns, discussions, a mobile app, photo albums, document storage and the ability to take payments. There's not much else that you would need. And again, the FREE option is big plus.

Pros:

1. Two words – FREE option. My organization would like to keep its very hard-earned money to help our community. So, using a vendor with a free option is a HUGE plus for us. It also is good for organizations new to CMS because we can determine how much we actually use it. 2. The site is web based and user friendly – nothing to download. There are video tutorials, a support library with step by step instructions and phone coaching available. They have a Getting Started tutorial and all actions are walk throughs with descriptions. There are reps on standby to chat, or talk over the phone. I am truly blown away by all of the things I can do and customize with MemberPlanet. As I said, we aren’t a large organization and we definitely cant afford some of the other more expensive CMS’ available. But MemberPlanet understands what I want for the type of organization I have and they allow me to customize it. The site is also scalable for future growth and usage. I highly recommend them.

Cons:

The only thing I wasn’t too keen on is that there are a couple of outside vendor connections such as Box and PayPal that are integrated into the site. It all works ok though. Box and PayPal are a little odd as its dashboard is merged into your site. You can get MemberPlanet to handle taking your payments instead of using PayPal, but they keep a small percentage. Other than that, I don’t have any issues or complaints.

Joy
VP, Board Member (Volunteer) in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Too complicated and not intuitive. Bells and whistles attractive IF you can get to them.

Comments: Overall, I had high hopes and possibly within the next 6 months (I've been using inside of 2 months) it will improve. Right now I am very disappointed in the lack of ease, efficiency, and ability to get tech support instantaneously.

Pros:

The possibilities for mass communication, web functionality, and e-commerce all in one location as well as a CRM feature for members.

Cons:

There are just too many steps involved in the majority of functions I wish to do. Simply adding a member requires multiple steps to provide all contact information. Multiple sections must be clicked into and out-of to record basic profile information. I have to go to 3 different sections of the navigation menu to enter a new member, record that member's status, print out their member ID card, and then record a payment. My last platform had everything in one screen and made data entry/recording of a contact take less than a minute. With this platform it takes me up to 4 times as long between all of the different tabs I have to get to. It is not intuitive and confusing for any database admin or data entry person. In order to change anything recorded in error, it takes an act of congress to get it changed and the real-time update is not real-time. Reporting features can be delayed making accounting reconciliation a nightmare. Also, this database does not let you include someone without an email. Many of our members share an email with their spouse and do not want to include separate ones. Then the system does not let us enter them. The +name solution prior to the "@" symbol works for some email providers but not all and therefore we are left with a few members unaccounted for in our online portal. The Creating a Packet Function seems good as well but again has such cumbersome features it is useless because I don't have hours and hours to research it, watch the tutorials.

memberplanet Response

5 years ago

Hi Joy, we're so sorry to hear you have not had a great experience. Since your organization has a custom workflow, please reach out to our support team by phone at 888-298-8845 for immediate assistance. We can easily help resolve issues for anything recorded in error, and we can absolutely walk through features that you and your admins feel require additional assistance and find a way to expedite. We can also help you navigate to the platform's real-time reports. We understand how difficult it can be to transition from a different platform, and we can assure you, we're here to help! Your comments are very helpful and we will pass them along to our development team to make the experience more intuitive. Many of the features you mentioned will be updated in the near future.

Shamrul
DMS Operator in Bangladesh
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

If you are Manager -You can try this.

Comments: Overall I have experience with Memberplanet is a software platform designed to help clubs, organizations, and associations manage their membership, events, and communication. It offers features such as payment processing, volunteer management, and email communication, and has received both positive and negative feedback from users. Some users have praised its ease of use and versatility, while others have expressed concerns about the platform's user interface, customer support, and reliability.

Pros:

Memberplanet is a software platform designed for clubs, organizations, and associations to manage their membership, events, and communication. Some users have praised Memberplanet for its ease of use and versatility, as it can be customized to fit the specific needs of different groups. Additionally, its features for payment processing, volunteer management, and email communication have received positive reviews from users who appreciate the convenience and efficiency they bring to their organizations.

Cons:

While Memberplanet has received praise from some users for its features and ease of use, others have expressed concerns about certain aspects of the platform. Some users have reported issues with the user interface and navigation, finding it confusing or difficult to use. Other users have raised concerns about the platform's customer support and responsiveness, reporting long wait times or unhelpful responses from support staff. Additionally, some users have reported issues with the platform's reliability, with the platform experiencing outages or technical difficulties that disrupt their ability to manage their membership and events.

Kristine
Board Member in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Good value and good product for associations and non-profit organizations

Comments: We evaluated several other platforms- this one made the most sense by far, offered them most value and is a solid product!

Pros:

Good first step away from paper and pencil that is easily understood and used by even those not completely comfortable with technology. Team is skilled and helpful. [sensitive content hidden] in particular is a superstar on their team. Tools are relatively easy to use and quite intuitive. I would encourage continued solicitation of user feedback and continued focus on user experience to continue to develop and grow capabilities.

Cons:

Very difficult to customize or delete "required" fields. Customer support has strong online library so most things can be solved by a query into that library. Email submissions are also timely- usually within 24 hours. But...sometimes you have to get to someone quicker. Phone calls are sent directly to VM- regardless of which option you choose and response times are sluggish.

Cousar
Director in US

My experience with Memberplanet has been extremely professional and productive.

Pros:

What I like most about memberplanet is the templates that available to use when creating a form. The customer service is also a pro when it comes to using memberplanet. The reps return calls in a timely manner, assist you when you are unable to figure out what the problem is.

Cons:

What I like least about the software is that the app does not appear user friendly with my phone. I would like to be able to access my account by using the app. At this point, when I access the software using the app, I am not able to modify forms, etc. I would like to see this change.

Greg
Loyalty Manager in US
Media Production, 501–1,000 Employees

Amazing customer service and follow through

Comments: I am setting up a Premium Membership Club for The Sacramento Bee. Yes, I am tech savvy, but I don't want to make the running of the web platform for the club my life's work. That being said, I still need flexibility and a robust set of tools for transactions, communications and promotions. MemberPlanet is all that, and more!

Pros:

Flexible, robust with every tool imaginable for the proper care of feeding of a membership club. Not only will it process payments, but has easy-to-use retention/reminder features to alert users when there membership is expiring. MemberPlanet supports video, photo, email, message boards and upcoming events. The standout was the customer support. Until you start to feel the work flow, some of the initial setup can be intimidating. No problem, phone support with an actual human is just a call away. Likewise with chat support. Don't worry: friendly, knowledgeable people are there to help!

Cons:

As mentioned, the options and depth of the program can be a little overwhelming at first. The back end is fast and responsive, but the initial challenge of navigating to the correct screen was at first, a bit confusing. As mention above, tech support was there to save the day and within a couple of hours, I was marveling at my mastery of the MemberPlanet configuration screens.

George
George
Sports, 2–10 Employees

User review of Member Planet

Comments: I am still in the learning curve regarding the application itself but have to give glowing remarks for the support I have received throughout the setup. Each member of the Member Planet team has been responsive, proactive and sensitive to our timelines. MP and its team are a great value for the money and a far greater value than others I have worked with who charged a great deal more and were difficult to work with.

Pros:

For the small to mid-sized association, Member Planet is very affordable, has great basic functionality, and the sales and support teams are stellar to work with.

Cons:

It would be great of one could search on various answers in the customized fields new members must fill out when they register. My understanding is that this will become available in 2017.

Jorge A
Jorge A
Project Manager in US
Civic & Social Organization, 51–200 Employees

Too Expensive

Comments: It was never my favorite tool but for $15 monthly I was willing to use. Now we are moving to other tool costing less or the same for much better value. We like TinyHQ, JoinIt .

Pros:

It has lot of features for what you need to manage an organization except accounting. Good emai and event templates.

Cons:

Difficult to use, cluttered, outdated and very expensive. Cost went from $15 for lower package to $50 out of the blue. no added features or benefits with increase.

memberplanet Response

5 years ago

Hi Jorge, first and foremost, we want to thank you and your organization for giving our platform a try! We are always adding new functionality and enhancing features within our platform, and you will find information about major updates on our support site under announcements https://support.memberplanet.com/hc/en-us/sections/115004111368-Announcements and our blog https://blog.memberplanet.com/blog/category/new-features. If you have any questions about our features and functionality, please don't hesitate to contact [email protected]. We wish you and your organization nothing but success!

Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Membership at your Fingertips

Comments: Made the transition from pen and paper to memberplanet, and it has never been easier for me to run our club. Incredibly impressed with the features, and will surely be recommending to others.

Pros:

Seriously the only tool I'll ever need to help run our investment club. I have access to all members, the ability collect fees, send emails/notifications about our meetings, and process applications all from the same place. Never knew such a software existed, but very happy.

Cons:

Can be a little overly complicated for some users to start, especially if they lack technology skills. Would love a mobile experience that was more immersive.

Deb
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

After 7 months... disappointed

Comments: After trying very, very hard to make this software work for our group, we are giving up.

Pros:

Inexpensive. Able to use PayPal or memberplanet for processing payments. Have a pretty good templates to use for creating donation campaigns and emails. Was relatively easy to upload contact information. Easy to access chat support.

Cons:

They do not have the ability to create distribution lists (segmented lists) of contacts/members from within the software. It requires exporting all your data, sorting in excel, then uploading again. Tech support is uneven; got different advice from different people, and they are not available on weekends, holidays, etc. Also, they are very stuck on their own custom fields. Many of our members found it difficult to navigate. Also, the email responses were not always customizable, which led to numerous misunderstandings when we would send out "invitations" to create or update profiles.

Trycennia
Treasure in US

I love MemberPlanet it's a great tool.

Pros:

That you can export your spreadsheets out of the system to excel, you can sort within the system, you can view payments by each form that you have created, you can sort by date range. there are so many pros I just can't list them all.

Cons:

Company is unable to send you an auto-renewal email. This goes to the company not really a software issue.

Patricia
Court Administrator in US

I'm really amazed at the many features MemberPlanet has to offer

Pros:

I like the ability I have being able to create different templates to my liking. Awesome software that memberplanet has available to users. Representative is very helpful when needed. I can call her up anytime of the day and she is willing to assist me with any troubleshooting I need. Her assistance make the program feel more user friendly.

Casey
Athletic Organizer in US

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Comments: I like how supportive the entire service hotline has been awesome and helpful. The site is fun and creative, but whenever I faced issues, they knew how to help. The live chat system is responsive and they take less than a day to answer back on my inquiries. I have to say the Events, Donations, and Broadcast has made my job easier in organizing and funding my events. I quickly alert my group of any changes through the broadcast system which goes to email and cellphone alerts.
Even though I am new to the site, I found myself enjoying all the functionalities of the website, with each tab and widget. I enjoyed how easily I was able to import my contacts through all my social media sites i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. I managed to set up a clean schedule of an organized fun run and managed to raise funds for cancer awareness. Overall, I can't wait to reach the potential capabilities of the site and harness its maximum effectiveness.

Andy
HOA- Board Member in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Just starting trial, but great experience so far!

Comments: In process of evaluating solutions right now. Have to say the software offers a multitude of features, each that I've tried works flawlessly so far! Customer support second to none! Upon signing up, Patrick (from Memberplanet support team) contacted me immediately and offered to answer any questions I had, and to even offer phone support. The tools for building a site and administering your group look awesome. I've set up a Box account (which is used for its document management capabilities) and the integration works great. We have already uploaded some documents successfully. Also I've tried out broadcast messages (by email, and also SMS supported) to our board members. This works great. Also have installed the mobile app on my iPhone, which is feature rich and allows most features to be executed there as well. So far a great experience!
Highly recommended.

Bridgette
Office manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Great non profit software.

Comments: The software is a little difficult for people who are beginners and not tech savvy, but the support that you get from the group is outstanding!! So if you have a difficult issue they are there to help. quick, knowledgeable and friendly. They offer a lot of options for a fair price.

Pros:

Many different facets. I can get everything I need all in one place. Donation and volunteer tracking as well as receiving donations. I can make different campaigns and email them or text them to all of my member and contacts.

Mark
RM in US

really enjoyed it!

Pros:

For our organizaiton we found this software to be very useful! we've really enjoyed it and it was really easy to use

Daniel
Marketing/Operations Assistant in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Easy to use and very effective

Comments: If you are looking for a management platform that is easy to use and has all of the features that you need to manage your organization, then MemberPlanet is the platform for you. Not only does Member Planet have the tools you need(event creation, donation campaigns, easy membership functionality, email campaign creation, custom payment forms, and various communication options) but it's one of the only platforms in the member management software industry that doesn't charge per member. My web-based networking/ event organization has achieved total organization and n helps us focus on how to keep moving towards success. All of Member Planet's features are great and time-efficient. If you're looking for a platform that is user friendly, as well as effective, Member Planet is perfect. You can also try it for free!

Sha'Terra
Public Relations Coordinator in US

functional as a adminstrator

Pros:

Ease use for mass communication. The software has enhanced communication with the organization's membership

Cons:

The only issue I have is uploading photos. The software doesn't upload all photos and error messages are given

Gregory
Director of Service in US

Amazing All-In-One Service

Comments: We recently decided to start using the MemberPlanet service for RotarAct Long Beach to try and simplify the many functions of our organization. We were mainly looking for a service that could easy be learned during chapter transitions and allow for consistent records. On top of these requirements, we also wanted a service that could streamline our communications, enable online fundraising/donations, simplify events and take mobile payments via credit card. I can happily say, that MemberPlanet exceeds all of ours needs as an organization and has provided amazing customer service for all of our needs. In short, we are extremely satisfied with the level of customer service MemberPlanet provides and the quality of the MemberPlanet system. Highly recommended!

Kelsey

Positive Experience with MemberPlanet

Comments: I am a MemberPlanet fan! The Quickpay charge buttons, Payment Forms, Reporting, and Events/Evites/Ticketing are all great. I have yet to try Broadcasts, Surveys, and Discussions, but that shows just how many features are available. It would be great for the Email design wizard to have drag-and-drop blocks like other email programs, but since those are generally email-only programs, all of the other features MemberPlanet provides make it a worthwhile overall package. More importantly, I have received amazing service from the MP team. I always receive fast, personalized responses and even instructional videos when applicable. Rachael specifically has been a huge asset for our group. Thank you MemberPlanet!

Margaret

Love it so far!

Comments: I was able to quickly create a survey and a newsletter, even though I am new to both activities. I love the fact that the survey results can be exported to a spreadsheet, thus instantly creating my volunteer database. It is easy to go back and edit the survey even though it is already live, which I really appreciate.
I figured out how to send a newsletter, but it did not let me send a plain email, which is odd. Also, the recipient list I made for the survey did not seem to be available for the email service. I'm gathering that maybe you can only send emails to members, whereas the surveys and newsletters can go out to anyone. Seems to me you could just as easily spam with a newsletter, if that were your intention.

Ryan
Alumni President in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

MP ... Just amazing..highly recommend!

Comments: I found MemberPlanet to be very user friendly, efficient, creative and I love sending broadcast from the app. But what is even more important, MemberPlanet has made it easy to set up our alumni tailgate and golf events while providing tools to access information from our brothers so we could have correct cell phone numbers, updated member information, and critical hotel registration information. A person could go to MemberPlanet knowing absolutely nothing about running an alumni organization, databases, membership or event registration and finish with a victory. MemberPlanet is helping us with everything and highly recommend to everyone!

Ryan
Delta Sigma Phi
Cal PA '95

Scott

general experience

Comments: I've been generally happy with Member Planet. It makes it much easier to manage a 60 person business group (than doing it manually). I've struggled sometimes making sense of certain features and just haven't had the time to go through the tutorials so relying on the intuitiveness of the processes. I tried sending a broadcast (several times) and it indicates that it was successful, but nobody is receiving it. I also wish you could universally change the time zone. Everything defaults to Pacific time and you have to constantly change this to the correct time zone. The more familiar I become with it, the better I like it so most of it is just a learning curve.

Georgeo
Designer in US

Perfect for our clients!

Comments: If you are looking for a platform that can give your business efficiency, results, and great support then MemberPlanet for you. We use the event module for virtual event allowing us to engage our clients in a unique and creative way while maintaining our brand! The broadcast/email/text function is awesome, by sending a text I know for sure people are seeing latest promotions and products! Another plus is that they do not charge a fee for the amount of people in your organization, The fact that we can add as many clients as we want definitely separates MemberPlanet from the rest of the platforms we tested out.