Filter by:

• Overall

About CapLinked

CapLinked's enterprise VDR and Document Management solution provides the best way to securely share and track all of your information.

Learn more about CapLinked

Michael M.
Vice President in US
Investment Management, 2-10 Employees

Independent PE Sponsor

5 4 months ago

Comments: After caplinked expanded the group limit threshold for me, I can now create a "group" for each of our investors. That allows me to create folders that are only accessible to that individual investor via the investor's unique "group", or create folders broadly available to a subset of investors. We were squeezed into a lower tier product as they recreated their pricing structure (we've been with caplinked since roughly 2016), but it still works for what we need it for at a pricepoint that makes sense.

Pros:

Easy to use user interface. Great customer service - quick to respond and understands how to solve problems. Fair price point.

Cons:

Cannot print directly from the site. It requires the user to download the document before printing. Inability to add a folder that does not automatically adopt the rights of the parent folder. I often want sub folders to have unique access rights, and it's a pain to go back into permissions to toggle it each time.

3 months ago

Hello Michael, We are glad to hear your experience with CapLinked has been overall positive! We truly appreciate your feedback. Thank you, CapLinked

Benefits/HR Administrator in US
Food & Beverages, 1 001-5 000 Employees

Caplinked First Time User

4 3 years ago

Pros:

I like the ability to customize the platform and it is cost effective for our company.

Cons:

It can't do all that the sales team swore that it could.

2 years ago

Hello! We are glad to hear you found our platform customizable and cost-efficient! We hope to work with you for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Nalan K.
Legal Operations Specialist in Germany
Internet, 51-200 Employees

CapLinked Review

5 last year

Comments: Overall experience was positive. Pros:
1. Incorporated tutorial videos for each section
2. Fancy look, video can be uploaded on the welcome page
3. Q&A section: reply from admin user can be send directly to requester which will then only be visible for these 2 individuals or admin user can reply posting this to the Q&A section where the requester will stay anonymous but all users in the work space would be able to see the question and answer.
Cons:
1. Although the platform has some really great features, it is in some places somewhat cumbersome to handle.
2. Permissions are on the folder level and not on a the file level. File would have to be uploaded into an individual folder to restrict access
3. No restricted view access for single users within a group available. Permissions are on the non-admin group level. The individual would need to be in his or her own non-admin group to receive different permissions
4. No notification will be send out if a file or folder is deleted

Pros:

- Personalising the data room with company logo and also being able to upload videos. - Folders and sub-folders can be restricted to view only or download and upload as well. However, permissions can only be restricted on group level not on individual level. Solution to create team group for individual to restrict view access for different folders / sub-folders. No option to restrict view / download permission on individual files. - E-mails via the workspace can be send to members of the same workspace to ask questions or for collaboration.

Cons:

Although Q&A availability is great, unfortunately the usability is not very user-friendly, especially when trying to find the already answered questions. It would be good if the Q&A section would have a better order so one can see where the answers and questions relate to similar to a table of contents i.e. pointing to the folder if one would like to review all related questions to a specific topic in a folder or sub-folder.

last year

Hello! We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked overall positive! We are currently working on a new version of our Q&A feature that will provide many new updates for advanced usability. Thank you for your feedback! Thank you, Caplinked

Serena P.
Associate in US

My Review

4 2 years ago

Pros:

When creating a new group, I enjoy that I can select permissions settings from an existing group, which helps creating a new group quicker. (Disclaimer: this is soley only my own personal opinion from my experiences with CapLinked).

Cons:

More branding options for our company to use and display on the data room could be improved. Also, the activity tracker could use more improvement by including how long a user viewed a specific document. Lastly, the best improvement that could be made is to easily search and locate which user is in which group(s). Lastly, it was very upsetting when the data room was closed after we paid for our subscription renewal. (Disclaimer: this is solely only my own personal opinion from my experiences with CapLinked).

2 years ago

Hello Serena, We are glad to hear you found our Permissions module features user-friendly and helpful! We are constantly working to improve our features, such as the Activity Tracker. You can search a user's email address from the Permissions page search bar, check the box next to their name and the groups they belong to appear on the right sidebar. We appreciate your feedback and hope to work with you on future projects. Thank you, CapLinked

Co-Founder and Partner in US

Caplinked is powerful and easy to use

5 4 years ago

Pros:

We chose Caplinked for it's easy to use/ fast modern interface, great customer support, powerful features and transparent pricing. They have a lot of features that you won't find in other VDR's (I've tried 3 different competitors). Their customer support really stood out to me as they've been very responsive and personable throughout our entire experience; from on-boarding to day-to-day use. Every member of our team was able to quickly learn the software. I feel very comfortable sharing sensitive and confidential documents through Caplinked.

2 years ago

Hello! We are glad to hear you found our platform user friendly and straightforward! We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

William T.
Analyst in US
Investment Banking, 11-50 Employees

Good data room experience overall

4 7 months ago

Comments: I like CapLinked and they are a great value data room

Pros:

I liked that the software was easy to pick up and use from the start

Cons:

I think 24 hour service chat could be helpful and some of the documents that got uploaded seemed to randomly become inaccessible

6 months ago

Hello William, We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad that you found ease of use with CapLinked. Please feel free to reach out to our support team with any questions and/or reference our support materials below: https://support.caplinked.com/hc/en-us Thank you, CapLinked

Heather L.
Due Diligence Coordinator in US
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 2-10 Employees

Everyone at CapLinked has been great and it's an easy platform to use.

4 4 years ago

Comments: Our users should get the impression that we are very professional when they are using it.

Pros:

It is designed more specifically to business transactions as opposed to just file sharing: I can add logos, videos and other customization.

Cons:

I miss being able to email files directly from folders like I used to do in ShareFile and I wish I could delete work spaces on my own. I also wish I could group work spaces because we use them for 3 different purposes and I would like to keep them separate.

2 years ago

Hello Heather, Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. Single file sharing and the ability for admins to delete workspaces will be available in the near future. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Kyle K.
Associate in US
Investment Banking, 51-200 Employees

Caplinked is good value

5 3 years ago

Comments: Average

Pros:

Can't beat it for the price. It's a good alternative for cost sensitive clients.

Cons:

No good reporting functionality and adding users could definitely be easier.

2 years ago

Hello Kyle, We are glad to hear you found our platform cost-efficient! The Activity Tracker will be updated in the coming months for user ease. We hope to work with you for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Alexandra J.
Manager in US
Design, 11-50 Employees

Wonderful Experience

5 4 years ago

Comments: Its a pretty good software

Pros:

It is appropriate for organizations of all sizes and serves clients across practically every industry. With CapLinked, clients over the globe can work together and make content on different devices.

Cons:

The feature set for CapLinked is pretty robust, and growing software. It was pretty hard using it but I got the hand of it at the long run...

2 years ago

Hello Alexandra, We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked went well! We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

VP Product Dev and Consulting Division in Canada

CapLinked vs Sharepoint

4 3 years ago

Comments: Very positive. Company was going through re-financing and required a virtual data room for authenticated prospects/investors. CapLinked helped in setting structure for various documents and management of the distribution of the documents.

Pros:

Ease of use, UI , role / project based set up. For most part very intuitive and address majority of the requirements. We shifted form internal Sharepoint solution and were up and running with CapLinked in under 4 hours.

Cons:

Having to manage documents in multiple places. Would have preferred to have caplinked manage the LINKS to documents in their "native" locations rather than uploading them and having to maintain consistency with revisions.

2 years ago

Hello! We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked overall positive! We truly appreciate your feedback. We hope to work with you for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Thomas S.
EVP, Corp. Dev. and General Counsel in US

Very good experience. Worked as expected.

4 4 years ago

Comments: Potential investors were able to quickly and easily gain access to our data room. I'm also able to maintain the data room quite cost effectively for future use so I continue to extend my plan with Cap Linked.

Pros:

It's ease of use is very good and the customer support was excellent. I also liked the ability to customize a click through legal agreement for various parties. And the ability to move files from folder to folder was quite nice.

Cons:

The permissioning features were a bit confusing at first. Other than that wrt the permissioning I really didn't notice any cons about the software.

2 years ago

Hello Thomas, We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked went well! We are constantly improving our features, including folder level permissions, for the ease of users. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Christopher B.
Christopher B.
Product Portfolio Manager in Australia
501-1 000 Employees

Does what I need it to do

4 4 years ago

Comments: Easy to conduct a survey without frustratingly long and complex questions

Pros:

Caplinked makes it easy to upload confidential files and can control who has access to them. I like the way I can limit the time users have to view files.

Cons:

Would be nice to build our own graphical reports. There's really only 1 graphical report, the activity tracker.

2 years ago

Hello Christopher, We are glad to hear you found our platform user friendly and straightforward! We are currently working on updated the Activity Tracker feature for an improved experience. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Principal in US
Investment Banking, 2-10 Employees

Safe Vault for Client Info

4 3 years ago

Comments: We had a secure place for Due Diligence Info

Pros:

Posting Documents and Tracking Users' Progress

Cons:

It seems like it is easy to post in the wrong section

2 years ago

Hello! We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked went well! We truly appreciate your feedback. We hope to work with you for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Thomas P.
Controller in US
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees

CapLinked Review

5 5 years ago

Comments: We have been using this platform now for about six months. It is by far, the easiest data room tool I have ever used. The folks at CapLinked are great to work with and very responsive, however, the product is so intuitive to use, I didn't have to utilize their support very much at all.

Pros:

Very easy to use. Data uploads are intuitive and fast.

Cons:

Really, nothing.

5 years ago

Hi Thomas, we're so happy to hear you've had a positive experience using CapLinked!

Ted D.
Principal in US
Oil & Energy

Very limited software for large databases. Can't handle folder downloads over 4GB

1 4 years ago

Comments: Not much. If they had an ftp, I could have finished getting the data from the VDR in a few hours instead of days...

Pros:

Easy to navigate the page.

Cons:

This software is not user friendly. It is designed for admins who never actually download their own files 1) Commonly fails to prepare folders for download and you have to start over. 2) Can only download folders < 4GB or 2,000 files. For projects with images, this is a major fail. 3) When I contacted support about #2, the told me to use the clipboard to keep track of the files I downloaded in a folder. Really? Should I get my Model T out too? They turned a 2 hr job into an all day affair.

2 years ago

Hello Ted, Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. We appreciate input from the user perspective. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Mark J.
Business & Corporate Development in US
Biotechnology, 51-200 Employees

CapLinked works pretty well for datarooms

4 9 months ago

Pros:

Secure, overall simple. A nice way to manage access to confidential files.

Cons:

Some features are difficult to use, like sharing individual folders

8 months ago

Hi Mark, Thank you for your review. We are always looking for ways to improve CapLinked for user ease and appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to our support team with any questions regarding those features for further assistance!

Philippe L.
GM, Commercial in Australia
Biotechnology, 11-50 Employees

Commercially focused tool to serve...

5 9 months ago

Comments: Fast & easy tool that supports business needs

Pros:

Great storage & hierarchy of storage that allows easy document search.

Cons:

No issues and I would recommend CapLinked to businesses looking for an effective business software tool.

8 months ago

Hi Philippe, We are glad to hear that your experience with CapLinked has been positive and that you would recommend us! Thank you for your review!

Co-Founder & CEO in US
Hospitality

Corporate user, very satisfied

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Ease of inviting people to use the platform. Ease of uploading documents. Ease of adding group access and turning off certain documents to certain groups.

Cons:

Expiring links. UX interface is older. Preview function for viewing documents that are uploaded is low quality.

2 years ago

Hello! Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. The invite expiration limit is now selected by the admin. We have also updated our UX for a better user experience. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Roberto G.
Italy
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees

Simple and powerful

4 5 years ago

Comments: it was the first time for us using a VDR. We found caplinked very simple to use, but powerful and it really fit our needs.

Pros:

simple interface, many features, low price compared to others

Cons:

actually nothing

5 years ago

Thank you Roberto! We're glad to hear your experience with CapLinked was a success!

Elmo L.
Elmo L.
Business Management Executive in South Africa
Management Consulting

Super easy to use

5 4 years ago

Pros:

The ease of use is the one of the reasons why we use CapLinked. We work with a lot of outside consultants and customers that need to access folder and files and not once did anyone struggled to access their data. We tested a few data rooms and CapLinked was by far the best value for money. We moved away from emailing any files, we just send the CapLinked link to the relevant person and our data is safe and secure.

Cons:

None for our application. One nice to have feature would be to have a more comprehensive version control than is currently available.

2 years ago

Hello Elmo, We are glad to hear you found our platform cost efficient and straightforward! We have since updated the ability to upload new versions of files. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Sandra M.
Partner in US
Investment Banking, 2-10 Employees

CapLinked - Pros and Cons

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Compared to similar options, CapLinked is a good value for the product - the pricing is good for what you get with CapLinked. Among the things I like about the software are the search feature, updates are emailed when files are added, it is easy to move folders and files, easy to change the order of folders. The product has a great feature that allows the Administrator to see the view that any User is seeing, which is helpful when Users call with questions.

Cons:

The product is not as intuitive as other secure data vault services I have used. It took me some time to understand that Users have to be part of a "Group." The other thing I don't like is that you have to contact customer support if you want to delete a "Workspace" from the system - Admins are not able to delete. I understand the concept, to avoid inadvertently deleting a workspace, but still prefer to have that ability as the Admin.

2 years ago

Hello Sandra We are glad to hear you found our platform cost-efficient! Admins will soon have the ability to delete workspaces at their discretion. We hope to work with you for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Former Board Member in US
Capital Markets, 51-200 Employees

Didn't honor agreement; tried to increase fees more than 300%

3 3 years ago

Comments: Terrible. They gave our non-profit association members a good deal to get us onto their platform and entered into a long-term data room supply agreement; a couple years later, they wouldn't honor their agreement. Don't do business with this company.

Pros:

There are a lot of data room providers and Caplinked was getting off the ground and offered our not-for-profit regional association a long-term program to switch from our incumbent provider and join their platform for the same fees we were paying our incumbent provider. After a reasonable transition period, we adopted the program at Caplinked. We transferred a number of users and conveyed the dynamics of how our association interacts with our incumbent provider and were told there were no issues coming over. The association members used 50-75 data rooms at any given time.

Cons:

After using the platform for a few years, the company came back and claimed we were getting too good of a deal and they wouldn't honor it. We used the service consistent with how we outlined the service in our contract when we negotiated our agreement. They threatened to shut down the service to the members and then said to stay, we would need to pay fees that were more than 300% higher than our current rates. When you're in the middle of transactions, you don't want a data room supplier threatening to shut down your rooms or holding you hostage to higher fees than you bargained for. We contacted our previous data room vendor, V-Rooms and transitioned back to them for the same rates we had with Caplinked. Obviously, they weren't problematic and we got excellent support from V-rooms transitioning over. The tactics and interactions with Caplinked were terrible. They knew they had you over a barrel and it felt like our not for profit association and its members were being bullied or blackmailed. We will never do business with these guys, no matter what the capabilities of their rooms. We interacted with the Company CEO and VP Sales. We paid annually through September and expected a reasonable transition off their platform for existing rooms in service. They noted they applied our fees to their new proposed rates and we couldn't transition off in a reasonable time-frame.

2 years ago

Hello! Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. We appreciate input from the user perspective. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Erik P.
Vice President - Investment Banking in Canada

Works well, could use more bells and whistles

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Reasonably quick to get up and running; reliable platform. I don't have much else to say, however the review software won't let me upload a short review so I've padded it out with this sentence.

Cons:

Could use more flexibility on use of graphics, custom reporting and dashboards, other customizations to custom brand (including workspace address). I don't have much else to say, however the review software won't let me upload a short review so I've padded it out with this sentence.

2 years ago

Hello Erik, We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked went well! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. Custom branding is now available for teams and workspaces. The Activity Tracker provides detailed reports on the workspace level. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Arturo A.
senior analyst in Chile
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees

Very easy to use, secure, functional and good service support

4 4 years ago

Comments: Very ease to use. Good support service, accesible form different types of devices (cellphone, pc, etc.). It a a tool that makes the passing of information very efficiently.

Pros:

The ease of use is amazing. In 30 minutes you can get used managing all the virtual data room functions, permissions, etc. Additionaly the capacity to give different type of permisssions (can read, download, print, etc.) to different individuals or group of individuals is quiet good and again easy tu use.

Cons:

If uploading information, or creating a new folder you make a mistake in writing the name of folder, you have to delete the complete folder and create a new one with the name corrected. You should be able to edit a simple thing as folders name, instead of waisting time if you discover a typo after you have uploaded tons of data (that you will have to upload again).

2 years ago

Hello Arturo, We are glad to hear you found our platform user friendly and straightforward! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. You now have the ability to rename folders without having to delete anything. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Ashok R.
Executive Director in Malaysia

I am a first time user and my first experience has been good. It is a great product

4 4 years ago

Pros:

the ease of use is what stands out. It was easy to onboard other users as well quickly. The user interface is intuitive and the software is stable. I was able to do the initial configuration within 15 minutes. I have used customer support extensively. They have been very patient and helpful. they seem committed to resolving the customer's issue. Suggestions to improve the product were taken in the right spirit. I do hope some of the suggested features find place in subsequent releases.

Cons:

The software has certain issues handling PDF documents created by scanning physical documents. There is no feature to view permissions for a folder directly. The Search functionality is very basic and there is ample scope for improvement.

2 years ago

Hello Ashok, Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly improving our features, including folder level permissions, for the ease of users. You are now able to view the Permissions of a group based on the folder. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked