• Overall
    4,4 /5
    4,3 /5
    4,4 /5

About Paycom

Find, manage, pay and keep exceptional talent with Paycom's user-friendly HR and payroll software, all within one application.

Learn more about Paycom

Elaine R.
Recruitment Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/20

"Paycom- From Manual Processes to the Modern Age"

Comments: Overall our experience with Paycom has been very positive. Like any new system it has not always been easy, and some days I have really wished that hitting a computer did make it work better. However, if you take time to understand the system, and really think through your processes to mold them to what Paycom is designed to do instead of trying to may Paycom fit into your old processes, it always works out.

Pros: Paycom has been a massive change for my company. In January of 2019, we switch from a paper-driven, multi-system segmented way of running our HR and Payroll departments to Paycom, and we will NEVER go back! I worked with my team as well as Paycom's implementation team to get the system set up and then in training our Management Team as well as our employees in how to effectively use Paycom. After some bumps in the road, our departments are running smoothly, and we cannot begin to tell you how much of our time we have gotten back in our days because of it. My favorite thing about the system is how intuitive it is. Once you understand how the Personel Actions Forms work, you can easily understand the Performance Discussion forms. The things you learn from those programs will help you know how to interact with the other modules as well. We also really appreciate how often they create, advertise, and then released new features for free. Things that our team use regularly now did not exist when we first rolled out the system. It has made a massive difference in how we manage our people-data and administer almost every HR and Payroll function and several other processes besides.

Cons: The thing that we have struggled with the most is that the system is almost too customizable. Take a PAF (Personel Action Form), for example. On there is has an effective date feature that allows you to either back-date the pay-change or set it for a future date. We had been using that feature for months when an audit showed that the effective date was not working. When we contacted our Account Specialist, they said that they needed to "turn that feature on" before it would be working. There have been a few other features that we didn't know we needed to ask for them to be "turned on" and just assumed that they were.

by Paycom on 2019/12/30

Thank you for the review and feedback, Elaine! We are thrilled that you and your organization are enjoying Paycom! Please let us know if there is any way we can improve your experience by either directly reaching out to your specialist or contacting our team at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2019/12/20
HR Manager
Insurance, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/24

"Paycom is the One Stop Shop!"

Comments: Our previous vendor was built off bolt on modules, not products they developed. This vendor didn't allow for online signing of new hire paperwork, didn't have a built in electronic I-9, had separate time and attendance and PTO tracking. It became a full time job just to keep up with their time and attendance and PTO tracking. When we were shopping for new HRIS software we knew we wanted one system and Paycom was the only one we found that was truly one system. Since bringing in Paycom we have moved into the digital age! With all the efficiencies we have found utilizing Paycom we have been able to save on overhead and have maintained an open headcount for the HR department. Not only is the software top notch but we love having top notch customer service as well! Not only do we have a dedicated payroll specialist that we can contact for day to day questions and assistance but we also have a Customer Relations Representative (CRR) that is available for onsite training and overview of the system to ensure we are getting the most of the system and fully utilizing the products we purchased!

Pros: Paycom is the one stop shop for HRIS systems. From posting job opportunities, tracking applicants through the interview process, onboarding, and the entire employee life cycle, Paycom has it all. Just when you think it can't get better they do a monthly release that makes you go "wow!". They are innovative and always looking for ways to make the HR professional's life easier!

Cons: One area of focus I would recommend would be more content development in their new LMS module. The module itself is really user friendly but having content is the toughest part of building an LMS. Having more pre-built content would help utilize the module quicker.

by Paycom on 2019/06/20

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're happy to partner with you to be your ?one-stop shop? payroll and HR technology solution.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/24
Miranda F.
Human Resources
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/26

"Paycom"

Comments: Very very satisfied. Highly recommend to any business. Amazing company to work with.

Pros: Easy to use. Is/can be a one stop shop for any employer. Application tracking system is amazing and saves time when entering a new hire into the system. Also has government and task management section that has pre-loaded modules to send out to employees to help keep a company in compliance with federal/state laws. Customer Support is awesome. Our assigned rep reaches out monthly to see how things are going and will schedule meetings every few months to come onsite to discuss any changes, upcoming changes and to answer any questions you may have or walk you through something you may be having an issue with

Cons: One thing i wish paycom had the option for is taking an applicant that you have saved/generated under "Candidate Tracking" and be able to convert them into either the Applicant Tracking and/or creating a profile for them if you hire the employee. Currently, if you save an applicant as a "candidate" you cannot convert them to the applicant tracking side or make them a profile once the job offer has been accepted.

by Paycom on 2019/11/27

Miranda, thank you for the 5-star review! We are so glad that you are enjoying your Paycom experience! We appreciate you sharing your perspective regarding candidates, and how building a progressive profile that spanned multiple products would create a better user experience. We will be sure to share that with our team. Please let us know if you have any additional feedback; we love hearing from our clients!

• Reviewed on 2019/11/26
Casey j. C.
Senior Talent Development Specialist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/05

"User friendly - yet powerful."

Comments: When my organization switched to Paycom, I was one of the first people to learn how to use the system as a staff trainer. The process was quick and painless, and I was able to use the user-friendly interface to provide knowledge transfer to a wide variety of staff. Personally, I find the interface enjoyable as I manage my own time and benefits. I use the desktop application, as well as the mobile interface - both being simple and easy.

Pros: I have used other payroll/HR/Benefits applications, and Paycom has been the most useful by far. As a middle management end-user, I have found that navigating through the employee and client portals to be simple and efficient, which is something that is quite helpful in our fast-paced environment. As a staff trainer, Paycom is also easy to teach to our front-line staff who have a wide variety of experience with the use of technology.

Cons: I really cannot say that there is anything major that I dislike about the software. A minor aggravation can occur when you login to the application (we do not use a SSO) from a new terminal, and you must answer security questions with perfect syntax, lest you be locked out temporarily.

by Paycom on 2019/12/09

Casey, thank you for the review! We are so glad that you are enjoying your Paycom experience! Please, feel free to share any additional feedback you may have with us at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2019/12/05
Meredith L.
Director of People and Culture
Security & Investigations, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/18

"Customer Service Needs Improvement"

Comments: Paycom's field customer service could use improvement. When we first joined with Paycom, our account manager was responsive and available when we needed something until we pushed back on additional charges for an item. From then on, I never heard from her.
Many months later, I spoke with someone at the corporate office about an add on product and was introduced to our new account manager. Things were going great until we pushed back on a module because we didn't see the value. The account manager then become unresponsive. Finally, her manager reached out and he also would take many days to respond.
In my experience, when things aren't positive or a hard conversation needs to happen, the field employees go silent.

Pros: I think that the process for setting up and running payroll is easy and user friendly. I have never had any issues with getting payroll processed.

Cons: You need to pay for everything in the system. For example, I would like to have reports pushed daily to a manager to review hours worked and I would need to pay extra for that. Instead, I have to manually run the report daily. We already pay a lot for this system and I don't think that I should need to pay more!

by Paycom on 2020/03/06

Meredith, we were able to share this information with our team! We hope we have been able to provide clarity and solutions to improve your experience. Please continue to let us know how we can best support you and your organization. Thank you for choosing Paycom!

• Reviewed on 2020/02/18
Melissa S.
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/28

"good product"

Comments: I LIKE THE SOFTWARE, USER FRIENDLY MOST OF THE TIMES

Pros: IT IS EASY TO USE WHEN IT COMES TO CLOCKING IN AND OUT FOR WORK AS WELL AS REQUESTING TIME OFF. VIEW TIME OFF

Cons: THE QUICK PUNCH SOMETIMES DOES NOT WORK AND DOES NOT REGISTER MY PUNCH IN OR OUT. WHICH THEN GIVES ME A MISSED PUNCH STATUS

by Paycom on 2020/03/03

Thank you for the 5-star review, Melissa! We're glad to see that you are enjoying your Paycom experience! We appreciate your feedback, and we will be sure to share this with our team! Please let us know of any other enhancements you would like to see at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2020/02/28
Corporate Trainer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/17

"Paycom"

Comments: My overall experience with Paycom has been great. Paycom is easy to operate for both administrators and employees. Paycom does a good job keeping users up to date on what's new. Anytime I have questions or concerns, I am able to reach out to my Client Relations Representative.

Pros: The Learning Management System is very easy to use and operate. I also like that we are able to track our employees through Paycom's life cycle. Being able to submit performance reviews, personnel action forms and surveys all in one place has helped us streamline our processes.

Cons: At one point, you could not switch back and forth between your employee and administrator account, which has been fixed. Now, I am able to easily manoeuvre between my employee self-service and administrator account without having to log in again.

by Paycom on 2020/01/21

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're so glad to hear that you are enjoying your Paycom experience! If you have any other thoughts as to how we can continue to improve your experience, please feel free to share them with your CRR. We love getting feedback from all of our users!

• Reviewed on 2020/01/17
Anthony A.
Payroll Manager
Gambling & Casinos, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/27

"Quality"

Comments: overall I think you get quality for a good price.

Pros: I like the quality of the payroll functions better than ADP and Paychex hands down. Great Employee service

Cons: Reporting could be better, but outside that it's a great product especially if you have techy Employees.

by Paycom on 2020/12/01

Thank you for the review and feedback! We're happy to hear you're enjoying our software. Feel free to share any enhancements you would like to see from us with your dedicated specialist or with our team at [email protected]

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/27
Jenna Y.
HR Manager
Religious Institutions, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/25

"Good for Employee Management, Payroll, and Benefit Administration"

Comments: -Eliminated paper processes
- Better Payroll and Benefit Administration processes

Pros: Paycom makes managing employee files, onboarding employees, payroll, and benefit administration so much easier than the systems we were using in the past.
Paycom also has excellent customer service, providing me with a dedicated rep that I can call anytime.

Cons: Not a fan of the Talent Acquisition or Talent Management Module. Both of these modules need major updates to be competitive with other software systems. The Talent Acquisition module (Applicant Tracking) would take months and months to build out when our current system takes minutes. The Talent Management Module isn't able to be as customized as we need it to be and doesn't provide great reporting options.

by Paycom on 2018/07/27

Jenna, thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience with Paycom. We're happy to read that our systems are much easier to use than others you've used. Additionally, your feedback is important to us and we will share it with our product team. We encourage you to share any additional details or suggestions with your dedicated Paycom support specialist.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/25
Graphic Designer
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/22

"Good UX/UI, but watch out for inaccurate PTO tracking"

Comments: Good except for PTO tracking

Pros: Intuitive to use - I've used this for punching in and out (and if you need to request a punch time switch it is easy to do within paycom which was great), tracking PTO, and requesting time off. Everything was straightforward and easy to do, and you get email notifications when PTO is approved.

Cons: PTO tracking was not accurate - I would have to track my own in order to not risk losing PTO that said was used in Paycom. It generates your future available hours, but it is not always accurate. I found myself having to go in and count the calendar days every time I wanted to plan to take PTO.

by Paycom on 2019/08/29

We'd like to learn more about your experience. Please fill out our mobile app feedback form so a member our product team can follow up with you directly: http://paycom.com/contact-us/mobile-app/ Thank you.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/22
Jenniffer S.
Front Desk Coordinator
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/07

"Paycom Employee and Client Software Review"

Pros: What I like most about this software is that it is easy to use. It provides a tutorial if you have any questions. It is easy to request time off as an employee but also approve my team members time off, and edit their time cards if needed. The app is also great because if someone forgets to approve their time card, it can be done from home. I also really like that I can view my paystubs as well with just a click. Paycom is a very proficient software and I would recommend it for businesses.

Cons: The thing I like least about Paycom is the length of time it takes to log in. It almost always looks like I am late for my position because it takes time to answer the questions to log in. I realize they are for security but I would like the process to be a little smoother perhaps by not as many questions.

by Paycom on 2018/09/18

Jenniffer, thank you for the detailed review and feedback regarding Paycom. We're happy you find the system easy to use. Additionally, we recommend setting up one of the quick login options for the mobile app: 4-digit PIN, fingerprint or facial recognition. It will definitely make it both easier and faster to login. Please reach out to us if you have any additional questions!

• Reviewed on 2018/09/07
Partnership Services Coordinator
Sports, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/15

"Pros/Cons of Paycom Software"

Comments: So far so good, it took a second to get used to the app but once I became familiar with it I learned to like it quite a bit.

Pros: Check in and out for the day is very quick and easy. Software rarely runs slow and you can view all your hours and personal information very easy. The app is very well organized and your rarely ever have to go on you actual computer to look at anything you are trying to check out.

Cons: You cannot make your own time changes in the software if you mess up clocking in. When you have to submit a punch change request, it is pretty confusing. It also makes someone else have to go in and correct that mistake which from our experience can be burdensome.

by Paycom on 2020/04/22

Thank you for your review! We're so glad you are enjoying our products! We appreciate you sharing your experience with punch changes, and we encourage you to share this feedback with your HR team. This customizable feature allows our clients to tailor the process to best support their organization, and it can be changed as the organization's processes are updated.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/15
Tiffany H.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/15

"I Give it a B-/C+"

Comments: The implementation was a lot more painful than I anticipated! The customization was extremely limited (and I don't like that the sales person told us something different). My biggest issue was probably when they asked us to set up whatever overtime we wanted. I told them they were supposed to be the experts and isn't that set by the law not by us? They did not seem to be overly concerned about that which really concerned me.

Pros: We originally went with this software based on numerous recommendations and we liked the look/feel of it. It is great that it is an all in one system and makes things a lot easier!

Cons: I found that the sales person over-promised on the "vast" customization. When it came down to it, there were many things that could not be customized or removed, even if when do not use it.

by Paycom on 2020/05/19

Tiffany, we're glad you are enjoying the convenience of our single-database solution! However, we're sorry to see you are unhappy with some aspects of your Paycom experience, and we'd love the opportunity to learn how we can better serve you and your organization. Please, feel free to share any enhancements or improvements you would like to see from us with your dedicated support specialist or with our team at [email protected] We're looking forward to learning more about how we can earn an A+ from you!

• Reviewed on 2020/05/15
Alexa D.
Associate Executive Director of Operations
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/11

"The software has helped us improve how we communicate, share information, and reach our employees."

Comments: The software is very easy to use and they are always providing updates to improve and further simplify the user-experience. Customer Service has been an issue we've had in the past, but this has since been addressed, as we were recently provided with a representative who is more hands-on and attentive to our very specific needs.

Pros: The software/website is very easy to use and they are always providing updates to improve and further simplify the user-experience. For a nonprofit organization like ours, the range of capabilities they provide is limitless, allowing us to generate detailed reports, create basic and intensive staff development trainings, implement mileage reimbursement reports, manage information on health benefits, and so much more.

by Paycom on 2017/09/13

Thank you for the review! We're happy to partner with you. Please let your Paycom specialist know if you need anything.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/11
Maureen M.
Asst Controller / HR Benefits
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/15

"Paycom has your solumtion"

Comments: Great experience. Prior to using Paycom we had a payroll service, a benefits service, an HSA/FSA vendors and on boarding was manual, including filling our paper enrollments. I searched and selected Paycom and now everything is in one place. Been using them almost 5 years now.

Pros: consolidation into one package. all payroll and benefits are housed in one location. super easy to use.

Cons: Paycom Specialist are not specialist. if you need information from Tax they ask Tax and get back to you. If you need ACA help they ask that team and get back to you. Needless to say much gets lost in the translation and i would rather speak to the ACA specialist or the Tax specialist. it can take 3 times as long to get an answer.

by Paycom on 2019/07/23

Maureen, thank you for the 5-star review! We're glad you find Paycom very user friendly.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/15
Vice President, Business Development
Staffing & Recruiting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/08

"Staffing company success"

Comments: Our overall experience is very good in all areas that we use the system.

Pros: The ease of time/payroll management for our internal employees, contract employees and clients are primary benefits to our team. Annual benefits enrollment is a huge plus as well. Not only do we use Paycom as a client, but serve as a vendor to the company as well. I am happy to recommend their cutting edge technology to anyone.

Cons: I can't think of anything from my perspective.

by Paycom on 2020/12/09

Thank you for the 5-star review. We are thrilled you love our software! We also appreciate your feedback. Feel free to share any enhancements you would like to see with your dedicated specialist or with our team at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2020/12/08
Director of Customer Happiness
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/09

"Great for companies over 50 - 100 employees"

Comments: I'd recommend Paycom for any company that's moving over 50 employees or over 100 employees and you need everything in one place - Timesheets and HR and Payroll are all in one place with Paycom.

Pros: It's cut and dried HR, logging in and observing pay periods or setting up schedules is easy. It's nice to have Timesheets, Time off Requests, and Payroll in one place as opposed to having these scattered across other small software (Harvest, Tsheets). The mobile app is nice.

Cons: It could be a bit clunky to navigate at times, and it doesn't work as hard as Gusto or Zenefits to be 'pretty' or 'fun', but it gets the job done at scale. It's a bit easier to look at after the update this year.

by Paycom on 2018/12/20

Thank you for the review and feedback. We are dedicated to working hard to get the job done for you. We're glad that you improved of the update this year. Please let us know if you have any other ideas about what you would like to see in our solution. We look forward to hearing from you.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/09
Sherry L.
VP, CHRO
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/07

"Overall, Paycom is a great value for the money."

Pros: Paycom is an intuitive system, so new employees and supervisors get up to speed on it quickly. The company is responsive to client feedback. We have seen many improvements in the 5 years we have been using it. Customer support and our account rep are helpful and responsive.

Cons: Adding features beyond payroll and applicant tracking can get expensive because of the per employee per month fees for an organization where 90% of employees are part-time, and many are working only a few hours per week.

by Paycom on 2018/06/14

Sherry, thank you for the review and feedback. As you indicated, Paycom is open and responsive to client feedback. We will share it with our management team. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your Paycom specialist if you need anything. Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 2018/06/07
CFO
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/16

"Excellent Customer Service"

Comments: We have a much better handle on our employee cost after we converted to Paycom.

Pros: Our company did a fourth quarter conversion. The data was converted effortlessly on our part. The system is very user friendly and our employees enjoy the flexibility of accessing their data on a mobile device. The managers are extremely happy with the custom reports.

Cons: We have not found anything at this point.

by Paycom on 2020/08/25

We're happy our software has been easy to use and its functionality is helping streamline your payroll! Thank you for the 5-star review.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/16
Elizabeth G.
HR & Accounting Manager
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/26

"Great customer service"

Comments: More time to do other tasks that I need to do.

Pros: They are constantly making improvements to meet the clients needs. Each moth they send you reminders to review the new changes and have helpful tutorials or you can call your customer service rep to help you.

Cons: Sometimes the changes can bog you down if you don't keep up on the tutorials or revie the updates.

by Paycom on 2018/06/29

Elizabeth, thank you for the review! Our goal is to continue innovating forward on behalf of our clients. We also welcome and encourage you to share your ideas and suggestions with us - even if the feedback includes how we roll out updates - just contact your Paycom specialist! We look forward to hearing from you.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/26
Miranda P.
Director of Benefits and Compensation
Entertainment, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/14

"Paycom is a true working partner."

Comments: Paycom is a true working partner committed to evolving the platform to meet customer and external needs. This partnership has enabled us to improve data integrity that is used for analysis and setting business strategy.

Pros: Paycom offers a great end user experience.

Cons: Limited customer testing functionality and insufficient product release notes.

by Paycom on 2020/04/22

Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience, Miranda! We're thrilled to be able to support your organization! We appreciate your feedback, and we will be sure to share this with our team!

• Reviewed on 2020/04/14
Breanne M.
Office Assistant
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/06

"Best Timekeeper!"

Comments: This software eliminates a lot of time usually spent on calculating how many hours worked, how much PTO you have requested and also how much you have coming up.

Pros: Paycom has been the best timekeeper for us, for tracking when we come in and when we leave, requesting time off, seeing all time off request, and it even tracks (with it being featured in ) how much PTO is left in the "bank."

Cons: I do see any flaws in this software, it is easy to work in and it doesn't take too long to familiarize yourself with all the features!

by Paycom on 2020/05/07

We're thrilled you are enjoying our products! Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/06
Corporate Receptionist
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/14

"Easy to Use with Great Customer Support"

Comments: I have had a very positive experience with Paycom. It has help keep organization a top priority, while being easy to use. Additionally, Customer Support is not only very helpful but always readily available.

Pros: Paycom is very easy to use. Not only is it a great site for clocking in / out it has many features such as document storage, Time Off, Benefits information, and so on. It is very user friendly and you can find answers to questions very easily.

Cons: I have been very happy with this software. As of now I have no complaints.

by Paycom on 2020/10/20

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're excited to hear you're enjoying our software.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/14
Albert G.
Language Operations Manager
Medical Devices, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/06

"Paycom is easier than other Payroll apps"

Comments: I like Paycom better than other payroll companies. It is very user friendly and easy to navigate. Very intuitive and easy to do bulk approvals specially when you manage 150+ employees.

Pros: This software is user friendly and very intuitive when it comes to running reports and approving PTO and checking for attendance adherence

Cons: This software is limited in the sense that when you are trying to do bulk uploading for time cards it will not let you do it if it's towards the end of a pay period.

by Paycom on 2020/10/15

We're glad to hear you find our software user friendly and it has helped streamline your HR tasks. We appreciate your feedback, and please feel free to share any other enhancements with your dedicated specialists or with our team at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2020/10/06
Rebecca C.
Instructional Coach
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/03

"Good Product for Organizing and Paying Employers"

Comments: Overall, I think this is a great quality product that has a lot of potential as it grows and improves. It is important to have a safe and reliable and makes organization very easy!

Pros: I really like that this is easily accessible on a computer or phone. You can request days off, check your pay stubs, and complete other employment forms. It's nice that everything is stored in one place! As an admin, this makes it really easy for me to use and check in with my employers and keep all important and necessary documents in one place.

Cons: At times there are still some bugs with this product. It will glitch and/or delete things that my employers have inputted. It seems to be getting better though as we use the software and become more familiar.

by Paycom on 2019/12/04

Rebecca, thank you for the review! We are so glad that you are enjoying your Paycom experience! We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with our product teams!

• Reviewed on 2019/12/03