About Zapier

Founded in 2011, Zapier has helped over 1.8 million individuals and businesses with their automation needs.

Learn more about Zapier

Pros:

The ease of use - comfortable UI that allows the user to implement a process flow is a great way for us to automate tasks across multiple platforms.

Cons:

Unfortunately, it can be a little limited, mostly to the other tools' fault and not zapier. Because the triggers and actions can be very limited.

Zapier ratings

Zapier has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 1 883 user reviews on Capterra.

Filter reviews (1 883)

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Zapier before?

Alejandro T.
Alejandro T.
Bachelor of Digital Marketing in Mexico

Zapier the best application integrator

5 last month New

Comments: As a digital marketer, I use many applications that I cannot keep an eye on all day or manually pass information from one application to another and I also need all the data to be synchronized. Zapier makes my day easier, connecting the applications that I use, it executes tasks automatically according to the rules that I establish. I love it helps me save a lot of time and money by hiring programmers.

Pros:

Zapier changed the way I deal with applications and tasks. What I liked the most is the automation of work processes, another of its advantages is that Zapier includes a large list of applications to connect. Also that the Zaps are only executed with a filter rules. The user interface is nice so that anyone with basic knowledge can use it without the need to hire a programmer.

Cons:

The negative aspects of Zapier is that at the beginning it is difficult to take advantage of Zapier, due to the learning curve, the free version is very limited (the number of 'Zaps and applications), also something that I did not like is the customer support that sometimes does not provide solutions.

Lillian G.
Lillian G.
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10 000+ Employees

I love the style of the application

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: All the additional functions that Zapier has are very helpful, the style of the application distinguishes it, it is like having a lot of programs in one, also fluid and gives me the availability to add several applications on 1 screen, I have the ability to automate the interaction of reminders and correspondence templates.

Pros:

The most useful feature I have found is that we can integrate meeting applications for our webinar registrations. Since I have used it My experience with Zapier is very good, I was somewhat annoyed to use multiple applications for one task, but this has changed with Zapier, I can gather all these applications on one screen and avoid too much effort at work.

Cons:

In some cases, the syncs or processes that you can configure are just one-way syncs, which is not a good way to set up a two-way sync. Although Zapier has the ability to integrate with other applications, there are some that are limited to their use and that is still a problem to keep in mind.

Vasilis S.
Vasilis S.
Owner in Ireland

What's wrong with Zapier?

3 last month New

Comments: The payment policy and the 'step to step' policy were a big drawback, and I moved to Integromat.

Pros:

Zapier is a powerful automation tool, including many applications that can automate connections between them. After each step, you can 'fast test' that step, so you proceed. That, however, is not necessarily a plus because you can't move with your idea and leave the problem for later.

Cons:

The problem with Zapier is the pricing policy. They are offering 14 days testing period. That's not precisely generous because 14 days are not enough to test the app. In addition, developers have other things to do, and after the trial period, you can't run your scenarios unless you pay - 19.99 $/m. The free plan offers elementary tasks.

Elena T.
Elena T.
Teacher in Bulgaria
E-Learning, Self Employed

Improving Workflows with Zapier

5 last month New

Comments: This automation tool helps to connect web apps and services. It is appropriate for personal use, as well as for teams (no matter their sizes). Even the basic plan allows you to choose which apps to combine and suggests how to use them interchangeably. The most popular ones, functioning inside Zapier, are Gmail/Google Drive/Outlook (for emails) or Facebook pages/Instagram/YouTube (for marketing). Following two simple steps, trigger and action, you can automate any process between the platforms you use. Moreover, you might start multiple actions with one trigger and get complex workflows. This is the most impactful feature of Zapier, in my view. In addition, there are filters to control the flow. The customer support is excellent. I had some issues activating one of my Zaps; the personal advice I received was timely and accurate. Also, the Outline panel provides tutorials for each step of creating new Zaps and facilitates the process.

Pros:

You can tailor each automation to your business needs (Reporting, Marketing, HR, Customer or Tech support). There are premade workflows- Zap templates. You may use them directly for repetitive tasks or personalize them. Via Formatter, you can convert data into any preferable format- texts, emails, or phone numbers. Businesses might use this information to make spreadsheets of clients' contacts adding scanned business cards automatically (Contact+, Google Sheets, Excel). The SMS tool built into the platform will help you with file management: to download email attachments, to create documents from templates for new projects. Zapier can also facilitate task management: to inform the team on progress, to add assignments to your to-do list. You might share content through social media or automate the monitoring of your channels by keeping track of views, comments, and reviews via apps. Also, you may share events and promote your work across platforms automatically (Eventbrite, Facebook, Splash). Then add the data from emails and registration links to your CRM, answer the inquiries from potential clients, and make them buy your products or services.

Cons:

Some apps might be used as both trigger and action, such as Office 365, Google Calendar, WordPress, and YouTube. Others can be only a trigger (Pay Pal). But there is a third group that cannot function on their own (e.g. LinkedIn). In these cases, activation only happens with other apps as triggers (Facebook or Twitter), which may be considered a drawback.

Teresa T.
Nonprofit Grant Strategist in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

Big time saver

5 last month New

Pros:

Once you get everything set up, Zapier is a great tool to help workflows run much more smoothly. It can be a little tricky to figure out at first but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to set up.

Cons:

The free version is pretty limited so you'll probably need to upgrade quickly. It's not yet integrated with a couple of the things I use, so hopefully they'll get set up soon. You have to watch out for the rare glitch and be sure things are still connected properly.

Fabrice I.
Fabrice I.
Gérant in Réunion
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees

Review Zapier

5 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I tried the free version and I quickly went to a competitor, easier to learn.

Pros:

Benefits: 24/7 support team Integrations (over 3000). Simple organization of files and folders. We can count on a team of experts to set up a zap.

Cons:

Cons: Increased prices for using additional zaps. Complex workflows very quickly become tedious to improve.

Alaister L.
Alaister L.
System Administrator in Hong Kong
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Easy-to-use and powerful no-code automation tool

4 2 months ago New

Comments: Zapier is an excellent tool for building integrations. It saves me time on programming the integration system by myself. Although the plans are a bit expensive than its alternatives, I think it worths the price.

Pros:

It has a lot of apps for building integrations. With the simple app editor interface and the help center where all apps are documented in detail, I can set up the integrations very easily without touching the codes to finish automated tasks.

Cons:

On the free and starter plans, there is a 15-minute update time causing a delay in the execution of my apps and a limit on premium apps. I have to upgrade my apps to a more expensive plan.

Mohamed E.
Mohamed E.
Compliance Analyst in Egypt
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees

If you want all apps in one basket and one medal so its Zapier

5 last month New

Comments: My experience with Zapier is great ,I was worried about using several apps but with Zapier it collects all of these apps in one screen and decrease work efforts and decrease manual work

Pros:

The best I liked in Zapier is all Zapier features, Zapier considered Keychain or basket of apps ,It gives me the accessibility to add several apps into 1 screen and can be accessed easily, beside ability to automate sending reminders and mail templates, The best thing that all.of these actions doesn't require coding and writing various scripts but it can be done easily

Cons:

Through my usage of Zapier I didn't found any critical issues , But I noticed that some apps.when integrated doesn't integrate with all app features

Sean S.
Owner in US
Photography, 2-10 Employees

Great marketing tool for early ventures

5 2 months ago New

Comments: Zapier is great. If you have multiple programs you need to integrate it's perfect. It's also good if your saving money in a small operation by using several different things. You can make your own CRM in a round about way.

Pros:

Zapier was great. I was able to use the free version in order to do tests for a new business idea. I ran ads and zapier made it so easy to make sure I was notified in my email when someone responded to my facebook ads. It would also integrate with my burner number I was using and send out the first message greeting my customers. I was able to use it at low cost in order to test out my business idea without signing up for a year of something else. I just scratched the surface of all the awesome things you could do with it as well. I picked it up pretty quick after just two youtube videos on how to use it. They're customer service team was awesome as well. I actually got a real person. I try to work with companies that still give you easy access to a real person because that's just so much better. I'm a gen z too not some boomer. I still think personal help is the way to go.

Cons:

Zapier is really good if you need to use a lot of different programs or if you're trying to save while bootstrapping a little marketing campaign. I think there are better one stop solutions out there that make business easier for a lot of companies.

Assistant Director of Operations in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Workflow Management for the win!

5 2 months ago New

Pros:

I love that I can use Zapier to manage the workflow of data in my work and personal life. I am able to use their Zaps to automatically make trello cards or slack entries based on certain conditions. It makes life a lot more organized!

Cons:

Sometimes the minimal coding can be a struggle especially in the beginning but once you get the hang of it, it's not too complicated!

Tony S.
Managing Director in South Africa
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

Automating Business Processes without technical skills.

5 last year

Comments: When a customer visits my website there are multiple entry points, for example signing up to our newsletter, or opening up a user account, or buying a product. Zapier allows me to differentiate between these different people and set up specific tasks for each class of consumer. This completely automates the process, which saves me a very large amount of time. The fact that I can also make changes to flowcharts on my own is pretty amazing. I am extremely happy with how it manages my tasks, and lets me know immediately if something has stopped working, so I can see what has caused a bottleneck.

Pros:

One of the biggest challenges for me as a business owner is the fact that I need to outsource a lot of technical issues to developers which end up costing me a lot of money. Every time I need to change something, it costs even more. Zapier puts me in control of managing my business flow processes. I can link leads from multiple social media sources directly into my own CRM software, send out text messages and welcome emails to new clients, all automatically. If I need to change something, I can do it myself in a few minutes. Zapier has literally saved me and my small business thousands of dollars in development.

Cons:

The learning curve on Zapier is not as easy as they would like you to believe. They've introduced a new format which is supposed to make it easier, but it's actually made it more difficult because it is now harder to see the flow diagrams. Support is fantastic if you do get stuck, and they're always willing to help - but it did take me about 2-3 weeks before I felt comfortable developing flows (what they call Zaps). Another issue for me is the change in billing structure. They used to have a pay-as-you-use model. Their new payment models make it seem like Zapier is now cheaper than it was before, but it actually works out a lot more expensive.

Alexandra G.
Social Media Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1 000 Employees

Switching to Zapier has saved us many headaches!

5 2 years ago

Comments: We've had an amazing experience switching to Zapier. Our previous vendor disconnected all the time and wasn't great about notifying us, and was considerably more expensive. Zapier is responsive, intuitive and exceeded our expectations. It's really helped us create value for our clients.

Pros:

I love that Zapier is intuitive to setup and warns us of any disconnections, and has an amazing support staff, all features our previous vendor was seriously lacking. We initially made the switch to Zapier simply to link Facebook Lead Ads to email, but since have utilized many other "zaps" to create workflows for clients that our clients are thrilled about. We've linked Facebook Ads to CRMs and email marketing platforms, text messages, Google Sheets and auto-emails, and we've turned our internal marketing team and SEO and PPC teams onto the service. In my opinion, the best feature of Zapier is the ability to build out entire flows (e.g. Facebook Lead Ads submitted triggers adding it to an email list, updating a CRM and sending a text - you don't just have to choose one feature).

Cons:

Facebook's API causes Zapier to disconnect frequently, but Zapier is quick to send an email letting us know our Zap isn't functioning correctly, I just wish they would tell us WHY it isn't functioning correctly. The emails should include more details so that we can isolate the particular part of the service that isn't functioning.

Sr. Associate Director of Web Communications in US
Online Media, 201-500 Employees

Automates Every Day Tasks

5 2 years ago

Comments: Like I said before, we use Zapier to automate tasks that we would normally have to do manually. Things that used to require extra man power and time are done automatically by integrating your every day apps in Zapier.

Pros:

Zapier is great at taking the monotony out of your every day tasks and automates them, saving you both time and money. Zapier does this by connecting to your most used apps and triggering actions depending on conditions that you set up yourself. A few examples of tasks that I personally use Zapier for include: - If our organization posts a new Instagram story, Zapier automatically takes that data and posts it on on our WordPress website to the social media section of the website. - We have a project request form where with any submission, projects are automatically created in Asana. - If I tag a project in Asana, Zapier automatically sends an email to the client that the project is complete.

Cons:

Sometimes it can be somewhat of a hurdle to set up certain integrations. Also, the integrations will at times stop working and it can be a challenge to nail down the exact cause. Usually the integrations stops working because of api changes with the individual apps, or if there was a password change with a user in the account.

Ashley F.
COO in US
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

Best thing to ever happen to a small business!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Amazing. I can't imagine life and work without using this software to automate our tasks. There is never a question now as to whether certain tasks got completed.

Pros:

My company has a very specific set of tasks to perform daily. With Zapier, we've been able to automate 70% of our daily repetitive tasks. It takes a little getting used to how they set their tasks up, but once you have it figured out, there's almost no limit to what Zapier can accomplish for you. We have been able to send hundreds of thousands of emails automatically without lifting a finger. When the system runs into an issue, it alerts us immediately so we can take action. We would not be where we are today without the functionality and ease-of-use of Zapier. When I have any issues I can't solve, the Zapier team is standing by to help me via person emails to solve the problem correctly the first time without making me feel incompetent. This system has saved us from having to hire an entire IT department. More so, when I DID hire an IT group to help me originally set up, guess what they used? ZAPIER!

Cons:

The only thing I dislike about Zapier is the initial learning curve in how it works and needs to flow. After that, it's quite easy. I also wish they would save fields when changing tasks- for instance I have a task that needs to run on a trigger and feed into a database, but each month, the database needs to go to a new tab. Even though I change the tab in the task on zapier, I have to re-enter all other data because zapier erases it. Solve that, and this would be a perfect software for me.

Vice President - Digital Marketing in US
Financial Services

The BEST tool out there for automation & sending data ... wherever! :)

5 4 years ago

Comments: For data-driven businesses who use a large number of SaaS products .. or any software with an API really...which is... I would hope all of them... ;) , Zapier is an absolute no-brainer. Never again (when selecting new software to purchase) do we have to worry "Oh, well it doesn't integrate with {{insertOtherSoftwareHere}}, so we can't use it until their dev teams builds it for us". You have full control over what data goes where, how it should be formatted, and all the tools you need to test & optimize that "data transport" over time. Further, the automation possibilities are nearly endless. Want to kick-off an email whenever someone completes a training-video on your site? (without having to rely on client-side javascript tagging): easy with zapier. Want to test out a new e-commerce solution, but don't want to deal with having two sources of product-fulfillment? easy, just send the order data to your existing ecom platform with zapier, and centralize all the fulfillment there. the possibilities are infinite, it just comes down to having at least one person who is savvy with either Javascript (Node.js) or Python if you want to do more "custom" things beyond the built-in apps (which ... is still a lot). Can't recommend enough.

Pros:

1. highly flexible & customizable: if they don't have a pre-built integration with a tool you use, you can easily build your own using their built-in webhook, webhook listeners, and "code" blocks. does require a bit of coding experience, but once you or your team build a few things / experiment & figure it out.. it's an absolute game-changer. 2. you'll think "what would i do without this?" ... that's the hallmark of a great software, and Zapier is without a doubt one of the top 3 most important tools for our business. if you want to be data-driven, the first step is getting the right data to the right places. Zapier enables you to do that EASILY. 3. reliable. i've only had about 2 - 3 "outages" in my zaps since i started using the tool, and they were all due to edge-cases that my custom-code steps didn't handle properly. Zapier gives you a nice debugging / testing interface and allows you to search back through every single "zap" that your account has sent over time... and step through them to sort out what the issue might be.

Cons:

1. pulling in "test data" when building zaps - this is one thing that really annoys me... when you're creating a new Zap, and Zapier is "testing the step" that you just set up, it only pulls the most recent "event" that matches what you're doing. Now, this is OK in most cases, but if you have a zap that needs to handle a few different situations "conditionally" ... then it stinks. for example, say you want to build a zap that sends your sales team an email every-time a Stripe charge of over is processed. Well, if the most recent charge in Stripe (or the most recent 3 or 4, etc.) are all lower than, then your test will fail. That's a very contrived example, but ideally, Zapier would allow you to search through past events for the app that you're trying to "zap from", and CHOOSE the appropriate test event. Minor gripe mainly will only impact those who want to build more complex/complicated zaps.

Stefany B.
Stefany B.
Owner in US
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Point and Click Automation

5 4 years ago

Comments: Decrease in errors from inside and outside of the company on paperwork
Increased productivity due to faster dissemination of vital information.
Lower cost to operate. Fewer humans needed to handle the office.

Pros:

There are almost too may pros to mention. Office automation in my number one requirement and Zapier makes it easy and fast. All of my software can now "talk" to each other to handle tedious and time consuming tasks. Contractors, clients and employees can enter data into front-end forms and everyone gets the right PDF for their needs on the other end. I am still finding new uses as my company grows. The mail parser offered by Zapier is magical! You choose the information you want pulled from email list and the data is added to your database or any app you have connected. The daily and weekly update emails are scraped for the important parts, all the data is extracted to the apps that are most valuable for the company. As this data is time sensitive, not having to wait for a human to do it keeps us ahead of the curve. The multi-step addition was right on time. Now I can move data to a number of apps in seconds. Overall, Zapier has made it easier for my agents to follow the rules. Paperwork is submitted digitally, leads are disseminated automatically saving time between the client calling and getting a return call. Zapier just saves time and keeps errors to a minimum. If you are control freak like myself, you NEED Zapier.

Cons:

Some of the multi step process are not intuitive to create. Support is very helpful but I feel there might need a small interface update that could make it easier to understand.

Jamie W.
Coordinator of Production Services and Facilities in US
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees

Zapier adds value to all of my other software by putting the polish on all of my web-based systems

5 4 years ago

Comments: We use several SAAS solutions in our day-to-day operations. Zapier is the glue that holds it all together. The automation that we've been able to implement through Zapier is what gives the impression of a slick, unified system. It has allowed us to continue improving by using the best features from a wide array of software to build a customized system that works the way we want it to without having to enlist our own team of developers. I used to run into roadblocks with software and think, "Gee, I wish I could just..." With Zapier, I actually can.

Pros:

Zapier is exceptionally easy to use. I started by playing around with a few of the hundreds of suggested Zaps, but it didn't take long to get the gist and start building from scratch. I use Zapier to send automated emails triggered by software that either doesn't offer that option natively or doesn't give me as much customization as I want. The result has been increased communication coming out of my office with far less time commitment to make it happen. With budgets what they are these days, I'm constantly being asked to do more with less. Zapier has made that possible. Another unexpected plus is that I've discovered other great software through Zapier. I've got a favorite relational database. I've got a favorite web form. I've got a favorite workflow system when I need input from others. Zapier has allowed me to tie all of those together without having to compromise so I can take advantage of the best features of all of them. Because I don't have to intervene manually, there's no duplicate data entry so errors are minimized as well. Zapier saves me time every day.

Cons:

Multi-step Zaps are great, but conditional Zaps would help me stay more organized. Right now, Zapier doesn't offer that so I end up with three separate Zaps that each have a unique filter, rather than one conditional Zap that can route to different steps based on variable input. So far, I've always been able to find a work around. It's like having a 2000-piece Lego set, but not having the exact piece you want. You can still build your house, and it will be amazing, but it would have saved you a few steps if you just had that one more piece.

Kayona B.
Content Director in US
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

Best way to make the connection

5 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, Zapier is just a life and time saver! Software companies are popping up every day, often with no regard to how a customer may specifically need it to work with another software. Without Zapier, some functions may need manual attention that very small businesses simply cannot afford to spend the time to give. Zapier is a must have for any business, big or small.

Pros:

With so much technology being created to make our lives easier, speedbumps can occur when these applications can't seamlessly communicate with each other. Here's where Zapier comes in. This might be the single most important element of my business flow. Zapier is the liaison for all of apps and software, enabling them to talk and connect with each other in ways that, perhaps, they didn't intend. For example, in my business, we offer a booklet that customers can purchase with add-ons. We do not print the books ourselves; we use a print-on-demand service, so we need the orders sent to that company when they come in. The print company can't connect to our order form, and who has the time to send orders that may come in round the clock, one by one to a fulfillment plant? Zapier enables us to connect our order form to Gmail so that when the orders come in, an email of the order specifications are automatically sent to the fulfillment company where they can print the book and ship it to our customer. See? Zapier make life so much easier!

Cons:

Although it's fairly user-friendly, setting up a "Zap" (a connection from one software to another, or many others) takes lots of tests with lots of trial and error. This is not necessarily a "con", as most things require tests and are not just "plug-and-play." But I'd advise anyone, especially newcomers to this great software, to count on spending some time to get it right, because it will require quite some time to perfect.

Fillipe neyl W.
Fillipe neyl W.
CEO in Brazil

Zapier makes creating integrations fast and easy

5 last year

Comments: There's no secret to use Zapier, all you need to is to play with it, follow simple steps the interface tells you to or read the documentation (that's very abundant). The most recent thing I've learned was to use webhooks and use Zapier to get ou send information directly to apps API. It solves most of the issues I mentioned prior.

Pros:

Zapier changed the way I deal with apps and tasks. Now everything I need to accomplish I ask myself: is it possible to use Zapier to make this easier or even totally automated? From simple things like sending happy birthday emails to my clients, to connecting a ERP app with Google Spreadsheets, there's hundreds of apps with thousands of possible combinations possible to make our lives easier.

Cons:

Since they revamped the interface for creating and managing Zaps, there's not really anything that I don't like about Zapier. If worth mentioning something, it would be the missing actions, triggers or sometimes apps to integrate, but that's not Zapier's fault, because it depends of the apps making their services available on Zapier. Some apps like Wrike sell their own automating app, so they don't offer many choices inside Zapier. Others like RD Station Marketing lack of possibilities in their own API, so it's not possible to do much too.

David K.
David K.
General Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees

Connecting my apps

4 2 years ago

Comments: Support was very good - and honest - when we uncovered the bug of some of the Slack functionality not working. It's an easy tool to use - I had set up 4 Zaps without a problem and I am not a technical person.

Pros:

It's really easy to connect the apps we use to facilitate the exchange of data and increase the functionality of our core applications. An example - we use Ringcentral for phone service and messaging. We realized that as we increase the use of SMS messaging we were "working in silos" not knowing what each other was texting to a customer. We were able to "share text messages" by setting up a Zapier that copied all of the text messages into slack so the entire team could read them. Simple and effective. No programming.

Cons:

Zapier had some functions , such as retrieving a new file received in Slack, that do not work. I have been in contact with support, they acknowledge the bug, but will not give an estimate to when it will be fixed. This major flaw has forced us to look at Zapier alternatives to meet our needs.

Janosch F.
Janosch F.
Human Resources Consultant in Germany
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees

A powerfull door opener

5 2 years ago

Comments: Encountering and getting to use Zapier really was an enlightening experience. There have been a lot of occasions on which I run into a wall before I knew about Zaps. Although it might scare of some people on the more sceptical side I must say, I am a convinced and excessive user of Zaps and would recommend anyone who is considering tools to look for Zapier integration and check which additional doors this opens. Definite recommendation.

Pros:

whenever we evaluate a product for use, be it internally, be it for use with a customer or a team wether or not it is integrated with Zapier has made a great difference. Zapier manages to open the door for many many tools we would not have considered as standalone solutions, but with Zapiers easy and quick integration we are able to combine best-of-breed tools into robust, custom-tailored, specific, effective solutions for scenarios and - most often - also solve side cases in the same run. ZAier makes it easy to connect Applications on API basis and actually makes the "lets make tool A talk to tool B whenever C happens" reality. Also, there are already many so called "Zaps" (integrations between applications) in place that fit many common usecases. For example - I can create the Stub for an Offer in my accounting solution automatically whenever I move an Opportunity in the sales-pipeline to the "offer" stage. Things like this save time every day and this is just one example. I would call an existing Zapier Integration critical for my tool selection and recommendation process.

Cons:

The subscription modell of Zapier is sometimes somewhat tricky. Most often it is recommendable to start with a number of Zaps that are free in a certain timeframe. Thex are limited by the latency and overal number they are applicable, lets say per day. Sadly there is no fallback, such as when an experimental Zap really takes off and is required to go live asap I have been debuging for extended ammounts of time before I understood, that latency issues might be caused by my subscription choice. I wouldn't complain about the cost of zaps, as Cost is actually beneficial because it makes you think wether or not a Zap really is worth it or not.

Gregory A.
Gregory A.
Head of Product in US
Defense & Space, 11-50 Employees

Powerful, intuitive platform that returns your valuable time by automating tasks

4 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, we've had a great experience with Zapier. As a small company, any time saved by automating manual tasks is incredibly valuable, and Zapier has saved us hours upon hours of time by automatically moving new files from one location to another, automatically updating spreadsheets upon form submissions, automatically tweeting something following a new blog post, and lots more. I've personally used Zapier for almost 6 years now and I've found it to be incredibly valuable.

Pros:

Zapier's two most powerful attributes are the platform's ease of use, combined with the number of products & services they've integrated. Zapier's workflow for creating "zaps" (automations) is incredibly intuitive; you start with the "trigger" step, then end with the "action" step. Given the number of services that they've integrated with, the possible combinations are almost endless. We've used Zapier to automate a number of tasks & workflows at our organization, and it's saved us a tremendous amount of time.

Cons:

Zapier's mission to integrate as many different services as possible has added a tremendous amount of value to their offering, however a side effect of this strategy is that occasionally, some of their integrations can be rather shallow. In other words, for products and services that aren't used by a significantly large number of users, Zapier might only offer 3 "trigger" options out of a possible 5, which can be very problematic if you need one of those missing two triggers in order to start your workflow.

Dustin w. S.
Dustin w. S.
CEO in US

The most comprehensive automation tool

4 2 years ago

Comments: The overall experience is good. Although overwhelming, and sometimes time-consuming to figure out how to get exactly what I need, Zapier does what it promises. The support team has also been great as well each time I've needed their help.

Pros:

The amount of options that Zapier has for integrations is astounding. The possibilities really are endless as far as tying multiple apps/services together to perform automated tasks regularly. Their interface also makes it relatively easy to put together the automations so that it's not rocket science.

Cons:

Its greatest strength is also its greatest weakness in that because there are so many options, it's overwhelming. There are so many things you can do with the integrations that I have often felt like I am not getting nearly as much out of it as I could be. I found myself relying on reading their blog and suggested zaps to see if I get any ideas. Ultimately I'm left with a feeling of "I don't know how to get the most out of this service."

Daniel M.
SEO Specialist in Israel
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Automate everything in one single dashboard!

5 6 days ago New

Comments: I think Zapier is great to start with. They offer a free plan to test it out. You do not need to know how to code to use the user interface, and it's pretty easy to use. The process of setting up zaps is actually very exciting since everything is simplified. The interface is clean and the software delivers on its promises quite well. So far, no problems have arisen.

Pros:

It's a very user-friendly program that enables automation in an efficient manner. It also offers a wide range of options. I enjoy using the pre-made zaps a lot. They have helped me find automation that I did not know I needed. There are a lot of available features in Zappier, and it seems that if there is an application with an API (not sure if all apps are required to provide one), then you are likely to find it there. The monthly newsletter is typically packed with ideas of what to set up, which might sound silly, but I enjoy reading it. I guess I'm an Automator myself, so that could explain it.

Cons:

Sometimes, understanding the technical elements can be difficult. My time is often consumed with the process of figuring out how to make something work. Zapier will not solve all of your issues, there are some that you will need to solve on your own. Many of the things I have tried are simply not effective. This may be the fault of Zapier, or it might be the fault of the individual apps.

Juliette R.
Student and Part Time Blog Writer in US
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

A Fantastic Software that Simplifies Complicated Automation

4 5 months ago

Comments: Zapier is awesome, and it works well for everyday use. It breaks down complicated concepts into simple steps and I was able to use the software as someone who is often confused using technology. One improvement would be to decrease the number of webpage redirects so that I wouldn't have to look in another place besides the dashboard to set up my "zap."

Pros:

I did not even know that something like Zapier existed until I was looking for a platform that could automate my work on Trello. I initially believed that maybe Trello had an automation feature, but I was disappointed to find out it did not. Instead, I found Zapier. I was initially confused on how Zapier would help me automate and I was worried that it would be difficult and technical. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was! I love the layout of the software, and the explanations behind each step are easy and seamless to set up between platforms. I am happy that I was able to automate some of my work on Trello and customize each "zap" to do exactly what I want. I'm disappointed that I did not find out about this software sooner!

Cons:

Something that confused me about this software was that it seemed like there were different instructions in different places on the site depending on what I wanted to do. For example, I wanted to create a "Zap" so that when a new card was created on Trello, I would receive an email about it. When I tried to set this up, however, Zapier led me to another webpage that was specifically made for doing this task. I just don't understand why there would be a special platform just for this task, and why I was unable to do it myself through the dashboard.