GoCodes Asset Management Reviews

• Overall
    4,3 /5
    4,3 /5
    4,4 /5

About GoCodes Asset Management

We provide a total patented IT asset & inventory tracking solution that harnesses the power of smartphones, QR codes and cloud software

Learn more about GoCodes Asset Management

Tom D.
Sole Proprietor/Photographer
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/13

"Held my inventory list hostage"

Comments: As a small Photographer in DC we didn't find ourselves needing to use it every day or in some cases every month. Therefore we simply wanted to use it when and as needed. Sadly the team had no interest in helping us when we needed the files. We had started to use them very early on when you could create your own asset tags - we had ordered a bunch of them and it took us a long time and we still haven't even gotten to use them all however the GoCodes teams wouldn't let us use them or even refund us just because we didn't really meet their client model.

Pros: The concept of it is great, However for us it just seemed like they didn't have services for the little guy

Cons: wasn't friendly to the small business owner

by GoCodes on 2019/01/23

Hello Tom, sorry to hear that things did not go as planned. As a GoCodes customer, you can view and download your asset data at any time. We always make it available to you from your online account. If you contact us with more information we can work to resolve any issue you had with our services.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/13
Dwight D.
Warehouse Operations Manager

"Great system"

Pros: easy to use and set up not hard to navigate

Cons: don't like the way it works on apple products work with it needs work

by GoCodes on 2019/01/14

Hello Dwight, thanks for taking the time to review our product. Please let us know what suggestions you have for the Apple App? We have a new version scheduled for release later this month and it will include iPad support too.

Curt S.
Team member
Law Enforcement, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/18

"Missing the one element that I need the most"

Comments: I want to be able to check tools in and out from a remote location where there is no cell service. I want the program to allow me to use my cell phone.

Pros: I can check my equipment in and out easily

Cons: I cannot do an inventory or check tools in and out from a remote location where there is no cell service. I cannot even do that, store it on my handheld and then download it to my computer later.

by GoCodes on 2019/01/25

Hello Curt, thanks for providing your feedback. You're correct that our software requires an Internet connection to operate and so cannot be used off-the-grid. We have looked into adding this feature but it's more complex than you may assume and the demand is limited at this time. I hope you find something that will work for you.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/18
Jason C.
Shop Manager
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/02

"Asset tracking with great software!"

Comments: From the beginning we were just looking for a way to find out where our equipment was. We got in touch with GoCodes and from day one they offered us a demo and over 200 stickers! We started the process of adhering the easy to install GoCodes stickers, and installed the mobile app. Since then we have added over 1000 additional stickers. We would highly recommend this system to anyone who is looking for asset tracking or inventory management.

Pros: The detailed information options that can be added to every asset.

Cons: Couple of bugs that need to be worked out with the mobile app. When you do a multiple scan. and then go back to a single it polls the previous multiple.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/02
Engineer
Utilities, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/14

"GoCodes Asset Management Review"

Comments: My Overall experience has been good using GoCodes.
I find it does help me with my day to day jobs.

Pros: Simple Set up.
Easy to use.
Doesn't take up to much phone space.

Cons: Software can be slow at times. I have found nothing else which has been a problem for me.

by GoCodes on 2019/01/15

Thanks for the review. We are concerned about your comment regarding the response time. We implemented a major system upgrade in Q4 2018 and that should result in sub second response times for many requests. Can you share the specifics with our support team and they will get this resolved s[email protected]

• Reviewed on 2019/01/14
Jordan W.
EH&S Manager
Construction, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/19

"GoCodes has simplified our monthly fire extinguisher and ladder inspection process."

Pros: I use GoCodes to conveniently track periodic inspections for safety equipment such as fire extinguishers on construction sites all over the US. My team and I am are exposed to some extreme environments. We no longer have to carry a clipboard with pages of inspection forms that blow away in the wind, become rain soaked, become illegible, or could get dropped from atop of a high structure. With GoCodes everything I need to document my inspection in on my iPhone making my job safer and easier.

Cons: We use GoCodes for periodic ladder and fire extinguisher inspections each items have different inspection criteria's. When I scan a fire extinguishers I have to scroll through all of the drop down boxes and to find all of the fire extinguisher criteria options I need to check off. It would be convenient if only options pertaining to fire extinguishers would show up on the app when I scan a fire extinguisher code.

by GoCodes on 2017/10/23

Hi Jordan, I'm so pleased to hear that GoCodes is helping your company in such a significant way! I will take your feedback regard the ability to only see information pertaining to fire extinguishers back to the product team to see if we can provide suggestions or make an enhancement.

Gillian A.
Project Co-ordinator
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/22

"Good product"

Comments: We are using this product for tracking tools and it was exactly what we were looking for. When I had difficulty understanding some of the set up, I got immediate assistance, even though I am on the smallest program. Support and ease of use are both excellent

Pros: Many of the products we looked at had multiple features we did not need. We were able to select the product that was best suited for our needs without having to pay for features we did not require.

Cons: It would be nice to get more codes without having to go to a monthly billing situation, due to our limited use of the product.

by GoCodes on 2019/07/29

Hello Gillian, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. We're pleased to hear you rated us 10/10!

• Reviewed on 2019/07/22
Justin W.
It help desk

"It works!"

Comments: We have a lot of employees and a lot of equipment, but with GoCodes it’s easy!

Pros: Easy to use, easy to manage our inventory!

Cons: Nothing! It’s up to date and easy! Thanks for your hard work

by GoCodes on 2018/08/23

Hello Justin, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use!

Philip R.
Safety Officer
Construction, 2-10 Employees

"Excellent Product"

Comments: Currently we are using GoCodes primarily to get a handle on our assets and to track service date records. Moving forward we will implement the ability for our on-site supervisors to check in/out equipment for tracking.

Pros: Online and mobile app makes viewing and updating inventory Simone in the field!

Cons: The custom fields are great but the standard item lists being editable would make my job a bit easier. This is not a deal breaker!

by GoCodes on 2018/08/23

Hello Philip, thanks for reviewing GoCodes.

We will evaluate making the standard item list editable for customers. It's a great idea!

Lee S.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/08

"Best way to track your Equipment"

Pros: What is great about GoCodes is that you can look up any piece of equipment and see who has used the equipment and where it is located at last scan.

Cons: Con is its only as good as the employees using it, or really not using it.

by GoCodes on 2019/11/11

Hi Lee, thanks for your review and for rating GoCodes 9/10 to recommend to others.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/08
Special Finance Manager
Military, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/21

"Excellent asset & inventory tracking program that will be a great fit for any business size"

Comments: Being able to enter asset with great details which makes it easy to manage those assets

Pros: Web-based, ease of entry and will work with any type desktop, laptop, tablet and smart phone

Cons: I haven’t been using the software for an extended amount of time and honestly I like the entire program.

by GoCodes on 2018/08/23

Thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use!

IT Director
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/10

"It was a breeze to implement and start up"

Pros: I love the ease of use and the ability to locate and check out assets for different uses. The ability to add a picture with the mobile app is an added bonus

Cons: UI needs refinement for the mobile app and the ability to have the stickers reapply after a time would be great

by GoCodes on 2017/10/14

Thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. We always appreciate feedback from customers like you! We are always enhancing our software so watch out for the latest upgrades. In terms of labels, great idea, we will look into offering reusable labels.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/10
Sonja B.
Office coordinator/Executive Assistant
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/01

"New to Asset Tagging"

Comments: Todd, my Representative went well over and beyond to assist me with my inquiries, set up and questions. He had incredible patience and explained everything very well. Excellent customer service was one of the main reasons we selected the product.

Pros: Simplicity of design. Speed of adding assets

Cons: Technical support, user instructions are not easily accessible and found.
Be able to add existing picture from mobile app instead of taking a picture.

by GoCodes on 2019/08/02

Hello Sonja, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. We're pleased to hear you love the simplicity and ease of use.

Have you tried using the Knowledge Base which has a great set of articles that answer all the most common questions?

For adding pictures from the mobile app. You can add existing pictures and edit them on Android and we are planning on adding this feature to the iOS app later this summer.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/01
Information Technology Specialist
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/21

"GoCodes is highly functional but it could improve in a lot of ways"

Comments: I like GoCodes but i think it can be improved it many ways

Pros: I haven't had any functionality issues with it yet which means it very reliable.

Cons: The user interface could be better
IT doesnt have an audit trail feature

by GoCodes on 2018/08/23

Thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes and appreciate the reliability of our total solution.

You mentioned the Audit Trial feature as missing which is incorrect. All transactions in GoCodes are logged in detail and cane be used in reporting. The History log for each asset can be viewed in the Asset Detail menu or in the Reports Menu area.

Please check our knowledge base for more information or contact [email protected]

Jonas A.
IT Specialist
Mental Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/11

"Could use a little polishing, but overall very useful and works well"

Pros: Good system to keep track of inventory and has lot's of information on each piece of equipment

Cons: Kind of a clunky UI and not very pretty, could use an overhaul in that area, but it works well.

by GoCodes on 2019/01/14

Great feedback. We are about to release a whole new version of GoCodes 2.0 with a new and improved UI that will address your comments in that area. We wanted to focus on features and usability first, cosmetics second, but now it's time to release our new UI as well!

Rod R.
Logistics Manager
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/26

"Looking For Tools"

Comments: We were looking for an economical tracking program to keep up with tool inventory on various construction projects. We initially set up the free account but found that it wasn't as robust as obtaining the Premium package. Since initiating the Premium package, we have been able to keep up all tool inventory over a broad spectrum of job sites. Highly recommend!

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: N/A

• Reviewed on 2016/10/26
Douglas b—cto, east meets west productions
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2013/12/02

"Very satisfied"

Comments: I thought I’d send you a quick note to let you know how satisfied I am with my GoCodes Asset Tags. Your staff was top notch in working with me to get the right tags and the right design; and the turnaround time was excellent. The tags themselves are bright and clear, just what I was looking for. The tags are easy to spot from a distance, scan flawlessly and are pretty darn durable to boot. Once you stick them to an item they are not coming off without some serious effort!

Pros: Turnaround time was excellent.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2013/12/02
Jody W.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/19

"I am very happy with the ease of this program even though I have only used it for a short time."

Pros: The mobile scanning application makes the program very easy to use. All employees are happy with the program.

Cons: The code stickers do not stay on the equipment. I have been engraving the numbers on the equipment.

by GoCodes on 2017/10/23

Hello Jody, Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. We can help find a better option for labels or tags and can provide metal foil or metal that can withstand harsh environments like yours. Please email or call support for assistance.

Brice J.
Wine & Spirits, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/28

"Great for inventory. Not great for kegs management."

Comments: Stopped using them because we would have to pay the next level up in order to get more stickers/codes for more kegs. Not enough stickers/codes for the price if you have 700 kegs.

Pros: Easy to use.
Lots of searchable info
QR codes

Cons: Limited number of options
Need more stickers for same or low price
Not good for keg management

by GoCodes on 2018/09/01

Hello Brice, Thanks for sharing your feedback and for trying GoCodes. I can see that it was not an ideal solution for tracking brewing kegs inventory and maybe there's a better solution out there for your application.We are very competitively priced but your project was not a good fit and would be better suited to a true production inventory system.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/28
Diego H.
  • Reviewed on 2015/04/30

"The best app for assets management"

Comments: Being able to have an application in the cloud to manage from any location from my assets , becomes life easier , this system already recommended it to several clients and friends as ease of use and quick access to information of my assets , makes it very agile It is a system that does what it promises and esperemo to continue adding more functions. Pros: Simple, intuitive , and multiplatform, the QR code is amazing tool for a quick access of the information. Cons: Develop more features to the app for Android

• Reviewed on 2015/04/30
Jessica L.
Facilities coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/15

"Love it"

Pros: That I can check inventory in and out to my coworkers and run reports of what inventory I have and see who still has items checked out.

Cons: The scanner can be a little wonky if you are trying to do multiple scans T the same time to input inventory

by GoCodes on 2018/03/16

Hi Jessica, thanks for the great feedback and glad to hear that you love GoCodes! Were going to look into improving the scanner performance too. We just released a new Android app which has excellent scanning performance and may be worth your time. GoCodes Customer Care.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/15
CFO
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/14

"Easy to use"

Pros: I like the mobile app and the overall ease of use.

Cons: I wish it had more robust integration into our accounting systems.

by GoCodes on 2018/12/18

Thanks for sharing your review. Can you tell us what accounting system you use so we can include it as an enhancement request for future development.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/14
Jason R.
IT Support Analyst
Staffing & Recruiting, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Review"

Pros: Overall, easy to navigate and downright straightforward in appearance. No going through hoops to get to features.

Cons: Nothing to report; this app was definitely very helpful.

by GoCodes on 2018/08/23

Hello Jason, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use!

David B.
APM
Civil Engineering, 501-1 000 Employees

"Go codes review"

Comments: Good. easy to keep track of equipment and print list of where equipment is located

Pros: easily keeps track of assets and locations of equipment

Cons: too many field and setup is kind of bulky and confusing at times

by GoCodes on 2019/01/14

Hello David, thanks for taking the time to provide a review of GoCodes. Did you know what you can setup GoCodes to hide unused fields which helps helps speed and simplify things? If you need help just email or call.

Eynat E.
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/26

"Gets the job done at a fair price"

Pros: It is very user friendly making it easy to check things in and out, with minimal lag time.

Cons: I hate that you can only create one database. Having the option to create more than 1 would go a long way in improving it.

by GoCodes on 2019/01/30

Good feedback on our service. I will forward the request to be able to add multiple different databases to the product team for consideration. It's a great idea.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/26