LearnUpon Reviews

by LearnUpon

• Overall

About LearnUpon

Create, manage, deliver, and measure learning that helps your business grow without compromise.

Learn more about LearnUpon

Ezzy S.
Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/21

"A Simple and Easy-to-Use LMs"

Comments: Overall, I'm extremely impressed with LearnUpon. It's the easiest LMS I've ever used. It's so user-friendly that I've seen about a 45% drop in usability questions and support requests from my learners.

Pros: LearnUpon's user interface is clean, beautiful, and very easy to use. The implementation was the easiest LMS implementation I've ever been a part of. The support you get from both the support team and your account rep are outstanding. The entire LMS is solidly built and extremely trustworthy.

Cons: This LMS is lacking in reporting tools. Luckily, the company is aware and working to build out more robust reports. In the meantime, however, you really have to export reports to Excel and figure it out from there. I also wish there was more flexibility in the way courses can be laid out. There aren't many options right now.

• Reviewed on 2021/07/21
Thomas S.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/20

"Fantastic support and great solution for corporate learning"

Comments: Over the years I have been a very demanding customer and an ill tempered one at that when I was stressed out about things not at all related to the learning management system. Every time I was grumpy the support guys and gals were supportive and patient with me and focused on helping me in whatever query I had. I built my business with Learnupon as its backbone and never regret the decision. I am proud to be one of their first 100 customers and delighted to see them with over 1000 now. I celebrated my first big contract with a bottle of champagne with the Learnupon Staff in their headquarters, was invited to a customer appreciation evening with canapés when they moved to bigger premises, and they sent my wife flowers on the birth of our daughter... what more can I say? They are integral to my business now and I deeply appreciate the ongoing support and product developments which make the system bigger and better every year. Thanks Learnupon.com and keep up the great work!

Pros: I found the LMS to be very user friendly and very importantly whenever I had an issue of a problem doing something, or as was more likely the case, whenever I screwed something up, the Learnupon support were there to save the day and provide a solution.

Cons: At the start (I am with them over 5 years now) I didn't like the e-commerce side but it was significantly improved over time and most importantly, an integration was created to work with Shopify and Zapier which has really transformed my business.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/20
Kariann D.
Director of Education
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

"User-friendly"

Pros: The ease of use on both the administrator and user side is fabulous.

Cons: There were some features that I needed/would have liked to use. With the suggestions, they have been moving forward with their development team to make changes and improvements to their platform. My Customer Success Manager meets with me frequently to discuss any issues I have and to update me on any changes that will be forthcoming to the platform. The level of communication from LU is excellent.

Chris J.
Online Training Manager
Mining & Metals, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/16

"Great Customer Service, Awesome Staff, and a Quality Product"

Comments: We looked at twelve Learning Management Systems before choosing LearnUpon. We needed and LMS that would host on a reliable server they maintain, integrate with Salesforce easily, and not break the bank. LearnUpon has delivered on all points, and more. They met, and exceeded, all expectations and continue to improve every month. Our decision was made several years go. Since signing on with LearnUpon, I have had the pleasure of communicating with several staff members in various scenarios, and all of them are great. I have permission from the reps to call them out personally in this review as outstanding, kind, intelligent, and amazing humans. (To be fair, everyone at LearnUpon is pretty great, but the reps are just too cool for words.)

Pros: It always works; servers do not go down. Learner issues are minimal. Any problems are usually due to issues outside LearnUpon's control. 24-hour support response is quick, robust, and almost always dead-on. When you sign up, you get an account manager who helps you through your implementation to suit your workflows. The team actually listens to upgrade requests and bug reports. I know, because I see solutions implemented. Further, a member of the team usually contacts me to let me know my request was addressed and available in the software. In addition to listening to upgrade requests and bug reports, the team actually seems happy that I contacted them with an issue. There appears to be a genuine desire to provide the best software and have the happiest group of clients on the planet, which speaks volumes as to the culture at LearnUpon. When your clients can see that you have a great culture, you are winning.

Cons: Support is via email. Sometimes it is time-consuming, or difficult, to communicate and resolve a problem in writing. That being said, I can always email my account manager for complex issues, who is happy to engage via a phone call; typically the same day. Things you want aren't always discoverable on your own. I have often called in to ask about a feature and am told someone has to flip a switch to activate the option. While I understand that this procedure is to keep the software usable and protect us from ourselves, which I appreciate, I also like the freedom to explore a little more on my own. To be fair, I rarely have time to read the blog posts and other information from LearnUpon. Perhaps these features are mentioned in the blogs. They do not offer an integrated Learning Record Store, so I haven't had the opportunity to use my xAPI data as robustly as I would like. I actually do not even know what I could do because I do not have a Learning Record Store to play with.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/16
Alex A.
eLearning developer
  • Reviewed on 2016/05/23

"Stable, clean, and streams beautifully (even in Australia!)"

Comments: In soliciting Capterra to help choose an LMS for my client, the main need was to stream SCORM mods globally in four countries. Many providers are US focused and can't deliver a seamless experience (dire experience with Litmos!) Migrating to LearnUpon has been effortless and with support in both hemispheres my client felt truly supported. LearnUpon has just the right amount of features for corporate training without all the unnecessary bells 'n whistles. However, more features are in the pipeline and in a matter of weeks a brand new sparkling UI (User Interface) will be launched which will afford a more natural, gamified experience. The system took a little while to get used to in terms of defining and setting up roles so am hoping the new UI will make it more obvious what the nuances are. A big issue we had was getting our articulate mods to be responsive which is not currently supported. Again, the new UI should make this more usable for mobile users. Overall experience has been great and where we had issues or queries our Account Manager has bent over backwards to assist. Would highly recommend.

• Reviewed on 2016/05/23
Rebecca M.
Content Developer
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/08

"Feature packed, easy to use, AWESOME support"

Comments: I've worked with several LMSes and this is by far the best in terms of ease of use, functionality, and customer support, and cost.

Pros: - Easy to use
- Packed with features that are intuitive and that work to your advantage
- Rarely ever have to use workarounds to do what I want
- Customer support is WORLD CLASS.

Cons: - Migration of your transcript information from your old LMS to LearnUpon comes at a fee. The rest of the work (migrating content, migrating users) is up to you.
- Occasionally there are features I wish did a certain thing, and I contacted my success representative and he helps me figure out how to do it a different way! This is very rare!

• Reviewed on 2019/01/08
Sarah W.
Customer Support Specialist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/21

"Excellent Platform!"

Pros: LearnUpon is an excellent platform that allows us to reach our customers across North America, as well as potential customers internationally. It is easy to use and share and makes our company look very professional and dedicated to education.

Cons: I think at times it can be confusing to navigate through the courses/learning path.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/21
Andreanne C.
Training and quality control
  • Reviewed on 2014/11/12

"Learn Upon in a call center environment"

Comments: I work in a 24h/7 days operational call center in Montreal, Quebec that specialize in messaging services. I am in charge of training and coaching agents on more than 700 different accounts and since I cannot be on site all the time, I use LearnUpon to do a big part of my training. I am able to put videos, tests and documents for my coworkers. We also use the surveys which allow the management and myself to have feedback from our coworkers and obtain answers to general questions. Learn Upon is easy to use even for someone not really tech savvy and whose first language is not English. I get a lot of positive comments from my colleagues and Learn Upon is used daily.

• Reviewed on 2014/11/12
Ryan C.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 2015/05/28

"LearnUpon has been wonderful to work with and use!"

Comments: We have been using LearnUpon for about 2 years now and I do not have one negative thing to say about the company or the platform. It is extremely easy to use and navigate, and some of the features just surpass what other comparable LMS systems are doing. Working in the leadership coaching field, we deal a lot with customer relations, and LearnUpon has been nothing but a revelation to work with. They are quick to answer questions and get you the help you need, as well as constantly updating and improving the system based on what their customers are looking for and submitting to them. I would recommend LearnUpon to anyone looking for an LMS system.

• Reviewed on 2015/05/28
Debra M.
ELearning Developer and LMS Administrator
  • Reviewed on 2016/03/07

"Opening the Door to a New Portal..."

Comments: I like that LearnUpon is a robust student-centric LMS. It gives students the ability to download content, manage their learning modules and ultimately print a Certificate. On the Admin side, it is powerful too. In some ways, it's a lot like Word Mail Merge. There are lots of {fields} which show up in email notifications, certificates and reports. There is a learning curve and there are oodles of features which can be enabled or disabled. I have learned a lot from both the Support Team and the Knowledge Base. Thanks to all!

• Reviewed on 2016/03/07
Mateus S.
Suporte
Translation & Localization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/06

"Great option for LMS and pretty easy to use."

Pros: I had a few experiences with LMS and LearnUpon is by far one of the easiest and robust out there it supports a plethora of software such as PowerPoint, word and so on, so you can work with the most popular tools out there and its very simple and easy to maintain even on the admin side.

Cons: A few additional features would make the software more appealing such as (integration with webex tools and more supported formats for media upload).

• Reviewed on 2018/08/06
Stephanie P.
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/16

"The ease of use and amazing support sold us!"

Comments: If I could give more than 5 stars for support, I would. The support on this platform is amazing. We needed an easy-to-use platform and their competitive pricing and extremely simple platform made it easy to consider them. When we experienced their support, it sealed the deal.

• Reviewed on 2017/03/16
Rachel M.
Head of Training
Construction
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2016/06/17

"Perfect for the Technophobe!"

Pros: Easy to use with a very comprehensive help guide that talks you through everything you need to set up. The technical support offered by LearnUpon is second to none - very quick responses and friendly staff.

Cons: It would be great to be able to change the front dashboard screen to put a training calendar on there or other notifications

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2016/06/17
James S.
Marketing and Design
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/19

"Implementation went well"

Pros: Fairly easy to use and with the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] implementation has gone smoothly. He's been great help and very responsive.

Cons: Would like more customizing options in courses or an wysiwyg editor would be nice.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/19
Head of Finance
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

"LearnUpon Customer Experience"

Comments: Good software, but too expensive for our business

Pros: It is fairly easy to brand and has lots of sensible tools for engaging with your client base

Cons: I needed to be talked through a lot of the tools. The online help & support is okay, but quite difficult to understand

Bridget D.
Documentation Manager
Computer Networking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/23

"Responsive Support and All the Features We Need"

Comments: LearnUpon was the right fit for our company's needs, the size of our organization, and the certifications we offer.

Pros: What I like most about LearnUpon is that it is a stable product.

Cons: Learning paths in LearnUpon are a bit cumbersome.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/23
Richard S.
Chief Executive
  • Reviewed on 2013/05/20

"LearnUpon: Very Satisfied Customer"

Comments: I highly recommend LearnUpon to any training company serious about providing its customers with a superb eLearning experience. We invested heavily in developing stunning eLearning content and needed an LMS to match. After six months of trialing countless different systems I was losing hope of finding one, then I discovered LearnUpon and haven't looked back. I don't feel like I have just bought a product, I feel like I have entered into a partnership with a highly skilled, ambitious and professional team of LMS experts. They're a young, vibrant, ambitious team who definitely put their customers at the very centre of what they do. They understand that their customers aren't buying a system, they're buying a means for taking their eLearning products to market. I believe that you can only be as good as your worst supplier - since adopting the LearnUpon LMS our customers and their learners have gained much added value and overall a superb eLearning experience.

Pros: The perfect LMS for commercial training companies. Great customer portal functionality, with really smart branding and white labeling options that impress our clients and are easy to configure. The LearnUpon LMS is intuitive, versatile, smart and affordable. It has great exam and survey features; easy to build, great learner experience and with useful, detailed reporting with filter and export options. Content writing within the LMS is great; can easily add text, images, documents, videos and audio content, as well as very simple upload of SCORM content. The technical support is first class; immediate and very helpful. The eCommerce feature is really easy to setup up (just need a PayPal account) and provides a professional purchasing experience for our customers, with added features such as discount codes.

Cons: The few limitations of the system that I have fed back to LearnUpon have either been immediately addressed or are planned for imminent updates. LearnUpon are continuously developing the LMS, with new features released every few weeks. In their clear commitment to developing the product they really listen to any feedback and take immediate action to improve the product. LearnUpon are a small company in their infancy, which was a slight concern when signing up with them initially. I asked myself the question 'will they still be around in 5 years time?'. After some research, trialing the system and speaking with them I was left very comfortable in tying our future to theirs. In just a couple of years they have developed the very best LMS for training companies on the market and it's still getting better every month. I am very confident they were the right horse to back and I'm excited about the opportunities for our company from their continuous investment in the LMS.

• Reviewed on 2013/05/20
Nathan M.
Director of Research and Development
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/19

"A Great Partner"

Comments: I would wholeheartedly recommend Learnupon as an LMS. They are a cost-effective and customer-responsive company with an excellent product.

Pros: There are two benefits to working with Learnupon. The first is the LMS itself. It is easy to use, has a number of very helpful automated features which save me time and effort, and it integrates well with my authored content. The second benefit is the Learnupon staff. They are available when needed and if there are any problems they quickly follow-up and get my problems taken care of.

Cons: One frustrating thing with any LMS is integration with authored content (e.g. storyline). With authored content sometimes you don't know why things aren't working. Early in my e-learning career, I had a lot of problems getting my authored content to work properly on Learnupon. With some help and coaching from Learnupon, I found that it was mostly the way I was building my projects and, with some restructuring, things are now working great. Learnupon has helped me work through my own learning curve.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/19
Jodi B.
Risk Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/28

"Learn Upon - Wonderful LMS and Customer Service!"

Comments: Customer Service is Awesome - we receive a prompt response to any question from our LearnUpon customer service rep and team, as well as friendly support and assistance throughout implementation of our employee training.

Pros: Our Learn Upon customer representative is fantastic, along with the entire customer service team. The LMS is extremely user friendly from the standpoint of creating courses, up-loading and customizing content. Our employee-related user issues have significantly decreased since switching to Learn Upon.

Cons: Can't really think of anything negative - any issues that are raised are immediately addressed.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/28
Ruby N.
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/12

"So happy we found LearnUpon!"

Pros: We like the clean look of the platform as well as the ability to customize many features for our clients. Our experience with LearnUpon has been great - LearnUpon is user-friendly, everyone I've interacted with on their team over the years has been very responsive and helpful, and we appreciate that they are continuously making feature updates and rolling out new options for their customers.

Cons: No real complaints but if I had to nit-pick, some of the default settings when we initially signed up limited the user experience but many of these small issues have since been updated and were a bit different from how an LMS is typically used.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/12
Senior Director Quality and Training
Translation & Localization, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/09/20

"LaernUpon - great product, excellent customer service"

Comments: In an organisation with approx. 1000 employees an LMS was an essential part of our professional development program. The implementation was simple and live within 3 days. The UI is clean, intuitive and allows both users and administrators to focus on receiving and delivering content rather than figuring out how to navigate the system.
Within the first 5 months after implementation, 76% of our global team members undertook some training within LearnUpon and reaffirmed our organisation's serious commitment to training and developing talent.

Pros: Simple, clean UI
Intuitive
Unlimited and timely customer support
Cost effective
Progressive development (takes on customer feedback to make decisions on new features)
SSO integration

Cons: One or two features which would have been useful (eg integration with webex tools) but this is now on the roadmap

• Reviewed on 2016/09/20
David E.
  • Reviewed on 2013/05/17

"Learn Upon - the best LMS for training providers"

Comments: 100% recommended. I really can't speak highly enough. For our education clients to be using this rather than their own moodle environment speaks volumes to me. Can't recommend it enough

Pros: It is designed for training providers who on-sell both training and managed services to their clients. Many of the features that make this possible are chargeable extras on most LMS platforms are free and built in on LearnUpon. Publishing courses couldn't be easier and adding documents to the course player has been more stable for us than using the functionality within Articulate. We have Universities and a Local Authority that has migrated learning over to our LearnUpon platform so and they are absolutely delighted The quality of customer support is outstanding The frequency of well thought out updates is also impressive. These guys have great vision and really savvy technical skills. The ability to add custom data fields for mass importing saves so much time as we can sync reports with our customers standard systems. I have used dozens of LMS systems and this is the best by a country mile.

Cons: None as yet I would like to see standardised API outputs and I know that this is on the development plan for 2-13

• Reviewed on 2013/05/17
Kayla C.
Talent Administrator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/25

"LMS Extraordinare!"

Comments: LearnUpon has allowed us to provide options for ILT sessions, taking administration off of the learning team to focus on strategy and design. In addition, LearnUpon puts learning in the hands of the learner!

Pros: This learning system allows for a lot of flexibility in the way it is designed. You are able to setup eLearning, webinars, videos, readings, podcasts / audio, ILT sessions and more! I think the functionality is still growing, but will be maintained in that only relevant features that we need will be added. The LearnUpon team has a great roadmap for development that clearly is based on customer needs for social learning. I think this modern LMS is a strong tool for those interested in implementing an LMS to support their learners' needs.

Cons: Although the menus are easy to get used to, it is not immediately simple to find for new users. Setting up management reporting relationships can be difficult in this system.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/25
James W.
IT Support Specalist
  • Reviewed on 2014/12/01

"LearnUpon is a great company to do business with"

Comments: LearnUpon is a great company to do business with. They are very responsive to our needs. We had an issue where we had to import several hundred questions into their LMS. They built a custom solution for us that saved us hundreds of man-hours. They also built a custom report that allowed us to import LearnUpon score data into our CRM database. The customer service is outstanding. Whenever I submitted a trouble ticket I usually had a response the same day. The people at LearnUpon made our transition to their LMS problem free.
The LearnUpon LMS is pretty robust. The biggest pro here is that it is easy to create content. Uploading pdf files, powerpoint presentations, and videos is a snap and the editor is quite powerful. You have a lot of freedom to determine how your content is presented. The only con with this LMS is the way the User Interface, UI, handles disabled features. If you don't have a feature enabled then all the functionality for that feature disappears from the UI. This simplifies the UI somewhat, but it can cause some confusion when a user wants to do something and the feature has disappeared.
As far as the overall impression of the LMS the pros far out weigh the cons. This is a very powerful, and easy to use LMS system. The people at LearnUpon have been willing to work with us to solve our urgent LMS business needs. They have been tremendous asset for us.

• Reviewed on 2014/12/01
Jess S.
Archivist
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/07

"Great way to train"

Pros: Learn Upon is a software that I would recommend for training a team of individuals in a way that is tailored to their schedules.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/07