• Overall
    4,4 /5
    4,4 /5
    4,2 /5

About Edmodo

Web-based system that provides content sharing, real-time feedback, communication tools, classroom management for education industry.

Learn more about Edmodo

Nick A.
District Staff Development Coordinator
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/09

"Good LMS to Help Manage the Classroom"

Comments: Overall, this is a good product for basic LMS needs, and worked for me in the beginning. After playing with a number of LMS apps and continuing to revamp my needs and redesign what online learning should look like, other LMS might just offer more in flexibility/features.

Pros: As is the case with most LMS apps out there, Edmodo does a nice job shifting from paper-digital, and giving students and teachers a platform to help manage and stay organized in the digital space. The fact that you can do a lot with the free platform is a big plus and educators Everything updates in real time, and is simple enough to put together your digital needs in one space.

Cons: To me, unlike some other LMS apps out there, Edmodo is limited. It doesn't have the modern or sleek look and design as others. It also doesn't have as interactive capability to embed a number of other apps/tools that teachers use daily into it. This is a must have when it comes to the digital classroom space. The more we can limit sending links and have one program integrate everything else into it, the better classroom management will be. I would also like to see some integrated features like virtual chats/video conferencing, and more enhanced lesson design features.

Lisa N.
Director of Educational Technology
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/05/05

"A great tool for distance learning and elearning"

Comments: It is very easy for teachers to share content, lessons, assignments, etc. with students and there are lots of great features for teachers to easily see and track student progress.

Pros: I am the director of educational technology at a school that recently moved to distance learning. This has been a great tool for allowing our teachers to deliver quality content over the web. There is a huge resource library with lots of great content for teachers to choose.

Cons: Right now it is free for teachers because of the COVID-19 crisis. I am unsure if we will have the budget to pay for it if it is not free next year.

• Reviewed on 2020/05/05
Teacher
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/07

"Strong Product, Struggles to Differentiate"

Pros: This is a great product that has a lot of helpful features. It is similar to facebook, so it is very easy for individuals (students and teachers) to pick up and quickly become adept with. Additionally, it is versatile enough to be used to challenge students and improve their work flow. I particularly like the ability to quickly get students the feedback they need to improve their own work habits.

Cons: It struggles to differentiate itself from other software. There are a lot of "parallel programs" out there that accomplish much of the same actions. Some of these are better integrated with other, common educational tools and do not require additional logins.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/07
Photographer
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/31

"A different Kind of LMS"

Comments: It's better to use a more commonly used UI for my LMS and as social media is just what I need Edmodo is just the right choice for me.
I am using the free plans and this is just fun. No dull UI to deal with and more enjoyable experience for my students.

Pros: I need to make a small tutorial on using photoshop and another image editing tool and found Edmodo has a lot of good reviews and feature that I need. It's free and does a very good job. Everything is cloud and does not need any effort once setup is just what I need. Sometimes training a new member is so time-consuming that I have made some basic video so I don't have to tell every, new team member, what to do.
Creating is fun and simple, even for me. I just uploaded ad that it, I found its better not to use YT. YT just have the video but I need a quiz to add so I can see they saw all the video and does not skip them.
I have also added some PSD for each class so all my member can send their own version of the edited photo and I can evaluate better.
Edmodo does not feel like LMS, it looks like more of a social media.

Cons: Well, social media is a two-way sword and sometimes I get complaints about its too easy and distractive.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/31
Sonia G.
Asistente
501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/13

"Basic for academic life, specially for eLearning"

Pros: I've been using Edmodo as a student for almost 2 years already and it's the nicest platform for keeping up with my classes. It's intuitive to use, supports all type of documents, videos and presentations. The notification system is nice to the user. The program notifies you the day before your assignments are due. Very useful if you ever forget them. Also, the program lets you save the class group even after its over (only if the teacher doesn't erase it). I wish all my teachers would use Edmodo.

Cons: Sometimes the documents throw error when opening them in the web. That is something I've been experiencing throughout these years. In those cases I had to refresh the page several times or download them before opening them. Other than that, you can't reply an image post with another image. Plus, I didn't like the last update for the phone app, but I guess it's just a matter of use. When it comes to the visual part, those bright colors aren't nice.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/13
Elsa A.
Counselor
Philanthropy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/07

"A Comfort Space to Learn and Discuss"

Pros: What I like most from Edmodo is the display and the content which easy to operate like other social media. So, whenever I come to Edmodo for my study, it feels like I learn and discuss something in a very cool space. Edmodo also understandable and efficient.

Cons: Sometimes it takes a long time to operate Edmodo and when I finished something in one page and want to go back to previous page, it turned to no connection.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/07
Manal I.
Demonstrater / Clinical Tutor
Higher Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/09

"The ideal virtual classroom tool"

Comments: Edmodo was an option we moved after trying one another LMS at my workplace. And we have been using Edmodo for like 2+ years now. Students find Edmodo very easy to use, as it is more like a social media. Would definitely keep using it.

Pros: The reason why I love Edmodo is because it includes many useful features of virtual learning system all in one application and it is absolutely free.
The students can perform multiple activities / assignments, they can keep a track of their grades, student-tutor communication is very easier on Edmodo, and the even more loving reason is students can re-watch the past classes too and a forum for all students to interact.

Cons: I am not able to see who are the students who are online. This would be an added advantage.

Profesor Universitario
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/22

"Edmodo a practical platform for teachers"

Comments: The experience I have had with Edmodo is very pleasant, since I have been able to create a learning space quickly, with varied content and in addition to organizing different courses at the same time, also being able to add by mail to all the students or by the course code. I really recommend it.

Pros: Edmodo is a web platform very easy to use, with the features of a blog, but with modules with features of an LMS, such as taking students' notes, making tests or exams, allows you to maintain a communication between students in an asicronic way and also to place or link any type of teaching material from pdf to videos from youtube

Cons: The only thing that Edmodo for being a web platform, is that it can not have some facilities to add certain modules with functionalities, which allow it to be coupled with other software. neither does it have a chat or way of communicating with students among themselves, in a synchronized way or by private message.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/22
Gerente de Contenido
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/16

"I use all the time in my psychology class at the university."

Comments: We have been able to receive distance education.

Pros: It is to easy use all the time for to communicate with my teacher and my classmates, It works like a social network.

Cons: Everyone can see the information I post and I do not like that, If I no longer belong to that group of classes, I would like the information to be reserved, but in general its to cool.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/16
Admin Assistant Aide
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/31

"Homework made easier for kids!"

Pros: Edmodo is a software that can help both students and teachers for at home works. Students' progress can now be monitored by teachers in real time. Making it easier for the teachers to work on how to help a certain student more, and for the student to learn at their own pace. And with the students seeing their current progress, they can be really motivated to work better.

Cons: The ads can be frequent and some glitches sometimes occur especially when turning in work in a place with a really low internet speed but overall it really helps both students and teachers with communication.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/31
Elementary Math TOSA
1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/18

"Facebook for Educators"

Pros: Edmodo is really a fun, interactive social media technology that makes it easy for teachers to connect with students. I like how accessible it feels, and how easy it is to post updates. We have also used Edmodo for professional development purposes, which allows us to connect with educators from other school districts.

Cons: While the pro is that Edmodo feels like Facebook, that's also a con. Several of my students need to be monitored. I ended up having to do a lot of education on etiquette for online interaction. This can be a very positive lesson for students to learn how to appropriately address academic conversations online.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/18
Hardik S.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/11

"Have an online classroom to run? Edmodo is for you"

Comments: Overall, my experience with Edmodo has been very positive. However, I believe the software has a long way to before it enters the streamline for learning management systems.

Pros: Edmodo initially may seem like Facebook repurposed for collaborative learning. The description would not be far from the truth. It serves as a forum for sharing work, asking questions to peers, and assigning tasks for students. It's also useful in managing some smaller groups.

Cons: The calendar function could be improved upon. More streamlining and thought towards UI & UX, especially in the IOS version of Edmodo would be very much appreciated.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/11
International Relations
Import & Export, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/26

"perfect platform for my classroom."

Comments: I am working with Edmodo for weekends, I have 18 students in this classroom. I am English teacher in this classrom and thanks to Edmodo I can create new group in the classroom and make them exam and quizing. it is best side of Edmodo is that you can also connect with other teachers in Edmodo in order to exchange opinions.

Pros: I like the most about Edmodo is that Edmodo can create your own classroom, it is really user friendly software any kind of children can understand the interface of Edmodo. it is so trustful program ever !

Cons: Mobile version is not really good as much as web version of Edmodo. it should be improved.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/26
Sallie D.
HR Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/04

"Useful Edmodo"

Comments: Edmodo Modern Classroom

Pros: This educational platform is a brilliant way to stay connected between students , teachers and also parents. I can monitor the activities of my children using this modern educational platform.

Cons: My children is having a hard time uploading a file or an assignment using ipad. But if they are using laptop it is very easy to upload.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/04
Desi A.
Company Owner
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/15

"College made easy."

Pros: I absolutely love Edmodo! The ability to receive assignments and updates at my convenience.

Cons: There is nothing I don't love about this software!

• Reviewed on 2019/01/15
Stephanie M.
Photographer
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/28

"Interesting tool for school purposes"

Comments: good communication with my teachers.

Pros: I like it because helped me communicated with my teacher, do homework and send files via the interface, at the same time it was just for school.

Cons: it was not friendly user, has it's tricks but overall was good, my teacher loved it and encourage us to used it.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/28
John C.
Educational/Leadership Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/10

"Great introduction tool for students to online platforms"

Pros: The program is extremely easy to use and even has a parent log-in and student log-in. Since it follows the same pattern as Facebook, many students navigate through it with ease.

Cons: It's very hard to put multiple courses and students in the software and track them, as well as their grades. Additionally, it is a little difficult for students to go find assignments they have missed, etc. We tend to use it more as a communication tool rather than a full LMS for this reason.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/10
Sam L.
Mathematics Teacher
  • Reviewed on 2016/06/01

"Good for community and network, so-so for suitability, terrible customer service"

Comments: I was the first user and the one who introduced Edmodo to our school. After one year, the entire English department uses Edmodo as a suitable LMS: it allowed all students (who had iPads) to register their own accounts and we were able to disseminate handouts, tests, and assignments quickly. A benefit was the large community of educators globally. Save for the frequent tutorial centre advertising posts, most were very helpful particularly when I stumbled on the seemingly unsolvable. However, my experience degraded when I began to see what was annoying at first but eventually became inconvenient. Inconvenience #1: Photo Replies. Students would take a photo of their question and post it (publicly or as a private message to peers/teachers). However one would not be able to reply by attaching a photo or image. As a workaround, I would need to start a new thread in order to reply with a photo. Inconvenience #2: Library Filenames. Edmodo tends to automatically edit filenames. While I appreciate having an online library for students to access, filenames would be edited: spaces became underscores, capitals became lower cases. Perhaps this was a personal inconvenience, but what do others say? Inconvenience #3: Library sorting. It would be nice to be able to sort the files alphabetically or by publishing date. So far it seems to display the files randomly. Inconvenience #4: Data permanence. Once uploaded, files are not deleted. Even if files were deleted in the library, evidence suggests they are not deleted from the Edmodo server. Occasionally I upload a file but notice an error later. Upon "deleting" the file from the library, uploading another file with the same name would see a "1" appended to the filename. These suggestions were sent to Edmodo on 22/09/2015. Since then, I have received no reply from them and have moved my students to another "LMS". One that solved inconvenience #1. This new one is more like a messaging board than an LMS, so to solve inconveniences #2-4, I reverted back to Dropbox.

• Reviewed on 2016/06/01
Social Studies/U. S. History/World Geography/World History Teacher
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/20

"Edmodo connects teachers, students and stakeholders!"

Comments: Overall, I think that it's a very effective way to connect students and teachers in a very controlled setting to ensure that students are a part of a "safe" social media setting and yet still allow for the "free flow" of information and to reap the benefits.

Pros: Edmodo is a great way to connect teachers, students and stakeholders. Teachers can control who is a participant in groups and can control the content for each group. Edmodo can be used for communication, polling, assignments/quizzes, etc. Teachers can connect with other teachers to share resources and ideas within a school, a district, a content area, etc. The platform is easy to learn and master!

Cons: I think that Edmodo has a LOT of "pros" and very few "cons." I never have quite mastered the "badges" and the "connections" were challenging at the beginning.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/20
Maribel del valle G.
Docente
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/15

"I can follow class discussions from anywhere."

Pros: Edmodo is the best application they have been able to create as a tool for teachers, it can even be used by parents, it has a space to manage messages, it has a notification button to be up to date with everyone.

Cons: It is compatible with both google and Microsoft accounts, so far I have not had anything negative with this application, I have it downloaded to my phone and it accompanies me wherever I go.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/15
Kara E.
Recruiter
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/29

"Great for teachers"

Pros: I liked using edmodo with my students when I was a third grade teacher. If I wanted to I could connect and collaborate with other teachers to learn from them. I could customize what I wanted my students to see. I was also able to use this program to connect with other students around the country to be digital pen pals. My students loved that and thought it was a lot of fun.

Cons: I thought edmodo did a great job. One feature I would add would be simple videos for students so they could learn how to log on and use edmodo. This way I don't have to create them myself.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/29
Lindolfo S.
Analista de Gestión y Panelista
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/18

"Edmodo to be in contact with my students outside the classroom."

Pros: In addition to my day job, I am a teacher in the modality of adult education (night) and I can say that this application allows me to be in constant communication with my students in a fast and efficient way, I believe group with the sections and I share files of information and I assign tasks, which I receive in this same way, being able to be up to date with my evaluations.

Cons: I consider is an application that gives any teacher a space to interact with students and colleagues, the only thing that does not allow you is to see who is available online

• Reviewed on 2018/06/18
Teacher
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/06

"The Original Digital Classroom!"

Pros: Very intuitive controls. Edmodo can allow you to set reminders, set up discussions, collect assignments. Best of all, it allows you full control throughout the process. No one is able to send messages without you seeing them!

Cons: It is in need of a facelift! For 2018, it is a little stuck in the early 2000s for total buy-in from kids. It looks a lot like early Facebook. It could use a new playful interface.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/06
Elisa sherin B.
Sales Manager
Hospitality, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/09

"New Learning Management System"

Comments: For the future Learners and Teachers.

Pros: Edmodo for me is a New Learning Management System not only for students but also for Teachers and Students. As a teachers you will also learn in your students when interacting using edmodo. In part of parents also a big lesson for them to monitor how they children interact in academics and activities.

Cons: It has a bug and slow in system for sometime but does not affect the truth that edmodo is a good learning management system.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/09
Senior Video Editor and Camera Operator
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/02

"This was cool to keep in contact with my classmates."

Pros: Was able to get assignments that I had missed if I was sick and missed class. Easier communication with lecturer, asked questions I missed in class.

Cons: Would be great if it directed students to references and books to read when it comes to specific classes.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/02