SolarWinds Service Desk Reviews

by SolarWinds ITSM

• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,7 /5

About SolarWinds Service Desk

SolarWinds Service Desk provides businesses of all sizes an easy to use and affordable ITSM solution that can easily scale with you.

Learn more about SolarWinds Service Desk

Service Desk Administrator
Warehousing, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/10

"Good Out-Of-Box product for small, scalable team"

Comments: We were attempting to solve the issue of ticket management in the IT department. While it was a great out-of-the-box solution, it didn't offer the unique scalability we needed and the customer service wasn't helpful in growing the product with our needs. However, I still believe that, for a small shop, this product offers the best value for the price and is a great entry-level solution.

Pros: I like that, out-of-the-box, Samanage offers great core functionality with a stable product that ties neatly into a beautiful UI for the end users. The UI is where Samanage really knocks it out of the park though. It's modern, simplistic, "forum" layout is attractive and intuitive, and chat indicators on the tickets feels like your moving from a traditional email reply into a IM chat.

Cons: There's a lot to be desired when it comes to the fine details of the service. There are specific customization options for project management and ticket automation that aren't available that we wanted in our shop. When we reached out to our support member to discuss a possible addition/fix. They advised us to post our suggestion on their feedback board and if it received enough votes they would implement it. The same suggestion was found submitted over a year ago on the board (with over 300+ votes) yet no action was taken. I was hoping for a more, collaborative answer, instead of posting on a forum board in hopes that other members validate my need for them to implement it.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/10
Asim M.
Service Desk Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

"Excellent ITSM tool"

Comments: Solarwind Service Desk has met all of our requirements. It is easy to use and follows ITIL best practises.

Pros: Ease of use and customisation. Customer services

Cons: Reporting is limited. Even customisation in reporting is limited

Matthaniel C.
IT Specialist
Restaurants, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/21

"Great Product for Helpdesk, Task Management and Software Inventory"

Pros: This solution is great for tracking incidents, solutions, problems, etc for company IT departments. It provides an easy to use interface that allows for easy creation of FAQs and a Solutions Database.

Cons: There are some things bulk items that cannot be imported without the use of the API, which is a tiny bit annoying, and some of their python and Ruby API sample code is out of date or no longer maintained.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/21
Brett H.
System Engineer
Retail, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/01

"Great Cloud Service with Many Features, Expensive for the Full Version"

Comments: Incident, problem, and change management are all extremely easy to set up and begin using due to the cloud-hosted nature of the product. As it is fully web-based, low-level training is not required for techs or users.

Pros: Easy to deploy as it is a cloud-based system. Initial setup requires low effort and detail. Branding is easy to apply, functionality is easy to test out of the gate.

Cons: Information on asset discovery, connections, and scanners feels lacking. Connecting to SCCM via the database has very little information, and after a month of attempts, it is not functional. Support has been a bit slow on response when inquiring regarding this issue, even after purchase.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/01
Jada M.
Systems Analyst
Construction, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/19

"A Great product with even greater potential"

Comments: Overall, we have had a generally positive experience with Service Desk, we would just like to see them mature out more of their features

Pros: A few of the things that I like most about Service Desk is the ease of learning to use it. I was able to go from one ticket management system to this one in a single day of training and have had almost no issues in terms of knowledge gaps. Their customer support is top tier and their change management workflow is one of the best I've seen.

Cons: Reporting. By that I mean the lack of reports and reporting tools. It would be nice to be able to build out our own or create our own reports. A BI tool in this application would really put it over the top.

Jay T.
Mgr. Application Development
Higher Education, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/06

"Tremendous product that drives efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction"

Comments: I've had a great experience with SW SD. As a developer the ability to create workflows and use the API has made this tool indispensable. It is also extremely helpful when trying to track down a problem that may have occurred in the past or is similar to something we're currently dealing with.

Pros: I like the easy-to-use interface, the communication history that allows us to keep track of end user needs and concerns, and the API (personally that's my favorite).

Cons: I have very few complaints. I wish the list of "filters" wouldn't show the most commonly used at the top or would at least leave those items that are commonly used also further down in the list. I feel like I'm always searching for the items I want in the list because they're not in the same place if I recently used them! Outside of that I wish there was a ticket prioritization feature (or even project management-related features).

• Reviewed on 2019/12/06
Jeremy J.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2016/04/07

"Samanage simplified and expanded the feature set of our current Incident Management System"

Comments: Samanage helped simplify our incident management, expand our feature set and ultimately helped us increase the capabilities of our customer support and information management on the support side. We were really impressed with the import capabilities and admin capabilities provided right out of the gate. We were also impressed with the flexibility of the licensing and the willingness to help package exactly what we needed for our solution. One feature we have greatly benefited from is the Contract Management which helps us track the different contracts we hold with customers. The Service Requests have also helped guide users into providing information for their requests, making our job easier when trying to facilitate the requests and needing certain information to do so. We were not impressed with the limited capabilities of the Solutions portion of the application and this carries over to the Help Desk Portal which has no current way of organizing Solutions based on the customer or "Site", category, or any such other filters. There is only the option of displaying the solution Internally, which is good because in that view, we can create filters to organize and make sense out of the hundreds of Solutions we have created. But, we really wanted to improve the self help capabilities of the help desk portal we are provided but with the current way Solutions are shown on the portal, we can not use this feature to show customers common solutions to their problems. Overall, Samanage has been a great asset to our support team but we are hoping to see some improvements this year when it comes to permissions for viewing Solutions and also organizing solutions on the Help Desk Portal in a manner similar to how the Service Requests are displayed. I should note that since this is a SaaS solution, we instantly see improvements and features being added and the community.samanage.com site is very active. Lastly, I want to praise Samanage's help desk and engineering team which has been spot on with their support and solution delivery. We have helped to find a number of bugs and problems throughout our use and usually we will see these problems resolved within a week or less which is incredible turn around time for fixing minor issues in a software solution if you look at other companies and traditional on premise software.

• Reviewed on 2016/04/07
Omer K.
SAP Administrator
Building Materials, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/23

"Great Help Desk Solution"

Comments: As a member of IT in a hearth company, it is very important that I serve my internal customers in a timely manner and resolve any issues that they are having and Samanage has helped me do that due to their helpdesk solution. It offers great customization in what information I see on the helpdesk page and and thus I am able to prioritize tasks according to severity. I also like the report statistics and able to view my performance over a period of time. This helps improve on service quality. Samanage support is very helpful and give an extremely fast response and are always very courteous

Pros: Customizable and clutter free helpdesk
Customizable Reports
Outstanding Support
Supportive Community

Cons: I dont have any particular weakness in order. As I have used it throughout the years I have become appreciative of how the interface is designed. Its clutter free and lets me do my work

• Reviewed on 2017/03/23
Hung P.
IT Officer
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/10

"Easy to work with, easy to integration but need more thing for workflow"

Comments: We using Samanage for service desk and inventory, from 2015, we were like the first customer, we give a lot of ideas for them to improve the product. We now using Samanage for IT, Operation and HR department, for the next time we may offer to another department like Business Office. We have the plan to do some application using Samanage API for improve reporting.

Pros: API very good, can do anything with API. We also create some own application to work with the ticket, other assets by API.

Cons: Workflow part need improve more, like we need input step, Samanage should compare with other software for workflow like Kissflow, also, user interface not very friendly for the user.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/10
Danielle A.
IT Service Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/05

"Wonderful Product"

Comments: The service desk has changed the IT department in a good way. We are not duplicating work (as much), we are held accountable for the things we are doing, and we are able to see if there are reoccurring issues withing the agency to know that it may be a bigger problem than one isolated incident.

Pros: That it allows for customization, and it keeps everyone on the team in the loop with how issues are handled. It also allows everyone on the team to see if another team member may need help with one of the issues that they are working on.

Cons: I haven't really found anything to complain about yet... every time there is an issue the customer service people are spot on to help resolve whatever I have found.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/05
Brad M.
Business Systems Analyst II
Publishing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/09

"Better than other products but needs some TLC"

Pros: The biggest advantage my team has with Samanage is that you can create solutions for common issues, that you can easily attach to a ticket and not have to re-type the solution over and over again. Other then that ticketing system is fine, does what we need it to but reporting could use some enhancements.

Cons: Would like a more in depth reporting mechanism, could be that my company doesn't use the tool to the best of it's ability but there needs more vision on software/hardware we have.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/09
Business Analyst
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/08

"easy to use for incident tracking"

Comments: we wanted a more user friendly and simpler approach for our internal users and IT staff and this was a great tool. Super easy to use in comparison to other similar software I have used

Pros: I used this at work mainly as a service desk tool for our internal users. I found this super easy to use, and manage my open incident tickets. I like the interface its fairly intuitive. I particularly like the customizable dashboard view and the colour coding of statuses so its easy to see which tickets are open or need urgent attention.

Cons: the costs of adding extra administrators so we were limited.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/08
Jason L.
IT Service Desk Support
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/22

"User Friendly"

Comments: Easy to upload a Solution Article and based on the employees that are using this on our company it's very interactive because all of the information is already displayed on the interface.

Pros: First of all, I really like the GUI of this Ticketing Tool compared to my previous ticketing system we are handling which is Service Now. This is very easy to use and all of the information is very efficient to find

Cons: The Chat response from an agent on Solarwinds takes time to respond. If there's an outage the email delivery is slightly delayed for the announcement

• Reviewed on 2020/10/22
Christian D.
IT Service Desk
Information Technology & Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"The Best so far"

Comments: I've been using different ticketing systems from my past employments and in my current company. This is the best so far, the interface is very user friendly.

Pros: Real-time, User Friendly. The social media vibe using the comment section and notification for communication makes it a lot easier to communicate and document the case.

Cons: Auto Refresh, it will help a lot. we are using 3rd party for the autorefresh. Yes, there's a notification that there's a new ticket but we still have to refresh in order to see it.

Robert W.
Director of IT
Computer Hardware, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/02

"Samanage has been everything we had hoped for and more."

Comments: We now know how our IT department's time is spent, who are the users who need more help etc.

Pros: I like the ease of use and how quickly we were up and running with Samanage. The implementation was virtually painless and went very quickly.

Cons: The only thing I have a problem with, and I hope they correct it soon, is that it will not pull the Microsoft Office Licenses.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/02
Chad B.
  • Reviewed on 2014/12/08

"Ease of Setup, Configuration, Use, Modification, and Deployment"

Pros: Samanage has not only been painless, but it's actually enjoyable to configure and deploy for our Enterprise. The staff at Samanage is quick to respond to issues or questions and went the extra mile to provide multiple demos for our organization to maximize its exposure and approval to purchase. We have found the community engaging, intelligent, and helpful. Many of our situations have been rapidly addressed with helpful advice or probed deeper to determine possible features for the product.

Cons: The product is still developing, so while there are no failings, there are some areas where it can be expanded to allow more in-depth reporting and issue routing. The application is very robust in dealing with incidents, but could use some of the incident features expanded into other modules.

• Reviewed on 2014/12/08
Gene P.
Financial Advisor
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/02

"Very helpful tool"

Comments: Very pleasant experience!
Samanage has been delivering everything as promised. Great value for the money!

Pros: The program expedites the process, makes it smooth and efficient. Really great value for the money

Cons: Truly pleased with all the aspects , can not think of any negative experience

• Reviewed on 2019/02/02
Dean H.
IT Service Delivery Manager
Wholesale, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Survey"

Comments: I am hopeful that the team will be able to develop some reporting through BI or more customization comes available.

Pros: I have only been in the role for a month. Not sure yet.

Cons: I would have liked to see more out of the box customization. Portal lacks customization. Reporting lacks customization. I wish the inventory tool was more customizable.

Tim M.
Systems Administrator
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/17

"Cost per year better than most"

Comments: Running this for 5 and a half years now at roughly 30k tickets per year currently. It's been largely stable, but of course a few bumps along the road. The biggest complaint I get is that there's no mobile app, or a limited use one at best. That said, the web UI on mobile is mostly friendly.

Pros: The pricing tier after the initial purchase is fair. Client UI is actually really great, unless you're a Client Admin on v.12.7.2. Reporting works, so long as you're ok with slightly off numbers.

Cons: Reporting doesn't report accurately compared to a custom query, which is odd. A two week report has one total, but running the weeks individually returns a different total, which is really weird. Unable to route tickets to a Tech Group based on Request Type, it's stuck to one group. This makes ticket flow a little difficult to work with.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/17
Shuabe A.
Senior Technical Support Analyst
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/13

"Best ticketing software"

Comments: Efficient and ease of use. Documenting tickets couldn't be easier with this tool.

Pros: I really like this tool for ticketing, documenting and project tasking. Very clear and precise.

Cons: Not much, this is a very clean ticketing system that doesn't overload things.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/13
Christy S.
ERP System Administrator
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/24

"Easy to use for tech support"

Pros: The time to learn this software is minimal. Most slightly savvy users can pick it up with very little training. I like the way the "comments" kind of feel like social media posts.

Cons: It's almost too geared towards being user friendly. For a more advanced user (we use this as our IT help desk system) the interface almost feels a little too elementary. I would like more complex filtering and ability to customize more fields and functions.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/24
Danielle H.
Marketing Associate
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/04

"Making life much easier!"

Comments: We worked with Samanage to create a work order platform for our marketing department. They were easy to work with and helped to customize everything to our needs. This platform revolutionized the way we manage work orders for all sorts of marketing collateral requests and has made our lives a whole lot easier!

Pros: easy to implement and great support staff

Cons: Some of the nomenclature doesn't make sense with what we do such as the term "incident" for a new work order, but since it is internal we don't mind too much.

• Reviewed on 2016/10/04
Lisa V.
Assistant Director of Technology
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/21

"Excellent Customer Service and Expertise"

Comments: Each individual on Team Samange has provided extraordinary customer service during our implementation of Samanage. The expertise of each account rep and technician has been, by far, some of the best we've experienced. Team Samange knows their stuff!

Pros: The variety of uses for this software is relatively unlimited!

Cons: The fact that there is no way to upload a Google Drive document directly to a work ticket from within our network.

• Reviewed on 2017/03/21
Andrew C.
Assistant Vice President - Information Technology Systems
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/23

"Powerful, complex system"

Comments: We utilize this as our master repository for IT Operations.

Pros: Integrated service desk, issue tracking, inventory (software and hardware) management, and change management.

Cons: It's pretty complex. I would really like to see better end-user / admin training available to fully capitalize on all the features.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/23
Sam M.
IT Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2016/07/28

"Great out-of-the-box solution that is also highly customizable"

Pros: We enjoyed how Samanage was ready to go out-of-the-box but also offers advanced features and is highly customizable. The service portal can easily be branded, without wasting hours.

Cons: I like most things about Samanage, an in-house LDAP connector would be excellent, but the company has found ways around this by utilizing third party companies. While I wish it was a direct connector, their solution still works well.

• Reviewed on 2016/07/28