• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,7 /5
    4,6 /5

About BugHerd

BugHerd - Visual Feedback Tool.
Like Sticky Notes On A Website.
The world's best bug tracker, just point and click. Free Trial.

Learn more about BugHerd

Dealdiane D.
Mr
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/05

"Great for client and QA collaboration"

Pros: This is a great tool for when you want clients and quality assurance testers to be able to mark items that needs attention.

Cons: Needs more (built-in) integration with major bug tracking softwares. Marker can sometimes point to a wrong location but screenshots can also be taken when creating an issue as a solution to that

• Reviewed on 2018/05/05
Elizabeth M.
Project manager
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/06

"I love bugherd!"

Pros: very easy to use, easy to report issues and sort them. usefull to have context for the issues.

Cons: I have nothing to report about the cons.

by Splitrock Studio on 2020/10/15

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for such a wonderful review! It's so great to hear that BugHerd is making you and your team's work easier.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/06
Todd K.
Content Director
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/15

"A Real Game Changer for Web Dev"

Comments: Clients have really leaned into this platform. The level of transparency it provides is a big deal for them and allows us to work alongside them rather than play the interpretation game. I'd suggest it to any team that handles large website builds or even simple landing page designs.

Pros: BugHerd has been a pretty big game changer when it comes to my team's web development capabilities. While we used to have to add significant notes to PDFs and emails to send to the client (and vice versa), now we can tackle changes and feedback right at the source. The tool is fairly simple to use and makes it easy for our clients to give us their thoughts, which has made our timelines shorter and deliverables easier to fulfill.

Cons: Since BugHerd is still being refined and updated pretty frequently, there are the occasional hiccups. It still has some quirks with multiple website testing instances that tend to cross some wires in the feedback. The ability to add a voice recording or brief screen recording to really lock down feedback would be great. When working with a team in a different area, adding bugs to your site can be interpreted a million different ways, so an easier way to provide specific info would be the next evolution of BugHerd.

by Splitrock Studio on 2020/02/17

Hi Todd, What an awesome and thorough review! Thank you so much. How cool is your idea of a voice recording? We'll look into it. Thanks again. The BugHerd Team.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/15
Gary S.
PHP Developer
Program Development, Self Employed

"Essential Tool"

Pros: Integration was very easy and it's easy for my clients to use. We use Bugherd for all bug reporting and most feature requests.

Cons: I can't think of anything that could be improved.

by Splitrock Studio on 2020/04/24

Hi Gary, wow thank you for a 10/10 review! We couldn't be happier to hear you can't think of any improvements.

However, we will continue to make updates that ensure your workflow for bug tracking and collecting client feedback becomes easier and easier! Thanks again.

Jo ann D.
Project Coordinator

"Improves efficiency"

Comments: Great

Pros: Improves efficiency and productivity. Keeps everyone on track.

Cons: Limited integration. I wish there's trello integration. :)

by Splitrock Studio on 2020/05/11

Thank you so much for a 10/10 review Jo Ann! We really appreciate you taking the time and love hearing that BugHerd improves the efficiency and productivity of your team. We'll certainly take your integration feedback on board, stay tuned for our regular product updates.

Director of information Technology
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/04

"Amazing feedback tool"

Comments: We used Bugherd on two different website launches, one of which was a web application which required a lot of testing before going live. The use of Bugherd easily cut a few weeks off of our projects by streamlining the feedback/bug reporting features.

Pros: The simplicity of installation and then the ability to direct users to simply click on a feedback tab on our website was awesome. Users were able to submit feedback simply, power users with the browser extension could submit more informative feedback with screenshots, and the kanban style board for managing feedback was SO helpful for prioritizing and tracking bugs and issues.

Cons: As far as I am concerned it is perfect in every way. There is not much more one can ask for when using a tool that only requires a simple snippet of code to change the way your users provide feedback.

by Splitrock Studio on 2019/12/16

Practically perfect in every way? Wow! What an awesome review. Thank you so much, we are so pleased that our tool makes getting actionable feedback easy for you and your clients!

• Reviewed on 2019/12/04
Reyniel C.
Graphic Designer

"Useful? YES!"

Comments: This helps us a lot to fix web issues and responsive problems that are key points on our work.

Pros: The easier way to manage issues is a big thing that I love.

Cons: I think I don't have anything to say on this, I'm very happy with the product.

by Macropod Software on 2019/08/14

We love that you're loving BugHerd Reyniel and that we are able to help you with your issue management! Thank you so much for the 5-stars and for being an awesome BugHerd customer.

Mark B.
Developer
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/07

"A no-brainer purchase for any agency or development team"

Comments: A pleasure to use. Easy to install and use and it makes QA testing a delight.

Pros: It removes any ambiguity about bugs and feature requests. Being able to annotate a comment directly on a live / staging website, is a huge perk and something that I now cannot live without.

Cons: The lack of customizable columns in their kanban-style layout is a pity. Not a deal breaker, but our agency workflow does not follow a 'backlog', 'doing', 'done', 'closed' workflow and we end up having to have internal discussions about what 'backlog' actually represents in our own workflow. Would be great to rename these columns and have more/less of them.

by Splitrock Studio on 2020/02/14

Thank you so much for your fantastic review Mark! Your feedback is how we continue to improve. You'll be pleased to hear that custom columns are on their way, stay tuned!

• Reviewed on 2020/02/07
Christian T.
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/24

"Simplify issues management and communications"

Comments: Bugherd is used with all our clients and the feedback has been great. Its easy for them to see comments on tasks they have reported and for us to see how work is progressing. We use it extensively on the build of new websites.

Pros: I love how easy it is for clients to create tickets and for us to manage them. The simple interface is easy to use and incredibly powerful. Being able to visually see tickets on the web page, make discussions easier, and tracking issues easy.

Cons: It would be great to be able to add new columns. However this is a small issue.

by Splitrock Studio on 2020/04/29

Wow what a great review! Thank you Christian, we really appreciate you taking the time to outline what you love about the product. We will continue to do our very best to make collecting client feedback and tracking bugs so much easier.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/24
Chris S.
CEO and Creative Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

"Our clients LOVE it"

Pros: To us, the client experience reigns supreme. Also, we hated getting two mile long emails with website edits. With BugHerd, our website review process and ongoing support has become incredibly efficient. Our clients love knowing they can add a note to their website to get our eyes on it, and we MUCH prefer having a list of easy to understand BH notes to deal with instead of trying to interpret email chains!

Cons: BugHerd keep improving - so I have nothing negative to say. All the main features I could ask for already exist, and they have made major improvements to their interface and client side implementation process.

by Splitrock Studio on 2020/04/29

Thank you for such a detailed and fantastic review Chris. We are so pleased to be able to help reduce those mile-long client feedback emails! We will strive to continue improving the product to make your workflow even more efficient.

Denitsa G.
Digital Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/29

"Great tool for small and medium-sized businesses"

Comments: I've been using this tool for over 1.5 years and I love it. It helps keep up with our QA process and keeps track of all the bug reports. It has easy to use comment area where people can ask for clarification on each task/bug and it also automatically tracks all the nesessary technical details (screen resolution, operating system etc) when you report a bug, which a developer would need. I've used other alternatives such as Zendesk (which is also a great tool) however for smaller teams, I find BugHerd to be a great solution.

Pros: BugHerd is very easy to use. I haven't run into a case where someone (neither a client or a developer) has difficulties hitting the ground running with it.

Cons: The email notifications can be a much. There is an option to modify that in the settings of course, however I find clients don't typically dive into those.

by Splitrock Studio on 2020/10/15

Hey Denitsa, wow your 10/10 review means a lot to us! We're so glad that BugHerd has been so helpful for you, and your feedback is being passed on to our team as we do our best to make BugHerd even better.

Lee G.
Owner/Founder
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/23

"Best tool for web design"

Comments: I have been using BugHerd for many years and it is simply the best. All of my clients love it and it has simplified the website review process so much. I don't know what I would do without this tool. It is amazing.

Pros: Easy of use and ability to tag the specific spot that needs correcting on websites.

Cons: Sometimes the email notifications don't notify you of new bugs on the site.

by Splitrock Studio on 2020/04/29

Thank you for such a detailed and 10/10 review Lee! We appreciate you taking the time our of your day to give us such excellent feedback.

Director & Developer
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/11

"Fast bug tracking for bulk bugs, with slow development of new features"

Comments: I've been using BugHerd for around 3 years now on large scale web projects, often with 500-2000 bugs reported throughout the project life. I've recently tested all of the key bug tracking tools available for website development, and BugHerd is hands down, still the fastest and most useful tool for bug reporting with a useful user area for bug management. The tool could be so much better though if the dev team behind it invested some more time and resources to make bulk bug management and integrations better.

Pros: Fast bug reporting with easy to set tags, users and descriptions. Easy to filter user area with kanban columns, search and the ability to go click on a bug and be anchored to a pin in the bugs location on your website. No need to install code for each website you test.

Cons: The development team is very slow to update and make changes to BugHerd. BugHerd is lacking bulk select features, and their connections to third party tools with better backend management aren't up to scratch.

by Splitrock Studio on 2019/12/16

Thank you for your fabulous review. We're glad to hear you're still a fan of the product. Rest assured we are working on some fantastic new updates that you'll definitely appreciate in 2020.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/11
Phillip Q.
Web Developer
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/13

"Nice UI. Not compatible with responsive websites, however"

Comments: Easy for the client to log bugs and to view details about the bug without having to go back to the client to ask more questions and it automatically takes a screenshot from the client's computer when logging the bug.

Pros: I like the nicely designed UI which allows you to use drag and drop mouse movements to move jobs from in progress to completed etc.
I like how you can comment on items and how the client can respond. You can see the client's browser, OS and screen size automatically so you don't need to ask the client themselves!

Cons: When the client logs a bug in a responsive view and you load the bug task in a full desktop view, hidden mobile elements that aren't available in the desktop view are also hidden. It's not easy to know they are talking about the mobile view without manually checking the screen resolution every time you view a new bug.
The extra client details are only accessible if the client installs the BugHerd browser plugin.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/13
Ashley R.
Associate Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/27

"I LOVE this platform - it is invaluable"

Comments: We work on complex websites at my company and the feedback process prior to Bugherd was rough. Bugherd provides one centralized place for team members and clients to document all feedback, to ask questions, track status of change requests. It is great!

Pros: Everything. But to pick just one - the browser extension captures a screen shot of the exact place you want to document a change for.

Cons: I really can't come up with anything because I really do love this platform. I have nothing to complain about.

by Splitrock Studio on 2020/04/03

Wowee! What fabulous feedback Ashley. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you love our product. We're excited to keep up the work to ensure it continues to be your favourite tool for collecting client feedback and tracking bugs.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/27
Ricky J.
Full Stack Developer
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/22

"I don't remember how I did this without BugHerd"

Comments: Now that I've used BugHerd, I don't think there's any going back. It's incredibly simple and effective.

Pros: I love how simple it is to add the tag to a development site and send this to an account manager or client and collaborate with them in real time.

Cons: I didn't like that the columns in the "kanban board" view were fixed, but they've since changed that and I don't have a single complaint about the product.

by Splitrock Studio on 2020/04/28

Hi Ricky, wow a 10/10 review really means a lot to us! Thank you so much, we are so glad you hear you've been enjoying the updates to our product.

Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/16

"Fantastic QA reporting and tracking tool!"

Pros: There are many great things about Bugherd!
- Ticket QA items directly in the browser while view the application in question
- Tickets automatically populate reproduction environments and provide screenshots
- Tickets are automatically sorted into a board, where users can begin working on them

Cons: - There is no way to limit visibility of bugherd for certain users (i.e. if you want to add a client, they will see everything).
- Integrating bugherd with other project management tools would be extremely valuable.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/16
Genevieve M.
Operations and Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/14

"Great Project Management Tool!"

Comments: Bugherd ensures that there is little to no miscommunication on task changes or issues. It's an easy to use tool that can be picked up and understood by almost anyone.

Pros: Easily review projects with internal teams as well as clients The front end application of a point and click directly onto the issue or change makes it easy to follow and track. The back end Kanban can be easily manipulated to show important tasks and order tasks in priorities.

Cons: It can be a bit buggy on the front end of the software, with task notifications dropping off or shifting positions.

by Splitrock Studio on 2021/01/10

Huge thank you for the review Genevieve. We're happy to hear that BugHerd has eased your feedback process internally and externally. We have passed on your feedback to the dev team in regards to the notifications, thank you so much for flagging it. We are always on the lookout for ways to improve the product so your review has been extremely helpful.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/14
Kendyl M.
Senior Designer

"Bugherd is awesome!"

Pros: We love that we can work with our clients outside of email to solve problems efficiently. It helps us get on the same page with our product developments.

Cons: That I can't use it for more static design things like print/branding/etc.

by Splitrock Studio on 2020/10/15

Hey Kendyl thank you so much for the wonderful review, we are so glad you hear you've been enjoying using the product with your clients. Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to improve BugHerd.

Timothy M.
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/11

"Great tool for website design and modifications"

Comments: I used this tool with a website design team - the entire project was completed remotely. BugHerd allowed us to bypass the need for email and lengthy explanations of changes that I wanted to see while in the design process. Instead, I could click on the exact thing I wanted changed and add commentary to that piece. It also served to manage tasks. As the team made the changes, they could check them off. If they were unclear, they could message with me on that task to gain clarity. Overall, this was a great, simple, powerful tool that streamlined providing feedback to my web design team.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/11
Chuck S.
Visual Design lead
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/11

"Wonderful product that does exactly what is says it does."

Comments: Wonderful product, at a great price does exactly what is says it does. Loved the easy to use Kanban. One of the best products we have used.

Pros: Simple to deploy, simple to use. Even the technically unskilled were able to note issues that needed attention. We used BugHerd to successfully maintain a 600 plus page website through two CMS changes, and it worked flawlessly.

Cons: A bit difficult to note changes on mobile, but it seems like that has been addressed now.

by Splitrock Studio on 2020/06/16

Thanks for the glowing review, Chuck. You've definitely put it through its paces with two CMS changes for a 600+ page website! Glad the mobile tweaking has been useful for you too.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/11
Stacie A.
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/12

"Great tool for collecting feedback"

Comments: We use Bugherd during the QA process of our Shopify website design/dev projects. We invite our clients to submit their feedback and we also use it internally to communicate development requirements.

Pros: Finally a tool to track feedback accurately for web development! A fantastic way to pinpoint your feedback and collaborate on a solution.

Cons: Guest access is limited in providing exposure to overall project status which causes extra work to generate reports to communicate project progression.

by Macropod Software on 2019/08/14

Thank you for leaving a review Stacie, we appreciate your feedback and have made sure to pass that onto our dev team. Cheers for being an awesome BugHerd customer.