15 years helping South African businesses

About Miro

The #1 visual workspace for innovation that enables distributed teams of any size to dream, design, and build the future together.

Learn more about Miro

Pros:

In addition, I like the integration with Microsoft Teams as an additional way to collaborate.

Cons:

Sometimes I get lost with the layers or locking content. I feel that this feature could be set differently.

Miro ratings

4.5
4.3
4.6
4.4

8.8/10

Miro has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 1,542 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Miro before?

Filter reviews (1,542)

Director, Customer Technology in US
Hospitality, 501–1,000 Employees

Miro is the dream product for remote teams!

Comments: I love Miro, it’s helped me organize my own thoughts and ideas, and collaborate with people in any location and at any time (or asynchronously). It’s just Ana amazing repository, and a really flexible tool that provides all sorts of solutions.

Pros:

Miro is the digital whiteboard I spent 20 years to see, and it’s almost as awesome as I always hoped. Being able to quickly and easily collect all sorts of materials, designs, references, links, diagrams, etc, and have a permanent, shareable repository is HUGE for teams.

Cons:

I understand pricing st a basic level, where it’s basically just myself and a few reviewers, but I don’t understand how to scale it where large numbers of people are creating within it, and it seems like that would get expensive quickly.

Stephanie
Stephanie
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

My experience using Miro as a creative tool

Comments: In general, I have had nothing but good things to say about Miro. It has greatly enhanced our team's ability to work together, encouraging more innovative thinking and better communication. Adaptability to different frameworks and templates meets the needs of a wide range of projects, from user story mapping to sprint planning.

Pros:

I think Miro's endless canvas is its strongest suit because it allows users to quickly and easily turn their thoughts into eye-catching visuals. The canvas is an enormous creative playground that may accommodate endless brainstorming sessions, mind mapping, and team projects.

Cons:

The learning curve for Miro's more advanced capabilities can be steep, but the app is a powerhouse for visual collaboration. You might need to go a little deeper to comprehend some of the more complex features, particularly if you're working with complicated processes or connectors.

Lucien
VP of GTM in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Miro is the operating system for a creative distributed team

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Miro fast become our essential collaboration tool to maintain creativity and innovation as we scaled across the world with people in over 20 countries.

Pros:

Miro is a fantastic tool with numerous use cases for a global distributed team who is focused on staying connected. Without Miro, we do our entire OKR planning cycle which is complex processed orientated. After using many tools, Miro was the tool that our team used and validated. We use Miro for BPM across the business and we also use the collaborative power of Miro for creative brainstorming, giving our team a voice and satisfying that creative need across the business. The Miro community templates are also a massive value add giving inspiration and ideas on how to tackle a process design.

Cons:

The only con for Miro is sometimes the time it takes to build maps if you are building yourself. With mind meister, you could use shift and it would automatically create more spaces in the mind map which really helps when you are brainstorming with ideas coming freely. With Miro, sometimes it takes time to build the actual map and this can prohibit the quality of brainstorming.

Financial Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Growth, VC funding & re-branding cause my love affair with Miro (Realtimeboard) to end

Comments: I had an initial love affair with Realtimeboard and had a subscription since 2016/17. Growth and then VC funding last year together with the re-branding debacle are forcing me to re-think that love. It's been unrequited for the last while. :-( NPS scores

Pros:

Easy to use, excellent real-time capabilities

Cons:

Poor customer support & dishonesty. The change to Miro saw them stiff paid Premium users of Realtimeboard and not honour the remainder of their subscriptions Slow pace of feature development No offline capabilities

Yael
freelance English teacher in Andorra
E-Learning, Self Employed

An excellent tool for remote teaching

5.0 last month New

Pros:

It's intuitive for me and my students, and I have many options that enable creative work.

Cons:

Some features of the board may disappear for no apparent reason. The price per user is a bit to high.

Jason
Owner in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Great Project Planning Tool

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: 10 out of 10. I will be purchasing Miro when my trial runs out.

Pros:

If you don’t mind spending some time setting up your story board or road map, Miro gives users a ton of options.

Cons:

It was difficult to get started but once I got the hang of it it was totally worth the time.

Julijana
Head of Central Operations in Portugal
Staffing & Recruiting, 11–50 Employees

Great visualization tool

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Myself and the team really liked how we can put our abstract ideas into a visual. We used it mostly to brainstorm on cross collaborative and multi-stakeholder processes.

Cons:

Nothing that bothered us, the features and the templates were great

Friederike
Educational Therapist in Germany
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Miro for online teaching

5.0 last month New

Comments: I switched from Google's jamboard, they recommended Miro, and I'm very pleased so far, it offers much more than jamboard!

Pros:

Miro is a very versatile tool, which let's me develop graphics, take notes, work together with my student in real time etc. It's great for online lessons!

Cons:

I needen a moment, to get an overview of all the features. Not everything was completely intuitive, but if you take the time to explore, you'll get the hang of it!

Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

Awesome for workshops/ collaboration use cases

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: This is a great tool for workshops (hybrid or fully remote) or brainstorming session types. It is simple to utilize, no training is required to participate, and there are also nice host-related tools (for example the popping up time keeper counter, the "pre-defined templates, etc)

Pros:

No training is required. Defacto intuitive for new joiners. Scalability (you can start from 1 board, and then create many more). Very easy to collaborate/ brainstorm via post-its, comments. Templates are also great for hosts/ moderators (this makes workshops pre-work simpler and more efficient)

Cons:

Complex to manage licenses at the corporate level. You may end up letting business users buy 'on their own' whenever necessary. A bit complex as well to manage access to participants.

Music, 11–50 Employees

Great tool for team collaboration

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It is a great tool for brainstorming ideas and getting everyone from the team to pitch in. You can also easily hold votes to gauge the team's opinion on any matters. We use it a lot for creative brainstorming.

Cons:

It has so many functionalities that it can feel a bit cumbersome and hard to use at times, specially for older team members.

Veljko
Lead Engineer in Serbia
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Quick collaboration with real update-as-you-type across the board, perfect for collecting thoughts

Comments: We've been using Miro for months now for team retrospectives, collecting notes on past releases, gathering ideas for improvements etc. So far, we haven't had any experiences where we were left with feeling that something was lacking. The whole team is very satisfied with this product.

Pros:

It's great when your team is out of reach and you need to gather some ideas. It works even better than the physical presence of people, because it forces them to put it in a note - you can organize notes, transform them etc. Also, you can even see where everybody's mouse cursor is, which, even though isn't required, gives you a nice feeling of collaboration (imagine 10 cursors flying around, doing stuff... it just feels powerful and stimulating). Of course, you can turn it off if you'd like to. The collaboration board is 'near-infinite', offers many types of objects (stickies being most popular, but also tasks, lanes, images etc). There's meeting agenda, todo list, and other stuff you might need from an online meeting tool. Paid version also gives you an option to use active elements, like voting, countdown timer etc. Very cool.

Cons:

The history of changes isn't that easy to track - who did what and when, who's put this element? when? what was added by John? etc. What this tool doesn't offer is an actual meeting (call/video) - for that, you'd have to use other means to connect.

Satya
Senior FullStack Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Best collaboration tool

Comments: Overall experience is great. Even if during this pandemic situation we used this a lot for any kind of discussions or any kind of meetings to clarify the stuff. This is the best tool for IT , Project management as well as Leadership.

Pros:

Any Graph or flow chart or anything we wanted to discuss in the team for that Miro board is the best tool. Good for retrospective meetings and share the views with the limited time duration because it has a timer feature that is great. Great inbuild templates available for any kind of flow chart or creating diagram. Great export methods of the dashboards which can be easily shared between the Team. Great feature of Kanban creation. Overall the best tool for collaboration between the team.

Cons:

Sometimes while giving tag to the component on the dashboard the name giving feature is not showing up. We need to click so mane times to come up. Limited shapes are available for Diagram. Standardized UML shapes are not available.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Founder in Netherlands
Research, Self Employed

Visual thinking board

Comments: I'm a visual thinker, and I couldn't function without a tool like this. I've tried them all and keep coming back to Miro.

Pros:

It has all the flexibility I need to lay out my ideas, and progressively develop them. Plus, the community templates are amazingly useful and new contributions keep coming.

Cons:

I am sometimes disappointed or unimpressed by the visual aesthetic aspect, but this is a very light annoyance.

Melissa
Melissa
Game Developer in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

I love how simple it is to onboard my co-workers

Comments: From brainstorming to final delivery, Miro has been a great resource for me. The user-friendly design makes this program a breeze to operate. Also, Miro includes a ready-to-use template. Try out as many templates as you can find that are appropriate for your project. It was a breeze to work from home using this app. Integrates well with Jira's templates.

Pros:

It's extremely visually appealing! I mostly utilize it to communicate work processes to newly hired employees. It's a terrific approach to show off our tracks and systems without having to go into great depth about how and why they work. Finally, I'll be able to provide an excellent summary that our team may go to for future reference.

Cons:

It's more difficult to keep track of and prevent people from making modifications in the incorrect places while working with large teams. It's a little clumsy, and there are a few things that might need more explanation, but once you get the idea of it, it's not too tough.

Parth
Web Developer in India
Staffing & Recruiting, 11–50 Employees

Miro helping to increase productivity and efficiency

Comments: It's a fantastic platform for collaboration amongst many stakeholders, including UX, POs, and many more. It has been tremendously helpful to be able to naturally depict thoughts and concepts and to utilise Miro as a whiteboard for several reasons. Our project management procedures have been made more efficient and streamlined. The collaborative capabilities offered by MIRO, however, allow people of diverse backgrounds to contribute ideas without necessarily speaking out.

Pros:

It is fairly easy. It runs well and usually has an understanding of what we are trying to accomplish. We often communicate with our personnel and concerned parties using Miro. Additionally, the frameworks built into the software assist organise meetings more quickly. In addition to allowing you to express your creativity, the vast selection of activity templates, marker colours, custom icons, voting, comments, CMS integration, and document collaboration enables you to run workshops successfully. With the diversity of tools and plugins it supports, Miro can assist you in expressing them. It is also straightforward enough so that you won't feel overwhelmed and can concentrate on your job.

Cons:

The projects' lack of organisation is what I detest the most. The search is also not optimal as there is no hierarchy, tiers, folders, etc. The administrative dashboard and user organisation in Miro have also been a problem for me. Although the programme is typically simple to use, I have encountered difficulties navigating it when working with many Miro accounts. However, after showing teams the value of whiteboarding, they frequently become more receptive to it.

Courtney
Courtney
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

The templates are a great way to get started quickly

Comments: Miro facilitates remote collaboration for teams. Having a place where the whole team can get together and discuss how to improve the tools, process, or development is crucial for my organization.

Pros:

I enjoy the flexibility of having members of my team work from home and the convenience of being able to brainstorm ideas together. Changes in workflow and process may now be quickly and easily whiteboarded thanks to this helpful program. Miro facilitates cross-team communication and collaboration for ideation, process mapping, and more inside the Marketing department.

Cons:

There isn't much about Miro that worries me. I wish we could make our own templates and preserve them. There was also an option we could click to export our Miro creations to Powerpoint. Other than that, it's a great tool that I enjoy using.

Maddie
Maddie
Game Developer in US
Computer Games, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Miro is a fantastic tool for team collaboration

Comments: Because of Miro, our team is now able to work together much more efficiently. It allows us to easily record our thoughts graphically and relay them to the other participants in the conference call. No longer is it necessary for us to explain obscure ideas.

Pros:

Miro's user-friendliness and collaborative nature make learning about it a pleasure. Its whiteboard features are intuitive, allowing multiple team members to make changes or generate new spreadsheets at the same time with minimal effort.

Cons:

The lack of a simple polling option is something I find lacking in Miro. A polling mechanism connected with charts and graphs would make updating charts and adding integer values to tables more efficient.

Carl
CPO in Sweden
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

This tool has so many good uses

Comments: We started playing with it for wireframes with free licenses. Then had a workshop with a customer and needed to by a couple of users and since then we haven't looked back. We use it a lot.

Pros:

Easy to invite free users to a workshop/session and it is so easy for them to participate and contribute. Totally hassle free to start working with. And the use cases are so many. We do a lot of SCRUM meetings. We do wireframes, brainstorming, workshops, idea management and more.

Cons:

Tried doing a Product Roadmap and it is very visible but a hassle to do and update so I don't use it for that anymore.

Katrina
Katrina
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Miro solves our need for a single project collaboration platform

Comments: The updates and integrations that Miro consistently rolls out only serve to improve the user experience. Together with my colleagues, I use it all the time to visually prototype ideas, train and educate, and plot our future moves.

Pros:

Miro can adapt to nearly any circumstance and is very user-friendly. It doesn't restrict your innovative process and is simple to communicate to coworkers. With Miro, we now have a central hub for cross-departmental brainstorming and project development. This facilitates better content management and comprehension.

Cons:

I feel like I'm only using a small portion of the capabilities, the price is a little high, and the board organization is terrible, so I often wonder whether a cheaper, simpler solution might suffice.

Syamir
Syamir
Administrative Assistant in Malaysia
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Flexible digital whiteboard

Comments: My team and I has produce numerous idea and and planning our project process with the help of Miro. Miro also is a good additional software whenever we have an online meeting and let everyone draw to the whiteboard and sharing ideas to improve the meeting process visually.

Pros:

Miro is providing a vast range of template for the whiteboard that can compliment my whiteboard objective. Planning, brain storming session and discussion with my colleague has really improved as we can chatting with each other when using the whiteboard. Everyone on the board will be assign with their representative color so we can distinguished which member editing and altering the board.

Cons:

There are limit of the whiteboard size that we can use to drawn or adding shapes to the board. If we exceeding the board size, i need to create a new board and can't combine the board. There are also no password that can be assign to the whiteboard to protect it from get edited or deleted by anonymous user.

Francisco
Francisco
Sr. Engineering Manager in US
Automotive, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Solution for brainstorming and great useful tool for group projects.

Comments: By displaying all of the possibilities and ideas on a clear whiteboard, I am able to have a better grasp of the study and determine a path for the project. Having a Miro board facilitates teamwork since collaborations in Miro provide various benefits by offering feedback during brainstorming, and Miro's rapid reaction during collaborations aids us in this process. Miro is what I use for group projects and presentations, especially mind mapping and information collecting on a collaborative whiteboard.

Pros:

Miro is usually the ideal choice for my brainstorming and research sessions, with a highly user-friendly interface and enough of area for thoughts. I also like the process in Miro, as well as the templates and possibilities it provides. I enjoy the amount of information you can maintain on the board; the board provides a nice overview and makes group work easier; sticky notes and frames are particularly useful. It's fantastic to be able to design dashboards that aggregate all of the information, allowing you to view the large picture while focusing on the minutiae.

Cons:

Research category divides within a dashboard should be more defined, and frames may include more color options or their own identities. Miro might also provide better tools for exporting individual notes or references. Text boxes only allow for a limited amount of text; occasionally more than bullets are required, and it would be ideal if the text box could store an entire A4 page of text; it is hard to utilize earlier boards since active boards are restricted.

Marlyn
Marlyn
Marketing Operations Manager in US
Computer Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Miro - Nice visualization and collaboration tool

Comments: We use Miro in my team to dynamically participate, brainstorm and work on ideas in a fluid and interctive way. Integrations with other plugins and tools also enhance the experience, allowing us to centralize our activities on one platform. And when it comes to ideating, drag and drop functionality and schematic elements remove any technical limitations, giving you the freedom to think creatively.

Pros:

I have been using Miro and it has been quite an intuitive and versatile tool for my team, whether small or large. The platform is easy to navigate, and the free templates really help us get started with brainstorming sessions, meetings, and discussions. Since we introduced Miro into our workflow everyone has found it easy to use, what sets Miro apart for me is the real time collabortion feature.

Cons:

I really don't have any point at the moment.

Beth W
Beth W
Digital Creator in Kenya
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Miro is a robust workspace for uniting teams during projects.

Comments: Using Miro has been a journey full of success and our investment on this product is bearing us great fruits. We have been able to develop a very productive culture of working on and managing our projects. With Miro, we are able to visualize our work when developing games and this helps us get focused on building very effective and well designed games for our projects.

Pros:

Miro unites us when at our workplace by giving us an excellent shared workspace where we collaborate on our games development projects. It also allows us to have clear visualization of the entire games development cycle from planning to the final product. We love using it as it help us organize and plan our work using gantt charts, flowcharts and other product maps. We mainly benefit by staying committed and focused on the right and most important work. It gives us easy to use dashboards where we are able to visualize all our tasks by drawing diagrams to represent them.

Cons:

Miro interface is a little complicated and we actually struggled a bit to understand it. But we are glad how the support team took us through the entire journey and they made everything get easier for us.

Gonzalo
Gonzalo
Content Manager in Argentina
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

The most versatile board tool

Comments: The entire team has been using Miro for over a year, it has been the number 1 solution for our planning processes. It is ideal to show the team in a more visual and orderly way, everything planned, analyzed and executed. We use it a lot for brainstorming. His post-its and the ability to collaborate in real time make the job much easier.

Pros:

Miro is an extremely versatile tool, in it you can do almost anything you can think of. Its board is functional for multiple needs, almost infinite I would say. But the most important thing and what most represents a difference in Miro over other platforms is its community and the support for it. Miro allows the community to create open and free templates for anyone who needs it, in addition to the official ones provided by Miro.

Cons:

Miro is not particularly cheap, especially for large work teams. Its free version only allows 3 boards per user, and its paid version charges per user, not per group. In addition, the free version does not allow outstanding features such as voting, timers, board history, among others.

Njoki
Njoki
Press Machine Operator in Kenya
Printing, 201–500 Employees

The power of collaboration, work planning and management lies in Miro.

Comments: Miro's gain has been incomparable with the misses. With Miro, we have been able to achieve a successful workspace where we can collaborate on our work as a team, plan our work and visualize how we are progressing with the work. With Miro, we are ensuring that every project we have is completed within the right timelines and everyone is involved in the project.

Pros:

There is a lot more that we are able to do with Miro from collaboration, planning and organizing our work, mapping and visualizing our work and much more and this allowed us to reduce the number of products we are having at our infrastructure since we solving multiple problems with just one product. Miro allow us to strategize our work and lay straightforward plans using Gantt chart to direct us on how to go about it. Also, it helps us to map our projects in terms of flowcharts and diagrams for better understanding of how we are supposed to have a systematic flow of work delivery.

Cons:

It being a robust product with multiple functions in it, sometimes it get a little confusing on which features you are supposed to choose for your work.