• Overall
    4,4 /5
    4,3 /5
    4,4 /5

About Rydoo

Rydoo is a worldwide business travel and expense solution. Our end-to-end solution covers your whole journey. Period.

Learn more about Rydoo

Phillip I.
Internet, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/03/08

"Making Expense Reports A Breeze"

Comments: I'm in the entertainment industry as well as I have a business that I run from home. I need to differentiate the different parts of my life and make the reporting of my expenses easy for my accountant. I travel around the world performing and so there's various expenses, or write-offs, that I need to keep track of. I was using another company for a few years and they're going out of business. I searched for a company that could handle my expenses the way that I was already used to. In my search, I found Xpenditure. They have literally made 'expense reporting a breeze'. Even in my trial period, I needed some help in setting up my different expense reports and the customer service is GREAT!. I was a POTENTIAL customer, and the customer service treated me as if I was already a customer. Once I was helped with my setup, I haven't looked back. I've already recommended Xpenditure to some of my colleagues and will continue to do so. They have a customer for life.

Pros: As I mentioned in the review section, the customer support is phenomenal. In my trial period, I was treated like a customer that had already been with the company for a while. That's very attractive to potential customers. Also the ease of use, the mobile apps they have, so you can report your expenses on the go. If you need different types of expense reports, such as I do, they can accommodate that with no problems. Also, in traveling around the world they have a dropdown box for the different types of currency that you're using in a particular company. The pricing is very reasonable and you get a lot of bang for your bucks. Whether you're a big company or a self-employed person, it doesn't matter, they can accommodate your needs. I would say that they're a company that definitely over delivers but is very unassuming. I'd never heard of them until I did a search. I read a little bit about them, while I was checking out other companies, and Xpenditure won! Xpenditure treats people the way they want to be treated!

Cons: At this point, I'm in my third month and I currently don't have any complaints. If I need any help, I contact customer support and they help me. No cons!

• Reviewed on 2016/03/08
Rob T.
CEO and Founder
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/09/02

"Good scanning, reliability an issue"

Comments: I use Xpendiure for the fact that everything I scan is recognised, even handwritten restaurant bills. The user facing software has a number of issues however:
* Its impossible to add a new category from the Android app
* the overall app interaction is a bit clunky - would benefit from a good UX designer review:
- target areas for major actions are small (e..g 'add' button)
- asked same questions repeatedly (e.g. to use camera)

Pros: everything I scan is recognised

Cons: * Occasionally it stops syncing, or starts to give an error when uploading and I need to reinstall
* Its impossible to add a new category from the Android app
- target areas for major actions are small (e..g 'add' button)
- asked same questions repeatedly (e.g. to use camera)

• Reviewed on 2016/09/02
Spela P.
Operations and Communications Manager
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/06

"Completely indispensable app for expenses"

Comments: its a lovely and great tool for organising expenses. I cant imagine going back to whatever i was doing before.

Pros: It is a great tool for expenses. Its easy to use and nice design. All features work perfectly - the receipt reader, all the possibilities offered to tailor it to your wishes and demands.

Cons: This is not a "Cons" message, but perhaps a message for Xpenditure: I would like to be able to manage more things with my admin account - like changing receipts, cropping, and also be able to choose among QuickBooks clients and Classes what is shown and what not - we do not use all Projects or Clients for expenses and they just make a mess. Otherwise, I would change only the functionality of trips - we have people travel from all over the world on the same trip and its impossible to track it if all of them have to create their own, although the same trip. What I did to solve this problem is, I used Custom fields and there is a great option of linking a value to a Project. Value is a trip and it is linked to a Project. When you choose a project while entering a receipt, the trips filter immediately to show only the ones, linked to this project. It's almost perfect. So now all employees that travel choose that and I can filter the totals. I don't understand why can't you just take this option and put on trips. The unfortunate thing is that we now (for this reason) don't use "Trips" option at all, although it has all these great fields.

by Xpenditure on 2016/08/22

Hi Spela,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We're aware of the issues you correctly pointed out and wanted to let you know that we are constantly improving our product and eliminating these small handicaps.

And in the meantime our customer support team is happy to guide you through the 'trip feature' ;)

• Reviewed on 2016/08/06
Alex T.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

"Excellent Expense Tracker"

Comments: One of the best features of Xpenditure is the ability to convert photos of receipts into actual data that you can categorize, assign expense accounts to, and track as part of projects. I used to perform this task manually, entering the data from receipts into a custom system, then taking a photo of the receipt for safe-keeping. It was a weekly chore, that took up at least an hour per week. Now, it takes me seconds to take a picture of the receipt with my phone, and simply let Xpenditure do the rest. Great product!

Pros: Easy to use. Decent mobile app, better web front-end.

Cons: Initially, it took time to figure out where the categories / accounts were hiding. It would be nice to have a default currency setup. Sometimes, the application assumes I'm using a different currency, other than US dollar. Instead of asking me to verify something each time, it should just default to US dollar.

by Xpenditure on 2017/02/13

Thank you for your review Alex! It's possible to set your default currency in your personal settings.

Timothy W.
Accounting Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/21

"Great Expense Monitoring"

Pros: There are several aspects I've come to enjoy about Xpenditure. Customer service is great, easy to understand, expense tracking and much more! Our sales people can upload receipts from anywhere they are located and they've finally become timely. The postage alone will pay for the software.

Cons: The only negative thing I can think of is that the software can run slow at times. Especially concerning the process of taking pics of receipts.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/21
Daniel A.
Application & Service Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/13

"Managing expenses of a Team"

Comments: Dear All,
I am the Application and Service Manager of DORC Germany.
With this tool Expenditure it is very easy to manage the expenses of a Team (6 members).
You have You categories and can also select and analyze expenses to make a statisik.
Good tool very good.

Pros: Very easy to manage expenses of the Team (6 members)

Cons: I only can approve expenses of the team on the website an App would be finde also to change the paramter to approver.

• Reviewed on 2017/01/13
Frank M.
Vice President
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/13

"Downhill"

Comments: This was a great app before Rydoo purchased Expenditure. It has gone downhill with every update since the purchase. I've never seen anything like it. They've turned a good app into absolute junk. I'm switching to another app even though I recently paid for an entire year.

Pros: This used to work great. It uploaded emails and camera shots without issue. Made doing a expense report a piece of cake. I had my entire sales team using it. It's been a steep downhill ride for the last six months. Our entire company is changing, most likely to Concur.

Cons: Will no longer upload emailed receipts. Camera uploads are slow and often are duplicated. The software has a tendency to take the amount before tip, which makes it worse than useful. You have to check every receipt to make sure it uploads correctly.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/13
Matthew H.

"Great so far"

Comments: I'm really enjoying using this software so far (about 1 month, and 500+ receipts). It's simple, gets things right most of the time, and the customer service is excellent. I travel a lot and have expenses in several currencies. Although it makes a few mistakes and needs a check over, Xpenditure gets it right about 90% of the time without any intervention from me. There is a 200 receipt per month fair use limit, which when I decided to upload all my receipts, I hit pretty quickly. After the 200 the receipts are put in a queue and were ready the next morning - not too bad all things considered. The staff were quick to alert me to it, when I was asking them other questions, so at least no time was wasted trying to find out what was happening. The only negative point is I can't seem to find much online documentation - the FAQ are not great for anything detailed and it'd be great to be able to read through some things rather than keep asking the live chat staff (although they are very quick and thorough)

Tony G.
national field manager
Chemicals, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/14

"it is a very clear system that provides a lot of easy working and handling"

Comments: Everything works perfect, it is very easy to use and gives a clear view of the possibilities.

Pros: fast and flexible, clear overview. Good explanation of what to do, in a good time you load your expense notes and get it in the system

• Reviewed on 2017/07/14
Christian V.
Sales Director Europe
Pharmaceuticals, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/25

"CV Review 2017"

Comments: This is just a great time saver most of the job is done with the Phone. A last review on computer remains necessary. Round invoices to be double check as it can be due to the format of some invoice (ie. when the figure in the bottom is the cash that you gave, not the amount that you paid)

Pros: Time saving

Cons: Some date enter in the Phone disappear (countries). Country list on Phone is not user friendly (need long scroll down)

• Reviewed on 2017/01/25
James R.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 2016/06/01

"Expenses Made Easy"

Comments: I have been using Xpenditure for a few months now and can thoroughly recommend it. Very easy to use and saves me at least couple of hours a month in the expense claim process. Love the ability to report at the end of each month with pictures of all receipts. So easy to snap a picture on your mobile device and have all your claims ready for review/approval at the end of the period. I was going to give 4 stars, but as the mileage sub rate has just been released, I have boosted to 5 stars. Well done, you have now completely converted me from manual entries and I also no longer need to use TripCatcher for my mileage too.

by Xpenditure on 2016/06/01

Hi James,

thanks for your kind words, we really appreciate your feedback. We're glad you like the mileage sub rate, and we hope we can surprise again and again in future releases.

• Reviewed on 2016/06/01
Tiffany T.
Performance Coach
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/28

"Great Expense Software for Road Warriors"

Comments: Matching doesn’t always match obvious charges it should have to take the extra step of logging in on your computer to help the software match the receipts you have uploaded.

Pros: The mobile app is excellent for scanning and uploading receipts!

Cons: If you are connected to your hotspot scanning and uploading receipts does not work. You have to disconnect to get the app to work as it should.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/28
Sunil K.
Deputy Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/26

"Rydoo Review"

Pros: Easy to track the business expenses, no more worries about missing papers

Cons: Costing is slightly on the higher side.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/26
Annetta E.
Customer Service Representative
Farming, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/03/26

"Xpenditures"

Comments: So far, I've been pretty impressed with how automated and "intelligent" the app is in determining merchant, receipt total, date, etc. I looked at several scanners and devices before deciding to give Xpenditures a whirl. I think it's going to free up a lot of my time spent entering data to a spreadsheet.

Pros: That it reads the receipt and can "intelligently" determine merchant, amount, etc. from a picture taken with my phone. I think I'm really going to love using it!

Cons: I haven't done much yet with the reports and such - but a tutorial giving pointers would be helpful in getting started and setting up my system preferences (maybe I missed it??? and it already exists?) I do like having Help Chat available!

• Reviewed on 2016/03/26
Michelle B.
  • Reviewed on 2016/02/03

"Day 1 review of Xpenditure"

Comments: So far I am pleasantly surprised by the ease of use of this program, and excited to make my quarterly HST reporting so much easier. I have only started using this program, but so far would highly recommend. I am sure I still have so much to learn about all the great features! Canadian friendly!

Pros: Ease of use
User friendly

Cons: Would like to be able to add an expense category as I am entering my expense instead of having to go back out to create one...but not that big of a deal..just a nice to have

• Reviewed on 2016/02/03
Judith H.
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/23

"Xpenditure Makes Managing Business Expenses Fun & Easy"

Comments: Tried this program and immediately fell in love. It is easy to use and I actually enjoy uploading my expenses. It is making me feel organized and on top of things.

Pros: Ease of use and simple integration

Cons: sometimes it interprets things as the wrong currency

• Reviewed on 2016/08/23
James E.
Finance Administration Manager
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/05

"I search high and low"

Comments: Xependiture still have a little way to go on ironing out some kinks however I am very impressed with the product and the service I've received

Pros: It's ease of use

Cons: a few more functions I'd like to see, but I'm sure the team are on to it !

• Reviewed on 2016/08/05
Lisa D.
Sales
Food & Beverages

"Easy Breezy"

Comments: Makes reporting work expenses so easy to do! When life is already so hectic, I can count on Expenditure to help me get the job done. Excellent App and worth every penny!

Maria giovanna P.
Traduttore freelance
Translation & Localization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/05
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/05
Julie G.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/07/07

"Xpenditure - Nice and Simple"

Comments: I found Xpenditure really simple to use. I like the fact I can allocate expenses to projects and report against projects for reimbursement purposes

• Reviewed on 2016/07/07
Paul W.
  • Reviewed on 2016/05/31

"Great product for easily entering expenses using OCR, with great support team"

Comments: Xpenditure makes it very easy to enter expenses without lots of manual entry. OCR pulls out the required details from a photo of the expense. Mobile app means you can snap expenses on the go.
Also, allows a sync with accounting software to make things even easier.
Occasional hiccup with integrations into accounting software, but the support team are fantastic and help out a lot.

Guy M.
  • Reviewed on 2016/06/02

"Excellent service that saves me hours every month. Well worth the price."

Comments: Get a receipt and take a photo, then the software does OCR and completes the expense as best it can. It usually does this very well. Currency conversions are handled well, and reconciliation with CC statements is a time saver. Expenses can also be added by forwarding emails, and this is also very good. Customer service via chat is reasonably fast and friendly.

• Reviewed on 2016/06/02
Ruben D.
Design
  • Reviewed on 2013/09/18

"Scanning receipts is addictive"

Comments: Since I've been using Xpenditure, I'm getting addicted to taking pictures of my receipts :) It's so cool to see that the app extracts all info and that I can add an expense type and a project. At the end of the month I can check my monthly expenses and generate reports for my accountant using the online account. Customer support is also awesome, a feature request was deployed a week after my question.

• Reviewed on 2013/09/18
Ingrid C.
Finance manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/16

"Poorly managed and maintained system"

Pros: Cant say i like very much about this software. there is not very much that makes it different than most other expenses software. app is ok when it updates .

Cons: Does not sync VAT to accounting software so you end up having to process everything twice. Not worth the money . Development /customer service unable to find reasonable solution

• Reviewed on 2018/05/16
Beatrice M.
  • Reviewed on 2016/06/03

"easy to use - makes expenses simple and fast"

Comments: This is great for expenses. I love the fact that you can go online or on the app (although I can't add my multiple destinations in one day on the app but I'm sure it will come-r even better a partnership with Waze so Xpenditure would automatically add the kms to my expenses?).
Frankly this has changed my life by making it so much simpler!

• Reviewed on 2016/06/03