Greater Giving Reviews

by Greater Giving

• Overall

About Greater Giving

Automate, track, and manage your fundraising efforts from one dashboard. Greater Giving Event Software is used for managing events.

Learn more about Greater Giving

Mary D.
Owner/Event Producer
Events Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/17

"Visually Appealing and Functional Auction Software"

Pros: Greater Giving is my preferred auction software - the main page is visually appealing and straight forward and the Greater Giving team continues to make updates that amplify the platform for virtual events (for example, their engagement center where you can embed a video). The thermometer view that can be shown during events to capture live donations is better than any others and that alone usually convinces my clients to use Greater Giving.

Cons: Greater Giving is not as affordable as other platforms and if my clients decide not to use it, it is usually because of the price - specifically because of the online auction add on. Greater Giving really corners the market but I wish it was less expensive so I could more fully recommend it to non-profits with less resources and smaller budgets.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/17
Ron K.
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/18

"Greater Giving: Great software for event management"

Comments: We use Greater Giving to manage our Marquee events (galas, golf, wine tasting, etc.) - events that usually have an auction component and the staff, volunteers and constituents love it. I've personally used Greater Giving software for the past eight years and have never worked with a software vendor that is more in tune with their customer's wants and needs. They actually ASK for ways they can improve the product and LISTEN! I've seen our suggestions appear in product updates repeatedly over the years and they never stop trying to improve their product. We began using their mobile bidding service over the past couple of years and the staff and patrons love it. Their Go Time event night software is so easy to use I barely have to train volunteers on event night - the software just walks them through the check-in/registration process and makes check out at the end of the night a breeze. As previous reviews mentioned, their website and reporting areas are a little more cumbersome to use, but I know that they are working on that too - we've already seen some great advances in reporting with the latest software release. Greater Giving software and event support is outstanding - they are only a phone call away anytime, but most importantly on the day of your event and a LIVE person answers the phone who knows the product and can fix your issues and get you back on track in no time! They are fantastic. I would highly recommend Greater Giving to any non- profit interested in experiencing a great event management tool. This is one fantastic organization!

Pros: Ease of use, outstanding customer support, mobile bidding option/component, auctioneer features for a professional live auction, leader boards, smooth check-in/check-out event process, ability to e-mail receipt to patrons at check out, volunteers absolutely love it! Patrons are very impressed at the flow of the event when we move the event management to Greater Giving.

Cons: Reporting is confusing and needs work and they need to make improvements in the backend website creation process but we are able to get the information out of the system that we need and we have great looking, easy to use websites.

Madi S.
Development Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Greater Giving"

Comments: Overall great. There are occasional glitches but their customer support team is outstanding.

Pros: The auction and check in portion of the software are the most valuable. Allowing early and self check in for participants at events is fantastic and helpful.

Cons: This does not link to any of our other databases and we have to enter all information without any transfers

Gina L.
Director of Donor Relations
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/18

"Functional Mid-Range Difficulty in Use"

Comments: Customer service is top notch. My questions are always answered very quickly and there is always someone willing to walk me through what I'm doing. The team is wonderful over there.

Pros: It can do a LOT. You can do events in person, virtually, run raffles, sell tickets, etc etc etc. It covers the gamut of fundraising activities.

Cons: It is not super easy to use. Perhaps because it is capable of doing so many things that is why, but it requires more than a few calls and trainings and help manuals to figure out what you need to do in order to get what you want to happen.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/18
Patty S.
Director of Development
  • Reviewed on 2015/02/10

"Recommend Greater Giving for nonprofit events management"

Comments: I have used Greater Giving for the past three years to manage our agency's gala. Last year, we added the mobile bidding component. When we jumped from 'paper' to Greater Giving in 2012, our goal was to make our guests' experiences at the gala as painless as possible. We also wanted to make it easier to manage for the volunteer leadership in our cash out room. With the help of Greater Giving, our gala has become one of the best in Rochester, NY. We have over 700 guests that register quickly and easily, and most who choose to pre-swipe a credit card, making the check out process no longer a necessity at the end of the evening. Our auctions have grown, and the return on value as gone from 55% to 78% last year - the first time we used mobile bidding. The Greater Giving service team has been exceptional, often responding the same day when contacted, always by the end of the next business day. Greater Giving has many layers and takes time to truly understand all that it can do to help with your events. However, it is easy to understand, and the time invested will pay off with happy attendees and volunteers and significant growth in amount raised. I highly recommend this product for anyone looking to increase revenue at an event and enhance the experiences of the attendees

• Reviewed on 2015/02/10
Emily S.
president
  • Reviewed on 2015/02/08

"Fantastic Service and Great Product"

Comments: We have been using Greater Giving for our Parents' Club fundraising software for since 2011. I personally began using the software in 2012 and have grown very fond of the product. Every year I talk with customer service and say I wish the software could do "xyz" and they say "that is in the works". The next year I see the improvements. My biggest complaint is the software takes some time to learn. We are a volunteer organization and it can be difficult to have people learn the software in the time frame needed. That being said, those of us who are actively involved are very knowledgeable and impressed with the many features the software offers. I believe a permanent, year round organization would quickly get immersed in the software and use it to the fullest intent. I am impressed with all the reporting and appreciated the many ways you can filter the data and export the data. The ease of being able to pull donors, donations and sponsors from one event to the next has been a huge benefit for us and eliminated many hours of work. In reality, I do not feel the software could be easier I just believe we are in a difficult position because of ever changing volunteers.

• Reviewed on 2015/02/08
Tera C.
Director of Operations
Primary/Secondary Education
  • Reviewed on 2016/05/09

"Greater Giving great customer service"

Pros: Customer service was incredible. I loved being able to create a fundraising page for each new campaign.

Cons: I can't say anything negative about this program. Every encounter I had with customer service went above and beyond!

• Reviewed on 2016/05/09
Jordan D.
Communications Center Supervisor
Civic & Social Organization, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/25

"Essential for Fundraising!"

Pros: This software is an exceptional tool for fundraising efforts. Event planners, auction chairs, and many more benefit from this software offering an organized and unique approach to fundraising. Mobile bidding, online auctions, and much more make this software engaging and easy to use from anywhere!

Cons: Initial use may be a challenge before you get used to the product. Learning curve for those that are not used to technology through mobile bidding and online auctions, however, the ease of use makes it easy to explain to a donor.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/25
UX Copywriter
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/31

"Gets the job doneish"

Comments: I used for organizing fundraising - I'd personally reaearch other software in the future to see if they have better search options for easier fill-in or better grammar checks for entries.

Pros: It wasveasy to keep track of lots of different pieces for donor fundraising and an auction event. In export functionality, it was great.

Cons: Woof, not very intuitive at first. Also just time consuming. It feels like there should be a built in feature to search businesses and addresses or such. That would elevate the software to gold in my donor assistant standards.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/31
Cindy M.
Website manager
  • Reviewed on 2015/05/07

"Nightmare to use on the backend"

Comments: I can't wait to get rid of this software. It looks good on paper until you use it. We couldn't make heads or tails of the reports. Designing the website pages were challenging (and I'm a website designer). Not intuitive. Inflexible. Want to had a field? Forget it. Want to add instructions or a different title to a field? Forget it. At the bottom of your website will be an ugly black bar with the Greater Giving logo - and you can't get rid of it. I've ask them to change it from a black bar to transparency or white, no luck.

by Greater Giving on 2015/05/11

Thank you for your very valuable feedback. First off, we are sorry to hear your experience was so incredibly frustrating. Your feedback is helpful to us as we continue to develop and improve our products. We recently hired a new Product Manager and he is very interested in speaking with you further to gain more insight. Secondly, we've been listening to feedback about the reports and the black bar and are already updating those areas for further customization so users do not feel stuck.

Overall, thank you for your candidness, and we would like to work with you on accurately collecting your pain points and suggestions to improve our solutions.

Jill Boyer
Senior Marketing Manager

• Reviewed on 2015/05/07
Chris F.
Development Manager
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/18

"Great customer service and a continually developing product."

Comments: We have had success with the Greatergiving event software for the past few years. Each year improvements are made and functionality is added. We have received excellent customer service starting with our sales rep, to the event rep and finally the help desk.

Pros: Ease of use for event night volunteers.

Cons: There is a great deal of options and functionality so there is a learning curve to make the most of the features.

Matthew M.
IT Director
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/28

"Great Event Management Software"

Comments: Greater Giving provides all the functionality we need at a very reasonable price. The event registration and check-in/check-out process is easy and much appreciated by our guests. Silent auction online bidding has become very popular, and we've seen a dramatic increase in the amount of money raised through the auctions.

Pros: Nice set of features for the cost.
Online auctions have been a tremendous benefit for our organization

Cons: Admin interface is sometimes difficult to work with, and could use a redesign. Reporting is also a bit cumbersome.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/28
Anna G.
Community Relations and Events Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

"Customer Support"

Pros: The best part of this software is the amount of support that they provide you depending on the level package that you get. For the top level, there are instructional videos for everything along with access to customer service representatives all the time.

Cons: The only challenge that I have encountered is when using the chat system. I never really got a solid answer to my question, so I ended up calling customer support. They heard me and tried to walk through different options so that helped.

Cara M.
Director of Development
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/27

"Best Event Software Available"

Comments: The software provided a quick and accurate recap of the money we brought in during our event.

Pros: Ease of use was great. Go Time interface for volunteers was a life saver!! The website was also a great tool for our Live and Silent Auction items.

Cons: No standard thank you letter with donations, sponsorship/ticket sales, and purchases in one document - very dissapointed

• Reviewed on 2017/06/27
Monica J.
Graphic Designer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/31

"It is good, bu so hard to use and understand!"

Comments: Overall the experience was ok. If 501 Auction had the same price as this one, I would go with 501 no questions asked. This one has a better price and better annual plan, but boy oh boy, it was hard to use!

Pros: What I liked the most was the price and the plan they offered us. It was considerably cheaper than other fundraising platforms and in the demonstration called that we had with them looked so easy and logical (beware!)

Cons: It is not easy to use AT ALL! It is super confusing to set up packages, import supporters, donors. Just building the website was a little nightmare. If it is your first time using this software make sure to have someone to hold your hand during the process. I really thought it would be easy to use, since I have worked with other fundraising programs before. Mistake! It took me a while to work around it and the tutorials didn't feel like enough to me.

Rebecca L.
Admin Assistant
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/25

"Not a great fit"

Pros: I do like that you can view multiple records by clicking next, rather than going back to the list and selecting a new one.

Cons: It really didn't provide many tools except keeping records of items. It didn't generate bid sheets, online bidding options, or financial reports. I'm glad I switched to ReadySetAuction this year.

by Greater Giving on 2021/04/26

Thank you for your feedback, which is very helpful to us as we continue to develop and improve our products. Greater Giving Event Software does offer multiple types of bid sheets (printed and online), Online Bidding functionality, and dozens of customizable financial reports. These features are widely supported through our free training and support channels via phone, email, chat, and on-demand. If you utilize Greater Giving in the future, we hope that you will take advantage of these features and our excellent customer support.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/25
Leslie W.
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/18

"Transform your Auction experience!"

Comments: Our school has benefited tremendously by using the Event Software and Mobile Bidding. In a few weeks we will be using both for the third time at our next Auction fundraiser. After the first year, we not only paid for the software and mobile bidding BUT increased our silent auction profit by $10,000! The program is very easy to use, streamlines all of our donations, and allows us to perform quick reviews post-event. Customer service has been exceptional. Several calls are set up with the Greater Giving team prior to the event and a team member is available during the entire duration of the event. All questions have been answered quickly. The Greater Giving team continues to give suggestions each year as to what we can try at our next event to help increase our profit. And both years the software has been updated with new features. Biggest benefit for our school has been the elimination of long checkout lines at the end of the night. With Mobile Bidding, guests having registered a credit card either before the event or during check-in are instantly notified of their winnings as soon as the Silent Auction closes. Priceless! We continue, a few years into our experience, to get great reviews from our attendees about the significant improvements that this package has made to our annual funraiser.

Pros: ease of use, customer service, mobile bidding function

Kiki C.
Director of Special Events
Hospital & Health Care
    3,5 /5
    4,5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2015/10/23

"After extensive research very happy"

Pros: Greater Giving is an evolving company and continues to improve their product. It is extensive having many features, reports and different ways of going about getting things done. They are PCI compliant which takes away worry about security and adds value to your overall event. Whether you are a small shop or large, any nonprofit can use it with a little bit of training, some practice and time. It is cost effective and adds value to our events. It is amazing that anyone from volunteer to staff can reach out to tech support. I like that it is web based and that you can have multiple events simultaneously. Also the capability to have different permissions for each user including multiple account admin helps s multi department development team like ours. Relatively speaking the mobile bidding works easily.

Cons: The "join me"feature is still new and we haven't been able to master it's use yet. The website capability is great but requires a little extra training. However the tech support is excellent with an almost 12 hour a day call hour. If the tech can't answer the question they get back to you. Most often though they will walk you through a step.

• Reviewed on 2015/10/23
Jeniece C.
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/19

"I'm a Greater Giving Fan"

Comments: We have used Greater Giving for several years to manage our online giving pages and our school's fundraising event. This year, we added the mobile bidding component. This was the second time we've used mobile bidding, the first with a different company. I was looking for a product to easily manage all the auction and mobile bidding steps myself. This produce was so easy to use. The customoer support throughout the event was wonderful, often responding the same day when contacted, always by the end of the next business day. We are most likely planning to use mobile bidding again at our event in 2017, and I am already considering ways to use what I learned at the last event to make this one even easier, all using the things I learned through using Greater Giving. We are a happy user. Thank you. I highly recommend this product for anyone looking to increase revenue at an event and enhance the experiences of the attendees

• Reviewed on 2016/10/19
Ashley M.
Annual Giving Manager
2-10 Employees

"Great auction platform"

Comments: The customer service is very friendly and timely, the auction platform is superior to many others.

Pros: The auction portion of this product is really great. I've used this for many events and it is very efficient. Ticketed events are easy to set up, and you can really customize your event pages to your liking.

Cons: The reporting and export features work ok, but could be more robust. They have a mobil bidding platform, but that could also use more advancements as well.

Dan M.
CFO
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/15

"Software to make your EVENT the BEST!"

Comments: I've used this for multiple events and can't say enough.

Pros: Easy to use, very user friendly, reconciles wonderfully, great bang for the buck, best affordable software out there to account for your fundraising event

• Reviewed on 2017/08/15
Katie R.
Director of Development and Communications
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/19

"Greater Giving has helped make our event process easier."

Pros: It helps keep us organized when we plan for events and the online auction feature is fun to use and helps us raise more money then we could if we did it with paper bid sheets.

Cons: The reports are hard to use and hard to customize and the event website it limited in what you can do with it. I wish there was more flexibility in the design aspect.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/19
Dawn W.
eCRM Project Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/24

"Greater Giving Review"

Pros: I like the Customer Support and I like the standard reporting otpions.

Cons: I think it is VERY hard to navigate and very hard to set up a set. I feel the program is outdated and needs to be more admin user friendly.

• Reviewed on 2019/01/24
Cara M.
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/12

"Too difficult for average volunteers"

Comments: Greater Giving is very feature-rich. Too feature-rich for my needs, it turns out. We are a small private school and used Greater Giving for 2 years for an annual gala with an auction as well as a Fun Run fundraiser. I liked the flexibility to customize reports and printed materials, but the way it handled auction items was extremely time to consume. You are required to enter each thing as a single item, then create a package. It didn't matter if it really was a package of 2 or 3 items or if it was just one thing - everything had to end up a package. That basically doubled the amount of data entry for me. I found the program far too difficult to use with volunteers - way too much of a learning curve. I did really like the event-night software and found it easy to use, even with the volunteers.

• Reviewed on 2017/01/12
Paul V.
Executive Director
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/31

"Event Management"

Comments: Great to use, but too expensive for small organizations.

Pros: It made selling auction items and event tickets easy!

Cons: The cost. We ended up losing money based on the total cost of the program.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/31