• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,4 /5

About Unleashed

Unleashed Software provides a powerful platform to accurately manage your inventory in real-time.

Learn more about Unleashed

Reuben S.
Co-founder
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/28

"Heavy on Features, Easy to Use Inventory App that connects with Xero and QBO"

Comments: Using Unleashed I finally have a process for everything inventory related in my business from purchasing, manufacturing, through to pick/pack/dispatch/invoice and everything in between. Staff finally have to tools they need to do their jobs effectively without resorting to a series of unconnected spreadsheets. I can see at any time my stock on hand, what products, product categories, customers and customer segments are making me the most revenue and margin. I can now use that information to offer the right products to the right people at the right price and the right time :D

Pros: Despite being feature-rich Unleashed is easy to use. Staff pick up their parts of the process quickly. It's worth noting that Unleashed is also the ONLY inventory app in the Xero space that does manufacturing well. Unleashed also has flexible and easy to use reporting that doesn't require a computer science degree. Any staff member can retrieve and customise the reports they need to do their jobs.

Cons: At the time of this review Unleashed does not:
- Provide stock on hand at the bin level (unless all products of that SKU are in the same bin)
- Provide demand forecasting

• Reviewed on 2019/05/28
James B.
GM
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/21

"Outstanding, robust piece of software"

Comments: The team is very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. Combined with a solid platform, our experience has been outstanding.

Pros: Unleashed (and the designers behind it) are outstanding. It is focused and the team has managed to get the basics right - solid and reliable inventory management, a simple and easy to use interface, responsive and fast. We find quotes, sales orders, purchase orders, and reports easy to use. Every part of the software has careful thought behind it - and it has guided us as an electronics manufacturer during our expansion. The ability to have a perpetual inventory has transformed how we manage our accounts and allowed us to make better decisions about prices and margins. The ability to add serial numbers, and the interface between Xero and Unleashed, is great.

Cons: It might be useful to be able to merge customers where there are duplicates. It might also be useful to be able to split large customers (e.g. a care home group with 100 + homes) into different subdivisions of the main account - although this is probably straying outside the inventory management purpose of the software. At the moment, we just select the appropriate delivery address from the drop-down which works fine - but it would be nice to be able to add notes under a particular site (e.g. a technical note).

• Reviewed on 2021/01/21
Tom S.
Operations Manager
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/29

"It does everything we need and more!"

Pros: After trialing a number of Inventory systems, I decided on Unleashed. It was perfectly suited to our business model as we needed multiple warehouses, the ability to create a bill of materials, assemble products and work in multi-currencies, oh and with the simple integration with Xero it was a definite winner! I'd initially signed up for a trail version of Unleashed just to see if it really did do what it said it could do. I was impressed. One of the Sales Execs at Unleashed was always on hand during our trial - nothing was ever too much trouble. After 2 weeks of thoroughly testing the trial version, we subscribed to a Medium User Plan. The API integration with Xero was so unbelievably easy. Online Support is great, to date we have only had to raise two Support tickets to query a CSV import and from logging the ticket to a resolution that was less than one hour! I cannot thank him and the Support team at Unleashed enough. The software is intuitive and extremely user-friendly - I even declined one of their Onboarding Sessions because I felt it wasn't needed. Feedback from all of the team here has been positive.Training was never an issue as all team members picked up the new system so easily. Subscribe to an Unleashed trial today - you won't be disappointed! It'll make your business life so much easier to manage!

Cons: Sometimes it can be a little slow logging in, however that is probably our internet connection as we are in North Wales rather than a bug in Unleashed itself. We are on the Medium Plan which suits our business perfectly. I think the costs could escalate quite quickly for larger businesses.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/29
Kate S.
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/19

"Fast customer service!!"

Pros: Been using Unleashed a few years now, Love the speed at which customer support helps, dealt with one of the customer representative today and he solved the problem instanty, and fast. He da man!!!!

Cons: Taking the time to learn it lol but customer support is great when you just cant nut it out. their online help is great though.
think the only thing i would suggest is being able to alter invoices after they are completed.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/19
VP Operations
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/27

"A Necessity for Small Businesses!"

Comments: Unleashed is a necessity for small businesses growing in the e-commerce industry. We’ve significantly reduced our inventory turn ratio and improved operational efficiencies when accounting for stock levels and improving procurement processes. Unleashed’s e-commerce integrations (specifically Shopify) allows you to automate inventory reporting so that you can be sure you do not oversell product that isn’t available in your warehouse(s). Similarly, Unleashed can calculate the amount of product you can assemble and reports those numbers to your e-commerce store, even if the product isn’t assembled yet. Unleashed is a great product for those getting their feet wet in the e-commerce/retail space. I recently encountered a configuration issue in Unleashed (due to my error) and their support member was exceptional at isolating the issue and educating me on the appropriate ways to configure Unleashed so that it works optimally with my Shopify store. Kudos all around to an excellent product and support team.

Pros: - Support / Knowledgebase
- Integration Capabilities (E-Commerce, Accounting, Forecasting, etc)
- Ease of Use / Application Setup
- Reporting Capabilities
- Kitting / Bill of Materials
- Auto-Assemble / Auto-Complete (Can automatically build an assembly when shipping or completing an order.)

Cons: - Document Customization
- Taxes
- Auto-Assemble (I wish the system could auto-assembly hierarchy of Bill of Materials instead of just the top/main product level.)

• Reviewed on 2019/08/27
Kyle T.
IT Manger
Textiles, 11-50 Employees

"Unleashed Power Users"

Comments: We have been using Unleashed Software for the past two years and it is great. We are manufacturers of decorative throw pillows. It is very hard to find a similar system that offers Bill of Materials and the type of manufacturing understanding as there is in Unleashed. It is very easy to use but complex enough to meet all your needs. We must ship 500 orders a week and produce 1500 items a week using Unleashed and it almost always works flawlessly. When it doesn't, the Unleashed Support are quick to respond and very good at following-up. For example we had an issue with the multi-currency working as it should. Within 48-hours they had a solution and implemented for us. Even our being located in the US and their being located in New Zealand, we find working with Unleashed to be easy, reliable and a key extension of our business.
While we produce our products in the US, our customer service and bookkeeping is all done overseas. So having a secure cloud-based system is very important to us. Unleashed allows us to securely manage all aspects of the data while not minimizing the success of our overseas workers. It is also designed in such a way that our overseas workers are able to quickly pick it up and get working with minimal training. It also has complete audit control so we can always see who did what should there ever be a question.
We would recommend Unleashed to anyone. We look forward to them adding more shipping functionality so we can integrate with more US carriers in the short-term.

Pros: It's ease of use. It's attention to detail in managing the data. It is fairly quick in accessing the data. We have thousands of records and it seems to access it all very quickly. The customer support is great too - they are always available to answer our questions.

Cons: We would like to see more integration with US shipping integrators, such as, Ship Station or similar.

Kim W.
Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/03

"Easy to use and powerful integrations"

Pros: I am the owner of a very small jewellery making business. I used to use excel spreadsheets to keep track of my inventory components, purchases and completed pieces. Moving across to Unleashed has encouraged me to improve my profit margins, sped up the quotation process and ensure that I have popular components on hand. Using Assemblies and Bills of Materials ensures that I am quoting at the most up-to-date prices. I also like being able to store images against inventory items. Finally, I love the integration with Xero.

Cons: The templates for invoices and sales can be cumbersome to use. Being able to move text elements and have them snap to a grid wold help (i know there have been some updates recently but I have not tried them yet, so this may be solved).

• Reviewed on 2018/07/03
James M.
Sporting Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/02

"Great stock management system"

Comments: Unleashed is a robust inventory management system. I researched all the major systems prior to choosing Unleashed. I liked the simplicity of integrating Unleashed with Xero (accounting system), and I liked the easy to use interface which Unleashed offered. Unleashed keeps us on top of our stocks at all times.

Pros: This software keeps us completely on top of our stocks at all times. With over 100 warehouse locations it is critical for us to keep on top of our stocks, and Unleashed makes sure we can do this easily and quickly.

Cons: Nothing really, Unleashed make an effort to listen to their customers comments and if enough people say the same thing, they make changes accordingly, no real complaints.

Richard V.
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/26

"Since buying our company 3 years ago this tool has been very beneficial"

Pros: We love the inventory management and the ease of use. Being able to adjust for damage and warranties is something which assists us during the year and makes our auditing easier.

Cons: not being able to change a sale once its been dispatched/completed. Also on the pricing options, i dont like the fact that as a legacy customer we have not been automatically given all of the new user rights at our original price level. If you release new features (Iphone app access) i would have thought we would have been given access to it, regardless of you changing your pricing levels. It doesn't show that you appreciate our ongoing business nor does it show you are supporting our growth.

• Reviewed on 2017/05/26
Frank S.
Warehouse Manager
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"Excellent"

Pros: Unleashed looks really simple and clean on the dashboard area, but it actually covers all relevant functions from the very beginning steps of a business (Quote & purchase) to the final steps (Sales & returns). Every single functions are handy and easy to learn. The "Support" page are clear and helpful with both written and video instructions. Also, I have to say that the support team are highly experienced and helpful, problems and questions are able to solved effectively.

Cons: When entering the delivery address in a sales order, we have "address line 1 & 2" and "suburb" column. The address can be seen clearly on the invoice, but always missing the "suburb" area in the "packing list". For example, I enter "20 Starr Avenue" in "Address Line 1" and "North Plympton" in "Suburb" and leave the "Address Line 2" blank, it will only show "20 Starr Avenue" on the "Formal Packing List" with no suburb underneath. But the suburb will finally be seen on the Invoice. However, if I enter "North Plympton" in both "Address Line 2" and "Suburb", it can be seen on the Packing list, but will appear twice on the Invoice. It seems the only solution is to leave the "Suburb" area blank and always put the suburb name into the "Address Line 2"....Then, the "Suburb" column will turn out to be really useless.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/27
Jason S.
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/04/10

"Unleashed Software"

Comments: I installed Unleashed Software in 2015. It has been a big improvement on our last software program because:
- it is easy to learn
- it is easy to use
- the support team are all experts and can answer even the hardest questions in a comprehensive manner
- the reporting is good
- the documents are easily customisable (i.e. purchase orders, sales invoices, picking lists, etc.)
If you are looking for a comprehensive sales, order, and inventory management go with this system.
Anyone who has had to manage a software system will often tell you that the support team is often the key to good or bad results. And on this front I have not met a better support team than Unleashed Software

Pros: The support.
Ease of use.
Learning & Training resources

Cons: Integration with Xero could be improved to be more reliable.

• Reviewed on 2017/04/10
Stephanie K.
Accounts Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/04

"Easy to use, very responsive software. We are a growing company and this software meets our needs."

Pros: How logical it is to use and how quickly is speaks to Xero. Easy enough for all staff to use and enter sales giving them information to make decisions on the spot such as GP.

Cons: Some of the reporting, but due to individual organisational need I understand that not all reporting needs can be covered. Customer information and the Addresses having to enter each type and it not populating automatically. If it did populate after entering it in 1 field you could then change it if required, it wastes time having to enter it so many times.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/04
John K.
Head of Operations
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/04/03

"JK's review of Unleashed"

Comments: I have worked for numerous multi national businesses including Foster's, Mattel and General Mills. Unleashed is by far the best inventory tool I have experienced. It is easy to use, offers dynamic reporting features and the online support is excellent! Like anything, it can be improved further and would love to share my ideas with the team.

Pros: Ease of use, exporting and reporting features.

Cons: Order allocations should only activate when orders are PLACED. In Parked status, orders should not allocate. Once orders are Placed, the system should allow users to Place further orders if insufficient available inventory. In reporting, for example, users should be allowed to select a combination of warehouses to filter data

• Reviewed on 2017/04/03
Ben G.
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/03

"Unleashed works and is the only option for inventory if using xero."

Pros: Works and is easy to use. I have recommended it to several customers wanting more inventory control than xero provides.

Cons: Missing a few key features that seam so obvious. You can't see the customers name when looking at sales of a product in the product or quotes. I would use this daily. We don't have the ability to mass delete quotes so the system is clogging up with old quotes. Many customers require multiple quotes unfortunately you have to open each one to delete it.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/03
Luke B.
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/01

"Good Program and super easy to use"

Pros: very easy to use and really easy to train new staff (2hrs max) good reporting and integrations with other programs. we integrate it with 3 other programs and the team love it.

Cons: Some of the reports would benefit with more options or the option to slice & dice more, sometimes we have to download info and do it on excel to get what we need. having said that, some of the reports we use are typically found in companies with revenue of 50m+ so most users may not have this issue.

• Reviewed on 2017/03/01
Kris W.
Production Manager
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/27

"Very easy to navigate, easy to train learners as language used is consistent with warehousing."

Comments: Better understanding of raw materials through production process and finally to customer.

Pros: Being able to automatically open new windows for product information, real time stock on hand reports for different warehouses.

Cons: That you can purchase any product from any supplier.. even though that product has a default supplier against it. Very hard when we have 4000 products...when we are keying Purchases that there is nothing stopping someone from order it from the wrong supplier.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/27
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/15

"A big thank you to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Unleashed Customer Support"

Comments: I just wanted to voice a big thank you for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from customer support. We had quite a big issue form with the integration between Shopify & Unleashed (most of which I believe was our fault), and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was patient and helpful during the process, and we worked together to get everything fixed and running 100%. He listened well when I tried to explain the issues, tried different things to fix them, and ensured everything was good to go before finishing up. Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], you may a stressful week a little less intense!

Pros: Inventory management through the Bill of Materials and the Assemblies capabilities.

Cons: The back-office integration area needs to have more information to help out businesses with using it.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/15
Steven P.
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/05

"Generally a good product"

Pros: Easy to use and good functionality. Unleashed has kept evolving. However, this evolution needs to continue as some of the features and logistics support and pricing are not as comprehensive as other programs.

Cons: Could have more flexibility like XERO has! Some of the features and logistics support and pricing are not as comprehensive as other programs.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/05
Patrick M.
Product Dev. Coordinator
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2016/09/15

"Lightweight, accessible, but still functional"

Pros: Unleashed is definitely the most intuitive and accessible of the inventory / MRP systems we evaluated. It provides flexibility, and gets out of the way when needed, while also providing straightforward workflows for common tasks. A large reason for selecting it was because we could have some users (like our CEO, sales and Eng. staff) who may use the system very infrequently. We believed that if they had to re-train on the proper workflows, they would simply avoid using the system directly, and just ask our core users to pull the information they need. As a system built for small online shops, Unleashed knows that it needs to show value, and be useful to the decision-maker AND the users of the system, since these are often the same people in such small settings.

Cons: Very little (if anything) to complain about so far. Some sets of data (like adding new warehouses) are not as accessible as the others.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2016/09/15
Francesco M.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/03

"the service is good but I was so disappointed that they double the price of it."

Comments: you can manage your inventory and sales from everywhere

Pros: The easy features but yet powerful to see profit, landing cost and so on. Of course the cloud features, also printing template were very good

Cons: Too expensive. Too slow in reloading pages, and customer service too weird. I complained for the price increase, they told me they could not do anything.. so I unsubscribe and started migrating to a new system and only then, they offer me a 50% discount forever... what a waste of time.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/03
Stephen F.
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/01

"Generally our experience with unleashed has been very positive. The program is very easy to use"

Pros: Stock and batch control is very good and easy to use. The functionality around receipting in shipments is also excellent

Cons: I find the way in which cost allocations is done to be completely illogical. I.e. shipment costs are allocated based on the value of the item, not the cubic measurement or weight of the item. While in some cases the ability to allocate shipment costs to an item, in the majority of cases costs should be allocated on cubic measurement or volume otherwise if you ship multiple items ( as we do ) of varying sizes, volumes / weights in the same shipment, the allocations are incorrect

• Reviewed on 2018/02/01
Richard C.
Business Supplies & Equipment, Self Employed

"Generally good product."

Comments: Stock information

Pros: Stock valuation report is good. Stock history is good. Sales and margins reports are good. The view products window is clear.

Cons: No ability to enter flashing messages on items on the View Products window ie "Warning. Item to become redundant. Do not reorder"

Sarah R.
Financial Controller
Computer Hardware, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/03

"Fantastic customer support at all times; a lot of help at the integration stage; pretty easy to use"

Comments: Has revolutionised our inventory management as Xero was totally inadequate for a manufacturing company

Pros: The fact that if you are an inputter, it is user friendly and intuitive; integrates with Xero; great customer support

Cons: Not being able to select the date of a stock adjustment or the date at which stock is received is really unhelpful. All of our warehouses are remote so it takes at least 2 days for the results of stock counts leading to adjustments being posted, by which time month end has passed. Same applies regarding the notification of incoming stock. It is a bit too "real time" for me!

Sales Support/Marketing
Plastics, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/28

"Great platform that works well with Xero"

Pros: One of the best of the inventory management packages available with an integration to Xero. API access is top level.

Cons: The quoting capability and batch reporting for a manufacturing business is poor. While the software includes functionality for BOM's and Assembly's, there's no way to easily quote specialist parts without building a BOM which is a bit of a waste of time.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/28
Ben T.
Co-Founding Director
Defense & Space, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/16

"Excellent for stock control"

Pros: Does everything we need for our business. Very strong 3rd party integrations.

Cons: Some things still be ironed out, it is quite new software so this will get done over time.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/16