15 years helping South African businesses

About Freshdesk

Freshdesk is an easy-to-use helpdesk software that helps over 60,000 businesses worldwide create stellar customer experiences.

Learn more about Freshdesk

Pros:

Freshdesk is beyond easy to use. I love how simple it is to assign tickets to the relevant team member and how ticket responses are so quick and easy.

Cons:

Tools is really inefficient and their automation tools are built by people with very little CSX experience. Everything needs to be hacked somehow.

Freshdesk ratings

4.5
4.5
4.3
4.4

8.6/10

Freshdesk has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 3,300 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Freshdesk before?

Filter reviews (3,300)

Sharad Singh
Sharad Singh
Assistant Manger in India
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Freshdesk is very helpful

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: The overall experince with Freshdesk did for me is combine all channels customer flow at one place, now every comment/ post/ Dm turns into a proper ticket and assign to a dedicated support staff, doing this way we never missed any single query from customers and we have properly self help automation and data export options.

Pros:

-combine all the chanells to one place - Turning every query into ticket - Self help automation - dialer integration - - data export options

Cons:

Nothing so far, every time i reached out to support they always proved the best possible resolution to the query. and price is little high

Jacqueline
Director of Technology in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Freshdesk -small IT Team, large campus. NO problem!

Comments: My overall experience moving our helpdesk operations to Freshdesk was extremely positive and simple to implement. We started out with the free trial and quickly decided to purchase the Pro version. Our productivity with ticket management increased beyond what my expectations were and the fact that we could keep the tickets forwarded the same way through an existing email address made the transition process transparent to the rest of the community.

Pros:

We made the move to Freshdesk because of its features and Mobile app. Immediately, my team found the interface far superior to our previous helpdesk application. The filtering and merging of tickets allows us to keep track of our busy workload while the mobile app helps us stay updated while on the go across our 200 acre campus. We can see in realtime what is happening with a ticket status and can respond accordingly. No time is wasted because of duplication. We have also built out our solutions section with FAQ articles that we can easily link in our tickets. When you have a team of 3 for 180 FTE, 700 students and 1,500 parent constituents that you provide technical support to, you need a tool like Freshdesk to keep you as agile and efficient as possible!

Cons:

We currently only use Freshdesk in the IT dept. I would love to expand our school's use of Freshdesk to other areas but the per agent cost may become a barrier to doing this.

Alternatives Considered: Asset Essentials

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: We made the switch from Spiceworks to Freshdesk because we became frustrated with some of the limitations we were finding with our current solution at the time. We appreciate the clean and modern interface with simple to use reporting and slick dashboard metrics.

Switched From: Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: We actually did purchase another solution for our Operations dept. but quickly found that it would not fit our needs in IT. We are so glad we went with Freshdesk because the other vendor made a 1yr commitment so cost prohibitive that the school was forced to enter a 3 yr. contract for a new software application. Needless to say, the other vendor did not live up to expectations. I am thankful for Freshdesk every time I have to engage in a support ticket with the other vendor.

Niels
CFO in Tanzania
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Never close a contract directly with Freshworks

2.0 last month New

Comments: Freshdesk in general is ok to work with, it doesn't excell in specific matters but also not fails. However we made the misstake to close our contract directly with Freshworks (as our re-seller stopped), this has been the biggest misstake ever. There customer service and assistance is not excisting, questions remain unanswered, no solutions are offered, with this all kind of problems start to arise for which no solutions are offered

Pros:

The reseller that was between Freshworks and us

Cons:

No full intergration with their other modules. (chat, sales). FreshCRM completly failled product which was only shorly on the market and replaced by Freshsales again.

joe
Director of Operations in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Simple but powerful ticket system

Comments: Overall positive feedback. We would like to see features be able to be added on ala cart. we would also like easier integrations such as billing and inventory software to easier manage items being sold.

Pros:

We can keep track of our tickets and see them grouped in the dashboard. I can see at a glance if anything is overdue and what is actively open. I can run metrics to see how many tickets on average we get incoming per day. The field service add on allows us to have customer sign their work order upon completion and keep track of time.

Cons:

Certain features are not ala cart. Depending on the feature you want, you'd have to upgrade your whole plan and get even more features that you might now want. sometimes when we are replying in a ticket, the curser jumps to the beginning. We haven't been able to figure out if its a keyboard combination or shortcut that is doing it, or something else.

Beverly
Customer Service Executive in Lithuania
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

An Iconic and Straightforward Help Desk Tool.

Comments: It provides 24/7 customer support thus increasing customer satisfaction.

Pros:

It is simple to communicate and engage with our customers in multiple communication channels via live chat,calls,emails and SMS using Freshdesk.It streamlines and automates customer service workflows.It handles and responds to our customers enquiries faster.

Cons:

I lack anything to complain about this Help Desk tool.

Henrico
Director in Bahamas
Hospitality, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Instant access, effortless maintenance and maximum security

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Brings centralization and customer inquiries management. Offers automation and great customer support.

Pros:

The fact that I don't have to install any updates since the latest version is automatically received on logging in. Resolving customer queries is made quick through automation. Browsing online reports in real time has improved our team's performance and customer satisfaction. Allows multichannel communication too. Cloud computing is most affordable with Freshdesk.

Cons:

Everything is pleasing. It is reliable and secure to work with. Launching and deployment was effortless for us.

Holly
Technical lead in France
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Elevating Customer Support

5.0 last month New

Pros:

When a customer submits a support request, it automatically creates a ticket and prioritizes it. This ensures that no issue goes unnoticed, and I can provide timely support to my clients, improving their overall satisfaction.

Cons:

Its occasional lag when handling multiple tickets. It can slow down my workflow during busy periods.

Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

Use a few different places, professionally.

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The ability to type my requests & inquiries instead of having to call or waste a lot of (otherwise valuable) time!

Cons:

Unknown. No comments. N/A DOES NOT APPLY

Rajyashree
Assistant in India
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Kiddo smiles 😀

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: The experience is good with fresh desk.

Pros:

It is very easy to raise the complaints and get it resolved sooner for customer satisfaction. It is easy to track the details entered in it.

Cons:

While logging in I always had tough time with captchas and also it used to get logged out fast.

Akshat
Accounting in India
Accounting, Self Employed

Freshdesk honest review

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

There is nothing much which I like about it except the video calling part

Cons:

The customer service is very bad and they send too many notifications

Information Services, 201–500 Employees

Freshdesk is a great alternative to over priced industry stalwarts.

Pros:

Freshdesk has been a breeze to set up and use effectively. My team loves how easy it is to quickly work through tickets. We heavily use Trello and their integration is top tier. When issues do come up, the support team is always available to answer my questions. Even when it doesn't support a particular workflow, I've always been given excellent suggestions to work around its limitations.

Cons:

Many integrations are v1 products that were built years ago and never updated. Salesforce integration needs a lot of work. We had to disable it because it was using too many API calls.

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: Salesforce Service Cloud is a pain to configure. It's it pretty much unusable unless your company has an on-staff Salesforce developer. You can only configure very basic functionality via the admin options.

Switched From: Salesforce Service Cloud

Michelle
Category Leader in Australia
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Best Email Ticketing System out there

Comments: We have been able to be more responsive to our customers while maintaining high data integrity across our whole business. The team is able to 'chat' in real time with each other about an individual ticket without confusion and the ability for us all to be 'in' the ticket at the same time to see what is going on. The transparency of our interaction with our customers also mean we can address team training needs and discover any shortfalls of our customer service quickly, confidently and positively.

Pros:

The ease of use and the overall look and feel of the experience for the team and our customers.

Cons:

We are sometimes limited with our ability to search however this is more about how we use it and not the software itself. We are heavily reliant on our customers sending queries with quality subjects in their emails and due to how generic they are, the amount of queries we receive and the limitations we put on the team to tag/identify can give us high numbers of returns during a search.

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: We lost access to the system during a company buy out. We were also changing our team structure so needed something more flexible and robust.

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: Better features including customisation. The team at FreshDesk were also amazing to work with - addressing all of our queries and even working on our needs to ensure they could be addressed before we signed.

Patricia Brigid
Service Desk Manager in Ghana
Internet, 11–50 Employees

Superb Experience

Comments: We needed an efficient CRM system, easy to set up an with easy access to analytics to manage our tickets and Freshdesk was able to give us that and more. We love that its features are based on time; we are able to measure agent and team performance on this.

Pros:

Freshdesk is built on ITIL framework and very easy to use. It took me a few minutes to figure it out, find all the metrics that we needed and set up. The support and software team are readily available on chat, email and conference call - regardless of need. Lately I see lots of improvements in the software (like the Field Service Management, Proactive Reach and advance ticketing). Some of the new features have helped us tremendously while others (FSM) has got us thinking on efficiency in our field work.

Cons:

In improving the system, a few of our favored features are taken off. For instance, with Linked Tickets we are unable to send bulk emails from the Tracker. The alternative is to send bulk emails from the Tickets view or filtered view; this is tedious if one has to select individual tickets which notice is meant for or when there are multiple linked tickets to different trackers. Also, Email Outreach should have the alternative of selecting contact from Freshdesk instead of uploading a CSV file

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: It was difficult generating reports from Kayako. We were yet t transfer to their new version. With years of use, we needed something new which met our needs - in line with our ITIL-based structure.

Switched From: Kayako

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: Ease of use and support response rate. Freshdesk team were proactive to set up an online meeting with us where sales, IT and other relevant stakeholders were available to answer our questions and understand our needs before paying for the service. While on trial, we had set up 80% of the things we needed while waiting for feedback on the remaining things so this helped us decide quickly.

Mike
SysAdmin in US
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Simple and Intuitive

Comments: We decided to try this out as our ticketing solution and were very impressed. Packed with features even at the lower tiers. At the lowest priced tier we're able to integrate Microsoft Teams and VSTS/Azure DevOps which is huge for us. The features are also very organized so the admin page doesn't have 200+ options to skim through.

Pros:

FreshDesk has found a way to offer similar options without cluttering your screen with unnecessary options. You're able to expand on your options with custom fields/tags/etc but the basics cover most scenarios. My favorite feature though is how easy it is to update a ticket department/agent/status. You can do it from the ticket view screen that lists all your tickets. Why is no one else doing this? Seems obvious now that I'm using it ha, it's even available on the phone app, big time-saver. It really seems like a lot of thought was put into creating this product.

Cons:

One thing I really didn't like is the table view for tickets. I have large monitors and this doesn't expand the width so I end up with a bunch of empty space to each side of the table. You can change the Layout and the Card view helps, but I prefer the consolidated table view, but not if I have to scroll to the right with empty space on the page that could've been used. Another thing I noticed that could improve is the options for the email. Our previous solution would create the ticket and move the email from the inbox to our archive folder so we keep a history in a second place. FreshDesk currently as of 2019 only has the option to delete or leave the emails there. Not that big of a deal, but would be nice.

Alternatives Considered: ServiceNow Customer Service Management , ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus and SolarWinds Service Desk

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: Cost and reliability. Previous solution was buggy and we were using it because it was free. Once they switched to a licensing model, we expect higher quality when paying.

Switched From: Zero Threat Advanced

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: Easier integration with Teams/Azure DevOps. Cost did not include a lot of features we don't use as we're a small company. With the smaller tier we're getting what we need at a low price. More than we need really.

Nikos
Manager in Greece
Maritime, 51–200 Employees

Why we chose Freshdesk

Comments: Their support is probably the best support out there, a real 5-star experience, plus they are continuously implementing new features and create new products.
As an administrator In my company, I really don't have to do a lot and I can easily do my job. There is almost no complaints from users.

Pros:

Software is very clear and easy to use. A new user would require minimal training. All latest ticketing ideas and features are already implemented. There is constant development and you can see the changes every day without affecting the existing functionality though. Great staff mentality and customer approach.

Cons:

Some times users are a bit confused, but I guess this is normal when someone enters a new platform. There are some hidden features that should be available on the administrator menu in my opinion. The parent-child feature should be more flexible.

Alternatives Considered: Teamwork Desk and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: We wanted to migrate to a fresh environment with all the latest features and new technologies. Previous platform was as if it was written back in the 90s'.

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: Two reasons were the decision-makers. The ability to send normal emails with attachments that are not links to the cloud and the value for money quality.

Ray
Ray
Founder in Australia
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Great for a knowledge base, but doing poor on the rest

Comments: Overall, the experience was below what I expected. We were sold the world for this product on how it would transform our customer service and experience. Instead, the product resulted in more problems than what should occur. I should have seen the signs when we signed up and had to debate with multiple departments on getting the search bar to work and tags from day one. The support lacks and the team despite our feedback is reluctant to budge on a refund. Overall we have the left the solution because it saves us time and money by going back to basics. I would only recommend this product to a medium to larger sized business. Not for smaller teams as it is not worth the time when compared to other tools.

Pros:

The knowledge base system provides a few options Knowledgebase can be offered to your team and to your clients The user controls allow for different users across platforms Helps to provide reporting or a simple analysis of your teams efforts when managing replies or tickets Can send and receive emails from your inbox

Cons:

The app is far the worst part of the product as it's buggy, unreliable and slow Email management basics are missing or inefficient The product is poor at detecting spam/promotional emails compared to other email tools, creating more work than necessary The support teams are challenging to deal with and you have to repeat the same information over and over Freshdesk lacks in its features when it comes to separating responses The tool does not know how to override the from address when another agent is in vs. assigned Filters are limited The auto-reply detection does not work as tickets get created from auto replies all the time Most annoying is the product does not sync IMAP to your inbox, so if you leave it - you are left with an inbox with many emails to process

Alternatives Considered: Kayako , HubSpot CRM and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: We wanted to better manage our customer service emails and client management.

Switched From: Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: It promised us it was going to be easier and less clunky. However, we learned it was best to go back to basics with Google Workspace instead.

Oluwadamilola
Operations Manager in Benin
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

An All-Round Excellent Experience with Freshdesk

Comments: Overall, our experience with Freshdesk has been extremely positive. We have been able to quickly and efficiently manage customer service requests. The customer service team has been extremely helpful in resolving any issues we have had. The only downside is the higher price of the premium plans.

Pros:

Freshdesk is an amazing platform for customer service. It has allowed us to manage customer service requests quickly and efficiently. We have been able to easily customize the platform to meet our specific needs. The dashboard is easy to navigate and the customer service team has been very responsive in resolving any issues we have had.

Cons:

The one downside we have experienced is the price of the premium plans. While Freshdesk is an amazing platform, the price is a bit on the higher side.

Imran
Imran
Team Coordinator in Bangladesh
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

A Comprehensive and Intuitive Help Desk Solution

Comments: Freshdesk has been a comprehensive and intuitive help desk solution for our organization. We have been impressed with its automation and reporting capabilities, as well as its user-friendly interface. Although there were some limitations, we have been very satisfied with our experience with Freshdesk and would highly recommend it to any organization looking for a powerful and affordable help desk solution.

Pros:

Easy to set up and customize to fit our organization's needsPowerful automation capabilities for streamlining support workflowsComprehensive reporting and analytics features for tracking support metrics

Cons:

Limited flexibility for creating custom reportsSome features are only available in higher-priced plans

Alternatives Considered: HappyFox Chatbot and Help Scout

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: We switched to Freshdesk from Zoho Desk for its more intuitive interface, better automation capabilities, and wider range of integrations. Freshdesk allowed us to save time and provide better service to our customers, and its integrations helped streamline our operations. Overall, Freshdesk has been a more comprehensive and flexible help desk solution for our organization.

Switched From: Zendesk Suite

Alok
Alok
Self Employed in India
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Far better than the rest!

Comments: I have tried and worked with various competing helpdesk software's (both SaaS and Self Hosted), but Freshdesk is simply amazing and outstanding. I was up and running in less than 2-3 minutes. Yes, you heard it right, less than 2-3 minutes.

Pros:

The best part I love about Freshdesk is the super fast - clean, simple, minimalistic and easy-to-use interface. Next what impresses me is the instant help and tips across all the sections in the Admin, making it extremely easy for a layman to get started in less time and without any help and support.

Cons:

Well, there is really nothing I don't like about Freshdesk other than a little improvement with spam handling and spammers. No doubt Freshdesk already takes care of it but slightly in a different manner. I feel there should be an intelligent spam detection algorithm and mechanism which would send the spam tickets right into the Spam folder. Besides, creating and maintaining a common database of spammers would add even more charm to the software. That way, an agent can further manually review the Spam tickets and deal with them accordingly. Another slight issue is with the contact management. For any contacts that are deleted, Freshdesk marks tickets from those contacts as spam which I think is wrong. From time-to-time, the contact database increases with people contacting only once and then never turning back for years. Such contacts unnecessarily increase the burden of managing contacts and need to be deleted periodically. Instead, Freshdesk should consider creating a special category wherein all the contacts that are marked as spam will be tagged into this category. That way, an agent can get rid of unwanted contacts.

Service Representative in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Great for Support Tasks

Comments: Overall, FD is a helpful tool for a support staff that deals with a large client base. However, just like any other product, it does have some things that need to be worked on.

Pros:

It's easy to categorize and keep track of your work, especially with the new FreshDesk Mint version. The new FreshDesk Mint also shows a contact's recent tickets, so I can quickly see their recent history. I really love the scenario automations and keyboard shortcuts. Overall, FD mint feels smoother than the old FD. I wish they had: -more options for scenario customization -more options for keyboard shortcuts/customization === They have a decent customer support team that responds relatively quick(within 24 hours).

Cons:

Some features from the old FreshDesk didn't transfer to the new FreshDesk mint. -Text in <PRE> tags wrapped perfectly to the next line(s) on the old FD, but it gets jumbled into one line on the new FD mint. I have to literally copy the whole string and create a comment so I can read my client's request. -I was able to edit the ticket's requester email address to ANY mail address on the old FD. This is not possible on the FD mint unless you have admin privileges to edit your company's contact database. So, if you don't have admin privileges to edit your company's contact database, you'd only have access to update the ticket request email address to ONLY contacts in your company's contact database. I had to literally convert to the old FD every time to just update the email address, and then go back to FD mint to process the rest of the ticket. -CTRL+Shift shortcut didn't enter a space on the old FD, but it does on the new FD Mint. I have to account for this now whenever working in FD Mint. -Better statistics and analysis would be nice. The most useless statistic/achievement they offer is the 'Speed racer' statistic. I believe it's fair to help contacts in the order they come(first come, first serve). So, I work on 'older' tickets and I get punished for not responding to the 'newest' ticket available. Why should you serve the client that just walked in the door instead of the person who has been waiting for hours?

Robert
Technology Project Manager in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

A Fresh Approach to Ticketing

Comments: FreshDesk is a great ticketing system.
We use FreshDesk to support all the schools in our school district.
Integration with Google (SSO, profile info, etc) works wonderfully.
Knowledge base Articles are great. If we had to do it all over again, we would pick FreshDesk again.
Our users love FreshDesk, they often comment how easy it is to place a ticket.

Pros:

Modern, Elegant, Google Integrated, Nice iOS & Android Apps, Intuitive. Lots of useful features. (Merging tickets, Splitting tickets, Tags for tickets, KB Articles, Teams, Chat, etc) Nifty videos even at the end of the year. Service up-time is great (I don't think we've ever noticed an outage). Knowledge base Articles are great.

Cons:

Plans & pricing are a bit annoying. You have to pick from useful features or unnecessary cost for things that should be included without an up charge to a higher plan. Sales, Support, Development, Billing, basically EVERYTHING, is in India, which isn't by itself bad, and for Freshdesk's part, it's much better than most India based support... But, if you open a ticket about billing, it can be months (literally months) before your issue is resolved. There are some design flaws with the product, and while you're told changes will be considered, they seldom are - FreshDesk has their own agenda, and your feedback isn't all that important in the development. It would be nice to see the company track, implement, and report back when feedback is actually taken, and this would be nice if it was done in a timely manner, but that doesn't happen. Some features are a bit confusing to set up and have silly names (Observer & Dispatcher) -- an outside has no idea what those features do, and even after using FreshDesk for a years, it's still a bit opaque. The concept of ticket fields vs user fields can be a bit annoying. There are little refinements that are lacking (email alerts that are not as good as they should be, etc).

Michel
Technical Support Lead in Canada
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Best Helpdesk Application for your Money

Comments: First of all, they preach by example because Freshdesk's support is top notch. I found myself inspired every time I deal with them and even though I have (too) many years experience in the support business, I have learned from my interaction with Freshdesk's agents. It is clear to me that support is very important to this vendor and they obviously select and train their agents very well. Integrating the product in our environment was very easy and managing it is simple or as complex as you want it to be. I have been using Freshdesk for over 10 years now and they still surprise me with new features and new learning material (lots of "how to" videos, training and webinars).

Pros:

Multi language, great knowledge base, easy to automate a lot of features (multi time zone groups, SLAs and Business hours/holidays support and many more) and available add ins to suit pretty much any requirement. Being on the cloud means we always have access no matter where we are or what we use (Tablet, Phone, laptop, desktop, ...). In the current world wide pandemie reality, all our agents are now working from home and the transition was seamless.

Cons:

Reporting needs some love, although the basic is there. Freshdesk has recently added Analytics which is great but not that easy to configure so that you get the exact result you want. They are working on improving this. Most of the things I liked less about this software have been improved and quite a few features that we needed have been deployed over the years. We are also in the software development business and we understand that it is impossible to satisfy everyone, customers are really way too creative at times ;-).

Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

sleek web based ITSM portal

Comments: Overall, Freshdesk has helped our businesses provide better customer support, improve efficiency, and increase customer satisfaction. It has an easy to use sleek web portal.

Pros:

Centralized communication: Freshdesk allows businesses to centralize their communication channels, including email, phone, social media, and chat. This can help to improve response times, reduce confusion and improve the customer experience.Ticket management: Freshdesk provides businesses with a powerful ticket management system that can help to streamline workflows, automate routine tasks, and prioritize support requests.Multi-channel support: Freshdesk allows businesses to offer support to their customers across a range of channels, including email, phone, social media, chat, and more. This can help to improve accessibility and convenience for customers.Automation: Freshdesk allows businesses to automate routine tasks such as ticket routing, canned responses, and follow-up messages. This can help to free up time for support agents and improve efficiency.Reporting and analytics: Freshdesk provides businesses with a range of reporting and analytics tools that can help them to track key performance metrics, identify areas for improvement, and make data-driven decisions.Collaboration: Freshdesk provides support agents with a range of collaboration tools that can help them to work together more effectively and provide better support to customers.

Cons:

Cost: Freshdesk can be expensive, especially for small businesses with limited budgets. While there is a free version available, it has limited functionality, and more advanced features require a paid subscription.Complexity: Freshdesk is a complex platform with a lot of features and options, which can make it overwhelming for new users. It may take some time to get familiar with the software and set up workflows that work well for your business.Customization: While Freshdesk is highly customizable, it can be difficult to configure and customize the software to meet your specific business needs. This can require technical expertise, which may be a challenge for some businesses.Integration: Freshdesk offers integrations with a range of third-party tools, but it may not integrate with all the tools your business uses. This can create additional work to manage multiple systems and workflows.Limited automation: While Freshdesk does offer some automation capabilities, it may not be enough for businesses with complex support processes. Some tasks may still require manual intervention, which can slow down support workflows.

Nicholas
Nicholas
Sr. Manager in Sweden
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Efficient and User-Friendly Customer Support with Freshdesk - A Review

Comments: Despite the pricing and reporting drawbacks, I found Freshdesk to be a valuable tool for improving customer support and increasing efficiency. The platform's robust features and integrations, including with Salesforce and Slack, make it a top choice for businesses looking to streamline their customer support operations.

Pros:

Freshdesk is a powerful and intuitive customer support software that offers a wide range of features, including ticketing, automation, collaboration, and reporting. The platform's easy-to-use interface and customization options make it ideal for businesses of all sizes and industries. The mobile app is also a helpful feature for on-the-go customer support.

Cons:

One downside I experienced with Freshdesk is that the pricing can be on the higher side for some businesses, particularly those with a large customer base or high volume of tickets. Additionally, some users have reported that the reporting and analytics features could be more robust.

Alternatives Considered: Help Scout and Zoho Desk

Switched From: Zendesk Suite

, 501–1,000 Employees

Feeling huge potential of Freshdesk, but experiencing quite low speed of advancing

Comments: We got convenient for clients Helpdesk portal
But still we are upset about lack of customizations and that some features are hardcoded (e.g. translations of Feedback form)

Pros:

1. Occasional agents - great feature to keep agents without buying additional places 2. Very convenient multi-language feature 3. LIQUID gives lot of possibilities 4. Gamification features 5. Fully-operational API which is convenient to use 6. Great uptime. For almost 12 months of use - very rare failures 7. Convenient UI both for agents and customers (still lots of room for improvement) 8. Constant improvements and new features (but no sandbox still :( ) 9. Convenient customization of solutions (with multi-language features) 10. Good functionality of Dispatch'r, Supervisors and Observers. But still they are poorer than in SF and for some reason they're divided in separate groups (in SF they're just Workflow rules)

Cons:

1. Some interesting features are hardcoded and have no possibility to be re-used (e.g. no "Popular articles" feature. Or we'd like to place Search field to outter resource so we could push customers to Helpdesk portal. But it can't be placed somewehere outside Freshdesk) 2. Having deep experience with Salesforce, we can say that Freshdesk has VERY LOW options of customization. E.g. we can't just limit rights to separate field or hide it for some users (I know there is an application, but it's not native functionality of Freshdesk) 3. Shutting down system (Hotline) and forcing users to move to another solution (throwing out all works done about implementation of Hotline) 4. No clear documentation about establishing integrations (e.g. with telephony service) 5. Day passes - I think it's incovenient that they are not included into subscription plan. Perhaps 10 passes a month or smth like that 6. No possibility to create own report - only use pre-built ones 7. I suppose b2b system should me much more flexible (we have a great example of such approach - Salesforce)