• Overall
    4,5 /5

About Freshdesk

Freshdesk is an easy-to-use customer service software that helps over 40,000 businesses worldwide create stellar customer experiences.

Learn more about Freshdesk

Showing 2 343 reviews

Luis C.
Software Developer
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/26

"Offer to your customers a exceptional service."

Comments: Offer a service of first attention to my clients, giving my company the ability to serve them all as if they were unique, giving a plus of development and growth to my business.

Pros: This system offers your clients the ability to feel like they have a person waiting for each request they have, so they will always prefer your company and they will have it as their first option, as the program does, through email, twitter or facebook Freshdesk creates tickets that will be sent to the tray and you can attend them in moments, besides that the clients will also be able to create the tickets directly, besides this you can configure how they announce you of new tickets to be always attentive to the requests that arrive to you .
This is really important when you want your company to go further in service, ensuring the customers you have and catching new ones.

Cons: In principle it may cost you a bit to understand how it works or how to get the most out of it and you may get a little overwhelmed by the amount of tickets, or if customers get excited and send many requests, while normalizing it will be a bit strong.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/26
Meryl U.
Revenue Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/20

"Simple to use but with powerful features"

Comments: Overall good experience with Freshdesk as it gets the job done and doesn’t require too much work to set up and use.

Pros: Software is easy to use and very powerful- the template responses helped us in streamlining our customer’s booking experience.

Cons: Integration with other platforms is complicated and reporting could be better. We still need to manually extract and filter tickets when reviewing conversions and data.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/20
Anthea S.
e-Commerce & Digital Marketing Manager
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/03

"Useful even at the free level!"

Comments: We implemented the free Sprout version of Freshdesk as a replacement for the old system of having team members log in to a shared email box. It has been transformative to be able to see what's been touched already, by whom, and what was said. We no longer have to worry about customer emails getting missed because everyone assumed someone else took care of them, or because they got pushed to another page and forgotten. Beyond that, their customer service has been very responsive and helpful, even though we're currently on the free plan.

Pros: Being able to see at a glance that a ticket has or hasn't been addressed yet is awesome, including what was said, who said it, and when. We're also using categories and tags to finally start tracking the frequency of different request types, rather than relying on gut feel. The "add note" function is great for individual notes, and the "forward" option is useful when we need to have an internal conversation about a ticket.

Cons: I don't personally like their mobile app. Whenever I need to access our inbox on my phone, I switch to the desktop version of the site because it's easier to navigate even with the print being tiny.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/03
Orlando W.
Chief of Staff
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/08

"Perfect for what we need it for as a growing business"

Comments: When we started using Freshdesk we were a very small team with a big use base so we needed something very quick and easy to set up. We also wanted to have a lot of automation and flexibility in how we use the platform. Something we have been able to achieve with Freshdesk.

Pros: - a lot of configurability and flexibility
- multiple features that make our team more efficient
- speedy customer support
- large knowledge base and community

Cons: - Some configurations are fiddly to set up. But once set up they are very good.
- Using Freshcaller within Freshdesk app can sometimes behave weirdly.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/08
Fabio junior D.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/22

"Great Support Ticket system for Startups"

Comments: We use this software to help our customers and partners who need support for our app.

Pros: The options of subscriptions plans are very diverse and perfect for startups who need to start their customer service.

Cons: Just like many other systems it is not possible to change the url for your company in the free plan.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/22
Harry G.
Accounts Assistant
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees

"Freshdesk Review"

Pros: Freshdesk allows you to easily filter incoming queries and allocate them. A vast improvement on having 5 people monitor the same email inbox re-reading all of the emails. It also provides great accountability.

Cons: The email functionality is to be desired. It feels klunky compared to the ease of drafting and sending emails from Outlook. The way emails are formatted in tickets is also confusing. Issues arise from when you want to reply to a thread but only some of the new participants are included. The ticket structure is the opposite way round to a typical email thread, which causes issues when getting agents to use the system.

Trinayan C.
Customer Success Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/14

"The snappier and lightweight alternative"

Comments: I always recommend FreshDesk to start-ups and smaller clients. They are easy to set-up and you get all the necessary features to look professional without spending tons of money.

Pros: Ease of setting up, the ability to connect with various platforms such as social media, slack and the SSO feature is robust and better than some other market leaders. Their pricing is fair and is affordable for start-ups or smaller companies.

Cons: The official Wordpress integration plugin needs some more work. Also the customer support (irony!) can be a tiny bit better.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/14
Triloky M.
Software Developer
Information Technology & Services, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/17

"Easy communication"

Comments: We keep track of the requests made by clients by Freshdesk and consistently work on the tickets issued. The responses provided by us are very quick and it satisfies them. We keep checking for any new requirements made by clients and this way we keep time bound for the solutions. Freshdesk makes the communication very smooth.

Pros: The most important thing we liked was making of tickets for the calls and they are done with different operating processes. There is good synchronization for the contacts which are automatically saved in the databases. The communication is very smooth which helps us to make clients aware about the things which are achievable and regularly update them about the same. It is very easy to learn and operate. The best thing about this software is that it completely scalable and we can configure it according to our needs. It has some very nice integrations under it's hood.

Cons: The migration of system is very hard and we have to do it manually for some tickets to skip the loss. There needs to be makeover for the tickets form. The launching of surveys from the application is not given which can be improved. Also integration with some softwares like Trello is not good.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/17
Support Manager
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/20

"Great for managing a helpdesk with a variety of specialties"

Comments: Has made managing our helpdesk much easier, the support is good, I have no complaints.

Pros: Makes it easy to divvy up support tickets between disparate teams.

Cons: I preferred the old UI but it's been deprecated now.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/20
Umeed M.
Frontend Developer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/12

"Excellent service for managing and monitoring customer support and engagement"

Comments: I am a Front-end developer, and Freshdesk honestly makes it so much easier for me to manage prioritize and delegate a variety of tickets. Being able to track KPIs, and monitor how my team is doing, and keep historical information in one area with a pretty decent search tool. So I am very happy my organization chose to stay with Freshdesk.

Pros: Ticketing system is absolutely the best feature, it's very flexible and allows for break downs of the types of tickets (call in, email, agent, with additional classifications that you can label yourself). This goes even further into reports and analytics when you need to figure out what kind of tickets are you receiving the most about, which can help create effective business and use cases.
Reassigning tickets, the follow ups, monitoring other tickets assigned to other agents automatically because you were tagged in it either by note or by providing a response which is very handy.
The overall cleanliness of the Freshdesk platform is superb.

Cons: only one thing I didn't like is not being able to do batch downloads of files, understandably I was informed that our developers could use the API function to enable batch downloads so at least we have an alternative.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/12
Dawid J.
Managing Director
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/21

"Great Ticket managing system with lots of integrations"

Comments: Managing and tracking tenant repair issues. The main benefit is we have a full paper trail and seem to always know where we are with our team.

Pros: They have a tonne of integrations possible, and you can set up triggers. With minimal ease we set up an SMS trigger for "URGENT" tickets. So we get informed when a tenant (we are using this for repairs) raises an urgent ticket. They have an API and you could integrate them fully into your own back-end or customer interface. Really very useful.

Cons: So far there hasn't been that much. Initially there was a lot to dislike but over the many years we've used it we've seen them constantly upgrade it to the point where we have an iOs application. This makes it super easy to update tickets while we are out and about on the road. One feature that could be nice is if the software had a kind of a BCC for tickets but it kept all parties in the replies. So the software would keep forwarding responses to other people who didn't get them such that it keeps the original email address private. This would allow us to have property owners and tenants direct on the same ticket and allow us to better utilise the tool

• Reviewed on 2019/11/21
Stephan A.
software engineer
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/26

"Freshdesk helped us stay on top of our customer requests"

Comments: Our customer support has improved by using Freshdesk. We have some automation going on and the different methods (channels) by which Freshdesk receives requests, are adequat for us. We frequently use the feature to make private notes on tickets, where we can steer who is notified of the note. This helps us find the right person to be responsible for a ticket. Overall, we don't drop the ball anymore by forgetting to reply to a customer, because the request was more tricky or required more insight, and was thus postponed at first.

Pros: For the workflow that we follow, the interface is intuitive and easy to use. We can merge tickets easily, find previous communication with the same customer, quickly update the customer's name if the automatic extraction from their email address didn't work so well. I also like that Freshdesk offers a free plan. At first we paid for the service, but then decided that we can do without the extra features for the time being and it was painless to downgrade.
Another thing I like is how tickets can quickly be given a certain status at the same time as replying to the customer.

Cons: Sometimes I didn't find a function that I was looking for in the admin dashboard. I was pretty sure that it exists somewhere, but I didn't find it where I was looking for it.

• Reviewed on 2018/09/26
Cristina T.
Customer Success Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/09

"Budget and user friendly ticketing software"

Comments: I like it and we will stick with using this product. From all the other ticketing systems, advanced or basic, that I have used before, this is the nicest of all. It is ideal for startups or smaller companies in my opinion, but it has advanced features and integration capabilities which are interesting to bigger enterprises as well.
I also like their customer support, they are very prompt, they really want to help and are not just passing things around.

Pros: Well structured, good UI and UX on the overall
Tickets queues easy to create and manage
Good companies and contacts visibility
Swift customer support

Cons: Ticket automation rules are sometimes a bit difficult to customise and to work with. I suggest having more "roll-over" pop-up messages for some buttons, explaining what happens if you click them. Sometimes you perform actions and you end up making changes you didn't want and you can't reverse.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/09
Aaron P.
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/16

"Easy to use"

Comments: Since I manage all tickets this has made my job easier. It’s links perfectly with Google Calendar.

Pros: I like the fact that it integrates well with other software(Office 365, Mail Chimp, Slack and others) we use.

Cons: Do far there really isn’t anything I’ve found I did not like.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/16
Nathan Z.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/14

"Freshdesk is amazing at helping your team manage RMA's and support tickets."

Comments: Freshdesk has continually added support options and apps to their portfolio and getting in with them early was a benefit to increasing our understanding of it's overall ability to manage tickets. We have had some issues with spammers and freshdesk went above and beyond to help us resolve those issues.

Pros: High level of customization
Admin Support is good
Large Knowledge base
Many custom apps already available
Payment integrations

Cons: Limitations on some forms have forced us to find alternative solutions to some issues.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/14
Daniel S.
Network & Systems Administrator
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/19

"Freshdesk from Freshworks - Perfect for my one man I.T helpdesk needs."

Pros: I am a I.T jack of multi trades for my company. One of those roles is the sole contact for Internal technical support. I came across Freshdesk 3 years ago and have loved it ever since. My favorite feature of Freshdesk initially was the customization options for tickets.
It allowed me to tailor the ticket template to exactly what worked for me.
I was also able to adjust the remainder of the admin settings to make Freshdesk work exactly how I needed it to for how I logged tickets with my organization.
Freshdesk also has several great features that I don't use personally but I think would be very beneficial to larger teams , etc. I looked at several leading solutions before deciding on Freshdesk but they required me to follow a mandatory process / workflow or their customization options were limited.
Freshdesk surprised me with all it was packed with.
I haven't had to contact Freshdesk support on many occasions over the past 3 years but they were always fast and friendly when I did require some help.

Cons: I can't think of any cons really.
The service is always available when I need it and always works.
I highly recommend giving Freshdesk a shot if you are shopping for a ticketing solution.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/19
Michael V.
IT Manager and Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/04

"Amazing helpdesk experience"

Comments: Aside from all the great features we get, I have to say the service from support on their email and live chat are very helpful and I'm grateful to be using a product that can be supported 24/7 and has a great development team keeping it up to date. That in it's own is a great benefit.

Pros: A ton of great integrations, easy to use web - based access & mobile app, knowledge base management built-in, and it's very simple for everyone. As an IT admin in a business I help run with our partner out here in Vegas, I like to ensure we get the best value of the systems we use. We started off with a lot of other self-hosted brands and options, however, leaving our ticketing and help solutions to Freshdesk was the best move I've ever made and they offer everything we need in one place. We love particularly the feature to add custom stuff to the right side pane of tickets like: The recent tickets associated to the client, Quick ticket status and assignment changes, creating a remote session right from the ticket with ScreenConnect addon and, a to-do list to allow the next technician to know what has and hasn't been done yet.

Cons: I think for the type of account we have there are no cons at all. Of course if you pay for a higher tier account you unlock some other good stuff like live chat and CRM. For what we need to accomplish in a helpdesk solution Freshdesk beats them all. No cons from us.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/04
Sunil M.
Technical Support Engineer
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/31

"Simple Ticketing System with some nice features"

Pros: FreshDesk does a good job of simplifying the process of getting up and running with a ticketing system for whatever your business or needs are.
There are a variety of subscription levels that you can choose from which makes it somewhat nice in terms of what features you need vs which ones you don't need and would rather not pay for.
The initial setup is a bit to get through to make sure that you have everything customized the way you want it, but for the most part, once it's up and running it's pretty close to a "set it and forget it" environment.

Cons: Some of the features across different tiers don't make as much sense. Obviously, they're a for-profit company so they want to make money, but some of the more seemingly basic aspects aren't included in any of the lower tiers.
Also, there have been at least two instances where an issue has occurred that impacted our account and ticketing system (one was a ddos and another was a listed feature that we were unable to find on our admin screen). Both times when I called in the agent replied quickly with "oh, we have that available, it's just not turned on for your account."
Both times when I asked if there were any other "secret features" (like the advanced email SPAM protection that was offered to help with the ddos attack) that we were paying for but not using the response was "you have to ask for specific features to turn on. I can't just tell you all available features that we have."

• Reviewed on 2019/05/31
Rob W.
Director, IT
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/13

"Good value and good features"

Comments: Overall it's been great. They respond to email and phone based support requests quickly and their support people know the product and know what they're doing. You can tell by the evolution of the UI over the years we've been using this product that they do continuous development and are working actively to maintain their system in a market place that changes all the time. They actively reach out to their customers and ask for feedback and suggestions as well. This product feels like a "big" product like "desk" of the larger ticket systems but it also feels "small" because they are east to reach out to and talk to you like real people.

Pros: The user interface is very easy to use. You can sort, filter and tag tickets. They have canned responses for making answering common questions easier. They have a "solutions" system (like a knowledge base or wiki for documenting things for customers) and forums to allow clients, customers and agents to discuss issues.

Cons: The solutions area could be made a lot better. It does the job and it's easy to use but I'd like to see more granular security. Presently you can restrict to groups but it's like to see restrictions by sub groups. For example, Agents are a group. IT people are a sub-group of Agent. Some solutions are for IT people only. I would also like to be able to easily mass-email customers and groups of customers or companies. I'd like to see more affordable SMS/Chat based ticket options as well. The one SMS integration they have with an external vendor is priced well outside the affordability of most small and medium businesses. Their apps for mobile are also very good.

Customer Service Automation Group Leader
501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/02

"Feeling huge potential of Freshdesk, but experiencing quite low speed of advancing"

Comments: We got convenient for clients Helpdesk portal
But still we are upset about lack of customizations and that some features are hardcoded (e.g. translations of Feedback form)

Pros: 1. Occasional agents - great feature to keep agents without buying additional places
2. Very convenient multi-language feature
3. LIQUID gives lot of possibilities
4. Gamification features
5. Fully-operational API which is convenient to use
6. Great uptime. For almost 12 months of use - very rare failures
7. Convenient UI both for agents and customers (still lots of room for improvement)
8. Constant improvements and new features (but no sandbox still :( )
9. Convenient customization of solutions (with multi-language features)
10. Good functionality of Dispatch'r, Supervisors and Observers. But still they are poorer than in SF and for some reason they're divided in separate groups (in SF they're just Workflow rules)

Cons: 1. Some interesting features are hardcoded and have no possibility to be re-used (e.g. no "Popular articles" feature. Or we'd like to place Search field to outter resource so we could push customers to Helpdesk portal. But it can't be placed somewehere outside Freshdesk)
2. Having deep experience with Salesforce, we can say that Freshdesk has VERY LOW options of customization. E.g. we can't just limit rights to separate field or hide it for some users (I know there is an application, but it's not native functionality of Freshdesk)
3. Shutting down system (Hotline) and forcing users to move to another solution (throwing out all works done about implementation of Hotline)
4. No clear documentation about establishing integrations (e.g. with telephony service)
5. Day passes - I think it's incovenient that they are not included into subscription plan. Perhaps 10 passes a month or smth like that
6. No possibility to create own report - only use pre-built ones
7. I suppose b2b system should me much more flexible (we have a great example of such approach - Salesforce)

• Reviewed on 2018/07/02
Kai G.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/09

"Fresh, Works."

Comments: get it if you can afford it and have the team to support it.
otherwise if you're just one? walk away son,.... you're done.

Pros: If you're looking for something that has just the smallest amount of customizing but is built very polished right out of the box, this is your product. The integration with the suite is nearly flawless, and I gave it a solid 2-month trial to see if it was right for me. The only reason it wasn't is that I'm a solopreneur, and as counterintuitive as it might sound, Freshdesk can easily be run by one person or 500. it's that scalable and built with the intent that a small team could be comprised of 4-10 people, and every single part of the software you can master in two weeks, and yet still find it surprisingly comfortable.

Cons: it's meant for at least a small team. one person by themselves can't run the whole show, which, oddly enough, having 35 more pieces of software, you can pull off with ZOHO. or at least I can.. I'm entirely into Zoho for the price. I just simply couldn't afford freshdesk's solopreneur pricing. it's not for freelancers, it's for teams... minimum 5 people before you're making full use of the suite which all came from freshdesk. (yes, I'm talking about the suite freshworks as if it was desk... trust me, you don't want just the desk...)... this is a rare case where they pull off a near perfect piece of software, but price out the little guys so that we don't get to play with their toys... but then again, I did say it was only semi-customizable. it's not like caspio or Zoho creator or a number of other CRM suites which have moved well into the low/no code markets by making their own flagship products with their own entry-level builder, just to show what it can do if you actually use it to it's potential.... freshdesk has limited potential, but unlimited freshness,
oh.. and it's probably good that they make it unaffordable to the little guys, because this is not entry level software... you HAVE to know about crime and ticketing and VoIP and all that jazz before you touch this. I have about 10 years dealing with CRM's, and they are almost starting to catch up to how I feel they should work... freshdesk, it's an almost. with not much for options to make it my own, even if i cuuld afford it.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/09
Michelle H.
Category Leader
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/06

"Best Email Ticketing System out there"

Comments: We have been able to be more responsive to our customers while maintaining high data integrity across our whole business. The team is able to 'chat' in real time with each other about an individual ticket without confusion and the ability for us all to be 'in' the ticket at the same time to see what is going on. The transparency of our interaction with our customers also mean we can address team training needs and discover any shortfalls of our customer service quickly, confidently and positively.

Pros: The ease of use and the overall look and feel of the experience for the team and our customers.

Cons: We are sometimes limited with our ability to search however this is more about how we use it and not the software itself. We are heavily reliant on our customers sending queries with quality subjects in their emails and due to how generic they are, the amount of queries we receive and the limitations we put on the team to tag/identify can give us high numbers of returns during a search.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/06
ecommerce specialist
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/10

"Very happy with Freshdesk"

Comments: We are a distribution company that imports several US and European brands into Canada. We manage the customer service inquiries for all these brands for Canadian customers and retailers. We were previously using Outlook inboxes but that became too cumbersome. Freshdesk has allowed us to feed all inquiries to one place while still maintaining our separate brands and automatically routing tickets to the appropriate customer services team. Our workflows are more efficient and customers are easier to track.

Pros: Freshdesk is extremely easy to implement and the ability to customize experience, workflow, automations, users, and more allows us to optimize for our business needs. The onboarding and customer support has been very knowledgeable and friendly. The software offers excellent value for what you pay. Everything we need for our medium-sized company is in the plan we've chosen and as our needs grow their higher tier plans look like they will grow along with us. We also chose this software because it integrates with their Freshchat solution.

Cons: There are a few automations & rules that are pre-built into the software that didn't fit into our business workflow. But we easily adjusted them to fit our needs.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/10
Head of Customer Service
  • Reviewed on 2021/06/11

"Good helpdesk tool that needs better integration between its own Freshworks suite."

Comments: We can manage support requests much better with Freshdesk, and it has helped reduce response times and support quality as a result of that. Nevertheless, their support and the lack of a single widget for Freshchat and Freshdesk is not great.

Pros: The ticket management and SLA tracking have helped us a lot with staying on top of issues. Further, our clients can view all their tickets and where we are with their request, which helps manage client expectations.

Cons: Their support does not always communicate crucial changes to the behaviour of the software, which can lead to disruption in the service that you provide to your clients. Further to that, the integration between Freshdesk and Freschat is good, but your customer's experience will be quite bad as you end up having two widgets for the same thing.

• Reviewed on 2021/06/11
Omnia H.
Customer Service Lead
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/26

"With Freshdesk you can manage all your support channels in one place!"

Comments: It was a good choice and I recommend Freshdesk if anyone is looking for Omnichannel solution with affordable price plans

Pros: What I like about Freshdesk that we can manage all our support channel from one place, the automations and reporting features are excellent and we can customize it according to our needs. Also the support is good whenever I need help I can find quick response

Cons: It's only 3 cons: 1- Twitter: The DMs in Twitter is a little bit messy, it keeps the message history for only 7 days maximum and any new message from the same user will come after one week will be opened as a new ticket which is a true waste of time to keep checking the whole history for one case across many tickets that's unlike FB messages 2- Direct integration with iOS and GooglePlay stores so you can manage the reviews directly without using third party app with extra cost 3- When you compose new email it does not allow to enter more than one email in (To) field any additional mail have to be added in CC which is sometimes not practical at all also to use group emails is not allowed till now you need to log the emails one by one

• Reviewed on 2021/05/26