Filter by:

• Overall

About YouTrack

The issue tracker designed for agile teams. An agile project management tool that can be customized to your business processes.

Learn more about YouTrack

Dayne E.
Dayne E.
Customs Compliance Specialist
Logistics & Supply Chain, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/12

"YouTrack helps keep projects on track"

Comments: The business I work for uses YouTrack effectively to track problems and projects to keep people on task and aware of what their responsibilities are at any given time.

Pros: The thing I like most about YouTrack is that it gives users great tools to stay on track with projects. For example, a user can identify a bug in our processing software and create a ticket. IT can then triage the ticket and assign it to the correct developer to begin the process of investigating the bug and fixing it. That developer can post on the ticket asking for more information or indicating that it's ready for QA testing, etc. Every step along the way is catalogued for future reference.

Cons: I dislike that users (not the IT people, the lay person) cannot edit their own tickets after submitting without IT enabling the option.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/12
Silvio B.
Silvio B.
Software developer
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/17

"Probably the best tool for task tracking"

Comments: Very nice experience I would definitely suggest it especially to a team that likes to tinker with their tools in order to make them tailored to their needs

Pros: I like the possibility to customize heavily this product. I've been working also on its workflow functionality which I've found very useful and complete. Also the docs are great and exhaustive which is a huge pro often overlooked.

Cons: I really wanted to add custom styling to our kanban board in order to change the colour of the cards from green to red based on their due date but I had no way to do it with the youtrack provided functions so I had to inject a custom script. Would be nice to have this feature!

• Reviewed on 2019/08/17
Thomas R.
Head of Sales
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/18

"Helps keep our team organized"

Comments: YouTrack helps us keep track of tasks in a simple and effective way.

Pros: Its helpful to relay information about a particular account from one team member to the next. It is also easy to figure out what things still need to be completed and which have already been completed

Cons: once I create a ticket it automatically emails me anytime something is changed or noted on the ticket. Sometimes I even get double emails when I am tagged in something. For our team, sometimes the ticket simply needs to be passed on but I don't need to follow the progress every step of the way. Many times I only need to report something and then pass it on. It does allow you to opt out of the emails but I would prefer to simply opt into what I want updates on and what I don't.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/18
Juan carlos R.
Juan carlos R.
2D Technical artist and Art manager
Computer Games, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/26

"Best solution for project management"

Pros: -Easy to use
-Web based
-Free for less than 5 people
-Not really expensive on the next point (15 users)
-Able to add cards to backlog
-Custom status pointers
-Sprints are super easy to create and automatically brings the unresolved issues back
-Customization of user profile
-Easy drag and drop cards on different status columns
-Can add images/files/media in cards and can add comments to the same
-Simply perfect for scrum

Cons: -Design wise is not really appealing
-Can get buggy when multiple people try moving the same card around
-Needs to be refreshed from time to time to see changes.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/26
Amr H.
technical lead
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/03

"iam happy by using YouTrack"

Pros: the user interface and supporting agile are wonderful on this tracking system

Cons: nothing everything is ok I am using it daily for tracking my team tasks

• Reviewed on 2021/05/03
Martino P.
full-stack developer
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/08

"Let's track your task"

Pros: It's very customizable, basically you can do what you want

Cons: It's very powerful but... there is a lot of stuff to learn!

• Reviewed on 2020/02/08
Robbie D.
Senior Software Developer
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/14

"Great task manager for agile development"

Comments: We've been using this for a little over a year for all issue and task tracking. It has a basic interface which admittedly could probably do with a little cleaning up but it works great. It provides all the features you need such as comments, time tracking (with different types), git integration and email updates.

Pros: git integration, comments system, time tracking, easy re/assignment.

Cons: slightly dated site styling

• Reviewed on 2017/02/14
Will G.
Will G.
Client Success Director
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/19

"YouTrack is very useful in helping us track and work on bug fixes for legacy product"

Comments: We use YouTrack to capture bugs and release infomation on our legacy product. YouTrack has historically worked well for us and I'm thankful to use it.

Pros: I like how easy it is to input tickets, assign users and keep track of bugs. The chat and attachments are easy to use once you get the hang of it. Being able to attach bugs to client builds is extremely valuable.

Cons: I think that the interface is a bit older and in my opinion, searching can be not quite as intuitive.

• Reviewed on 2021/07/19
Walid D.
2nd Level Support Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/27

"Best tracking system"

Comments: Youtrack is Software That Make your Work easier.

Pros: Ideas Board , Developement Board , agile proces

Cons: Changing from project to others you need to rework the template

• Reviewed on 2019/03/27
Sanford G.
Data Center Technician
Banking, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/10

"Good Ticketing System"

Comments: We respond to other teams requests within my organization. I also have requests within my own team that are manged with this tool. Overall I am liking it so far.

Pros: This software is easy to use and doesn't take too long to learn. I was up and running within an hour of getting my rights to it.

Cons: I have not come across anything that I feel is negative about this software but I think the admins here might need more training because I am not getting all of the notifications I need.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/10
Marketing Manager
Insurance, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/04/17

"No bad but still have many glitches"

Pros: We tried a free version. It has many great tools for project management. Even for big projects.

Cons: It is buggy and it wasn't easy to implement it, so I think the software still needs in improvements

• Reviewed on 2021/04/17
Joshua S.
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/09

"Perfect for teams of any size"

Comments: We use it at work and it's great. It's quick, got a lot of keyboard shortcuts, and extremely customizable. We've used it when we had just a few developers and continued to use it effectively as more individuals were added to the team.

Pros: Easy to use, highly customizable, quick to set up, free to try

• Reviewed on 2017/01/09
Maicol B.
Maicol B.
Developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/08

"A great bug tracker"

Pros: Can be integrated with VCS repos (such as Github or Gitlab)
A lot of custom fields and options to customize issue tracking experience
Great customer support from Jetbrains

Cons: UI a bit minimalistic (it can be a pro for users who like a minimalistic look, but personally I don't like minimal UIs. I prefer more detailed ones)

• Reviewed on 2021/07/08
Digital Content Manager
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/17

"Excellent tool for tracking product development projects"

Comments: We are using it to communicate with our overseas development team in order to complete work on our digital learning platform. We use it to track features, bugs, and other user stories, and discuss those stories with the team. It has proven invaluable for this project since we are using an Agile sprint methodology.

Pros: I like the ability to see Agile Boards related to our product sprints. I like being able to add screenshots or videos of bugs easily for our development team to use. I like that if I forget to save my work on a task, when I come back to the task my work is auto-saved and available to continue working on, even if I closed my browser.

Cons: It would be nice if the feature for a particular task was automatically added to a sprint when a sub-task of that feature was added to the sprint. Right now we have to tag the sprint manually for every feature.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/17
Ignacio S.
Ignacio S.
Lead Web Developer
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/21

"Complete control over your team work."

Comments: Is very awesome. It reduce the time needed to organize the team.

Pros: Youtrack isn't the easier tool to use, I must recognize it, but we need to understand that, with all of it's features that is a necessary circumstance. Youtrack can help you a LOT when you are working with groups of people, you will know what are doing, when and who, you can measure the productivity of your team, create goals and many other things. Forget to think that it is only for programming or teams of programmers, you can use Youtrack in every scenario out there.

Cons: Lack of some integrations, I think YouTrack is as good as Jira but need some extra integrations with others useful tools.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/21
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/23

"Best issue management so far"

Pros: For me this is the best issue management software so far. I've used others like Jira, but I really enjoy using Youtrack. Especially the query language is quite cool.

Cons: I really can't think of any, maybe the settings page, it could use some redesign.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/23
Tim F.
Tim F.
Systems Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/07

"YouTrack is a very powerful but easy to use issue tracking system."

Pros: The best part of YouTrack is how easy it is to get started. You can opt to run the software on your wn server or subscribe for a cloud-hosted instance. YouTrack is extremely powerful without being hard to use and it is very easy to integrate into your apps. Date-based swimlanes are a really useful feature.

Cons: Overall I do not have any gripes but, for some, the options available can be a bit overwhelming. Fortunately this complexity is shielded from software end users and just has to be managed by the technical support and development staff.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/07
AVP Product Management
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/22

"Steep learning curve but well worth it"

Pros: Projects are almost infinitely malleable and customizable

Cons: The solutions are not always right in front of you - a softer UX would help

• Reviewed on 2019/01/22
Jeff H.
Jeff H.
Customer Success Consultant - Software
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/19

"Super easy way to log issues with software and track progress!"

Comments: Makes it easy to get issues filed for our software right when I hear about them.

Pros: I like that I can quickly create an issue for our software and search for other issues related to mine.

Cons: The layout is a little "clunky" so takes a little bit of time to get the "hang of it" in terms of what you need to do to submit the issue.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/19
Hashini W.
Hashini W.
Trainee Software Engineer
Computer Software, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/09

"Easy to use as a bug tracking tool"

Comments: Use this application to track bugs and assign those bugs to the developers.

Pros: we can use this application as a bug tracker and assign to developers on task board when found bugs in applications.

Cons: Do not have a proper tutorials and guidance to use YouTrack.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/09
Hang X.
Hang X.
Senior Software Engineer
Biotechnology, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/15

"there's better options"

Pros: it's some how configurable, it's really hard to list what I like the most about it

Cons: nice try JetBrain! YouTrack is part of the JetBrain family, but i don't see the same quality in YouTrack in other software like PyCharm, this is hard to use, and you have to learn new query language to be an advance user

• Reviewed on 2019/03/15
Enrique R.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 2014/11/28

"Awesome product, ahead of the competition"

Comments: sWe tried a lot of issue/project tracking product (Jira + Greenhopper, Pivotal Tracker, LeanKit, among others). YouTrack was firts in all out categories, like: easy to use and administrate, flexible, powerful and reporting system and value (features/cost). We have been using YT 6 months already and no complaints here.

• Reviewed on 2014/11/28
Binigya D.
Game Developer
Computer Games, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/19

"YouTrack - Track Everything"

Comments: My time with YouTrack has been very pleasant. Apart from its few shortcomings, I have grown really fond of it, and it is really helpful in tracking and managing projects, even if you are coordinating with an external team.

Pros: YouTrack is in my opinion, THE best project management and tracking tool there is. While it doesn't have a bucketload of features, or does not come on the cheap side, it does what is does extremely well. I love its UI and UX, it really makes using YouTrack a pleasure. I love its take on making tasks and managing them via boards. It is so easy to create a task, assign it's priority and notify the people concerned. I also especially love its Git integration, which makes working it with a second nature when you are coding and you want to make a commit. If you are serious about getting a project management tool, please try this once. You will love it!

Cons: I really dislike that there is not an integrated communication platform like Basecamp in YouTrack. But it has a Slack integration, which is handy and useful. I also don't like that you don't have much theme choices, as for a tool that I will be using everyday, I would like a bit more of layouts, customizations and themes. And also, sometimes uploading files can be a buggy experience. Videos may take a long time to play, some files are indicated as uploaded but you can't view them immediately. These occur very rarely, but are a nuisance for sure.

Alternatives Considered: Redmine

Switched From: Redmine

• Reviewed on 2020/10/19
Max S.
Max S.
Director, Customer Success
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/24

"Bugtracker from programmers for programmers"

Comments: Easy to use for administrators, programmers, project managers and issue reporters.
Definitely recommend for small and medium-sized teams.

Pros: - rich support for SQL-like filters and hotkey \ CLI-like interactions
- flexible and customizable
- easy to use

Cons: - some usage scenarios are not very carefully through through, e.g. when one attaches an image it's hard to copy and insert a markdown link (better if each attachment had something like "+" insert into text button)

• Reviewed on 2019/01/24
Aman S.
HR
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/18

"Manage all your projects tickets in one place."

Comments: 1. It works just awesome for me and fo my team.

Pros: 1. The best thing i like the most is that you can set the priorities of your tickets like Critical, Major verify, Major, Normal so a developer can easily find out that on which tickets he/she have to work first.
2. If you are developing a project in a team then you can assign the tickets to the developers so that developer can easily work on those tickets which has been assigned to him/her.
3. After fixing the tickets you can also change the state of those ticket as Fixed and then after support team can easily test it and if it is fixed then tester can easily change the state to veified.

Cons: 1. Still i did not find any cons in YouTrack.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/18